Shin Megami Tensei metroidvenia

Atlus just released a fun little metroidvenia starring Jack Frost and Pyro Jack in promotion of Deep Strange Journey. All in japanese, but it's fairly straightforward, having fun.

Appearently you, the MC of Deep Space Journey died and are transported into a Jack Frost. If there are any nip speakers here, correct me if I'm wrong.

Game is found here, for free.
atlus.co.jp/news/5854/

Other urls found in this thread:

volafile.org/get/kk1ijFUm9QQK/Konosuba.zip
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Looks like a Cave Story ripoff

That pixelshit style looks like a Gang Garrison 2 ripoff.

This seems like a bit more work for advertising than I would expect from a remake, and for an SMT game of all things.

Enough fucks to click the thread.
Not enough fucks to click the link.
Last good SMT was either Raidou 2 or Nocturne, whichever came later.

Raidou 2 was released quite late, in 2008. Just one year before strange journey.

Still almost ten years ago.

Last good SMT was Devil Survivor 2

The promo game seems fine, but I still couldn't give less of a fuck about Deep Strange Journey, or SMT after they decided to fucking drop 30 years of meta narrative and the Amala Network for no goddamn reason with SMT4 and Apocalypse.

It's not shit, it's a pizza.

wew

What's even more hilarious is that the new artist also did the Order of Ecclesia art, so the remake art looking like shit is an executive decision.

Such small detail, just another indication that it will be shit beyond other reasons

Almost like they positioned them in order of how shitty it would be for humanity. Or maybe that thing you said. That is also a possibility.

DS is superior because grid turn-based strategy is the genre of kings, and that OST is bitching good too

ok art, shit gameplay

Well then that is strange, because the only reason to like 2 over 1 is the poor attempt at waifubait.

I like both tbh

That first boss fight was pretty fun. Switching between the jack frost and jack-o-lantern to absorb blows reminded me of Ikaruga. Thanks, OP/Atlus

Shway.

SOLD

Oh shit I forgot about it. Where can I get it? I don't speak moon.

volafile.org/get/kk1ijFUm9QQK/Konosuba.zip

What fucking piece of shit

Thanks brah

Then why wasn't it like that in the original.

Is this translated?

why does atlus insist on fucking with kaneko's god-tier design work? Who the fuck looked at the original art and thought, yeah this needs some reverse-refining

I'm liking IV.

please, kill yourself

it's pretty fun but i'm confused by the button map. buttons 5 and 6 on my controller seem to just exit the game window.

FUCKING DROPPED
Now where's my Persona 5 Ruby for the Switch, Atlus?

Well Marie IS in the game.

wat

This game deserves its own thread.

well hello there

Megumin is actually a marvel of character design imho

Megumin is a miracle of the universe

Trying to map the movement to the d-pad somehow, but it only goes for the analog stick, which I don't really like.

The game's exe gets a 5/63 on virus total. Im gonna pass.

when i checked the pov checkbox it used my d-pad

it uses windows kernel methods and it's not signed, but it's not a virus

If they didn't change the artstyle Marie would stand out from the rest

WHAT KIND OF RETARDED TOY GUN IS THAT?

Welcome to MIB.

This might be the fact that my monistor has the wrong colors due to a blue light program but he looks like Yuriko

wew

Zzzap

Watch out who you make fun of.

For what it is, its a pretty solid game OP. For you paranoid fucking grandpa anons out there its not a fucking virus. Its a videogame. user is sharing a videogame on a videogame board.

I got to the final boss but didnt bother beating the second stage, gonna take a break and do that later. Wearing and tearing shit up in the Demonica suit makes me feel like an adorable little badass. Its great.

You post like a retard, feel free to go back to halfchan

I mean I'm not going to by Deep Strange Journey but this looks nicewhy do American naming conventions suck so much, seriously Strange Journey Redux is such a strange name you can't even make any sex puns out of it.

Leave.

I spent a good hour looking for the fourth ring part in the Shopping Mall area and still couldn't find it. Has anyone found all four there?

Im not going back there after 3 years user.

I just rushed right through the game, I missed a certain area in the mall and a certain point at the top of the castle. I recommend you finish up everything because once you go past a certain point you cant go back.

then please kill yourself

user what did i do to you to make you so mad? Why can't we just work things out peacefully? Killing myself wont solve any of your problems.

It solves the problem of you being annoying in this thread
but I'll stop bullying you for now

It's just so completely unnecessary.

just as devils advocate, could the originals been too low resolution for purpose so needing to upscale Kazuma Kaneko art and the guy they hired took some creative liberties? That they looked at it and where like, shiiieet its not as good but its serviceable and they didn't want to spend too much on a basic HD port.

or they coulda got kaneko to do her also

IV is pretty good. I've just finished Law and Chaos, but finding the fiends and trying to fuse the famed demons is an infuriating waste of time. Matador gives the best drop though.

If someone wants to translate the game, all the text files are plain text in "dial.dat", have fun

For a 4.18 inch screen displaying in 240p I'd call bullshit to that..
The Kaneko art is almost straight up the 3DS's native res.
Only difference would be they could use scans of the art now and not pixelated versions.

I just don't get why the color of the suits had to be changed so dramatically. What was wrong with it before? It really changes everything.

Also, everyone's cheeks were removed except for big black, who's cheeks were just heavily reduced.

Watched the anime and played the game because of this .webm. Was pretty good.

Come on

Can someone repost that character design image people are mad about? Fucking thread isn't loading properly.

then could the rework have to do with it being 3D? Also I'm assuming Kaneko is not available for some unknown reason.

is the one posted here

I meant here

fuck

Ah, I see. Thank you.

I thought it was just a retarded flatfaggot triggered by a tit expansion.

The Amala Network wasn't a thing until 3 loretard.

Okay 1, that download is translated.
But someone tell me, how do I know I stole Aqua's panties? I got them on my first fight, but now I forgot to save and got thrown to before the fight. Can't replicate the theft anymore.
Any help?