NIHON FALCOM THREAD, "Cake Abs edition"

Don't forget to support the games (or not if it's a NISA release) and spoiler the spoilers!

Specially Xanadu Next. That masterpiece deserves bigger sales

Cold Steel Undub Patch Here For Those So Inclined:

Jap voices for CS:
mega.nz/#!WkUyhDbb!B8dXNO2aBwNHibQ7tjTCyQLrX-bbBUV2jkZVUYxJ0Q4

Dummy files:
mega.nz/#!AoVmhDoL!h7fYCD14LQD14Ema9zWVvqHZegYJX2PF9EYWbn3x-DM

Magnet link for those can't or don't want to Mega:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:6A260B5B9AA460EB5A71AA88A5B314583DF419D4

Just dump it in the voice folder. Easy as pie.

You need the dummy files or the new Audio XSeed added will be in English because the nips never recorded that much.

- New Trails info expected on November 16th, via a special sen issue of dengeki.
- Cold Steel 3 released, remember spoilers, game is gonna be split into two parts due to size, second part expected next year.
- Ys VIII released on PS4 and Vita, but as usual NISA fucks up examples imgur.com/a/58G3W and the promised simultaneous PC release was delayed indefinitely, however fans are working on an edit already. NISA currently promising to "fix" errors and grabbed Durante to fix their performance issues following an emailing campaign.
- XSeed has ported Ys VII to PC. It is available now.
- Trails of Cold Steel I is out on PC on both Steam and GoG; ToCS II is also confirmed for PC with no release date available, though dialogue recording has started. It won't be until 2018 though.
- Tom on ToCS for PC: has its own separate launcher, "far more feature-rich than any other launcher we've ever had in any of our PC games to date" " There's not much you CAN'T do in that launcher." "You can tweak bloody EVERYTHING." It's also got a turbo mode that lets you speed up the game 4x, which is pretty sweet. It also runs butter smooth. Seriously, this port is great.

- Zwei II coming this Fall supposedly, website launched (visitilvard.com/). Check this blog post to discover the game (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/162167486725/zwei-the-ilvard-insurrection-localization-blog ), seemingly one of the causes for the delay, besides bugfixes was extra "Zwei 2+" content needing translated.
- The full Trails in the Sky trilogy is finally on English, available on Steam, GOG and the Humble Store
- Tokyo Xanadu brought by Askys, Vita version has already been released, and the improved Ex+ version for PS4 and PC releases December 8th.

- Trails to Zero fan tl at 40%. Ao is 55% translated, but not edited at all yet. A beta of the Zero TL from 2015 was leaked. It is full of typos and sounds like robots are talking, but it is at least coherent from start to finish. Play only if you are desperate. Machine TL of Azure has also been released, and it is as terrible as you would expect. It is completely unintelligible.
- The Legend of Xanadu I & II Dub Project announced, English tl patches coming in the next months ( tg-16.com/The_Legend_of_Xanadu_Dub_Project.htm )
- Also in the works: Zwei!!, Dinosaur Resurrection, Vantage Master Japan, Dinosaur Resurrection and Brandish 2 Renewal (PC-98)

pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Other urls found in this thread:

kamikouryaku.net/sennokiseki3/?スカート攻略
nichegamer.com/2017/10/10/nis-america-apologies-for-localization/
jp.automaton.am/articles/newsjp/20171006-55650/
bofgames.com/projects/zwei
archive.is/U63MP
kisekisorter.tumblr.com/
gog.com/game/zwei_the_ilvard_insurrection
store.steampowered.com/app/427700/Zwei_The_Ilvard_Insurrection/
mgnet.me/cRqC9Ib
archive.is/sLZS0
mega.nz/#!Bw5SURQK!fsrMwjX72trMpoXK3Vx6kKn7cgcj1h5sf5E1OSqgA0s
bofgames.com/projects/zwei/
twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/927657507820048389
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shit man I've had Trials of Coldsteel 2 sitting on my shelf for ages, I really need to get around to playing it but I am like 30% through an abandoned cleanup play-through of the first game and my autism won't allow me to move on without 100%ing it.

The nips have found "important" info
kamikouryaku.net/sennokiseki3/?スカート攻略

It shouldn't take you too long to finish, skipping text (bar extra bonding events), NG+ only took me a full day.

Ys 8 is the first Ys game I've genuinely enjoyed.

The power of brown loli cannot be denied.

NIS AMERICA APOLOGIZES FOR LOCALIZATION JOB ON YS VIII: LACRIMOSA OF DANA, FIX COMING IN NOVEMBER 2017
nichegamer.com/2017/10/10/nis-america-apologies-for-localization/

It might not be much, but every time we have news of some stupid dev/localiser getting shit, a little hope for a better future lights in me.

Ricotta is actually my least favorite character

Does a high res version of this image exist? I was going to capture a screenshot of this scene, but I thought there might be better online.

It would give me hope if getting shit on had convinced NISA to improve the last hundred times its happened.
Also, rushed fix, and VA's refusing to re-voice lines, I expect it to still be shit with my only hopeful expectation being that Durante will at least make the PC version runnable for the fan patch

Those two are great news to me! When I said "hope", it wasn't as in "hope NISA will do a good job", it's "hope they will go bankrupt, or at least lose their contract".
By fixing it they are showing that the market isn't puting up with their shit.
If the post-fix result is still shit, it will finally signal to the devs that NISA is the problem, and this isn't an isolated case.
I'm legit cheering that their fix will still be called out.

Also if I may point to the fact that the numbers are in my favor… A man can dream, and dream on that it will come true.

Here's hoping anyway, especially with western releases becoming more important to nips they can't just ignore this anymore.

Why do you hate things?

Is it that difficult to just like things?

It;s because I like things, i.e. Ys, that I hate things like NISA. If you like things and can't comprehend hating that which would ruin them you have serious issues.

Sorry for being blunt, but are you retarded?
The sole issue here is NISA's localisation effort, and by extension, NISA itself. They are known for low-quality products and mediocre customer support, and the reveal that they would handle Ys 8's localisation was met with unprecedented concern.
Now, not only did they fail to dispell these concerns, they even managed to exceed them by postponing the pc port indefinitely one day before its release and a translations so sloppy that it evokes the suspicion of being machine-generated.
Many would have preferred XSeed to handle the title, just like they did with most other Falcom works, not due to some baseless sense of loyality, but because they offer a faithful translation, keep an open channel to the user base, offer patches for technical aspects of their products months or even years after the initial release, and most of all, seem to be genuinely interested in the games they work on.
Another secondary aspect that is somewhat bitter to swallow is that Falcom apparently chose NISA over XSeed, with profits being the deciding factor. From a fan's standpoint, it seems like they don't particularily care for their Western audience.

The brown loli's design is pure lewdness.

Also, PC release for TX eX+ hasn’t been confirmed yet. Fix that in the next OP. Sage for double post.

Reminder to not be fooled into buying NISA games.

How much dick does Tokyo Xanadu suck?

Are they finally remaking Faxanadu? That's one of the all-time best games ever made for NES and I've been dying for something like it for more than 20 years.

The combat is fairly clunky and I feel like they were trying to go for a slower DMC. Overall it’s just mediocre, unfortunately. The translation by Aksys gets pretty awful in some places.

Xanadu Next has been a thing for a long while.

That Ace Attorney one is my favorite.
To this day I enjoy seeing KT at work, though, just because of that time when they utterly trounced NISA. You can tell they were all excited to be even remotely in touch with Ar Nosurge but then KT just publicly stockaded them by proving they're good for nothing more than a warehouse and shipping.

We got some justice with NISA blowing up like the failures they were (I heard even Japanese articles were written about how badly they ruined Ys and the English VA cast refused to return for a redub, and was pushing for CS3 to go to Xseed).

When will we get the same justice for Aksys?

Best daughteru

wait, we dont know who is translating CS3?!

jp.automaton.am/articles/newsjp/20171006-55650/
Indeed

Sadly no, but after NISA's fuck up they hopefully won't get it.

This. I don't care if the translator is a furry child molesting white supremacist as long as he does a good job.

That's all we ask Nisa: a decent effort at translating the game.

Into the corner, you. And think about what you just said.

I think a lot of the problem with them not getting called out as hard is because they released the Vita version first and a lot of people decided to wait until the eX+ version came out instead of double dipping. If they didn’t fix the translation with the PS4/PC version, I think more people will make a stink about it.

Hell, their announcement tweet for the PS4 eX+ release date had a lot of people telling them to fix the translation. So some people do know.

Should i feel bad for fapping to Sister Nia?

They can’t be topped.

She's a blonde nun walking around in what's essentially a miniskirt.

She's begging to be fapped to.

Also she's wearing high heeled shoes

user she pulled up her skirt to the point where you can almost see vagoo. She is basically begging for the D.

So I've been playing through Ys 8 and I was wondering.
Why are there 2 accessories slots for every character when only 1 exists in the game? with the exception of Laxia's glasses and Adol's necklace.

DLC

God dammit I do this every time I replay the game.

How can I enjoy someone smearing shit all over something I love?

I seriously hope that you imported, pirated the vita version or at least bought it used.

i have a bad feeling its going to be treehouse the one that will be doing the job

That is completely impossible

Too bad the Ar nosurge localization was every bit as terrible as NISA's Ar tonelico 2 localization.

Really glad to see NISA being rightfully punished and called out for what they did to Ys (among other games). To those that came into these threads and told us to accept the NISA dub, I say "now you deal with NISA being called out and your shilling all for naught". Idealistically, I hope this makes Falcom consider going the Nep route and creating an international branch for translations and localizations, but that's most likely not going to happen in the near future, unless they get much bigger.

Considering the theme of the OP, may as well post a webm of Bikini Aurelia I saved from the last thread

Damn, this is pretty nice
Cool
>(((Merchant))) selling more weapons, all of them with a unique skill that I'll have to find out what they do
Goddamn I think I got an erection, start was slow, but goddamn it paid off.

I hate the gameplay of these games but I really want to see more of that loli.

I had the exact same relationship with that game. It's beautiful.

For some reason I really like when I start off disliking games, but then it gradually hooks me almost without me knowing it until I'm at the point where I don't want to put down the game.

Is Ys Origin the same?
Finished the first Boss, but haven't touched it in a while.

I'm actually not sure if it'll be like that for you. I was hooked on Ys Origin from the start.

Same here (which is much more than what I could say about Celceta). One part in particular got me forever hooked to the game;

It was a long time since I felt that hype to fight a boss. It was even better knowing that it'd was the boss theme for most of the bosses in the game made the losses to said bosses much more bearable at the time

Which loli and which game ?

How is that even possible ?

It’s not unless Nintendo buys Falcom. user is just being a dip.

He's probably talking about Altina, who's been more prevalent since CS3 was first shown off.

I want to kiss those abs, god damn

Requesting an edit of the first picture with Dana trying to get into her big hole as Adol and the others look up

This isn’t the drawthread, user.

Students must be confused as to why there is a woman the size of an elementary school student teaching them. God damn she is short.

bofgames.com/projects/zwei

It's a shame her smile and optimism were thoroughly destroyed.

user, what?

They post on >reddit.

To be clear, I don't post on Reddit, I just read the topic titles to try to keep updated on Falcom news because this general misses shit all the time. :^) archive.is/U63MP

I haven’t even seen the scene but my heart is broken just from looking at her face.

Man, looking at that list it’s like NISA got hold of it without them getting hold of it. I’ll wait if it ever officially comes out.

Goddamn I wanna know what's up. I wanna play this game. Hurry the fuck up.

I'm starting new game plus for cold steel and I've carried over my exp. Should I not have carried over the exp if i wanted a challenge or does the difficulty spike up? I even edited the t_mons file to increase all enemies strength, but everything dies in one hit in the underground starter.

You’re going in at a higher level than the enemies are at. Of course you shouldn’t have carried over your levels if you wanted difficulty.

That's an imouto, user.

Fuck now i have to start again. Cheers.

god-tier images OP
FUCK

Im still shocked theirs homos on twitter using the crossbell shit to defend nis

Or use dual audio or "just learn jap lol" to shit on people who prefer xseed. Like

stop sucking nisas cock seriously

Please post more cakes.

What am I meant to do with this?

man that classic armor looks like shit in this game.

it has always looked like ass

Not really. In the previous games and art like that one always looked pretty good to me. Probably because of the scale. But they should at least went with the Ys 7 redesign which looks really good.

headpat roughly.

I saw one person on twatter defend their shit with “muh friends in France got to play Ys because of NISA, so all the people calling them out are just meanies!”

It's not like they couldn't have imported if they *really* wanted to just play Ys.

They most likely never considered importing because they were never told how bad NISA is.

Nigga that is kawaii as fuck.

Treehouse? Ah hell no.

I want a Dark Revenant Tier remake of Brandish 2. Ares is the best male falcom protagonist.

Gotta love how the doll blinks too.

At this point that could be almost half the female cast
No seriously, by the end of Calvard Estelle could be considered a cake, there's only four years between her and scarlet for example, and only 3 years till Anelace is considered a cake

I don't know how to feel about this.

It's like watching Haruka grow up from the first Yakuza (where she's 9) to Yakuza 6, where she's 20 and actually has a kid.

i hope you are a nigger and stole that game with a ps4

That would require Joshua to not shine her sun in the next few years, assuming he hasn't already.

She is hanging a target in front of her crotch. The only thing more expected than masturbating to her is straight up hitting that target. With powerful penetrating force.

anyone got a link to that prepatch zwei?

That's an even worse feeling of "I don't know how to feel".

inb4 that's used as a reason not to have Estelle/Joshua in CS4 or some later games.
I wouldn't even be mad

Imagine then if Falcom had gone with their original idea of Estelle being an enforcer, she'd be pic related and closer to cake status

What if they decide to bring that idea back for the Calvard arc? You play as a female enforcer through the game to give that side some love. I’d even take a game focused around the church since 3rd gave me that itch.

What if all the bracers or whatever group you play as in the calvard arc are all martial artists, and the main character is a big guy who has a wrestler's moveset for his crafts?

Renne would probably be babysitting.

Grandpa Cassius telling Estelle and Joshua’s kid about the time he rode on a dragon’s back. That kid’s life growing up would be interesting as hell.

It has been a while since a game has me takes breaks to take it all in.

I'd be shocked if they don't play a big role in the closing story arc.

LEWD

Do not lewd the imouto!

The cake on the other hand needs some frosting.

thanks doc

I really hope we get a TiTS 3 style game for each of the arc, and perhaps another for other countries/factions or cover past events, there's more than enough content to do so.

interception battles are s h i t

Falcom sale on the japanese PSN when

I'd like to get the kiseki psp titles and ys seven on my vita

They have a sale going on right now where if you buy two specified games, you get them both for 50% off. Ys VIII and Tokyo Xanadu are a couple of the applicable games.

Is this thread deader than usual or is it just me?

Probably seems that way due to the big Neogaf happening going on. Most anons are probably in the main thread for it shitposting.

1: Some anons left to avoid spoilers
2: Others are waiting for Last Saga info since they've already talked about all they can think of with Sen 3.
3: Still others are enjoying watching Neogaf burn.

I doubt anyone wants me to blog about my first Sen 1 run.

You guys actually been pretty good.

It's not like there's much else being talked about. Go ahead. It might spark a topic.

30€ for Zwei 2? What the fuck is wrong with XSeed lately, Jesus Christ…

Zwei Jew.

Zwei II Trailer
Release date is this Halloween so instead of trying to rape little children asking for candy at your door like the pedos I know you are you can play this instead.

Rank your Kisekis.

kisekisorter.tumblr.com/

I've been waiting years for this day.

I will savor every moment of it.

It's probably that same guy who always bitches about them. He usually cries to Holla Forums when he gets btfo here.

I played the trails of cold steel and was amazed at how bad everything was made. The basic walking animation made me burst out laughing. I understand these are low budget but it's not a budget restriction thing. Whoever animated and did the in game art is completely without talent.

Alright. Good of you to post what most people already know here.

No shit, you should play Atelier, Im sure you'd like the walking animations there.

why Xseed does crap like this all the time? it's like they want it to sell like shit.

Where is the torrent for Zwei II japanese?
nyaa only have the chingchong one

Maybe thats their tactic
Sell the game at a discount at launch and prtend like its just like any other sale.

It’s not that bad of a tactic considering people would probably be more likely to buy it during a big sale. The thinking of “Well, I’m already going in for this much, might as well go a bit deeper for those cards.”

I've been sort of avoiding it because of spoilers (I click spoilered images out of habit), but occasionally check back to see if more Aurelia has been posted.

Whoever thought the final fight in Cold Steel was a good idea is insane. It isn't like Falcom doesn't know how to do good and hard 1v1 fights (e.g., Julia versus Mueller in 3rd) so it's a bit baffling.

One day, user. One day.

What was your issue with it ?
From what you said it could be too easy or too hard.
Also what are you counting as the last boss ?

I think he's talking about the mecha fight, which is pretty shit tbh.

So, I was under the impression that Trails of Cold Steel was a waifu simulator of sorts which was the main draw for me. Are you actually railroaded into being with one girl, or is there more to it?

The story and subsequently the creators railroad the main girl (alisa) into a lot of the story and even outright steals scenes from characters who should've gotten them. That being said, you can still get to choose from a wide selection of waifus, although some of them don't actually get romantic payoffs (which kind of sucks). You could also completely ignore them, but where is the fun in that?

The latest game also only has romantic pay off for only 3 of the characters as far as I know, but people (everyone who got fucked over) are hopeful it gets rectified next game, fingers crossed.

Fuck it, that's better than I expected. I'll probably give it a shot.

It's a very solid rpg with a decent story, which will hopefully motivate you to check out other games in the series, but it still holds up by itself fairly well. Also fie is the best girl.

Aside from NISA bullshit, how is YS8? Hopefully better than Celceta and it's slap to the face ending.

If you can still flash guard/flash move without any consequence then chances are it's exactly like Celceta.

Halloween Renne a cute. I wish there was a small community for Akatsuki so I wouldn't have to figure everything out through trial and error.

These games are mediocre.

It wasn't too hard or too easy. It was too luck based. In some ways this mecha fight reminds me of Dark Fact fight in Ys 1. It is a terrible way to end the game.

As a game, it’s good. Just import it to not give NISA money.

Not a big fan of the fight myself but thats not too fair a complaint, you have to guess initially which part is weak in each stance but it stays the same afterwords and is clearly displayed, by that logic any game where you have to discover and exploit an enemies weakness is shit, however I understand how it can feel luck based or samey, it's one of the big reasons i'm happy they expanded the mech fight mechanics is CS2/3 so there can be actual strategy instead of what is initially a rock paper scissors game where you eventually know what they'll throw.

It's pretty much a Kiseki tradition at this point though for final bosses to be shit compared to a penultimate or similar boss though, at least it terms of gameplay and difficulty.

You do know that halfway through the fight he starts to cover his weaknesses and puts up a stance with no weaknesses at all, right? And you do remember that he has a random chance of unbalancing you and dealing a lot of damage if you're unlucky, right? Not to mention the move you used to counter him only had a 50% chance to dodge and counter, so if you didn't get lucky with that then it was game over.

What game is this Aurelia from?

She appears in like two scenes in CS2, doesn't show any skin though.

She's more prominent in CS3.

He does not cover his weakness. He has one stance that's a counter stance and he has an obvious audio qeue that precedes it. Just don't hit him in that turn.

Then what am I suppose to do if he spams that stance (which he does when his health is low enough) and I don't have enough to CP to do anything? The only option left is to attack and run straight into his counter.

Heal? Use morning moon to counter his next move?

I think the problem with the fight was that the stats were extremely poorly scaled for nightmare. I had to grind a few levels from what I did the final boss. While I haven't tried myself, I imagine on lower difficulties luck won't be as much of or even a factor at all, even without grinding, since I got pretty close a few times when I tried the fight underlevelled.
11/10 battle theme though, probably my favorite final boss theme in the series.

Excellent taste, friend.

You can only heal twice in the fight and morning moon cost a lot of CP and when you have neither then you have to run into his counter. pretty much said the issue with it. The stats are poorly balanced on nightmare that you'll have to rely on luck to counter a lot with morning moon to regain your CP and do damage.

I agree with the final fight of CS1 being an utter bitch on Nightmare. On easier difficulties it's much, much more manageable down to where I'd say it's a decent fight.

Nightmare makes it more frustrating than it should be.

So not random ? You're wrong but even if right that's paradoxical to your original complaint.
You conveniently ignore the GUARANTEED halved damage and that it can be used before multiple attacks for better odds.
Except it can be won without it even on nightmare

Save up BP for a strong attack, save up CP, heal, set up morning moon prior to multiple attacks for best effect, it's called basic strategy and doing virtually anything other than just hitting it.
Again try a bit of forward planning
Or actually check the turn order and deploy it at an optimal time

What level where you ? Never had any issues at lv64 on nightmare, also yeah on lower difficulties the boss is a cakewalk

Normal health 200000
Nightmare health 242000
I assume hard is around 220000
Unbalance efficacy stay the same
I can't say much for the other stats but the primary difference, health, only changes the battle by around 10 attacks speed, if relevant may add a few more from normal to hardest difficulty. To me that looks more poorly scaled from the perspective of being far too easy of an increase not some must rely on rng bs.

I can only assume people were spoiled by the easiness of the rest of the game and forgot things like actually using the turn order and planning ahead
I wonder

The stances he uses are random, but the rest of what I said was poorly worded. Anyway, he has a defense stance which has no weaknesses and counters when you attack, so you're stuck either using CP or EP. His defense stance showed up more often than all of his other stances when his health got low enough for me, so I would be all out of EP by then.

That's exactly the strategy I used and I still lost due to poor luck. When I got countered, I also got unbalanced every single time. Even his other attacks did nothing but unbalance when I got hit by them. I looked up the fight and noticed other people weren't suffering the same issue I was, so I would write this up as luck based. And I was level 72~74 when I fought him because I was leveling up my master quartz.

On a scale from "jacking off" to "Xanadu Next", how good is it?

At that level there really shouldn't have been any issues that would force good rng to be necessary
Would you be able to film this, even some shitty phone recording. I could see a low level get fucked by extraordinarily bad rng but at that level you should have had enough of a health buffer that its more yourself to blame, for example you say
I never got countered during the fight because i wasnt retarded and didnt attack during his telegraphed counter stance, regarding the unbalance it works the exact same as your counter, hardly unfair or rng
Are you disingenuous or retarded this point has been gone over already
Except there's a defend button so thats wrong

At your level that fight could be done without using all your heals, barring what id imagine would have to be lottery winner style odds the fight shouldn't have comedown to rng, considering that you've missed/not understood basic mechanics and strategies im calling bs and mere blame of rng for shit skills. Feel free to prove me wrong with a vid though.

Also i feel i should clarify that i dont count fucking up most of the right and putting yourself in a bad situation where you can only win with good luck as rng thats just poor planning.

I’m chalking it up to incompetence. You were near max level. You shouldn’t have had problems.

Pic unrelated, Tio is just too cute.

Does Ys V: Lost Kefin, Kingdom of Sand have a fan translation or is Ys V SNES the only play Ys V in english?

Years before it was even considered for localization I heard people say it was Falcom's best game and they put a lot of love into it since it was their last PC exclusive. I don't know how much of that is true since I'm just gonna go in blind.

Ys V never officially came out in english. The only fan translation the game has is for the SNES version that I’m aware of.

Alright thanks

New Zwei 2 trailer centered on Ragna.

CS3 localization announcement fucking when

I'm really hoping the nip voices will be available somewhere for manual downloading and patching because the American voices are that painful for me. Other than that I'm supremely excited for some Zwei. It's also pretty cool how XSeed does a little web page for their new titles; so cute.

I could see them delaying it till after CS4 is released, since they where meant as one game, they probably planned for localisation once the whole thing was done.
Still wish they'd had XSeed working on TL during dev though, especially since they'll only loose sales by delaying it, what else can you expect from nips though.

There's enough interest in an undub if you look around, that and It's hardly a complicated patch, it'll be unofficial but I doubt we'll have to wait long for it.

I hope this isn't the case. CS4 would be releasing in 2018 or so. If they started work on it just before or after that it would mean a 2019-2020 release. Which would suck stupid amounts of ass. They should localize the games as they come out.

But then again, while I like how XSeed handles Falcom's games, they're generally bumbling when it comes to announcements and marketing.

If there's ever A TiTS3 style game for CS, those two need to have a segment.

Yep that's my dream, all the Kiseki girls turning tricks.

“I’m sorry to leave you, but I have to buy a hat” Such a powerful moment in all of Ys.

titties!

What about them?

Even the rudimentary French I know from highschool could give be the general gist of that, how do you fuck up that badly, I expect nothing an am still surprised.

Now I just need Dinosaur Resurrection and the rest of the untranslated Brandish games; then my translation wishlist will be complete.

>Claire nor her Jap VA will ever ride your dick endlessly

Wew! Zwei II is out on PC, my niggerinos!

Holy shit. Gog actually put a falcom game up on their storefront at the same time as steam instead of hours later.

Maybe they finally realized Falcom games sell after the last few releases were at the top of the list for hours.

Zwei 2 is out
gog.com/game/zwei_the_ilvard_insurrection

store.steampowered.com/app/427700/Zwei_The_Ilvard_Insurrection/

mgnet.me/cRqC9Ib

Flop guaranteed. :>)

Ao is all the way up to 79%. L

H-he's fast!

what is this? lewds for ants?

The dub in Zwei II is growing on me the more I play the game.

It’s too good.

Why is Xseed so goddamn stupid? are they even trying to sell the game? if yes why did they willfully bury it? no wonder the game is doing incredibly poorly.

They've been marketing it all over social media for awhile. They even did a stream of it on release. Even did giveaways with journo sites.

Bruh I'm with you on most of the stuff but;
What are they suppose to do? Just because the game is old it doesn't mean that the localization cost is magically any less. It's already 60% less than the original Japanese launch price.

How the fuck do I break those blocks in Zwei that have Zool or Fool or whatever written on them? They have like a sun/moon thing on top too. I am just getting into Falcom games, so far I love Zwei, but I'm completely stuck.

Is there a Zwei undub yet?

Gotta say I wasn't ready to go in with so many character introduced from the get go and like most of them.
Blond chick seems like an annoying one, though, and I'm not sure if the instructor is supposed to be annoying too or if it's just the translation/dub.
Got a question about the links, should I just do bonding shit with the characters I like or am I gonna miss out shit like hidden quests or the best weapons because of certain characters who might the devs favorites or whatever?
I kind of get this vibe from being able to bond with Towa, but I'd rather do that than the blond chick.

Bond whoever you want, the characters develop regardless of reans involvement or not. There's nothing really missable from not doing / doing certain bonds so go nuts.

You can also eventually be able to watch all the bond scenes in one playthrough in NG+.

wow that is so impressive, so it's like only those already interested watch their streams( how many viewers did it got?) and follow their twitter closely. This "let's just do the very minimum" strategy seems to be clearly working going by their sales. i don't know why i even try.

How about using their brains for once? how about not releasing the game in the middle of a sale in which a casual buyer will just ignore this one in favor of a newer title or a not so old with a deeper discount one? how about not releasing it in middle or close too by AAA releases with heavy marketing and give the game the chance to shine alone at a better date? it's like Xseed have no idea how to sell a product/game properly except for those few already interested in which case there is no need for marketing. Seems like neither Xseed or it retarded fanbase are willing to listen or learn so whatever i give up.

You need Ragnars second weapon to drag them out of the way.

user, you aren’t doing anything. You’re crying to other anons on an imageboard. Get over yourself, my dude.

I want to fuck the service penguin.

Keep doing dungeons to strengthen Ragna's weapons. There is a lot of shit that you'll need to backtrack for so if you see something weird that you can't move/get by just make a note about it

Sara was annoying to me too in the beginning but I grew to like her. Alisa became tolerable.

It says something when the character can only be tolerated. Even Josette is better than Alisa at being an endearing tsundere.

See, I never found Sara annoying. I always liked her, but I guess it's a taste thing. Alisa was always shit, though. You can totally ignore her bonding events if you want. CS1 will still shove her down your throat in some story scenes, but thankfully this tones way down by CS2.

Oh, I never found Sara annoying either. I thought she was cute from the get-go and going further in only cemented that tfw no cake to chug beer with long into the night

I was drawn to Sara from the start. Though Fie and Towa cannot be ignored.

Good taste.

Ragna is good. Alwen sounds just so generic though. Needs more flighty Disney princess in her voice and less reading off the lines straight.

Is there any point to the pedometer in Zwei? Do you get some kind of reward for getting it high or can i unequip it?

archive.is/sLZS0

The retranslation of ys 8 by NISA has been delayed

The PC port has also been delayed

Anyone here would like to remind me why are there still retards that defend NISA?

How many more delays do you guys think there will be? I really doubt this will be the last if NISA wants to keep working with Falcom.

Ys VIII: coming June 2019

Thank you anons, I'll go crawling for that weapon. Zwei is really good, I'm really enjoying it so far. I started Trails too. The fact you can use some spells like skill shots is awesome.

I called it. I knew they wouldn't be able to fix it in such a short time. They put that offer on the table and like the dipshits they are said "Oh, yeah, it'll be fine". Well look where we are now. Falcom are also to blame for their hunger for that sweet dollar.

Because dood it's the only way to get the games over. Anyways why would you care about girls in games being covered up, you're not a pedo are you? /sarc
I'd really, really hope that this shows some Jap developers to say fuck NISA. Though it wouldn't surprise me if it just made them disregard the Western market just to avoid the drama.

Anyone know where to get the third dress? I'm just fucking about trying to find it while getting food before I try to fighting the Larva/Moth boss again.
And here I was thinking I was hot shit for fighting it at level 6 instead of 8, then it went and transformed.

welp now I won't stop thinking about that whenever I'm in the menu

That's actually probably the main reason. EOPs with no principles or standards who just want translations.

I did it, it took me a while, too long. I feel retarded, like a Kotaku blogger.

t. EOP

I like the character of Fie but it's getting kind of hard to swallow this "child soldier who is totally stronger than most adult soldiers" deal again. Either she's gonna be ouroboros or some jaeger group and either way it seems like it's reusing a plotline.

How embarrassing.

Fie is stronger than basic bitch soldiers, but she's weaker than her fellow jeagars. She might be better than Xeno and Leo in CS3…maybe.

Fucking knew it.
Doesn't matter, she still takes top priority in CS1 bonding events(do the other games have bonding events too?) right next to Gaius, Elliot and Emma

CS2 and CS3 do. The Crossbell games have kind of a proto version, but much less structured.

Not really. It’s still expanding on the world by offering a perspective. Then that perspective is expanded on in 2.

Fie's even better in CS2 tbh.

So, what's the deal with this? Do I need to have played the other Trails games to understand it or can I just jump right in? I finished the Sky Trilogy, but I have yet to start either Zero (PSP Patched) or Cold Steel (Steam) and I was wondering if I should pick it up since I'm a bit burned out of turned based strategy and saw this was more of an Ys-like affair.

Storywise that game has nothing to do with the other Kiseki games. It doesn't even seem to take place in the same world.
Gamplay wise it's very similar to Zwei.

There's a new fan translation coming out next year so you should probably wait for that. It's pretty much a sequel to Zwei 2, and it improves a lot. One of my favorite Falcom games.

Never mind. You get it right after you beat the moth. What a pointless place to put it.

Need some help with Zwei 2 aka Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection.
Are there any missables? What to do with Odd Pet Food? I expect to get another item in the chain but all the animals I gave it just gave me a bit of money. Is it possible to lock yourself out of the quest if you fuck up?

Does anyone know if you can re-fight bosses later on in Zwei?

You can in the G-Collosseum. Gonna be joke when you're over-leveled though.

Have a better version

Have an undub
mega.nz/#!Bw5SURQK!fsrMwjX72trMpoXK3Vx6kKn7cgcj1h5sf5E1OSqgA0s

LEWD THE IMOUTO

She will never take off her armor and show off her Aurelia-tier abs.

I’d imagine her abs would put even Aurelia’s to shame.

But I need my breather room for back tracking/food stock up time first.

welp, looks like uncontrolled and untagged spoilers killed the falcom general on fullchan. Sad, that place was pretty good for talking about Trails games. Then CS3 came out and killed it.

This general slowed down too. It will pick back up when

A: we get a solid date for CS2 PC
B: we get info on CS3 localization
C: we get info on Last Saga

We're kind of in limbo until at least one of those things happens.

Ran out of Falcom games.

Until the Ao translation is done there's nothing to say really.

Why'd they make her so sexy in CS3, tho? I was never a sarafag before, but she's really something else in this game.

I wish more drawfags would make Sara art. Nips don't appreciate cakes like we do.

What is there not to like about Sara? She's an excellent balance to Fie and Towa.

It'll be interesting to see how Mint turns into that. CS2 PC cannot come fast enough.

This is fullchan. I sure hope you don't still go to cuckchan.

Mint is great in CS3. A lot of the old students got expanded roles and VA and it was really nice to see.

I was always a sarafag since she first came in, and she just gets more sexy with each game. Supreme cake.

Have you played the game at all? The pic doesn't even do her justice compared to her in-game model IMO

If you haven't figured it out yet:
You have to give it to the Chef at the Panda Inn for the next trade item. Do not give it to an animal.

she's perfect

holy fuck that took a long time. Seems like they explained almost everything from 1200 years ago to now.

>Fire and Earth Sept-Terrions merged to form Steel

No wonder Falcom liked it so much.

So from what I've heard there's no save transfer into CS3. Is there at least any option to say who you did events with in the previous game, or does everything assume Alisa won the Reanbowl?

It assumes no one did. Final bond events, even Alisa's, are for all intents and purposes non canon. I wouldn't be shocked if CS3 works similarly due to the odd way it handles it's own final bond events. Hell you can choose the romantic option for Alisa, Laura and Emma and it doesn't stop you. Also it doesn't change a single line of dialogue or scene later in the game. I can only figure they're just going to save it all for Last Saga. Depending on how late into development 3 and LS were split, I can definitely see how CS3's final bonds got such as weird treatment.

OKAY YOU FALCOM LOVERS, I HAVE QUESTION

I HAVE PLAYED MOST OF THE YS GAMES AND PLAN ON PLAYING THE TWO I HAVEN'T PLAYED YET EVETUALLY. HOWEVER, I HAVE NEVER PLAYED ANY OTHER NIHON FALCOM GAMES EXCEPT TRAILS IN THE SKY.

IF I WANT TO PLAY SOME OTHER NIHON FALCOM GAME, WHICH SHOULD I START WITH? I HAVE A 3.60 ENSO VITA, A 3DS (I DON'T THINK THEY HAVE ANY GAMES ON THIS), AND A DECENT PC.

PICTURE UNRELATED

Brandish series, especially Dark Revenant, psp so you can get it on your vita as a warning the older games are quite dated, original came out in '91
Xanadu Next
Zwei 2

There is actually at least one game on 3ds, Gurumin, it's also on PC though.

Toasters can run falcom games with ease.

Let me guess-
But not Becky

how in the ever loving fuck do you get this chest?

CS3 Tio is such a cuter. Her and Altina both.

Jesus titty-fucking christ what has Aksys done

I stumbled upon this game and downloaded it just for hecks.
Is it actually related to Ys or another Falcom series?

It's Japanese name ist Zwei 2 and it's the sequel to Zwei!!.

The Zwei games are like 99% their own thing.

Oh wow, good thing I didn't start playing it yet, then.
I'll check the first one first, thanks.

Yes she is.

It's got fuck all to do with the first game. It's a sequel in name and mechanics only

I should've clarified, I meant to focus on the voiced part, since I knew most of, if not all of the name former students would show up. Is she voiced?

Apparently there's a pretty recent, incomplete but fully playable, translation patch here:
bofgames.com/projects/zwei/
Anyone got a link for the actual japanese PC game?

Every Thors Alum is voiced.

Holy shit.
XSEED WHEN???

The fan translation of the first game isn't finished yet though. You can play the second game without having played the first one first. It takes place at a new location and only hast a few old characters.

I'd really rather check the first one first.
I hate playing sequels before the actual first installments.

user we both know NISA is going to get CS3

fuck off

Kondo would have to be pretty fucking retarded to greenlight NISA touching any of their games again.

That trolling doesn't work any more warrior of NISA. They broke their promise. Falcom will very likely never deal with them again. Falcom wouldn't care about a shitty translation probably. But no way they'll forgive them for failing to deliver on their promise and impacting Falcom's fiscal report.

No, stop it.
NO
no, please

That's one sexy demon loli.

The door is fake. You can just pull it away with the Claw Gear.

Fucking hell

Just finished CS3. There are no words to describe what the fuck just happened. I think I'm in mourning.

Also this is some next-level creepy shit. Spoilers obviously.

I seriously doubt anyone but Millium is actually dead and she'll probably end up being a talking sword or something. I really don't see them killing Olivert and Toval off. It had just been Victor, who was covered in death flags, I'd buy it, but not all three.

NIGHTMARE FUEL

Nobody ever mourns the hundreds of poor guards killed in TiTS2
Id agree with you though dunno about Toval however

Thanks. Just started a new game+. Almost dropped it before I realize you could skip dialogue with ctrl.

Given that Dunan and Phillip are only knocked out it's extremely vague if those guards are even killed at all. There certainly isn't any **blood, like when you see the ILF slaughtered by Red Constallation or the Imperial Soldiers at the attack on Garrellia Fortress.*"

So is it a good idea to return the gold medal or does it increase your luck somehow?

Pretty sure you need to give it back so one of the later steps in the trade quest can happen. Don't quote me on this tho.

I thought the first one is the Hawk Statue.
There are also hints at an item that increases model drop rate. Havent found every accessoire yet though.

No I mean if you don't give him the coin he won't be in the ninja village later on to be part of the trading sequence.
Either way it's pretty much pointless if it boosts model drop rates when the game shits them out at you when you start doing those lvl 99 dungeons.

I tried trails in the sky a while back but the combat was just too fucking slow and really took me out of the game. I can't play leisurely paced JRPGs any more

You could always use cheat engine to increase the game speed, Cold Steel is also notably faster paced.

The sky games have a turbo mode now.

Oh shit, nice. How can I pirate the first one? I want to see if this fixes the issue before I buy it (played the game initially on one of my brothers PCs).

How do you get into the mushroom mudbath in Starry Peak/Sword Shrine Ascent?
also How do you get past the gates that say "Rabbits Only" in Luna Mundus.Lunar Gallery?
Those are the last regular treasures I'm missing and then I need to find the last widget.

Not sure if there's a place to get the most recent updates that have it other than Steam.

Don't destroy the second anti gravity orb and use the Glide Gear to glide of the platform and then to the left. You can find a bunny enemy there that follows you slowly and opens the doors. (Don't forget to disable your pet.)
It will also drop the last widget.

I managed to do it without using the glide gear. Just don't destroy the orb.

Thanks

Oh shit, voiced Aurelia in CS2 PC. Still not a done deal or anything but it's another hint XSeed might be working on CS3.

twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/927657507820048389

Alright found all the treasure finally. So there is a new game plus right? Because I missed a bunch of character notes.

Is this legit or is it dolphin porn? Gonna add it to the OP for next thread.

Can't get over the ending of Cold Steel 3. What a humiliating defeat.. I can't believe Rean and co. marched in there to face Osborne and ended up losing to the dragon, which set off the chain of events that caused him to lose control and do the very thing the antagonists wanted to happen. It's even worse than CS1's ending because losing to an outlaw and fleeing is not nearly as bad as confronting the head of government and losing in such a pathetic fashion. How the fuck does he even recover from this? Will he finally grow a pair and stop being Osborne's pawn in CS4?

I tried to stay away, but I heard whispers that CS3 was bad and unfulfilling. I need to know what happened. Preferably with as few spoilers as possible, but if it's necessary, do it.

Bad, no. Unfulfilling, in some ways. It answers a lot of questions about what's happening, but the game ends on the most sour note of any game in the series. Essentially, you lose the final boss fight and the antagonists get what they want, then the game ends.

It is far and away the most densely packed Trails game with a shitton of lore, answers and backstories. The only issue some people are having is that it doesn't end the arc and ends on a cliffhanger. It's "unfulfilling" in the sense that there's still a whole other game to go. I got over being mad after sleeping on it, because honestly I'm just really excited. It'll probably be a real fast turnaround like CS2 was and I'm really happy there's still a game's worth of story left. If CS3 is the benchmark for the quality of that story then it's gonna be great.

Seriously? That's how we end the Cold Steel arc? Jesus, I guess the Calvard kids have to come in and save the day. Damned cliffhangers. At least they don't spoil it like Ao did to Crossbell.

To clarify, it's not a bad game. It's a very fun game with tons of really cool moments. But it just has the most miserable ending of any game I've ever played, and they did it intentionally to make the player feel as if all hope was lost.

No. Erebonia isn't over. There will be another game, it says so in the ending. The last thing you see is Valimar chained up and a message telling you basically not to be mad because it's not over, and the story will be continued in "Sen no Kiseki: Last Saga"

Oh, there's going to be a CS4? Falcom just can't write a story within the scope of a game. FC and SC were supposed to be one big game, and so were the first two CS games. I suppose I can at least be happy they don't pare things down or just release it unfinished.

Well, I guess I can be ok with that. How was the story, in terms of quality? Did it reach Sky levels again? Are the character's… character stronger in this game?

Other than the ending, the story was very good. The only real issue I had was the fact that you spend the whole game alternating between the roles of instructor for new class 7 and a pawn on Osborne's chess board who follows orders to go fight Ouroboros at the end of each chapter. Besides that, it waams great. Each chapter was loaded with action, finally getting to fight and beat Arianrhod and her stahlritter all together at once was very satisfying, and the game reveals a lot.

In the big picture, this ending may be a blessing in disguise. If Rean finally says fuck it and breaks free from Osborne's little chess game, then the 4th game could be awesome.

Well alright then. One last thing before I go dark again. What was so bad about YS 8's localization. I looked at the examples link, and while some of that grammar is bad, it's doesn't look like enough to make a President apologize andale the call for a re-translation. I can't even see the problem in a few of them. NISA has done worse and not apologized. Did I miss something?

I thought I was going to hate Nu Class VII going in to this game. I wasn't sold on the concept of new characters midway through and thought it would be dull. I ended up absolutely loving the new characters, in spite of the bias I had going in. Not just the characters either. Rean works way better as a teacher than he ever did as a student and while not all of them extremely fleshed out, giving the old C7 kids post school lives and goals helped them quite a bit too. I was surprised how much role they were able to have in the story. Hell characters from previous arcs have great moments in this. Randy remains fantastic and I was surprised how well Tita for into everything.

I liked CS1 and 2. I still enjoy them. But they really do end up feeling like a 130 hour prologue once you play CS3. That's the difference in action and importance I'm talking here. Of course, without that prologue the emotional payoffs wouldn't land so satisfyingly, just like with SC after FC. This arc just runs an even longer game.

Funny you say that because I was just thinking today how trivial the events in CS1 and 2 feel now compared to 3. At the time, obviously the big twists and reveals felt huge, but compared to what we see in CS3 it all just feels.. cute, I guess? Kind of like listening to a 10 year old girl cry over her first boyfriend.

Just beat Celceta. I can definitely see why people consider it and the Ys games with party systems being the weaker installments. The game did have a lot of good things about it (a couple memorable tracks, solid (albeit not as fun as other installments) gameplay, custom upgrades to weapons and armor, fun skills to use, interesting areas), but I felt that a lot of the good things of the game were overshadowed by the flaws (mostly forgettable soundtrack, party system gameplay made it too easy on easier difficulties, no real punishment for having one of your characters dying (the abundance and availability of potions making it even less punishing for being hit), forcing you to switch characters for certain in-game actions, UNSKIPPABLE CUTSCENES (can't even speed through them), forced railroading making you paranoid of going down one path in fear of triggering plot advancement as well as preventing you from going back until you advance the plot enough to freely explore again, rather unsatisfying final boss (more so if you went and beat the optional boss prior to the last boss fight), the abrupt ending with no ending scenes of what the other characters did after the last part (deliberately leaving it vague)). All in all, it was a pretty fun game, but as a Ys game, it definitely wasn't one of the best ones (that goes to Origin and Oath, though I and II chronicles were a lot of fun too). I can only see myself playing it once more if I get an urge to go through all the games again.

As far as all the CS3 spoilers, I'll probably end up forgetting a lot of what I see here by the time I even get to play it much less the entire Trails series. Got enough things to do in life and games to play I need to keep track of as it is.

It wasn't just the translation, though that was awful. I think there was also some super borked stuff and they fucked up a bunch of item descriptions. That wasn't the big thing. The big thing was the PC release was supposed to be simultaneous. It's still not out. Nor will it be this year. They've already fucked Falcom's fiscal year and the simultaneous PC release was a big part of the pitch that landed NISA the gig on the first place. Also all the fixes for those translation problems have also been delayed to next year.

There's probably a ton I'm forgetting. It was a massive trainwreck and for once it's actually coming back to bite them, thank God. Falcom might not care about a bad translation, but I don't see them doing future business with NISA after they fucked their bottom line that hard.

Well then, I guess that's just fine. Time for me to go dark again. Thanks for the reassurances. Hopefully I'll be able to play it myself soon,

Holy fuck, this is the mother of all failures. I'd be surprised if they got games from anyone other than NIS after this.

It's legit, works for me so far with no issues.

It's funny and probably intentional that all throughout CS1/2 Rean comes across on many occasions as a teacher to class 7, now he's just more direct about it.

I assume that last part was a mistake, fucking over the fiscal year will certainly leave an impact since Falcom will likely have made promises/predictions based upon simultaneous pc release, exemplified by their statements about aiming for pc ports as a focus.

We'll need a new thread soon. As soon as we hit page 13. Sadly I still only have my phone, so I can't.

It's pretty shitty so far. You lose too much stuff IMO. I think you can get a new pet and 1 new gear from the 2 grey icons I see and don't remember from my first playthrough. Haven't bothered to complete it yet.

Alright where the hell is the entrance to this dungeon? I'm missing 4 treasures before I fill up the museum, then all I have to do is the shitty snowboarding game.

Does your level and hunter rank at least carry over?

new bread