ELEX | Available: 17 October

Looks kind of boring TBH, like a cheap MMO

Other urls found in this thread:

gamestorrent.co/elex-gog.html
youtube.com/watch?v=1Ebgjk0vtzY
youtu.be/QFac9ySKrsA?t=12003
gamestar.de/artikel/elex-7-dinge-die-man-vor-dem-kauf-wissen-sollte,3319841.html
gog.com/game/elex
youtube.com/watch?v=QN5_0SrHF58
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Looks like ass, PB has made nothing but shit for almost a decade, it will probably do fairly well in sales though since normalfags have been prepped for shitty RPGs by Bethesda games and other shit.

I don't even understand what they tried to achieve?

Looks like the downs child of Mad Max and Ark

My guess is, it's going to end up the same as Risen 2.
Out of curiosity, how was Risen 3?

The graphics look somewhat better in this video

I've heard people say it makes Risen 2 seem good by comparison.

I've heard 3 was better than 2, but worse than 1.

And just like that, I lost all hope.

Not just science fiction and fantasy, but they crammed post-apoc in there as well. All they're missing is zombies, though I imagine they're saving that one for the sequel.

The HUD is so fucking ugly.

Piranha Bytes was decent when Gothic 1 and 2 were new. They beat Bethesda to the future with Gothic 1 and made the game that was the next step up from Ultima 7 that a lot of old gamers like me were pining away for in the late 90s/early 2000s.
Problem is, nobody from that time is still there at PB. nobody that matters, anyway. From what I've been hearing, most of the people there now are SJWs or foreigners, or both. It's not the proud German CRPG company it was 18 years ago.

It essentially goes like this:

Gothic 1: Ultima 7 in 3rd person
Gothic 2: Gothic 1, but with a larger world
Gothic 3: Broken, unfinished sequel

Risen 1: Decent, showed promise but far too action-ey
Risen 2: Shit
Risen 3: Shit, but not as shit as Risen 3

Now, I don't expect them to fix the downward slide with Elex, which is why I'm not buying it.

I meant not as shit as Risen 2. Sorry.

DLC

WEW LAD. Also, what’s the point of this thing?

Gotta pay for the migrants somehow.

JUST

still better than Pokeorcs.

That's very nice, but they forgot one tiny little detail:
Why would anyone care? What's the story supposed to be? What's the fucking hook? What is the capturing element in this mindbogglingly generic world?
So far, all I've seen is unfocused gameplay (not only due to hideous DoF) and graphics wanking. Haven't seen that a thousand times before.

Pardon?

shadow of war

You can feel the jank though the video.
Those guttural caveman sounds are just atrocious.
It sounds incredibly nitpicky but that fucking font is highly overused, but more than that is a sign of low quality to me.
I find putting the jet bar on the character to be borderline retarded when I feel it should be on the hud right near the health bar.
Why is the stamina on a wheel instead of a bar???
At a point I just get pissed off at the shot reverse-shot canned animation shit as illogical as that is.

Character design isn't particularly interesting and that is probably my biggest gripe.
I have a bias against Science Fantasy.
I don't believe it has ever really been done properly.
Star Wars came close for brief period of time and I feel they've never made a game that focused on the mysticism aspect enough.
I would probably like this game more if it went full-on post apocalyptic sci-fi because that is clearly what it wants to be.
Instead there are mana and health potions, clerics etc. and they seem very very secondary.

There are so many ways you could go with this and I feel they have chosen to make mediocre shit.

That ass rocket meter is pretty annoying.

Judging from the youtube comments, This game will be adored by emoticon abusing Germans with a distinct taste for moldy excrement.

Andromeda 2: Post-Apocalyptic Boogaloo confirmed.

its the only form of nationalism they have allowed.

but yeah even the broken Risens had some charm to it, despite the gazillion of bugs

Well you see I though after Divinity OS1 the second one is going to be fucking shit too, but it was alright.
So I'll be definitely pirating this one and if it's not shit - buying.

there are still enough people that been there since gothic one and like only one nigger in the team. they just want to make good games and do really care about their fans and all you fags do is talking shit about them. Holla Forums is ass

let's be honest here ,they had 20 years or so to perfect their game making skills and yet game after game they just repeat the same formula over and over without ever improving in the areas they are severely lacking ; in fact one could make the argument that they have gotten worse with each sequel of their 3? don't know if ELEX counts yet series of games so far
So it's really not about

user, you need to go back.

When I think of Pirhanya Bytes, "Idiot Savant" background from Arcanum comes to my mind. There is an inkling of something fantastic in their games but it's unrefined and buried under heap of shit, like they have no fucking idea what they're doing. They just take successful Gothic 1 formula and change some bits randomly over and over again and hope that by a chance they'll stumble on a perfect mix.

If it's good enough I think I'll buy it next month, so they don't go out of business. PB may keep rehashing Gothic every 3 years but I always except for Risen 2 enjoy their games.

Titular Elex is a mineral from the meteor that caused the apocalypse. Three factions want to use it (Equilibrium type fascists, Brotherhood of Steel, magic faggots) and the third one is just neutral.

The problem is that they've consistently ignored what made Gothic 1 and 2 great and bastardized other aspects of their games. Also, the writing and level design has taken a severe hit over the years. It would be perfect if they'd hire good writers that aren't cucks and kept churning out Gothic 2 every few years.

fourth one*

Well call me when they succeed.

PICKLE RICK

Wait, who are the fascists?

I'll give it to them I can't quite pinpoint if they're using Unreal or Unity, but I'm fairly sure it's unity with some stock shaders

Everything doesn't have to be cartoony or anime, user.
I bet you think Dark Souls is a western game too.

I think he's an edgelord who thinks fascists are no fun allowed buzzkills who force you to do stuff you don't like because reasons. You know, that kike fascist stereotype thing.

Would you prefer some smooth Shadow of Mordor gameplay then? At least KoA let you control your character.

They honestly only made two really bad games which are Risen 2 and 3. Gothic 1 is great, the second an absolute masterpiece, and the third is kinda okayish with the latest community patches. Risen 1 was good too, although not as great as the first Gothics were.

You completely missed the point.
The game looks cheap and like it was slapped together in two weeks.

There's nothing that screams "bad game" more than someone using an engine and doing the bare minimum to change how it looks.
And what the fuck does Dark Souls have to do with this

So it's going to be one of those "say anything less than praise and we'll bring up a completely unrelated game as a shitty gotchya attempt" kind of games then.

Production values and art style are two different things.

Maybe, but production values and using stock assets and shaders are

Is it a PS3 game? Looks janky as hell, especially when the player is running.

Project Nimbus uses stock everything but it doesn't look generic.

And here is the same game that doesn't use stock shaders.
It doesn't look like shit anymore, but it didn't look generic even when looking like shit.

Gothic 3 is trash.
They haven't made a good game 7+ years. Risen 1 was released in 2009.

No it doesn't look generic, but it looks like fucking trash and as if it was slapped together in a week

That's what I'm talking about.
Duh.

Are some of the Gothic 1 devs even alive?

…?
What

Game looking like shit != generic looking game.
Are you retarded?

I don't see how this makes the game in OP any better.

The fuck does something looking generic has even to do with this, the game looks bad because it looks cheap, not because it looks generic. Both games do.

Nothing wrong with game looking generic.
Game looking like shit is another question entirely.

I just want to make it clear you mentioned something looking generic first, so this whole discussion is completely worthless you autistic cumsock

No it's not. But you go on moving goal posts.

Considering how many people consider Cuphead a difficult game nowadays, that goes to show how low the bar has fallen.

Please feel free to point out where I did

I would prefer something that isn't complete fucking dogshit.

Emotionless totalitarians called the Alb. There's another faction of clerics that harvest the mineral for technology which is why the BoS.

Why are krauts so bad at making games? You'd think that a nation with the economy of Germany would be able to throw enough money to hire competent developers but aside from maybe the Gothic games Germans have never really made a good game.

Ehmm

ye

So you can't play as a qt girl? What's the point?

So much butthurt fanboys on steam

Become a trap irl

games require passion.
Why would you expect any passion form a conquered and dead people?

WHY ARE ALL THESE POS YOUTUBERS PLAYING THE GAME WITH A CONTROLLER?

This is the future that was chosen for you.

Most of the Gothic 1 devs left right after the first games release. Gothic 2 was already made mostly by fans who understood what made the first game great and how to improve on it.

Actualy the rpg mechanics and exploration look pretty good from what ive seen so far (its been released to some streamers and ive had a look). graphics are a mixed bag and combat is as clunky as ever, but the real fun in their old games was exploring the world and rising from hobo to demigod over the course of the game. if they finaly managed to get that part right again after the godawful mess that was risen 2 there may be something to this.

I can only think of 2 decent things about this game: the conversation with the protagonist of risen 1 & 2 and the parrot transformation spell. That's fucking it.
Risen 2 was a fucking 10/10 compared to this garbage. Even with its lousy pirate theme.

shit I made it longer than I should've

ey what about Patty bossom and native booty?

So what's it like?

I agree. Risen 2 was bad, but Risen 3 was a fucking travesty.

Risen 3 is one of the worst games I've ever played. I finished 2 but didn't want to finish the first areas of 3. My hopes are not high for any of their new games.

How is death and saving handled in this game?
Like, does the game autosaves? Does it force you to load your latest save when you die?

Shadow of Mordor is a bastard child of the CUHRAYZEE genre. A typical CUHRAYZEE game has two things that can happen, you win or lose. In Shadow of Mordor and others like it, it's more about how quickly can you win. You can actually pull off some decent combos if you pay attention to your stats and environment, much more so in the sequel, but the only reason why you push yourself to fight more intelligently is so you can get on. CUHRAYZEE games are where you enjoy the fight, whereas Shadow of Mordor/War and others like it are where you enjoy the anticipation of the fight.

when did fascists on this board become the ancap meme?

I'd tell you to go back to the board below Holla Forums, but I'm not even sure where to direct your retardation.

try understanding what your post actually implies

This game will unlock in approximately less than an hour

As long as I can play the ebul white males I will give it a try

When I finished Risen 3 I actually went to youtube to check if I missed an ending cutscene due to a bug.
Turned out my game was all right. The ending is actually this bad.

Care to give any context before I watch it?

Second review from the gog page.

Why was Risen so bad? Was the first at least decent if buggy? Did PB just have a rough transition from gen to gen?

so it looks like a piranha bytes game

kek

did you not play ArcaniA (aka gothic 4 btw)? its ending is literally a cliffhanger with no conclusion and game encourages you in-game to buy DLC to continue.

I remember there was an article, in which the publisher of G3, JoWood, said that with their new game(back then) Gothic 3, they wanted the Oblivion audience.

Arcania was published by JoWood(who had the rights to the franchise), but not developed by Pirahna Bites, who said fuck it after the clusterfuck that was the development of G3. PB later bought back the rights to the Gothic franchise, but I hope they never make a game in the series ever again.

what does arcania have to do with anything
it's the raped corpse of the franchise (not even made by them)
also known as the title that bankrupted jowood

Risen 1 was pretty good (at least the first half)

eh, looks alright

I know you are posting here, Aaron N and I saw how you bullied those retards in the comments of that one ESO video. Show yourself.

yas

UHH DIS GAEM IS SHIT *takes a poo*
*buys skyrim*
AHAHA LE TODD IS THE GREATEST GAME DEVELOPOER EVEH!
*todd posts*

UHH DIS GAEMIS TOO COMPLICATED FOR ME, WHERE'S SKY-ROM,?!?!?!?

Its so easy to say any game is great compared to skyrim. Because skyrim is unbeatable low point in rpgs.

Are you fags seriously hating on Skyrim?

Playing skyrim is just as bad as being homosexual bug chaser dick sucking faggot with pussy lips and cut off dick.

IM NOT SHITTING ON SKYRIM SKYRIM IS THE GREATEST RPG EVER BECAUSE ITS SO FUN AND SO EASY TO GET INTO XD!

Those are most games released these last years.. so

Let me guess. You're butthurt that fucking Skyrim has less clunky combat than this heap of shit.
Hell, Morrowind has more fluid gameplay with high enough speed than this travesty.

WHYA RE YOU SAYING DTA SKYRIM IS SHIT? BACK THE FUCK OF YOU HATER!

You call that shitposting?

yep Skyrim, the pinnacle of fluid satisfying combat, that's it

Playing stupid to make someone mad only makes you look stupid.

ok civilized discussion annon, what are you referring to by "this pile of shit"

Yeah you're pretending to be retarded.
But just in case you actually are of low cranial displacement, read my previous posts ITT and think really hard for a minute.

gamestorrent.co/elex-gog.html
here it is boys
I won't play it

And why would I want it?

yeah right like I'm gonna bother reading your shitposts
the one about skyrim was pretty good tho

It's currently third on steam's best seller list, while steamspy claims only 22k owners exists, but like any other PB, there's equal amount of people very impressed by it or hate for something substantial like the game having really shit AI. And this is after I ignored all the reviews that only said stupid shit like "I don't like controls that make my character movement have weight to it" or the "graphics is obsolete".

What's interesting is that the steamspy chart suggested there's refunds made during the preorder period, about 1.5k net owners on the worst week and in the end it had 20k preorders which means only 2k people picked it up on release. Steamspy showed that at least near 90k people have an interest in the game though.

I watched a stream of a guy trying to play it. Currently, saving doesn't work, which is apparently an issue that has existed and not been fixed since the press copy was distributed.

WEW
Guess I'm not pirating this.

I think I'll give it a try, nothing better to play anyway. Shadow of war is very repetative so I dropped it and Evil Within 2 has a retarded premise so I dropped it in the first 10 min (hurr durr it's all just a simulation, nothing is real, if you die in VR you die in real life, you have to go in to save some people, we can't just disconnect them because made up bullshit)

How do you fuck up this badly?

Wait a moment, this "bug" should manifest only on computers that have the game installed in the C drive. Who the hell puts their games in the C drive?

FUCK, and i fucking just downloaded it. 26 fucking gygabites. And currently installing long as fuck, that it even lags the computer.
FUCK THIS SHIT

How does something like this persist through 4 games though?

Because i have fucking linux on the second drive, i can't install game there.

I put all my vidya in C:\Games so I don't have to bother with permissions.

Well.

Not bad, but i don't think it was worth pirating. I'l see whats inside of it later.

And no, i am not lying about it having decorations inspired by fallout 4.

What a soulless piece of shit.

Really the character model is the most offensive part.

The more i look at him, the more i notice his face is horizontally stretched up close.

Min-max texture comparison.

is this ultra low settings

No, its just under some shaders character becomes completely different person. I upped my textures without loss in performance just now.

God damn I hate the dialogue scenes in game that are framed like a fucking Pokemon battle. What happened to stage direction or just letting you fucking move while talking to someone like in Chrono Trigger? Is it really that fucking hard?

Thanks piranha. I knew you won't give me choice but to follow first tutorial character no matter what i answer.

Okay, i am going to test out if i can proceed with the game without this jew, wish me luck.

Holy shit, if you go far away from Duras, the game puts a message on your screen that the game world is dangerous and Duras can help you survive.

I just noticed your health bar has one of those commie insignia fists. I get that they probably just typed "fist pointed up" in google but come on.

Welp. If you don't follow Duras the message to follow Duras will continue to display on screen, enemies become immortal and you can't deal any damage, and you die from one hit from a random bandit. I even tested it on easy for shits and giggles.

Also did i mention how fucking ugly this game's interface is?

Jesus. Is he holding his arm up to show the UI like fucking Star Citizen? Are the shitty bandages around his wrist projecting the holographic UI or something? How do you make a game where every part of it looks goddamn awful?

Well, it seems i judged it too early, the path towards the villa less dangerous, and its kinda possible to defeat the mutant tiger. He's still few levels above the player to do it normally, so its a damn hard fight where tiger kills you in 2 hits.

You don't get it, its a pipboy, but instead of a pipboy, its a hologram projecting from nothing.

I didn't even notice the arm.

It looks fun.

Oh, there's two of them. I'l go fucking kill myself sucking this bad on easy. Basically if you want a huge challenge spike in the beginning - don't follow the tutorial challenge, and you get dark souls of gothic.

So like Gothic 1, insane levelled list right outside your doorstep?

Fuck, did i just made this trash look good by not doing tutorial?

At least now we know the dev DOESN'T want to encourage smarter and risk adverse gameplay.

You know, i have double views about this concept.

From one stand point this particular location have shown:

But from other stand point:

Fucking weird. I remember in gothic 2 going into locations surpassing my abilities by level, but it was never this fucking hard, and i was more rewarded for doing that.

its a white power symbol, i think the devs are ourguys

Eventually i had to run away from Rotboar towards the Duras to kill him…
And received metal scrap from Rotboar's loot. Damn.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Fuck, i almost sure i just softlocked the game for myself. Lets see if i can survive in the cursed world i have created.

And here i was almost getting happy. Man, fuck this game.

I firmly take back my prior statement. The devs clearly allow retarded play.

No they don't user, sorry, Duras is essential. He just gets stunned.

Wait a second, did they rehashed this chicken already?

did you atleast get some good loot out of the body?

He's fucking unlootable essential npc.

Now that was unexpected.

Well, someone is going to get sold on that.

They really gone for that "medieval tech vs future tech" style shit.

TBF, those niggers screamed HIGH LEVEL MURDERBOSSES

I really wish PB would fuck off for good and stop shitting on their legacy more than they already have. This looks terrible.

Welp, i guess i actually can still progress without Duras. Look at that. I just hope i didn't skip some "leveling" procedures like gaining skill points and such. And i probably fucking did.

Holy shit

Top level design - just place entire car half way into the ground, they wont notice its actually whole car.

Top kek.

The radar and healthbar being off center really triggers the tism.

On the level of reskinned enemy to SHIT SHIT SHIT, how was the fight with the mech?

The worst part the enemies on the way are actually one hit killing me. Dudes in armor had actually to do two hits both on me, but fucking jackals on the road deplete my healthbar instantly in one hit, so i have to stay a kilometer from them.

Animation of it was alright, can't say much since it was just one shot at me to get killed.

Well, and of course aside of all the mixed settings with fantasy, futurism, medieval bullshit and technological wizardry, you also get dinosaurs totally fit into the setting.

The game was made by like 20 people user

Welp, i reached the point when i can't even use jetpack to escape without being killed by a spit of a bat faced werewolf. Time to return to Duras. Time to turn this game into casual gothic clone again.

Yep, i was right, without Duras you won't get level up to be able to kill Rotboars in this location. You are given level up literally on walking with him a few steps.

oh shit, if they add clang and some qt girls i think i wont be able to resist!

Okay, i was not expecting that faggot being a green peace activist in post apocalyptic world.

As a eurofag I guess I'll have to do my patriotic duty.

Actually liked Risen 3 but my standards are so abysmally low.

So.. is this game every bit as janky as it looks?

That looks out of place. This is starting to look like they searched the unity asset store for sci fi, bought everything, then slapped them into Gothic 5.

I just realized who this guy reminds me of. He's the main character from Dragon Age 2 with a slightly more semitic looking face.

If you find old world propaganda posters they literally depict aliens as an enemy. There's so many various settings and elements mashed up together, i can't even count.

Well. Its interesting. Duras is a "berserker", that's not a class, but a guild. And those berserkers live in "Edan", probably mashup of Eden. And well, they are the only ones practicing magic. Clerics rely on technology. Which is funny, i expected them to be magic users. Berserkers also hate technology and if you bring in cleric gear into their town, they will get upset.

And here you have a completely different change of setting, despite stone and smithery available everywhere, there are bunch of people living in wooden easily flamable huts along side futuristic soldiers wrecking their shit up.

And here is their farming business.

That's it, join the tech faction and at least gain access to MREs.

stone's heavy nigga

I think i'l join separatists if that's possible, the ones i met on the road, their quest is still in my journal, i didn't reload. Its just their location is inconvenient
And joining Albs who use those cool ass mechs is hard because they kill you when they see you on sight, so i don't think they are open minded towards people in dirty clothes. They are apparently also supremacists according to impatient response by Duras on my suggestion to join them.

Is there a wizard faction? I joined the wizards in risen because they got the levitate spell so I could explore more easily.

Can you play it in german audio language but with english subs?

You won't believe it, but Durasses berserkers are the ones using magic, Duras states that himself They also forbid usage of technology, even when you open your holographic inventory they scold you for using it and saying you to stop.

Don't know, i am not going to try.

Just look at the options, fam. Do it for her.

More like SMELLEX amirite?

What kind of technology and what kind of magic is there? I tend to go for whatever is exploration focused rather than combat.

So apparently savages turned abandoned building into throne room for their leader, and patched it with wood.

There's so much to do in this one town alone and i want to leave it. I have to solve some shitty murder case if i want to progress, which requires me to find clues and shit. I just don't have time to deal with berserkers group. This is actually pretty fucking close to how original gothic build up its things, you go from being total shit to an ultimate hero, but without non-linear dialogues. I am sure clerics probably mix technology with magic, where berserkers are pure magic + medieval aspect, and albs are about only using technology and robots.

So, Risen 2 and 3 are similar to this, people say? Grew really fucking tired. I'l go now, sorry for spamming the thread.

Some gothic fans are saying it is more similiar to gothic than risen.

So how shit was the story? looking at ending videos, it's PB quality.

So far this looks better than Risen 3 and I liked it. I thnik I'll give it a go.

Elex is a shit forgettable game, you play it and you forget about it until someone mentions it. Because with all this mess they were making with the setting, it makes certain elements of the game completely not memorable.

Your comment is so spot on on this game's problems, you don't even know how much. Everything is a clusterfuck when you have modern post apocalyptic themes with fallout inspired locations, technologically advanced themes, alien invasion, meteorites with materials to give power, mother fucking magic, dinosaurs, and fucking savage medieval people who never learned how to use stone to build houses who hate technology like amishes. That's not talking about main character story which starts completely retarded and then hand holding you until first town of the worst faction.
Also shit interface, shit character models, shit animations and general low quality everywhere where it was possible to cheese the development process.

This game and that game share some similarity in how combos are made actually. With exception that amalur actually had better animations. They also share same forgetability and generic designs, with exception of amalur being constantly loyal to its wow-inspired art style, and elex changes design styles like gloves every 3 meters of the game.

There's also interesting fact that there was a russian post apocalyptic gothic 2 mod with similar theme where commie reality of soviet russia was merged with medieval fantasy of gothic 2, and it feels like authors knew about that garbo.
Call me when they will make obvious Risen 4 on updated engine of Elex, because that's obviously is going to happen. This whole game feels like fan mod being shat out on some non-existent base gothic game. Elex is like when you import sci-fi themed mods into oblivion.
Its kinda fun to explore the world the meshed up though, i'l give world designers that. But just because you don't know what abomination you are going to meet on the next corner because of unpredictable setting patterns. And that's a hard plus to give counting up all other sins of the game.

It feels like each organization like clerics, separatists and berserkers have their own unique story line fit for their own clan setting. But when you take in account them all together they don't mesh well on the surface, just like the rest of the game. Goals of each organization are uncertain and illogical, because nothing in the world is consistent. Like a child's sci-fi fantasy written by a low grade author, you know, like books about hitler traveling to the future or where russian military goes into fantasy world fighting armies of orcs, those trashy books that lie down in fantasy section of book stores in eastern europe.

I have the feeling that they also used the same voice actors as in Gothic III
Could this be?

I just play it because i have nothing else on the plan atm.
But this year is really full of disappointments

The year was great actually. Cuphead, Divinity OS2, Nioh, Nier Assomata. Those are at least the games deserving goty.
I was not expecting Elex to be a good game to be disappointed. But its kinda enraging that developers think this inconsistent mess is a good design. I mean piranha bites known for creating large believable worlds, but this isn't the case of something believable at all. And no, i wish weird setting was the only issue i have with it.
Gothic as a series is fucking dead, how can i hear of any gothic fan praising this piece of shit is some retarded shilling damage control attempts from developer's marketing crew, or forum fans.

You're not supposed to like games released after 2007 there.

Well, latest divinity kinda cured my gaming dryness. I am a little bit more positive now which will probably eventually will lead me to new depression.

I'm afraid you don't understand, user, you're not supposed to like new games there.

Where? You haven't been on Holla Forums for long to not notice the fact people speak only about new shit 90% of threads. The whole "you're not supposed to like new games" shit sounds like a fallout 4 cuck tries to project his insecurities about what trash he plays.

I hope PB got bankrupt or something and they quit making games.
Its over.

Why would that be goty material? It was boring as fuck aRPG with shit-tier combat

sage for offtopic

I bet people who dislike ELEX are skyrim/tw3 fanboys

I don't think the devs from Gothic 1 and 2 are still working for PB.

no their are not, they filled the company with some ppl from Poland.
Only one whos still in there is this bald guy. He sounded so super stressed in some interviews and egoistic. I dont like him.

youtube.com/watch?v=1Ebgjk0vtzY

Why game devs dont invite more live bands in games?
MMORPGs with live gigs would be cool

goty

I don't care if the animations are recycled from Gothic 1, but having the bow disappear when equipping the sword and vice-verse, is inexcusable, especially since G1 didn't have this.

I think that's the point of the webm.

hello,

is this game good pls

thank,
user

I've seen other vids, I thought the bow could collapse itself into portable mode. Sneaky bastards.

This game really isn't that bad. Sure, it has some iffy animations and old graphics, but can you really expect AAA quality from Piranha Bytes and published by THQ Nordic? The movement, world and quests (the shit that matters) are apparently really good, but this is nu-Holla Forums and you are only supposed to like the GOOD AAA shit like R6:Siege, Titanfall 2 and whatever trash weebshit came out two weeks ago.

The only legitimate complaints there are graphics, animation and voice acting. Gameplay is an acquired taste with all PB games, UI maybe is iffy but it works and characters are okay. If you just said graphics and animation I would not argue against that and say that it isn't up to AAA standards, but tacking on story and characters is just falsehood and you clearly put that on there because just saying graphics and animation would deem you a retard.

As good as Ghotic 1/2?
Fuck, as good as Risen at the very least?
I don't trust these fucks anymore after all the piles of garbage they put out.

user, trust me, don't trust anyone else, i played the game, its just as bad as Gothic 3, if not worse. Its shit. Elex has shills for the same reason why fallout 4 had them during the release.

Fuck me, teh Open World meme should have been enough for me to stay away.
These dumbasses still don't understand what the core fanbase wants.

It's good.

I can only give second hand information because I just started the game, but apparently it is very good with the same sense of being trash and becoming powerful with good quests and a lot of people called it a return to form for PB.
PB themselves blamed Deep Silver for the downfalls of Risen 2 and 3 and they ordered a lot of the bullshit in those games, which is easy to believe due to DS being absolute cunts pushing day one DLC and microtransactions into their games (see: Agents of Mayhem, completely made and published by one of their studios).

Guess I'll pirate it and see for myself

This picture amazingly shows how this game isn't aware of anything at all. Jet packs would especially be very useful to forbid in berserker's towns, because their straw and wood houses could easily catch on fire from it.

why don't they just make another gothic game with the exact same gameplay as 2? that one was pretty much perfect for me
are they missing key staff or funds or something?

I heard a shitton of them left between the development of Ghotic 2 and 3

The Gothic name was essentially destroyed after 3 because Jowood rushed that out, then Gothic 4 was released which was total trash.

Quite a few did but mainly engine programmers, core staff like designers and artists not so much.

Gothic 4 wasn't even by the same studio, and I think they made them drop the "Gothic" part of the title after a legal battle. Now it's just "Arcania".

One can mitigate the voice acting by switching it to another language and playing with your native language on subs. Kinda turn it into something like The Sims which is why I asked user above if it can be done.

Anyways, I did some googling and you can do it through ini tweaks.

Steamspy stats says 7k sold on first day. No idea how many refunds since steamspy only tracks overall owners. I think I might wait for for the 5 dolla sale despite having played every Gothic and Risen, strangely enough I don't remember anything about arcania.

drm free

Should I bother installing the game?

I think it was called "Arcania: Gothic 4" instead. Jowood owned Gothic until they went bankrupt, after which PB bought it.

The game had 13k players a few hours after you could download it yesterday, right now 16k people are playing it and that's Steam only, the game was cheaper on GOG for Europeans and a lot of people bought from there (from the World of ELEX poll, roughly half Steam and half GOG, so probably around 20, 30% bought it on GOG). I pirated it just now but I'm definitely buying it. It runs good, it plays well and I am loving the world.

Don't you feel the jetpack ruined the whole game?

That's what I mean. It's no longer Arcania: Gothic 4, it's just Arcania now. The gothic part is gone.

Also how do I join the clerics?

They said no DLCs.
All Comments are unrealistically good apart from two in russian those poles can't read.
We already had hours of gameplay which proofed it isn't that good before it was even released.
Yes but there is only one person remaining from the original Gothic 1 and 2 team.
It also seems to be progressive as fuck. The women who did playtesting in the last games is still there. The situation here in Germany is pretty bad. The institutionalised brainwashing works too well. Help me!
The women look like trannys: youtu.be/QFac9ySKrsA?t=12003
The UI like it was done in MS Paint.

gamestar.de/artikel/elex-7-dinge-die-man-vor-dem-kauf-wissen-sollte,3319841.html

*face expressions and faces repeat

Personally, I couldn't bring myself to like even Risen 1, I hated the combat and the player character was very bland, unlike Gothic, where the PC is anything but. I probably won't even bother with Risen 2 and 3, let alone Elex.

Gothic 3 still hurts.

Twisting the knife there, user.

Who are you quoting?

I'm quoting what's said in the videos I linked.

To be more specific:
from video linked above

Translation of stuff said in the article

refers to the GOG page: gog.com/game/elex

I guess this sums it up. And in the trash it goes!

Should we make a REgoth thread?
For all that don't know: REgoth is an open sauce remake of the game engine used for gothic. You can useit to play gothic on a modern PC with modern graphic effects.
I haven't tried it yet but I will.
This is a water demonstration from 2 years ago.
youtube.com/watch?v=QN5_0SrHF58

At the moment it's still 0.4 but you can play through Gothic 1 with it.

Yeah, apparently, Gothic 1 is now beatable in REGoth. I'm going to wait until it hits 1.0, right now I'm quite comfortable with the Systempack on the vanilla engine. I hope it brings some new blood into Gothic modding, which was never really that much alive to begin with.

Not at all. It adds a lot of vertical movement and more options for combat. The game and the map was clearly designed around it with most enemies switching to ranged weapons if you try to hover and spam ranged weapons.

It's retards being retards and the game isn't anything like Skyrim or Fallout 4 aside from the open world, fantasy and RPG thing. I really hate that people hate on games without actually trying it themselves. Just pirate it and give it a whirl instead of shitting all over it on second hand information. I'm loving the fucking huge world, the difficulty, the quests and some of the dialogue is really good, I can safely say that there is over 70 hours of actual content here just for the first playthrough.

stfu shill
No arguments presented. You playing it doesn't make it good and this is the one time a comparision to bethesdas grinding games is actually valid.
Everything you write like vertical movement reads like an advertisement.
Present a screenshot of what you think is good or fuck off.

here is a fast gog torrent

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:abfd09bccf8e20d5bd417b6391377ac9f760ac91

elex had zero marketing

Calling me a shill isn't an argument either cunt.
It's pointless to argue against people like you because you'll respond with half-truths or just deflecting with something else like shill or bad graphics, so basically fuck you faggot and ID hidden.

Gothic and Gothic 2 had shit animation, UI, gameplay (debatable), and voice acting but they're still hailed as classics even over here. Stop trying to be le edgy contrarian man just because it's a new product. So far it's easily PB's best game since G2.

What difficulty setting you chose?

and can you change the difficulty later?

And the shilling starts again.

Normal.
You can.

Wow you're not just a fucking retard, you're the worst kind of retard.

And you're the worst kind of shill
not just "because"
Dude. I view good games as art not as a generic product like a lamp or bread.
Like I said

Googled it. Apparently 12 people out of the 20-30 (estimated numbers) are Gothic veterans.
PB game stories are always about the adventure rather than the destination you dumb cunt. Your goal from the get go is simple: Stop the albs, but it's what you do on the road there.
It's about variety, not about being the smoothest out there. You have 1 handed, 2 handed, 1 handed with shield, mines, grenades, guns, crossbows, bows and special weapons like flamethrowers, grenade launchers and rocket lanuchers.
That's a bad thing? You're grasping at straws here you braindead fuck. RPGs are about freedom, not restrictions, and this just shows how open the world of ELEX is and how if you can see something, you can go there unlike say Bethesda games.
Jump off a skyscraper mongo.

There is only 1 FOUNDER remaining. About half the team still currently employed has worked on Gothic. Learn to read.

Wew, and I'm the newfag here

If you knew anything about it you could have even gotten me to buy your trash, Mr. vacuum cleaner vendor.
>Apparently 12 people out of the 20-30 (estimated numbers) are Gothic veterans.
Gothic 3 doesn't count as 2 or 1!
Sadly that's not a story.

No Gothic has a nice story about a jail island with magic. You always have a goal.
Like getting employed in the beginning of G2 to get to the upper part of the town to warn the ruler.

Give me a source then, I'd love to actually see that info come from somewhere credible.

Neither is Gothic 2's. You know, the one that's widely considered the epitome of the franchise? The story in that game is literally "Oh no the big bad was never truly dead and this time he brought dragons!!! Go vanquish them all!1!". So once again your argument falls completely flat.

Has anyone joined the Clerics? Am I supposed to make my way all the way over there on foot at a low level?

Finished the tutorial and got to first town.

The writing is mediocre. You can't even skip dialogue. But the worst of it are the controls. Fucking cancer, made for consoles.

You're not supposed to get all the way there on foot.

I think the writing is fine although nothing out of this world. You can skip dialogue with M2 (right mouse button). My main gripe is that you can't close certain windows without pressing or clicking the backspace button.

No, there's some guy near the starting area who's recruiting for them.

I can get over the writing and graphics.. but the controls are just shit. Unresponsive, not accurate, in building or during combat gets even worse!!!

In which direction? And does he teleport you to the faction base after you join?

It's a double-A game so I didn't really have high hopes for it but man, if your core gameplay mechanics like combat aren't up to snuff, it just ain't gonna last.

Admittedly the controls are a bit funky and in my opinion the single worst legitimate issue with the game. I've had my character often dodge when I didn't want him to. The

This. I really wanted to like the game but the controls are pure fucking shit! And I think it's the engine. It was made for fucking consoles. Fuck this shit!

If it's anything like their previous work it'll be an absolute gem. A rough one, I won't lie to you, and not without flaws, but a gem none the less.

People tend to forget that they're a fairly small studio making middle-market games for what…30-40 dollars? Games that often have interesting elements that, for some reason, don't get used almost at all in other games.

You know…like being possessed by and turning into a demon! Which is the perfect plot device.

Never mind, just remembered that they're two completely different studios.

I don't really get why so many of you are shitting on this game. It's not Gothic thats true but yet it sometimes feels like gothic and it gives me a warm feeling. To be fair, yes the combat isn't that good and the graphics are ass too but the atmosphere, the gameplay, voiceacting (playing the german version like you are supposes to),quest design and exploration are great in my opinion. Now you niggers can call me a shill or whatever but i enjoy this game for what it is and you should too. At least pirate it and when you like it you can buy it to support PB so they maybe one day make a game with a good combat system again.

gas the mutants, guild war now

I'll pirate game and if i like it, i'll buy it, even though sci-fy is not my favorite genre.

I laughed.

Can you become a robot? I really like the white robots I've seen posted here. Also, do you get mech or robot allies?

I know that I need to make my way over there to join them, but I wanted to know if I had to walk all the way over there to start the process.

I still can't find anyone. Someone on steam says there's someone west of tavar mountain, but that's kind far from the start. Is that what you meant?

Doesn't really matter when the fighting and controls don't work..

Bump limit and my internet connection both decided to betray me, but fuck it, i'l say what i want.

WHY THE FUCK DESSERT OUTLAW NIGGERS IS A FACTION INSTEAD OF ABILITY TO JOIN ALBS OR SEPARATISTS?! THIS IS THE WORST FUCKING THIRD FACTION CHOICE PB HAD MADE, FUCK THIS SHIT, YOU CAN ONLY KILL ALBS

Savage digits.

So what is the best Sci-fi RPG released in the past 30 years?

Because Albs have no emotion and only care about Elex you stupid fuck. They'll kill and harvest anyone to get their Elex.

New Vegas and ELEX

E.Y.E.

Just play it like Gothic:

For Elex it would be:
And i forgot to mention that you probably should do the joining quests for every faction, regardless of who you join in the end.
at least thats the way i will do it

albs are just the clerics in drug abusing and culture of kill

You can to to the domed city in the sothwest of the grasslands.The teleporter there also unlocks the teleporter at the clerics main base.
Also, if you follow the road east of the domed town, you will meet a suggestor of the clerics who will bring you there. He will even "give" you entry with no strings attached when you lie to him, since he then believes you need "saving"

Northwest of the grasslands, not sothwest. Marked "the relic" if Ragnar sent you out to scout locations

Is this game gonna get any better?

Drop it like it's hot.

You dropped original gothic for that too, pleb? Character creation happens through the game instead, there are hard stats in elex just like in gothic.

It's magically elex enhanced, lmao.

I gotta say I unironically like the setting. Thought it was going to turn into some crap, but it looks rather smoothly for now.

Dude I found weed growing on Berserker Island in the south lmao

Do you ever get to meet Bloody Baxter? After the quest where Rat replaces Blake he says that he got to meet Baxter and that he's still alive, but if you go back and follow them into the desert they just wander around aimlessly.

bump

Thanks for this. I'm having a hard time just beating the entry-level mutant rats at the moment.

Using my Xbox controller on my PC. It doesn't appear that you can rebind the buttons, and the jump and interact buttons are reversed for some perverse reason. The right trigger is the heavy attack, which means the fucking mutant rats get the drop on me really easily while I try to retrain my brain to hit the right bumper.

I hate that you can't customize your character, but I can live with it. But the protagonist's voice actor is shit, and the combat is annoying. It looks like it has potential, but there are some really irritating problems with it.

If anyone here is having problems with the pink/purple water bullshit, go download the latest AMD drivers. Fixed it right up.

I see what they did there.

Outlaws confirmed for americans

What do people think of the game? I wanted to see which consoles it came out on and saw a pretty mediocre metacritic rating. I've sunk 10 hours into it and enjoying it so far, I'd rate it above Risen 1 which I thought was a step in the right direction following the spirit of Gothic 2.

Now I have 37 cunning and need a total of 40 for the Personality trait which gives extra charisma.
Only another few lvls until I can start investing in health and combat stuff :^) Fuck them for adding these perks.

No I actually liked Gothic.
Hence why I wrote modern. There is literally no excuse not to include character creation other than the devs being huge faggots

Only insecure fags care about making a self insert character because they hate their real selves.

Berserker or Cleric for a mage/ranged character? The special bow attacks (do they consume mana?) seem neat, you get a minion, a heal and an offensive aoe attack.
But I saw a video of the Cleric glove with fucking black hole "spells" and shit, also their jedi mind tricks are cool. I haven't tried laser rifles and shit yet, maybe they have better aiming than the bow which can be super hard to hit with at some angles.
Do you guys recon I can do both dex for bows/rifles and int for gloves or should I focus on one thing?

Story-wise I'm leaning towards the Berserkers because they make the most sense, but I've only just finished up the town and gotten the invitation to join. I've barely scratched on the surfaces of the other factions. I sort of want to join them right here on the spot to get new unlocks but I'd throw away experience and I'm also curious about the Clerics.
If I don't join them now, I probably need to go for higher dex and str to use better ranged weapons. I'm still using unupgraded starter bow.

I forgot to ask, can you actually see how much total health you have in a number? I can see my constitution, but it doesn't say what 1 con gives me and health is only represented by the meter on the UI with no numbers.

What's your point? I play games to ESCAPE my worthless existence. You're not telling us anything we don't already know. Why the hell do you think we hate that cunt Sarkesian so much? She's managed to poison a fair amount of the one thing that allows us to escape the pain that is the real world.

Why are you even on this board?

So… you're using second hand information and misquoting Gamestar.

I'm going with Clerics personally they seem to have the cooler ranged wepons, the other option would be outlaws for guns but they dont have any magic, just looks like they do drugs to give themselves buffs

TECHNOLOGY

Yeah, except you can clearly see in elex he also got fire neck.

Berserkers - Old Camp
Outlaws - New Camp
Clerics - Swamp Camp

Depends on how you think about it. In my mind Berserkers are more like the New Camp, they have the most solid plan (blowing up the shield/healing the planet) even though they have some technophobes they have a pretty reasonable society.
Outlaws are more like the Old Camp, they just attempt to make the best of the current shitty situation without trying to make any real changes except to control everything. Though to be fair I haven't really done any of their quests.
I agree with the Clerics being like the Swamp Camp though.

I seriously hope I can genocide all these stupid fucking treehuggers, Jesus fucking christ.