ITT: Underrated as FUCK games

ITT: Underrated as FUCK games

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/GarfieIdKart?lang=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Easily one of the best GBA games ever released. I would say it's also the best Sims game but it's quite a bit different than the rest so I don't think they're comparable. I'm not even sure why they called it Bustin' Out, because it has absolutely nothing in common with The Sims: Bustin' Out on PS2 and Gamecube.

Fucking promotional material for the (then) new beetle, and it's one of my favourite racing games. That soundtrack too.

Garflif ic so funni.
rememer wehn he ate lasagnia?! XD

we ausfags got this version

50% of the good games Shiny made.

Furry Zelda.

was it just me or is this game actually pretty tough?

It's pretty unforgiving and the controls are surprisingly complex.

saved ty lad

And here we go.

OP is yet again a faggot.

How long until this shit starts showing up in a MetalJesusRocks Hidden Gems episode and his scalper buddies ratchet the price through the roof?

Sometimes I wonder if we shouldn't start shilling shit games in these threads only to get him to shill for trash.

That queer browses this place?

Every youtube e-celeb does or browses the places that take suggestions from here.

Best fucking coop of my life.

holy shit this whole twitter account is constantly being fucked with…
twitter.com/GarfieIdKart?lang=en

Anyone dumped some Garfongle or Gamesfield in there?

I remember when it came out Holla Forums thought it was hilarious.

holy shit i haven't laughed this hard in a long time.

who the fuck is even running this account?

There was potential in the combat system since there's actual combos n shit but everything else basically shit the bed.

Dude that and The Urbz on GBA and DS were fucking amazing.

This game is so criminally underrated

I have it for PC, haven't touched it after trying to set up the mic commands
It's obvious the port is shit in other areas too.
I think the accual reason i gave up, was the fact i couldn't make progress because my movement keys didn't respond.

Most Lego games are underrated(aside form the licensed ones) but this one is especially good.

GRAND DAD SHREK FILTHY FRANK DANK MIMIS???? XDDDD

Apparently it didn't age very well. I presume Back to Basics is still a damn nightmare.

Also contributing to this thread.

нет

Played it a few years ago, It hasn't aged well at all.

Base as it may be, Filthy Frank is one of the only YouTube channels that still has actual jokes.

OP here. Speedrunner just shows the high skill it takes to speedrun the game.

Isn't this that game that's RAAAACIIIIIISSST?

Until you start getting to the rushed content.

IM STUFFED

I'm convinced the only people who actually like Backtracking: The Game are furries, and Miyamoto

No joke though, it's a very well done Mario Kart clone.

Not the first time Garfield's been this offensive
Also is the Sonic Twitter guy working two jobs?

Games were Miyamoto had full creative control are shit though, minus probably Donkey Kong and the first SMB.

Just got to the 4rth dungeon. On my last life. I can only hope this game isn't hardcore in its game overs.

The controls are pretty easy to learn compared to games back then. Play Jet Force Gemini if you want tough controls.

Game that almost never gets spoken of here or in the general internet at large. It could be considered the spiritual predecessor to the .skate series that were immensely popular last gen. Came out around the time THPS was making extreme sports game explode sales wise, so because it was considerably more simulation oriented and was more about nailing a good line instead of racking up POINTS, POINTS, POINTS!! the game flopped even though the game reviewed well upon its release. Has perhaps the best soundtrack in a skateboarding game, consisting entirely of the golden age of hip hop circa the mid to late 80's and early 90's.

Oh yea also you fight the occasional Jew.

the voice commands flat out do not work. forget about them and the game gets about a thousand times better. it's a legit 8/10 game that doesn't take itself too seriously and doesn't let anything get in the way of the fun of just shooting a bunch of goddamn robots

Best thread in the catalog as of now.

I played that game and it was legitimately shit, the only nice thing about it was being able to live in non standard sims housing, but then the best house is a standard sims house. gay as fuck.

Everything is racist in the (((Current year)))

It's certainly not the gameplay that's underrated…

All it needed was more SEGA characters, port the rest of the SASASR tracks and maybe make three more original tracks to fill out Outrun Bay's category. Unfortunately normalfags still think it's inferior to randomkart.

Now gimmie the original, you cocktease

anyone knows how i could replay that game, i have the CD but has some damage on it, last time i played the audio was bugged. so what to do?

Source please?

Disregard that, i suck cocks, found it.

Post it then, google tells me nothing

I found this masquerading as a Double Dragon 4 bootleg. Actually not half bad for an NES beat em up.

Post the source, friendo.

Tales of Radiata is certainly underrated. I wish we would get a few robot arena matches going.

yoooooo robot arena was my jam back in the day, holy shit. i thought i was the only one who played that.

This along with the 2nd one, imo are the greatest FPS games of all time.

The dread and suspense in the Marine campaign is really well done. Nails the movie Aliens.

The marine campaign is so damn good. And the multiplayer of the 2nd game was great too, not sure if anyone plays it though anymore since the servers got shoa'd.

How the fuck?

HAHAHAHA!11! ANTIFA ICONS

I've already played it, I hate the air and water sections

I already like these guys

is it just me or walking feels too fast in the first game? other than that, no complains

That's obviously Doc and Mharti are you blind?

I bet there's a lot of really good independent games that have been buried in the piles of indieshit.

No, Dan Harmon says otherwise.

ASSIST

The tenth circle of hell is for people who don't post sources

No joke, besides the shit product placement that sunk its chance of being a lasting franchise, this is an ideal arcade racer. The style was sort of grounded and realistic. But the tracks were populated with lots of cool details, there were really inventive shortcuts, and your car can zoom off jumps in ridiculous ways. Really good sense of light and weather. Felt like driving around a model train set.

One of my other favorites from N64, Pilotwings, also had the restrained, imaginative without being outlandish vibe.

God I fucking love N64 graphics. They had like less jaggies and blurrier textures than PS1 games.

My brother and I have played hundreds of hours of Beetle Adventure Racing. Other than Smash Bros, it's probably both of our most-played N64 game.

Seems like nobody remembers this
Been playing it again recently and it's intense as fuck. I just wish the framerate was higher

Good taste

This guy is a literal horsefucker.

I think it can be lumped with the sins of betrayal which is the ninth circle.
t. Dante Alighieri

I don't know why but I was hungover as hell all day Saturday and watched the majority of this guy's videos. I'm not sure I liked them too much overall and he seems shit at games, especially in A2MR. But it suited the mood of not being able to do anything but lie there listening and glancing at the games played. Then I saw he has buckteeth and it was a bit funny. Also he's in his own videos' comment sections sperging out at anyone not liking him.

it's his other channels that people really like
his sperg outs are half the fun

Quite possibly the most boring game that i've ever played.

Huh? Black companion dude is the best part of the game fam

I can't tell who is being ironic and who isn't

Honestly this game is a lot of fun once you get used to the weird combat system. You can feel how much development was rushed well switched halfway through for various reasons at some points though.

Good taste user.

Turn off voice commands entirely and if you're using a pirated version make sure it's patched up to the latest because they fixed a fair bit of annoying issues with the PC port.

It's like that because they redid the ENTIRE FUCKING GAME after faggots like spoony memed it into a mess.
Seriously, look at the E3 reveal level, practically everything's been changed.

Here's the 2010 reveal. Also apparently the developers didn't know what they were doing all throughout, some faggot from polygon, for once in their lives, actually typed up a decent article going through the game's development, but fuck if i'm going to track that down and post it here

and the actual gameplay for good measure. I'll stop now.

That's pretty much what I meant by 'switched halfway through', the original game they had planned would probably have been great but obviously the backlash fucked it. As it turned out The Bureau is still halfway decent but in addition to being a bit more generic there are instances of outright unfinished content, like being told to go and do a side-quest that simply doesn't exist or having a choice to shoot a faggot or not that has zero effect.

From the comments

7th Gen niggers everyone

Try playing the game, it's a lot better than is memed. Frankly it's more fun than either of the two consolised X-Com games.

I wont stop shilling this shit, it's a fun game with a neat soundtrack where you run around temples cutting the enviroment up with your laser. Its short but sweet

You know that is worst? I GET IT, from a focus group point of view this game is sick, it puts right there on the center of the action on a xcom setting, it uses the brand for easy promotion and in theory open it for new demographics AKA casuals that only play fps and never touched a strategy game, the problem of course is the ol`tale of alienating the existing fan base and overestimating the amount of new people you can get to play your game, ironically if they did a stramlined pure fps campaign it would make a lot more money

and I ain`t even upset about xcom2, Long War broke the xcom franchise by making people realize they will never get a game as good and true to it`s concepts as that mod was

Get the fuck out
Its literally Gears/Specs Ops The Line with better squad commands, its still a generic piece of shit and that E3 shitpiece was nothing but 2K trying to cater to the Biocuck crowd.

You have shit taste, no point in being delusional and keep denying that fact now, come on, just make a post admitting it, you'll feel better, I promise.

matsuba_(idiotlantern)

If they'd announced The Bureau after XCom to indicate it was actually a spin-off things would have gone much better for them. I'll admit to being one of the anons who shat all over it after the original announcement for the genre-shift because I've seen that shit happen before and as a result I didn't actually bother playing it until last year (I wouldn't have bothered even then if some faggot I know didn't push me to give it a shot).

Because of the original negative reaction they made it more tactical (as you'll note in the second video that user linked they were actively trying to respond to early criticism) and that isn't strictly speaking a bad thing but they also turned the aliens into more generic X-Com humanoids rather than weird organic technology and that did hurt it. The other major issue was adding the tactical and resource-management elements in half-way through development left them feeling a little half-baked, it should ideally have played more like Brothers in Arms with RPG elements and less like a tactical bastardised Ass Effect thing.
For example it has this weird halfway house shit where they clearly wanted to emulate cover as it works in the turn-based games but they implement it with damage bonuses. Having your agents shoot directly at the enemy does massively reduced damage (~20% or something like that) but having them attack from the flank etc does ~200% extra damage: it also does a horrible job of explaining this to you this also applies back the way so if your agents get flanked they drop fast. This applies also to you in your attempts to shoot the enemy so if you adopt a traditional shooter 'I'm behind my wall, you're behind yours' style you end up with them feeling horrifically bullet-spongy. Throw in the AI actually reacting when you try to flank them and the first three hours or so being an extended super-easy tutorial that doesn't punish you for not learning this system and most people are going to smash their keep smashing their head against the wall by playing it like a generic third person shooter then complain that it isn't a very good generic third person shooter. This why I say it should have gone more for a BiA-style system. As it stands gameplay-wise it's a few smallish changes away from greatness. Also having your squadmates automatically change to follow mode if you walk to far away was one of the worst design decisions I've experienced: the faggots will decide to randomly abandon cover if you end up too far away even if it's the middle of fucking combat (this 'feature' is also not explained anywhere).

Not even close, just because they're both third person shooters with a semblance of a cover system does not mean they're 'literally' the same game. Hell the Gears of War games and Spec Ops: The Line, while both being pretty fucking terrible, aren't even that close in terms of actual gameplay outside of sharing the same broad sub-genre.
The E3 trailer had interesting ideas in terms of weapons and how the aliens were portrayed as non-humanoid, the gameplay was indeed hewing a bit too close to Bioshock's formula. Sadly they interpreted the (somewhat justifiable) anger at the genre-shift to also be anger at the shift towards non-humanoid aliens and retro-futuristic laser guns and threw the baby out with the bath water. Luckily they kept the 60s setting muh M14 though they added the rather silly idea that The Bureau is a prequel to Enemy Unknown and so claim during the ending that the government somehow successfully covered up towns physically disappearing from the map with their entire fucking populations.

Hey…MJR is cool.

He inflates the prices of games and makes them impossible to get.

My friend

Playing this when i get off work.
Underrated around here (though maybe thats changed) but not the mainstream obviously

I picked that game up for 1 dollar and beat it in 2 hours. Was pretty neat.

I remember robot arena. The game was stupid as hell, but you could do some crazy shit with it.

It's the only "cinematic" "interactive narrative" eque QTE based game that's actually good

If I wanted to watch some shitty CG anime I would do just that.

Except Asura's Wrath kicks the shit out of any actual CG anime

Yeah it's not like the standards are very high to begin with.

Man, I remember the card game, it had some excellent art

BLUE SHELLS ARE BULLSHIT

YOU ARE THE SAME GUY WHO SAYS HE FOUND IT
I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU

See

good artist, appreciative of you two
but
WRONG

bless you

nigga i searched his pages on 6 different sites and double checked

Check the hidden boorus.

It's been a long time, I don't remember the memes. What was wrong with the original prototypes? Watching the video in seems neat enough, I'd play it. The gunplay is a little basic but shooters got pretty stagnant after CoD4 and MW2.

I watched a Let's Play of it a while ago and remember thinking that the game was pretty neat, if basic.

This thing was announced before enemy unknown, so when faggots like spoonyone saw it they actually screamed out "betrayal" in the E3 halls because it wasn't the real xcom.

Fun combat system wasted on the 3-4 enemy types the game has.

I remember watching the trailer, being very excited, then watching some gameplay of the first level and seeing the player become stuck in an unwinnable state due to bad puzzle design.

This game was a massive anomaly to me. I still have a copy of Magi Nation, my big brother got it and we've just sort of had it. I could never figure out what to do in it.

As says they came out before a traditional TBT X-Com was announced and they kept mentioning the Bioshock angle. Too many good series have been ruined by genre-shifting to FPS and getting dumbed down so the reaction was extremely negative. That video you linked it, in fact, from a little bit after the original shitstorm when they actively tried to make the game more tactical. Then they went too far and turned it third person and a bit more generic.

Think of it as three stages:
1. Initial announcement of a vague FPS X-Com thing with heavy implication of it being Bioshock or similar in 2010 . While it has interesting concepts for guns and non-humanoid aliens it gets a large negative backlash.
2. Modification of the original game to be a tactical-FPS with an emphasis on managing things in the base. This is 2011 to appease fans angered by 2010. Also Enemy Unknown is announced (I forget if it was in dev before the original shitstorm but certainly they realised how easily marketed a traditional X-Com TBT game would be as a result of it and decided to push it hard, two birds/one stone and all that). This still has non-humaniod aliens and interesting guns but they're less prevalent as they don't fit so well with FPS gameplay (frankly the reduction in focus on non-humanoids probably would have happened even with the original concept since it's just easier to handle gameplay-wise, people have been making man-shooting games for fucking decades).
3. Full game comes out as a third-person shooter but retains the two-man squad. The base-management shit is somewhat watered down and there are visible instances of cut/rushed content (resources were taken away from it once Enemy Unknown was announced as well). It's mostly fighting humanoid aliens with fairly standard third person weapons. This is the final game (2013). Still worth playing, in my opinion, but not all it could have been. The writing is actually fairly solid, in my opinion, (nothing world-changing but above-average for a third person shooter) and has some ideas they obviously couldn't explore in more depth.

I personally think 2 with more polish would have been the ideal outcome, something like Brothers in Arms with long-term resource management.

They being the trailers, not the actual game itself.

What is a hidden booru, friend?

I noticed some ps3 and 360 kids are already posting here

jesus christ

kinda reminds me of that time when pedobear somehow ended up as one of the mascot for children's winter olympic games

Why the hell would I play a shitty clone of Mario Kart, when I can easily get the real deal, which is a thousand times better?

I was thinking of this as I browsed the posts before yours. Good choice

This can't fucking be real.

I raise.

Reminded me of this old thread.

Anyone else remember this game being on EVERY SINGLE Nintendo 64 Kiosk in EVERY McDonalds play area?

What the hell kind of richfag gated community was this McDonald's in?

Literally every McDonalds play area where I grew up in Southern California and yes, even the ghetto parts

McDonald's PlayPlaces are fucking ghetto as all hell.

While I'll give it credit for the air hockey table, that is still a dismal playplace. The one that I used to go to as a kid had a fuckhuge place to climb around on that wrapped from one side of the kids dining area across the ceiling to the other side. The last time I went there a few years back, it looks about the same as it always did, barring adding edutainment games by the soda machines. Meanwhile, the Burger King a block down from it removed their play equipment entirely; they now have some sort of giant touchpad with a projector that you play "games" with.

Not him, but where I grew up (and still live) all fast food chains have to have indoor play areas. It is just too fucking hot out much of the year, and even with the schools having outdoor jungle gyms and such, there would be days where outdoor recess would get cancelled in the afternoons because the temperature would peak at over 113.

As for the local McDonalds being fuckhuge, that part of town was kind of new at the time, and had a lot of young families and at least two or three schools, to the point whoever owned that particular branch felt it warranted dropping that much money on the play area.

Do they even still make racing games like this? Something that isn't quite a kart racer but with more of a sense of fun than a sim racer. they're my favourite kinds of racing games beside sci-fi racers.

No, because I actually went to Burger King