Star Ocean 4 The Last Hope will have Denuvo

BRAVO SQUEEENIX
store.steampowered.com/app/609150/STAR_OCEANTHE_LAST_HOPE4K__Full_HD_Remaster/

Other urls found in this thread:

torrentfreak.com/denuvo-we-dont-give-refunds-when-games-get-cracked-161219/
dsogaming.com/news/square-enix-removes-denuvo-anti-tamper-tech-life-strange-storm/#comments
steamcommunity.com/groups/DenuvoGames
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hookers.

what's the fastest time a game with denuvo got cracked?

1 day

Less than a day.

20 minutes

WHO THE FUCK WANTS TO PLAY STAR OCEAN 4? THE JAPANESE DIDN'T EVEN LIKE IT, THEY JUST FELT PITY FOR IT. HELL TRI-ACE IS NOT ONLY SHIT, THEY'RE FUCKING DEAD. LITERALLY WHO

From actual game release to pretime?
About 3hr, less if you count the retarded "denuvo on Unity" games

The later Star Ocean games are far from Tri-Ace's biggest fuck up.

The japanese didn't like Mother 3

I guess Japs don't always have shit taste.

Itoi is a fucking commie, I don't like Mother 3 either.

This game is legitimately one of the funniest I've ever played. It's about on par with Infinite Undiscovery in terms of cringe though I'd say it plays at least a little bit better.

At this point I find it hard to care for any reason other then laughing at devs and publishers wasting money on that shit. Denuvo gets assraped within a day and the majority of the time it's in games I wouldn't waste the bandwidth to download.

He did good as the dad in My Neighbor Totoro though, he sounded pretty human and sincere.

Hopefully they fill out their requirements as it comes closer.

Isn't this technically Star Ocean 5? Since NA didn't get the first one. In any case this isn't Till the End of Time so its gonna be garbage.

Before release

when you ask your 12 year old to make graphics for your steam page

This is even more offensive to me than Denuvo

On a side note what do you think of the Star Ocean sereis in general and is it worth playing "Till the end of Time" today?

I don't have to align my political views with those of the creator of a work in order to enjoy it. I can watch the film Sacco & Vanzetti and appreciate it without having to share the political views of the protagonists.

Star Ocean 2 got released as is, they didn't fuck with it like Final Fagasy. The original even got a remake on PSP released in English with generic anime art.

Is this Starbound?

It ruins Mother 3 for me in retrospect since all of the grunts wear pig uniforms. I didn't realize he was hinting at that sort of thing while promoting small-town life, now it just bothers me.

Star Ocean 4 is shit anyway.
The cast is mediocre, plot is mediocre… That part where Edge accidentally nukes a whole planet and begins to cry for hours on end is only beaten as one of the worst moments in any JRPG by any scene of Berseria with Kamoana in it, or Infinite Undiscovery's DINNER DINNER DINNER.

Integrity and Faithlessness has its flaws, but it's by far a better Star Ocean game. Of all the ones they had to spruce up for a PC release, it had to be the worst Star Ocean running.

Any JRPG fans that never played this game, avoid it. Honestly, it's so bad.

I think playing SO3 is worth it but I have a steep nostalgic attachment to it, as it was my first Star Ocean game. I understand why so many people dislike it though, and I don't even think those complaints are unfounded. I just really enjoy SO3.

maybe in terms of voice acting and overall graphical quality, sure. It was so much more boring though, story-wise and combat-wise. The only redeeming think in SO5 is Fiora.

Yeah, but Star Ocean was never released in NA as far as I am aware.

at this point it only fucks with legit customers, and that's fine because I'm a pirate

SO4's story was also boring though. Combat is debatable, it's a step in the right direction but it did need more polish.
Everyone in SO4 was forgettable. IaF had Emmerson and Fiore.

Go fap to faggot mermen somewhere else.

to each his own

I wonder how much it cost 'em.

The Japs have shit taste in vidya though

Why? it's just going to be cracked in a day.

WHY THE FUCK DO (((THEY))) KEEP ADDING THAT PIECE OF SHIT DRM WHEN DENUVO CAN BE CRACKED IN LESS THAN A DAY NOW!???!?!??!??????

If it can be cracked so easily then why are you mad?

Wasn't too interested in this coming to PC anyway, but holy fuck are they retarded. I don't want to imagine if Sega will follow suit and do this with their future ports as well. Can you imagine if they did it to a Shenmue 1 and 2 HD?

Doesn't Denuvo guarantee some number of months that the game will not be cracked? That's what I heard once, but I don't actually know if it's true. If it is true, it's not actually costing them anything; the Denuvo team will just have to pay them back, I guess.

Its the reverse for me, torrents don't seem to be able to handle my fiber connection sometimes, but steam and shit have no problem.

Who does that anymore?

I remember SO4 having good endgame content, better than SO3 with additional arena challenges and harder/more active boss fights
I was the tard who fought the giant bug queen without the right immunity pendant and got stuck on that planet for a long time grinding levels instead of buying the right accessory
Combat was the only redeeming factor from what I remember, I liked the combo system as it was better than repeatedly using DIMENSION DOOR + SIDE KICK 4x in a row like with SO3
The characters fighting style parameter shift which affected the outcome of how the AI would fight was an overall improvement so the AI wouldn't just hop around doing nothing
The area where fights took place sometimes had obstacles and was larger so you had more room to plan how you wanted to fight
Being able to fully customize the bonuses on your gear was a nice touch, it was a bit annoying to have to go full Monster Hunter and collect materials from specific enemies from certain areas to craft unique shit, I guess I missed how you could recruit inventors in SO3
The Welch was annoying and not cute at all
Some of the cutscenes between characters when choosing who to strengthen relationships with were so bad I got embarrassed and skipped a conservative guess around 1/3 of them
The robot guy, the loli catgirl, and the bikini elf mage are bae though

I rate the game 7.8/10
If you can ignore the horrible english voice acting and story it's a "decent" JRPG, the real fun is at the end with the 2 endgame dungeons and the really hard extra arena fights
KAY

your ISP is just throttling p2p you fucking moron

Except they aren't because I use a VPN and I've run tests to see if they are. Besides most people have garbage upload speeds and if there aren't enough seeders shit is gonna get capped anyways.

I'm only mad because of the fact that one of you niggers will buy it and make a thread about how disappointing this game is when people have been saying it for years. I really hope I'm wrong this time.

Nigger thats been debunked since last year
Actually check your sources before posting misinfo

I remember last year the director of SO5 said he was "considering" porting SO5 to PC, a comment i assume was directed at SE's upper management and investors.
this HAS to be them poisoning the well because there's no fucking way a company will set themselves up to fail this hard otherwise.
"Well guys we tried but Steam just doesn't like star ocean! Now onto something else."

this is really shit fam

Denuvo shills used to spout this shit. It used to be somewhat true but people have found quick ways to defeat it and are releasing same-day cracks now.

It had nothing to do with Denuvo shills you retard
Just some braindead Reddit that started spreading this theory and the shit for brain journos started spreading it as well.

So it is. Looked it up and Denuvo says they don't have refunds for a game being cracked in a certain length of time.

torrentfreak.com/denuvo-we-dont-give-refunds-when-games-get-cracked-161219/

This is why I ask you guys. I could look it up, or I could just annoy people here until they give me the answer.

I thought the PC grape-fox thing was just a meme. You people would guzzle paint thinner if it came to PC - especially Steam - wouldn't you?

Here's a hint at what you idiots want:

You might say this is Denuvo's Last Hope.

Last thread there were people asking if the game was good, everyone said it was shit and that was the end of it.
Nobody wants this garbage, Denuvo no matter where is to be vilified no matter how shitty the game, especially on an old port.

This has nothing to do with your console war bullshit consolecuck.

As I said before, that entire arc is one of the worst moments in JRPG history.
It doesn't help that the underage girl who the green haired fuck keeps getting a boner for is boring as fuck.

When the childhood friend gets petrified and you have to save her, I really couldn't be bothered. At least if she didn't survive then the least shit girl in the team would get bumped to hinted romance option.
I honestly didn't care about the cast. They felt really poorly written and mediocre.

damn, can't even get the biggest and best PC exclusives without DRM these days. Oh well, I'm gonna go review e3 2010 to see what new releases will be hitting PC next year.

I liked it. Well done, you spic.

You missed out:
>We can't escape because Edge yes, his name is Edge motherfuckin' Maverick gave away our crystal power source!

I couldn't even bring my self to finish it even though Myuria and Reimi made my dick diamond. I soldiered on just for space-elf ara but I finally tapped out after backtracking through that quicksand desert planet for who knows how many times for fetch quest no. 9999.

That's pretty much exactly my story right there.

It's not like you missed anything important at the end. Elf guy from the start is evil but he also is in love with the boring child. Everyone other than childhood friend is no longer with Edge after the events of the game, so he pairs off with one of the worst girls in the game after all.

The first Star Ocean for the SFC was a pretty forgettable game that obly stood out because they reused the technology that they had created for ToP on it. How did it ever managed to spawn a series is beyond me.

I don't remember everything on point but in short what happens after that scene
>little autismo girl recognizes him KAY
It's actually way worse than I'm making it sound.

I actually enjoy supporting games, so I like buying them, but I won't buy any Denuvo games. Them putting Denuvo on the game is basically just them saying they don't want my money or support, which is annoying.

Star Ocean 4 was fucking garbage all around.

How stupid was everyone on the Enterprise not to realize immediately that her dumb ass had a necklace of dilithium crystals? They work with that shit all the time, for Christ's sake

They were all trying not to look too closely at her because of the mind control.
Except Kirk, but he was too busy checking out her rack to notice her necklace.

Mother 3 was extremely short and boring with story playing on emotions for characters you have no engagement with. The only enjoyable part was the last act nostalgia trip.
Everything I heard about SO4 when it came out was bad. If this is another 30GB port fuck it.

No, I don't think Blue Sphere was ever considered a main-series game.

Wot's the source of that?

Friendly reminder that if you've bought any of their PC "ports" in the last several years you're the blame for this. You told them you were fine with DRM and they obliged by upping the ante.

Half this board bought Nier Automata.

A whole 1000 people?

Have you even tried to find it on your own? Learn to reverse search. Copying the code from here >>>/sudo/55371 into your user js panel makes doing so fast and easy. Save saucebegging for when reverse searching still comes up with nothing.

Total Warhammer. It was cracked some months after it was released then they released the code and I didn't see any cracks at all after waiting for more than a year since release.

and then denuvo patched it. I'm not sure now, though but it was a long wait that made me fucking buy a shitty game thankfully at a discount.

Why even bother? Is somebody trying to sabotage Square Enix or is someone in Square Enix selling out to Denuvo. That's what I think is why companies still use it: Denuvo is greasing wheels.

to send a message denuvo can be cracked and it should be dead

I'm happy they're using Denuvo because pirates will be motivated to show off how fast they can crack it. Then I'll pirate the game. I keep hearing that everything after SO2 is shit, and I've played SO3 and it was shit, but I want to see how shit SO4 is.

who?

You don't, it's the mediocre kind of shit, at least 3 triggers you with how shit it gets.

but tteot was a hot garbage fire
4 was objectively better than tteot and it was not great

Love weebshit. Low standards. Have nothing going in my life really.

And I even I thought this game was bad.

I'd say 4 is worse just because of how forgettable and generic it is.

No, the game is shit. For Tri Ace games, play Valkyrie Profile 1 and 2.

at least its combat system wasn't trash, and the character models were generic anime trash instead of horrifying anime ETs

star ocean 1 is good, the psp remake is better but has flaws, star ocean 2 is perfect, the psp port is a bittersweet upgrade because it changes the hilarious VA, 3 is a garbage fire, 4 is a less intense garbage fire, blue sphere translation never, and I never played 5

You are such a boring person.

pics NOW

That's like saying X-2 is good.

I've come up with a terrible theory as to why Denuvo is still in use:
I think it's a socjus plot. It creates an environment where "gamers" refuse to be the customers for games. We pirate them certainly, but a lot of us refuse to buy a copy even if we enjoy it out of the principle of the thing.
Meanwhile, the left gets to cry out "we'll be your audience, cater to us!" and the whole industry goes completely pear-shaped

Most of the games with Denuvo don't deserve to be bought anyway.

How in the FUCK does it get worse than that asspull.

They're not going to buy the games anyways, so what's the point.

ultimately, it's not about changing an industry; it's about ruining one because it creates products that men enjoy. One year of every major studio going 100% against the traditional audience and we will have a full crash

while X-2 had infinitely better combat than X, X's character models weren't hideous mutants
also I liked X-2

10-2 is my favourite FF.

Individuality is awesome ain't it?

was it a bad translation or do the japanese think the story is garbage too?

Considering I only remember the plot because of the awfully overacted motion capture and not the dialogue itself, I'd be willing to bet the localization had nothing to do with it.

Being retarded isn't anything to be proud of.

Is there gay vibes from those Nel, Tainev and Farleen girls? I remember this one really lewd Crimson Comics doujin where trying to practice escaping the enemy leads to the other 2 taking advantage and raping their superior.

who fucking cares that is has denuvo

I think it's either
or
>the big publishers really don't want to admit they were wrong
Option 3 would be that they're just fucking retarded, but that's already a given.

Star ocean 2 is the only good one. 1 has flaws that make it not worth playing and no good version of it exists. Everything else is trash.

Serious question here, call me stupid all you want for it:
Does denuvo even matters if the game is already online only? It's not even a p2p game, it needs it's servers anyway. So any disadvantage tied to denuvo is already inherent to it.
I'd understand the concern if denuvo was still new in the industry, and we sere worried about it getting on track with developers. But now, I don't think even devs take it seriously anymore, and it's a matter of time before they try to replace it with something else.

If its online only why would you want to waste your bandwidth and CPU cycles on Denuvo checks?

Thank fuck they realized it was nothing to brag about.

Square Enix's all "Thanks, Denuvo, now people will have to buy our games."

I think it's funny that "Life is Strange: Before the Storm" got it's Denuvo taken out, I'm waiting to see if that's an accident. Link: dsogaming.com/news/square-enix-removes-denuvo-anti-tamper-tech-life-strange-storm/#comments

Follow this curator group, it's trying to list all of the games that uses Denuvo. Link: steamcommunity.com/groups/DenuvoGames