So what version of Dwarf Therapist should someone running a 64 bit version of win7 use...

So what version of Dwarf Therapist should someone running a 64 bit version of win7 use? I've tried multiple ones after finding the one bundled with the starter pack (which is strangely not called the lazy newb pack now) doesn't work with butchering animals for some reason.
Also Dwarf Fortress thread.

I'm not really answering your question here but there was a problem with an old iteration of DT where its version number was wrong in one of its .ini files which stopped it from functioning, thankfully it was as simple as editing one number in notepad and saving.

Sigh.

It's been over a year since it updated, and it's always really minor RP fluff that makes no difference to the functional building of a fort. The UI needs a massive overhaul too

It sucks to because the community will always fall back on "IT'S A SIMULATION". Like building the fort and surviving isn't 3/4ths of the game. Also the code needs a total rehaul. The game is way too laggy once you get a city going.

How am I supposed to enact pig eugenics without buchery via the rapist

newfag

I wanted to just cull the smaller piglets but you can only see volume in the rapist and can't mark them any way to then butcher them

He'll probably only listen if people stop bitching and actually do something like cut off donations.

Irrelevant, since it’s only a single core. Don’t bother.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about

every time

depends on what version of DF you're using. remember to use a rapist version that works with your version of DF

The UI is actually amazing, there is a logic to it for each binding and once a player becomes accustomed to it, any graphically oriented UI would be much much slower. I can play the game with the UI completely minimized since the UI itself is mainly a reference tool for information or a list of commands to illustrate functions to newer players.
Dwarf Fortress has never been intended to be a video game, and it was never intended to be since day one. If you want a gamefied, simplified and graphicalized GAME based on Dwarf Fort than go play Rimworld or even Rise to Ruins. Where simulation and interaction is a surface level novelty and not the core of the design.
Complaining about DFs design goals and UI is like complaining about Fallout 1 being a turn based RPG and not a real-time Action RPG like the bethesda games that are aping it.
The only commonly made legitimate complaint that can be leveled against DF is the lack of multithreading support.

You lazy fuck, "Dwarf Fortress was never intended to be a video game" is the stupidest reactionary declaration ever uttered by a fat neckbeard.
Of course it's a fucking video game. That simulation is the semen in the womb of this game doesn't change the fact that it's a video game, it just emphasizes your fear of a corrupted Toady and ruined project. You're worried that an abortion will occur and that the careful incubation of the dev will be interrupted and his monolithic game will stop rising like a mountain on fire and instead be carved into a loli dwarf of the highest craftsmanship for the collective defilement by lonely intellectual masturbators who need to inject their cum stylus into every suggestion box opening afforded to their pathetic dead weight existence. The dorf organs will be sold off to the (((biggest))) companies in the industry, the meat and bones will be given to the butcher of furry OC autist modders and their brethren, who gobble the bits of rotten flesh they can afford, to satiate their sickness.
You lazy, stupid fuck. They need to be reminded of their disgusting reality.

The UI is great when you get all the shortcuts memorised
bCw
pf
qab
It isn't supposed to be pretty.
The thing that should be updated is the multi-threading.

I think the best option for you would be to use masterwork with the latest DF, it has that shit built-in with a lot of other mods that you might find interesting. Of course you can just turn them all off if you don't want them, dwarf therapist should still work.

While we're at it, how do I dig a hole in the side of a volcano without losing a valuable miner?

It never was. You can't even try to prove it was, instead you concoct a dumb rant I didn't bother reading and a random reaction image in place of an argument. It was never ever a game in its development. Before the simulation aspect really took hold it was a pointless digging sim with no win state. Go play on your consoles you casual pieces of trash.

Pray that he's a speedy fuck. I only send my pleb miners when doing this or give someone useless and friendless a pick. Make sure your floodgate/door/way of blocking the firey death is ready to go beforehand.

That's tricky, if you dont want to send a valuable miner than set a random peasent to be a miner then seal him off in the tunnel area once he accepts his role as a miner. Too many things can go wrong so why risk it.

We have IDs here you stupid nigger.

Guess I'll assign my quickest dorf to the job then. Next question, do migrants and caravans come to my fort through the cavern layer? Haven't played the latest version, so no idea if that's the case.

And? I made exactly 3 posts ITT, 4 if you count this one. I don't get what you're trying to imply but I'm going to assume you're a butthurt retard.

You're retarded.
What does IDs have to do with anything? Your 'argument' is a nonsequitor, I never pretended to be someone else. If my ISP gave me a new IP randomly than so what?
Stop being such a triggered little titty nigger and actually try to bring substance to conversations.

God I wish Toady would abandon Adventure Mode for the insta-death-fest it is and do focus on Fort for a while, I haven't played in years cos my last game was 26 years long and so little has changed since I dropped it.

Are you fucking stupid?
I'm responding to people that responded to me you pedantic fuck. Go play Rimworld you diminutive sape

Holy shit, it's not often we see a spergout this bad.

As far as I know they do not. The only things that come off screen from the caves is usually FBs and other nasty things.

New update soon?

sup newfag

UI isn't much of an issue after a few forts. Accelerated FPS deaths since the world has been alive is the real issue. Hard to get a fortress to last a hundred years and maintain 50fps.

Masterwork is a horrible mod with way too much fucking bloat that adds nothing of value to the game.

Do it by losing a worthless miner. Lazy migrant with no friends or relatives are perfect for the job.

Just die, please. The UI is unusable and the game is single core. Don’t bother until they fix that.

Is there a way to deal with kids without purging them and making everyone sad? I had to lock up the kids(and one hunter with no friends but he didn't leave the room while idling so fuck him) and let them starve to death. children made up half of my fortress by year two because the migrants brought their entire brood along. I'd rather not do this again because while no one flipped out moods did get very low.

Wait it out? Or set the max number of kids in the raws. Kids will actually reap crops if you have everyone set to pick up crops but keep all of your adults busy. Which A) frees up a lot of workers and B) gives you skilled growers.

I guess I'll have the remaining little shits harvest.

Dwarf Fortress is a simulation and I believe it is already capable of teaching social lessons. Like how outside people will move into a small successful project and shit it up until it falls apart as the incompetency and lack of direction that they bring to the whole causes vulnerability to outside threats and internal strife. Toady is telling us something here.

Is the lesson that its best to work solo forever even if it takes you 50 years to complete your dream?

No, just use a tight knit group with a common goal and drive away extraneous outsiders to prevent the tower of Babel effect from purposeless expansion.

Every thread we deal with MUH UI complainers. Do people realize that this is just Toady doing as he pleases and not some community oriented project that he intends to live off of? Streamlining the UI is the last thing on his mind. For most use cases it works well, it just takes getting used to. It's like getting mad at Vim for having a learning curve.

On the contrary, in Dwarf Fortress (and not real life) I'd take a migrant over another fucking useless baby any day, even a journeyman strand extractor who is also a vampire. Maybe if there were sane defaults you wouldn't end up like but otherwise it's edit the .ini or enjoy your demise on behalf of a thirst that can't be sated with plump helmet wine.

I can't tell if this is a meme post or if you're actually insane. I couldn't even read past halfway of this post because it's such incoherent rambling.

No. But the caravans can exit via the caverns if everything else is sealed.

Do them one by one, construct a mist generator in the main dining room and give parents some nice lodgings with some useless legendary items for the depression duration. Possibly some food that they like.

Kek. I've seen too many babies heads bashed due to bad weather, annoyed by spider or no booze to consider it a worthwhile social simulator.

Are you having problems with snatchers, or…?

Yet many a time throughout history a shivering alcoholic arachnophobe has killed their kid in a withdrawal induced rage. However, my point about social lessons was based on broader issues like group dynamics and pursuit of goals, which also includes the player. 'Losing is fun' is itself a thing that most people don't fully recognize about themselves.

True enough.

I don't get this complaint either. The only screens I hate are labors and military everything else is fine. I really hope he streamlined something about the military screen this update as my plan is making a military outpost to raid goblin and elf sites.

My problem was too many children. My population was half kids at one point due to migrant families.

Did half of those kids have beards?

Unless you're shit at making a huge food stock (plump helmets, yo) I don't see how that would be a problem. Ten years is not that long.

Its annoying when you are in year one and the migrant wave is 5 workers and 10 kids.

IT certainly prepares you for life.

I just finished my adamantine setup REEEEEEE.

pleb