Forged Battalion

archive.is/XJpKg

How do you add weight to something you only have command of and not control over?

Why do all modern attempts at RTS games fail so hard?

There is a lot that could make it worth a shit. Even with glowing lasers you can have slow units and units being slowed from shots.
But clearly that wasn't the case here.

most frustrating developer in existence

Those unit designs look like they're from this piece of shit.

Too little info in that webm to say much. I like the variety in damage types I guess. I like Petroglyph but I hold little hope for this considering it's early access and their recent track record.

Why does it seem like everyone in that front image have no fucking idea where they are going or what they are doing?

Warzone was too good for this Earth. Pity no one tried to make a spiritual sequel.

Such as…?

Don't you faggots have homework you should be doing?

Dawn of War
Command & Conquer

No thank you

Hahaha, oh yeah man, Warhammer 40k is just the most badass, hardcore setting around, huh?

Seriously, get back to doing your homework.

user, are you all right?

I wouldn't call C&C gritty. TIberium Sun was dark, gloomy and atmospheric, but certainly not gritty. All of the games still maintain a lot of contrasting colour and vibrancy despite darkness.
Fair call on Dawn of War. I'd also think Starcraft, maybe, but that might just be because low res.

He probably reffers to either Red Alert, which had that heavy WW2- except with Soviets feel or Tiberian Dawn which had that vietnam-war "now with more napalm, flamethrowers and crazy religious lunatics" shtick. The sound design on both games was also incredibly good given that even rifle bursts from infantries sounded thunderous and specially artillery and MRLS platforms' SFX, Or the Obelisk of light vaporizing entire infantry platoons like if it were a souped up Laser howitzer. And the music, oh lord the music. Frank Klepacki was a genius.

that game was a redneck comedy in space

That image accurately reflects how most matches went since they decided to cash in on ASSFAGGOTS scene.

I really liked Warzone 2100 and this looks like it could be fun

The thing is, why would I play this game instead of Warzone? I do hope the game is actually good and has something worthwhile to offer. I don't want it to fail I'm not that jaded yet.

Or Earth 2100's series for that matter.