Video Player Like VLC for Sony PSP

Ok fam, I'm running a Sony PSP with custom firm: 6.20 PRO B10.

I have 200 animes which I want to be able to watch on my PSP.

I know I could convert each individual file one by one. But I am not going to.
I'm not going to because I remembered you guys.

So, is there a homebrew VLC player for PSP? Or something like it? (That actually works)

Do you seriously think a PSP is up to the task of playing current day anime formats? Even a Vita likely isn't. Transcoding w/ hardsubbing for the built-in video player is your only real option, learn to use ffmpeg.

Nigga get a 80$ android

The PSP is not made for that, just get a 50 dollars chinese phone. It will be better than that.

You're not going to fit much on even the biggest memory stick why bother

Try something like MPV you idiot.

You could get them fairly small at PSP resolution. It'd matter more for Vita resolution but those have SD card adapters now.

A CLI-based program? You're cute.

any device can play video, fam. Maybe not the best video and audio. But, bro it's PSP so I don't expect the best.

I have an android. My question is Psp related.

32mb is enough for the entire series of Dragon Ball, or all studio Ghibli

dude. I already know I'm an idiot, why else would I call on you faggots for help.

Now does anyone know a reliable video player for PSP? There must be a VLC homebrew or even, dare I say it, Windows media player.

I don't care if it isn't the best quality.
I don't care if I'm an idiot.
I already have many other devices, most of them android.

I'm specifically after a video player for PSP. You all think you are baddass hackerman but you can't solve this simple problem.

One more try….

Try PMPlayer Advance then, it uses its own format.

Your sole solution is to use a converter, for instance Handbrake, and convert your .mkv videos to the universal format MP4 profile (with hard-subbing if you wish for subtitles), and respecting the psp screen resolution (480x272)

Too bad because that's likely the only solution, whether you like it or not.

Best you can play is low res H.264 mainline stuff, which almost no encoding group is gonna release nowadays unless they're specifically releasing for a PSP.

If it has the codecs to do so.
The PSP doesn't have modern codecs, therefore you have to convert shit into a format it understands.

I bet you watch dubs too you faggot.

I watch these dubs

For god's sake I restrained myself from responding after he outed himself as a pretend idiot, and you fuckers ruined it.

are we being raided?

I'm either Hillary Clinton or Sam Hyde.

There's no way he isn't baiting. I feel like he legit got the question when trying to put something on his PSP and wrote up the OP just for some laughs. This thread had a relatively low amount of shitposting or people flipping shit at him for being from Leddit when people actually scream at others for being Ledditors just for having a basic difference in opinion or using a certain word. If he's not baiting, it's entirely possible he's come here from Mark's Sonic Mania stream which DID bring in a few laughable threads, but not many.

His post here though shows that either he's just some faggot trying to be funny by giving some names that are really well-known on this website or that he's limpwristed and gave up on his ruse quickly after someone called him out. The latter seems to be far more likely, as I've gotten dumb ideas for my shitty GIMP edits or /s8s/ posts from random things in day to day life. If he legit heard about the site elsewhere I'm sure that having to click on a posts number to reply to it would've thrown him off. On top of that, he used leddit spacing or whatever the fuck people are flipping shit about, so, he obviously thinks it's a bad thing that'll get people going. I highly doubt that most people from Reddit, as dumb as they are, actually think that the formatting works the same universally on every single website; most of those people probably have Twitters or some shit.

Regardless I think user is just trying to rustle up some shit. He could've taken this smoothly, but he was a little too on-the-nose and he basically threw his ruse by doing so.

Some Anons have said that we were being raided by NeoGAF "for a week now" in some thread, but that shit gets said a lot. Generally speaking, there's a whole lot more shitposting than you'd think, here, and if a post is trying to stir up shit and is "too stupid to be true", you can be sure it's just some faggot trying to get some delicious (You) action without actually making any good OC or a high quality post and contributing to a thread instead. It's kind of a problem that plagued 4chan as well, and in recent times it's slowly started to become more and more of a problem on Holla Forums as well. Nobody seems to notice or give a shit though, and most people worth a damn just give up on the site instead of trying to contribute. Shit's been bad; go into nearly any thread about a popular game or into a notoriously cancerous general and watch as everyone continues to use the same basic shitposts over and over, and even worse, watch as people actually take those shitposts seriously instead of just leaving them there. But yeah basically Holla Forums is being destroyed by itself moreso than any boogeyman, as people who make notoriously shitty posts and actually ARE from other communities tend to let it show or just leave because the humor here is too "edgy" for them.

Great solution.
As a reward, have this fine Baskin' Robin

Jesus Christ
I was wondering why it felt like garbage to browse around here in recent weeks; I'd taken a break from Holla Forums for a bit aside from the GG threads from time to time and my fucking god, it felt like shit to look at the catalog and see next to nothing good on it. I try to report more often than I used to, but the hotpockets don't feel like they do anything, and when they do it feels almost random with who's posts they even bother to delete

I've tried making some threads that I'm satisfied with, but they haven't gotten *too* much traction. I'll encourage more people to make good posts; thanks for the heads-up user

exactly. Thanks for getting it

Yeah, this place has become a paranoia fuckfest with tons of shitposters astroturfing and demoralizing the actual good posters. We gotta try and make Holla Forums, no, not just Holla Forums, but Holla Forums great again. Holla Forums is a great starting place as it shows great potential, as all that's needed is some proper education on how to handle shitposting. Most of my posts are all autistic walls of text or at least have a decent amount of words in them, and I've been practicing with GIMP and I got a graphics tablet so I can try to drawfag to make OC, but I'm not very good at being a drawfag. I need to practice more on that aspect, but, yeah, I hope we can give more life to this place; all it's doing is rotting and the shittier posts are slowly starting to outweigh the good ones. There will always be Anons who want this board to be good, so they'll always post good content, but people have been giving up and it's up to us autistic faggots to keep posting well and not contribute to shitfests.

You got me on your side, user. Know that you don't fight alone.

Anyways. For anyone actually wondering how to get vidya onto psp, the best method is to download something like PSP Video 9, convert the files in there, and then drag them across onto your psp. The converter is already setup to convert files into the right format that will just play. A super easy solution for a lazy weirdo that is autistic enough to want to play vidya on psp but too lazy to want to program some custom software. Works pretty good and does the job. Each file conversion takes approximately 75% of the time of the running time of the film itself. So leave your pc converting for a week and come back to psp format videos. Then profit. It will even work for English dubbed videos.

Full process :

1:Download PSP Video 9
2: Open PSP Video 9
3: Go to settings
4: For device, select "PSP (PlayStation Portable)
5: For profile, select" MPEG-4 AVC 720x480 1024kbps Stereo/128kbps"
5: Go to convert
6: Select your existing video file
7: Convert the file selecting the widescreen and best audio and best video quality
8: Copy the newly converted video file into the "VIDEO" folder of your PSP root directory on your memory card
9: Profit