STALKER

Been playing Call of Pripyat this weekend, didn't see a thread in the catalog…

STALKER thread? Anybody else play Pripyat recently?

Other urls found in this thread:

bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/call-of-chernobyl/commits/
moddb.com/mods/zone-of-alienation-mod
youtube.com/user/bionerd23/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=9LN2V4DsP0s
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/aesthetic-menu
moddb.com/mods/xray-pda
atlasobscura.com/places/bob-cassillly-cementland
fanfiction.net/s/6081384/1/The-Way-Home
metacognix.com/files/stlkrsoc/
mega.nz/#F!Z7RjwaBS!PYNDw9ugMSojbpUDgIACHQ!xnRngDYK
pastebin.com/WcZi44T2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Threadly reminder that the best way to play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is irl.

Didnt coc get an update?

Wouldn't be surprised if 1.5 isn't out for another 3+ months. 1.5r6 is still very broken.

GUNSLINGER WHEN?
U
N
S
L
I
N
G
E
R

W
H
E
N
?

Every morning or every few hours I check this to see where and how 1.5 is progressing.
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/call-of-chernobyl/commits/

Well we ever have a STALKER successor with intense survival gameplay and multiplayer?

You could always try Stalker Online

I didn't know games journalists were so fluent in Latin :^)

I'm okay with this. Let's see if we can produce a viable pregnancy.

I want Freedumb to leave.

Do you respect me?

But just like Postal 3, that's just a ripoff Russian game by Vodka kikes who don't know why STALKER was fucking good.

moddb.com/mods/zone-of-alienation-mod

requesting this but with loner virgin walk vs monolith chad

It's fun but it's too unstable for any practical use.

military and loners master race
duty a shit

i've just realized that duty, freefags and mercs are red green and blue like the starters in pokemon no wonder you bulbasaur fags picked freedom

Reminder that Ray of Home is working with the dev of Gunslinger and it's actually turning out to be pretty /rad/.

mercenaries are gay
diddling little boys for gibs

Reminder that Ray of Nope is now a shitty dayz clone.

When did you retards decide that RoH is now a DayZ clone? There is nothing in there that makes it like a shit open world survival meme game. It's S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in multiplayer with improved visuals and a new map.

Mercenaries are god-tier. Only second to the Loners.
Duty, freecucks and Military are shit. Bandits and Monolith are average-tier.

It was the developers that said that it was going to be a dayz clone.

Oh boy.

thats all i needed to know

dropped

Spoken like a true jew.

You overestimate them. They're a bunch of criminals who don't believe in anything. They're just there to escape prison, rape newfags and make money for killing random people. They're the lowest of scum and yet you call a trained professional Mercenary group Jewish.
They're there to make money and do their job. The other factions are there because they love homicide. They're shit factions and only likable because they sometimes gather together to listen to music. That's it.

Shit, they did? When? The game looks fine to me. When did they say it was going to be a DayZ clone?

Entering into a contract that you're fully aware will result in murder and the like is not the same as 'just doing my job'. Mercs don't care about anything other than their pay-check, at least the other factions bandits aside and Loners have some driving motivation other than greed.

Oh dear user, first playthrough?

Thrilling.

Great, now I have to deal with toxic elements in the Zone too. Fash get out.

>5.56

Cool someone made an actual version of the shitty edited version I made.

That's not the Gunslinger animator you blyat.

You do know that Duty is mosty ex-Military right?
And how is Military better then Duty? all they care about is keeping people out of the zone and shooting lone STALKERs that have Makarovs and broken AKs, Duty at least wants to destroy the Zone or try stop it from expanding.

No sever or modding tools, meaning it's locked to official servers only (so far they have only confirmed 2 servers the RU/EU sever being first and a US server being done potentially sometime later after that) So fuck you if you just want to go stalking with some buddies or some fellow Streloks.
I think the radiation has gotten to your head stalker.

Fucking what?
The Military is there to keep people from entering the Zone and sometimes do special operations in the Zone for the Ukrainian government
Duty consists of mostly ex-military that wants to prevent the Zone and anything in it from expanding and reaching the rest of the world, and if possible to destroy the Zone entirely
Freedom want to let the Zone expand and open it up like it's a tourist attraction
Monolith are being controlled by the C-Consciousness, whatever the person was like before they entered the Zone doesn't matter now since they are brainwashed
Ecologists are a bunch of nerds that are there to study the Zone for the Ukrainian government, most of them probably don't even know what end to point the gun at
Clear Sky was pretty much Ecologists with guns and better training but without the government's influence
Mercenaries are just guns for hire and nothing else
The only fraction that fits that is Bandits but even then not all of them love killing, they just wouldn't think twice about putting a bullet into a comrade's back if it meant having that half eaten loaf of bread for themselves.

Go see a Doc, that much radiation in the brain isn't good for you.

Thanks for the cancer

Check your non-mutant privilege.

Also Monolith is a good faction.

I refuse to return to the zone user, I only just cured myself of my squat addiction.

Pleb Chart

Just installed Stalkan soup, going to enjoy it tomorrow.

For some reason i read that as Niggerslinger.

He's a rookie alright.

What the fuck
Whose dick do I have to suck to get access to the repo?

I had these sitting in my SOC folder since forever.

CODEMONKEY FIX YOUR SHIT

What are they adding in 1.5 anyway? Usually when I stop playing CoC I wait until a new update drops before I get into stalkan again, but I'm getting the urge while I don't know what to play now.

What' a good mod that only replaces weapons' viewmodels?
I can stand everything vanilla but the models.

Original Weapons Renewal I think.

youtube.com/user/bionerd23/videos

Videos of trips to the zone by some scientist. Like the infamous hospital basement: youtube.com/watch?v=9LN2V4DsP0s

I know someone said it before, but what is the name of the movie that is used in this? (and is it worth watching?)

fucking hell this looks good
What's the point? Isn't CoC superior to any of the individual games at this point? Or have they not yet fully integrated each individual game's single player campaign into CoC yet?

They can always port it over. CoC is a more of a sandbox for people to mess around with and mod the hell out of than just a game.

this planet is gay as fuck

moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/aesthetic-menu
check here, maybe the source is in the comments.

go stalkan in an abandoned cement factory guarded by a PMC y/n

Why the fuck would a PMC be guarding an abandoned cement factory?

I've been playing CoC as Clear Sky, turned off the brain scorcher at 7am today, making my way over to Jupiter to investigate the different X-Labs and use the hotel key at some point.
Still using the 7K rouble armour, an M16 and an MP5-SD modded out and I'm packing a Gauss Rifle from Limansk for shits and giggles.

dont ask questions goyim :^) or you will be of worm food

Is anyone here using the X-Ray PDA chat addon? Cause it seems kinda fucking dead.

I tried to get it to work, but it fucked with my game and made it crash on start-up. All I'm using is a fucking weapons mod

some guy tried to make it into a huge adult playground and died before it was finished

Didn't they start banning people because "muh racism"?

I used it but i had to sacrifice the improved save addon. It also seems to be incompatible with the lost to the zone addon as well.

Not that im aware of. That was CRC back in the day, this one is pretty ambitious but it looks promising
moddb.com/mods/xray-pda

I'm not sure if that's the same thing as what I'm thinking of, but if it is then that thing died months ago. Got spammed to hell by those autistic gamerfood faggots.
Shame too, since it was comfy as hell talking about random shit with people while strolling around the zone. There's some guys who wanted to remake it, but I haven't checked up on them in a while.

That still doesn't make any sense, but whatever. To answer your question, Yes.

read

Its not CRC. Its new and improved and also have plans for a phone app and dynamic maps. Ambitious but knowing the magic of mods I wouldnt be surprised if they pull it off.

atlasobscura.com/places/bob-cassillly-cementland

Forgot to mention it also has plans for trading items and cash with another player. Its all on the moddb page so ill let anons judge for themselves. Personally I think its great we got a chat mod back and its better than CRC, sadly it seems dead and to use it you have to sacrifice a few addons. Maybe this will be improved by the time 1.5 comes outNEVEREVER

Would it simulate a trade with an NPC, so you'd have to pay for what you're being offered, or would it allow players to just hand shit over for nothing?

Thats pretty sad.

I have no fucking clue m8. I'd assume its players being able to trade anything they want, be it money for an items or items for items. Im sure the mod page has more info that i missed.

Ah right, something different then.

Sounds kinda gay, but they probably won't force it on you anyway. I'd be interested to see what Dynamic maps would look like, but then how will it fit with CoC? Unless I misunderstand.
If anything I'm surprised this isn't more 'hyped'. The CRC which was just a simple chatbox with death messages was pretty popular until it died.

Well damn. That's one tragedy after another. Still wonder why they'd put a security outfit there though. Trespassers may be an annoyance, but that can't be cheap.
On second thought, probably don't go there if you don't want to get shot or die in some other retarded way.

probably because of the fire or its a good staging area for organized crime

They wont, atleast I hope. They just want a phone app cause muh immersion and muh augmented reality.
It's supposed to be a map where every player that's logged in is visible on it. Now if that's going to be integrated into CoC I have no idea.
I'm surprised as well, maybe because there isn't enough word of mouth? Maybe because people are cautious and scared it'll die again like CRC or that it'll be cucked so badly because people are babies and cant stand the sight of the word nigger that it just wont be worth using? Maybe they're waiting for the functions like trading and such? Maybe because it conflicts with addons like the save one and lost to the zone like I previously mentioned?

Who knows.

Has anyone else ever found an exoskeleton in a normal random stash? I once found one (bandit model) in Cordon.

usually find them in red forest in SOC

Oh, I think people have tried

there's a surprise.

It gave the music credits, but not the movie unfortunately

Are you blind? It's right there, only 5 posts below the music source.
He even embedded the entire movie in his post.

Can somebody please tell me if Stalker games on Steam are DRM-free or not?

is it bad that im curious as to HOW they "tried"?lack of holes? was it alive or dead? What goes through the mind of a freedomer to try and do this?

Pretty sure all steam games are DMR'd. Get the GOG version if you want drm free shit. Or you could plunder the internet.

What's sad about it is that it is implied he failed

ok now im even more curious.

Not all games on Steam have DRM. Some older games have no DRM and it's possible to play them without Steam (once you download them of course).

On this note…Think that the zone has some sort of imageboard? zonechan?

Computers were cut from the game

yeah but PDAs werent

why live

>>>/radcorp/

No you don't understand S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
You can shitpost on imageboards if you mod it back into the game

Well if you're dead you cant play stalker so there's that.

Good job fucking up that link with a spoiler faggot but yeah you're kinda right

Oh my fuck i can see it now. An entire mod dedicated to a zonechan option on your PDA.

What would computers have been used for anyway? Then again, I still fondly remember the computer interface in Second Sight or the internet in Front Mission 3. I wish more games allowed you to navigate a fake network for shit and giggles.

If I lost a fight to that thing I would forcibly reenter my body just to I could kill myself out of embarrassment.

Dont forget most faction leaders and traders have a working computer. So they probably have some sort of network.

Lots of things. Even the computers were affected by the Zone.
Also pic related when you try to bang a Bloodsucker

I imagine they would have some basic BBS system in place to share information and disseminate data to agents on the field as well. I mean, it would be pretty useful to be able to share current safe routes thorough the zone or mutant migration patterns. I wish there was some system in place like the one in GTA IV where you can contact friends and allies to do stuff for you, like bring you supplies, come help you out on a mission or simply meet you at a specific location.

Why tho?

You are not true STALKER till you try it and succeed.

Agreed, though some stuff you said about contact friends part might be a bit broken in terms of gameplay, calling for backup wouldnt be a terrible idea.

Also are you talking from experience? :^)
Freedumb detected.

You know nothing of the zone.

I know that I wouldnt go sticking my dick in disgusting, putrid mutants.

I don't know user, there are a few bangable vegans out there.

Oh god no They'd keel over and die as soon as you touch them.

fanfiction.net/s/6081384/1/The-Way-Home
There was an author who started out by writing fanfiction, after The Way Home comes Freedom, which portrays Freedom in a more positive read: Brutally Slaughtered by Duty+Military light.

That shit alone would draw me back into the zone Just so I could fap over their corpses

It wouldn't be anything that special. You ring you a buddy and tell him to bring you supplies (depending on location) and then you pay him. As for allies you could use a reputation currency like in Bannerlord to ring up a few guys to help you assault enemy bases.

Hippies exists to be bullied.

Here's my first playthrough attempt, how rookie/10 am I?

Is there a multiplayer for this game yet?
I've heard they were working on a mod a long time ago and they just developed an online chat or something, but is there a way to actually do it multiplayer?

Eh, im okay with that.

Atleast you're better than this cunt
But you're using the binocs waaayy too much, not firing in semi and not enough leaning imho.

meant to link this user when i said you're better than him

if they added helmet overlays i would cum

Not bad, learn to aim tho. AP round works better on armored niggers if they're not dying after shooting them multiple times, or just shoot their face. Stop pulling your binocs out every time you kill someone. 6.5/10, apply yourself.

haven't played stalker ever, anons say it's good.
should i play it?
also which one should i get?

Get Shadow of Chernobyl, ensure it's patched to 1.0005 (version is displayed on the main menu) and then download and install this metacognix.com/files/stlkrsoc/
If you're a pleb you might also want a graphical upgrade mod but I think it's unnecessary for a first time playthrough.

Start with Shadow of Chernobyl modded with The Zone Reclamation Project.
If you like Shadow of Chernobyl's story and want to learn more about it then suffer through Clear Sky to learn more, then head to Call of Pripyat.
If you liked Shadow of Chernobyl's atmosphere and gameplay, but thought that the story was kind of boring, then skip to Call of Chernobyl and have fun modding to your hearts content.

sick as cheers m8's

Get the RadioPhobia mod for Shadow of Chernobyl.
Skip Clear Sky completely because any attempt to merge Arsenal Overhaul with any other graphical mod will result in crashes.
Then get Call of Pripyat - where the real Stalkin' begins and come back here again to ask what's the best mod. There are a bunch of god-tier ones in development right now.
You could, but I'm not sure if you should.
RadioPhobia is pretty much superior. ZRP simply fixes some bugs and adds some little things.

lad you're recommending radiophobia to a new stalker. what the fuck are you doing

Turning him into a man.

This is not good advice for a first time player.
Oh dear.

baby steps fam, baby steps

Note that Clear Sky is shit.

Kek, I've never heard of Radiophobia before, what does it do?

Also Clear Sky isn't wall to wall shit, it's worth playing at least once. I'd probably recommend anons to start playing it and if they get bored at any point to skip to CoP rather than push through it. You'd want Sky Reclamation Project (like ZRP) for CS.

pros:

cons (at least for new stalkers):
just play SoC with some fixes.

Wasn't STALKER always like this? Granted I'm used to CoCk and on there even if you're kitted out with an exoskeleton a random bandit kitted out in adidas armour will still mow you down with a 1 second burst from a CZ-61 while the player's forced to go for headshots exclusively due to how time_to_aim fucks you in the ass.

That sounds like a great mod, however i'm already playing Stalkersoup. Also does anyone know how the fuck do you dual wield and what is tactical vest for and how do i use it?

Let us take a minute to have a moment of silence for the anons we've lost to the Zone.

H-how about for the anons that dare not to enter the zone?
I always read this threads, but I'm too big of a wimp to play it myself ;_;

You never got the real ending or payed any attention.

Go back and play Splatoon or something you fucking sissy.

call of pripyat is so fucking short, what a waste

I played CS on release and it was an awful game, I've never replayed it but in every CoP playthrough I've always gotten the CS armour ASAP and in every mod that allows me to choose or ally with a faction I've gone with CS. I definitely don't regret playing Clear Sky despite never wanting to play it again.

for what purpose

So which game are these rules for?

Real Life.

Noosphere, Collective Unconsious, some convoluted plot about the death trucks and monolith agents?
It felt out of place. I thought it was way cooler just to travel around the zone and listen the guitars while drinking vodka. The story was dumb in my opinion. Even a plot about the USSR performing experiments to make super soldiers would have fit more than the Noosphere ramblings at the true end.

It's pretty obvious that the ending of SoC was rushed

But that's what they were doing in the zone, among other things. that's were many of the mutants come from

>intend to get the poison containers to gas some jews bloodsuckers jews
>NOW
>cyka blyad
LOST TO THE ZONE

With all this talk about mods for STALKER, it reminds me of a list someone made of all the recommended mods and what each one does for each game. Does anyone still have that list? Also willing to try out the mods listed here.

This one? Maybe not but it's probably the most recent I have.

I know I've lost a gun or two because of those fuckers.
I also remember having my raifu get shot out of my hands once by a bandit, probably part of one of the mods I was using.

Took me a while to figure out what happened, but I'm guessing he also hit the rifle as I dropped it, which sent it flying and broke it.

That's what was happening in spots like X18, but at the NPP is all noosphere nonsense. The NPP should have had the wish granter turn the user into some horrible monster that is one of the strongest weapons of Monolith or something. I mean, what is Monolith even doing? C-Conciousness says they're trying to fix the zone, but they're also attracting stalkers to the NPP with the Wish Granter? What sense does that make? Do they want stalkers at the center of the zone or not?

The true plot to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is that the centre of the zone is an unstable portal to the planet of the Cheeki Breekis named Cheeki Breekia, where Slavs drink vodka and squat all day while listening to hard bass. Soviet scientists had attempted to open a portal to this realm in the 80's but it consumed far too much energy and risked rupturing to the point it could engulf the entire planet. The scientists were able to seal it temporally but it would lead to an eventual blowout which spewed forth unstable Cheeki Breeki energies and radiation into the surrounding landscape mutating and warping the environment eventually forming the zone. Everyone who came into contact with the zone eventually became corrupted by Cheeki Breeki energies slowly transforming into a lifeform resembling a Cheei Breekian native. The goal of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was to travel into the heart of the zone, find and enter the portal, travel to Cheeki Breekia, encounter the Slav King and challenge him to a vodka drinking competition and then utilize the power of Hard Bass to collapse the zone once and for all.

t. normalfaggot who watches cancer like Boris and calls Stalker the "Dark Souls of FPS"

A lot of what I just said was actually true, but you'd know that if you actually payed attention to the game.

Never understood why, since this chart is pretty comprehensive otherwise.

I'll warn you user that there was a trend around ~2010 for slavic 'kitchen sink' mods like soup and you probably want to avoid them if you want any quality control.

user did you pay any attention to the fucking storyline?

Storyline or the ending? The storyline was fairly interesting and simple story about finding out who you were, and unraveling the mystery of who Strelok was until you got the twist of You are the Strelok.
The ending however, barely had anything to do with this.
Instead the ending surrounded the wish granter, which lured in Stalkers to meet their end, and C-Conciousness, which came completely out of nowhere and suddenly dumped exposition on you. Apparently they were trying to remove all negative emotions from humanity, but screwed up and created the Zone. They say that they're trying to fix the Zone, but they just bunker around the NPP and kill everyone who gets close. They also brainwash people or something for some reason? Sending agents into the Zone to do stuff. They also use the Death Trucks to send them around the Zone, but are these agents exclusively captures by Monolith? Why not just send Monolith agents in the first place? Or is the brainwashing thing how Monolith guys are made? Are all the Monolith dudes marked with the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. mark? How the hell could they have gotten confused who Strelok was to the level where they brainwash him to kill Strelok? Why does C-Conciousness suddenly find Strelok to be a good candidate to join them?
If my confusion means I didn't pay attention, then I guess I didn't. If this is secretly a genius ending, and isn't contrived or pulled out of someone's ass, then please explain the ending to me. I love stalker, and the ending left a bad taste in my mouth. To the point where I skipped Clear Sky all together and only installed Call of Pripyat to set up Call of Chernobyl. It just seems like a convoluted and unorganized ending that doesn't do the rest of the game justice.

Monolith are the stalkers brainwashed by them, to prevent people from finding out the truth behind their existence. They brainwash them into blind fanaticism to protect the inner part of the Zone at all costs.
Typically they send Monolith soldiers who are well armed, well equipped and well experienced though brainwashed stalkers, but they're easy to pick out due to their speech patterns and are suitable for combat over espionage. They use lightly brainwashed stalkers like the Marked One to blend in and kill critical targets.
They use the death trucks as a means of transporting the agents they send for assassination runs.
All brainwashed agents of the C-Consciousness carry the same tattoo that Strelok does.
The C-Consciousness didn't realize who Strelok was, and as an oversight sent Strelok to go assassinate Strelok.
They offer for him to join them since he's pretty much one of if not the first people to actually meet the C-Consciousness and as a backdoor way of preventing him from leaving, knowing the true secret of the NPP.

I won't bother repeating too much of what this user has said because he's covered the basics.
The first thing to understand is that noosphere shit and secret government labs are pretty much both standard slavic concepts that show up in many books, films and games: they'd expect the average player to have a pretty good grasp of these ideas. You're also getting only a translated explanation, the original slavic dialogue was likely clearer.
After the first Chernobyl disaster (the real life one) the Soviet government set up a bunch of secret labs for crazy conspiracy theory research in the exclusion Zone: might as well since it's empty of faggots and inherently protected from prying eyes. They are researching the noosphere which in Stalker is a permanently existing psychic field that all of humanity contributes to. This is where the brainwashing capability comes from: it'd be stupid useful for the USSR to be able to make fanatical, unquestioning troops at will so they invested in this research. Ditto for brain-scorching (Zombie making) tech for the purposes of fucking up the West. While they were researching this brain control stuff they more or less stumbled upon the C-Con concept. Note also the gauss rifle, another piece of tech that would be useful to the USSR (Clear Sky retcons this into being made by the Clear Sky faction but then they're a spin-off of the original scientists anyway). The more humanoid mutants are partly a result of secret testing in the labs too.
After the USSR collapsed the labs kept doing their secret work and the scientists wanted instead to use their research into the noosphere make the world a better place (probably as a result of experiencing the USSR). It's impossible for one human to influence it so they form the C-Con to influence it as a group. The C-Con tries to influence the noosphere to make everyone peaceful or whatever but fuck up and cause the second Chernobyl incident: this makes a lot of the weird shit like anomalies and the wish granter and the Zone proper as it's shown in-game by damaging the noosphere. The zone is now full of valuable artefacts and governments worldwide know it's also full of ex-Soviet super-tech. The mercs, for example, are often Western supported black-ops trying to get this shit. Thousands of stalkers descend on the zone for any number of reasons, government-backed and not.
After this fuck up the C-Con does all of this to protect itself from any nosy groups & greedy Stalkers. They also try to fix their fuck up by containing the Zone and keep trying to influence the noosphere because muh idealism. A sub-set of the scientists involved think this is retarded and they should just clean/contain their mistake and give up on the project: they split off and form the Clear Sky faction from the prequel (though in-game it's never really explained this is where they originated).
Strelok and his group are the first faggots to bypass this protection (out of either greed or curiosity) and even though they fail this really fucking worries the C-Con. They capture him and the standard procedure with captured faggots is to brainwash them to kill a high value target: himself. As for exactly why this fuck up happened see Clear Sky's story.

The C-Con kind of works out how to control the zone (the wound in the noosphere) but has to occasionally release built up psychic energy: these are emissions. It can more or less pick when to do these so as well as using it as a valve to reduce pressure they used it to defend the C-Con: this is why one happens right near the end when the military are knocking on their door. SoC's original full ending implies that killing the C-Con actually removed the zone, CoP retcons this into Zone still existing just not in a controlled fashion. Emissions were supposed to happen constantly like in CS/CoP but they were cut due to SoC's crazy development.
That other user helped explain the wish granter but there's also the possibility that it makes the Zone a bit larger every time someone makes a wish. It's also just a fun monkey's paw ending as well as being a protective measure: people would want to find something in the centre of the Zone and all and the C-Con would prefer anyone who got that close died.
A lot of this requires you to constantly read your PDA as it updates, read every scrap of info about documents/what faggots say about them, read every available PDA (some you might not get unless people die), pay a lot of attention during the ending and ask Stalkers constantly for rumours etc. The other games expanded on this too (CoP in particular explicitly lays a lot of shit out) but it's certainly not an outright ass-pull in SoC, there are rumours of the wish-granter etc right from the start and if you pay attention in the labs/read things it's pretty clear roughly what's going on (experiments with psychic shit). As I said it's more obvious if you're already a slav or have read the book/seen the film and know slavic SF clichés. There's a fair bit of show over tell too, for example if you look at what X-16 is it's a fucking gigantic brain designed to influence the local noosphere which is how it messes with dude's minds. It was kept unclear because if you just rush through the game and get the wish granter ending you're supposed not to know what's going on. Note that the existence of a secret group of scientists in hidden labs is also established as early as getting the agropom documents.
Clear Sky helps explain a lot of how the Monolith, C-Con and brain-washing work + deals more with what Strelok and co were doing and why he got brainwashed. You really should play it if you want things laid out more clearly.

The original plot to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was a Half-Life ripoff

Stalker was also going to be weird futuristic shooter with robots and miniguns.

pretty much would contain everything the Strugatskys wrote melded into one setting

Nice! Thanks

Didn't someone implement an irc client in the PDA of CoC? It shouldn't be that much harder to bootstrap the chrome driver on top of it just for browsing and posting on an imageboard.

>(though in-game it's never really explained this is where they originated).
As far as I remember there is nowhere where this is revealed until you play CoP and get all kinds of secret documents from back before the second nuclear explosion which name the three founding members of Clear Sky, Lebedev, Suslov, and Kalancha, as the research leaders in some projects, if you actually never look at the descriptions of those documents you'd never find out that they used to be members of The Group and that the split occurred because the two opposing factions in The Group had different ideas on what to do about the Zone after they caused the second explosion

Guns that should be in every STALKER mod

If you're going to do all that, you might as well just use an overlay program like Steam, Xfire or any other related program, and browse with the game in the background.
Having an IRC chat implemented into the game, especially if it excludes players in the map you're in, would make the game feel like they're just other, slightly shit-posting NPCs.
NPCs should be able to shitpost and use their PDAs to set up ambushes though

Sage for doublepost
I have now been to every map except Zaton, the NPP and Generators.
Jupiter is fucking empty as shit.

I suspect you'd want it to tie into whoever you're playing as like CRC did.

The CoP maps only get populated once you disable the Brain Scorcher iirc. Though CoP maps are always a bit fucking empty.

Oh, it's also in either design documents or hidden game files in CS I think. I will say for all that I feel CoP was a step in the wrong direction I did like some of the background it provided.

Is it normal for everyone to be dead in Rostok? There's nothing but a pile of corpses lying around everywhere with only two loners standing around in the bar with Barkeep missing.

I'm gonna go with no.
What game are you playing, what mods and have you tried to fuck a bloodsucker yet?

How do you get the knife?
I took out the camp and didn't talk to Volk until after I turned in the quest.

If you listen to this faggot you should be shot

Is it an actual prone or did they just adjust the height of the crouch stances?

Would a STALKER game in America work? I know the original has a Zone in Canada/America but would a STALKER video game work in America or is the slavic disease way of life required for it to feel like STALKER?

I'm running CoC, only a weapons mod.

I started peeking around and it seems like Duty keeps firing on any Loners in the area, including me. I went over to their base any all I saw were more Loner and Duty corpses lying around. Plenty of ammo and loot for me.

As long as its depressing and atmospheric and keeps the nationalistic pride and references plus the low society aspect of it.

tell me user, do you remember who where the one who created Duty and Freedom?

You'd end up with a game where spics and niggers constantly fight each other, because America doesn't really have a gopnik or mentally deficient bosnian class of whites.

That said, rednecks are boring and familiar enough that Bubba McFudd with his shotgun in the zone would just feel horribly off.

C’est tout chevrette

I have no idea, according the the Relations screen, Duty should be neutral to Loners.
Ecologist is everyone's friend tho

One day we will get a game that doesn't involve the character closely inspecting his rifle while sprinting.
This is not that day.

So you're saying it would be more grounded in reality?

Nah, the stereotype of "Hey Cletus! Mom's looking real purdy toe-night *hyuck* " is boring.

Have you ever been to Florida?

Jesus fuck, is making single player PC games that unprofitable? Why does every dev have to shit out another DayZ clone? There should be a huge market eagerly waiting for another Stalker like game.

People still play this shitty mmo?
Help I cannot log out

There is only 1 way to log out

I've been fucking around with Lost Alpha DC 1.4 and I gotta say it's way better now and it feels finished. Great stuff.

You can find the Pre-Alpha from 2002 and other alpha builds too.

I suspect they just changed the height, we had an user here test it and your hitbox seems to be tied directing into your actual model.

You could make Clear Sky or Call of Pripyat in America but Shadow of Chernobyl needs the slavic post-Soviet atmosphere/outlook/weird conspiracy theory shit to work. Maybe if you set it in the rust belt you could manage it.

Holy crap it looks terrible. I'm so glad they improved NPC movement and behaviour from that. Can you imagine if the game was shipped like that?
It reminds me of a 90s FPS

You're retarded.
For a 2002 game it looks insanely good.

Dude it was a an Alpha, from 2002. They worked on it for around a year.

Well that's not weird considering it was based a lot on those games, especially Half-Life. But I gotta say the game looks great considering it's time.

The 2003 trailer showed some good progress and pinpointed the way they went with it. It also shows a massive amount of cut shit the mod Lost Alpha managed to get their hands on. This also looks fucking good for a game from 2003. See at the time they had no restrictions but then they where forced to tone it down with the graphics by the publisher because the game had to run on 60FPS at that time.

I wasn't talking about the graphics, I was talking about how the movement, random directional recoil and AI behaved.
I think their previous game had better animation and tone.
I know it was an early build of a game they had only just started on, I'm just remarking on how shit it was and how amazing it got.

More alpha shit

Again for a 2002 game that still manages to look good and a product of the time.

My sides

Good times. I wonder if there'll ever again be another game with this much prerelease stuff available for public.

dont listen to what any of these retards say
play Vanilla Shadow of Chernobyl.
if you lose your save data start over cause thats the will of the zone

Is it just me, or is equipping your AI companions with miniguns, PKMs and Gauss Rifles in CoC the best way to keep them alive?

Why are you even asking this?

Am I the only one who doesn't play with AI companions in CoC?

I only use them when I assault the Brain Scorcher. Having extra bodies to cover you is really useful and makes the approach to the lab less of a slog.

Don't listen to this retard.
Play CoP with mods like CoC and Misery for the best experience.

Wonder how Shatner would react in the Zone?

Okay, it's been forever since I've indulged in Cheeki, partially because the slavshit animations trigger my /k/. What is a good set of mods to satisfy my /k/. I hear Call of Chernobyl is good yes?

ALWAYS PIRATE STALKER.
DO NOT BUY STALKER

You're a fucking retard, kindly fucking throw yourself at a burner anomaly. Don't listen to this retard.

CoC just merges the maps from all 3 games and sprinkled more shit on it. Drop AO on top of CoC if you want loads of guns with no quality control, STCoP wep pack if you want quality control but less guns than AO would offer, I personally use STCoP+CoC, AO was simply unsatisfying with all that low quality ass guns.

I play a lot of games with this, yet I can never get used to it. Thankfully, I do fine without it anyway.

How broken is very broken? I wanna play again and I've got a shitton of addons for 1.4.22 but I want to try out some of the new 1.5 addons.

These

are the only correct answer to this question. Everybody who says otherwise are either retarded or fucking with you.

Leaning isn't mandatory in STALKER, but it is incredibly useful. You should really get used to peaking around corners, you'll get a bullet through the brain less frequently.

It's not even like I don't try to give them better armour, but they only equip the weapons I give them except for that one fucker who won't drop his fucking AKSU

Are you sure? I'm certain I've seen Freedom and Monolith with FALs. I've settled for HKs for the assault on the NPP.

Leaning makes you harder to see, so enemies don't always fire the instant you peek out, which makes snipers so much more bearable to kill.

best mod for stalker CoC for sandbox experience?

Is the Roadside Picnic Addons Pack any good?.

sorry I meant SotC

He doubts the almighty monolith

Not really sure when it comes to Shadow of the Colossus, but if you mean SoC, Complete 2009 if you want a "nice" introduction to the series (babby's first STALKY), but for total freeplay, you can definitely go wrong with Stalker Soup. has a good guide to what mods you might want to play, the yellow boxes are SoC.

I'm fucked rn sorry matey

Is there any addon that minimizes the amount of gear that people have so you don't become a millionaire in 30 minutes in Stalker Soup? I like all the extra stuff around I just it was scarce still

Nigga, I've came across the army warehouse where Freedom settles in loads of time and I never see any holding one, and I've also raided the Brain Scorcher, none of the Monolith have FAL either. Are you actually using STCoP weapons pack?

Well you're not joking, shit's lacking quality control and has bugs in it.

Once I've finished my fuck-off long essay, I'll get back to you with a screenshot, though it might be in the next thread if this one dies today.

Found another method. It's in the top left.
The model and weapon is in the game, I assure you. I kept debating whether to grab one, but I'm usually loaded up on food, ammo and mutant parts and my weapons at the time were marginally better, so I decided that if I wanted one, I'd come back and get a new one.

Sage for accidental triple post
Here's a first person screenshot from the person who put it into STCoP

Works better than 1.4 for me.

Does it not have the STG58? Or is that just what they're planning to add to the next version?

Learn to use crouch and low crouch, they increase your accuracy massively.

Doom's Mod Merge: user Edition.

mega.nz/#F!Z7RjwaBS!PYNDw9ugMSojbpUDgIACHQ!xnRngDYK
You've got the original Doom's Merge and then user Edition (read the readme in user Edition's folder).

So from what i understand from this thread i should just play SoC and CoP and skip CS? Is playing SoC and CoP vanilla and then installing CoC good way to enjoy the series?

Why though?

You mean prone?

Stalker does not have prone (outside of weird mods anyway), it only has a lower crouch/squat.

Call of Misery? I didn't slap Misery on top of it, that might be why it was different, that shit isn't in my game.

Definitely not in game as far as I know, or I probably just haven't came across one. Hell, I just wanted FN FAL or anything close to it so i can feel Rhodesia as fuck

Forgot to ask, why the fuck would you slap Misery on top of it? It's like shitting on your plate of steak.

Is it going to play like Stalker or are they basically creating their own system?

I'm not the biggest fan but CoM works a lot better than Misery in CoP.

Buying STALKER gives money to a fucking thief who is the fucking reason the series is dead, and none of the devs get a fucking dime.

ALWAYS. PIRATE. STALKER.

Just how good is CoM? Is the economy is still retarded literal kike scam? Are all guns in the worst condition possible? Do enemies throw grenades from 100m away and lands RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FUCKING FACE? Do still they land a bullseye at your fucking face through a foggy morning from 200m away? God I still remember the fucking traumatic experience I went through playing that fucking trash.

Do they still*, fug.

Is it bad that all I can picture now is S.T.A.L.K.E.R. at sea?

I'm going to point out again that I'm still not a fan of CoM and don't play it personally.
These can be fixed by editing values in config files user, they shouldn't be there in the first place but it's only ~10 minutes work to fix (hell you can do this in CoP Misery too).
These are significantly less of an issue in my experience, it might just be that the SoC/CS maps work better though.

Clear Sky is worth playing once.

It was me googling STCOP FAL, missed the M.
It's eating well done steak

It looks like it's going to play like STALKER but it won't quite be STALKER.

If repair items were more common in Misery, I might have considered it worth playing, but as it was, I was struggling to get enough ammunition to kill a man while they fired full-auto for minutes on end.

Haha, no.

Welp, maybe they'll throw in a StG58/FAL into the mod, one day.

Yeh the unrealistic amount of ammo dead faggots have on them is annoying. 'Fixing' Misery is mostly damage control.

There's already one added to the next version.

Yes, v.6 that is never ever.

Shit, I was thinking of the Galil either way.
I've never so much as seen a real firearm excepting my ex's grandad's revolver

Oh yeah, this mod has galil alright, but I don't wanna touch that kike shit.
I probably have seen a cop with guns, and that's it. Would be fun if I could buy a gun.

I've never so much as seen an armed policeman in my life

I'm glad to live in America. Instead of defenseless Europe

My gripe with STCoP is that last time I checked it didn't have Moist Nugget, which severely hampers my autistic RPing

>tfw live in Eastern Europe
It was kinda cool, but to be fair I've had more fun moments stalkin' through the woods with my Baikal 155 and hunting wildlife and illegally border-crossing rapefugees

I didn't hear any of them say "YOU'RE IN MY SPOT, SIR" so they're most likely not SWAT 4 anons.

Was there any talk of "TRAILERS" at all?

Funny enough, that's the exact same reason I play my CoC with AO setup instead of my STCoP one. At this point though, I'm just waiting on the Chernobyl Weapon Pack for CoC to come out, since it will have more polish than AO, but more weapon variety than STCoP.

No, I've heard them collectively yell "GET DOWN", then there was some commotion and next thing I saw was a guy get thrown out the window

Did they shoot the man before throwing him out of the window?

Now why would they do that?

There were no masked men among the kidnappers, so no. Funnily enough there were 3 of them and after the policemen caught them they put bags over their heads.

I guess they didn't fly so good.

Could someone please post the picture of a stalker looking thru his bionis to notice the horrifying creature in pic related?

I wish CoC would add an option to remove those phantom enemies you get in some underground areas, especially the NPP (and an option to remove the voice in the NPP). They are incredibly obnoxious and I can't see any good reason to have them in the game. The NPP area could also be overhauled to make it seem less like you are playing through SoC. The enemy density and placement is the same and you can't go past the NPP without going through it. What's also ridiculous is that even when you're Monolith you still get the voice and you are also vulnerable to radiation even though nobody else is. I don't remember if the psi projections are also there.

Another thing is that the outposts in Zaton and Jupiter don't react properly to enemies and the different conditions of CoC. Hopefully these will be addressed too.

Do it yourself, faggot. Nothing is for free. unless you have photoshop skills

And while I'm at it, randomized placement of items out in the open might be nice too and give more reason to explore places.

Isn't that exactly what stashes are?

I mean items that aren't in a stash. Stashes could also have randomized locations and not just randomized contents.

If you go into the labs and disable the Brain Scorches they too will lessen of not disappear. Adding to that, get a PSI-Protection gear thing from the scientists.

I wasn't playing story mode. Does the psi protector make the projections go away?

No but they will do less damage. You don't have to play the story mode to disable the Brain Scorches as far as I know. You get a mission when you buy a PSI protector and get asked to disable the nearest one to test it out and to get an upgrade when you're finished disabling it.

It's better than nothing. I'll look into it next time I play.

I also just remembered a funny quest I got during one game. A scientist asked me to go clear this one area so he can take some measurements or something. The area in question? The entrance to the Monolith war lab. Jesus.

Doesn't really make sense tbh. The whole point of stashes is to keep other people from stealing your shit.

I've been wanting that for as long as I've been stalkan.

A lot of stashes are obvious and in plain sight, and there are already items out in the open that nobody takes, like the compass artifact in Red Forest just sitting there in an easy to access location. Realistically there'd be virtually nothing to loot in the zone (at least outside the center of the zone), but that wouldn't be fun.

Always holster your weapons when don't need them Stalker.

What the fuck, this shit would be top tier in the zone when your shitty little PDA craps out and you are in the middle of knowhere with 10 boolets left.

Probably would have been better off wearing plates of ERA.

requesting stalker GOG installer

Google finds nothing but STCoP when searching for "Chernobyl Weapon Pack". Please explain.

Maybe I should reinstall a clean Windows.

I just installed AO for CoC and I like it so far. I read multiple reports of STCoP fucking with AI aim to the point that the game is significantly easier, and I got an error after installing it so I'll take a pass on it.

Not him, but I wish mod makers would give their mods sensible unique names. I've run into this issue so many times.

Man… This could be so many things. If your mods add a shitload of new objects you'll get hella load stutters. Idk if that's what yours is though.

CWP is a fork of the latest STCoP version (the current STCoP mod for CoC available on moddb is based off an older version), built for CoC, that also takes decent quality weapons from some other sources like independent mods or other weapon packs and adds them in. There's a repo with notes for the various weapon packs including CWP and their updates for CoC, but I can't remember the link. Sorry.

I think he means like the items around Zaton in Call of Pripyat which aren't strictly a Stash because they're not in a box, but they're kind of a stash because they're usually hidden and/or difficult to access.

Real smart.

So far all I have is inaccurate allies and accurate enemies.

I could actually do this.

Why's it so hard to find older versions of mods on Moddb? Is there some easy way of finding them?

I just finished Call of Chernobyl. I'm gonna head back to the Great Swamp, report in and fuck off through the Cordon.
I did it without ever putting on armour better than the CS-2 armour from Clear Sky.
I finished with a G3SG1 from STCoP and an FN F2000.
I have every achievement other than the one for finding 50 artifacts, so I may get to doing that on my way out.

How did I do?

I know a holol friend who actually does patrol up in Donbas. He once told me he and his squad shot up a SUV when the driver pulled out his gun. He told me they were sex trafficers/rebel cronies.

I always felt the same about CoP, though. The story is so short and so bare-bones that there's really no need to play it more than once. Beyond that, it's just about fucking around as much as possible. The only reason I played CoP more than SoC is because it had more refined mechanics, and CoC pretty much laid that dispute to rest forever.

I will say, though, that old CoP mod S.M.R.T.R. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (i think it was called) was really fun to me because it made certain areas like the apartments around Jupiter into endless Monolith spawns and hangouts. There were always 20-30 there, and they'd constantly respawn in the building and run down to continue engaging you for as long as you remained nearby. It made it hard to do the usual Kill Monolith->ObtainGodhood loot cycle when you couldn't get close enough to loot the bodies.
It was horribly balanced and shit in other ways, but I liked that bit about it.

CoC's warfare and faction mods are okay, but they're also messy as hell and don't feel very satisfying. Maybe it'll get better down the line.

Obviously to guard the top secret military hardware there. Fuck sakes user do you even play GTA games?

I just died in a similar manner: in the red forest I was dispatching some monolith from behind a boulder when one of them rounded it with an RPG, as soon as I startled him he fired it into the rock killing us both. Chalk it up to monolith brain damaged.

How do you modify the files in this game? I've looked up online guides and they say go into the gamedata folder and edit the .ltx files found within, but in my stalker folder there is no gamedata folder, only files named gamedata.db1, gamedata.db2, etc. I have no internet connection to my rig, some have suggested a conversion tool to make these .db files into the gamedata folder. Without.being able.to download the tool, am I fucked? I just finished the game for the first time and now u want areplay with edited weapon stats, is that impossible in my current situation?

If you're talking about CoP, the CoC moddb page has a db converter that will also work for CoP. No idea about SoC/CS but there are probably converters for those too if you do some searching. Keep in mind that anything in the gamedata folder replaces the default settings in the .db files, so you don't need to place all .ltx/etc. files in the gamedata folder only the ones you edited.

What am i supposed to do when i don't have enough hp to run to the wishgranter before dying from fucking radiation? Took me nearly 2 hours just to get through other Chernobyl NPP parts and now i'm stuck here unable to finish the game.

How did it take you so long? Are you using a Makarov with leather armour?
Seriously, get yourself a jellyfish or two, radiation will never bother you again.

What's the ETA on that insanely autistic weapon mod that's allegedly combining all weapons from all of the major weapon modpacks into a single unified clusterfuck of guns?

Hardest difficulty with spas which apparently kills enemy after six shots. I was constantly losing health because radiation and ran out of medkits before i even got in so got killed a lot. I also had shitty armor because i'm a fucking retard. Also managed to complete the game and got the greedy ending :/

That's because you are a fucking kike.

I just like having a steady supply of shekels ;^)

Anyone playing last day?
I've been enjoying the shit out of it, probably my favorite time playing CoM yet.

Share thread faggot.

Sounds like something that would work well in one of the tabletop homebrew settings.

Good, now do it again on ironmeme.

Yes, you have to extract the files with a tool though if you can post here you can download it and transfer it. As says the way gamedata works is 'any files in here should override but not replace the original files with the same name'.

There should be spare suits scattered around the NPP, smash some crates and have a look.

The mod is gunslinger isn't it? It'll be a long time.

Greedy ending overrides all other endings if you have > 50,000ru. This means pretty much everyone gets it first time if they don't go for the real ending.

Now this is cheeki breeki!

Just had an intense CoC mission. Was told to clear an area of mutants, but nothing could have prepared me for what was to come: a dog and two rats. Barely made it back alive, even with my top of the line gear.

You could maybe message the creator there, does seem like they don't generally keep an archive of older versions up.

It's simple, they want a brainwashed army to keep stalkers away, and should one slip through the wish granter is there to distract attention away from C-Consciousness and kill the intruder.

Got a torrent for this? Moddb's slow as shit

It's not that important, and we'll be moving to 1.5 soon anyway.

I cleared the story mode for the first time and it is an experience that I would not recommend to anyone for any reason.

Any particular reason?
Other than the CNPP being strangely empty, then me telling my 4 allies to wait at the bottom of the reactor for me to finish the 10 waves of enemies only for them to despawn, taking away my awesome exoskeleton-minigun veteran. Other than that, I found it enjoyable enough.

Kind of tempted to install 1.5 CoC after reading through the changenotes. Looks really fucking good and will hopefully make the addons better and more functional. But I assume it is a buggy mess and half of the shit is broken.

pastebin.com/WcZi44T2

Some good new stuff

When vldamire is hurt from gun shot you shoot vladamire again to heal.
= Fixed GSC's mistake in hit callback which caused weak weapons to heal wounded stalkers.

+ Added physics kick, can kick what is at cursor with bindable key (Not same as tushkano kicking)

+ Can add user map spots by double clicking on PDA map

Gordon Kick incoming?

Looks worse than Survivarium. And Survivarium looks like shit to begin with.

Didn't you know? It's the precursor to Escape from Tarkov

How do these devs keep missing what makes STALKER so great? Just looking at the reaction to Gay of Nope should tell them "ah, they want STALKER plus coop with a few bros". Not CoD, not DayZ, not STALKER deathmatch. The basic single player STALKER experience with a bro or three, the mods I choose and no fags allowed.

Just finished CoP so should i now proceed to install CoC 1.4x or 1.5? Also recommend me some additional mods S.T.A.L.K.E.R bros.

CoC 1.4.22 probably, I've been using AO and really liking it