Jungle Update

Yes we have another TF2 thread but it has to do with its 10th birthday, not the content of the game itself.

teamfortress.com/jungleinferno/pyro.php

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EKRhxvmtass
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm not a graphicsfag, but TF2 came out nearly a decade ago. Even with these updates, the game suffers from many QOL features and looks awful. It just lacks a certain oomph. Why would anyone keep playing the hat simulator?

there's already a tf2 thread for you to furfag around in. people are talking about the gay update. you bumped off a perfectly good thread for this autistic shit.

they made the game look worse over time

You didn't even read the spoiler you fucking retard.

I'm still not going to play the game again, fuck Valve with their skins and kill streak bullshit.

I like the idea of gassing a chokepoint for your allies to set enemies on fire, need to see more details on how it works before I can decide if it'll be fun niche or just useless like a lot of shit in this game. I hope these changes to the flamethrowers mechanics really do make a difference. I am no pyro main but I do like to fill with him if the team is generally rounded (It never is) so if they can finetune airblasting and flame range I'd definitely be happy

Those differences are so subtle that you need a comparison like this to notice them

So what do you guys think of the flamethrower changes?
I hope they're not more fucking nerfs

Too fucking little too fucking late.
Valve turned the game into complete cancer with all the hats, all the taunts, all the skins, all the shit that nobody wanted.
The ruined one of the most aesthetically original games of the 2000's for profit.
If you're still playing this game then you have battered wife syndrome, go fuck yourself for supporting this company.

This makes me wary of getting into the game again. I don't want to get sucked into wanting a weapon in each skin or skin type.

More like "shitty version of overwatch" tbh

Eh, it mostly looks like buffs actually.

(You)

That shit was rigged. Pyros got a point for every time they lit a fag on fire. Some fag could light up a whole team and get a dozen points per life. You actually needed kills as heavy.

You should use it then, no game deserves duplicate threads, much less a freemium front for underage gambling.

Really, don't get into the game. Don't install it, don't play it.
It's not fun anymore, the imbalance between the classes has become insane since 2012. Ever since strange weapons were added people play for kills, not for objectives.

And heavys got a point for every time they pointed the minigun into the rough direction of the enemy and pulled the trigger. I say that as someone who likes to play both Pyro and Heavy.

I'd like to know what the fuck YOU were playing.

Spectator, like a true fenceshitter

Holy shit this update is hilarious. As if Valve didn't hate Pyro enough.
Valve doesn't want the Pyro in the game. This much is clear.

No one other than Pyro mains wants Pyro in the game.
He's fun to play, but not fun to play against. Yeah, it is fun to light up a room and run, making the other team scramble and panic. You know what isn't fun? Having some faggot light up a room and run, leaving you and your teammates looking for health packs quickly.
He's not fun to fight, he's annoying.

That wording wasn't really clear in
I mean that heavies didn't get shit points when bullets collided with enemies, only when they got kills.
Someone saying that bullets racked up points wasn't playing the game I was playing.

Well, now they can no longer do that.

Seems like the new weapon is gonna shoot fireballs that will blow up on impact, like a single-shot fire rocket laucher. Honestly, the Hot Hand looks like a fun weapon to use.

No, user, the main point of the gasoline can is area denial - something that has long been a requested feature for the pyro. Considering that any enemy that runs through the cloud risks getting instantly set on fire by a stray bullet, that creates effective area denial. Perfect for capture points, chokepoints, intel etc.

Pyro's counter Pyros.
I'm pretty sure other classes have tools that can put out fires now. And even in vanilla, pyros were not exactly top tier.
Like, what's in the room that the Pyro
1. Gets close enough to set them on fire before dying
and
2. There's not one answer to the damage dealt by afterburn, like one medic for 3 guys

I wish it was a pool on the ground. A cloud in the air doesn't make much sense.

It probably obstructs vision, too.

youtube.com/watch?v=EKRhxvmtass

People still play this piece of shit hat simulator?
This is no better than overwatch.

heh

oh boy

Please don't shitpost with Diana. She doesn't deserve such low quality posts.

GAS THE SPIES
CLASS WAR NOW

Shooting a fireball sounds pretty awesome, but isn't that just the detonator without the detonator?

We'll just have to see on that, but how obscuring could be?

Come now, I know TF is in shitter but this is WAY too rough.

puff-and-run has been nerfed, afterburn does more damage the longer you're in the flame.

Cuckholds, all of you

I can't understand why people still play the game, it isn't fun anymore.

I hope this means i wont have to stop playing soldier when my ping is high anymore.

if there were more community servers that weren't 24/7 single maps and actually had a decent rotation I'd stop getting happy about new maps. unfortunately, barely any servers do this.

free (You)s for faggots on outdated memes

Because people can't let go of the past.
Where do you think we are?

Addicts
Why do you think these faggots play MMOs/ASSFAGGOTS/CRAPCUNTS?
Why do you think we have a Gachashit general right now?

These faggots don't want a good game to play, they just want a timesink to go back to once they're off doing whatever they do when not playing vidya, no matter how shit it is.

Its why most multiplayer games are complete fucking garbage nowadays and so is the community surrounding them, its why I went the way of the Milsim, not because I liked military shit but because they are literally the only FPS games worth giving a fuck online besides UT which will never be finished because Epic are chinese owned niggers.

Honestly you deserve it

This is what you get for playing modern TF2.

fuck this

WHY ARE YOU NOT PLAYING TF2V YOU STUPID FAGGOT

dead game

Pyro's been able to rocketjump since June 20th 2008

Detonator jumping is no where near as powerful as rocket jumping.

A dead game is better than a shit one

Apparently neither is your knowledge of tf2.

Are we talking about the same tf2?

Yes retard
June 20th 2008
The fuck makes you think I'm talking about the detonator you fucking newfaggot

Get out of here cliff

Sorry, i didn't see the date.
airblast* jumping is no where near as powerful as rocket jumping

But Cliff's game is both shit AND dead, Valvedrone.

What makes you think i like this shitfire?
Tf2 a shit no matter what.

Bullshit
Take your fucking faggot Merc Badge and go cry on the TF2V server about how much better a version a tf2 you never played was.

It'll go away, right?

wew fucking lad

No-one will notice whether you're shit or good when you're the tenth of ten pyros on every server after the update comes out.

No, because you'll get into the impatient habits that every other scrub in the game has.

Oh yeah faggot, lump me in with some blezinskishit so you can pretend your retarded ass didn't misattribute an item from one of the biggest fucking updates in the game to a minor bugfix update from 3 years ago.

Hes right you fucking idiot.
The pyro can reflect rockets and use them like a solider does to rocket jump, only the push force is insane since it's not your projectile and has maximum push force.
This is something almost no players know about now a days and it's fucking sad because of how disgustingly effective it is.

see
This fucking update is part of the cancer killing tf2

Yes, but that requires you to actually fucking learn something.
This is overwatch tier tbh

Here you dropped these.
Get the fuck out

READ NIGGER!

Everybody wins but Heavy
Everybody wins but Heavy
Everybody wins but Heavy
Everybody wins but Heavy
Everybody wins but Heavy
Everybody wins but Heavy
Everybody wins but Heavy
Everybody wins but Heavy

Please play TF2V
please

What a terrible argument. Some of them are small changes, yes, but stuff like the bottle not breaking anymore and enemies dropping ammo boxes instead of just picking up the weapons, or the weapons not flying around anymore when hit by a rocket are just incredibly lame changes for which I can hardly think of an excuse.

All those small things add up.

Good. Heavy mains are worse than traders.

Repeat after me: "MMNMNNNMMMUH I'm Dead"

All of this.

except players can control themselves during an airblast now, so it’ll probably be harder to push them in a specific direction.

also the afterburn nerf is terrible, pyro’s strength is being able to ambush large crowds. But if you have to focus on a target, than he’s no better than a scout.

Medic is the God class. Half of the problem is that Medic enables Soldier and Demoman's shit so well and the other half is that that game revolves almost entirely around ubercharges so only one player on each team really matters.

I think it has the same range as flamethrower, but rather than a continuous stream, it’s a charge shot.

I'm not gonna lie, this update for Pyro seems pretty lazy and bad.

All the directions they could have gone

…We get

Medic is the shit-class, the passive agressive faggot that never gets anything done on his own. He's a faggot enabler, that's what he is and I say this as a Medic Main.

He's a sidegrade because Soldier\Demo can easily find a Medkit to recover health if they need, and unless the Medic is running Quickfix and knows his shit, Medkits are also faster than waiting for your Medic to cancel the whole advantage of rocketjumping around.
That he is usefull, nobody doubts. However many "pro" teams run a Medic player that probably doesn't even like the role, he just accepts it because he knows his team will lose without one, the main reason so many people even start to main Medic to begin with.

He is not fun to play with, you are basically observing the game but somehow you can still fuck things up anyway, you're dependant on your pocket being competent (and the more he is, the less he needs you) and on your team to defend you as well. You're a target to just about anyone else and you're whole reason of being the game is just to make extremely boring stalemates like sentry-locks end fast.

Medic and support roles in general can be quite fun, especially if you fill out the Strategist role (which he does in 6s, apparently) but for regular TF2, the servers are too chaotic for that shit or for any decent teamwork and you'll end up enabling some killstreaking pubstomping Soldier if you want to win anyway.

Say what you want about Overwatch, at least Mercy is fun to play with. Decent mobility, a good secondary weapon that doesn't use a special firing mode that no other weapon can relate to and she can be more proactive with Damage Boost so she remains usefull even when there's little to no healing to be done.

I just want to know who got the digits, don't mind me.

Worse than that, he's a gimmick Soldier with a single loadout. And the only thing they had to do to make him at least decent was making Moonjumping bigger so he could at least rival a Scout with a doublejump.

You first.

I tried to queue for a comp match for some insane reason and gave up after waiting 40 minutes. This game really is fucking dead isn't it

I dunno, this minisandwich sounds like a good idea to me.

Reminder that TFC pyro had a incendiary rocket launcher

I'm not even sure what the point of it is since the Dalokohs Bar exists

So, he is a TFC pyro?

Everyone only uses the matchmaking to play casual, the compfags went back to their pre-arranged scrims right after they found out that the Valve's competitive mod is a load of garbage
And the game isn't fucking dead dingus, but rather the game is a zombie that died years ago

There's already the dalokohs bar, and it increases your HP

Maybe you can throw it as a weapon or whatever

I already know that, but they (the faggots you're replying to) are probably shitters who can't handle soldiers / demoman, even though the Pyro is designed as a soft counter to both of them

Oh yeah, least we forget
Meta talk 24/7 because all of the content is fucking shit.

The problem has been fixed.

What is pyro?

Transsexual.
What was a joke about ambiguity 8 years ago blossomed into a retroactive social justice statement.

I think its still just a joke about ambiguity and youre projectingz

Ah, so that's why xe is so mentally unhinged.

Why the hell was this ever a thing? Even through the pyros muffled speech you can tell that it's a male voice and the obvious male body type through a skin tight suit. It seems like to me that the "pyro is a female" phrase was born as an obvious joke but now it's mostly fueled by peoples strange and degenerate sexual fantasies.

Pretending everything is OK doesn't make it better, it puts you on the same level as the transfags.

accurate too be honest.

It's actually because the pyro has a 'lighter weight' compared to solly. IIRC the classes were set to respond to different hammer unit variables in different ways. It's why heavy is barely affected by rocket knockup compared to pyro and about that are very affected. Some values are flat though, like the airblast.

Pubs have never, ever been organized. Medics are picked occasionally, but competent medics can do a great job of keeping his team alive. The only times I've enjoyed playing medic in pubs is when im stacking with friends and we swap our classes from time to time.

Crossbow+medigun now means you're the best source of burst healing in the game barring megahealths. Uber will always drive a pace in the game, and is by design used as a binding between two players. Medics keeps his pocket alive, the pocket keeps the medic alive. When the relationship breaks down they part ways.

Time has not been kind to the game's balance; the bar of play has grown exponentially since release, and so players keep reaching and going beyond it. Five years ago the concepts in rocketjumping that are expected today would've been considered nearly impossible.

Soldier and Demo have always dominated games because they have the highest damage potentials and most balanced movesets in the game. It's very much a falco vs fox situation; both do much the same things, and both are horribly unbalanced against classes just below them (Scout, Sniper). It's a fundamental aspect of playing the classes.

Unless it's faster to use, it's ultimately worthless. Not only do you have to jump through new hurdles just to get the fucking thing, the sandvich turns every health kit into a large one. It might work if you're on a map with very few/hard to reach health kits, but the difference is negligible.

he deserves to be bullied even more tbh

user Im a tranny

When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

There will come a day where the shit that piles up in TF2 will make it worse than Overwatch.
At that point, someone's gonna post "Overwatch is better than TF2" and instead of the reactions the obvious bait got in this thread, every user will simply lower their head to disguise a lone tear and reply "Yeah… I guess it is…"

CAN TRANNIES DO ANYTHING AT ALL?

They can vote democrat.

It looks far more baggy than skin tight, kind of like a firefighter uniform.

I think he meant tight enough to not be hiding any titties. Well, unless it's some really thin but tall little girl in there. Or the suit could just empty except for fire, and pryo was just angry fire this whole time.

But voting has less impact than texts on reality tv shows.
Does it really count?

They can, but do they? I remember post election, there were all kinds of people complaining about the results who didn't vote because they thought Trump wouldn't win. It still makes me laugh to this day, but there was even a guy who voted Trump as a joke expecting Hillary to win, anyone have the pic of that?

I'm going to be honest I think the TF2V shilling should be kept out of these threads simply because we know the TF2Cucks are still salty over vintage and would possibly use it as a vector ot piss people off. Alphaassblasted still browses here and does damage control every so often.

Who'd win in a fight, Pyro or Fireman Sam?

HOLY FUCKING SHIT NUVALVE IS PURE DISTILLED AUTISM

God I've always hated this form of abbreviation. Ever since I had to hear "scimmy" every fucking day in runescape. Is it really so hard to type Soldier? It ain't like you didn't have time, you typed all that shit up. We aren't in a heated match right now, god dammit.
I'm so mad.

Not to mention you have voice codecs to actually speak.

They're giving all the worst stuff from soldier to pyro.
Only when soldier gets a Wat moment (Getting hurt to get damage resistance) they change it, but pyro gets changed into it!

It sounds like a stupid term a britbong would come up with.

Hang the fuck on, so now scouts don't ever need to worry about afterburn and soldiers will jump away even more often.
In his fucking update they're double nerfing him?!

Lotta people are jumping the gun here, we haven't gotten our changelog yet where they remove Black Box and Concheror from the game for ceremonial purposes.

Watch. Watch it happen.

I exist to trigger your autism. that post was me phoneposting

Yeah sort of. If the scout takes a quick shot of fire he won't burn for forever and a day. If he is burned for a few seconds constantly then he'll be in trouble afterwards.

Pyro's problems are:

None of these have been solved. Afterburn is shit, was shit, and will remain shit for as long as its free ubercharge for passing Medics, not to mention the myriad of cross class methods for putting it out en masse. Balancing around Afterburn will get you nowhere.

Airblast is a band aid to begin with and every time Valve tweaks it, it screws EVERYONE over, almost without fail.

The Hot Hand is outclassed by the Powerjack (unless Valve fucks it over like the Axtinguisher) and Backscratcher. The Gas Passer is a cloud of free ubercharge, at worst, or a minor nuisance, at best, and remains outclassed by both the Detonator and the Scorch Shot. The Dragon's Fury might be interesting ,depending on reload time and base damage, but probably will be a chain flaregun.

Now, the Jetpack? That had real potential- as a core component of the Pyro. As an unlock? Say hello to Manntreads 2.0, only this time its on a class that NEEDS its secondary to do anything of value.

If they really wanted to fix the Pyro they needed to do, in addition to bug fixes, one (or more) of the following:

I'd assume non-primary based afterburn would stay the same, so the detonator and scorch shot are probably still viable options.

Hats. The reason is hats. The more hats and unusual effects that have been added the more animation and texture details have been sacrificed to make room.

I just play with bots. At least bots actually play the game.

You wording was clear. So people are on the worse end of the spectrum.

I think what the Pyro really needs is to be an offensive class, that is to say, more mobility and more ways to deal damage from positions and angles other classes can't do.
Alternatively it needs to be a defensive class, since the demo fits an offensive role better, while the pyro is good at chasing off spies and helping protect engineer nests from rockets and the like.

lad…

those changes had to be made to pave ways for the shitty fucking hat and cosmetics sales

they made it shitty like that to "optimize" the game for something it was never meant to be, the hat simulator that it is now, running around the map with a fuckload of cosmetics from each player could potentially break the game.

Either way, Pyro needed some serious buffs through reworking. His damage is the worst of any non-support class and mostly comes from his shotgun.

Honestly, they should just remake TFC at this point.

Disgusting

You must have the pyro confused for some other class, fam.

It's more like the soldier's rocket launcher but less damage and being caught in the splash area will set you on fire

90% of the people who are mad or complaining about the new weapons or balance changes probably only play pubs at a gibus level.

People complained about RIMLIGHTING. You know, that subtle graphical effect around a player's silhouette? Now imagine if that same effect were on the weapon that was in your face.

Really 99% of the problems you fags have is a lack of reading comprehension and/or critical thinking skills.

Where the fuck did my post go?

Anyone complaining about pyro's lack of damage: go check any pyro debugging video, when the flame particles are 100% real and they dont disappear, reappear behind the enemy, etc, that thing deals some important damage. If the particles are really fixed, this alone will be a huge buff for the pyro, but I really doubt the tf team actually fixed it

I just want Pyro to be buffed in ways that stay true to his playstyle; fix up the weapons he has instead of giving us new ones. The new fixes just feel more like them shuffling the stats of his items around, even though some of them are nice. I don't think the current dev team really knows what they're doing aside from nerfing things, when really TF2 was its most fun back in around 2013 when everything wasn't entirely nerfed and we still got lots of new updates. Despite this, though, I'm probably going to play this update a fair bit and give it a decent chance, and I'll probably even have a lot of fun with it, too. I just kind of wish the dev team were better. TF2C is great and I plan on playing that again more actively once the big new update they've been working on finally comes out; TF2V is a standalone and that's really cool, but the main point the players have against TF2V is just bogeyman shit about a tranny working on the game from the looks of it. I'll check out TF2V sometime but it just feels kind of unnecessary compared to TF2C and is just splitting up the playerbase even more; I have friends who love playing TF2C with me and every now and then people jump into the servers for it and play it with us. It's good shit.

But I went off topic there. Yeah, the Pyro weapons and changes weren't what he needed, but it'll be fun to play around with them and I'm looking forward to the update. Part of me has given up hope on TF2 and it's kind of sad to me because it used to be my favorite game, and I adored it with all of my heart back when it was a big deal.

Wait, really? Particles were the main problem? If this is true, this is huge and I'm looking forward to this. Even if it's not a huge damage buff I'm still happy because this shit'll be fixed; I've always mained Pyro but I never got into the way he was programmed so I just accepted that his flamethrower worked the way it did. At first I was interested in trying out the jetpack the most, but now I just wanna light shit on fire again.

tinfoil hat theory, but since going f2p, the community was filled with huehues and ruskies
aka people with shit computers
maybe the visual downgrades are tied to them complaining about bad pc performance, or to gain their market/attention by being a playable game for their shit computers

Last one to name his Gas Passer "Zyklon B" is a commie.

I just want to get a strange one with "Demomen killed" on it. That's all.

Couldn't you force the game to run in DirectX 8? How much lower do these toasters need it?

I'm pretty sure they removed the broken bottle because of all the retards that expected it to do extra damage when it was broken.

No, pyro was extremely inconsistent with how his mechanics worked. Either they were de-synced with what was happening (flame particles), or they were inherently weird (airblast, see embed related).

Where the visual flames go is not actually the same as where the hitboxes are, so while it may seem like your target is engulfed in fire, most of the hitboxes are going behind him. You had to lead your target which wasn't entirely clear from the visual feedback you got.

The main reason they removed those was because people found them visually distracting. They added a dedicated command to remove rimlighting on players and weapons, but before that people just used mat_phong 0. One of the biggest things that set/sets TF2 apart from most shooters is the visual clarity. A lot of those graphical effects went against that, so they were changed or removed.

Yes, pyro's problem is that valve's code is magic and it acts on a different way every time
You can see it in the embed, pyro shoots these first particles that read if there's something in the way- if there's something, they stop and do the flame particle where they hit someting, if there's nothing they just continue to the max flamethrower range and create the flame particle there

The problem is, these flame particles behave funny on a lot of situations, but worst of all, the "hitscan" particles are insanely broken and go all over the place, ignore players on close range, etc. It's all on these videos

Forgot to say: 1:03 on embed, pyro's main problem: Only 60 server ping and around 40% of the particles teleport forward, ignoring anything you have in front of you

I think the idea of the pyro was to have a cross between heavy and spy, somebody that if you don’t see coming will wreck your entire team.
The only time I’ve seen pyros launch an awesome offense was with phlog crits and an ubercharge. Or a backburner that somehow snuck up on the entire team. Or airblasting a kritzkrieg soldier.
The point is all of pyro’s flamethrowers should be combined in one. I know it sounds OP but having all of pyro’s useful situations split into three really makes his roles awkward and niche.

Don't you mean pyrophobic you elementist?

I shall enjoy the lucksman salt.

I am more interested in the physics alterations, how they will work now that it accounts for both pyro and enemy movement.

All the Pyro needed, besides the obvious particle fixes, was better mobility, damage and survivabilty.

You give him mobility by either improving his moonjumping so it's stronger or even letting Airblasts directed at the ground propel him up significantly. Maybe even let him charge the Airblast, which not only increases the area it affects, gives time to match projectiles but also increases how far he flies (and consumes more fuel).
Without either of these, he's land locked and ambushing is neigh impossible.

The damage is possibly the only thing this update done right, depending on how much it takes to ramp it up significantly.

Survivability is piss easy, just give him 10% damage resistance for every nearby enemy on flames, capped at 50%.
There, now you reward Pyro's going in deep and setting fire to a bunch of people forcing them out of cover, thus finnaly establishing him as an actually Offensive class and define his role as "engagement starter".
Couple this with a mobility buff and what you get is a Scout that instead of focusing in flanking and single-target combat to takedown a valuable target, you instead have Pyro flanking and disrupting an entire team so his own team can break in easily.
You know, like actual Pyro's used to do.

The whole idea of this weapon was trash. They should have done something like "-15% damage reduction, 100% chance of mini-crits if you did not lose health in the last 15 or 20 seconds". That rewards you for playing how Pyro is supposed to be played, but instead of that we have "you can't airblast for shit", various iterations of the flare gun, a twice-nerfed axtinguisher, tons of other melee weapons that you should never use, a gas can and a jetpack.

What the fuck is the point?

If they wanted to kill comunity servers, they could atleast patchup that Valve Shield thing.
Out of the 50 matches I've played this month, 30 had cheaters in them.

I use the backburner because it's the only way to actually kill heavies. I dunno if it was the particles or I'm just shit, but everytime I lit up an heavy, he'd turn around and kill me. Sure, most of the time, the afterburn took care of things, but I'm still trading one player per player and if I didn't hit him hard enough, he's gonna sandbitch himself.
At least with the backburner, when he turns to you he's already at 150 HP and it's a somewhat fair fight (not really, minigun deals more damage than flamethrower in close range, WHAT THE FUCK).
The only reasons to take pyro nowadays are:
a) To fuck around and have fun.
b) To flaregun snipers and make their lives miserable.
Since this happens, b) is no longer viable, so you get a bit of a) whenever the soldier+pocket medic aren't around.
Jesus fuck.

You can airblast with Backburner, it just requires you to really get down the ammopack locations. See a soldier? Hug that pack and never leave till he's dead.
I tend to switch if there's engies though, already too many idiots picking 200 packs after firing two shots.

The point of posting this?

DAY 4 WHEN

what's the fucking point of doing this?

Sweet, don't know why you posted this here, though.

'Hype'
Aka more blue balling people, or whipping them into a frenzy of blind adoration/rampant hatred.

They have been doing this for years retard. If you or anyone else honestly, seriously think this is about hype you are brain dead. It is actually subtle but it forces you to set your expectations and then you have the ability to compare them to reality, which if you have experienced this update style more then once will immediately kill your perceived hype.

Second and the main number 1 benefit of this update style is to set some sort of date that everyone will know the game is updated at and a basic understanding of the update causing a planned surge in player population which is very good for the game.

It was pretty much a forced meme.

This is the only case in which it'd be okay if the Pyro turned out to be female, but something tells me the girl wouldn't be as cute as I am hoping for.

Seeing as this is TF2 after all, it'll probably be a kangaroo or some shit.

That's 11 years too many.

related to pic, went to a coffee place, a cross was engraved with the words deus vult on a toilet paper dispenser, memes hitting real life man

He's a snowman. The suit isn't just fireproof, it's thermally insulated. His envy of people with non-snow-base bodies turned into hatred so now he makes them melt.

D.riller said they MIGHT consider the nostalgia goggles thing you know. If enough people ACTUALLY want it and talk where they see it.

What if it's a snow Kangaroo with a loli in its pouch

The Campaign to get the new weapons is free if your nigger ass could be bothered to read.

You're not fitting in.
Just because they've done this shit before doesn't make it nessecary.
Seriously, do you like being babied like this? It's fucking stupid a single day patch notes and an update maybe the next day is enough for most people to understand what's going on.
There is no fucking reason for it too take a half a fucking week just to release a single update.

10 years was 50 years ago.

I'm pretty certain that the words "pyro" and "fire" have the same indo-european root =, so does it really matter?
Sage for linguist posting

Is it here yet?

Fire has no basis in latin.
It's saxonic or germanic, I dunno. But I know my latin. Pyro does indeed roughly translate to fire.

It's like "hydrophobic" versus "aquaphobic".
The first means "avoids liquids" but the second means "doesn't like water".
Modern english makes a jumble of things, but the root is still there.

My nigger ass WAS indeed bother to read, and all I saw was Mann vs Machine 2.0: buy this pass to play the campaign and earn a cosmetic. Want another cosmetic? Buy another pass.
No thanks, I'll pass on it.

Saxonic, Hale?

No

Website updated
They finally took Meat Your Match down and put up a jungle inferno icon on the main page.
Somebody is awake

You literally didn't read it if that's what you think this is.
It's just the god damn CS:GO operation system
Hell this is not even new to tf2 Contracts were a thing before they just changed it to match CS's system.

Listen you buy a pass if you want the pass based cosmetic shit where you do missions to get them that's it. You complete a mission you get the reward the pass is account bound and doesn't go away after doing a mission.

The pyro's new weapons are part of a separate set of missions that are free you chimp it's literally on the pyro's god damn page.

I wish they'll do contracts for all unlockable weapons. I'm fucking tired of going to trade servers and spam "ПОКУПАЮ ОРУЖКУ ЗА СКРАПЫ" for a hour just to get some new weapons, and crafting system is out of fucking order.

DELAYED TO TOMORROW

Wait what the fuck they changed crafting? How does it work now?

Oh no a ton of items had their crafting requirements really really reduced because the BRONY JEW KING cried that it would make it harder to lie about Metal that was being used to buy keys.

Like some shit that required Refined metal now only needs like, scrap, and reclaimed metal.

THEY FIXED THE FUCKING BOTTLE!!

THE UPDATE IS OUT

Nice

not yet

THE BOTTLE BREAKS AGAIN
THE BOTTLE BREAKS AGAIN
THE BOTTLE BREAKS AGAIN
THE BOTTLE BREAKS AGAIN
THE BOTTLE BREAKS AGAIN
THE BOTTLE BREAKS AGAIN
THE BOTTLE BREAKS AGAIN

What?

THEY ALSO FIXED THE SANDVICH NOT HAVING A BITE WHEN HEAVY EATS IT

I'm looking at this shit and they're nerfing everything into the ground holy shit.

FUCKING FINALLY

These are basically the same damn patch notes we got months ago. They didn't change a damn fucking thing. AND they're moving the update back a day as if they didn't have the update ready this entire month. Pathetic. Truly fucking pathetic.

I am so fucking depressed right now man holy fuck

WE NEED AS MANY PEOPLE WITH RESERVE SHOOTERS AS POSSIBLE
TOMORROW
HOLY FUCK

Pretty good go at balancing stuff, but they're still forgetting about the RIFT weapons.

Airblasts no longer count as being "airborne", thus negating the "puff and shoot" tactic and along with it any reason for anyone to use the Reserve Shooter unless they're shooting jetpack pyros.

Holy shit
You think the fucking Volcano fragment will still have regular afterburn time?
Will there finally be a use for it besides the fact it absorbs crit chance from the flamethrower

when you airblast a dude you cannot minicrit him with the reverse shooter anymore,nerfing pyro to shit

I hated fighting the reserve shooter but…HOW MUCH FUCKING MORE DO THEY NEED TO NERF THE PYRO!?
I could go and do it. I could kill them all.

rip sandman ;_;7

THEY BUFFED THE BISON

cry moar

Reserve shooter on pyro was retarded. It was a replacement for the axtinguisher and in general was used by bads who couldn't hit flares at close range. It's going to make a lot of subpar pyros mad and I'm happy about that.

See?

Christmas has come early this year

THE GLOVES OF RUNNING URGENTLY FINALLY DO BASE DAMAGE AGAIN

Im happy but also torn about this change.

Dude, the Dalokahs bar can finally have a use. Since it ADDS to heavy's health pool.
Just run to the point and eat a snickers or two.
Diabetic HEavy

Guys… Did… did they nerf pyro in his victory update? And buff soldier?

Every update buffs soldier, son

wat.. without the the aircontrol theres no fucking reason to use the weapon.

seems like it, it's a shame i wanted to see how viable pyro would be in competitive

pyro status: cucked
Heavy wins again.

You could ya know, use it to fall slowly like it was intended?

There really wasn't a reason to use it anyway, unless you had the Air strike and a shitload of rockets
Or fall damage

But the afterburn damage is increased. Surely that counts for something.

I know this, i don't use the base jumper but i just find it stupid

Afterburn in general, or just from flamethrowers?
Because dude, sharpened volcano fragment buff, finally.

Also worth mentioning that while decreased a small amount the healing debuff is now applied by after burn not direct flamethrower damage. That's kind of a big deal.

Oh boy if I'm already burning someone half to death they'll burn more… Oh wait I already burned them to death.

It came along with a huge nerf- no semi-competent team is going to let you get a sustained burn off.

Afterburn in general is 4 damage per tick now. And yes this is a volcano fragment buff since only pyro things got their duration adjusted.

Oh boy

Afterburn isn't a threat to anyone but lone Spies or unlucky Scouts.

If afterburn is so shitty, why even caring about it?

Volvo did not even seem to consider the fact that Pyros are now even LESS effective against crowds and, to an extent, spies as well.

It finally has a use now

Let's look into that a little bit.

Afterburn now reduces all direct Medic healing and resist shields by 20%.

And now when they get away from you they take more damage.

Whats the problem? Afterburn literally only mattered on low health enemies before, if you just puff and run like a retard you were doing fucking nothing, now you're more encouraged to be less of a useless bitch by actually giving afterburn a chance to kill someone that inevitable gets away from you.

You caught them user, they nerfed it to actually have the downside that was intended when it was released, that was literally stated in the blog post with the update it came out with. Good on you for not letting them pull the wool over your eyes.

Because Valve keeps trying to "fix" Pyro by balancing around airblast and afterburn instead of addressing the core problems facing the class.

Things like:

What is even the point of using the piece of shit then?

Great, hope it was off cooldown and there was only one scout!

did you even read the update?

Isn't scout a pyro counter?
Serious question because I don't remember.

What the fuck is the problem with Soldier mains? It's like they will never be happy until they can fire nukes that wipe half the map and heal their team to full health from a gun with 20 mag capacity.

Sweet fucking god, just remove Soldier from the game entirely, it's the most Mary-sue of all the classes.
I'll take an heavy with 3 pocket medics or a small room with 20 cloacked spies over a single soldier any day, fucking christ.

Maybe something to do with being able to shell from the air for a longer period of time than a rocket jump?

Are you a soldier main? It would explain a lot if you were.

Have you ever played this joke of a game? Pyro wants his enemies in his range. These airblast changes NERF him considerably!

Nice quads, and technically but I mean both are offense classes. Pyro's already at the bottom, why do we need to make it even harder on him?

But they don't.
If you hit a scout with a blast of fire and he gets tagged, the Afterburn will do 24-32 Damage over 3-4 Seconds. The quicker he gets away the more likely he is to live. Before, he'd take 60 Damage over 10 seconds. The difference is too small and unimportant; Worse, Spies that get burned will now go back to being fully cloaked even faster.
The only thing that got a significant boost here was the Flare Gun, since it does the same damage as before over a smaller time period. But oh wait! Darwin's danger shield now makes the primary target of flareguns invincible. Atleast you can fuck over scouts and sometimes medics.

Scout shouldn't be, but is. Heavy is the intended counter, but Pyro gets hard countered by Scout just because the fucker has so much burst damage and can dance in and out of Pyro's reach.

Engineer also hard counters Pyro cause what's he going to do against a sentry, mini or otherwise?

You gotta think outside the box, man.

Pyro isn't Spy, Pyro isn't Engineer. Area Denial is not worth sacrificing one of his only effective tools for.

Really isn't that big of a nerf tbh, i think i could still use it properly.

Try right now to melee a scout without airblasting them in to a corner.

Scout suposedly countes anything with a low rate of fire, since they can't hit him consistently.
So technically, he counters Soldier, Demo and Snipers.
In reality, a Soldier and a Demo can insta kill you from close range (just turn a corner at the wrong time, you'll be dead before you see them) and snipes can kill you with bodyshots now, so Scout can't even do what he designed to do.
Here's the list of things Scout can do:
Only the last one is usefull and it makes the scout into Sniper 2.0. You see this in 2fort, the snipers park themselves on the battlement, kill other snipers all day because their aim is blocked 90% of the time to anyone coming from the bridge and that's it. 2 snipers per team is pretty much 4 guys playing an alternate game inside your game.
Now change that to scouts having speedracing competitions and "who-can-meatshot-before-emptying-the-magazine" tournaments.

why do you want pyro to be scout?

Which group is Pyro classified under, again? I'll give you a hint: it starts with O.

"Obnoxious"
:^)

area denial can still be used offensivly, nigger.

But now you're a melee range offensive class who drops highly visible traps behind enemy lines. Your role is "mild nuisance" or possibly "free kill."

That isn't what he counters. Scout counters literally anybody who can't aim consistently, so that means he counters everybody but pyro, engineer and soldier at times. I main scout, and I know that scouts can easily kill a heavy if they run around him and jump effectively.
Here's the real list of what Scout can do:
This is the kind of gameplay from a scout you'll see in most normal games. Pyro SHOULD be a hard counter for scout but this update fucking nerfs the shit out of Pyro like nobody's business. Not only can pyro not trap scouts (his only way of effectively killing scouts if they're not in an enclosed space), but they also nerf the reserve shooter so that pyros cant kill scouts as easy as he should.

You mean the class that literally never died to afterburn unless they were half dead? The class that has two items to negate after burn on them self, and a faster move speed to reach water/health faster?

Keep in mind all these afterburn doomsday arguments are entirely vapid because we don't fucking know how it scales at all until update day.

Oh you're just bad. Fair enough.

We're not offense user. We're nothing. Thats all Valve wants. A joke class, thats all we are.

Good.

Not really.
Assuming the Scorch Shot does the same afterburn damage as the flare gun, you are doing the exact same damage as the Gas can with it. The only thing the Gas can really counters now are other pyros; You can hit them with it since it's also in flamethrower range and then you can simply out damage them. Because that's what the pyro needs, of course, a way to counter himself.

Nice plebbit spacing faggot. Scouts take less damage from afterburn now, so this is effectively a nerf. Spies recloak faster now, and that is also a nerf, so now the Pyro can't even catch spies as well as he used to. I don't play Pyro, by the way, I am simply pointing out the fact that Pyro has been nerfed, which makes you extremely asspained.

crazy suggestion, why not use the new primary for range?

A shroud one might say.

Welp, there goes any reason to use it. Nobody with half a brain and more than a few hours into the game will fall for disguises these days. Not even the L'Etranger will do the set any good anymore.
On a related note, there's probably gonna be more people using the L'Etranger with the dead ringer now.

That'd be nice, but we don't know the range it'll have yet. It already says "Limited Range", so I doubt it'll be anywhere near as good as the Flare Gun or Scorch shot, and its damage is pretty fucking awful compared to either of the two.
It's also got a shittier Air-burst, and you are trading this out for your usual tool, the Flamethrower.

Sure, it deals 300% damage against burning targets, but if it reloads like the flaregun, I hope you enjoy doing a staggering 100 DPS to single targets. If it splashes, it might be interesting, but I can't see you getting more than a shot off into a group before needing to duck and cover.

Oh boy 75 damage! And like 50 from afterburn. Maybe I'll kill a scout who doesn't heal himself or use milk/bonk/find a medic/medkit

It only says "Briefly ignited", so it might be alot less than that.

Oh yeah snipers too! Shame they now have two ways to remove afterburn! Oh maybe spies? Both of their ways to remove it are on cooldown maybe I'll get lucky!
Maybe that engi if he ever leaves the nest.

He's saying it's fucking useless because even the most exposed and fragile class in the game is going to laugh at that shit, assuming you can hit them in the first place.

Plebbit spacing is trying to make the text look more neat by breaking before the text goes too far across the screen. Notice I made a break for a different point not related to scoots.

Now I break to discuss a different point again, if it looks like plebbit spacing on your screen deal with it. The fact your only point is hurr durr it has to be a nerf because puff and run is less effective is beyond retarded. The point is puff and run didn't do anything in the first place, no one cares if you nerf useless strategies, trading them for more effective afterburn in the long run is plenty fine.

I can tell. Backpedaling into a u mad argument in the same sentence you prove your opinion to be worthless is hilarious though.

>>>/reddit/

Now imagine that with the scorch shot or the detonator.

Fuck off nigger. I hate this "leddit spacing" meme.

The point is you are retarded and wrong, but even worse you are not from here. Afterburn in general has been nerfed.

Why would you?
It's less damage than the flaregun. 2 Shots from the Fury is 100 Damage, if you hit twice in a row. 2 Shots from the flare gun is 120 Damage, and you can miss atleast once before the afterburn wears off.

At what point does it stop being sloth and start becoming incompetence?

Now imagine having to get up into the enemy's face to pull that off instead of firing from long range.

Good.
Compfaggots need to take their gay 6v6 shit and die.

You notice how every competitive scene for a game claims they know best on how to fix the game, and EVERYONE believes them whenever they say this, and then when the devs finally listen to them, it ends up fucking the entire game up?
Look at what happened to Street Fighter V.

fuck off, a majority of the people playing vintage also like it because it's smaller. Why the fuck would you want to download 10 extra gigs for shit you're never going to touch. Same reason why it's not just plugins for a retail TF2 server

???

What I'm doing isn't even reddit spacing, reddit spacing is a break after every line. Something like this.

If you people are seriously getting triggered over breaks for different points because it can vaguely look like plebbit spacing when the point is short, then I hate to say it but I sympathize with which ever mod briefly added a filter for it.

They didn't fix matchmaking either. It's the same broken shit from Neato and they refuse to acknowledge that they broke the fucking game on a core level.

Gotta agree, the whole reddit spacing thing is a recent thing. The average user does not know what this is and the ONLY people who would know how formatting works on plebbit is plebbit posters meaning that the origin of the complaints of reddit spacing are redditors themselves

Can we not do this? We're having a bad enough time in this thread without arguing over even stupider shit.

>using the flare guns only for long-distance

And here I thought only the squeakers in casual were bad at TF2.

They started it but fine. I'll let spastics be spastics.

Just ignore retards. People bitching about reddit spacing are redditors themselves. Who in their right mind actually knows how formatting works there without having been there?

Eh…..at least you can help that Engie over there…there, there, Pyro user…

Jetpack would be good for rapid response pyros

Shame you're useless for a whole second after using it.

could be used to close a gap, imagine being a Homewrecker pyro and you need that extra boost to get to an engy in time. TF2 doesn't have much verticality in it's maps is the problem. might be useful for escaping or getting to battlements on 2fort as pyro

Not bad

Well, stick with the L'Etranger and the Big Earner then.

And they say the Spy's getting nerfed hard. HAH!

Its gotta be a big boost if you couldn't walk over there in the same travel time + holster time.
The cooldown and boost kills it, it really should've just been passive.

Can he host a server on old tf2?

Is just the flare gun as a primary

Bad enough you get only 4 shots before reloading…now you use metals? Granted, it's 4:1 Health to Metal ratio but still.

What does it mean? Does it mean buildings upgrade faster at the cost of extra metal? OR Do they upgrade slower at the cost of more metal?

Hey, a Flare gun in mid air sounds devastating…

You mean scorch shot?

Yeah..imagine Scorch Shotting folks from the sky like an angry fire god.

It means at during setup time, each wrench hit applies 50 metal instead of 25, making it upgrade buildings faster.

Yet Heavy did win…what did the Pyro got? A Primary that works like a flare gun (and not the good one like the Scorch Shot either), a jetpack (finally…a mobility option for the Pyro) and a bunch of other shitty weapons.

What does the Heavy get? A faster Dalokohs Bar.

That's useful…yep, the Jag and the Rescue Ranger ain't leaving my Engie Loadout anytime soon.

All they did was nerf the ever living shit out of any class that has an advantage over Soldier. At least they fixed the bottle and sandvich and put the bison back to normal. I warned nobody to get hyped, and you all did.

NuValve really has no idea what they're doing. They genuinely think this "balancing" is unique and works. 5c they never tested this shit.

What the fuck does the banana do?

It's a mash between the Dalokohs and the Sandvich. Heal 150 HP, drop as a Medium Health pack..and recharges faster.

Pretty sure it means that it costs more metal to upgrade, but only during setup time. Mainly a nerf to have masses of engineers since they'll all be scrambling to steal each other's metal to get their shit setup, since they'll all have jag, rescue ranger, wrangler like the faggots they are.

Scout's speed allows him to cuckold the pyro; you can stay just far enough to not get burnt and just close enough to still get decent damage. Granted, if the pyro is worth his salt he'll be able to shotgun him down or 2-shot him with flares. Unfortunately that isn't the case most of the time, and it's no surprise that the class has seen better days.

It's a sandvich that heals less and recharges faster.

Checked and once again with the soldier autism, really don't understand what's the big gripe about the class.

But can you heal yourself by dropping and picking it up?

Didn't they nerf that trick to having Heavy have to eat it regardless if the Heavy threw it and picked it up?

It heals 200 hp and recharges in ten seconds. Alt-fire drops a small health pack.

Read the patch notes instead of pulling things out of your ass.

OK, the wiki lied then….

Don't forget, Pyro is a guy in the concept art as well.

You know what could've been funny/stupid? Pyro is actually a robot or the 4th Mann brother…or even better, a yeti.

They mention that they have 6 contracts for the weapon unlocks, but they only have 5 weapons listed on day 3. On day 4, they do mention that it is for heavy and pyro so that leaves one free contract unaccounted for. Calling a 6th weapon surprise for release day.

What if it's an unusual banana
With Massed Flies

What part of stupid did you miss?

Pyros locker/cubby has a purse in it and several domination lines refer to them as a woman, so its always been a running joke

Or this. Enhanced face posing never ever

I always thought Pyro was [s] flaming [/s] gay.

Do you mean Hardware morph or just better facebones?

You talk lile as if OW came out 5 years ago.
R U TIEMTRAVEL?

I really like that idea. I'd have pushed it a lot further than 20% though, since a lot of the time all afterburn does is feed the enemy medic ubercharge percentage. If it becomes a lot harder to heal people who are on fire then the damage is more likely to stick, Medic becomes less godly and Pyro, dispensers and other weapons that can put out fires become more valuable.

In fairness, Orange Box, with 4 other complete singleplayer games sold for $50 at most whereas selling a multiplayer-only game at 60 dollarydoos is pure jewery

They should've killed the matchmaking system outright and let us have populated community servers again. But of course they won't do this, this shit is impossible to fix retroactively.

JUST GIVE ME MY FUCKING $6 DISAPPOINTMENT ALREADY VALVE

or AT LEAST brought quickplay back, in that way you could pick wich server you wanted and see how full they were, also if you pick a map it stayed on that mode

ids habbening

oh shit nigga

who wants to play on the same server

Post steamid and we can party up

New thread? his one hit the bump limit and the update JUST dropped.

STEAM_0:0:237569397

You'll have to wait until page 13. Try asking the jew if you can make one, though.

Gj Valve

If a scout gets burned for a few seconds he dies. This just means that scouts can get away with meatshotting and ducking immediately more

Is a campaign pass worth it?

no

Yes, it's the only way to obtain new weapons.

Still major problems with the update. I finally unlock the jetpack, and I went to the supply locker to see if it refilled the jetpack, and the jetpack disappeared. It wasn’t even in my inventory.

who tought that giving the direct hit to pyro was a good idea?