Why did EA kill this IP with Devil's Cartel when 40th Day was almost pure perfection with coop?

Why did EA kill this IP with Devil's Cartel when 40th Day was almost pure perfection with coop?

Wasn't the original more of a blast with co-op compared to the second? I remember the first having a lot more unlockables and not taking itself as seriously as the second with the wedged in "non-linear" story. Didn't even bother playing the third.

EA is an IP death machine with nigger-tier long term thinking. If they publish a well-crafted game that does well and receives critical acclaim their next move will always be giving that development team a more restrictive set of parameters in regards to dumbing the game down, less budget for development, but probably more for marketing and half the time for the development team to even craft a sequel.

Thankfully this cannot continue for much longer because it seems like they're rapidly running out of studios to cannibalize like this.

Yeah Devil's Cartel really did kill the series. It's like with that one they were determined to see the series dead. It goes and:

A third Army of Two game should have just been Tyson and Rios as your commanders while you (as a customizable character) went around the world doing different merc jobs. Alot less serious and treated as 'This is our job, sometimes it sucks but it pays fuckin well'

Dont forget

But to be fair if Aliced had survived the 40th day whoever made this convoluted story wouldn't have had nothing to go with.

My only experience with 40th Day was the demo that my friend and I played many times.

Online coop soon.

Actually coop only planned, no work done yet. Everyone busy working on demons souls.

There's a suprisingly large amount of emulation work being done these days, just to name a few off the top of my head they are:
Star Wars Galaxies
Gaylo Online
Demon Souls
40th Day
Gaylo 2

That's all I could think of really but I guess it's one pro to the cancer market is that I get to play some games I never could before on the platform I chose

I don't even bother pirating.

With this monstrous effort they could have made whole demons souls from scratch.

it's not a very good game tbh. I played it with a friend and I can barely remember anything other then annoying slow mo sections

TO clarify, SWG is not emulation. It is being reverse developed from an old MMO of the same name.

I remember having a good time playing the first game. One of the few co-cop gems.

and that's why army of two might honestly have my favorite final mission of any game. i don't know if i've ever felt quite so badass in a game, especially in a final mission where we were basically the bad guys and bullied someone until he died

I only played the first but it was great.

Reminder that EA wasted shitloads of shekels on Star Wars and pissed it all away.

Isn't that on PC though?

From a gameplay perspective the third was the best, I remember that I liked the level design, but the tone was too damn serious and there was no way that I could care about the story of a sequel after it. The first and second one broke up the serious tone with high-school level humour but Devil's Cartel felt like it was trying to make me feel bad.

Eldewrito is a forked version of Halo 3 multi-player, but Halo CE and Halo Wars are the only official Halo games on PC.

But Halo 2 was released on the PC. I still remember when they announced it was going to be a Vista/DirectX 11 (or was it 10?) exclusive.

What about a came called
KART EL
And it's kind of like twisted metal capture the flag

tfw beat the 40th day alone

The 40th Day was absolutely amazing.

I have some of my best memories in that game, playing with a mate on the 360 and using a shitty old AK with the soda can silencer.

That was a one in a million game, and to know that EA were behind it is gut wrenching.

Every time I think about this series I ask myself this. 40th day was a great couch co-op game and I think about playing it over again fairly often shame my co-op partner's hands are fucked and probably won't ever play it with me again.

Stories like this always come out when anons who appreciate co-op games done well are discussed. It's been so long since I played the first or second that I can only remember a couple of instances of tough we-can-do-this-if-we-work-together, but only vaguely.

I was super apprehensive of playing these games back when they released just because they were EA products, but I made the mistake of playing late what was one of the only series EA was involved with worth spending time on. At least we can go back and play the good games before the series got ruined. Salem + Rios >>> cuck + beta.

Because they're kikes. Why are you even asking this.

Halo 2 was released for PC. It was a Vista exclusive like Fallout 3 which is why no one talks about it anymore because good fucking luck getting it to run on anything Windows 7 or later. It did have a small modding scene but because of Vista exclusivity in an age of both Windows XP and Windows 7 being supported nobody really bothered.

huh? It's fucking simple to get those games to run on windows 7 unless you're an illiterate child

It's like, $10. Just grab a cheap 360 copy.

But you CAN get Halo 2 and Fallout 3 to run on Win7, you fucking nigger.

Congrats, you just made it painfully apparent that you don't know a fucking thing about computers. I'm amazed you've even gotten this far frankly.

you're allowed to be a little dissapointed that visceral are dead (even though the last good game they made was the first dead space)
but that doesn't justify the reason of heralding similar EA titles as anything above mediocre.
Army of 2 is kaine and lynch levels of 3rd person shooters.

Itstinks

When this is all said and done they'll have about 4 games to milk and none of them are selling well.

Should I pick up 2 copies?

Are there any actual games left that get more complex and technical to play the further into a series it goes? It used to be that the first game was just a commercial proof of concept, and that by the sequel - they'd polished up all the shit that didn't work in the first game mechanically, and then started adding new mechanics.

Yet every new IP that comes out these days seems to strip out or cripple mechanics from their sequels, with gameplay that actually seems to get worse, more simplistic, and less balanced.

I understand that they're streamlining them for the casual market, but a new IP is one of the hardest things to launch. Once you've got a fanbase, and the game has already sold well enough to get a bunch of casuals to give it a try, don't you want to build out from there - rather than just cutting it off at the knees?