Gothic

Are you guys into this series? How was it?

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B5vH5Y3HltXFTVRnLW1OVHRNcmM/view
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5vH5Y3HltXFemM3ODFybHp6UWs/view
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No. Go away.

1 IS GOAT, ENDING WAS SHIT TOUGH

2 IS GOAT BUT NOT AS MEMORABLE

3 IS ALRIGHT

4 IS FUCKING TRASH

But that's not true.

Yes. Come here.

It's decent enough, but make sure to familiarize yourself with the controls beforehand. The fans kind of ruin it though because of their massive inferiority complex towards morrowind. Try it, but definitely have the control list handy.

it's talked about almost non-stop here

keyboard only is the best way to play 1, at least.

Only the first two games are really worth playing. They're both pretty janky, but if you can look past that you'll experience some of the most finely crafted RPG worlds ever.

It was decent game besides a lot of bugs.
What made it great was the writing and level design being well used to show player progression.
These games made sure you knew you progressed and made sure you wanted to progress. It had a lot of characters that intentionally were dicks to you so later you could beat them. Even not Skyrim way, you had dialog options to simply beat them up.

Gothic 3 didn't had this and therefore was the worst one. Unintentionally you could beat entire cities and most dangerous creatures from level one. It wasn't Skyrim and was much more fun but it still was buggy mess with rushed development.
Gothic 4 doesn't exist. I still haven't beaten Risen but it seems alright.

Only 1 and 2 are worth playing.
Risen 1 is okay too

By the way, if you have gog/steam gothic 2 you can try out this fix patch:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5vH5Y3HltXFTVRnLW1OVHRNcmM/view

Just untick russian language and it will install systempack, player kit and 2.6 patch together with widescreen support.

Same for gothic 1:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5vH5Y3HltXFemM3ODFybHp6UWs/view

Don't play Night of Raven immediately, you will suffer.

Play Gothic 1 and 2 NOTR
Gothic 3 with community patch is okay
Risen 1 is the best Risen and you should play it
I enjoyed Risen 2 and don't know what's so bad about that gaym.
Didn't play Risen 3 but it's better than Risen 3 if you believe people.
Elex (the new PB game that released 2 days ago) is very good in my opinion and im having a blast with it.

meant 2

Am i going to be alright? I just decided to form a backlog similar to your experience.

Concider modding gothic 1+2 graphics wise, it makes them less stable, but much easier to look at. You probably need some sort of compatability patch anyway.
Do not play Gothic 3 without the community patch.
Skip Risen 2 if the combat enrages you too much.

Otherwise enjoy several weeks worth of wasted time. Exploring every nook and cranny of those worlds

i stopped after first risen, risen 2 and 3 were total shit for me.
i have no idea what elex is

You're in for a treat, that game just came out from Piranha Bites.

just play the games

also this:

Is ELEX worth playing? After G3 and G4, I'm skeptical.

Well, so far it feels like its g3 with guns.

Play G1 and 2 with the systempak.

Heh.

apparently some video cards wont use their full capabilities because they consider a it a 2D game or something, there are fixes for other cards but Nvidia ones supposedly dont have this issue, which is weird because this thing has a 940MX, perhaps its that I should replace my drivers with a prior version

I tried turning AA and AF on the control panel kinda like the fixes for AMD cards but the game remains the same, its still playable but its really annoying to deal with this on an old game like this