Fans Want New SEGA Console. Name: The Spartan

archive.is/7Whn6
hooktube.com/watch?t=32s&v=IS5yolF9F-E
>Make website with petition
It's coming to be an almost entertaining impending disaster. I already know what I think, what I want to know is what you think about it. I'm hoping SEGA outright rejects, they just aren't ready to get back into it, especially with demand being so dammed small. The specs are alright, but it screams "GIMMICKS"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IS5yolF9F-E
hooktube.com/watch?v=ZA89I5fihhM
shenmue500k.co.uk/rumor-before-christmas-connection-between-zach-morris-zero-edge-console-board/
archive.is/7Whn6
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=IS5yolF9F-E

If they come out with a full fledged console I will buy it no matter what.

Nope

Well consoles have neither modding nor denuvo so you have nothing to worry about.

Begging a company that has never made a good console and wisely decided to never make a console again, to make a new console.

Millennials.

PPFFFFFFTTTAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHA

Bitch
Are you serious? Did you not own a dreamcast back in the day?

Who gives a fuck? Didn't they do this shit last year too asking for a Dreamcast 2? SEGA is going to say a hard no, end of story. Why does this need a thread? By the way I'm a Segafag with a Dreamcast and everything so it's not that I dislike Sega, it's that I know this is a terrible business idea for them and that they won't do it so it's just basically fucking clickbait… And god damn it I put up with enough clickbait outside of Holla Forums I don't need it on here to OP you fucking quadruple nigger.

I'd buy a Sega console if it had access to every one of their systems.

Logo looks like the gamecube

Even when it looks like this and will be yet another console that's just a desktop PC in a box?

Having had this argument half a million times on this board, his argument will come down to "You lost to the PS2, nigga, suck my DVD player."

And then will involve arguments like the ps2 having a better library even though it got to carry on for a few more years after the DC's death, making this argument irrelevant.

I just wonder if Sega is even in a financial position to jump on something like this. They might be if they're doing things like acquiring atlus and actually advertising their shit.

I still remember that massive poll they put out awhile back. I bet they started taking some of our advice whatever it was.

Not exactly. I got mine second hand from a guy that wanted money to buy an XBOX.

Hooktube has been confirmed for being another datamining website?

Note: This is the actual project trailer from the project's YouTube page, as opposed to the ugly autistic faggot talking over screenshots of webpages that OP linked for some reason:

hooktube.com/watch?v=ZA89I5fihhM

Fixed it

t. Nintencuck

Its bait

NINTENDONT

Here, take this.

But I had a Genesis, Game Gear and Dreamcast (still have the DC). DC is the only interesting one, and that's only if you're interested in arcade ports.

You know I would like a game console from someone that is actually a video game console and not a gimped PC that's a social media machine.
Or failing that a home computer.

Oh boy.

As opposed to Steam?

youtub-dl

steam might be bad but it isn't forcing games to be exclusive to it, yet

Are you retarded?

I don't see why they would want to make another console, especially when employees wanted to just the company to drop the Saturn even during development and have Microsoft buyout the company so that they could focus on making games.

Doesn't Denuvo lock games behind whichever store you brought them from?

If SEGA has any smarts it will not get into the console business again, and focus only on making good multiplats and multiplats ports. If it wants to dabble in open sores make it compatible with loonix steam and call it a fucking day.

99.999% chance they won't, but that's a nice pic. I always liked painterly styles.

Needs Youmou feeding her tbh.

It's like you don't want to save the gaming industry.

Owning the consoles doesn't make up for your bait-tier shitpost, fuck off

You need to end your life as soon as you possibly can

Actually, growing up with the Genesis, SNES, GBC, GG, PS1, PS2, DC, and Xbox would put me in an ideal position to compare the consoles. Just because you were poorscum and have no frame of reference doesn't make what I'm saying bait, friendo.

Why?

lol

What do we gain at this point by spreading the already small pool of good games thinner? Wouldn't you rather just own one box that plays everything that matters?

Did you flatten out your warped Switch yet? The only game that will ever be worth playing on it comes out soon!

They just don't understand how it works, do they?
Someone post stronk OTON X Tan

It isn't FORCING exclusivity, but now Steam is pretty much the only option to get decent sales on PC gaming, so it's already there.

no you commie faggot i want competition

PC hardware manufacturers compete against each other. Game developers compete against each other.

PC ports are fucking trash 99% of the time. Not to mention you pay full price for the same game, but you don't even get a physical copy AND you get DRM that's more likely to get patched than the buggy mess of the game itself.
I'd love to ditch consoles but no one bothers to unfuck PC releases anymore.

Even so, what does introducing yet more consoles to the market add?

AMD, Nvidia, and Intel have been stagnant for years and all three of them got into the data mining craze. Devs have been locked into a race to the bottom for a decade now.

Potential for more competition and innovation, which the industry is in dire need of.

Now is the time not to go into consoles. Just make more good vidya. Diversify the type of games you make and make sure they are fun without denuvo. Would make more more money then forcing yourself into market space that is already crowded.

It's not like that decade old console tech is keeping anyone on their toes.

Nice buzzwords. Innovation should be in the form of interesting new games, not flooding the market with redundant hardware.

""""""""""""compete""""""""""""
nigger the PC is the worst place to compete. Nvidia is charging $1000 for mid range GPUs. Do you not know what the fuck is going on there?

Nice user
Btw I grew up with the SNES, N64, Gamecube, 360, PC, GBA and own a DS and 3DS so I can safely say that every console is shit and anyone who disagrees with me is a probable poorfag btw

How is the market "flooded"? You have Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft floundering with the most mediocre consoles of any generation since the early 80s crash.
If anything you sound like a poorfag that's afraid of having to buy a new console if it had great games.

Oh, I had an N64 as well. Still have it, but the analog sticks on both controllers are non-functional.
You never owned multiple competing consoles in a given generation, and thus have no frame of reference.

apart from the SNES and GBA you owned every loser of every generation, amazing frame of reference.

?

It's not flooded now, but why flood it?
I'd rather not waste money unneccessarily. Yeah, Sega could release a console that had great games, but they could also release those same great games on existing platforms, and the games likely wouldn't hurt for it. I don't understand the desire to buy more things just to retain what you already have, unless you have some kind of sentimental attachment to the idea of Sega having a console on the market like when you were a kid.

This doesn't even include the OS bullshit either, and Micro$oft working with Intel and locking their newest processors (Which double as surveillance tech for them) behind Windows 10 (perhaps the biggest botnet ever to come out, ever)

Nigger the whole point is to innovate on the hardware, with a single "universal" platform it becomes absurd to innovate for, now fuck off

What, do you think a single world government will work well too? How's about a regional monopoly for your cable, phone and internet too?
You're a goddamn idiot who needs to be wiped out.

Eh, the PS4 and the Switch do look interesting and the former does have a decent library of exclusives.
And some other ones I forget

You never put forth any evidence or anything of substance in any of your posts so your posts aren't worth reading tbh. I'm probably going to filter you after this post as you have not posted a single example of what makes a console "good", a single example of *why* the consoles are bad, or anything of the sort. You just say you're qualified to judge them because you owned the consoles and therefore what you say is an objective truth

You're a retard who didn't get the point of the fucking post, please kys

4k TVs aren't popular enough yet. If someone has a good 4k monitor it's probably attached to a PC that can run games at 4k. Targeting 4k means you're driving up the price of your console for the sake of power most people won't care about.
Won't that run out faster with 4k textures?
Sounds kinda neat. The youtuber you linked doesn't seem to like open source, but I think an open source console could work.
Is that enough for 4k textures?

From their FAQ:
Better than the Seedi already.
That's nice at least.
Here in Bongland that's between £340 ($450) and £450($600). For comparison, a used PS4 slim is £140($185). In the best case scenario you're paying twice as much as the current entry price for a current-gen console.

So who is it marketed towards? People buy the PS4 because they had a PS3. People buy the X1 because they had a 360. Both groups want to stay in their ecosystems because that's where all their achievements and friends are. If you bought your kid one he'd have a shit fit because all the cool kids at school have a PS4/X1. Nintendo gets away with it by having a reputation for making kids games and for actually having some presence, but if you take a normalfag and ask them to name some Sega exclusives they'll stop after Sonic.
They could get away with making a smaller handheld stuffed with Master System and Mega Drive games, like a portable NES classic with more games. At least then they could cash in on the novelty, or use it to test the waters for a proper console. Jumping straight in with this won't work.

Modern consoles are just bad PCs though. There is no innovation, except maybe with Nintendo.

I've got bad news for you, my sonygger friend.

I'm well aware, I consider it a good thing that its being ported to PC
We still have to see if its a good port or not.
I don't own many Sony products user, and I'm far from a sonygger as I'm well aware of their sliminess.

That's the whole point of wanting more consoles to compete user. We could see more innovation on the hardware front to begin with if we had more console manufacturers willing to take risks and push the envelope. What don't you see about that?
Sony and Microsoft are shit at this.

Thanks satan.

Hey, if they released something that did shit you couldn't see on even the best gaming PC, I'd be down with that. What are the chances though? It'd likely be maybe slightly better than the PS4.

Tecmo does not put out the best of PC ports which appears to be the case with Ni-Oh and its Shadow of War tier filesize. Do you think FitGirl could possibly shrink it down to a quarter of its size, or so?

Checked

I would wager most of the size is from the uncompressed audio (48khz .wave files). Compressing a massive 48khz .wav to a 320kb/s .mp3 would cut the file size by about 85% and would be indistinguishable for anyone but an audiophile. Just a conservative guess, I wouldn't be surprised if this gets repacked under 50gb, possibly well under 50gb.

That's the main problem, and its understandable to be skeptical about it.
That's more up to the creative heads of these companies to figure out. I don't have too much hope myself for this sort of thing as locking exclusives behind your platform is holding unto a thread that will eventually collapse. The best way to innovate is to make your console more than just PC with the way it functions and how its marketed.
One part of the market that's been neglected and is being cut off from good games is the co-op and splitscreen market. I want to find something that I can play with or against my friends on the couch with. Just plopping a disc in and having a good time. A console created to market towards that demographic I feel, could be pretty darn successful. PCs feel rather clunky when it comes to setting up anything in co-op, and practically impossible to splitscreen or find any games to splitscreen with in the first place anymore
But that's just *one* demographic they could tap into. This isn't even including possible technical innovations. It'd probably just be a gimmick at the end of the day, but it does give a console a uniqueness that a PC can't easily match.
The DS's touch screen is an example of this, and to this day a PC feels awkward to emulate most handhelds on for a lot of people.
But more innovation and new ideas comes from more players in the market to begin with. The less players you have, the more stagnant and lazy the market becomes. Microsoft and Sony are probably pissing themselves, and Nintendo's laughing to the bank in terms of the handheld market and soon the console market.
This was a long, rambling post but I just hope some major player comes up with something amazing. Sega has a history of creating consoles and currently they are, compared to the big 3, listening more to the fans than ever before, it seems like they'd have the highest chance to make something new, if not amazing. But I'd be fine with just more consoles in general, preferably from reputable companies.
Imagine if Atlus or Falcom made a console or handheld; it'd probably be fukken' amazing (assuming they have any hardware know-how, which I assume they don't so it'd be riskier for them to try)

Sounds like an "consumer-protection" measure against those nasty pirates
kek

Most "SEGA fans" have moved on. We know SEGA is run by the Yakuza, we know they have no interest whatsoever to return to being a console manufacturer when being a third party developer has been very profitable. If U.K resistance got the memo and closed up shop anyone else with any sense can see this.

What are you, gay?

ded?

Can't be any worse than consoles now a days. Sega just had to wait them out while each other company went full kike. Let them, rivalry creates amazing games.

What the fuck is the point?

I mean, look, I was a huge Sega-gag and would love to have a new console by them too - but those proposals are just budget PCs in a locked down box - just like every other console this gen (except for Switch, which is just a faggy "gaming tablet").

If Sega were going to create a new console, the only way they could distinguish it for any kind of an advantage would be to use their own unique hardware based on their arcade boards… and I don't even think they develop their own arcade boards anymore. That's all just PCs with really expensive peripherals built in. Not to mention that with development budgets being so fucking bloated, that anything that's NOT on x86 architecture or ARM or some other standard is going to be totally ignored.

Maybe if they made a retro-console and developed NEW games for it, that'd be one thing… but who would actually buy something like that except for turbo autists/enthusiasts? The only way they could make money on new 8/16/32bit games would be to make them available for the current crop of home consoles as side-cart games. Having to have a whole separate hardware unit just for that shit would be a deathblow.

I didn't say it was a good innovation.

It is, actually.

They're called "north koreans"

they shouldnt call it anything but the dreamcast 2
give it that surreal feeling that the dreamcast had

Retards can virtue signal their corporate fandom.

I thought they were South.

hahaha

JUST LEARN INDIASCRIPT AND MOD IT BRO

pls dont be upset upvote chan

Jesus fucking christ, it's those fucking "Project Dream" idiots who are involved with the project.

It's just fanboys who are wanting to see a new "Sega system" with their "proposal", which was nonsense and bullshit.

Bertie Wiseman, who was a site administrator thought most of the ideas was bullshit and thought Sega should just concentrate on PC ports and remakes (which is a lot more realistic and attainable). He had to deal with idiots on the team, then along came MrSega/tornado1994 (real name Patrick Lawson).

Patrick Lawson, is known for causing a ton of trouble at the sega-16 forums and even the official Sega forums (and getting banned). As usual, he tried to take over the project by spreading lies saying he was a "business expert" and a "key member" of the project. He spread all of the Dreamcast 2 rumors that got onto gaming websites in December of 2015 through an interview with an unknown website run by an idiot. That site was thegg(dot)net, run by Robin Ek, who misspelled Lawson's name as Lawsen, even though Patrick Lawson was posting comments under his real name on the comments section.

Patrick Lawson just continue to spread lies and caused fighting within the Project Dream team and it pretty much died, with Patrick Lawson going on YouTube and attacking people who called the project unrealistic and bullshit. Even attacking the comments section of PattheNESPunk (and pissing him off), when he talked about the project.

Since this Project Spartan is former Project Dream people, I'm certain Patrick Lawson is involved somehow, cause he kept screaming about how the Dreamcast 2 will have an Intel processor and an nVidia graphics card.

Lawson (pictures related) is a nutjob and a dumb nigger.

Here is Pat the NES Punk talking about Lawson. It's very early on the video. He calls him "tornado something or other."

SEGA has no money to reenter the console market.

I forgot this really important piece of information. This is Bertie Wiseman's experience on the whole Dreamcast 2 ordeal.

shenmue500k.co.uk/rumor-before-christmas-connection-between-zach-morris-zero-edge-console-board/

They wouldn't want too even if they did have the money, SEGAs departure from the console race had more to do with corporate bureaucracy than money. The average SEGA fanboy probably thinks SEGA was actually founded in Japan by actual Japs (instead of reality where they were founded by Jews in Hawaii) and they probably think SEGA has always been an independent company (which they haven't been since the 1970s)

The cynical reality is that SEGA is NOT a console maker, they are a media company run like any other western media company under some large conglomerate who dabbled in console making briefly in the 80s to late 90s. Yes the Japs have them taken over now, but you can't just escape that kind of corporate culture.

The fucking console fanboys always forget this one thing: The market is oversaturated with 3 consoles, why would anyone want to buy a Sega console, other than the old nostalgia fanboys, who are a small, minor consumer base? Sega would get killed in the console market. Something the fanboys (especially Patrick Lawson) ignores. For those people who grew up in the 1990's, they forgot about how oversaturated the market was in the 90's. Sega Genesis (and the add ons), SNES, Atari Jaguar, Phillips CD-i, Panasonic 3DO, TurboGrafix 16, Neo Geo. That doesn't even include the handhelds. Atari, Phillips, and Panasonic got fucked. Neo Geo got a small hardcore fanbase and the TurboGrafix/PC Engine was only really profitable in Japan.

The other thing: Do you really want their name to be dragged through the mud with how horrible this generation of consoles are? Why would they want to enter the console business, when the whole industry seems to be shooting itself in the foot everyday? Examples: PSN being hacked so easily, Microsoft's "online only" fuck up, "upgraded consoles" with the XBox One X and PS4 Pro, Denuvo in games (which Sega has done themselves), going overboard with loot boxes, etc.

That seems kinda like the best time to join, user. if you assume your company's going to fail though, it is indeed pointless. And its also pointless if they fail to offer anything new console-wise, in which case they'd deserve to fail. Them putting in Denuvo does make me lack faith in them performing well though, but I'd still want more competition in general. I don't consider 3 consoles to be oversaturation, especially when 1 is flopping on a grand scale, one is doing moderately well, and one is performing modestly at best
Their best chance would be in the handheld market tbh, much easier to innovate with, and much more room and ability and less competition to work with as well (though its one HUGE competitor though).

I wish Sega was a better company in general. I like them more than these shitstains, but if they just plugged their fucking gaps and listened to their damn fanbase more like they've been doing on certain fronts, they could do remarkably well in the market.

They probably won't though, and

is most likely right.

How the fuck do they expect this to work?

I'm not saying it can't work but damn the battle in front of it is SO uphill that it's almost a fucking wall.

Read >>13595062

It's just retarded nigger fanboys at work.

If SEGA wants to get back into hardware then they need a closed source Switch competitor. I see a PS4 tablet console before a new SEGA system.

The industry should crash and burn first, so they can have a clean slate. Or revive arcades.

>archive.is/7Whn6
Uh… What?

lol, only the dumbest of the dumbs are even buying this crap anymore

They didn't forget, most of that shit was either straight up ignored because it wasn't snes or genesis, or so far beyond what a regular person could afford that it got pushed into the background almost immediate anyway.

Keith Courage pretty much killed the turbo grafx before it began, Atari couldn't actually make games worth a fuck, 3D0 was too expensive for ANYONE but the richest of rich kids to really bother with, and the CD-i wasn't even a games console at first, it's just games were the only thing on the fucker to sell in any capacity, and Neo Geo, far as i can tell, was always suppose to be a niche thing for hardcore fans of the arcade games

Yeah, the Neo-Geo wasn't supposed to compete with the SNES/Genesis. The Neo-Geo was a tier above, and it was priced accordingly. I remember it being STUPID expensive, so I never got one, even though it looked amazing.

Still, that was a clever move, and I think the only way that someone could penetrate the console market today - by finding an unoccupied niche. Neo-Geo succeeded because they targeted people who didn't want to just settle for mere console games, but be able to literally bring the arcade games home. And it was priced accordingly, turning it into a big-ticket item that was in an entirely different category from Sega and Nintendo. No competition.

Anyone trying to break into the crowded market today will have to either come in at a shockingly different price point - the Ouya had the right idea, if only they hadn't screwed it up so badly - or include a gimmick that is drastically different from the other systems to define themselves.

Nintendo kind of did this with the Wii, making it half the price of the other systems and selling it on the waggle. If Sega wants to break back into the market, they'll have to do something incredibly disruptive.

I forsee a $1000, full immersion VR-based console where the "controller" is a full-body fursuit you have to put on. Sonic Yiff is the pack-in title. Deviantart will eat it up.

Microtransactions on mobile via pay to play more models seem to be arcade's replacement. As for industry crash that really depends on if we finally reach the input device dead end. Yes "graffix" tech is hitting dimenishing returns. However I think gaming's evolution will eventually move on to the evolution of intuitive inputs. Switch's joycons and pro controller still have Motion Plus from the Wii. And eventually once graphics crap out devs will use that processing power for other things.

Why would this be any better than Steam Greenlight, Desire, or itch? Most game devs these days are cancer. The PC is as close to an open source gaming machine as you can get, and look at how good its games are.

Yeah, I saw that too.

Hasn't AMD started kicking all their competitions teeth out?

Isn't Intel in the arson game these days?

Archive breaks their weird ticker thing.
4GB Nvidia card, 1TB storage and 16GB RAM

On paper, yes AMD is beating the shit out of everyone. In reality their new CPUs are so broken they've had to start offering free replacements to everyone who bought one, which hasn't happened since Intel fucked up the Pentium 22 years ago.
Even then, it's still better than Intel and their $13000 meme CPU

Are they really? Shame, at least I'm not getting one yet so they can sort it out. Was really interested in the Ryzen CPUs because they work well for both gaming and workstation purposes. As someone who's going into a career of game development, this appeals to me greatly.

Maybe it's a callback to the Master System. :^)

>Sega's ultimate console: the Shadow

What's the fucking difference? The only reason people want a new sega console is they miss sega games. What about

JUST MAKE THE FUCKING GAMES PEOPLE MISS AND PUT THEM ON ALREADY AVAILABLE CONSOLES!?

Sega's unwilling to invest any reasonable resources into resurrecting popular IP's, no way in hell they'd be dumb enough to drop major dough on a new box, right? Especially in a market this saturated.

I want more consoles in general in the market because the current ones fucking suck and some good competition is needed

A console, or any hardware is only as good as it's software or games. Having a new console will not automatically bring good games, or reverse the cancerous practices that plagues current day video games industry.
Yeah that's very doubtful tbh. No one wants to be a pioneer right now and no one is looking back at why or how some older consoles became successful.
actually has an interesting point with VR jokes aside.
But even VR is still dicey and it's not the first timeit was touted to be "The Next Big Thing for real this time".

I just use youtube-dl, and have a script that automatically plays the file once its done downloading.

Exactly. A new console isn't a magic bullet that's going to guarantee good games. Consoles are only needed to improve graphical fidelity and performance. We have consoles capable of performing decently enough. What we lack is games. Comix Zone, Shining Force, Phantasy Star, Streets of Rage, Beyond Oasis, Road Rash, Skitchin'. Just bring back the fucking games.

Why?

I thought the title was fans want SEGA want to make new Spartan: Total Warrior.

I hope Segata punches you in the ballsac.

SEGA is so dead it's not even living anymore. Arcades are dead, the Japanese don't care about video games anymore. They have nobody to work on games. AM teams are all dead. They exist to publish other people's work on Steam or iphone.

Dreamcast had a few nice ideas in spite of being shit overall

Segata was the only good thing about the Saturn.

What the fuck are you on about, there's a new Yakuza title launching every year, Sega aren't dead.

Fuck off

That might have been true before this generation. Cellphone and two PCs. WEW

Even so, you need designers to make a compact, good-looking case the components fit into with proper airflow, or else you end up with a big square piece of shit with tons of wasted volume like the Xbone. And you need partnerships with developers to actually have a launch lineup of games so people will fucking want your console. Partnerships with accessory manufacturers. You need all kinds of FCC testing to prove your piece of shit doesn't cause interference with other nearby devices or give people brain cancer by looking at it, because you're marketing it as its own device instead of a pre-built PC from already tested components.

These people are delusional retards.

remove yourselves from the gene pool

What was good about Sega's console hardware?

the genesis was much faster than the snes.
the saturn was an absolute beast at 2d games, never mind that it was released at a point when 2d games were on the way out
the dreamcast was a solid 3d console that looked on par with a entry to midrange pc with 3d card at the time, at a fraction of the cost.

How fitting, we all know only 300 would sell.

wew lad

Nah I've made it much more appealing