Rune Factory Thread

So I'm playing through 3 again, this time determined to actually finish it by getting married - the problem is deciding who to get hitched with since the MILFs aren't eligible.

Totally not an attempt to get people to repost those old MS Paint comics people made about 3

Other urls found in this thread:

volafile.org/get/lZg-QEH4TAl_/shared_font.zip
volafile.org/get/lZsauDQq9oCb/Rune Factory 4 USA Decrypted.rar
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is the only genuine flaw with the Rune Factory games. They create some of the best MILFs in all of gaming, but don't let you marry them.

Preaching to the choir at a painful level

I wonder what Pia's eggs smell like haha

the what now?

Rune Factory 2's Swordmom is GOATMILF.

A bunch of stuff running with the silliness of the game that people made. The one I remember most is of the tutorial bit where it has the player going through each of the weapon choices slowly while Shia gets mauled, and then ends with the Hard Mode activating when he answers that the tutorial fight was easy.

Tanya makes me want to get my hands on the Rune Factory devs and wring some fucking sense into them. At least there was ONE marriageable cake in that game.

Never played any of these games before. Where do I begin?

Who is best girl and why is it Anette?

3 or Frontier

I'll leave it to others to answer that question, but I will say I played (the? One of the?) Rune Factory on NDS a long time ago and it was incredibly addictive.
I think you'll enjoy it.

My experience is that it's hard to go backwards with this series because of just how much better they make the interface each time. I personally started with 3, and can't go back to 1 or 2, and after playing 4 it's very hard to go back to 3 despite my waifu being in it

One of the few dating sim RPGs where almost every girl in every series is likable.

also, anyone notice how the protag becomes more and more of a trap from 1-3? 4 kinda dials it back once they bring in an actual female protag.

Mein nigra.

I only played RF4, got to around 360 hours before shelving it. I finished basically everything except giving myself OP armor and doing NG+.

Is it the pinnacle? I heard 3 has better waifus but takes a step back in mechanics.

If you're a real man you'll put up with the outdated mechanics for the sake of your waifu.
The past games aren't as outdated as people make them out to be, but they'll still take some adjusting if you're used to 4.

Frontier is pretty much flat unplayable without cheats to effectively delete the Runey system. Jesus fuck I hope the person responsible for that mechanic was deleted from the industry.

I don't know man. I started with RF2 and the game is so awful I can't bear to play through it. not even for her
Honestly, I just wish they didn't design all the MCs to look like gays after RF2. One of my few complaints with the series as a whole.

Not even best girl in her own game top tier though
Carmen is GOAT.

I mean, I'm doing it now, so you're not wrong, but it's tough when your waifu isn't even romanceable.

Just got Rune Factory 4.
Which is the best bachlorette?

Also Clorica.

Xiao Pai's mom.

Dolce. She starts out kind of shit but she's the only eligible bachelorette out of the gang that actually offers character development and continues to grow even after marriage.
Though Xiao Pai and Lin Da are cute too.

Thank fuck 4 lets you swap your character palette. so you can play yuri mode

/agdg/ here

im planning to make a harvest moon/rune factory clone with heavy emphasis on comfy; i essentially want to make a playable slice of life anime

apart from cute waifus and comfy music/art, is there anything i can do to the core HM/RF gameplay to make it comfier?
miscellaneous suggestions also appreciated

give players something to do that isn't just farming it helps break up the monotony, and make the farming slightly autism with having to rotate land for crops, but not too autistic.

The main thing that's bothering me is how low the storage space is, but I'm a packrat and also really into crafting mechanics. On which note, being able to cook multiple dishes or make multiple items at once would be awesome.

That's pretty much Rune Factory already.

Children. Make more content for post marriage. Teach your kids, have them follow you around and watch you work even if they can't do much else, when they get older, have them act as harvest sprites that you can have permanently follow you.

But also more non farming related activities. Take your family to the town restaurant. Introduce your children to the other locals, encourage the kid's growth based on your activities and playtime together.

Don't include any girls you cannot romance.

You also need lots of terrible puns

Amber

If you manage to do away with time limits, you'll be my hero.
Rune factory 3 wasn't comfy at all to me because I had to rush around like a speedrunner in order to do all my shit before bedtime every single day.

Either that or you burnt out all your RP within the first two hours

Make it so you can be a rug-munching dyke

ching chong nip nong to you too user

You could use consumables to recover RP though, that was kinda fun, another use to the items you farm and craft.

Granted, and eating was something you wanted to do to level up the eating skill anyway, but it still happened a lot, especially if you wanted to cast spells to level up the element skills.

I'm surprised they actually kept that joke in

MILFS

best girl
already replayed rf3 6 times for her
i prefer the way they set up the request in rf3 compared to rf4. progressing through character specific requests is much fulfilling than harvest x amount of shit or deliver x to y.

My game will outcomfy yours, and will do so with deep mechanics

Oh boy you will enjoy my game

I will start making character models next month, after the main character i will model a cute clumsy and timid succubus Christmas cake, the second girl will be a foxgirl milf (ears/tail only, no furry)
you will be able to marry them

cool, also dont forget the obligatory brown girl, they can be milf or not.

What about the time?

The day will be very long, the game will be balanced arround the stamina bar instead of the clock, you will be able to take naps under trees to speed up time and recover a sliver of stamina

I love all flavors of chocolate

dude thats comfy

isnt that from death buy lemonade

Thats the plan, im currently finishing the vertical slice/ demo, then i will move to the actual game

>(((milf)))
You heathens disgust me.

kek

That does sound wonderful, I would limit the amount of times you can rest in a day though.

Lots of Dialogue so that every thing doesn't feel the same after a talks with your waifu or friends after a few talks

user those ideas and your taste in waifus are absolutely Diamond

There are a lot of sugestions people can give you, but I think one that nobody ever mentions is to make relationships less shallow.
Relationships in HM\RF advance primarly with gifts you force-feed unto people every single day (and you don't give more than one because it doesn't do anything, if it did you'd marry girls day fucking uno)

This makes some sense since the gameplay is about producing items and using them later for profit, food, equipment or gifts, but it makes for a very linear and samey gameplay, especially since once you figure a girl's gift, you literally farm her affection.
Case in point, RF3 has Raven liking crystals, so you can get quite a lot of them going around the forest and in a single day you have enough gifts for a week or more. (Plus Gaius is happy with Scrap you'll get as well) so her love for you becomes a matter of time.

Instead, what you could do is give the player a lot of different things and variables you can work towards and make those affect how people perceive you, different people putting different weights on what you do and thus you'd need to do different things to earn their friendship\affection.

For instance, the girl that sells flowers\vegetables\seeds likes plants very much. The more "green" your farm is, the more friendship points you get everyday when you talk with her.
The ranch girl likes animals a lot, so you impress her by showing her all the happy livestock you have, winning competitions with animals and riding horses around.
The mayor in town values hardwork, so the more you ship and the better your stats develop, the more impressed he is with you.
You can even a gold differ that digs you the more gold you have.

Gifts merely change the outlook some character has on you favorably, so talking with them yields better results, instead of being a flat bonus. However, gifts have a cooldown so you can't spam them and to keep the character's attention, you'd need to do other stuff, like doing chores for them, going on dates, etc. Simply chatting up reduces the rate at which their favour drops.

If your game has skills for a lot of stuff, use that as well. Count it as knowledge about specific topics and talking with anyone can be generic chit-chat for a regular conversation or you can pick a topic and, depending on how proeficient you are in it, you'll impress the person you are talking with.

Also, make it so the town changes around based on what everyone does, not just you. Every villager, especially the girls, should have goals and objectives they strive for and you can help out if you want to, earning the benefits of whatever they get done as well as friendship with them.
Like cleaning the woods, planting flowers somewhere, taming a wild animal, re-building a damn or a broken house that a storm crashed, find a lost item, help someone that's going through an harsh moment, etc.
Dynamic oportunities that make the town feel alive and work better than generic radiant quests.

You'd do this and instead of a game full of shallow basic bitches that crave the D based on how much of X stuff you've given them, you instead get a game where your waifu just wants to see you improve and become the man she knows you can be.

Just like real life

only time will tell.

how much of a bad idea is reaching a point in the game were everything is taking care by itself? and you just swim in profits

I would say I'm against having this be a thing outside of scripted events simply because it becomes more tedious than anything to maintain everyone's affection.

I probably should have explained this a bit better then.

The idea is that you have Friendship Points with everyone, as in every other game, and this is what determines how much someone likes you. A value that goes 0-10000, for instance.
But on top of that, you have Favour with everyone too, an invisible number that you get to know from how people talk to you and it's a small value, -5 to +10 for instance. Everytime you interact with someone for some Friendship points, it's your Favour with them that's added (or subtracted) instead of a flat bonus everytime you do it.

Giving gifts, completing chores for them or doing something they like in specific or talking about topics they like helps to increase Favour.
Doing something they really dislike, giving them bad gifts or talking about things they don't like lowers Favour instead.
Whenever you actually interact with them, Favour is then used to modify your Friendship so it's a culmination of factors based on that person's personality that you have to work towards.

Favour could drop strictly to 0 instead of negative values, those would only happen if you did bad stuff like having an elf girl seeing you chopping wood for instance. And even then, merely talking with someone should be enough to prevent it from dropping for a day.
However, it could also be a requisite to actually increase relationship past a certain point to at least have a certain amount of Favour with them.

For instance, talking with someone with whom you have 3/10 Hearts works normally, the more Favour the faster it rises. But talking with someone with 5/10 Hearts would need that you have at least +5 Favour to actually make a change in friendship. This way, not only you wouldn't be able to easily harem the shit out of your world simply by giving the time of day to every women, you'd actually have to put quite the effort into becoming good buddies or even lovers with someone, the effort directly correlating with how far you want to go in that relationship.

Way to makes it good Rune Factory clone is good characters. Stardew failed it horribly. Either learn how to write or install some advanced chatbot in them. They need to be good and have shit tone of lines to make them good and all of them need to be well writen. No "you cannot plant in winter, you should go to mine" bullshit I encountered in Stardew.
Also one way to make them good is listening to these anons:

Other than that add better combat than Stardew Valley.
Also make sure setting is some low fantasy instead of modern day because you cannot have all absurd mechanics and characters RF has without it and still make sense, just look at Stardew Valley.

Generally just besides playing all RF and Harvest Moon games and maybe other resource management ones just go play Stardew and just don't do anything it did.
Maybe besides sprinklers. Automation is fun for me but it is designer decision on how much he likes factorio.

Stardew failed on many many levels. It tried to introduce an antagonistic force, and horribly implemented combat, your base move speed was very low for the amount of space you have to cover in a given day, and even then you hit a rut about 7 in game days into the game. It didn't have anything to motivate you to continue playing, the characters were boring, and it comes off exactly like what it is. A fan game.

Story of Seasons:Trio of towns had roughly the same issue however it continued to introduce people through it's first couple months to try to keep you interested. It was an annoying game but that's mainly because somehow the MC is perfect at everything he ever does. It had one feature that I enjoyed a lot though and that was the "quick chat" that you could do, where you just walked by someone hit R and it counted as talking to them for the day.

Also, whatever you guys do, try to not make the player feel guilty for not picking any particular waifu. I'm currently running through the ends of most of the girls' quest lines in Rune Factory 3, and at least for Sofia, Ion, Marion, and Tuna, it feels like you'd really be wronging them by not returning their feelings. Shia's has a pretty good out, where you can explain to Wells that you're close to her and spend a lot of time trying to make her happy because you feel indebted to her for all she did for you in the opening of the game, and she doesn't seem like the type where she's likely as not to be forever alone if you don't go with her.

I'm playing 3 for the first time, having a comfy time… except for the 9 hurricanes I just got in the first 10 days of summer.
Tried to damage control and salvage the best I could through the first 8, but the last one, for some unknown fucking reason, destroyed like 95% of all the crops I had, and now I'm considering dropping the game altogether
Is there any way at all to prevent this shit, other than savescumming? And what kind of masochistic madman thinks this is a good addition to gameplay?

You can buy powder that reduces the damage done to your field I think, but that may be in 4, but 9 in a row is just horrible luck.

Ok, I booted up Rune Factory 4, not remembering why I stopped playing it and immediately remembered why I quit it.
Everything is a fucking chore.
You have a little routine on what to do each day:
-farm
-gift people
-daily request
-bath
-a few hours to grind freely until the sun sets
-repeat each day
The way the game separates itself with the days makes it very, very monotonous. The routine kills the enjoyment.
You can't do shit whenever you feel like it, you have to do it a bit each day and wait for the next. If you skip a day, you missed out, can't make up for it in another day.

After playing a game like Elona where the hours are there only to refresh shop inventory and available quests, it feels like a job to do everyting in the pacing the game want's you to.

DON'T use same fields all the time, frequency of storms are directly related to soil quality.
If too much of your soil will be horrible quality expect hurricanes.
It also affects soil in caves.
I checked it.

Haven't seen anything quite like you describe, though to be fair it's still kind of early into the game.
There is one formula bottle that claims to make plants tougher, but the ones I had already used it on got obliterated as well, so it's probably not meant as hurricane protection.

Oh shit if you're right then that's why, I didn't really plant much on the same spots, but did have a lot of "multiple harvest"-able vegetables, almost half of the farm actually. Do those eat up soil quality regularly?
If so, then I guess that's the punishment for being a greedy jew.

That's the point of these games though. The routine is what makes them fun.
You do a specific task every day with some payoff down the line. This applies not only to farming but also friendship\romance, learning recipes, grinding stuff or advancing the story.
There's a bit of confyness in doing\seeing something that's familiar and there's nothing more familiar than a task you repeat over and over every day.

Then again, that's why it works with farming, because eventually shit will bloom and on that day something different happens, breaking the monotony.
Then you have a load of cash and you start thinking where you're gonna invest it and how things are gonna get bigger now. And it feels great and special because it doesn't happen every day, rather once a week at most.
Same thing for relationships, which might be the best example to understand this. If every girl raised a heart everytime you spoke to them, the romance would feel cheap and forced, you barely spent time with them and they already want the D?
It's not an objectively good way to design a game since it requires some autism to actually enjoy it, but for some people it's heaven on earth.

Elona is pretty good too, but it gives you a barebones world and companions in return, where everything revolves around you in a very noticeable manner and it's all there specifically for you. No character feels interesting or compelling and the whole world seems more like an amusement park where cities are the popcorn shops and dungeons the venues to visit.
I'd actually prefer it if the day\night cycle mattered more and you had to sleep at night to rest better, shops were closed at night (and you couldn't just whistle them open) and bounty board requests were tied to the local economy and events instead of being radiant-tier quests.

I haven't reached my first summer yet (already have 2-3 girls at love rank 10 somehow) and you're starting to scare me.
I just leave my man-beasts tending all 4 fields while I'm out slaying monsters and bitches and now you're telling me that come summer, my house will turn into California.

Yes.
There are multiple formulas. Formula C is the best.
Don't worry too much about farm, there are other ways to get money in RF3.
Like mining, loot from tree dungeons and random quests for richfag family.

It only affects storms. Rain will happen without any problems.

Official seal of approval, can't have a thread without it. Thanks for the post!

I don't agree with the routine stuff, I think it's annoying.
With farming it's ok because that's really something that takes time, only need to water it and once you do there's nothing else to do but wait anyways, wouldn't make sense to drown the crops in water for them to grow faster.
But the way the hearts go up is bullshit. I should be able to raise more a day If I tried enough, cap on how much I can give a day is what's annoying to me. It should be a soft cap where the first item gives you lots of points then the same item becomes less efficient, and for more time than just a day, but still gave you points. The problem isn't having the daily stuff, but it's basically forcing you to do daily stuff. OF course, the system s would have to be balanced around it instead of just allowing you to get 100 days worth of points in just one day.

Elona's world seems like that because it focus more on the randomized content rather than the static NPCs, other than the gods, only a handful static NPCs are notable, and can't be married or whatever unless you make a clone of them.
It does, waking up at morning gives you the breakfast event with cooking pets, that is one of the most efficient ways to gain potential. But then again, the game never forces you to do that, you can choose to ignore that and sleep at your own pace if you think it's better at the time.
Being able to wake up NPC with whistle and bashing is pretty lame though, should have bigger penalties, And the bounty board is OK, it is based on the towns since Yowin always gets tons of farming quests.

I know you already mentioned music, but it's really important to get this part right. If you're writing the music yourself, make sure each song has a really long and diverse loop so you don't get tired of it, and the music itself should be soft and easy on the ears [at least in town areas]. I would also recommend a different song each season to differentiate them from each other.

This annoyed the fuck out of me in RF4, the town music was garish and childlike, and on top of that, never changed. I got really tired of listening to it after ten hours, and it's a game you should be pouring hundreds into.

God I forgot how good some of these were.

Amber, it is the only responsible choice.

Did you even complete Amber's storyline? She's got a great plot going. Really compelling shit.

Give me good watering can, something I can hold the button down and move with, or at least one that does multiple squares without charging.

This. I want to raise my daughter strong and spend time as a family.

Was the first Story of Seasons better than Trio of Towns? I've just really wanted to play a farming game but Stardew Valley simply wasn't good enough. I want to raise cows and feel good about raising cows. I just wanna farm and feel good about farming.

Took me a little too long to figure out the elf jokes.

I did play RF3 but it didn't really grab me. I can't tell if I simply wasn't putting in enough effort to understand the game or not. I never worked out taming monsters for example. Does the game emulate fine? I may try it again some day as I never played RF4. I did play Frontier but… I did not like Frontier's set-up, with a second character in your head and having to sail to islands and stuff.

Carmen bestgirl, obviusly.

different jobs. imagine being a smith or fisherman by trade–play Fantasy Life and add what you like

that's tides not frontier
frontier would be my favorite if it werent for the stupid runey system
trio of towns is an improvement of the original sos so just play that instead

So… This might sound crazy but I want a Rune Factory game with a customizeable avatar (models are 3D anyway) and waifu mercenaries you can bring with you on adventures. Librarian waifu is good at magic while foraging waifu is a ranger with a killer bow arm.

Battle waifus are already a feature, user. Ask them to follow you and walk outside the town. You can even level them up like monsters.

Which games? I only played the first one.

3 and 4. No clue about 2. They even carry their trait with them into battle. For instance, the clumsy one in RF4 constantly trips while trying to melee enemies.

Yeah I realized my mistake hours later. It was Oceans I played, I never played Frontier. Thanks for answering my question.

Yeah as other user says, RF3 introduced taking the townies with you to beat up monsters. They get their own gimmicky weapons and everything; the mermaid in RF3 beats up baddies with a giant fish, for example.

Allow you to hire some younger kids around town to do some stuff for you like watering shit or collecting eggs even brushing animals.

trio of towns just feels like a not shit two towns to me. speaking of which I'm surprised they are remaking two towns.

Who even owns that property anymore?

You can upgrade their weapons too by gifting them better ones of their weapon class.

Marvelous acquired the rights, along with keeping most of the employees supposedly, when they went under. Lord of Magna was a Neverland property originally, but since it was mostly finished, they churned it out after the acquisition. The last bit of info about the Rune Factory franchise that we got was from an interview, where they basically said "eh, 4 did well, no reason not to eventually", and then silence for 2 years.

Lufia/Estpolis is a Taito franchise which is owned by Square Enix. So we'll never see Lufia that isn't mobileshit. At least Rune Factory has a chance. I'd like to see more 3D farms where elevation matters to crops and combat.

Shit, they are? That's really weird. I'm not sure I like it. Two Towns was a tolerable time-waster and they completely bungled the 3DS version, I don't know why they would remake it.

Forte

I hate that feeling, it's like Penny on stardew valley, feels like you have to save her and take her out of that shitty trailer

Nah, Penny would be okay if you progress through the game
her mom wises up, cuts the alcoholism and starts driving again the bus

T-they're just waiting for the right to announce it, right?
Right?

The one they won't let you have.

Why must life be so disappointing?

Rune Factory 5 practically guaranteed.

Don't play with my heart like that user.

I fucking hate nintendo

Newfag with an R4 Chip here. Where should I start? 3? 1?

I liked Frontiers, fuck that runey shit though

I'd start from the beginning, though it really isn't necessary it'll be harder to enjoy the older ones if you've played the newer ones first.

I'd suggest 1 since it's very passable, and the relative lack of features compared to the later games would make it hard to go back to.

Rune Factory is a series where every chronological release on the DS is a major improvement of the preceding one (with the possible exception of Rune Factory 2). Play from the earliest one and move forward from there.

I started with RF 2, it holds a dear place in my heart. It's a terrible game though. Playing through RF1 after playing 3 and 4. It's really difficult to overcome the quality difference. If you can't get past the quality of the first 2 games, feel free to try 3 and 4. Just understand its a pain in the ass to go back.

I've been emulating 3 and I'm thinking of buying 4 for my 3DS (unless I can find that Platinum Edition somewhere in Europe)
What's the biggest changes in terms of gameplay from 3 to 4? How's farming, taming animals and setting them as slaves workers on the farm?
How's dating the girls, adventuring with them and equipment management?
What actually changes so much from 3 to 4?

One.
Because if you play later ones first, you won't want to play earlier games.
Second is worst one.
You got NTR'd, if you waited with marriage to some girls too long.

in 4 you can date all the girls at once and break up if you don't like them before marriage. The post game is a lot longer too since they have dungeons you can grow in your field. They array of monsters you can capture is so much greater, and spans the past 3 games and includes bosses and the native dragons. Equipment is largely the same, however you can now give npc allies any weapon type you want to and they'll equip it. You also can have 2 followers rather than just 1.

It's been a few years, but IIRC the game play isn't radically different. RF3 combat is based around movement and combos, RF4 is just polishing out the details. Farming is not as emphasized in RF4, but it and all the crafting is way more complex. RF4 is far more difficult; if you don't start crafting, you will not get past the 6th dungeon. 4 is also really, really long. A lot of the events are triggered randomly; the final act of the game can take up to 4 in game years to trigger. This affects how long the courtship take as well, as relationships are tied to story progression. It only takes until the 2nd act to finish the relationships, but the dungeons are no joke.

RF3 was easy and short, while RF4 is hard add long.

Find one and stick to it. You must be loyal.

That's the only problem with the series; can't have a harem ending. With all the other shit possible in the games, I can easily see it being an incredibly difficult ending to attain.

You are unloyal and therefore do not deserve the loving embrace of a waifu

My love for her will never change. She will always be best girl, trapped in a bad game. She deserved so much more.

Fag

My waifu is unattainable in this game. I wish they'd given her and venti romance options.

Thanks, I'll finish marrying Raven and finishing 3 before getting my hands on 4 then.

Yeah, that's quite the bummer. I liked Raven, Shara, Kuruna and even Sofia somehow. Don't much care for lazy, mucher, fishy, ditzy, jewish or RAINBOW, those can drown in the lake.
Wish it was possible to date them all and make them all happy, biggest turn off of playing these types of games, really. Seeing a girl show her love for you and not reciprocating? It's shit I tell you.

Hey, there's a lot of Micah going around, he can share some of his time. Every girl needs the D sometimes and someone has to give it to them. If I can grow flowers, gather crystals, bake cookies and fish cans for all 4, why shouldn't I be able to make all 4 happy?

I feel you man, there are so many good girls stuck in that game.

Only the best

Then otakus would be screaming that she cucked (You) user

Download is best girl

She's shit because she's not Elena

Why? It's just a game.

I don't know how I feel about you user.

Oh user, If you thought niggas on Holla Forums took games seriously then you haven't seen otakus chimp out.

I just wish that Trio had the cake love interest that the original SoS had. Tomboy was alright, though

I suppose I haven't, but it sounds entertaining.

It's funny that his English VA was an uncomfortably deep-voiced black man.

If you have CFW, pretty sure JP version of 4 is up on FreeShop. No idea on an NA version, assuming it even exists.

>Not having your waifu and your favorite pet or child along at the same time

Also, going through 3's girls, there's quite a few where I just feel guilty about not letting them have the guy they love and quite possibly have their only real chance of a satisfying, heartfelt relationship with - Tuna, Sofia, and Ion in particular, and then Karin finally gets someone to reach out to her and tell her "let's actually fucking try together" instead of talking down to her all the time, and Marion and Chocola get someone who motivates them to actually think about others instead of just themselves for once.

This, to be honest. Especially when there's shit like the parents or family going "I'm counting on you" or "Don't make her cry"

I don't have the screen caps but there was something about some otakus freaking out because one of the girls in a harem had a ex-boyfriend and the other was about because some hentai artist drew something, I think ntr or mindbreak or whatever and they tracked him down and killed his cat and burned down his house.

Anons, Anons, Please!
I'm from /tg/ and we've long since solved the Harem/Waifu dilemma. A Harem is equivalent to 1 Waifu so long as no more than 1 girl within the harem has more 4 personality traits outside of fetish tags.
Additionally, it is acceptable to have more than 1 Waifu IF they are all from separate franchises, or more preferably, genres. Thus, you are loyal to each waifu across the multiverse without cheating on any of them.

Thats actually really fucked up.

To be fair, if they burned down his house, maybe they killed it to give it a faster and less painful death than burning.

Still fucked up. They could have just let it outside. Do yuo know if any of them were charged?

I don't know, I'm hearing of this story for the first time too.

That's barbaric. Love for a waifu transcends franchise and genre!

I thought they put it up on the eshop a while back?

But not Multiverse Theory. You've already cheated on your waifu with a billion other waifus, even the Shit ones, for a multitude of various good and stupid reasons. Given that, devotion to your Sci-faifu, Elf Slave, and Energetic Pixie Cut Shorty.

Besides, it gives you a goal to work towards given any Isekai scenario. If your waifu truly loved you, she'd want you to find happiness if you never got to see her ever again.

I tried to play Rune Factory 4 but I always keep being on edge. I always feel like I am missing something, like I didn't give the right gift or I only placed second in a festival or something and I keep being autistic about it.

Is it a game where I *have* to be autistic about it can I go at it at my own pace? I reached the Mansion during the first month but the monsters in it are wrecking my shit.

also let me fuck the MILFs. Or the Dragon. Either is fine.

You can do things pretty much whenever you want. It doesn't lock you out of anything.

You can always give another gift the next day, and try the festival again next year.

Take it at your own pace. You'll naturally get stronger just by doing shit like walking around and farming, plus you'll get more access to materials to craft shit. Try taking characters out with you when you go fighting too, they can help out and gain levels as well, plus you build up relationship points with them. You can also improve their equipment by gifting them weapons.

The online thing you have to be artistic about is the crafting aspects. You need to be farming good ingredients to cook, grinding your weapon stats, forging, and potions.

Everything else is wasted autism.

on a more important note, what Harvest Moon-like game lets you fuck milfs?

That means you should love your waifu even more and not want to abandon them!

Carmen's not that bad actually, but girls who have a thing for fish are always weird and possibly lesbians.
Carmen in particular as that totally-not-incest thing going with her brother, and she acts dominant all the time but later shows she's actually a massive sperg.
I get the appeal for her, it's just not something I find endearing.

Her story would be better if she did the role of Raven instead, being heavily sheltered by her brother, who doesn't allow anyone to get close unless he proves to be a "manly man", so she has no experience with boys and acts bashfull all the time.
She'd enjoy long fishing sessions since that's something her brother taught her (to keep her away from boys) and you'd have to both prove to her brother how much of a good angler and manly you are, but also win her heart by out-fishing her.

I did a request for Well's that was just him asking how I feel about Shara. I didn't knew what to say, just went with "I owe her my life".
I had to reload because I forgot to save and had a crash, now the request is still hanging there and I don't know if I can answer it again. Don't even know if that changes anything, if Shara will think differently or if Wells keeps it to himself.

You just know that the first time you put it in Ion, Carlos will be there holding her hand and they'll be having an overly dramatic family bonding moment over it.

I got the feeling that that was the case anyway, it just didn't stand out so much because the only boys in town before you get there are Gaji and Rask, and Gaji is fully focused on Eliza while Rask doesn't really have any common ground with Ion to begin with.

I used to play farming sims so much that I would have reoccurring dreams where I'd be washed up on an inhabited island with a bunch of people. I'd find seeds, start a farm and fish/gather resources in my free time. All the while befriending the other survivors.

The dream usually continued off from last time, though I've not had it in years now.

That sounds like fun. Like vr.

Rune factory 2 had Alicia. She was pretty busty.

None

Satan, I know you're not gonna believe me but…
The Sims.

Any will do actually, from 1 to 4. You can just get your house up, set a large part of your plot for farming and do it all day, selling the crops for profit.
In 3, there's even cows, chickens and horses (the first two are DLC and mostly just a piece of furniture but the horse you can ride around).
You can easily get a fuckload of free time to roam around the world, chatting with people and marrying any girl you meet. Plus, with the exception of 1 (since I don't know of any similar thing for it), you can have full lewd on too with mods.

I'm actually thinking of re-installing 3 with just the necessary packs for a farm life and start a ranch of girls.

Goddamit, all these names. Changing them from Japanese to English I understand, but changing them from Europe to EUA makes no sense.
Ion is the name of an atom that's negatively (or positively) charged, not a name you give some. It's probably to sound like the original in an attempt at romanji, but still. Who the fuck is Gaji? The blacksmith? Because that one is Gaius here and Rask is… Rusk?

It's pronounced "Ee-ohn" as opposed to the scientific term which is "Eye-ohn." And yeah, Gaji is the blacksmith dwarf, while Rask is the son of the chef, Gluten

It's pronounced "Ee-ohn" as opposed to the scientific term which is "Eye-ahn." And yeah, Gaji is the blacksmith dwarf, while Rask is the son of the chef, Gluten

Personally, I don't know why they change the names in the foreign versions to begin with, it just makes it harder to understand when communicating with people who've played the foreign versions.

The Japanese names are retarded.

Go back to bed Ben

Demongirl waifus are top tier.

RF3 names are particularly bad.

Okay, that has to be done strictly for the pun. Blaize is a far better name for him.

I've found that japanese names usually tend to complement the character being something related to him\her. Japanese use names to further characterize them instead of just being identifiers.

For instance, in Splatoon2, Pearl is actually named Hime, which means "little princess", a very common trope for japanese, her name further establishing that, not just being a name.
Marina's name specifies the species of octopus she actually is

I honestly don't see how. It's not like we're looking at names like "Burn Burnings" or "Bring Stabity"

Well yeah, he's a chef, so they gave him a name based on the Katakana-ization of "gourmet"

That`s because you`ve already married her in the other game. She`s just here for business.

Bring Stabbity getting the Garazzo made it all worth it though. Never before has a name been so appropriate.

Truly the most stabby of Stabitys.

I don't even remember what he had, 00's designs were all generic as fuck, and in SRW I'm pretty sure I one shotted him with Koushiryoku Beam

Expand on these trips and make the farming less

Im a fucking farmer, not a soccer mom with a few tomato plants in my garden.People have been using tools and animals to ease the farming for an eternity, but all harvest-moon type games seem to think that a farm is a lone-wolf operation where you walk around with a plastic watering can and a handful of seeds from walmart. Pic related.

You already can use animals to help with the work in RF though.

Go at your own pace until you reach Rune Prana. Then the fun begins.

Do you think we'll get a new Rune Factory for Nintendo Switch, 3DS, or another platform?

None of the above.

All those fucking off limits moms in Rune Factory 4
It really hurts to play that game

So PC with Denuvo?

If within the next year or two, 3DS. If later, the as-of-yet-unannounced sequel platform

Did the online leaderboards for RF3 provide any rewards like other DS titles?

You mean the Switch? The platform with absurdly fast sales rates?

The Switch is the Wii U successor, not the 3DS successor. Rune Factory has had TV console spinoffs, but mainline is always handheld.

Don't even joke about that.

Rune Factory 5 could work for Switch. No matter the platform RF5 is going to go single screen. And 720p is at least high res enough to have menus slide in from the side without getting too much in the way. Plus there's touch screen in handheld mode. And I'm sure there's going to be some QoL improvements because of single screen. Plus Switch could have local multiplayer with joycon by themselves. I don't think you'll need camera controls for an overhead perspective.

Not sure what you'd want to ruin the game with multiplayer for, and if anything I'd hope we get less touch crap rather than more.

The original two titles had some neat but entirely non-critical multiplayer components.

One of the DS Harvest Moon titles had a neat idea with a communal farm.

I said local multiplayer, not online. Could have one friend join with their partner monster. I'm getting ahead of myself. That said, if the game has a customizeable avatar then there could be a little fun with hiring friend's avatars as mercenaries/farm hands NPCs roughly same level as you.

Downside of avatars is that they'll probably be both sexes. Which means husbandos who look like queers. And I'm sure in RF girls can't love other girls.

Irrelevant to topic. But I want an overhead multiplayer action RPG brawler for Switch so badly that isn't ass-backwards indie pixelshit.

What's the difference? They both involve other humans.

That could work as a Surechigai Tsuushin type deal I guess.

Wouldn't bother me as long as it didn't cut down on the number of waifus like it obviously did in 4.

You are likely thinking about Kakyuusei 2. The game sold as one of those pure love highschool VNs. The headlining Heroine's route was rife with NTR. She was the childhood friend, who had a boyfriend. MC comes across them in the park making out. They later have sex twice and he dumps her. Then her route begins. She's molested by delinquents because MC is late to meeting her on a date. She calls out the other guy's name out during sex. Since the game had a huge following after the first game, the audience were LIVID over what happened. A new CEO of the company had come in and shoved his NTR fetish into, thinking it was going to be the next big thing to infuse Korean tier soap drama into VNs. The fans went fucking berserk and the company was REEEEEEEEE'd into oblivion. They made a couple other games in the NTR vein and then died. Which is shame, since the other girls in the game were completely vanilla as to be expected of the game's marketed theme. Hell, the first game had a prostitute (compensated dating) and no one had a problem with her and liked her. But she was played straight, not crooked and forced drama like the other girl in the second one.

Isn't that the plot of Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness? Or Sunshine Islands, either one. Were those good games? Compared to Tale of Two Towns. I'm in an emulating mood.

Also, I see people saying Rune Factory 2 is the worst one. Is it not worth playing? I played a little bit of 3 before but I never completed it and I hardly remember anything about it, and I was considering emulating 2 and then trying 3 again.

How are the quality of waifus in 4? I could go with fewer high quality interactive waifus than more static archtypes.

About the same overall as 3's from what I recall, though I didn't finish 4 for a variety of reasons, and am planning to replay it once I finish my current run of 3 though in both 3 and 4 I'm stymied by not being able to marry my actual waifu

Waifu overview:

I understand that Nintendo is positioning the Switch as a home console, but I believe this is solely so they can sell you games at full price. I honestly believe that the Switch is the successor to both the 3DS and Wii U. The next mainline Pokemon game is coming to Switch. That pretty much signals where Nintendo is going with the Switch. We'll probably see a pocketable Switch in the future though.

That's the thing, they're not - they're trying to market it as a handheld console, while trying to sell it to the West as a home console. It's blowing up in their face though, since people treat it like a home console, while Westerners think of it as a handheld.

K-dramas convinced me that South Korea is Lucifer's portal into the world.

Man, I forgot how much Amber loves hugs.

Wow… That's some gookikery right there. I can't stomach Korean dramas.

As to be expected of Koreans and their fans

Nintendo has referred to the Switch several times as a 'home console first'. I think this is just Nintendo trying to justify charging $60 instead of $40.

It does get very confusing though, the Switch can be a home console or portable depending on how each person wants to use it.

I'm not really sure what you mean by this. The Switch is selling very well in both Japan and North America. The Switch selling well will make Nintendo happy.

In the West, I'm sure they have.

It's selling well for a home console, but it's not coming close to rivaling the 3DS.

The 3DS had a pretty rough start, it wasn't until the price drop that anyone gave a shit about it. The Switch is coming out of the gate with much greater momentum.

While true, you still saw people with them in public even early on. It's been six months now, and despite a greater early reception, no one's taking these things out on trains.

The Switch is also a lot rarer in the opening months than the 3DS was, and it's a fair bit more expensive even if you get one at MSRP. That, combined with the fact that it's a big, wide device instead of a compact clamshell, means you're less likely to see some guy pull one out of his jeans pocket on a whim.

Which is my point, it's not a handheld, and thus it's never going to hit the levels of success the 3DS and Vita did. It might do well by home console standards, but that's not nearly the dominating force the handhelds have had.

That isn't true at all. The 3DS sold 11.4 million systems worldwide on its launch year (2011) according to Nintendo. The Switch has sold 4.7 million units as of the end of July. Its almost guaranteed that the Switch in it's first year will outsell the 3DS's first year.

I don't get what you're talking about by bringing up the Vita. And the 3DS market share has been shrinking as phone games became more and more dominant. The Switch being a half-and-half may just be their way of hedging their bets while keeping the portable scheme open.

And what's the division looking like between Japan and the foreign sales?

While it obviously didn't catch up to the 3DS, as a handheld it easily outdid the other 3 platforms of the 8th gen.

Not really? Mobage has been a thing since before 8th gen, and they inhabit very different market spaces. Are you thinking of in the West or something?

You say that like you think the home console market is stronger than the handheld one or something.

Fuck, now I need to make a new save. I forgot about how even the canned lines they all default to made me happy to see Amber. Make a character like that, Dev, at least one that is always happy to see you and lightens up your day.

Foreign sales are higher. However the Switch is just slightly trailing the 3DS in Japan. Also, worth noting, the Switch is the only portable in Gen 9 and will have no competition in future years.

3DS week 31 total = 1,905,607
Switch week 31 total = 1,784,184

The Switch is doing fine in Japan.

It's not portable.

Interesting, though I don't see it maintaining that momentum considering it's stuck to households. Time will tell though.

This must have pissed off almost everyone who actually liked the girl they married.

I really don't understand why they pushed 1 girl as the "real" romance option so hard in these games.

It got even more obvious with the drama angle during the finale, and then the wedding ceremony being in the flower field with Shia's family as the "last" stop.

Yea I hate that shit, like why give the player a choice if you're going to be obnoxiously pushing the "canon" choice. Shit is super bad in cold steel as well.

Not in RF4.

Rune Factory 2 is… trying? It's inferior in almost every way to the sequels, and at best equal to 1. The gimmick is that the full game isn't unlocked until after the marriage. you have to play as your child to rescue the MC. You don't ever regain control of MC, and the kid is eternally 10 years old or something. There are NO bosses until after marriage. It was an odd design decision, which IIRC costed them sales for RF3.

To be fair, they were supposed to be your surrogate family.

I heard about the marriage/time-skip thing but I had hoped there'd be more to the game beyond that. I guess I'll just skip over it.

And the nicest thing about RF4 is that they did drop that shit. I suppose it was necessary since you could be either a boy or a girl in that game. I kind of appreciate that for spreading out the romance options a little, six waifus is enough variety for my tastes. RF3's ten potential waifus is impressive but damn it makes choosing one difficult.

If so it was kind of poorly implemented. If anything I got the most familial feeling out of Marjori than anyone else.

wait, I misread. So MOST of RF2 is after marriage. That is strange design, but so long as it plays well mechanically, I think I can go with that.

I don't remember there being that many…

Might just be the fact you had to go there more often than anyone else.

11 total:

Shia (flower girl)
Chocola (tiny hungry girl)
Sakuya (greedy Kansai accent girl)
Persha (mermaid)
Ion (tomboy fisher)
Marion (crazy witch)
Tuna (tsundere blacksmith)
Sofia (opposite girl)
Karin (too lazy to desc-)
Kururufa (horn head)
Daria (RAINBOW)

I think it might just be because Wells is kind of a dick most of the time.

A year and a half? Yeah, that's pushing my patience too far. I think I'll pass.

And yes, I miscounted, there's actually 11 waifus in RF3. That's simply too many waifus for me to decide. That's too many waifus to even imagine a harem route.

Whose the most forgotten RF girl? Pic related

It's confusing as fuck when she sends you letters in frontier, because I think natsume changed her name and then Xseed used the original name.

Well at least it will be free day one.

I wish I can apologize for the Denuvo meme. However the asshole who wished upon monkey's paw asked for this.

at least her dream came true even if you never had the chance to wife her

Those who enter the abyss are bound to be forgotten eventually. Where's Reg though?

Fewer waifus that feel more like people would be better than a dozen one note waifus. Also if they have alternate outfits such as swim wear or something, make sure to give them comfy winter clothes too.

Meh, who ca-

God fucking damnit my dick.

Are they made aware of this shit BEFORE pursuing this worst girl or is this something they hit them with after they had already waifu'd it?
If the latter, it's perfectly understandable they flipped out. That's the awful 3DPD shit I imagine everyone here tries to avoid.

What Barret's VA was black? He sounded like a kid to me

Wasn't that the one where the artist drew an NTR story with Rem from re:zero and it had an extremely misleading cover? His house got burned down, and the only things left were two copies of that doujin he made, and they were untouched.

Don't know anything about it being misleading but yes that was the name and situation I was thinking of thank you user.

I've never actually heard of how bad Korean soaps get until now. Do they seriously have THAT much cucking in them even compared to spic soaps? Give me the clearest examples of korean soaps' abominacy, my morbid curiosity is too strong right now to not get an answer.

I'm trying to emulate an undubbed version of RF4 on Citrix but the rom I found apparently isn't decrypted. I don't suppose anyone might have the version I need and be so kind as to upload it?

No

I spent hours trying to decrypt that shit. There doesn't appear to be a windows util that can do it. You need an actual DS. Swallow your taste and get the dubbed version. It works fine. You will need to get the shared font.bin and drop them in AppData\Roaming\Citra\sysdata.

I would rather not play the game at all.

They're actually not bad, user. The girls still sound cute, and none are involved in politics.

You need a physical 3DS to decrypt for some reason with that particular CIA file. I couldn't figure out why but most PC utils won't extract it correctly. I tried makerom but maybe im retarded and you'll have greater fortune.

volafile.org/get/lZg-QEH4TAl_/shared_font.zip

Here is the shared_font.bin you need. Drop it it in [USER_HOMO]\AppData\Roaming\Citra\sysdata.
otherwise you get a black screen when loading the rom in Citra.

this is not sugoii

Is that to get the dubbed version working?

If it isn't shit tier why should it matter either way?

Any version of RF4 will need it, and some other 3DS games will need that to work. Decrypted dub version is almost finished uploading so if you want a link monitor this thread in 10 mins.

Purists are like that. It's the intention behind it that counts, not actually the quality. English natives don't get this as often, but any non-native speaker that actually learns English to enjoy just about anything foreigner and later hears the same thing but in his own tongue, it sounds fucking horrible, no matter what it was.

There's also the cultural side of it. It's actually literally impossible to do a 100% accurate translation since you end up missing the meaning behind words that isn't just the default syntax meaning they have. Every single cultural reference, every wordplay, every local joke and customs, completely gone.
It's even worse when they replace that with similar content from your region\language because, while it fits, you didn't buy a weeb game to hear about hamburgers and shopping expensive shoes, you bought it to hear about rice balls and petting rabbits.

I have no problem with translation, it's localization that gives me the gay.

ENG dubbed RF4 decrypted for Citra emulator:
volafile.org/get/lZsauDQq9oCb/Rune Factory 4 USA Decrypted.rar

Well, thanks I guess, but that's pretty easy to find on Google.

If they left Amber's lines about wanting to have your children in, and the shit that happens in her romance storyline, then I think the game was pretty much untouched.

Name your first born after me and we'll call it even.

make this animne real please.

Jesus fucking christ, he flat out admits to it. Tbh, still not as bad as Vic from gaijinworks

These people with no love for the author's vision should not be tasked with translating anything. But especially not creative products.

What's the deal with it? It seems fairly generic and boring.

Why can't petting rabbits be American

FreeShop should have the actual game, user.

This, plus the fact you're essentially letting someone else read the game to you while promising you "this is totally what it says really I swear" which would be bad enough even if they were well-meaning people, and most of them are anything but.

They should be out starving on the streets, cold alone and unloved like the human garbage they are.

places to explore. this could be for finding items, finding a good dating spot or just for the sake of looking at pretty environments.

Question: How fast does time flow in your game? I feel in RF1 time flows just enough to get chores done as well as fight monsters/fish/date. In Starjew, time goes way too fast to do anything. And everything in Starjew is too far away to get there adequately on foot. Even then there's camping in RF1 that lets you sleep in a dungeon over night.

Also will camping be limited to campsites as checkpoints or can you camp anywhere you can light a fire and set a bedroll?

I'm also certain outfits could play a role in how you can survive extreme heat/cold and poisonous fog/no oxygen environments. I have an idea where you enter a dungeon that has no breatheable air. You need an oxygen tank and mask to survive or pazs out on entering. Then you have to trees and grass in "Sol rooms" (rooms that have crystals which transfer sunlight during the day as if they are outside) to emit enough breatheable air you can camp overnight. Then the next day you'll have enough air in your tank to fight the boss and claim your keep.

Also will your game have a parrying/block system? I want shields to be useful at deflecting melee and providing cover against arrows.

Also an idea I had for Rune Factory is the "charisma" skill which allows you to persuade sentient monsters not under mind control of the summoning machines by speaking the monster language. It'll be required to befriending sentient monsters to work on your farm or as mercenaries.

Also, fuck it, you can have monster waifus too.

Seconding the idea of camping, it could be especially of use in late-game, i.e. exploring further areas, finding places for expansion, new pastures, dungeons, etc. Although useful early/mid game too just in initial exploration if its a large map, that and if new areas become accessible by seasonal change, like icefields/low tides etc..
Perhaps either your wife comes with you or her/helpers be they mobs, sprites, or hires tend to your farm/animals. Personally I always liked the idea of magic and being able to say, summon a loli gnome to tend crops/animals but not be OP by imposing either an action limit, i.e. can't magically do everything at once, you can watch it work, maybe it can only do so much, or it is limited to a single action, watering/harvesting/feeding, you could always have them improve with time as well.

tinkering
head pats
pancakes
head pats
helping someone to eat their food with your spoon
head pats

>>>/agdg/29718
You can also feed them pancakes

Not the ideaguy you were talking to, but in my game time will be very slow (actions limited by stamina instead), you will have so much time you will be able to afford walking instead of running and you will take naps under trees to speed up time there will be a QT sheepgirl loli that will join you if she likes you enough, she will prank you otherwise

Endgame will be a huge multi layer dungeon, you will need to eat and sleep down there, to reach the bottom you will need to gather ingredients down there or cook monsters (dungeon meshi style)

Another idea I had for weapons with RF is to remove the RP cost swinging weapons. RP will still be used for charge attacks. Instead weapons KO monsters that you then spend RP to return them via "slayer" skill, which influences monster drops. But if your game uses stamina then weapons can consume stamina only when they hit things including both monsters and objects.This is also how you build up weapon skills. Early on you can have a training dummy players can use to build up enough weapon skills to learn charge attacks before taking on dungeons.

I'm pondering giving weapons durability. However weapons do not break when they have 0 durability. Instead weapons dull and deal minimum damage with no crits. When weapons dull you can polish them with whetstones to restore durability or you can get the smith to temper them to the next level. Tempered weapons have higher durability and they gain a bonus ability like higher attack, crit chance, attack speed, looting, armor piercing etc. This way lower level weapons can be improved to ve viable if you're unwilling to buy or hunt stronger weapons.

Why make a cute human version of the dragon, put it in the game and then not use it or make the dragon a romance option?

Make sure there are things to do inside so when it's storming the characters can be comfy inside in front of a fire place while you hear the sounds of rain and wind outside.

Add more things to do after marriage so the game doesn't become stale afterwards. Maybe some areas and quests only unlock after you have kids.

I got curious and googled this shit.
It's apparently even worse than that. The girl fucks the other guy even after she starts dating the MC, she tells you how she lost her virginity and screams out his name during sex.

But what shocked me the most is 4chan /jp/ and /a/. They actually hate "purityfags" and think these non-virgin girls are better because they are more realistic and "deeper".
Where did the bitches and whores go?
Where did the 3dpd go?
How the hell did things change so much in only 3 years.

Fable 2 did that post marriage stuff really well. I remember coming home to find my daughter had wandered off and gotten kidnapped by goblins, so I had to slaughter my way into their gnoll and get her. She apologized for making me worry, and you had the option to yell at her or scold her for making her mother worry, and then you held her hand on the way out.

Really makes the endgame for that game hit harder.

It's under invasion from brain damaged niggers who like that youtuber shit and constantly shill for it, so no surprise there.
To add to that there's always been something of an exodus that's been underway from cuckchan in general and the underage and retarded are filling the ranks. Noone with more than one brain cell to rub together wants to be among those fucks so it's slowly becoming another dumpster like cuck-Holla Forums.

Because petting any animal besides a bald eagle in freedomland is for faggots.

So how do I unlock the Orders to start up more Festivals in 4? Do I just need to wait until the month they would be in, or do I need to get my rank up?

This is the single reason why I chose celibacy.

because they ran out of time. Same reason why the flower shop elf has a swimsuit and a pajama set. They were just cut content that they already had finished so they threw it in

perfect game is just making RF4 with new content and (even more) extensive post game content

Get your rank up and progress through the story.

That's the problem, I want to do the fishing festivals before rescuing Diras.

Nothing kills comfy like having to compete for your waifu or having them cheat on you. Kill both those things and you'll be further than HM and SV in that regard.

Harvest Moon does that? I haven't seen that in Rune Factory at least.

Yeah, although it takes years for it to happen, unless you are actively avoiding them it's very difficult to have it happen by accident. However there are their own version of set heart events, usually once a year, showing them getting closer with rivals which some don't like.

I actually liked that aspect of the games. It makes the town feel alive. I would recommend increasing villager interactions. For example, I don't think Arthur ever interacted with Forte or Xiao Pai. holy shit, there isn't a de-cocquille daughter in RF4. I forgot about that.
Have it so that each character has an opinion on every other character, some special interactions with each other, and then you can form circle of friends that have special events like they do in festivals.

Another thought. Can there be an early methood of cooking without needing to expand your house to have a kitchen? I'm sure a skillet and a dutch oven can work on a campfire. Or just roast meat and veggies over a spit on a campfire at the expense of time.

You don't need to expand your house to have a kitchen though? In Rune Factory 3 the kitchen is one of the first things you can put in, with the expansion required for the blacksmith, alchemy, and jeweler crafts, and in 4 you can just get any of them in any order and put them anywhere.

I wanna go out on a vicious tooth-and-nail hunt against a single giant monster, return victorious with rare materials, and use those rare materials to decorate my town where I have real-time-clock seasonal events with a huge selection of waifus.

for what purpose?

Guess I've forgotten because of fucking Starjew. That said campfire cooking IRL is comfy. And if we have campsites then sacrificing an extra inventory slot for a skillet could be worth making long dingeons less tedious when you can cook crops, fish, and monster drops for breakfast.

We're going to have to wait a few generations until we build a new Silicon Valley in the midwest. At the moment all indies in the west are 3deep5u SJW hipsters. We're going to have to make the games we want to play from now on. We will never get what we want to play in the future because gaming is an industry.

Guessing that Star thing people were talking about earlier in the thread? What is it anyway, a cheap Harvest Moon clone? From the sound of it, it fails to do a lot of shit the real games do already.

Pretty much. The most interesting thing I've seen come out of it is an Autism Blocks modpack and The Youtube Series it's featured in.

Starjew Fallacy is a cheap Harvest Moon clone you can play and mod on PC. That's really the only thing it's got. Otherwise on other platforms it's meh if you can stand the pozz.

I'll never get the dogmatic adherence some people have for the PC, especially considering how it seems to Stockholm them into defending things like a shittier Harvest Moon or Monster Hunter World

Is there any way to secure higher level ores before rescuing Diras? I really want to upgrade my farming tools

Can't wait!

Is there even a single actual gameplay mod yet or is it still just texture replacements and price changes?

The perfect metaphor for beautifull flowers.

You say that like it's a bad thing. Having the graphics fidelity of the Switch (vs the 3DS) and being able to carry my waifu simulator Rune Factory to play everywhere would be great.

I will agree. Trash game on trash system is always good.

This really showed in Rune Factory 3 with some of the progressions, like with Karin and Tuna - even if they didn't change their looks so much, they smiled a lot more, which really made all the difference.

If/when they make a revision that makes it actually portable.

I'm pretty sure a 720p screen can work with a multiple window menu set up. The question is will the menu button be +/- buttons or a face button? There's also two sets of shoulder buttons to work with L/R and ZL/ZR as well as clicky analog sticks.

Ideally I thought about setting up Rune Factory on Switch to use face buttons for actions based on what object you have "equipped" in your hand. I was limiting myself to single joycon set up at the time for another idea game.

You have analog stick, both SL/SR buttons, one bumper, one trigger, and face buttons. Before you can use a tool/weapon/item you have to draw it with the assigned face button. X is tool/weapon, Y is spellbook/item, B is jump, and A is context/dash/pick up/etc.

Without a weapon/tool equipped hold ZR (SR single joycon) to open a menu to select your tool/weapon set on your belt in a quick select menu. Otherwise with weapon drawn ZR blocks. While blocking you can use B to dodge roll unblockable attacks in any direction you're tilting. Yes this does mean you have to press A to sheathe your weapon before selecting another one. However the game will pause allowing you to spend as much time selecting.

For spells/items you hold ZL/SL to select via quick menu. For spells you either press Y to cast or you hold Y to select your targets while aiming with analog stick via laser sight then release to cast. For consumeables you take out the item with Y. You consume/throw the item with Y again, drop/give the item with X, or put away the item with A. Also dropping crops does not destroy them. You gently set them on the ground. Same with weeds but weeds can be used as tinder for camp fires or sold. For seeds you sow with Y, otherwise you drop the bag with X.

I haven't thought about what to do with bumper/trigger/clickie yet. Maybe for big once-per-day feats like howing an 18x18 field all at once without RP. I'd like to have trigger toggle the grid placement square in sideway mode. Otherwise that would be deticated to right clickie.

Also with a full controller bumpers and right stick can be menu shortcuts like map and tool belt selection.

I found bronze deposits in the secret dungeon under Yokumiru Forest, are there any other "secret" areas I can reach before fighting Diras? I'd love to secure silver or even gold deposits if possible.