STAR WARS GALAXIES WITH JTL: Halloween Event Edition

Server has rolled back to october 3rd due to DB issue., to compensate the following bonuses are in for the next fourteen days;
Experience Bonus (Combat, Crafting, Space, Chronicles): 7.0x
Harvester Extraction Bonus: 3.5x
Rare Loot System Bonus: 2.0x
Token Bonus (Space, Chronicles, GCW): 4.0x
Heroic Token Bonus: 2.0x
Galactic Civil War Point Bonus: 7.0x
Mission Terminal Daily Limit: 3.0x

Our home hasn't been spirited away, however some of you who recently made a character may have been poofed.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED
NOW IS THE TIME TO JOIN
7.0x XP gain will rocket you to 90 or master pilot within a day, using the /referrer command on someone will also grant you a one time instant level 50 holocron and the target some gifts.

HOW TO JOIN US:
1. download the SWG FULL DISK SET
(Torrent on private trackers should read as being 1.7GIB)
Piratebay torrent for people with VPNs/who dont care
thepiratebay.org/torrent/8654114/Star_Wars_Galaxies_-_SWGemu
The launcher enhanced.exe in this torrent is useless for this server, feel free to delete it.

2. register with a non Ten minute mail email(try mail.com)
swghope.com/forums/register.php

3.Download the launcher the SWGHOPE website provides and wait for approval, begin patching when you can, this will take a while.

4. Skip the tutorial if you feel like it by ticking the box in character creation, press the large white button on the right side of your screen and send a message via mail to "Sam" "Adecio" or "Slab" for recruitment (Sam preferred)

5. Enjoy the game relatively grind free, mos eisley has a halloween event running currently for costumes, items and decorations. Once entered into the guild you will be sent a waypoint to our house outside of Bestine, tatooine. we can vote later on if we wish to live elsewhere.

Other urls found in this thread:

swg.wikia.com/wiki/TIE_Defender
swghope.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I might have to hop on and do some grinding.

Ayy. Thornyr reporting in. I'll try to be on a bit tomorrow to slowly work my way back up to the harvester infrastructure I had. I'm going to hate it and want to die but better than nothing.

the holocron combined with the huge level jumps you get doing the GCW collections should make it easy to get a crafter pretty close to 90

god i miss our krayt dragon spawn point/neverending jawa/tusken war rape bunker

Ah right. It was x3 before right? With x7 doing just the defense build GCW collections will probably jump me up to just shy of 90, then crafting some harvesters will get me the rest of the way.

NGE has a feature where we can pack the entire house, decorations and all into the datapad, meaning if we have enough people to settle down and form a city, we could live out in the dunes near the bad dragon graveyard once again.

EEEEEE
Guess Ill have to message an admin, my exp boost shit and the holocron shit is missing.

/referrer is working again and i'm currently around all day to recruit. come on in fags.

Thornyr here. I'm available to add people to the guild as needed as well. I'll also try to pump out houses for people if they want or need them.

How long you fags going to be on? I'll pop on later. I think I need another invite to the guild as well.

I'm going to be around most of the day while I get resources and shit to get our industry rolling again.

Ill be around most of the day as well leveling/decorating the bunker and getting my trader reset.

For anyone interested in joining we need:
Officers, Commandos, Chef/Tailors(domestics traders) and Munitions/Armorsmiths

Holy shit Peko Pekos are fucking titanic

A reminder that only cucks pay travel fees. Get yourself a free ship either in the tutorial, or your local Imperial Navy recruiter.

Level 90 Structure trader. Housing and ship production will soon be rolling for guildies.

Were fully re-established but I still have to re-grind my ENTIRE rebel pilot quota and space needs a hitbox hotfix in order to get my damn gunboat.

Downloading and registering right now does somebody want to get filled in the referrer field?

i'll log on in a minute, you can fill me bby. /tell slab

Guess I'll have to wait

it's okay. the server rollback fucked my character hard, and the space combat is completely and utterly fucked (the hitboxes are screwed and since the space combat is retarded you can't damage the enemy unless you hit their hitbox, even if your lasers hit their shields are whatever)

i'm really frustrated with this garbage and am logging out, someone else can have the /referrer bonus. they need to get their shit together before you want to go to space, i promise you that

They have space fucntioning again on the Testcenter, so a patch should be inbound shortly. probably with tonights server reboot id bet.

Do come back within the week slab, the rollback bonuses will give you a huge start, i'm further along in a day than I was in half a month.

Well, I guess we're building up the rebels less next time.

Comfy guildhouse/trading den time.

I'm surprised you even got a ban notice. I didn't get one, and their ban system is so fucking stupid.

The likely reason is the use of a temp email. I think they just auto ban accounts made with temp emails. Best bet is to just make a trash email with some actual service and use it just for this if you're not into just using your email for stuff.

yes the autoban system is an real fucker if you have a temp email, did you try mail.com or some other semi-legitimate throwaway?

Droids are starting to roll out. Got a level 73 Union Sentry Droid cooked up and I could easily get it higher with droid specific resources rather than my structure resources.

OP, I don't understand why you keep posting "WITH JTL" when in reality you mean "WITH NGE".

Who was the user who really, really liked the sandcrawler house? you can grab it over at coronet as a chronicle reward.

because spess is a big draw and although it was implemented pre-cu or during CU (can't remember) I havent seen any with it working and even the 2 or so NGE server alternatives (aside from legends which is shit) have it working either.

Is the exp boost still going on? I've been busy but will have time tonight to pop on.

Boosted rates are still in effect for the time being. Not sure how much longer they're going to keep them like this. I would assume at least until the current major issues that popped up after the database recovery are fixed.

Space hitbox fix should also be dropping tonight we can hope meaning the T6s trio of fighters in ord mantell can be killed for something like 12500x7 XP per kill, you could master pilot in hours.

Level 90 combat droids are now possible for us to make. Still nothing too special but with time they'll get even more potent.

I used a cock.li address that even my government and insurance accepted in the past without any problems

if any of our older players are having trouble with the launcher not booting, try updating it and things should work again.

Two people on that are able to add people. Send a mail or tell or Thornyr or Adecio for an invite and bunker waypoint.

what fucking requirements do they have

Ive got to talk with these autists about this automoderator, its terrible. ill do that right now.

well shit, tell me if anything comes of it
i'm guessing my email domain looked like spam or something

I just sent the head mod the message about it, which has to be relayed to one of the underlings who handles it to see if its hes willing/able to do something about it.
If it weren't for this goddamn automoderator we might have twenty something more people to do things with.

fuck it, hotmail still exists, right? think i still have one of those

Is shit fucked right now?

moderately, guildchat/groupchat, tells and mail broke somehow after dant got reenabled

Dantooine has been fucky the last few days, and after they brought it back up because people were complaining about not being able to do quests on it like fucking fags, guild chat, tells, and mail all broke. Give it a day or so and it should get ironed out. When in doubt, hang around Bestine and someone should show up.

;_; I get sad when I cant shitpost with you guys while I grind. I'll check back tomorrow
they gave a sweet item though

so wait, does this have NGE or not?

Yes its NGE, its missing the last 3 or so publishes before the game shut down to make way for TORTANIC. Publishes are being worked on, TCG and capital ships coming soon enough.

JTL is in and it was working great for a while however a recent patch screwed hitboxes in space and they are working on the "unfuck things" patch currently.

It seems space got fixed, but the guildchat's still broke

Structure Factory is still broken too.

try relaunching the launcher/game it has been doing that lately.

just got in, is in-game mail still broken? what should i do until then?

If you've yet to meet anyone, I can head over to Bestine shortly to get you set up. Keep an eye out for the WEW guild tag.

Alternatively, we could meet at the Mos Eisley starport if that would be easier.

still in mos eisley, is the landspeeder i got from an npc good enough to get over there or is there a faster way?

It would get you there, but not very quickly. I can see about getting you a Swoop soonish. Just need to wait to restock my steel. I'm at the Eisley starport if you want to just meet me there.

Is there any way to skip the tutorial? There's a staircase that pretty much just fucking dies letting me clip through it walking into space. It's unavoidable and I already lost one character when I logged out and back in.

You can uncheck the tutorial thing in character creation. The way to get back up from that staircase is to die to the mobs nearby if it's the one in Station Gamma. You'll respawn back near the shuttle droid.

To anyone new coming joining in the next hour or so, give the manlet standing next to a Magnaguard droid a wave and I'll get you sorted into the guild.

was what just popped up the galactic civil war quest i'm supposed to be doing to level?
also, i signed up to be a pilot, how do i get the TIE fighter?

For the GCW quests, for Trader at least, go to the centerish of a town and find the General. Nearby will be a terminal you can request materials from to build various defenses. Finishing 5 of one type of quest for building things, which is 50 actions in total, will give you a good chunk of experience. Upwards of 4 or so levels per quest.
For the TIE fighter, if you didn't get a ship in the tutorial, you should have gotten one when you signed up to be an Imperial pilot. Check your Data or try and use a Ship terminal in a starport to see if you have it.

did i disconnect or is the server fucking up for anyone else too?

Im still on

anyone still on right now? I could use an invite

Magnadroid Manlet will be at Mos Eisley in a moment.

Just kidding, Im in already

You doublenigger. Pulling me away from searching for good starship resources.

well can you give permissons? I need to store and fetch my holocron on my crafter

You need your own house to do that. I'll bring a small house over to the bunker so you can transfer the holocron

Is the Tie Defender flyable ?? Or only for NPC's ??

swg.wikia.com/wiki/TIE_Defender
Its a reward from the capital ships publish which the devs are putting in development after the TCG publish.

Thanks for the heads up

If you guys think of it start getting me hides and shit, Ill try to collect some but I wanna start pumping out some armor and weapons

Am I suppose to put [vohpatcher.exe] in the game directory or just anywhere?
So far still nuffin'

VOHpatcher should launch an "updating launcher" bar and then launch the actual launcher and allow you to login.
if the game is already patched with VOHs files and still giving you shit on login you can launch the game directly from the games files using the swgclient_r.exe

WHY DO NONE OF MY CHARACTERS SAVE I JUST GOT A SWOOP BIKE LAST NIGHT AND IT WAS BAD ASS

Sounds like Database issues, try to make another and completely exit and relog, if its not there when you return then your account might be a bit fucked and ill have to put you in touch with the headmod who should solve it.
avoid dantooine in general until further notice.

Project instability will hopefully be going down soon once they get the patches for dantooine in.

Database server is going to be reset within the hour which should hopefully fix the chat server and mail issues that have been around the last few days. Might also fix other things but it remains to be seen.

Guild chat, Mail, and Tells are back up. Send a tell to Adecio, Sam, or Thornyr for an invite and a waypoint to the bunker.

wew lad, although it was kinda fun shitposting in the bunker.

WEW, Level 90 eopie nest. What the flying fuck.

Unofficial bunker mascot.

It was fun tonight getting our shit pushed in by angry coughing robot man got some nice decorations for the house from our deep jungle safari atleast.

GOCK

ok I went ahead and manually downloaded the patch but when I login in game it says account not active or is referring to the second part of pic 2?

go on the community discord and send a private message to @iosnowore with your account username and ask to be added in since you havent been activated.

Our two heavy hitting droids in front of what will be our storefront.

shame we can't dress the magnas up in their robes grievous style

Every time I try to play this game I never get farther that Tatooine, even with people helping me.

I would suggest popping into the server discord and asking around. Could be a solvable issue. You might either get your characters back if you're lucky, or at least not have to worry about it happening again.

No thanks, guess SWG just wasn't meant to be.

discord can be used in a browser, I have mine stallmanned out and use a burner discord account on a burner mail.com account to talk to the devs.

You could also try submitting a ticket to support on the forums I believe.

Alright here if anyone is willing to deal with it, put your account name and whatever burner email you are using in a post and I do my best to get you all verified.

You can submit a support ticket on the website without using discord, go to
swghope.com/
and hit SUPPORT on the rightmost tab and send them your problem. I hope you are willing to try user.

gock

Server back up and structure factories are finally fixed. With that and space being fixed, we're back at full functionality more or less.
The XP rates will remain in place until monday for those that haven't been on or have been looking to get into it. If you want a head start, now would be the time to get in before the grind becomes a bit slower.

how's the material gathering going?
also now that i've done the turret building shit where do i look to get more munitions trader experience?

Kill collection quests of Rebel Grunts and ATXTs can be down by traders and give a decent chunk, otherwise it's mostly going to be grinding something easy enough to make that gives good exp. Between our Entertainer and the Buddy EXP chip you should have an easy enough time.

you can still do the barricades/patrol point/tower missions for huge bursts of crafter XP

thought i only got the 50,000 or so for completing the collection, is it just every 5 quests finished?

You only get the burst for 5 of each type of construction. 5 turret missions, 5 barricade, 5 tower, 5 patrols.

Online and available to add people to the guild. Throw a tell or mail at Thornyr and I'll get you sorted out.

Jesus christ what the fuck.

Lets the credits roll.

ACTIVATE IT.

Wut. What are they doing?also yes,corber the market, drive the goymeb before you as cattle and feast on their children

Emperor take the wheel I already hate it

More or less have a fully geared out Y-8 set up for mining. At very least fully geared in crafted Elite gear. In time we'll have other POBs that we'll need more people to properly use.

if anyone can find phrik aluminum, we need it for better weapons

the audio is amazing in this

I played SWGEMU a few years ago, anything improved or fixed yet?
I'm curious, but how much is still missing?

Uh oh. Bad sign.
On the main SWGEMU swoop bikes are disposable as fuck. It's cheaper to buy used or new than to repair.

Some of the new sounds are nice but other sounds seem to have been re-recorded and bad
if you want the vanilla sounds and whatnot untick the boxes in the launchers advanced settings.

SWGEMU is still attempting to be sort of half done with jedi village after all this time. We are currently playing on NGE and the devs are working at a pretty steady pace to get it up to date (atmospheric flight is a hot debate though and if it gets in it needs heavy reworking and bugfixing as it was a last ditch effort by SOE before shutdown)

As for the speeder problem, NGE allows for multiseat vehicles (some of them can carry entire parties and more) and the vehicle garages can repair crippled vehicles. Rare asteroid resources can be used to craft repair kits incase your shit gets fucked in the field and you don't have 6 disposable swoops.

Holy fuck, still? They were all prattling about that Jedi shit in SWGEMU literally two years ago.
Some Holla Forums folks tried to setup a village there.

Bumpan for weekend funs

Friday Afternoon/evening lets get everyone together and head to mustafar for some group questing, we could shunt everyone up to 90 easy and have fun in a big party, potentially do HK-47.