Crash Difficulty

So my girlfriend recently got me a PS4 and Crash Bandicoot Remastered for an anniversary gift. I was bored today and decided to try the game out. My first reaction is what was all that controversy over difficulty? It's literally just like the emulated versions but a slight change to the landing mechanics which after getting used to over the course of 3 levels; gave me no problems. Are normalfags really this bad at vidya?

Yes. It took me a while to get used to and I still think the original controls better, I was still getting gold relics an hour after I picked up the game at my friend's place.

Oh, adding relics to the older games is one of the best things about the remake, by the way.

of fucking course.

OP..uhh, I got some bad news.

the original is better, you'll notice issues with crash's falling speed and hitbox. In the original the hitbox was a rectangular prism, which means crashes feet could be "off" the platform but the hitbox would mean he's standing on it. This was well tuned for crash and made the game play much better. the new one uses a pill shaped hit box which if you the edge of that pill on an angle of a surface, you could be launched off into the pit.

the fall speed is also increased. The hitbox changes what would be pretty fun platforming experience into a measuring context where you need to ensure you're maximizing your distance traveled. Also you can observe crash slipping off say, turtle enemies as you bounce on them due to the hitbox shape.

If you get the remake, get it cheap.

Sorry I'm not a neet virgin? I can still play vidya and manage my life. It isn't even hard honestly.

Only fags have girlfriends tbh

I don't know how much she got it for, but I noticed the differences immediately and tried adjusting to it. The older version is definitely better.

its only extreme for crash 1 cause no one knows how to zig-zag to make up for the pill hitbox and faster fall

Only fags have boyfriends tbh. I'd rather have a girlfriend who doesn't mind vidya over one who does, or having to hire a hooker like that fat jew Mark

Sounds pretty normalfag to me. Prognosis ain't looking good

Yeah, people suck. Really, it's not that bad outside of the time trials for the bridge levels in 1 and even those are doable.

you'll notice some really bad bugs with the way acceleration works in levels with slippery floors. In crash 2 you might remember the red gem route in the second level has you sliding across icy platforms. If you slide off the box you're meant to land on due to the affect ice has on movement, the slope of the pill could contact the metal box, send you falling off at max speed, and launch you into a pit with no chance to save yourself. It does hurt the game notably at some points.

Better than mark at least. Fat jewish people that have to hire a hooker are far worse

Kikes and Normons will have to share a rope.

Sage because off topic. Sorry I have a 3d woman instead of a waifu. At least grape-kun was happier than 99% of the weebs on here

You have my condolences

She can be a bitch sometimes, but hey at least she likes vidya. Plus she hates fat people and kikes. The best of all

Hopefully as her boyfriend you're supportive of her, self-hatred is always a struggle in a relationship.

Like my doctor Schlomo Goldberg says, sounds like you're projecting
:^)

Shitposting aside, My wife has been hyping this up. How is it? Need a platformer till MAAAHHREEO and our second kid arrives.

Are the controls that different from the Ps1 originals?

Nah, the biggest struggle is being in one of the laziest cities I've ever seen. Don't blame jews on me entering medicine as a dietitian to tell fat people to fuck off.

Not terribly, but it takes a bit of getting used to. It's fun and easy

holy fuck
we should have pulled the plug on this shit months ago

What are you, some kind of degenerate?

How sad are you that you have to brag to a bunch of virgins to show how cool you are?

Not as sad as "Made in Abyss"

Its mainly journos who push the difficulty meme, normalfags are usually average at vidya.
Cuphead sold over a million copies

I mention my girlfriend got it because I have a perfectly good PC, and I like to emulate. Sorry for specifying so that I don't have to partake in this bought sony and psnogames shit.

OP all you had to do was not respond
Lurk more

I'm drunk and happy. Sue me

As someone who worked on platformers in 3d engines before, this shit is absolute cancer in platforming and sadly tells me everything I need to know about the game. Ever play a game and have that weird "teetering" sensation where you thought you made it onto a platform after a jump, but can't move forward briefly as your character "runs" up the edge of the platform? Sometimes you can jump while seemingly "slipping" off the edge of a platform and get up. This is what causes that. Too bad the music sounds so damn good

I've seen sadder.

Then just say a friend of mine, it's not that hard to do. Do you usually try this hard to be an idiot?

NO, THINK OF YOUR GAINS.

yes when I'm drunk

I have enough gains to go around. I mostly care about telling fat people to put down a fork honestly

you mention your girlfriend cuz you wanted to stir up shit in the thread. Most likely bait but thats giving you benefit of the doubt that you aren't trying to waive superiority in Holla Forums because you smashed some clam

honestly originally, it wasn't bait.After all these faggots though, I'll go for bait

plus I'm sure Holla Forums likes to claim virgiity even when it isn't for brownie points

virginity* I'm drunk!

Go to bed, Super Hitler.

I will you kike!Thanks

It's a weird difficulty Parabola where those with seriously intense muscle memory of the game will be completely fucked by the "flow" of the stage, and the crash games being a reasonable bit harder than typical games nowadays.

Yes. Go on leddit and make a post remarking that games these days are way too dumbed down and easy. You'll rack in downvotes from all the normalfags who think games these days are perfectly fine.
Or don't, because

You mean the site that was compromised years ago by that pao faggot? Fuck that site! It's cancer

Yes I browsed Reddit before I knew it was cancer.. All those years ago!

Yes. Seeing the public reaction to games like that and Cuphead has reaffirmed that for me.