Fighting Game General: Bring Out Your Dead Edition

Ruby Rose trailer leaked: a.pomf.cat/xcfbyu.mp4
New "Play Movie" gameplay trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=1FqFup1vYPQ
The game will be playable at NYCC(10/05~10/08), RTX London(10/14~10/15), South East Asia Majors(10/14~10/15) and Arc Revolution Cup(10/21)
New gameplay trailer and features teased at GameInformer: youtube.com/watch?v=2yaesPMD9dU
Character breakdown for Yamcha, Tenshinhan, SSJGSSJ Goku and SSJGSSJ Vegeta: gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/10/06/exclusive-gameplay-guides-for-dragon-ball-fighterzs-newest-characters.aspx
New mechanic involving the Dragon Balls during the match teased: imgur.com/a/c4kjy DBFZ features the same battle planner as P4U: twitter.com/notBaf0/status/915331733712666625
Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition is announced: youtube.com/watch?v=iVC-o8QdokQ
It features every content from Season 1 and Season 2 (Characters and respective premium costumes), Arcade Mode, Extra Battle, Gallery and gameplay changes like new V-modes. All those new additions will be a free update to all users.
Physical version will feature the base game plus codes for Season 1 and Season 2 Character pass: shoryuken.com/2017/10/07/street-fighter-v-arcade-edition-discs-will-include-codes-to-download-the-character-dlc/
Raiden is released: youtube.com/watch?v=Ebo8eKVqttY
Atom is announced for the game: youtube.com/watch?v=qCGrT-SkClM
The steam release is out: store.steampowered.com/app/577940/Killer_Instinct/
The game is now out, The first DLC character, Monster Hunter trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=90Fkgjv1pJc
Developers acknowledge Spider-man's infinite with the Reality Stone: twitter.com/marvelvscapcom/status/915370743881359360
After the crowdfunding campaign, there are still chances for Dark Heart and her arcana through revised stretch goals for BackerKit: arcana-heart-3-love-max-six-stars.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders
Steam page is up: store.steampowered.com/app/661990/Arcana_Heart_3_LOVEMAX_SIXSTARS/
Nicalis is producing a new fighting game from Studio Saizensen that has characters from Cave Story, Code of Princess, Umihara Kawase and others for PC, Xbox One, Switch and PS4 in the Q4 2017.
DLC will end in 2017. Opoona themed costume for Marie Rose will be released for Playstation Plus and Xbox Live Gold users celebrating 10million downloads of Core Fighters version.
Allen Snider and Doctrine Dark confirmed as a new playable characters: youtube.com/watch?v=Fs6wqV4_nhg youtube.com/watch?v=9At1i-tzCkE
TGS trailer and extended gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=zAlJ9qhr2wA youtube.com/watch?v=_laDWgM668Y youtube.com/watch?v=AkEH4vy3PXM
Jubei is out on consoles and PC along with CF2.0 balance update. Patch Notes: docs.google.com/document/d/1sQpDd_HQRLYoVE5pLHDhvKcUzMjdbJtKajc-mV8J_1U/preview
Tekken Bowl and costumes are out: youtube.com/watch?v=4m97Hm6Dmbc
Geese Howard revealed to be the next DLC character: youtube.com/watch?v=t9Gbw8ljsiU
Pokkén Tournament DX is announced for the Nintendo Switch. Features every character from the arcade version plus Decidueye, new modes, supports (Litten and Popplio) and Local Play. It'll be released on September 22nd. Newest trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=pkMNgoUnLSM
Exe:Late[st] Is out in Japan! Will be getting a digital release in the west by the end of 2017 for PS3/PS4/PS Vita

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OgN6ALghs04
steamcommunity.com/games/612930/announcements/detail/1474223766994349641
youtube.com/watch?v=A0_XX-ms9sY
youtube.com/watch?v=VI01HpEWOVo
youtube.com/watch?v=r6mZHoSBtNw
dlsite.com/home/work/=/product_id/RJ202337.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Lx9-pqKvisQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KeCqi-ou1qs
youtube.com/watch?v=qCaTPX5vV4M
youtube.com/watch?v=UnkxIlI6IV4
youtube.com/watch?v=0iGFJK6OI5M
youtube.com/watch?v=PUmIQaeZSIQ
fightcade.com/
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/
steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans
discord.gg/DbHMSCd
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
ki.infil.net/characters.html
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM
archive.is/pPaEm
shoryuken.com/2017/10/03/neo-geo-battle-coliseum-2-rumoured-to-be-in-development-at-snk/
shoryuken.com/2017/10/07/street-fighter-v-arcade-edition-discs-will-include-codes-to-download-the-character-dlc/
twitter.com/kuuronn/status/919115702694330368
8ch.net/fighters/res/5263.html#q8441
blazblue.kumodori.com/index.html
dsogaming.com/news/blazblue-cross-tag-battle-confirmed-pc/
nicovideo.jp/watch/1507786025
youtu.be/l5wblPLzeh8?t=20547
archive.is/VqzQl
game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/promotion/zku
fightersgeneration.com/screens/ultra-sf4-horror.htm
gematsu.com/2017/10/dragon-ball-fighterz-launches-february-1-japan-adds-nappa-captain-ginyu
youtu.be/2ZocSNih1M8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

EVO Japan will happen between January 26th and January 28th. It will feature Tekken7, GGXrdRev2, KOFXIV, BlazblueCF, Smash4, ARMS, SFV.
Treta Championship LATAM Will Happen Between Sep. 30 and Oct. 01. Will Feature MKXL, Tekken7, SFV, KOFXIV, Smash 4, Injustice 2, GGXrd Rev2, MvsCI and a community choice.
Touhou 15.5: The Antinomy of Common Flowers will be released on October 15th. Doremy confirmed as a playable character: youtube.com/watch?v=OgN6ALghs04
TRAF: Suits of Fate: New build will be available at BGS in 10/12~14
Fight of Gods version 1.0.3 released: steamcommunity.com/games/612930/announcements/detail/1474223766994349641
Punch Planet combos: youtube.com/watch?v=A0_XX-ms9sY
Cerebrawl v0.6.8 gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=VI01HpEWOVo
Kemono Friends Fighter Mechanics: youtube.com/watch?v=r6mZHoSBtNw Website: dlsite.com/home/work/=/product_id/RJ202337.html Jaguar in the 1.4 update: youtube.com/watch?v=Lx9-pqKvisQ
Strides 2 Glory graphical update: youtube.com/watch?v=KeCqi-ou1qs
Omen of Sorrow gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=qCaTPX5vV4M
Them's Fightin Herds is out of NDA. Newest backer build: youtube.com/watch?v=UnkxIlI6IV4 Basics: youtube.com/watch?v=0iGFJK6OI5M
Earth Romancer alpha gameplay trailer released. Crowdfunding coming "soon." youtube.com/watch?v=PUmIQaeZSIQ
Download and register for Fightcade here: fightcade.com/
Get the full rompack over here: mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/
Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans
Discord group: discord.gg/DbHMSCd
>>>/fighters/
For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
Guilty Gear Crash Course: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
The Complete Killer Instinct Guide by Infil: ki.infil.net/characters.html
DOA5LR - Full Character Guide & Frame Data - Created By Arcade Sensei: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM

Post your mains.

Is there any reason to buy a hori when qanba exists?

Qanba is chinese and although good has QC issues
HORI is a japanese stalwart
This is from experience as I buy both brands

What sort of QC issues? I haven't heard of any complaints, though I did only check out the top end of the qanba range.

At least one of the marvel guys tells the truth

My mid-range Qanba drops inputs. :/ It worked fine at the beginning though.

I came here for the pictures of Menat.

Here's a cropped one for you

Thanks man, I seem to be the only one who likes her default costume.

I like her hooded one best then default. Source is twitter/tetsuharu0402

Chun Li 3rd Strike theme is dope.

Zero 3

interesting strategy

Capcom Fighting Game Branch theme
I will learn to survive

Its a shame that they dont bring some of these back. Its always just remixes of their sf2 themes.

MvCI is the Land of Confusion
Haha

Imagine choosing between SF2/SFZ3/3rd Strike Ryu's Theme

Eatsports will save it

I wanna build a new fightstick. How hard would it be to have a built-in PS3/PS4 converter that's still usable on PC? Would that even be tournament legal in most cases?

You can do almost anything with a stick, a lot of players will mod certain buttons around. As long as you dont have some turbo or auto block setup you will be fine.

I don't like it. M. Bison should only fight other named characters, preferably one-on-one. Why have an army of mooks if you don't use them?

SFV: Arcade Edition took the wind out of the Zeku release…

any rumors about the snk games ?
garou 2 ?

I thought I heard some tournaments don't allow converters. Not sure when or where I heard this, it's just been my understanding for a long time.

Can Darkstalkers return or is it dead?

Previous thread: archive.is/pPaEm

Some do because converters can permit macros and other illeagl functions. Only certain converters are permitted, the most famous being the Brook converters.

It is better off dead user. Can you trust current year capcom to make another one without it being ass?

Only this:
shoryuken.com/2017/10/03/neo-geo-battle-coliseum-2-rumoured-to-be-in-development-at-snk/

I don't mind it actually.

I just tested TTT2 in Cemu's latest version and it works completely. In previous version it used to crash when the enemy or you tagged, that doesn't happen anymore

So the capeshit normalfags couldn't save Infinite from being a flop? How long before they leave comics and video games entirely?

Just finished an arcade playthrough. Only significant bug I had was bald Unknown, also sometimes texture glitches like Dragunov but that doesn't happen often and it might be because I don't have cached shaders yet I guess. I wonder if this has a netplay option

Probably when we see the end of constant marvel movies, which might be a while.

capcom released the darkstalkers compilation on ps3/360 to see how much interest there was in the series, It didn't sell well (mainly because people already had the games).

>Physical version will feature the base game plus codes for Season 1 and Season 2 Character pass: shoryuken.com/2017/10/07/street-fighter-v-arcade-edition-discs-will-include-codes-to-download-the-character-dlc/

Remember when Ono and Combofiend promised SFV will only be on one disc, and everything afterwards would be via patches? Not like anyone expected them to keep their word, but I could have sworn they said there will only be one disc. I pity no one who wasted money on this shitty game.

Don't worry. Once they patch the Spider-Man Infinite (after MUH ESPORTS of course), things will get better, goyims. (End sarcasm)

Why should I give a fuck about some old faggot with big sideburns when the original function was better, cooler, and more likable?

To paraphrase Sjw scumbag Wil Wheaton: "You weeabo faggots part of the fucking problem." I hate this fucking character so much because she's such a trash-tier character that's barely playable above the rest of the shit roster, but weeabo-faggot-otaku-cucks flock to this usless, Arab bitch (Kind of ironic with Mudslime Rapefugee being top-tier because Capcom is still trying to make people love him and Laura). Maybe I wouldn't be so bitter over Menat and the rest of the dlcs if the balance wasn't fucking horrible, and most of the dlcs were, you know, good (Oh, an Abigail wasn't an ugly, autistic faggot. I can't take SFV seriously after seeing Abigail's model).

Holy shit, it reached KoFXIV/GGXRD numbers

Only legit news; SNK confirmed they have multiple fighters in the works.
Current rumors; Neo Geo Battle Coliseum 2 maybe and that KoF XIV data mine for more DLC characters

Holy bad art, Batman! How does Udon art keep getting wor-, oh yea, they keep using schmucks like Genzoman.

How could the numbers possibly be this low? Did they burn down an orphanage for publicity?

Technically they are still telling the truth, you only still need the base SFV game. It's getting all the arcade update stuff via a patch and you can still goy/grind for all the characters. The physical version of the Arcade Edition is just like one of those "GOTY editions" other games get that are the same as the previous release but includes all or most of the DLC.

Capcom may be total fucking kikes, but they still are sticking to their word of only needing the original SFV disc so far.

I know at least Hori sticks have what you're looking for. If you can't find a PCB that allows for it (which you should be able to), just buy a Hori Fighting Commander and take the PCB from it.

We know. Filtered.

Were you the guy in that SFV critical arts video? I can't tell if people are joking or not anymore.

Did some capcom employee fuck your mother and forget to pay or something? I can't tell if people are just pretending or not anymore.

Sounds like someone had to buy weed with their own money.
He's probably gonna get blacklisted now.

The only thing she's good for.

Hopefully will stay dead.

Waste of dubs.

Nice try twisting things you triggered cuck. Looks like you stole that from PsychoJosh.

Where?

The main list chart has Persona 5 arena.
I guess I'll post mine and expose my shit taste.

I see. Couldn't find the words with a ctrl+f. P4U is there so it ain't a typo.
I wonder when they'll announce it?

I wanna see Menat be impregnated

Since we're in the "I wanna fug X" phase of this thread, which fightan has the subjective best grills?
inb4 some ultra gaylord says Bridget
MK. Those edenians are just something else.

Also how's Divekick doing nowadays?

When is someone gonna make a new PC/PS4 clone of the neo geo cd controller? This is the closest I've seen so far but they haven't shown off what the sticks are like

Please dont post pictures of my waifu Baiken getting fucked that would upset me dearly thank you in advance

twitter.com/kuuronn/status/919115702694330368

haha

ok

I think the animator (one guy did this) was re-creating THAT Rogue One scene. Personally I would have made the scene with more shadows and purple psycho power fx.

Do you mod your games?

Nope

So will capcom be adding this infinite to the tourney rules?

This game looks something that should never be taken seriously in a tournament. It's like when they had HnK at AnimEVO. Everyone knew not to take it seriously because everyone was on the same page that it was crazy broken. However, it was fun to play unlike MvCI which has way too many problems to really enjoy. This game shouldn't have a serious tourney until it's fixed.

I modded in Nina's leather outfit for her.

I'm just here for the girls.

I didn't even know this was a thing. I wouldn't even have to get new parts, I could just gut my regular fightstick. Now how would I get it to also work for the PS2?

Any tips for learning Paul in Tekken? I only have Tekken Tag 1.

Ryu's best theme is the SF2 anime movie theme

Lili in Asuka's costume is the mod I use

Depending on what kind of functionality (particular systems and even games, as I'll explain), the MC Cthulhu might be a good choice for pcb modding an existing stick. I have a custom hitbox that I made with one and it's great; I love it. But, I can't verify how well it works on ps4. I just don't know the exact details. I mostly play ops3, where everything works fine. And on the occasions I have played on ps4, I only ended up playing skullgirls anyways, which is a game that is pioneering legacy controller support for fighters. Companies that license their legacy controller support still manage to fuck it up, like in the case of MKX, where you still need to have a ds4 plugged in to use your ps3 stick. But, I have a controller that works on ps3, ps4, pc, gamecube/wii, ps1, o2, dreeamcast, and snes. All I have to do is plug the right cable into it. Anything that's common ground can go from the controller plug to Ethernet cable, seriously, it's so fucking cool. Actually, come to think of it, I think I did get to play bbcf on ps4 with my mc Cthulhu. I think it does work for ps4.

I'm too poor to get a PC

Does this /fgg/ have the same people from Half /fgg/ Like the tripfags, namefags, dodgers etc

Do you have a picture? I'm having trouble visualising what that looks like. On the topic of Tekken, is it possible to disable/mod out customizations in T7 yet?

You've completely misread that.

>>>/fighters/8441
Took me a minute. Thanks anyway.

Check some stick-modding sites before you go all in; 8ch.net/fighters/res/5263.html#q8441

See pic related

Not that I'm aware of

You haven't been able to tripfag or namefag because of 4 am threads for months

I think there are more actual evidence for a new Samurai Shodown than a NGBC with a MvCI-tier roster.
>SNK finally release Samurai Shodown V Special outside of arcades for the first time on the PS4 other console ports ended up on Steam but by DotEmu, so get fucked

It's said to feature only the character pass for the first two seasons, so no costumes, be it grindable ones or premium, colors like the still exclusive japanese ones or stagesthat are grindable. So it's different than Extend versions of Blazblue or Ultimate versions of NRS games that came with everything released ultil the date of their releases even if some got more DLC after that.

I have to say KOF. There's such a variety of girls and many are great.

Better dead characters

was curious since i heard this place was by the guys from /halfgg/ and i recently checked the place out again and the discord and goddamn its horrible even by 4 /vg/ standards

Which fighting game has the most customization options?

Any on PC because mods. eg. Like Nadeshiko x2

Jump ultimate stars

Remember when Ryu's hurricane kick was useful? Way back in Alpha?

Ryu's hurricane kick got nerfed since SF2 Champion Edition when it was a one-hit knockdown… It was so bad SF3 gave him a new kick special move

The worst part is Marvel players trying to justify shit like this by saying being broken is part of the experience and wanting infinites and glitches to stay in for that.
The problem is "Marvel broken" isn't nearly as fun or as hard as other broken games.

Use the death fist wisely, don't be predictable with it.

ALL version of Chunners (except the mvci version)

I know fighters aren't particularly known for having good stories but what the fuck. I love every bit of it.

Just bought a PS1 in an impulse. What fighters are genuinely good on it aside from Tekken 3 and Bloody Roar 2? Soul Blade and the EX games have aged like shit.

You could've bought a PS2 or PS3 instead, as both consoles are backwards compatible with PS1 games.
Street Fighter EX2+ is actually pretty good even if there's no Allen or Blair.

blazblue.kumodori.com/index.html

Read this as an assist. Enjoy, I loved it too.

That belly button is gross.

I always hear Discord is scummy. What have they done that's so bad exactly?

Marvel players keep saying it's fun, but you can tell they're lying. They know it's a soulless game with so many problems, but they only want the glitches to stay for easy weed money. The most embarrassing defense came form Eventscrubs when they tried to bring up Carpal Tunnel Syndrome to prevent Spidey glicthes.

That was actually exactly what I was reading. Now if only I put as much time practicing how not to play like a tard as I did reading this.

You. I like you.

Hardly

How else am I supposed to smug on the competition while literally stomping their shit in?

Yes

You're entitled to your alright taste.

End with Orochi Burensen for maximum smug effect. Especially the A version.

Yes. In the few days I've been playing CF I've already got just over 100 matches as Terumi against friends– And while most of them are losses now, I swear I will smug my way to the top eventually, learning the hardest of reads and applying the heaviest of pressures!

Good luck on your mission for wins and getting your suit back from Jin. Be sure to report on your smug victories here.

Have team based fighting games ever been balanced?

Kizuna Encounter is actually decent.

She's wonderful, out of the entire playable cast she seems to be the one that you could legitimately make a decent wife

Too bad you'd have to deal with her constantly having gas and smelly boot feet

>implying this is a dealbreaker

I am for sexual. Let the girls flow.

I get the feet but what's with gas?!?

How about strongest woman in the world?

her butt is huge because it's bloated with farts. she's also said to be a glutton BRRRRAAAPPPPP

ha ha

Yo my gurl Rachel is in

I'd be shitposting if I said that's probably why they're going for a simple mostly-QCF scheme
Wonder if the Steam version's netcode will be shit.

Ruby is shit and you should kill yourself

Weiss is a look I like with a personality I hate
EWWWWW

They are doing everything in their power to keep me far away from the game.

are you kidding? the "leaked" roster for the supposed new NGBC is fucking amazing. The only thing wrong with it is if you're a huge Kimfag.

Zeku has Normal/Strider stance with totally different movesets. His theme is nifty.
Normal stance is mostly original stuff, Strider stance is closer to Guy.

This looks like total ass, if you excuse me.

so he's old strider lore wise?

Is that STILL unavailable to players without modding? Jesus Christ!

Cross Tag Battle finally has confirmed platforms, they are:

PC/PS4/Switch

dsogaming.com/news/blazblue-cross-tag-battle-confirmed-pc/

bruh

They're going to keep putting out options to piss people off at character select.

Well now that there is a PC version confirmed, at least now people can mod out all the RWBY voice acting from the game.

At least with PC release you can mod the RWBYshit out of the game, especially the awful songs.

Shit, my bad

How do I fucking fix this, lads?
Have a free liru.

Find a way an easier way to hit all those buttons, and take your trash back.

I hope you get run over by a train.

I was talking about that Liru, I fucking love 6 button controllers.

You have crossed the line, nigger.

Not a fan of inflation.

If there's no jp dub you could always edit the voices out on PC.

Actually happened last night but I got an astral by going in dry against Noel.

HORSE IN DISGUISE

Those are just her pants. Calm down. Also sick numbers.

RWBY girls will have japanese VAs: nicovideo.jp/watch/1507786025
At least now we know what Blazblue game the Switch would get that they announced during its reveal.

Besides Kim who is hugely popular and never missed a single crossover,
That's just a boring roster and I'm not even going by what that other guy of /neog/ at half-chan said. Not even the original rumor guy consider him.

Also, RWBY was the only franchise with only one character announced. But now with 4 Blazblue characters, maybe there'll be franchises with more characters than others or there'll only have three more characters to reveal Noel, Nu and one more

I just have no idea how the fuck will Rachel work in this game without the Drive mechanic and only 2 buttons for moves and EX versions with the third one.

Its supposed to be pretty popular in Japan, not surprising considering the quality of their 3D anime.

Christ, I heard it was bad, but that's just terrible.

Holy shit, I've only heard how shit it was but this is something else. What the fuck happened?

Do I look like Dobson?

Oh wow it really is that bad. I thought everyone was just sperging because it was 3D.

leader incompetence

ONE. JOB.

Theme sounds nice and the move set is interesting. It's not saying much but he certainly seems a lot better than most of the other S2 characters.

I'm glad it's got jap VAs but they should've made JP songs too.

When are we getting new Darkstalkers?

When SNK buys Capcom hopefully.

Why am I even surprised.

If capcom goes tits up they'll go the THQ route and sell off their IPs individually since that way the hire ups get the most money.
I rather French Bread get Darkstalkers while SNK picks up Rival Schools/Project Justice.

Give it up, Ono. Nobody wants you shitting another franchise.

Still no best dead in this topic.

I'm not quite sold on this game yet. But if they pull a miracle by some chance and squeeze Nora into the roster, it'll be a midnight launch buy, no questions asked.

Maybe when Capcom's finished raping everything else they have, and no sooner.

>starting to learn positioning, reactions, and how to do the inputs correctly but the full circle is still kind of inconsistent with me, and the vertical charge motion too
How does this game have so much attention to detail? I love it.
How good or bad are fighting games if I want to singleplayer only? I live in egypt and I doubt I can find local people to play with, and I don't really have a desire to play a game with so much depth and second to second action with a relatively high ping.

well tons of fighting games will have decent single player.
SNK games are known for being tough
I guess other games like third strike I would recommend are Yatagarasu and Martial Masters(kinda not really).

Aside from that learn how to MAME and fightcade and you can be occupied with fighting games for a long ass while

shit also garou mark of the wolves too

The absolute madmen

Is that Hakan raping her? I guess Turks are fucking rapists all along?

I won't pretend like Pokken's got the most advanced tech in it, but it's fun as fuck and it's been a great gateway to the joys of fighting games.
Just earlier today I was sparring with someone, and was initially getting bodied. However, slowly but surely I began to learn what they were doing, and countering it.
It ended with me winning most of the time

Right after we get a new Virtua Fighter.
I'm always ready for challengers.

I-I just want to get better.

Hold the pad with your left hand, rest the right side on your knee and lay your right hand over the top.

If you're having fun, you're having fun. I know Dubai has something of a scene, your ping to there shouldn't be too bad

Ono did it. Not only did he make another character uglier than Ken and Abigail, but he also fucked up sideburns and a Go Na Gai style character.

Zeku looks kind of decent, but that being remarkable for SFV is hilarious.

I've been using my thumb for movement on both my fightpad and PS2 contoller, have I been doing it wrong all this time?

Map it to the triggers

I wouldn't go that far.

Here I'll go farther though. Really is a poor design choice, instead of going wild with the hair and sideburns they just added a bunch needless details and color to his costume.

Fixed because it seems that's what they wanted to do but didn't want to add that pesky copyright on the title screen.
Seriously, it's the one thing about the character I'm questioning the most. Why did they felt necessary to add NOT!Strider? Are they that out of ideas, they can't come up with a ninja?

Sauce?

Wait, what? What's with the transformation, and why isn't he just Strider Hiryu?

Oh he's an actual character from Capcom's history. I thought they were just making up shit.

How come he is a strider and why does he transform into a young guy?
leaves two question which I'm sure capcom will fail to give a satisfying answer to and retcon later on.
If he is a legit strider then I want to see a captain commando in a SF roster sometime in the future

At least Weiss' voice is more tolerable than Ruby's voice. Also what's with all the non arguments in the comment section?

How good or bad are fightans for solitaire? Well, that depends on what you want out of them. If you want a good story, look elsewhere. Fightan stories are dumb because they always have to facilitate the necessary conflicts involved with a bunch of people fighting each other, so the best you can hope for is a soap opera. They can still be fun, though. My personal faves for singleplayer are Mortal Kombat 9 because of the level of creativity in gameplay styles of mini games and the challenge tower, skullgirls just because it's a good game, and Guilty Gear accent core yadda yadda because its extra game modes are creative, too (M.O.M. Ftw). Also, Mortal Kombat Deception or Deadly Alliance, whichever had the rpg mode where you play as shujinko. Also, also, every single tekken game ever because they always add a bunch of extra content like bowling, volleyball, and beat em up action games, and the arcade mode endings are satisfying to watch.

Dual audio is already confirmed so they should stop whining.

RWBYfags that will end up dropping the game after an hour can't take it when you call the trash they enjoy what it is; trash

Keep getting destroyed, watch replays, learn from your mistakes, and practice. They got to where they were by getting their ass kicked and learning from it. In Gundam Versus, I've been winning most of the matches I've been playing online recently. I went from losing constantly to very rarely losing and I'm still finding new things to learn from. Keep playing and you'll start to have some fun once you realize you're making progress.

As expected of Youtube commenters. Also her voice is horrid. I'm glad it has dual audio.

Don't think so. The kanji in their chests don't match.
I wager they did this thinking they can pull some people who get of fpretending they're playing as another character aka the Skullgirls audience.

Is this the next level in weeb BO or something?

Could be like MvC3 and the dual audio only applies to P4 and BB characters because they have dual audio in their own games. Dunno shit about RWBY but the studio could be cunts and not allow for JP voices (like Marvel did) or Arc being cheapskates and not doing it at all.
If there's already JP voice for the RWBY character then disregard. I'm not keeping tabs on the game.

You can just feel the asshurt seeping through from this sarcasm. Also got to love the strawmanning. Can't handle the fact that RWBY original voice acting just isn't good regardless if you prefer English or Japanese.

KT TGS stream: youtu.be/l5wblPLzeh8?t=20547

Read the thread

ARc realized this is one thing they'll better spend money on.

Meanwhile, token Capcom dick-worshipper, EH, tells us that having cancer is actually a good thing.
"Fighting game eSports needs more than just winners, it needs entertainers"
archive.is/VqzQl

I can almost hear Nuclear Negro boiling from across the ocean.

Fuck

So Esports needs people who tried to rape women in tourneys (Smash spic, Marn getting creepy around women in events), grab their asses (Noel Brown), are soulless shit bags (Gllty), and act like thugish cunts in events (Every fgc ass-hole in SoCal like Fchamp and Marn)!? Consistency seems to be something Eventscrub writers are really lacking.

You can't have cake and eat it at the same time, Eventscrubs,

Hair looks like shit, he has the ugly SFV Ken face,

Sad thing is he probably won't have any alternate colors that are a tribute to Go Na Gai characters like Ryoma or Hayato.

Didn't they have a Guy illustration that eventually became younger Zeku? Again, they should have just put Guy there instead of Zeku, and update his moves.

Quick reminder that Kliff had age-changing powers in fighting games before Zeku did.

I kind of wish Kliff came back in Xrd. Too bad that will never happen.

if Zato did why not?

Kliff is unpopular in Japan, he scored pretty low on an official "Who do you want to see next?" poll, the same poll that let Dizzy into the game early supposedly since she won.

What do you mean "supposedly"? The poll was viewable while it happened and Dizzy blew everyone the fuck out. Dizzy has always been a super popular character so it's no surprise she won.

Game development is funny, it's possible they already had plenty of her done before the poll, considering how high quality she is compared to the other characters.
I also remember Daisuke saying he wanted all XX characters in Xrd at some point, so it's possible that a good number of them are being worked on right now.
ABA when ;_;

At least Aba has a small chance unlike Kliff.

I would want Zappa and Testament back before A.B.A. I don't care about Bridget or Kliff at all.

I think I timestamp the DOA section. Anyway, you asked for sauce, right? The producers talk about the DLC at the end of the game part. If you want, Dualshockers and Siliconera also made an article about that.

I guess that's the USA citzens way to do things there. But I do not see the correlation between the article and the image explaining Zeku. Didn't find him all that intersting. And don't get why they showed him after an announcement where everyone and the meta will get an overhaul.

There isn't. It's just a piece of info from the guy that's been datamining SFV to hell and back. On that note, Capcom put out an official mini-guide of sorts.
game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/promotion/zku

Using his V-Skill, and the special move Shukumyo,
Zeku can change between his old and young versions.
Old and Young Zeku have completely different normal moves, throws, and special moves. Together with the change in appearance, they are totally different characters.
Pick the fighting style that best suits the situation to take control of the fight.

Who fucking writes this shit?!

Will this finally set the VF characters free and allow AM2 to make a VF6? Please?

He'll Izuna Check Your Privilege if you slut-shame Ibuki.

Man that render is so fucking awful, it's not even using the correct face model. That's the young face on the old body.
This is a repeat of V-trigger Abigail size in his trailer.

My God, you're right.

No because they've been free, Sega is just too lazy to make a new VF and keep AM2 trapped making Miku games forever

Someone has to be doing this on purpose.

actually trying to make a breakthrough like they did with VF1 but they can't

Where the fuck did this shit meme come from? Just because they gave them the rights for 4 characters so they can do whatever doesn't mean that they can't do anything with those characters.

Official mod for SFV FANG

ZEKU ~ looks interesting. afaik He's a side character and this is the first time he is playable.

Why did you think Hakan? It could easily be Birdie or Abigail in V-trigger mode…

Hope your fightan' is treating you right today friends. Have fun.

Yes, this is a legit costume for Dante. Yes, they are referencing the shitty DmC game nobody likes (When Capcucks defend that game, it kills their souls). Yes, it looks like shit.

It's like Ono and John D are trying to piss everyone off with this game. Why would you add Donte to your game knowing everyone hates him, and the game is already bad? Are you trying to push money away from you?

They can't even promote their own characters without fucking up. This is Ibuki and Abigail-tier levels of fuck up.

I reuse to believe a video game company makes so many blunders, and: A) Still does jack shit to fix it's reputation, and B) Doesn't punish or fire people who make these kinds of mistakes. I would be pretty pissed if John D got a promotion or reward for MvCI.

Or Rashid. It's probably Rashid.

It's actually true. How fuckin' disconnected can someone be?

It's actually pretty easy.
With that it's done.

Only good one out of those is the Miss Marvel costume, and that's mainly because it reminds you of a time when Marvel wasn't shit and Captain Marvel wasn't an unlikable bulldyke cunt.

I didn't think it was possible, but they actually made Dante and Morrigan look worse with these costumes.

I don't know what hurts me more: Arthur's Angelic Armor from Ultimate GnG looks like half-assed shit, or they botched up Firebrand's Ultimate Gargoyle form (it still sucks knowing he was voiced by an annoying, Canadian faggot)? I'm still trying to figure out how do you ruin a vague reference in Chun's costume with that shitty outfit let alone pick something so vague almost no one remembers.it.

Sweet Christmas, they just couldn't leave it alone, could they?

Damn near all of these suck.

Welp another game with the voices off.

Those all together cost 30$ btw

At least they bothered to keep the DT consistent with the game.
I'm sure the 0.001% of people who happen to like both MVC:I and DmC will appreciate the attention to detail.

we DOA5 now

Because one season pass just wasn't enough

wait till they announce a premium color palette pass

It's sad knowing the original Dante model looks like complete shite, yet they put more effort into making the Donte costume look good. If I was a DmC fan, I'd protest this jewry shit.

Jesus Christ, they put more effort into making passes than the actual game.

I also like how they can't have Captain Marvel without reminding you she was Ms. Marvel

Apparently, it's costumes for the whole cast. 30 costumes for $29,99. So about half the game's cost on shitty costumes alone. As underlined, it's a Premium Costume Pass. Or as the mouthbreathers at EH would put it, "one heck of a deal!" Seriously, I glance those comment sections and I can't fathom if these are shills as subtle as the 1812 Overture Finale or the most easy to please people in the cosmos.

Can someone teach me how to Bang in Blazblue? How do I combo into his command grab? And how should I be using my nails? I find that I'm constantly tossing out the shuriken specials and neglecting to place them which may be a mistake.

After how they went right back to sucking Capcom's cock after the rootkit and SFxT shitstorms, they have to be shills. I'd lose faith in humanity as a whole otherwise.

The bumpers aren't super important starting out since you'd use them after a knockdown to setup mixups. Use the nail that explodes in neutral to control space as you approach and use the web nail in combos. You can combo into his gommand grab from an air dash cancelled forward through from memory. I'm no bang expert but that's the little bits of knowledge I can part.

Capcucks like Wong, Geoff the SjwCapcuck, Marn, Max, and FIlipino Champ don't give two shits as long as they keep their careers and weed money from supporting Capcom and other shitty companies like NRS, Iron Galaxy, and Bamco.

keyboard user here and i want to teach a friend how to fighting games any tips ?
i find it hard to play using a joystick , i question myself how tf people are able to play with a joystick and call it comfortable .

How do I not lose control over Bang during Furinkazan? I like to play Taokaka and Tsubaki but Bang seems cool but hard to control.

Alright fine, you did ONE good thing MvC:I

It doesn't even let me bind it to fucking keyboard keys, learn to read nigger.

No, dodging in JJBA is done by pressing all the punch buttons at once. It has nothing to do with the joystick.

Because he is red-skinned and an Ottoman scum.

Rashid has the same skin tone as Menat, so it can't be him. But he is an Arab, so he is a rapist by default.

This is the one thing they SHOULDN'T have done.

Literally, only Ms. Marvel is the only one that looks different. And it shows how desperate they are to rely on that. Shame that Donte cancelled that out.

No, Menat is more tanned than Rashid if you look at it carefully. I still say Rashid raped Menat in that picture. She's Egyptian while he's a Mudslime Rapefugee from somewhere like Syria or Iran.

In Firebrand's defense, it's from Demon's Crest, but the costume just looks like shit. They screwed it up, and I hope they don't bring back the other forms like Aerial or even Arremer Joker.

Heh, you are right about her being more tanned, but that rapist is red-skinned.

He is from the United Arab Emirates. Technically not a rapefugee since that country is stable.
And I learned that Arabs get really pissed if you compare them with Iranians because they are not Persians.

Characters weren't on disk totally. They missed the skelentons. They just came a few weeks after the release.

Who wants to bet that DMC5 and DmC:DMC 2 will be announced at the same time and their budget was forcibly shared between them so the retarded Capcom execs could have a retarded race to see which DMC people want?

Nothing would please me more then to see DMC5 destroy DmC 2.
Tameem wouldn't have Itsuno there to fix his game for him this time.

Why would anyone want DmC2? The Neofags didn't even buy the game.

Everything about Monster Hunter is so awkward from her lines to the animations.

Because This is what DmC apologists actually think.

According to some guy on twitter, MvC:I's DLC characters are playable with a cheat engine on the PC version.

If that's true it (obviously) means that they are included in the original download and there's probably just a flag that needs to be set in the code.

It's sad that I actually believe Capcom would be so inept.

How do you continue fucking up like this?

I shouldn't have read this.

Good job!

No need for a cracked version or anything, just run a script through cheat engine and you're set! Capcom is reaching for new lows, soon they'll be at the center of the Earth.

The best part was he was trying to argue that DmC didn't sell like shit.
There was 3 of us hitting him with facts and proof that it didn't, and then he leaves like lol my commonsense made you guys butt hurt.

*That it DmC did sell like shit

But why?

At least the next Touhou fighting game with the tag system will be decent, right? Right?
Please give me Clowntitties or Junko, ZUN, Doremy was an odd choice but I can't hate the smug baku.

Depends, is it still floaty shit?

Yes, they're still floating around. I liked the system enough, but I prefer SWR. Hell, I still play it with a Friend of mine when we have the chance. The tag system looks neat, and I hope they put Reisen on the PC version, it was bullshit to leave her as PS4 exclusive. And for fuck's sake, fix the goddamn online mode, some anons here were patient to try and set up some games but it was slower than frozen molasses.

wait am i not supposed to rub against the gate?

It's something you should eventually stop doing because it's slower than riding the switches.

Buy BLack Panther please

Sincerely
Disney

like i'm using a square gate and i usually hit when i stop, i kinda get the point of using and oct now because you get "tactile bumps" where you know where it ends. But is it okay to do a full throw if you're finishing/stopping?

How disappointed will I be if I planned my holiday around Canada Cup?

Yeah that's fine, it's just mid-movement that it's suboptimal.

surprisingly it doesn't look nearly as shit in that trailer.
But All you have to do is watch the first one to be reminded how dumb its going to be

I miss when MonHun characters just made grunting noises.

Kill yourself

Filtered

earned another ban merit badge for fucking wrecking who must be an actual janny. apparently "can't do a hadouken to save his career" /vg/ mod likes doling out bans to people who hurt his feelings.

keep crying, faggot.

I don't know if I should be sad or happy for the DLC ending. At least the free Marie Rose costume will come on November 8th.

Honestly I'm surprised the Virtua Fighter characters got any.

That's because they only had the rights for 6 costumes

You can bet that this they'll fix asap. It's not the first time something like this happened, if I'm not mistaken.

WTF is that Nyotengu costume? Heck! four fifths of these have me concluding they only had one submission per character and it won by default.

Anyway, the token SFV dataminer said S3 will be 6 characters - 4 veterans and 2 newcomers.

It happened with Juri and Urien right after the story update for SFV. If I'm not mistaken, they never did anything outside of telling EventScrubs to chastise players for doing it. MvCi will likely be no different.

place your bets now everyone, of course we'll have Sagat. I've betting Hakan, Blanka, and E.Honda. one thing they could do that would be dope is release Yun and Yang at the same time, two characters in one day kinda deal. We could also easily see Sakura or Makoto

Oh, boy. Keep going the good work, capcom. Make everyday happier for everyone.

Faggot.

Are you allergic to shekels?

I'd rather spare Sakura from being in this because she'll definitely get ruined.

Ok, so it has gameplay but even then there's some broken bullshit in it and I can't stand that active switch crap that can be done while you're in a combo.

I dont want Makoto to make it in for that reason, I'm afraid they'll make her shit, or turn her into a lesbian or some gay shit like that

Months ago, there was a alleged leak that mentioned Sagat and Sakura. It also deconfirmed Oro, Necro, Q and Viper. I guess that makes it 2 of my favorites are home free from this shit and as I've no interest in getting the game, well, here's hoping Rose and Sodom stay out too.
Don't really have any guesses because besides Sagat, I don't know who else people are whining to get added (there was Mika, Karin and Alex and they're already in). I think they'll go full pander with this batch given the fiasco S2 was.
Guess I'll say Yun and Sean because it just isn't nu-Capcom without them being just a wee bit out of touch. And because I can't stand those fags.

Anybody play RoA? Sorry if a smash knockoff isn't /fgg/ enough.

Where's Area

Hopefully in Arika's game.

Safely owned by Arika to prevent her getting raped.

It doesn't look like she'll be in the confirmed 10 characters so pray their publisher gives them enough money to expand the roster.

Only one I'd even like to see added to SFV at this point would be Twelvebecause there's no way they could make him any worse.

Do not doubt Capcom's destructive powers.

Have any of you idea guy your dream fighting game?

Wanna talk about it?
I'm curious to see your ideas.

a 6 button guilty gear or blazblue pretty much, fast paced combos, crazy anime bullshit, but with 6-8 buttons

Virtua Fighter vs Fatal Fury

Make it SEGA vs SNK so we can have AoF, KoF, Yakuza etc reps. It could a be pretty visually coherent game and even have a story that makes sense, like having a Omi Alliance and Geese Howard alliance as the premise.
That said, it's the crossover FG I'd like to see the most and have them go bananas on the roster but I wouldn't mind a roster that stays in the contemporary era.

I do but I suck

If half an apple is rotten, then its a rotten apple. Why they put so much investment in defending something they know its putrid?

So people will complain why sonic isn't in? No.

I have a lot of ideas on what I'd like, but no real cohesive vision for what it'd be. Realistically, I'd probably have to make two fighting games with very different mechanics to get all the ideas I have out into the world.

This would never happen, because it would be too good and would kill fighting games.

Did someone seriously complain about the lack of Sonic in Project X Zone?

Cool. I have the same thoughts, user. Crazy mechanics, unexpected crossovers, etc. but nothing concrete and no expectation to make it.

Why wouldn't he be in it? He's already got a usable moveset and everything.

Tatsu is a good air crossup move and for cornering people

I'm actually more happy about deconfirmations that confirmations about this point. I don't want Q's return to be in that.

Me too. New characters are fun though.

The only reason I picked VF and FF specifically is because you can easily adapt FF characters to VF's 3D gameplay or adapt VF characters to FF plane system.
Plus the roster would be piss easy to make; take everyone from VF5:FS, then take Fatal Fury Special's roster and throw in some characters from fatal fury 2/3 to balance it up to the same amount as VF's side. Then to top it all off add in Ryo Sakazaki and Ryo Hazuki as secret characters as a nod to Fatal Fury Special/the fact Shenmue started as a Virtua Fighter RPG/Lmao 2Ryo

Are there any 2D fighters made on unity3d?

wow

(trash)

They…they really repeated the same thing from SFxT. They really thought people would forget about that shit game, so they could do the same thing in MvCI.

Fucking Amazing!

not even a good clone?

judging by how many people are defending it, they have forgotten.

I can't stand when people defend such crap. just yesterday I some how started arguing with a DmC apologist, they were trying to say DmC didn't sell like shit, and DMC4 sold bad. when it was the exact opposite with DMC4 being the best selling DMC game. They made no fucking sense. then acted like I was the one who was full of shit.
I turn into webm related.

I didn't notice i already posted that pic in this thread.

None, yet that I know of. A couple of west coast hipsters are working on a fightan using unity. It's called Cerebrawl, and it purports to be a four player vs game where players on each team co.trol each character and tag in or out as needed. They stream their development on twitch.

An Aquabats fighting game based on MVC2, but with Injustice controls and KOF 98 striker style assists. Artstyle will follow the comic book cartoon segments from their tv show.

It feels solid, but is like wow, another guilty guear clone, how exciting.

if I wanted to play GG, I would download GG.

Trajes Fatais: Suits of Fate is being done on Unreal Engine 4 for some reason

Reminder that smash sucks and the community is a shitty cult, worse than Marvel.
Boxes referring to the recently banned hitboxes for GC. You can't even have them visible.

Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter
fightersgeneration.com/screens/ultra-sf4-horror.htm

gigamaidens

Yun with a Yang costume and Yang with a Yun costume

2D sword fight game that takes cues from Last Blade 2's power mode, characters would have such different techniques to one another that they do certain universal mechanics completely differently from each other, and this can even affect health bars or a character that uses only one button to attack but the others change stance/do extra-specific stance moves.

Nappa pulling a Jack-O with Saibamens and Ginyu confirmed for the game

And Charm System from Arcana Heart confirmed too for extras:
gematsu.com/2017/10/dragon-ball-fighterz-launches-february-1-japan-adds-nappa-captain-ginyu

Did Gigadev really gave up for not finding a codemonkey?

This makes me laugh every time.

What's especially good is THIS WASN'T EVEN ALLOWED TO HAPPEN. They banned the smash box/B0xx before it could get widespread adoption. As far as I know the only real user of the smashbox was already a well respected high level player that LITERALLY GOT ARTHRITIS FROM PLAYING. It also makes basic techniques less intuitive to do while making very niche techniques relatively easy, it's an investment to use it and at first it's like the Tekken player that can nail all the optimal combos but loses to a poker with way better neutral.

you forgot the best part:
>starts actively shilling against hitbox & smashfags eat it up because he's a (((respected community leader)))

But why?

No one understands Smash players.

Apparently that's the issue. Nothing of value was lost.

I didn't hear about that one. That makes it even better

I guess I'll post this here since we're past the bump limit anyway. Apologies for the wall of text.
In the last thread some anons brought up the topic of the competitive Melee scene's recent banning of the Smashbox, a hitbox-style controller developed for use with Melee. As someone who occasionally watches Smash and the drama surrounding it (because I have a problem and I'm not ready to admit it yet), I thought I would compile a more thorough breakdown of the autistic screeching the Melee community has been doing since the latter half of 2016.

First, you must understand the problems with the Gamecube and its controllers, and why they matter for Melee. The Gamecube controller, as wonderful as it is, has many manufacturing defects and design problems which make it unsuited for high-level play of most anything, especially a game as autistically technical as Melee. These problems include:
The final problem is why Armada refused to participate at a tournament earlier this year: he uses one of the perfect controllers, it broke at the venue, and he didn't have a spare so he decided to drop completely.

Sounds pretty bad. Fortunately, there exist solutions to these problems. Modders have discerned how to fix just about all these. Between motherboard mods, emulation mods, training mode mods, and case mods for eight additional notches on your analogue gate, you can get a shitty controller upgraded to a decent one for about $50. Unfortunately, this means the best way to play the game is on an emulator with modded hardware AND software, at which point why are you even playing the game?

But Melee players eat shit all the time, so why is this news? And what does it have to do with the Smashbox? I'm glad you asked.

I never had the chance to play any of the post MK3-Pre MK9 mortal kombat games. How are they? Are any of them worth playing even if it's just the singleplayer?

In the middle of 2016, shortly after his huge run at Pound 2016, beloved player Hax$ declares he must take a break from the game because playing so much technical Fox at Pound put severe strain on a joint/ligament/tendon in his hand to the point it started calcifying. The joint ultimately stretched itself past what any human being should be doing with it, and he needed surgery.

People really like Hax, so this was a huge bummer. He had several hand surgeries but the damage was so severe that many doctors didn't want to risk botching the operation and crippling him for life. You can read more about this on his Twitter if you're interested, but it's rather buried by this point.

The exact order of events isn't terribly important, so suffice it to say around this time Hitbox announced their plans to develop a Smash-compatible hitbox style controller. Instead of an analogue stick, the smashbox uses buttons and modifier buttons to recreate the important angles on a GCN controller. While the control scheme would take some getting used to (seriously, look at it), the idea seemed inoffensive enough.

This being the Melee community, people found it offensive. Players immediately took to Reddit and Twitter to screech about how a third-party controller would go against “the integral muscle memory experience of playing Melee,” or something to that effect. While plenty of people didn't care, the communication around the Smashbox and exactly what it would do (would there be macros? would there be input buffers?) was pretty lacklustre. Eventually the Hitbox team released a video explaining the controller in greater detail and people seemed to calm down. The team even reached out to Hax to help design it, since he was the poster boy for hand damage.

Radio silence followed, and then we got a 30-minute video of Hax explaining in no uncertain terms:

So then Hax announced he would be making his own version of the controller, called the B0XX.

So then Gravy, the pro playtester for Hitbox went to an event with a “Hitbox prototype” whose button layout bore a suspicious resemblance to Hax's B0XX layout (although Gravy still used a GCN controller at his local tournaments because ????).

So then the Melee “community leaders” decided there needed to be some kind of consistency on rulings, so they formed a committee of 25 of the game's top players and analysts, who promptly voted to ban all hitbox-style controllers at all events (but not before Armada gave his spot to a woman).

During that voting process (or maybe when it was clear hitbox style controllers wouldn't work for Melee autists), Hax announced another idea: a standardized mod for GCN controllers to make them all interpret data the same way and collect the work various modders had been doing. He called this mod Arduino, and it probably would have gone somewhere if it hadn't begun shorting people's controllers due to voltage issues.

And that's more or less the story of the Smashbox. I may have not included every detail, but I believe I mentioned everything important.

Either I'm understanding this incorrectly or you should look up what an Arduino is.

I can understand the argument against hitbox-style controllers.
In Melee, as you've noted, some techniques (Wavedashing, Fox's recovery, etc.) can cause your character to go in a range of different directions depending on the direction you push the control stick in.
In order to use hitbox-style controllers in Melee, you have to use a DAC (Digital to Analog Converter) to convert a digital (0-or-1) button press or stick push into an analog (two 0-255 values, one for each axis) control stick value.
So these hitbox-style controllers end up being capable of hitting precise angles consistently that you can't with standard Gamecube controllers, as they map a specific control stick angle to a button.

That said, the ergonomics of dual-stick controllers is awful.
This isn't a problem when playing most games, but for Melee, it is clearly enough to destroy your hands, as seen with Hax.
There's no reason the Melee community shouldn't be able to compromise to allow hitbox-style controllers somehow.
Just as a really dumb example of a potential compromise…Allow DACs, but require they select a random angle value within X% of the value they're shooting for.

It was a mod that used an Arduino to get the job done.
Currently the Melee community has begun implementing a software-side fix called UCF (Universal Controller Fix).
It makes dashback have a 2-frame window, and changes the input for shield-drop so that it can be done on any controller.
But I guess the ban on hitbox-style controllers is still in effect despite this?

It's a mess, honestly.
I wonder what would happen if a developer tried building a game from the ground up that supported both analog (dual-stick controller) and digital (arcade stick) controllers.

Right, I knew I'd heard the name somewhere. Should have been clearer.

This is true, but it isn't quite as important as most smashfags will tell you. Fox/Falco have like 180+ angles for their up-Bs, but realistically you'll maybe use a dozen of them and the infinitesimal differences between the fractals of each range for those dozen are mostly meaningless.
Honestly, I think something akin to pic related would be a decent idea despite how dumb it looks.

wait a second, I do play fighting games with my pc keyboard, am I a hitbox player?

This smash shit is ridiculous. The game is literally causing damage to players, let them use a different fucking controller.

Sounds like you could be one.

I dunno, seems like a little difference in angle could make the difference between a hit and a miss.

The way I look at it, digital controllers have the advantage of getting a precise angle consistency, where as analog controllers get the full range of granularity that a digital controller could not have without having more buttons than a piano has keys.
It's probably not great that there are advantages/disadvantages between controllers, but the advantages/disadvantages between the controllers might actually be reasonably well-balanced/negligible overall.
It's not like Hax has been placing better in tournaments with the B0XX than he was placing with a Gamecube controller.
But the Melee community doesn't seem to even feel like giving it a chance.

I'm pretty much a kof player (I'm spic funny hows that) but I'm still struggling with kof hard commands, but I can right now start to do basic Max mode in 02 combos.

So feels good.

Dang it, tried to copy/paste a gif and it pasted as a PNG instead.

Don't smash players also carry around crt monitors to tournaments and shit?

Yes, since an unmodded Gamecube will only output in 480. If you plug it into an HDTV you get input lag.

I see you have never even played Guilty Gear.

Not even the same mechanics, control scheme, meter/meter usage, or character designs (gameplay wise).

Embeded didn't work. Here's another link of the same vid.
youtu.be/2ZocSNih1M8

The closest thing this game is to is Touhou 12.3. They both share a lot of similar mechanics.

you do realize I was refering to generic GG clones, basically anime fighters (air dashers)?

I haven't given up on shit. I have all the staff I need, it's just that I've been dealing with a setback regarding the animation since July. I've been working on it this whole time and I'm finally back on track.

Even started work on a third character.

Please die.

Guilty Gear invented airdashing just like how Street Fighting invented super meters and desperation moves and special pre-battle intros :^)

do u mean marvel?

Then you should have said that from the beginning. But even in that aspect you're still wrong. Show me 5 games that play like it. It should be easy if it's generic.

basically every air dasher.

Hitboxes are kind of like glorified keyboards, but the buttons are made so that they work better for fighting games, so yeah, basically.

20m mark for FG talk, starting with Shekels vs Functions

This is something I found amusing
There are more people playing Ubisofts shitty sword fighting game than there are playing infinite right now
I don't even think ubisoft fixed the for honor servers and they're STILL losing

I have an idea for a fighting game, more system and character mechanics but I lack the real vocabulary and understanding of how a fighting game is constructed to do anything with those ideas.

Even if Hax were to somehow create the perfect Smashbox-type controller so that he can reach his previous peak, all he'd do is go back to losing to M2K and Mango and the others like before.

So the Arcana Heart team only needs another what 30,000 shekels to get Dark Heart into the game as a playable character?

Is it possible?

And god damn does that art book look sexy, I hope they sell it separately after the backer campaign is over.

Not if they don't actively shill it or don't put some special otaku bait up as a reward option

new thread: