What a fucking game. How did it manage to give me a greater sense of unease than the entirety of SOMA?

What a fucking game. How did it manage to give me a greater sense of unease than the entirety of SOMA?

The guy who wrote most of it is a disillusioned Greek. When you're questioning the point of your existence that is defined by forces beyond your control, it's easier to write about it. Drugs probably helped too.

Did you play the Gehenna DLC? I've yet to try that. Heard it's pretty good.

using serious writing, OP

Is the game some nihilstic nuage bullcrap? I know nothing about it buf its in my backlog

It's Philosophy 101, so you'll see everything from classical to modern concepts and ideas come up.

I've been trying to find a game to play so I think I'll replay that. Thanks OP.
Also definitely get the Road to Gehenna DLC.

Is the whole thing a metaphor for tax evasion or something?

It is pretty good. I wish it was a real expansion and had some new content instead of making areas and puzzles out of repurposed assets from the main game, but I guess that would have taken more work. It's still worth playing.

I want more disillusioned Greek writers in my vidya now.

I've been actually following the guy and his work, and he has his shair of (fairly grounded) social and political commentary, but that isn't really present in Talos. I think he even said once that Talos deals with high concepts in a low way so it doesn't get too preachy and interferes with the flow of the game.

It sounds like I'm shilling for him, but he made plenty of interesting stories and interactive fiction that are all part of one universe. It reads like The Little Prince on crack.

Maybe because the philosophical message that is the backbone of SOMA isn't new to anybody and throwing slenderman spoopy nigger goo robots at you isn't how you build atmosphere.
SOMA was only impressive as babby's first introduction into the concept of transhumanism for kids who liked five nights at freddy's.

I hate this game because croteam might fucking pull a real fat stink and not make serious sam 4 but actually talos principle 2 the whole time or even worse, shitty puzzles IN MY SERIOUS SAM GAME.

Neither this game nor SOMA was deep levels of intriguing. SOMA was babbys first transhumanism exposure. TALOS was a tech demo by Croteam that they decided to make into game instead of Serious Sam 4. Reddit-level philosophy.

Its really good. The puzzles are way more creative in the DLC and the story is nice. You basically convince a bunch of shitposting robots to kill themselves and having the ultimate choice of what to do with the shitty admin and either reveal what a fuck he is to everyone or cuck him into committing super suicide for youYou could also save him or not reveal his shitty behavior, but why would you be a fag?

SOMA was far better before they actually revealed what it was and we were all watching the live action teaser shit expecting an SCP game
Instead we got yet another corporate-designed walking simulator streamer meme game that explores exactly one potentially interesting philosophical concept at a baby level that everyone and their grandma is already familiar with and has a story that can only work because the main character is fucking retarded

You also haven't really finished until you've found and beaten the 'Jerusalem' text adventure
Probably the best writing in the entire game

Is this a real game or a "game"?

It's as real game in a fake world.

feels bad man

So walking simulator then?

Because SOMA is a meh game
Your game is still probably meh too though OP

It's a Puzzle game.

I think the writer for The Swapper worked on this too.

The admin prevented me from surviving, so I did the same thing back to him. They were pretty clearly setting up a prisoner's dilemma.