Ruiner

What the literal fuck did I just play?

Did NicheGamer really give this shit a 10?

You could've written this as a paragraph as opposed to a giant block of green letters.

Should I have used reddit spacing instead?

Nobody is asking you to space every sentence

There's nothing wrong with unskippable dialogues if its good.
Nothing wrong with that.
Because you can respec without any limit, at some point you can easily replace something for dash.
Stun needs to be OP
Literally nothing wrong wiht that, stop being shieldhater.
Nothing wrong with that again, good game mechanic. The only balancing issue here is the fact it doesn't kill faster
What? Did you just complained about a skill being OP and want it to become more OP? This is the moment when op becomes hypocrite.
Because that's a feature
There's nothing wrong with that.
Nothing wrong with that, get gud.
Because that's a feature, you dumb fuck. Learn how to play with karma.
Hub area is a nice addon to the rest of the game.
The only good argument, could use location variety.
Git gud again.
Nothing wrong with that.
If they weren't, you would be too overpowered.
Learn how to use it right.
No of course.

Here, i made a reply op wanted, think for yourself if it was worth it. Also i am dividing reply into two parts.

Nothing wrong with enemies knowing how to overpower you with their unique abilities.
That's called tactic.
Just like in dark souls.
He wants OP skill to become more OP again.
Maybe its just a gimmick for you, but its a tactical view for some people.
Unique enemies must remain this way, it brings more diversity to the gameplay.
Because you complain too much.
Because you need to press buttons to play a game.
In many games bosses get recycled.
Because its an enemy you learn to fight differently with your newly respected build.
Nothing wrong with it, you didn't deserved better
Good, more content in the future.

Hotline miami if it were shit

I… what the fuck?
There's not a whole lot of weight to your choices if you can respec at any time, even in combat. It's fine if you want to experiment, but it begs the question why your powers aren't introduced to you in a linear fashion and have the game progression be built around that as opposed to the free-form jamboree currently present. I don't get the feeling that the game is built around me having to use learn and master any power except for Dash and Shield for the Mother fights if I don't want to take any damage. Stuff like the Momentum upgrade for your dash where you deal more damage depending on how far you travel around during a Chain Dash should have been explored by the enemies, as opposed to being offered as a side note.
Why the fuck does it need to be?
What the fuck kind of argument is this?
There's nothing good about your bosses and the challenge you want them to pose to the player if they can be killed in the most braindead playstyle possible which completely nullifies all their attacks.
Read again. I'd suggested i-frame dashing at the cost of longer dash charge recharging. It's not like you can attack while dashing all the time as it is now either.
What the fuck is that supposed to imply? That all features are supposed to be upgrades?
Why not?
There's not much to git gud on when there's a random chance that your shot might be completely nullified, other than just sticking to melee weapons only.
Playing with karma doesn't really involve much beyond opening boxes and using weapon grinders, something everyone can do. My gripe is that it's pointless filler to get to your upgrades and that it could have been cut out without too much fuss while maintaining the pacing.
There's barely anything of narrative relevance in the hub, the sidequests are MMO-tier, and if you were to ignore it all it's just a place where you go from point A to B before you can go to the next level.
I don't mind redoing the whole level, what I do mind is having to sit through all the story filler and aimless walking before I get to the next point which make it incredibly obvious that levels in Ruiner weren't designed to be intensely replayed. There is a literal elevator ride that takes a good 15-20 seconds in a level you'd have to sit through each time you restart. Twice.
It wouldn't be too much to ask if arenas were actually designed around speedkilling.
How the fuck does more enemies spawning at a time and more constantly make you overpowered?
There's barely anything to use it on. I'm sitting here doing the little fucking jiggaboo waiting for the next thug to get on the fucking stage so I can drain his soul to fuel my Devil Trigger, but by the time he does the combo already defaulted to squat.
They don't overpower me with it, they merely annoy me with it. It'd be interesting if they actually teleported behind me to flank me while a large group of enemies came from the other side, but I have never seen the AI actually trying to coordinate such an effort. All I'm really doing here is waiting until they're done teleporting so I can give them a proper smack.
It'd be a tactic if the enemies adapted on the fly which'd force me to do the same, like correcting my position through dashing when they dash as well, which does happen. But if it's some static behaviour they keep performing regardless of the situation, like doing a groundpound attack when I'm not even remotely in range and preventing me from closing in, it's a waste of my time.
That doesn't excuse the fact.
If I need to double-jump to be able to get on every platform, then you might as well double the jumping distance so you only need to jump once. Moreover you can always chain dash to the edge of the screen in half a second, manual dashing is just inefficient in comparison

What the fuck are you on about? I'm saying the viewpoint makes it unnecessarily more complicated to gauge whether you're aiming at an enemy correctly, as I've often found that I'm only hitting a stationary enemy when I'm aiming around their head.
It'd be more diverse if those unique enemies appeared alongside common enemies or other unique enemies, like the vampires in the second Heavy Cyborg fight.
Are you just arguing for the sake of arguing at this point? You don't have to respond to everything.
You do know I'm talking about the section where you're holding King on a leash and have to hold E so he can move his fat ass and open some barriers which really had no reason to exist at all beyond torturing him for shits 'n giggles? Did you even play the game?
That does not make it excusable. And it's not like anything new gets added after the second time you fight the Heavy Cyborg. King Cyborg is literally the Heavy Cyborg three times over, and every single of his phases is the same aside from the second and third not dropping any health and energy pickups after damaging him. And even after that the Heavy Cyborg is recycled two more times with nothing new added to the mix.
the first five heavy cyborgs are fought in a row with no other boss between them, including King Cyborg who is just three Heavy Cyborg fights in a row, all of these fights take place near the end of the game and you mostly don't have more than two new upgrade points between each heavy cyborg fight
what

I swear, did you even play the game, or are you just talking out of your ass here?

What if I want to play the fucking game? Hotline miami has skippable dialogue, and I'm able to fucking play through all the levels without having to reread the whole fucking story. Are you actually retarded? You even contradict yourself with your overpowered and underpowerered argument.
You're just as bad as the fucking idiot who made this thread. Sage in all fields, and dubs checkem.

Game is designed around that you fuckwit.

It is, and it is a moronic decision. If you want to use a certain skill, you can just unspec one skill tree you do not need at the moment for the one you do want. If all it takes is a brief trip to the menu to be able to use any skill to your liking, then you might as well have all the skills available to you at any time, or better yet, have skills introduced to you in a linear fashion and have levels be built around the usage of these new skills. But in this case builds don't really matter.

Constant respeccing is already encouraged by the limited action button slots. Space can only hold Overload, Shield, and Barrier, Q can only hold the healing ability and Ghost Hack, and Shift can only hold Stun Grenade, Frag Grenade, and Supply Drop. You can't have more than one bound to the same button. You're given a radial menu to switch between skills sharing the same button, but an even more efficient way is to just unspec whatever ability I'm using in a currently occupied button slot and spec into another skill which requires that button. It's not like those upgrade points in abilities that are assigned to a currently occupied button are being used, so why not unspec them and put them into passive abilities like having more health and ammo?

It's just like you said, the game is designed around this crap.

Being able to respecc your character on the fly was a huge plus for me. It encourages you to experiment with all the skills and makes the gameplay feel very dynamic. The one critic point i can understand is the game´s repetitiveness. Every level is a cyberpunk factory and bosses get recycled multiple times. I hope they fix this in future expansions. As for the unskippable cutscenes, considering that every dialogue in this game just consists of a few lines and you can just spam e, because it doesn´t matter what you answer, you can shortcut throug them very fast. Probably takes maybe a few seconds.

Can someone just post all of the chick's splash art
I forget to grab it from the last Ruiner thread we had

Nice blog post.

Reported for being either a paid shill or a butthurt dev.

You must be over 18 to post here.

so why didn't they just give you all of the skills at once without having to respec to use a skill, and also give you more hotkeys?

I know it's frowned upon but I couldn't resist.
Should've thrown an inb4 for good measure.

Being able to respec != being able to use them all at once. You're still limited at what can yo use simultaneously.

Yes you should have. The reddit spacing meme is the single dumbest cancer on this board has had. Why the fuck would someone complain about proper paragraph spacing?

t. reddit

the game is paused while you respec skills, you can do it as much as you want and nothing is preventing you from doing so
moreover you're more likely to respec active abilities than your dash/stat upgrades, and because of energy limitations you're not going to use a whole lot simultaneously either, yet it's more optimal to respec into the active abilities you're going to use instead of leaving points in active abilities you aren't going to use for the immediate future

OP, don't forget that if you use the railgun with fully upgraded Focus, you have infinite bullet time if you keep spawning in railguns, thus breaking the game at any difficulty.

That said, the gameplay was decent and fresh, the aesthetic was comprehensively implemented and fresh and the weapons and characters were interesting.

What has been so good in the last five years that you're actively mad about Ruiner for? The game industry doesn't sit up and take notes when these mystery games do well, so the best we can do is enjoy them for what they are. Also, the developers put out a patch a week or so ago. Why not send all this shit to them too? Maybe they'll fix some of these things for you?

Am i getting baited here?

ikr? Niggers be thinking it's some literature conquest smh

I did happen to get hyped for this game because I have a weakness for anything cyberpunk and the gameplay seemed to be on par with (comparatively) minimalistic games like Furi and Nex Machina.
Unfortunately I'm also the kind of person to write long blogposts about videogames.

I do like the general flow of the gameplay, but it's bogged down by crap I feel could have been easily avoided.
Maybe I'll bitch about it as well on Steam given that the developers have an active presence there, though I don't know whether devs can see your hrs played even if you set your profile to private. I'd buy the Complete Edition sometime later, probably.

Maybe not the worst, but surely the gayest thread in the catalog ATM.

Yes, and you are a faggot for bumping.

where did you imply this from

The main character is pretty cool looking
This game is alot like Hyper light drifter which is pretty coolIn my opinion the biggest drawback of Ruiner is its music, the music is shit, it's just some indieshit singing and action movie drums, would have been so much better with some darker neo-80s or outrun music instead

Why can't you fucking cunts learn to construct proper, argumentative, compressed bodies of text instead of filling the whole page with inane bullshit?

I guess Ruiner is on par with E.Y.E. when it comes to causing brain damage in both fans and haters?

Just played through for the first time took me 3-4 hours so its a really short game.
Love the aesthetic of it.
Cant wait for the DLC.

For all the developers faults hyper light drifter was great.
I felt there were times where the music was great and other where it wasn't as good but I never thought it was shit.

The soundtrack doesn't have all of the songs from the game.

That is all.

That's weird, good thing the soundtrack is shit though

For a fast-paced precision-based game like HLD being 30 fps locked made it irredeemable shit from get go.
After they fixed it and added conventional dash system it suddenly became a decent game.
It's also pretty long for what it is, apparently like 3 times longer than Ruiner.

It's not locked for me user

Read his post

Fuck off, stop acting like you even know what having taste is, let alone good taste, you fucking troglodyte.