Terraria Thread

Been awhile since we had one of these, what are you building Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

whatismyip.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because of the pic I thought it's a wakfu thread.
Fuck you.

Thread ruined

Threads back on. Post water machines.

Fuck off, Holla Forums

What am I looking at here
Infinite water generator?

If it walks like a duck and quacks…
Also why is leftypol always so triggered with pol? Just fuck off with your bickering, you're only damaging yourselves with that tactic

Terraria 2 when?

I showed your responses to my attractive, white wife and we're now both laughing at you racists, stay furious.

Did you show it to your wife's son though?

You're not fooling anyone. Post your wife's tits with a timestap, you faggot.

Why does posting a picture of someone with dark skin trigger fucking everyone on this board
Fuck off, I want my comfy terraria thread

Then maybe you shouldn't raceswap white waifus into niggers.

Checked and lamented.

Recess is over kid, get back to class
4/pol/ is where you belong

look man I just quickly grabbed it off google, I thought it was the lighting, does this really have to turn into a Holla Forums vs Holla Forums thread

Honey also works

Pretty neat user, shame I can't do that wiring stuff for shit

It's not technical at all. You just put a drain at the bottom and a pump at the top and connect them with a wire and add a switch. I think there needs to be a timer as well but I don't remember why. Just get a short one.

Also haven't played in years so these builds are gone from my last data loss. But pic related couldn't even function to its full potential. The game autosets liquids if water flows get way out of hand. Shit like that usually only happens if you drain the ocean into hell. Really wish whatever's coming out will fix this but it lags to shit so not likely. one day I will flood the world, and everybody on the server we make will call me a faggot

Search me

test

this triggers my autism

Yea, that's totally true, butthurted niggerlover.

You would be amazed at how necessary that was. The hardest part about building those is how fickle the water can be and just not obey simple physics.

Nigger lover.

Cry more bitch.

Op ruins his own thread because he can't read the word nigger without sperging out.
Sad I can't sage on this board using dash chan for some reason.

Jesus fuck

>>>/cuckchan/

I don't even like Terraria

Jesus fuck mods need to sweep this thread or OP needs to make a new one. Posting fictitious dryads who are black is apparently to much for this board to handle or we're being raided. Fuck politics.

Its blatant false flagging

Thread redeemed.
Someone post lewds now please

Nigger lovers.

Thats bullshit and we all know it, I dont really care though. Its just shitty fanart of a pixelated videogame character. It doesnt matter at all.

Continue crying
You reek of Holla Forums. Eat shit.

Cry.
More.

guys how do I beat the lunar cultist on expert
pic related is my shit atm, I swap between golden shower and venom staff mainly. what spells should I be using because I'm getting my ass beat

Look back at my pics I'm wanting to play the game again. How do you flood your world in water again? I thought there was a mod for it. Otherwise I'm stuck doing it manually which would be awesome if the game wasn't so limited.

You wanna cheese him or do you want a proper fight?

honestly would go for a cheese at this point

Trying to remember Lunar Cultuist. Usually I just built a good sized area and then buffed myself with a good half dozen/dozen potions and a bunch of melee accessories. Basically get as much shit for your build as you can that will optimize a fight, get a flying mount, and make an arena to fight him in. The harder the boss is for you the more precautions you need to make.
Or you could build a small house, go summoner and spam heal with the Nurse inside while your minions do all the damage, that tactic works for many boss fights though

*tips fedora*

skeletron prime was easier than this fucker

Me and a buddy were going to build a themed house for ever npc but gave up. This is what we have done.

Fucked up there but otherwise it looks good outside of the gay spiral staircase meme that's been plaguing builds everywhere.

At least let this thread live enough so I can get home and shitpost things I've done.

by 2015 standards that was a revolutionary technique

What about lava? Can you drown the world in lava?

I hated it then to.

guess youre just a cool guy then

That was the first thing I thought of. 15 full chests of Obsidian

It's pure aesthetic, no practicality. It often doesn't even fit the sprites and it's just a scapegoat method for not having to put effort into vertical design. I get why people use it but lets be honest, it's been a pretty big fad since it was conceived. And actually moving around in it is a pain.

MOTHERFUCKING THIS
I, myself, never understood it beyond aesthetics.

Eh there's not really many other options besides tradition stairs and ladder
You got any fancy ideas?

Traditional stairs are incredibly effective if you know how to use them. People just have to get used to the idea of not building upwards tunnels. If you're smart you should always start with a wide frame to build your house so you don't have to rely on narrow stairway's when you realize you built your place to small.

Eh I have a fancy idea, how about building 6x8 cages for the NPCs and then playing the game instead of being a humongous muh buildings faggot.

buildings and aesthetics are a part of the game

I like this idea. Only 6x8 is an inefficient use of space.

Best housing I've come up with.

What aesthetic changes would you guys suggest? I just entered hardmode.

Thicken the outer walls, you can use actuators to add more depth/color
Don't just settle for commie block #3215 have some style.
I made an eyeball structure in the crimson, but I can't find the screenshot

Have the devs said anything about Terraria 2 yet?

Found em

Don't listen to that user. Replace the water moat with lava and widen that pit on the other side and fill that with lava to. Then put a drain at the bottom of either lava pits and have a switch that seals your base with actuators while lava pours from the top into the moat. You could also make the bridge actuators to so you don't get any accidental NPC's burning. If you want to expand just dig down or make some cloud bases. Also plan on your base becoming corrupted. Only way to evade that is to separate your land from the rest of the world. Walls included. The game needs a method to completely purify your world without destroying half of it

Worst girl

Setting up an arena for the Etheria Stand is a pain. So goddamn restrictive.
Great, the Large Door that would make a great castle gate? Ruined. Enemies even phase throught that shit, I wanted it for the cosmetic effect.
WHY
What in the blimmy bumfucking shit is this?
They fucking melt me. Maybe I shouldn't go mellee, but fuck, that doesn't sound right.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
It's the first time I'm trying this thing and I really want to like it, but goddamn, it''s really fucking hard to like all this bad decisions.

>The game needs a method to completely purify your world without destroying half of it
CLEANTAMINATOR

Unless you want several ugly straight tunnels that lead to hell the Cleantaminator doesn't cut it. I'm talking 100% purification.

My penis says its okay so its all good.
Except for OP's picture

Except OP's pic is the most well drawn one

I was playing terraria not too long ago, got into hard mode relatively easy.
I cant kill the destroyer and it's pissing me off
not to mention I keep getting bored because the only progression I can think of is boss fights

1.3.6 when?

This is what I do. It's not great, but I've never lost with the people I play with.

is terraria fun for solo play?

Use penetrating attacks like the Demon Scythe, Magic Knife, Jester arrows or a hardmode Spear.
Try getting wings. Either save up a platinum coin, place your Witch Doctor in the jungle and buy a pair from him at night or farm Souls of Flight from Wyverns and feathers from Harpies. Then you can make a set of Angel or Devil Wings depending on which souls you use (25 of souls of light/darkness). Alternatively you can farm harpies to get a Giant Harpy Feather to craft Harpy Wings.

Is masturbation fun?

If you're on Expert, Daedalus + Holy Arrows. If you're on normal, whatever you want, really, just build a nice arena and follow this user's advice

I wish I could stop building purely utilitarian structures and create aesthetically pleasing shit like that.

It's most fun when played with a good friend who shares your autism, but barring that, solo is infinitely better than playing with randoms.

Except you have incredibly shit taste

What the fug kind of analogy is that user???

If you are struggling with the cultist you don't WANT to beat him. The shit that comes after is 100x harder.

That said, the easiest pre-lunar weapon I can think of is the Razerblade Typhoon from Duke Fishron. Of course, Fishron is also harder than the cultist by an order of magnitude.

You just have to set your mind to it. It helps to donate some accessories to a new character so that you won't be under so much pressure to make do when you start a new world.
Why don't you try something with pumpkins since you'll be overflowing with them right now. Maybe combine them with one of the three types of creepy wood.

Why even bother posting something like that?

This isnt a wakfu thread
You tricked me OP

Get out Marche and take your slutty catgirl with you

I was using golden shower as it has penetration, is that shit? My arena is basically a big bridge outside of the worms reach, my only real issue is that it takes years to do any damage and I die from the fuck ton of fucking lasers all the time. I heard that heart statues were useful but no idea on how to set them up.
someone should make a Holla Forums terraria server tbh. that'd be cool, my friends fucking hate the game

It's a great spell, but it was nerfed a long time ago from each projectile penetrating infinitely, to each projectile penetrating 5 times. Also if you're on expert, it deals 25% less damage to the destroyer and doesn't debuff him.

Well, I got the demon scythe from a friend so I'll use that then.

If you enjoy the other pics for their artistic quality you're the one with shit taste here

Try a Daedalus stormbow with holy arrows. It's amazing.

I have not played Terraria sens 2014, is there anything new I should know about?

Yes. Play and find out.

>she
Also, how the fuck do you get truffle to spawn?
I made a 120 blocks wide flying mushroom island and it actually turned into a mushroom biome, only that faggot isn't spawning in the house I made in the corner. I've already checked it looks like a npc house.

Neat. I tried to do similar on a much smaller scale (the marble palace is mine).

Last two pics are from my hardworld. My toaster can handle the game, but I just realized I have input lag. So I can't beat the Moon Lord in my normal world (gonna set up a cheese box with healing shit).

Might need to be at ground level- since Mushroom biomes usually only spawn underground. I recall something about the home needing to be at ground level, or ground/under.

You in hard mode? Made sure your mushroom biome is big enough. Just because the background changes doesn't mean it's large enough to work is my guess.

Nah my truffle's in a sky island. Only thing you have to have is a house in a mushroom biome on hard mode.

Dumping some guides and stuff.

God damn that first pic pisses me off

If I do that when will I find time to post on Holla Forums?

Any mods worth trying?

Considering the whole tree must be custom made, I'm surprised how he got the small branches, roots, and leaves correct- you think he'd have made the trunk and rooms more random.

Well the 2 branches aren't even that great either. Should have gone through into the rooms to add a bit of spice. As for the roots they don't even go underground. The tree should be dead all things considered.

Everything is new.

Truffle's house can't be below 0 depth but it can still be "underground".

Try to make it at the center of the mushroom biome. If there aren't "locally" enough blocks to classify as a biome then the game won't count it sometimes.

Yeah, it's hardmode and all. I guess I'll try expanding the area and placing it in the middle.
Mushroom doesn't spread on dirt, right?

Nope only on mud.

We had a hardcore server one time, people kept on dying and coming back with differently named characters, and then I died and I saw someone steal my shit, which they then started to lie about. I promptly quit the server after that. Certain autists always manage to ruin everything, especially the comfy. They even shat up the minecraft server Thats what we probably get for making servers on 8ch of all places

>Satan is a HxHfag
Nobody want to play with HxHfags

rate the aesthetics of my old ass shiiieeet

did you crop it like that just so we can suffer?

well, we are in hell, after all.

The last one is just the right mix of being too inconvenient to use, and too ugly to show off.

If it's just a single block deep, it might not have enough blocks to be a mushroom biome, even if the screen is changing. Try making it thicker.

He probably didn't get creative enough with it.

Personally any time I quit anything for more than a month or two I'd rather start completely from scratch.

WE

Can you get comfy in this game?

What are the blocks below the NPCs? The green/yellow and blue ones I mean. They look like they do something but I can't seem to find them on the wikis.

Thankfully I can just edit some of the items back in but the builds are forever gone.

I don't, and in fact I wish this game didn't have so much superfluous shit. I wish all the different tile choices had actual effects and depth.

I restart this game constantly on account of playing on Hardcore Expert. I have no time for such complicated structures as that, my designs have evolved to strike a balance between simple to build and effective. Still thinking up design improvements though.

Here is a good exercise: What is a vertical housing design that allows for as quick and painless NPC access as possible?

I quite like this idea but I also feel like there are merits to a thin lateral profile for home base when dealing with events.

Vertical is tough. You either have a REALLY tall tower to climb or else you have to actually enter the room, which also gives the NPC a chance to move around into other NPCs rooms if you're not careful which makes interacting with them hard.

The best designs of course are the 3x9s in horizontal arrangement. The one I have here lets you access NPCs both above and below for maximum compactness, but you could use only one of the two if you wanted. For instance, maybe build your houses into the ground so you can just run across the surface.

Sticking that in the air away from home with a teleporter is a neat idea but it kind of relies on technology you don't have access to for most of the game.

Of course, but that wasn't what I was suggesting. Just the basic design of the cubicles, you can stick them anywhere you can build a rectangle.

I imagine if you stuck all of your NPCs just under the surface of the world (bottom half only) so you could run across them and interact as needed that would be pretty cool. At least until hard mode where ghosts and shit start fucking with them.

What's a base design that deals with Mothra well? Last time I tried moving up and down inside my skyscraper and got murdered.

The thing I like about 10x3s is you can stick a lot of things in them for use (chests and crafting machinery), letting them perform a space-efficient extra role besides simply housing NPCs.

"space efficient" isn't my issue. I'll take all the space I need and then some. My issue is usage density. How long does it take for me to perform a given task?

I generally shop, craft, or store with minimal overlap, so I like to build seperate crafting, storage, and NPC zones in order to minimize the travel time from chest to chest or crafting station to crafting station.

Expert mode server when?
also if you're gonna make it hardcore you might as well just make it mediumcore cause people remaking characters makes things more tedious unless you actually ban people for a bit when they die so they wouldn't just remake characters
Also DON'T HOST WITH STEAM YOU LAZY CUNT

Do pumpkins only sprout while on screen or something? I'm having real problems with my pumpkin farm.

I've had this going for over an hour and it's barely producing any pumpkins.

This.
Fuck you, OP.

I started up a new game and they're everywhere around the map. You don't need to be on the same screen to sprout them.

Well I didn't think so. But then why are so few sprouting? It seems that I rember pumpkins sprouting like crazy before.

They're shooting up like crazy on my map, dunno what to tell you.

Wrong environment? Altitude?

You definitely don't understand. What is so complicated about constructing boxes out of wood and rocks?
But vertical building is not effective, you can't just hold lmb and create several rooms at once unlike horizontal block placement. Like, it's so simple that at the time the building was so large that third of rooms were unoccupied left overs that I utilized for equipment storage. Look at the middle, see how they have pretty much the same size compared to the inhabited rooms?
Everything else is just common sense in terms of how it got done:
Dig a hole in the ground.
Dig two holes in the ground.
>need water probably for fishing purposes
Run out of ground to dig holes in. Fuck it, place it on the roof with a few chests in addition.

The only difference between your house and mine is that your column is single stack and my house is double column double stack and you are overcomplicating automated defence with wires n shiet. And your storage workshop and npc space is nowhere close to being optimized.

Nah mang my lava pits work great. I flip a switch and I'm protected from ground and ghosts, flip the switch again to collect their loot easily. And automatic door openers are the best, everyone should use them. I only wish they worked properly with the 1x4 tile gates but they tend to not react quickly enough.

Just like barricade a door, make a platform drop to lava and position yourself under the entrance ground level. Monsters will jump into lava themselves.

Then I can't move around and do other stuff, sounds silly. And those doors are already "barricaded" actually. A switch directly adjacent to the inner part of a door means it can't be pushed open by enemies from the outside.

I've thought about making bunker houses before but it seems to me they'll always have a problem dealing with ghost-type enemies.

The other thing I like about vertical housing is they're handy for dealing with event swarms. The wider your base is the more work it is to move back and forth between entrances to collect loot/kill enemies as they gather. And if it gets really wide they don't even gather properly because there's no room to spawn.

This is fucking bullshit. They must have turned down the spawn rate sometime since the Halloween update.

I've tried to play terraria multiple times, but I've never been able to stick with it. Can anyone sorta guide me into having fun? I think there's just something missing that I can't lay my finger on, and if I could figure out what it is, I would love this game.

Play on Hardcore.

And delete the world after you die.

Maybe even have a char/world theme going on…

I think that could help a bit. My biggest concern is that playing on hardcore would just make it tedious.

What do you mean, exactly?

Play as a Druid or a Wizard Neophyte or some other roleplay.

Or you have an illness and you'll die in 30 day cycles if you don't defeat the whatever and discover the cure for your illness. Maybe you have to drink a copious amount of health potions every day just to survive the night.

Fuck off back to cuckchan

Play as your waifu/husbando

I wish it had both

For what? Wild Flowers? Don't add grass dude. The long grass makes it so they don't spawn. Also you're better off making 3 extremely fucking long trails on a custom map rather than 1 small one with several layers. Last I remember they don't spawn next to each other.

I'm slowly adding dart traps to suppress grass but as you can see there at the top the they are still barely spawning. I think I'm just going to refigure the entire thing and turn it into a mushroom farm because it is just not working.

just buy the seeds nigga

No massa I's wants dem free punkins!

Any tips/tactics for farming Moon Lord that doesn't involve building some massive automated teleport contraption?

I'm currently using max defense magic setup with Last Prism, and it works pretty well for the whole process, but I still occasionally goof and die on moonlord. It's pretty easy if I use wrath/rage/endurance/etc potions but I don't want to waste time fishing.

Literally why? The game is over.

Are there actually any worth a shit? I expect this to have a ton of really lame enemy reskins and stat alterations but not much else.

He's the only way to get luminite.

There's many ways to play this game, and if you play just to beat all the bosses then you're playing it wrong

They are indeed worth a shit, user; although if you're playing with friends on a server, don't load too many.

Different guy here, I'm planning on grabbing the four-pack during the Autumn Steam Sale so me and my roommates can play, what mods would you recommend? Right now I was just going to include the Tremor mod.

Tremor, Calamity, and Spirit are my big three. You're going to want "Where's My Stuff" though, that allows for searching through your chests without having to open them.

Alright, now what if I'm someone who enjoys the systematic automation and progression of stuff like FTB and Sky Factory when playing Autism Blocks? Have anything that can enhance the experience and that's balanced.

Pick fucking one.

Alright, a factory/automation mod where I can at least ramp up to wild brokenness rather than start out with it.

There a couple of ways, the highly mobile method and the stationary method. Either way you should take advantage of summons so you'll at least need to fish for variegated lardfish and need a bewitching table. Also you won't need wings either way.

For the mobile method you'll want to go either mage or ranged and you'll need a fast summon like the stardust dragon. You'll also need the reindeer mount or the baby fishron mount. If you use the reindeer then you'll need a long flat space topped with asphalt; if you use fishron then you'll need elevated water containers made of bubble blocks. Either way you should have some small oases of honey for extra regen.

For the stationary method you'll need to wear solar armor and build a little shelter to block moon man's laser. You should also make a little compact house for the nurse and maybe also for the dryad. You shouls use the Solar Eruption or the Terrarian for damage and also the Day Break regardless of what your other weapon is. If you use the Terrarian then obviously you should have a yo-yo bag equipped. Don't forget your honey. Also for the stationary method you can add a sentry summon as well as a mobile summon.
Note my arena has been repurposed a bit for invasions and you should probably trim the top barrier about a bit.

I can host a server if anyone is interested.

Collecting full stacks of every item in the game to hoard in your disgustingly massive base filled with hundreds upon hundreds of chests. Also luminite for building stuff I guess

I'd be down.
I think you should really host on /tg/ instead and create a more role-play focused server, you'll get a better, less Holla Forumsindictive playerbase that way

Maybe another time. What sort of server should it be? Progress, build, something else?

What do those mean?

War of the Conquering Factions. 2-3 teams working towards a massive, complicated goal that incorporates building, boss fights, and progression. Winning team gets bragging rights. Also we make team logos and colors, and gain the right to brag about it in any given Terraria thread.

I vote Children of Nyarlathotep for Team 1

In my past experiences on this board most user's prefer server's that are specialized for either starting from scratch and progressing to and defeating Moonlord or servers dedicated to building various impressive structures.

Sounds like a great deal of fun but do we have enough people interested to engage in team competition?

Well… You could incorporate Roleplayig elements into it, and host it on both Holla Forums and /tg/ here. Just make the factions Dwarf, Elf, and Human and you'd get about as many players as if you had made it for Holla Forums and made the teams the Jews, Niggers, and Aryans.

If I hosted for Holla Forums I'd also invite Holla Forums and make the teams nazi, commie, and radical centrist. I imagine the commies would have an advantage with they're commiblock skills.

How about the former, Minecraft sucks.

However you guys like it. I'm not the most technically savvy person but I'll do what I can to make things enjoyable.

I'm still really surprised a simple option to enforce a certain type of character (Softcare, Mediumcore, or Hardcore) isn't among the server features in Terraria.

Well if you want to enforce something like that you pretty much have to use Tshock.

If you set up the server I can advertise to /tg/, get players involved. The Steam Sale is coming up this week, and Terraria always gets cheap then, so it'd be the perfect time to get started. /tg/ needs this sort of event, otherwise we start doing our version of SJW's invading our games, and it's almost as bad as Holla Forums's.

Well I certainly don't mind having some /tg/ bros along but to be clear are you asking I delay starting a server for a week? Also if I were to do that we should probably hash out the "massive, complicated goal that incorporates building, boss fights, and progression" that we'd be competing for in the mean time.

I love this sort of shit, kek. Guess I'll share one.

Back on topic: Update when?

I've done this. Though the people I tried to get interested in doing this tend to petter out halfway, bring in verboten items secretly, try to skip straight to the highest tier of equipment as soon as possible, activate bosses they can't deal with, cause other assorted problems, etc.
You may as well just guess who had to build the base everytime or it'd wind up a piece of shit that's a result of not even quarter assed effort. Made siege events very unfun when the enemies would get trapped underground in the various unnecessary holes made around the base. Lazy fucks. Landscaping's probably my least favorite and most time consuming thing to do when it comes to housing.

Nah, but deciding what mods to include, setting up goals, creating team factions and ideologies, etc, should take a day or two. Put up the server, I advertise for it, most of us have already bought /tg/ when it went on sale sooner or later, and a budding event on the board is more than likely to get players to get the game, especially when it goes on sale.

As for Goals… I'm thinking it's in three parts, Set up in the form of a series of Quests. First, each team should have to build an aesthetically pleasing town or settlement that meet certain height and automation requirements, then 1 item from all the bosses, up to Moon Lord, and possibly beyond if we install more After-game mods. Finally, the team leader has to be equipped with the rarest gear and weapons on the map, if not the whole team.

Yeah, that sounds about right. in the progress servers I played you were already lucky if the playerbase made the commiblock out of wood as opposed to dirt/stone.

Just make a vanilla Expert server already, fuck mods.

Pfft, you'd be lucky to have that. Try disheveled ghetto shantyhouses made out of multiple random blocks. When your structures are so bad that they're slowing you down and getting you hurt or even killed along with preventing you from killing shit effectively, there's a problem.

I'd be hosting a server myself already if I weren't stuck behind an NAT.

There are a couple of issues with whats suggested here that I'm not sure I could solve. Multiple settlements make it so invasions might not happen at the right place for example.

Alright team battle servers gonna take some ime to work out so I'll host a expert progression server in the meantime. Easy, medium, or hardcore?

I play on mediumcore in network servers, easy is for babbies. Hardcore is hardly any different online besides the loss of heart progression on death. I don't see how you're going to enforce character types though, and I have found that to be off-putting when attempting to play with my more casual friends.

I'm the guy who suggested the Team Servers thing, So I'll drop my Steam name so we can work things out.
Carpe Diem Jugulum

I don't use my steam much have an Email address [email protected]

I like to make worlds crimson with corruption, that cool?

I guess, is that an option now? Doesn't that not necessarily work properly?

Terracustum it's always worked fine for me.

I'm also adding extra ore, heart crystals, sky islands and dungeon chests.

This, with the worlds having one or the other, I find it works best to make an artificial of the other out of one of the extras.

I think the point of corruption versus crimson was that it makes games more unique.

It does but if some one wants to run mage and finds themself in a corruption world it's a little sad right?

Is it? What's the big deal, both crimson and corruption have their own unique spellbooks.

So what kind of Mimic does a Key of Night spawn in a corruption and crimson world?

You can only get Band of Starpower in corruption

As I'm making a crimson world with curruption crimson mimics and biome chests

I have never gone beyond collecting ore and smelting a gold or iron sword but I'm sure I can do better than any pub player.

Alright lets see if this works!
192.168.1.20:7777

You just posted your home network IP.

Well I feel well and trully silly now. one moment.

127.0.0.1:7777
How did I even manage that level of fuck up?

You're still doing it. Here:

whatismyip.com/

What's your version?

Ugh now I gotta trek back to the ocean to fish again.

I really gotta learn when to stop with this game.

Everyone post your spooky builds I need inspiration.

how do i make pretty houses

Builder's Mod.

These are a good starting point.

So is this.

They're from a storage mod. I only know because i watch someone play heavily modded terraria

How did you make the water yellow for the toilet?
I don't see one of those water color changers around, and it doesn't look like desert either.

If you lot do PVP between boards, be prepared for mines blowing your shit up. It also destroys buildings.

How thick do the walls need to be? IIRC- they needed to be 2 or more? And doesn't he start to phase through walls during a certain phase?
And do you need to leave your hidey-hole with the stationary tactics- or can the projectiles of the sun weapons go through?

IIRC, you get a magic dropper, which changes the color of water to whatever.

I think I remember this thing, I just never used it.

A single yellow gemspark block hammered into a half block.

A single thickness is fine.
Well certainly some of his attacks do move through blocks but those are tankable with solar or beetle armor. What you are trying to avoid is that fucking super death laser which can nearly one shot you in certain situations.
The Daybreak doesn't go through walls but that's what the doors are for. The Solar Eruption DOES go through blocks and its a thing of beauty. The Terrarian is more powerful then either though but it doesn't cause daybroken, not that's strictly necessary.

meant to quote

The laser is the only attack that's blocked by walls, everything else goes through.

Try to avoid laser at all costs, and prioritize avoiding the big spheres over the little projectiles. Don't run and fly around like a madman in the first phase because he lays down those big spheres all over the place and it'll be harder to return under cover, just wait and try to jump through the gaps between the spheres when they come down. In second phase it may be better to fly around and away from the eyeballs, switch to vortex blaster and chlorophyte bullets if you do.

Always wear the defensive beetle armor if you don't have anything better.

Holla Forums wants to eat Holla Forums and take its influence, despite that not being how anything works.

Thanks.
Hated the Duke Fishron fight for how much I had to move around (crap tier taster has a split-second input lag) so I might cheese it out in my easy world file.
Luckily I was going for a melee build anyway.

Is this user hosting or has he given up? I'm interested in a server.

Spoops.

One of those pumpkins looks like it's trying to blow out the fire.
One of the other's looks like it's blowing something else.

The use of rails in the second one is pure genius, I wish I could make something like that.

Here's my attempt at creating a R'lyeh-like underwater structure.

Additional info: the barely visible bottomless pit at the bottom also acts as my hellevator.

Truffle is cute and that's all that matters.

I have finally stumbled upon the perfect mushroom/jungle grass seed farm after all these years.

Sorry, I've spent the past couple days figuring out a server with
You can always join that server when we're done.

I wouldn't mind a Holla Forums server if it was comfy enough and not a retarded race to the finish nor a no fin allowed locked down server.

Oh, right, we haven't told you guys yet. this is going to be a heavily modded server, including Thorium, Calamity, Spirit, and Tremor. Moon Lord is about a halfway point in the sheer length of gameplay right now.

Also there's Bards and Healer classes now, and EXP and Levels, since this is going to be with /tg/.

Sounds pretty gay, when's the vanilla server coming back?

More like sounds pretty good. If you want a vanilla server nothing is stopping you from putting one up.

My NAT is unfortunately.

We really need to figure out some way of taking advantage of the Free Amazon Server. Sure, the paid options will do whatever you want for $60 a month, but there's gotta be a game that's low-spec enough for the Free version.

Maybe something like a Holla Forums community NetHack server or MUD?

I was thinking along the line of a Halloween themed vanilla server. Just start the game out with several chests full pumpkins and ebon/shade/spookywood and just let everyone do a summoner playthrough.

How about Crystillium, it's a pretty fun biome.

I did take a look at that… make your sales pitch and I'll consider it.

Although consider that we've already got so many biomes that we had to install another mod that lets us set a custom world size even larger than Large just so we're not jamming it all together.

I don't have a pitch, Crystillium just kind of fits well as a side thing to the hallow as far as theme goes, kind of like bee hives or the jungle temple.
But as far as biomes go using large world enabler and custom world gen is probably a good idea even with just tremors and spirit. I have had a couple fresh runs fucked over by spawning either in the reach or sandwiched between the reach and the glacier. Making a double wide or so seemed to help quite a bit, but it's probably just bad luck.

YES. LET IT BE HALLOWEEN.

Extra large and custom worlds mod… I like it. If you can set the spawn somewhere haunted, spoopy, and full of pumpkins, that would be great.

No I mean no grass blocks. The plants grow on dirt.

So when's the server?

Monday.

Wew thats some quality autism.

Oh no I wasn't trying to make a strange plant farm I trying to make a halloween mode pumpkin farm but I gave up a while ago and just planted them manually. What I did do was turn that thing into an automatic jungle grass seed farm. One that is so good that I'm actually able to make green stucco in any meaningful amounts since pretty much ever.

I made a quick "Edge Fortress" for Halloween. Can you believe there wasn't a single Obsidian Table spawned? I'm gonna have to raid other worlds for a fucking table.

Also: I'm not the only sadistic fuck that made a torture chamber for NPC's, right?
On the left I summon a male NPC and two or 20 Skeletons for them to fight. They can usually take down a couple.
Bottom there's the Female Torture pit.
The darts are there for the slow pinching damage and the "huuff" moans.
The lava is for when I want to finish it and summon a new one.
I get hard as fuck doing this.

Also that library up there is desgined to close the doors shut and summon the Medusa when someone steps on the not-very-concealed pressure plates.
Gonna try to spook a friend or two into entering the place.

Spooky isn't the same is edge, user.

I'm thinking of filling up the place completely in carved pumpkins.
Spook isn't the same as edge, alright. But spook + edge is top tier. Spedge or Spoodge, call it wathever you want, but if you're not going full ironical edge on the road to spookyness, you're not going anywhere.

forgot pic

I fucking love the Daedalus Stormbow

Small world?

They say the spiritual path lay on a razor's edge…

So is anyone else hoarding crates for decoration purposes?

Glad I'm not the only one.

So I'm the modded server host. I'm putting it up tomorrow Does anyone have a preference on what time I should start the server?

I get off after 4:10 central time Monday. If there's a link to a download for the version you'll be running I'll be on. Just don't expect me to do anything helpful as I'll likely be planning evil schemes on how to drown the entire world

Things tend to be pretty active around that time.

Also was eveyone being able to breathe underwater part of your plan?
thoriummod.gamepedia.com/Ocean_armor

6:66

I never said I would flood the world in water did I? >>13596098

I was off by one
and so do not have the power to do that.

pic related

Behold! A shitty little pumpkin house.

I find hay and stone goes well with spooky better than pumpkin.

Keep some pumpkin interior stuff but for the walls go with a different material

So it's here for reference,
BOSS PROGRESSION
Anything one the same row is of roughly equivelent strength.
Pre-Hardmode
Hardmode
Post-Moon Lord
Note that this portion of the progression is guess work based on boss HP

I fucked it up
Should be it's own row

No I didn't Starplate Raider is one boss that should be one row

Its actually just a little temporary house on a sky bridge to keep Ponka Party Girl safe from death until I can build some proper Halloweenish structures. I've been collecting materials for several days now and I think I have enough to get started. I hope I've got enough ebonwood.

maybe im building my relationship with the dryad

heavens no! Holla Forums isnt completely full of misbehaving autists who would gladly shit something up for some kind of highschool tier camaraderie.

You're right! 5% of them are just Holla Forums visiting Holla Forums so they can pop a rage-boner before shitposting in their own thread.

Holy shit, all those bosses are new? I should play this game again.

The bosses are in the heavily moded server I'm launching tomorrow, not vanilla, but yeah play with us it'll be fun.

This better actually happen and not just be another cactus man tease.

what mod adds all that?

It's happening 4PM central.

The bosses come from the Thorium, Calamity, Tremor, and spirit mods. The full list is
Mod List
tmodloader will get all these for you, with the exclusion of itself.
tmodloader
Thorium Mod
Tremor Mod Remastered
Calamity Mod
Spirit Mod
Eperience and Classes
Recipe Browser
ArchitectNPC
BuilderPlus
JPAN’s Bag of Holding Mod
Player Team and PVP Icons
HERO’S Mod

What’s different?
Between all of these mods there are:

Look at the base of the stands. The one on the left is a mannequin, the one on the right is a player standing on hammered down platforms. The right stand is rounded at the bottom and has a 1 pixel gap in some spots, while the actual mannequin's stand is only rounded at the top and is flush to the stone at the bottom. This is probably just a new mannequin costume, so it's the exact same thing as the cactus man tease.

The obsidian section might look better with a different wall. Obsidian has so little contrast with itself that it's hard to make out any details clearly.

Never Forget
I still want them to do this. Deserts absolutely still need more love. There aren't even any desert fishing quests and pyramids need to be made into actual dungeons.

Holy shit, that's a lot of mods.

WEW! I want to play this now.

Glad to have you on board.

spirit breaks the other three big mods for me

One question though, how does all that shit fit in one large world? Do you have any screenshots? I would probably enjoy it less if its an incredibly tight fit and there's shit shit fucking everywhere.

I haven't noticed any problems, how does it break them?

world gen gets fucked, it's stuck on something don't exactly remember and never finishes even if i wait for an hour.

Ah, I've already generated the server world no issues there.

i just want to sit around in sp and be comfy

Ideally the large amount of bosses the people here aren't used to fighting should slow things down, but I can't argue against the flooding point.
Can't you just come build a comfy base?

I have to play while i'm at work, i hava had no days off in the last two months
i want to do shit like kill bosses but those require me having to pay attention at all times and i can't afford that
i want to die
maybe i'll drop in to build a house or something, for it to be blown up the next day

That sucks man
HERO'S Mod allows admins to set up zones that I believe can restrict players from modifying and destroying things so I could at least spare your house.

cool, i'll drop in if i have the time then

fair point, the only reason why vanila becomes a race is because there are so many people here have have played the shit out of vanilla, to the point where most of us have memorized the progression system.

gay

I'm hoping the boss variation leads to a good deal of trial and error as we figure out new arena strategys.

Fa/tg/uys seem to like it, and it's not a big deal anyway just throw away the token if you don't want it.

do you need these mods preinstalled or do we just need one mod and the other mods will get loaded while connecting?

also should we have a discord for terriara?

NO

If you get tmodloader it will automatically install the necessary mods when you connect to the server.

I currently lack a mike, anyway.

shit's installed, looking forwards to new mod experience tbh

p-pls?

discord is cancer

so's my dick in your ass but we both know you enjoy it

well what's the alternative
mumble is a broken mess and teamspeak doesn't have any good features like text-to-speech for people who only have one monitor

[citation needed]

It causes severe performance issues/stuttering in several videogames
me included

disable the in-game hud or stop running on a toaster

memble is shit

works on my machine

Did you decide not to go with the Large world enabler then? I could understand not, all that shit must bring it close to the memory limit.

For some reason, when using larger than large worlds, test clients couldn't access the server.

The alternative is game chat and Holla Forums you colossal faggot.

how do I do a full bee/wasp themed playthrough that is effective, mods allowed

you can do bee EZ enough tbh

Guess I'll take a nap or some shit and come back to Moon Lord fun time

Unless I was mistaken and the serbs going up tomorrow 4pm, not today. That's cool too.

Let's see it on Expert.

probably is

It's not, I can tell by no zig-zagging final attacks from the Eye and the general slow speed and low damage from both bosses.

am I the retard

Someone named their mod after that greedy scummy dong?

I know nothing about the drama that surrounds him, but these are some fine Admin tools.

What else would you call an autistic Server Admin Control mod?

That was a hilarious stream.

The more I here about this the more I want to know.

witnessing that live was fantastic

Fair point.

Will buildfags be able to use the build tools in Hero's mod?

Server's up,
Reminder that when you first attempt to connect the game will probably crash at "adding recipes" just try again and it'll go fine.
Boss List and progression here

Mod List and features here

ayyyyyyyyy joining
where is this hosted?

why do you do this

Should probably start a new thread soon.

Initializing all this shit takes forever

fuck

stop being a eurocuck

Everyone knows russia can't goto Holla Forums

i iframed the block

Reported, hope you enjoy cyber brison

How do you even work this crap?

It's entirely possible that's it's time for a new thread.

already is a new thread up