Not even 2 months after its release and Agents of Mayhem is 66% off

How did this game flop so hard?

Other urls found in this thread:

oneangrygamer.net/2017/09/agents-of-mayhem-sales-failure-forces-volition-to-lay-off-employees/40576/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Game looks like shit and probably is. Probably also shit marketing. It's so irrelevant that this is the first time I saw a thread about it.
Shit thread.

Should have at least retained the Saint's Row title, but even that shit couldn't save how much of a shitty game and cringey story that shit was. oneangrygamer.net/2017/09/agents-of-mayhem-sales-failure-forces-volition-to-lay-off-employees/40576/

The only good games volition made were Freespace 1 and 2 as well as Saints Row 2.

Pretty sure THQ Nordic holds that IP now.

Red Faction Guerilla is awesome.

Fuck you. That's wrong. The destruction is fun but it only goes so far. The multiplayer was the best part.

it's not a good game, very repetitive and the combat just sucks.

They cheaped out very hard by introducing shitty procedurally generated mini dungeons underground that consist of the same handful of rooms over and over.

Game feels like a big chore with no payoff , you grind to unlock stuff but the unlocks don't make the combat any less boring

I know Agents of Mayhem don't deserve to be successful if the game isn't fun or the right price point, but it saddens me to see this game flop so hard & an Early Access title with worse performance and more bugs sell about 1 million copies week with no sign of slowing down

I don't think the industry will see something like Mayhem as just not fun enough, they will look at PUBG and adopt Early Access as a means to make bugs & low optimisation forgivable

And fail chasing a game that got popular due to a unique set of circumstances. PUBG is a meme game, it will die within a year just like Day Z did and no one will remember it.

Oh no, how could this flop?
They promoted the game as woke, diverse and feminist!
They crammed as much Bay Area hipster "humor" into it as possible, there was no way this could flop, it's impossible.
What a mystery.

Volition never owned Red Faction. It was owned by THQ. It was sold to a separate company.. The steam rerelease of Guerilla was done by an entirely separate company.

It wasn't very good. They took everything that made Saints Row good or mainstream and made a repetitive grind game that isn't even remotely funny. Who would want to play the game when a majority of the levels is an underground base?

2017 seems to be the year of major flops to make up for the lack of them in 2016.

Gee I wonder why? Doesn't help that Volition is mostly staffed by goons these days.

Good riddance

I'll tell you.

I really tried to give this game its best. I've put in about 300-500 hours on each of the Saints Row games (yes, even that one) and really hoped this would give them new footing in a new direction.

I didn't even bother finishing it because it was 32 hours of the same repetitive tasks. Ever since SR3, Volition has become its own worst enemy, and that's the saddest fucking thing.

You are enabling all this shit you know.

I have no idea how this got to be a fucking thing that happens these days. What other product or service do you pay for before the work is done? Maybe putting a roof on your house, or some shit, but even then - you only pay for the materials up-front. You never pay the full balance until the work is actually fucking done, or else you're going to end up with a shitty roof you'll have to replace again in five years.

But it's somehow ok with video games?

So they're going to play a fucking paid alpha, and by the time the game is finished - if it ever is - they're so sick of the fucking game that they'll never get the "full" experience that was initially promised.

People are fucking dumb.

Kill yourself, you fucking faggot.
Red faction 1 was amazing.
Red faction 2 was questionable.
Red faction: Guerilla wasn't as intense as 1, but was pretty good on its own.

THQ Nordic owns the IP, and they completely fixed Red Faction: Guerrilla's PC port when Volition refused to do. THQ Nordic also owns the Summoner IP and the 10 people that make up Interplay still own Freespace.
So pretty much the only IP Volition still has access too is Saints Row. Which is great, because everything releases by them after Guerrilla was complete trash.

You're part of the problem. Want less shitty games? Stop buying them.

The multiplayer was god tier

You know the game flopped when the social justice brigade didn't even bother writing articles complaining about it despite super low hanging fruit.

This is supposed to be a Saints Row game? All the promo material makes it look like yet another shitty CRAPCUNTS.

I was fortunate that I didn't buy it. It was a press code.

There's a lot of devgoons on that board, even IdolNinja got sucked up by them halfway into SR3's lifecycle. Though the problem with them isn't that they're SJWs, it's that they're a bunch of 45-year-olds that have "gamer XD" tattoos, sport faux-hawks, and have shit like New Found Glory on their "hardcore" playlists. So they're all just a bunch of washed up fellowkids, which is even sadder than simply being your run-of-the-mill community college SJW faggot, because most people at least outgrow that phase.

Saints Row 3 was the best Volition game btw.

It's out? Wait, what the fuck is this shit? I thought it was going to be Freedom Force but in futuristic Saints Row universe.

This game had zero marketing whatsoever, I didn't care about it when it was announced and forgot it existed until it was released and a thread showed up. It feels like maybe 8k people bought this game across all platforms maximum, pretty pathetic but that's what they get for including a "deep pansexual protagonist". Gives me no hope for SR5, it'll probably have the boss come out as fucking trans or something to justify the plastic surgery or some asinine shit.

who owns the IP? i need my alahsnakbar gameplay

Watch your gifs before you post them furfag

eh, it didnt load?

The font and color scheme give a terrible first impression. A saint's row multiplayer comes to mind, maybe that is what the game is actually, I don't know. Agents of Mayhem sounds about as baiting generic as they come, Retards of Carnage would be just as effective, if not more. Multiplayer only has one or two champions for each niche or genre and they are constantly updating to stay in the lead in the cash game funding by people who essentially want to play a immediate rewards based game of tag– brogamers.

Multiplayer is a sink hole for the overall industry, but people are free to do what they want and games like Agents of Mayhem will emerge to try and become champion, realize they are not champion, and increasingly reduce the cost in an attempt to get the few uninformed thrifty gamers to snag a copy at significant discount. The developer can also virtue signal and try and get some ideological nuts to sympathy buy but it is all for naught.

What, can't handle seeing a horse?

This got released?

I'm not, no. I'm just an editor for a local news station, but we're issued press passes for our team for local expos and stuff.

Ex-Goon, ditched the site once Schmorky and his band of faggots came in and turned it into an SJW safe space. But I did kick the shit with Idol and MH40F since Volition hired them on board. So got some press codes for reviewers. Too bad the game is, well, that.

What drew you into joining a place like SA? I get the appeal of imageboards with anonymity, but SA seems like nothing but endless hazing rituals and manipulating people, even back in its golden years. What were the positives?

Saints Row was already losing steam when 4 was a glorified expansion pack, but Saints row 1, 2, 3, and 4 all came out frequently enough that the series always had some talk going on about it. lots of talk is all it takes for sales to happen. Aside from Gat out of Hell which no one gave a fuck about it took 4 years for agents of Mayhem to come out. If Ubisoft stopped pumping out Assassins Creed for 4 years, and then made a spin off as with quality as shit as this then people would forget about the series move on and stop caring just like they did with this game.

at least it's easy mentally separate SR 1 and 2 from the rest of the series.

I never saw an ad, didn't even know it existed until someone posted something here prophesying that it'd be a shitfest and it seems that someone was on point. They should have abandoned SR after the mess that was 3 and spent all the time they took making 4, GoH and this shit to make a new Crackdown beating superhero IP but instead we get this staggered fail.

I kind of liked SR4 in places, once you stop being precious about 1&2 and realise you have to accept the cyanide gas, at least it had it's own consistent tone, albeit a retarded one. If they could have just gotten off that fucking map for a second and not half-assed a fresh story it might have worked as something new.

*stares into the wastes*

That's easy to answer it wasn't Saint's Row.

This is a time-honored tradition. And he's right.

actually i disagree. While i don't doubt brand strength has weaken, and time between titles might have harmed it, i think the biggest weakness was how vague the game was in marketing. No seriously, what do you do in it? Is it just SR except a different story?

Also what reviews i watched, suggested it fumbled the concept they were going for, and the writing was subpar to earlier titles.

If it makes you feel better, Schmorky schmork and most of the OG SJW fuckwits there went batshit insane that even SA couldn't handle them. Schmorky got caught trying to sext to teenage girls or some shit and last I knew he fled the country and his girlfriend. Even Lowtax disowned him and most of the others there after that incident. Most of the people there (ie. Slowbeef) are egomaniacs still but yet husks of what they were to even become in/famous in the first place. (See the Lords of the Fallen playthrough.)

**I joined back in 1999, when 16-year-old me thought it was funny. It was an entirely different landscape, and nothing was off-limits so long as it was funny. That was the positive. Also meant loads of people shit-swarming games and poopsocking everything. Everquest I&II, Second Life and Ragnarok were neverending bastions of hilarity.

The great moot scoot and TotalBiscuit's meltdowns were something to behold, and the whole stair incident with Robin Williams made my 10bux worthwhile. Different times, I guess.

Wasn't really until 2007 that the change started to happen, I blame GoonSwarm bringing the forums to the spotlight once it started hitting Digg. Then people started coming in droves because they thought it was the place for "teh funny".

Loads of registrations by unfunny, autistic morons, canned memes and predictable responses, and everything started going south. Then you had Schmorky who was given mod and the whole place turned into San Francisco overnight, even gibbis/fyad/gas were policed for being "concerning".

Schmorky got shitcanned about two years ago, but the damage has already been long since done, and there's just too many unfunny autists there now that it's become the new norm. I guess that's why I am here, instead. Forever.**

I haven't played the game and i'm not going to but for any of you foolish to; Is there even any real connection to saints row, i know Gat is DLC, but for all i know he's just a shitty reskin. I don't even know what kind of game this is suppose to be, the only trailer i saw of it looked like fucking overwatch.

I agree with this.
I don't understand why so many people call SR2 better game, when it's so terrible, especially in comparison.

2 Had more stuff you could do and was more in depth and still retained focus on the fact that you were a gangster doing gangster shit.

While I enjoyed 3 the most, it really lost the whole gangster doing gangster shit appeal and replaced it with "AWESOME MCAWESOME GUY IS A COOL BADASS LOL."

Which was a thing I was into at the time, but I could see how the shift alienated alot of OG fans.

My problem with SR2 is while having a lot more shit, the quality of said shit is sub par.
What's the point of hundreds items for dress up if your character looks like a wooden doll?
What's the point of hundreds of weapons if combat sucks ass?
While I think that purple dildos and nonsensical plot are legit complaints, as a video game SR3 is vastly superior to SR2.

More or less my same experience when I was a goon years ago. At first playing games with goons was fun until the elitist autism kicked in. If you disagreed with the hive let alone did something different, you would get blacklisted and shit on (A friend I played HoD and some fighters got blacklisted for calling them out in Halo threads while I pissed off the FFXI and fighting game goons over dumb shit). It was great to see Cabbagpots/Psycho Josh get banned so many times because of his faggotry in the fighting game threads. I still remember a few other losers from SA like Shimarisu (Won't be surprised if she became a tranny-sjw that gets triggered over pronouns), Axemaniac, Elfron, Loadcapacity, etc. I ran some goon guilds, but I made sure no one acted like a douche for the most part. I think Bronson from Tekken's scene was a goon, but that guy's a cunt like DandyJ anbd Jmcrofts. Dota threads were always downvoted because everyone hated Dota goons.

It was great to shit on bad webcomics until the Comic sub thread starting to kill threads that pissed on B^Uckley and Dobson for being horrible manchildren, even banning people. Not being allowed to shit on B^Uckley and Dobson made me leave SA (I lost my account, but never bothered to get it back. I think they banned it by now).

Is that Eve? Even PyrionFlax of Dota cut himself away from the goons when he came across their faggotry, and that guy is a goony faggot.

Fat Beef and Ozma are also responsible for ruining SA. Beef became a faggot over LPs even though he is absolutely horrible at video games. Seems like Retsupurae is kind of dying now (Because Beef became a leftist-cuck-bitch while raising two kids, and Betus is moving onto other shit). Fatbeef is a cunt.

It still kills me I looked up to that guy let alone liked his art. What a horrible human being.

I don't know what's with some of Lowtax's rivals like ICP and King ReoL, but if they knew how SA became a shit hole, they'd be laughing their asses off knowing how Lowtax became a bigger loser than them (cucked by your wife and ex-wives, trolled by an ex who dumped you online, getting cucked by your own fucking forum when you put your foot down on a sexual predator you hired to work with you, etc.).

Someone gifted that game to Fatbeef, and that fat fucking sjw-shit bag had the nerve to act like DSP in that playthrough. Fuck, even DSP was doing better than Fatbeef when he only took one or two tries on certain bosses.

I didn't even pirate it because you have to play as a nigger and a stronk black womyn. If the game had a character creator I would have played as a sexy girl anyway but fuck their forced diversity

The game was supposed to be a Saint's Row game, but then Deep Silver, Volition's kraut kike owners saw Overwatch and it's clones and said, hey volition copy that shit, pirated the game and it had this fucking disconnection with their older games, even the shit Saint's Row 4 and Gat Out of Hell.

I'm an oldfuck by now who actually remembered when I lurked SA for shit like Jeff K. Eventually stopped browsing there, then heard if you wanted to join their forum you had to pay 10 bux or such. I had no interest and didn't pay much attention to it anymore, though I knew one dude from my gaming guild that soft shilled it. Again didn't care or pay much attention to it, except for that time Uwe Boll clobbered Lowtax in the ring. And Lowtax tried to play it off as a joke.
Then GG happened, and the literally whos that crawled out of there. Kind of strange seeing the inmates that took over that asylum.

The warden tried to control the inmates until he got cucked hard. ReoL and Uwe Boll would be laughing if they knew about this.

Is this another arena hero shooter?

It's actually single player only.

addendum: it looks like an MMO but it's nothing that it looks like

Single-player open-world third person shooter, the problem was, the marketing had it be some stupid shit Overwatch clone because why the fuck are there multiple characters with their own flavor weapons and "Mayhem" ability which is just their version of a Ultimate/Heroic ability, doesn't matter, they are done with this game, no more DLC or multiplayer.

Boll still made shitty vidya movies, but it was satisfying to see Boll knock Lowtax the fuck out. I think it was around that time I started noticing the type of literally whos that used to be made fun of by SA a long time ago, started to become the SA. The goonspeak, the faggoty worship of "lol 2ironic4u", the 'hahajust pretending to be gommies but not really maybe haha just irony though or is it haha' infection. But that's my impression of it as an outsider by that point, and again I didn't pay much attention to it again until GG happened.

That would've been something interesting at least.

Boll is a douche, but it was satisfying to finally see someone actually beat up Lowtax. I didn't bother with SA until Shmorky was purged from SA with Voidburger, Cherrydoom, & Psychadelic Eyeball (Fatbeef acted like a little sjw bitch to keep his shit on SA). I'm waiting for Fatbeef to get his just desserts (again, seems like Retsupurae is slowly dying after Beef became a leftist-sjw-parent version of DSP, and Betus is moving onto other shit). I heard Betus is doing less stuff with Fatbeef.

I wonder when they are going to start realizing this is studio suicide.

I'd actually love it if they ported Saints Row 1 to PC, I love that game. Was a bit disappointed with some aspects of the SR2. The graphics were worse, physics non existent, driving was worse and I hate what they did to the hood in SR2.

Keep in mind that hundreds of games launch every year. Some will say that Steam made the audience larger. They are wrong.

Most gamers are normalfags who will never go out of their comfort zone. They just want to play what everyone else is playing. They don't want to do research or develop their own tastes. Beating the triple A marketing machine is hard. Yes, marketing works, unfortunately.

The best you can hope for is meme magic. It works sometimes. Pic related.

Ive never heard of this game. What is it?