Boss rush games

so with all the attention Cuphead is getting, I think is a good time to discuss boss rush videogays

pic realted is a well known but solid pick

Obligatory

What's the best Furi OST and why is it Set Me Free

its not a boss rush. Each boss is separated by a 10 minute horse ride.

Cuphead counts as one since the run n gun levels are optional

As opposed to Furi where each boss is separated by a 2 minute walking sequence?

Man. That's a
T H I C C
CHICKEN

Furi would have been better if you weren't forced to play as a nigger.

Don't reply to shitposters.

he's french so you cant expect much else

Well there's the Megaman games, and DMC 3 and 4.

And if they got rid of all the walking too. Could have used the time and budget spent on all the walking and talking on making more bosses.

Rabi-Ribi has a boss rush mode and the game leans pretty heavily on boss fights.

It bothers me how people suck off mediocrities like Furi or Cuckhead but almost never mention some of the actually best games in the genre.
Is that recca game really comparable to Alien Soldier and CHC though? Never heard of it.

DMC3 has too few bosses and too many/large levels to be considered a boss rush game I think.

Best boss rush game.

How's the Furi DLC anyways? I liked the main game well enough, despite the awful walking sim parts

Monster Hunter.

The Flame is a great bullet hell boss, especially in his last few phases where he fucks with the floors while using big continuous lasers.The OST that comes with it is pretty sick too. Fucking Scattle is so good.
Bernard is easily the best boss in the game in spite of essentially being a copy of all other bosses. Shame about his appearance and music.

Gun Master plays like Gunstar Heroes

And nothing needs to be said about Red Earth

More like a boss crawl, I guess

Trying a bit hard to fit in.

Whats red earth?

Warning Forever is basically a boss rush against a single boss that grows exponentially harder as more parts get added onto it.
RefleX s a rather boss heavy STG, about 2-3 boss per-level sometimes without even regular enemies inbetween especially the latter half of the game.
The final stage is even basically just a 3 way battle between you in hyper mode and 2 bosses

A fighting game with RPG mechanics. You pick one of four characters (a lion king, a mage, a monk, and a ninja), fight your way through about 7 bosses, and get one of two endings depending on certain things (a regular choice in Tessa and Renji's endings, but Mai-Ling's differs depending on how many times you had to use Continues, and Leo's is whether or not you used an attack on the prenultimate boss that cut him in half). Bosses drop things as you hit them, such as orbs that let you use Supers as well as chests that give you EXP, because leveling up gives you more special moves.

They're notable because the characters kept appearing in Capcom crossover games, most notably Tessa in Capcom vs SNK Chaos (the one with MMZ Zero if you don't know which one that was).

The user you replied to never said Furi was a boss rush. Your strawman a shit.

But they are not purely boss rushes, save for the gauntlet at the end of each one with the teleporters. It would be great, to have a Cuphead styled Megaman with all bosses readily accessible.

IS THAT A NIGGER
TELL ME THAT'S NOT A NIGGER

This. If Megaman is a boss rush then all shmups are boss rushes. The little bits with normal enemies in between the bosses are just filler.

That one was designed by the same nip who designed Afro Samurai
Take from that what you will

Where have you been?

I would have assumed it was obvious meant that those games have boss rushes IN them, not that they're straight up boss rush games.

In this video the person playing the game has infinite health and still abuses the same jumping and crouching attacks for all the enemies. After your description I was prepared to be interested but this game is either complete trash, or was very poorly presented in your link.

Does this really count? It had a mediocre open world and shitty repetitive enemy gauntlets.

Look at the OP you dumbfuck.

The open world was symbolic of gamers not being interested in shit but what's relevant to their fantasy world, but the enemy gauntlets are totally on Goy-chi Suda being a huge poser. NMH2 fixed the swordplay with mooks a lot but the bosses suffer from it heavily by being very uninspired but the last four of them.

Man, NMH2 was such a shitty sequel…

Man, I really want to like this game, but I hate the way it looks, I hate most of the weapons and most of the bosses drag on for far too long (and most are uninspired shit).

Metamoquester and Monster Maulers also share this weird fighting game-boss rush style of gameplay

a bit of a shame this style never took off

Does anyone know if there are any actual good games of these kind that are even somewhat newer? Like post-2000? I don't really count DMC or NMH since they aren't pure boss-rush games like Cuphead and Furi are.

Oh, and also several of the Castlevania games.

what a fucking gay term for games where you only fight one thing at a time

For fucks sake, should've paid more attention, I've meant warning forever.

Sorry then. Must not have been looking and accidentally used a vid of a guy using cheats. This one might be better.

fuck, meant to quote