Quake champions

Hero elements sure helped quake champions be a great arena shooter, eh lads ?

Other urls found in this thread:

simonoc.com/pages/design/sp/ad.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It was already released?

Is it possible? Were the prophecies true? Crash when?

At least it's not Lawbreakers.

it apparently came out in August, and it bombing doesn't seem surprising since people who bought the game are saying the netcode is terrible, and it also has a microtransaction store to buy characters, or "heroes" the game calls them.

I'm afraid for what else is in my coming Humble Bundle Monthly.

You get what you deserve

*insert TotalCancer's rant against the fans who didn't want to play an Overcucks clone*

you have to buy lootboxes in order to get platinum to unlock heroes.

Quake multiplayer has always been boring and repetitive as hell.
What Quake needs is a good, new, single player game with a fuckload of content.

Probably only when we see an extreme loss of consumer confidence in the entertainment industry. I think the next nustarwars will be the the bullet that finally kills them.

Prey, Dishonored 2 and Nigger Boogaloo, and The Evil Within 2 is also not selling very well along with Creation Club getting BTFO hard, what the fuck is going in Bethesda.

Why would I get it on steam when I can get it for free with the beta key?

Why get it?

Can you specify, there seems to be a glut of those this year for some odd reason.

Because I have fun with it :^()

the standalone dishonored 2 expansion/mini-sequel which no one wanted or bought

They're making shit games no one wants. It's what happens when you try to pander to a niche audience and then proceed to casualize the game to appeal to the unwashed masses.

this game had as big of a shadow launch as Lawbreakers.

Did ESO finally go free to play?

We're not lucky enough for a crash.
If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that shoving all these pseudo-MMO grinds that enable the Loot Box systems (not to mention real-cash investments) are making customers gravitate to only a select few popular titles and not stray very much beyond those comfort/investment zones. People are less likely to pick up something new - especially if there's an initial purchase pricetag - because it just takes time away from their perceived progress in other more popular games.

It's creating a market where, if you don't light the industry on fire, you end up with a complete dud.

I did not even know it had an expansion. Then again I'm probably not "woke" enough for them. Oh well, I doubt a massive vidya crash 2.0 will happen, but more of the fucks falling on their fishmouthed faces and bleeding out shekels is still good.

It seems like companies are showing their true colors and marketing their games to whales who can't stop buying. the wider audience isn't even enough so now it's just as close as you can get to gambling monetary schemes.

Nothing wrong with casualizing the genre to try and make money, since it IS BUSINESS, but when you do it to genres dominated by veterans only (FPS', Fighting Games), there's no point to play it since the noobs suck, and the veterans won't touch it with a 20 foot pole. Bethesda didn't realize that.

with pc playerbases getting consolidated into like pubg and dota and such, even when a game isn't made to appeal to the sensibilities of corporate demographers, is it still possible for it to succeed?

Yes. PUBG is only successful because it's huge in China. That's where the vast majority of its playerbase is. Dota's playerbase is also falling considerably since its peak in 1st quarter 2016.

Because the chinks are switching over to PUBG. China was the biggest market for Dota.

QC would have flopped regardless, Arena Shooters are ded by the metrc of mainstream success. Things that more or less stuck to the formula like Xonotic, Warsow, Toxikk and Reflex are dead (deader than QC is in fact, it's basically a success compared to them, Stillborn and Lowplayers). Quake oldfags aren't interested in changes, and normalfags aren't interested in pure AFPS either. The ship has sailed.

It crashed 7 years ago and we've just now landed in a ditch after flipping around all this time.

That's because hero shooters are normally ass. Death match modes in hero shooters (Quake Champions, BO3, IW) are always shit because you can go 50/0, but never stop your team mates from going 0/20. Overwatch hero design sucked ass and they don't permit you to hard carry games, so you'll get stuck in a real shit team and be punished for not playing the entire game out with them. The 100 hero shooters that are just FPS/TPS mobas are shit just for being mobas.

Let's be honest though. The only good by comparison hero shooter is Paladins, because it has a good selection of heroes that have interesting abilities and skins that actually look nice and change their voice overs. It also has a high skill ceiling, so if you're in a match with a shit team and are actually better than the enemy team, you can carry the entire match. Rainbow Six: Siege is probably the second best hero shooter, despite Ubisoft.

That's true ignorance. The USA without any other countries makes up over 450,000 of the players during peak hours, which would put the game just under Dota 2's total worldwide player count. Just because the game is vastly more popular in China doesn't write away the fact that it's an independent game that sold multiple millions of copies in the USA alone, outselling basically every AAA game.

It's been their Jewllywood moment for the last couple years. They just actually have trillions of dollars to piss through before they go away forever. The last 2 "generations" of consoles were fucking upgrades to to 2013's generation. We are literally in the vidya industry's IP rehash/reboot phase. Jew shit is dying everywhere and it's fucking
GLORIOUS

Tried that out some weeks back. It's too bad the guns just sucked ass in that game.
smiling animu grill.jpg

Nothing Bethesda ever published did well other than Elder Scrolls and Fallout, and even those have had a spotty track record. Remember Wet?

Even if you took out the Champion heroes before it was released it's going to churn out the same outcome.

Too many of you pretentious gamer fucks cry wanting a classic old-school purist style gameplay but none of you fucks want to genuinely play it.

Yeah that makes total sense, you retard.

I don't play old-school purist style multiplayer fuckery. I had a blast with A Hat in Time, and despite it being shit on by everyone, I enjoyed Yooka Laylee too.

Who?

Cry more Cliff.

I liked Wet. It wasn't a great game, but I had fun with it.

The champions weren't even the worst part of the game. What was even worse was the garbage that they had for a duel mode on top of the significantly decreased focus on stack. Just eating a single rail pretty much takes away all the control someone had on the match because you can't even build up that much of a lead in stack.

So? Far worse piles of shit sell millions too. Nu-Tomb Raider sells millions and no one talks about it 2 weeks after it releases.
Again, so? That's not the entire pc playerbase is it? How does that stop other companies from succeeding?

I play Xonotic almost every day.

Why? The original has a fairly active modding community, great maptools and is open source. If you haven't tried it yet play Arcane Dimensions: simonoc.com/pages/design/sp/ad.htm

I find it ironic how an industry centred around creativity and ideas think that copying somebody else's ideas will make a good product. Sometimes there's really just an oversaturation of shit like this, I doubt even normalfags want to see the same rehashed ideas over and over again, that's why innovation and creativity should always be valued more than loose plagiarism.