Fourth Wall breaking horror

What're some games that break the fourth wall to spook you? It could be games that start off innocent enough and turn into a fourth wall breaking spookfest, or it could be a section in the game that does like in MGS2. I really like that type of horror but don't see it that often.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Doki Doki Literature Club.

I'm surprised nobody remembers this game.

undertale :^)

Mettaton is cuter than these samefaced slags

Kill yourself.

Oh boy here we go

Fourth wall breaking is never good, and it's even worse in that game because it explicitly ruins what would otherwise have been a passable VN.

I will beat you to death with the fourth wall.

You mean when a game grabs you and starts screeching
I AM A VIDEO GAME LOOK AT ME I'M JUST A GAME WERE YOU HAVING A COMFY TIME WELL GUESS WHAT I'M NOT REAL I'M JUST A GAME LOL XDDDDDDD UPBOAT BAZINGA
at you when you're just trying to have fun? Yeah, fuck that.

Have you played Eternal Darkness? If not, play Eternal Darkness.

Is that VN just a total bait and switch or is it only on certain routes like if you fuck up? What's the point if everyone is aware that's what it is at this point?

t. pleb who never watched fresh prince of belair, kill yourself my man

This game, because it was shit and the devs should have just made a Telltale shit game instead.

Fuck that game. Shit is monotonous and awfully boring for just two spooks.

Yeah, none of then did that

The third encounter with Scarecrow in Arkham Asylum

>decide to check cuckchan to see how bad things could get
>literally "guys which girl is most likely to cheat on my for a black guy, this is important!
It was fun while it lasted but holy shit please stop. Please, you don't know what forces you're messing with.

I'm loving every minute of it. I hate horror games and it's cathartic to see the fans get fucked over again and again.

This game was practically designed for angsty tumblrtards.
Admit it, everyone saw this coming.

Does that VN actually has a full translation or what?

No, just that one scene.

So, what's the super special awesome spoopy 4th wall horror it has?
I was gonna mention the yandere autistic girl with a bat game but it's been mentioned already.

Just end me now.

Not sure you can really call this one a game but it is horrifying.

walking also has an interesting little feature where it'll add a new machine to your network called DOOMBOX or something to that effect. trying to access it yields no results and definitely spooked me the first time i had that wallpaper fuckery you see at the end of that webm

Happy birthday to you

So with shit like this, why cant we have fancy transitions into the game's start up?
Sure it's not needed 99.9% of the time, but getting some fancy animation rather than your monitor just cutting to black could be neat.

I too would also like to know this because the idea, while usually really cheesy, is kind of neat and has potential.

Shit I keep forgetting that this is isn't the board for discussing things related to video games, silly me I keep getting it mixed up with /nofun/ the actual video games board.

Why not just filter the thread and fuck off then? you don't see me going into the threads about things I don't like and REEEEEEEEing the an autist.

Let's have an Undertale thread then

Maybe that was me. Soon we will see everyone freaking out at simple mention of the game because it is cancer just like undertale and other artsy pretentious 4th wall breaking low effort garbage.

Please god let me live long enough to see you fags learn to identify such games from thread 1 and bury them to hell where they belong.

People here don't read. They saw the doki doki picture and just assumed it was another doki doki thread. Careful what you post as your OP picture on this board, you can derail your own thread before the first post is even made.

My biggest problem with Kid Icarus Uprising

I liked Doki Doki, but everything said is true. It's a real shame, it'll ruin the game (which is not awesome, but is enjoyable) for a lot of people.

The worst part is that the game would be so much better if it focused on the psicological exploration of the characters instead of breaking the 4th wall and being "muh scary". I though that the game was going to punish you for going on one girl's route, and that it would reward acting like a decent person that cared about everyone.

I genuinely felt bad for going Yuri and completely ignoring Sayori, and when she hanged herself, I was like "oh shit, I've been a total arsehole, what have I done?!". I expected the game to be sort of a critique of VNs, to comment on how VNs treat their characters, how they are there just as a mean to get a bunch of sexy CG.

Instead, I got scary 4th wall breaking, which was OK, was nicely done, but is not something that mindblowing. I think it could have been so much more. Getting a glimpse of the girls mind through their poems was pretty neat. I'd have liked the game to go down that path instead.

Pic more or less related. For some reason, I really liked that one.

If only Mark and his cronies weren't a bunch of worthless kikes and actually manged the board, I want to go back to the good old days of Holla Forums when we actually talked and discuss shit not just screeched about everything.
The MGS games are still on my backlog

Why is it cancer? because you say so? it's an average at best meh at worst 1 hour visual novel with a gimmick that's nothing special. The fact that you trying to compare it to a game that it's nothing like says a lot, you don't like it thus nobody else can like it and having a few threads about it somehow is the end of the world. There are actual threads that are consistently posted that have almost nothing to do with video games and nobody bats an eye but some average VN has a few threads about it or is even mentioned and a bunch of autists show up screeching about it shitting up the thread.

The only thing that will ruin it is people screeching any time it's mentioned, because then nobody can talk about it.

I like it as it is but yeah it would have really benefitted a lot more from more content. It should have paced itself a bit better too, once Sayori dies it goes full steam ahead on the meta story when a slower burn would have been more effective.

Fuck off britshit. Your mudshit masters wouldn't like you being here.

You've done that at least once in your posting history, I'd bet my life on it. I've personally had plenty of threads with at least one of these kinds of comments, and I'm fine with it because if the game is good then I should have the proper evidence to defend it.

I like being here.

Where could I get this?