Oh this seems interesting, I kind of want a portable console to play all my indie trash

Why do people do this
It's like the want to force me to buy a Vita or a Switch

I just want a simple console that plays all the pixelshit I want to play

Pick one.

I'm not sure what you're implying here

What exactly do you want, OP? An x86-based portable that you can run Windows on? I don't think any of the Intel Atom chipsets have good enough power efficiency for that form factor.

Pretty much yeah.
I did some research to see if I could build one myself without too much hassle, and there's a bunch of raspberry pis that run on x86, but they're very expensive and the rest of the specs just suck really bad.

Unfortunately my hardware knowledge stops at building a pc, so I can't get into more complex shit than that.

It's a Game Boy. Who cares?

Why not give it a shot? Even if you fail you'll learn something along the way. Get

then

finally, the hard part

This is all within your grasp, with no real programming or electrical engineer skills needed. Apart from choosing parts and designing the enclosure it's a glorified case mod. Ben Heck has been making portable versions of game consoles this way for at least a decade, check his blogs and videos out for inspiration.

Ouya 2.0

Get a vita, or get a GDP windows.

You'll be fine with emulating up to N64.

Not even PC gamers can emulate PS2 today.

KEK

Vita or 3DS. Both have their own emulation options and indieshit, which you should go for depends what you specifically want.

Videogames

Vita has PC indie shit tho. Darkest Dungeon, Skullgirls, Salt and Sanctuary, Hotline Miami and some others. Also PS1 and PSP emulation. I don't really think 3DS has that good of a good library of indies.

4 hour battery? Fuck that entirely for one thing.

How do you replace the battery though?

You might just be retarded, OP.

GDP Win

Same way you replace any non standard battery?
Build a rig for it that can regulate the voltage of a better battery.

They've each got their pros and cons. Vita does PSP and some PS1, 3DS does DS and most GBA. The actual game library matters too, 3DS has a much better balance. Also crucial is that some Vita indieshit (Shantae HGH, CotN later updates, Undertale, Salt & Sanctuary) requires 3.61+ which is mutually exclusive to running a hacked system.

Oh and bonus, if you're willing to put up with low rendering resolution Which isn't as big of a deal on a screen that small
GPD win can play a shit ton at like 480

Isn't windows working on to get x86 emulation on arm chips?

Iirc yes, but intel may or may not be happy with that development and throw a few lawyers against it.

x86 is awful for handhelds, it runs too hot and sucks too much power. And Windows is awful for handhelds, because most programs are just not designed for tiny touch screens.

GDP win is a mini laptop, not a portable console.
It's costs a lot because it does a lot of things I just don't need. I literally just want a mini windows or Linux console, that's it.

Linux suffices.

Pretty sad for a poor man's gameboy.

This is the patrician's poor man's gameboy. It can do Doom, too.