Huh

So, who here want's to burn through them all to see if there's anything we can fuck around with like that time with the angry dwarves?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/genre/Free to Play/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

huh.

bump for good idea

I'd rather waste 10 hours self-improving than playing an MMO, a dead one at that

It's time for the pinnacle of shitposting.

Wow, there are a fucking LOT of these noname MMOS on steam.

PSO2 exists.

I fucking swear if that 4th image is loss I'll smack you OP

Seeing as how this is an MMO thread, i feel obliged to mention Age of Wushu, with the added trivia that it got pulled from Steam for adding castration.

Nice try satan, but we all know that it was pulling for installing virus on your PC.

Does anyone here play Tera?
What's it like and what are the good/shit classes?

It's a standard mmo but it locks your mouse to make it feel like an action game.

This is gold, I'm not even sure this game is online but a singleplayer game posing as an onlne one.

So do cardboard boxes.

Played it a long time ago… From what I understood, the loot is entirely RNG based in the end game where you have to do the same dungeon a million times over in hopes you're the one player who gets a drop specifically for your class and it has some randomized values, then you have to do dungeons a million times over to get some sort of shards that upgrade your weapons very slightly. The chance of you getting that small part of upgrading your weapon is also entirely based on RNG, so a run may not wield one of these upgrade items. You then do that for the rest of the game.

Gameplay was pretty fun at lower levels, but the game burned me out ultimately. Played as the dual wielding warrior class and did some evasion tanking in dungeons or off-tanked. It was very fun and engaging, but it burns you out from being so active in a grindy game if you play an engaging class like any of the melee classes.

pic related are my characters from when I played over a year ago

That's a shame.

Then I shouldn't get my hopes up for the late game.
I guess I can just enjoy it while it lasts.

I'm thinking about making a lancer. Sounds like a fun class.

Yeah, the lancer is fun if you like shields, charging and poking. Personally I liked more broad swoops so I went for warrior and slayer.

That looks pretty amazing. Let us know if you ever see another person.

Giving Destiny of Ancient Kingdoms a go-
And it's a low quality poorly translated MMORPG with bad graphics settings that I attempted to rectify with the addition of some of the most edgy classres imaginable with the two factions being "normalfags and Magic users despite both having the same flavour or some shit"

I also fucked up character creation, took the name margaret and for some reason my character customization settings didn't stick so I ruined the character name choice, and woppty doo after deleting said character the game doesn't let me remake it because it's name is in the database.

Looks like Low-rent WoW, and that's saying something as WoW is toaster-tier as is.

Now this has potential.

If you want a half-decent F2PMMO, try give LotRO a shot, it's got some absolutely lovely atmosphere and the Shire or Bree Town are, and I hate using this term, comfy as fuck.

It really is a very comfortable game.

That's the trick to make good MMOs, yet no dev notices this.
You need a solid and fun game first, then you mold a MMO around it, not the other way around, which results in shitty WoW clones.

me too but then I remember I don't have the will to do it.
When I pirated gta for the 5 hours I "played" that "game" I brushed my teeth and did house chores during loadscreens, though. Man what a heap of trash that game was.

The combat used to be good and some of the enemies used to be fun. It was a flawed game you could have fun in.
Tera was the first modern mmo to have action based combat but it was only for a few classes and not every attack, and it didn't even matter most of the time because outside BAMs and bosses you were fighting weaklings. Then they killed BAMs and made bosses easier and started introducing new ones that had no new mechanics or gimmicks. All the while making the game's flaws worse, for instance you'll get 40fps-ish on high end hardware and low settings because big portions of the game are made in fucking flash, so that's a mmo that can't even get massive numbers because most people can't play it.

GTA 5 I mean

Playing this now. Despite the low quality of the graphics, things seem to be fairly clean in terms of presentation, and the animations are crisp and smooth. I should note the system seems to gear toward Melee, Ranged or Magic, but there doesn't seem to be that much on offer when it comes to flavour for these.

Okay, so the game puts you through some time travel 10 years in the future stuff where you're killing Gargoyles, then you watch two dudes duke out a beamfight that somehow blasts you into the void, you lose your memories and you wake up in the tutorial zone, get familar with the weapons, assign abilites to your stats, and fuck off the the "halfway" void, and there's stuff such as professions like foraging mining, that sort of thing, and resting bonuses and stuff.

It's alright so far, but there's nothing TOO intriguing.

As for how I can see it, you've got 13 armour slots, two for charms (earrings?) one for head, two for right and left hand equips with whatever combinations are allowed, Torsom belt pants and boots, gloves, ranged socket, and two ring fingers.

You've six attributes, and the rest on that window tells you of your summarized stats as a whole, Vitality (Hp and regen), Energy, (Mana and Regen) Focus (Crits and accuracy) Melle, Ranged and Sorcery.

Then you've got abilites which count towards Melee, ranged or magic, guild abilities, emotes, stuff for pets which I presume you get later, and Mounts, as well as this window also having your talents selected.

There's the Templar Talents, Assassain Talents, Warrior, Ranger, mage and Prophet, though I'm no sure when you get those.

These walls are moving in a lovecraftian flesh hall manner.

Insanely boring. One of the most boring and uninspired pieces of trash I've ever played, honestly. It was also extremely slow because you'd end up spending half your time playing sitting at a campfire to regen health so you're just sitting there staring at the screen doing nothing. Might as well go eat lunch or something because that's about how long it takes.

FYI: the tera update 4 days ago made most of what that user said about endgame gear completely false

he's right, it much much worse now.
Have fun grinding for the massively inflated amount of money required to get an enchant fucker

Dropped.
Fucking Gaben steam gay shill nigger faggot.

There's no reason to play it when PSO2 exists

Amusing little game this, I go from stopping a racemixing cuck to running a raid solo and sleeping in a dungeon bed during a Riot from some "Infernal Empire." also, it's graffitied into the walls in purple and I still don't know what they used to write it.

Killed this fagmo edgemaster male Sombra.

I like that UI, but hate everything else.
How is the combat? Standard wow-clone fare?

So far, it's really, really fast, like you immediately start hacking like a maniac with this stuff on, it's got looot mechanics as far as I can tell that are decent given it's limitations, and we've got your standard MMO archtypes, you know Tank DPS etc, but I'm only starting this so fuck if I know how I should optimize.

Well this was bizzare. Solod a raid with MC hammer as the final boss, even repeats the wuoe and everything.

Good MMOs:

Not Good MMOs:

This is easy.

The aesthetic pleases me. This unironically looks better graphically than most current MMOs. I don't understand why people equate polygon count with quality.

Well got this beast out of this. I'm some Kenshiro looking motherfucker now, so I'm running the dungeon again to see if there's anything else on offer.

Guess Ivan ooze was an Inmate here.

Can you dual wield and dress up and shit?

It's those muddy textures that tick me off.
Maybe with disabled filtering it would look better.

I'm going to give it a try, it's only 160mb anyways.

Yeah, there's DPS for the like of rouges/assains and vanity item slots. Also just got an achievement for killing this guy with his own hammer. Hue.

Only two issues to note is the lack of jumping or freedom of navigation when it comes to pathing, there's no issues WITH movement, but the like of scaling hills does not grace this game.

The creativity is just Oozing from that ominous title.

Well this is fairly disappointing.

The Sheer Low resolution of these pigs almost makes them look like models from Silent Hill's Otherworld.

Nice, Dual wield a go.

Oh wow holy shit you can fall down this hole.

?????/

Okay then, Beetles mean business.

Distilled cancer.

WE

Other Players!
Took forever, but I guess this place actually is populated.

*Unsheathes invisible rake*

You already had a KANG in once of your previous screenshots:

Farming is a management game of water +Plant AIDS management. The animation is also neat.

Also, dialouge with NPCs ias actually fairly neat, you can bullshit people and lie to them, as the goblin quest let you withhold the Necklace from the negro woman captured by goblins to her lazy ass husband- I actually wonder if the quest would have gone differently had I picked that option to see if I could fracture their relationship.

Hm, met the foraging teacher, but I already was smart enough to pick shrooms, weeds, apples and Limes earleir on so I got that sorted out quick.

That pic is pretty good, it makes people unable to tell if it's plebbit or bait and you end up with this unimaginably angering middle ground.

How do I disable fucking texture filtering.
If it has graphics of a PS1 game might as well make it look like one, low res and all.
But holy shit filtering fucks with it.

Free fishing rod. See this guy here? He's actually somehow sleeping in these conditions. Talk about roughing it.

Looks like I found the place to train. Guess not all quests hand out freebies.

fucking mmo autists

Are you referring to Tera? Because it's exactly that - carrot chase simulator.

YOU GET tENSERS fLYING dISK MOUNTS

The animations for these are pretty nice.

Well did you play it user? Looks like a mobile game (actually it a browser flash game).

So this is what I'm looking forward to.

user is right. LotRO is probably the best F2P MMO around.

I played through Tera, beat the dice master boss or w/e he was called once with guildmates, and called it a day for endgame. I had a ton of fun playing warrior tank all along the way, and if I hadn't quit I'd have fun playing PvP.
You can have fun playing games just for the sake of gameplay.

Copper.

tfw no wizardry online

fuck that game was cool

I just like that it doesn't look cluttered like most MMOs. Both in the UI and at the art style.

Wasn't that the permadeath MMO? I missed out on that and I hate myself for it.

forgot my vid

Well finally figured out how to into mining, crystalsomethingsomethin and ingot making, you'll be bound to run out so you have to but his ingredient at the market with the trainers. Currently doing ksinning.

force anisotropic filtering to off on gpu drivers

Fuck me, beetles are beasts.

THE DAD COMMUNITY??

I'm starting to look more and more like a Fist of the North Star Thug.

That first image gets me especially.

Well I just met this guy and he went around killing mobs left and right.

store.steampowered.com/genre/Free to Play/

Are any of these games good or are they all trash?

Alright met this old dude, he tells me the worls is made by elements that came from the void in convienient little spheres, a king got one, dragons were guarding the others, decided to get the spheres for "good" and then his son the prince betrayed him, opened up the void, became super evil and I think he was in the introduction sequence or some shit.

Apparently they let us out of the void to bolsrtr their numbers or some crap.

Time to try the Exiled out now.

From what I've been told this is a MMO where everything is PVP PVE and it's down to Players on how to interact or something.

What I played

Easier said than done.
The more complex a game is, the bigger and more frequent the packets need to be sent out to everyone, and the more complex the prediction system needs to be, and thus the less people you can have together without massive lag.
Big fights in EVE can to something like 3fps or so.
That's the real reason all MMOs are the same shit.

Huh, Early access indeed, it's pretty slow on my end and it uses the same stock attack icons as Tale of maj'eyal.

eve isn't a solid singleplayer game, or even a solid multiplayer one though.
It cashes in on the autism it brings and nurtures.

My point was that if a simple game lags so much, then surely it's hopeless for a more complex game.

Even though I played it this morning, I did not notice the effects placed on the sprites to make them look less shit, because the PC creation menu makes the heads look disemboided, but I presume the practical graphics effects fixes these discrepancies ingame. Despite being a sprite game, though, character customization is limited, but the game does show promise.

Yeah, this - this is alright.

If you want something that is easy to get into, look into Sherwood online. The gameplay is retarded simple, but there's open pvp based on color, and you can instantly change your color. It could be the perfect race riot simulator.

Oh fuck me, used to play that on school computers back in the day. They still got the dancing skeletons right? Ain't sherwood without dancing dual wielding skeletons and the limiteless spiders in those infinite dungeons.

How about some non RPG MMOs

What the hell are those images? The artstyle is fucking awful.

Another fucking cartoony fps with no twitter drama?

THE M STANDS FOR MURDER

0/10 NOT ENOUGH POLYGONS
Or was it the other way around?
Good times.

I don't remember that shit. I do remember when fucking around in FOTM f2p games was a regular Holla Forums pastime. When did that stop?

Someone said it whilst we were naked angry dwarves chasing that waifubait around.

I'm currently downloading lotro. Do we have an infinity plan for it yet?

Maybe you can rope in some of the players, see if you can get a fellowship going or something.

I took control of the old pre-exodus Holla Forums kinship on Brandywine a couple years ago after everyone left, has a house and can have up to 1,500 members due to its lifespan rank of 10.

Everyone will be Gaius and Aulus

Is Elder Scrolls Online worth playing these days?

What ever happened to project gorgon?

The fact Puzzle Pirates gameplay is entirely puzzles/card games is neat. As there is practically no advantage to having played for a long time (iirc the weapons didn't really give you an advantage in brawling/swordfighting but just changed your attack patterns). However it also requires you really like puzzle games or it gets old fast.

Nothing, and that was the issue. At least the cow orgies were fun.

THE GRAND DAD COMMUNITY?!
EBIN FLEENSTONES MATE

Atlas Reactor? It plays kind of like a moba-ey Frozen Synapse. If you don't know what that is, it's like a turn based strategy game, but both teams take their turns simultaneously, so you have to predict what the enemy is going to do and counter it in the same turn.
It's actually kind of fun, but like I said, half the characters are obnoxious and the music is shit. I don't know how to classify it but it's this shitty electronic that you hear in most youtuber intros.

still alive, still updating.
the problem it updates at a snail's pace because the devs are a small team

RPGMO seems like a kinda ok OSRS clone. I don't like that it's tile based, but it has pretty much everything you could want from it otherwise. It's also being updated pretty regularly from what I've seen, and they do a lot of "bonus XP" type events a lot. Hope it does well, but it seems pretty small right now

What a shame, it was fun playing with you fags. Maybe in another year Holla Forums will get together and dick around on PG again.

1500? I think we'd be blessed if we could round up 5 players. That said, I might just roll up a new character on Brandywine when I have some time to burn.

That reminds me of that oldass MMO Well of Souls

Paladins isn't bad once you really get into the card system and figuring out how to cheese the hardest with a friend

Anyhow, Fantasy Tales is alright from what I'e played so far, loot from scattered items across the maps, decent enough music, but it lacks enough of a playerbase to get the MMO feel going due to lack of reason to talk to other players, I should also note, that beyond the wiki it sometimes trys to link you too, it isn't all self-explanatory about the classes, and there's this reset issue where sometimes you'll be heading to another part of the map but end up teled next to the mobs, who are aggressive as fuck, by the way. Luckily I chose a rogue and put the points into stealth to avoid them.

Anyhow, i'm trying out Heroes of Dire now.

We need an MMO where you can call other anons daddy and be spanked if you misbehave

Shit, the fucking music for this screen is -Really- Good. Though on actually playing the game I've noticed it may very well be Intermidiate music, or the Two steps from hell composers, who shit this stuff out as stock music, I had a massive collection of it at one point, so I'm fairly sure this is the same stuff.

Also second pic-
The fiends! Fucking how.
Anyhow, despite this looking promising- it's not my cup of tea, so I'll move on.

Well, guess I'm not playing Karos returns then. Actually wait, these people also run Black Desert Online, so I'm probably not missing anything.

Well, time to give Knight Online a go- make sure to check the Options before playing, It might start you on a lower resolution than you actually have.

Seems the Update servers are hosted by OLM,LLC and if you're not connected during the login phase, the program autoquits. Peerblock is both a blessing and a curse. The actual game seems to be run on an Amazon server, which are notoriously cheap, because they offer that server space deal thing.

Also, the Halloween event is going on, so that will be something to look forward to. The first part of this is called AUTO UPGRADE and I noticed that whilst the Graphics options are coherent, they seem to be machine translated, or poorly done, so the game will be interesting to look at.

Well, introduction has an original score, and it sounds like something out of a RPG, and it's pretty nice as a guitar song.

I'll pick !notHHorde because Asian MMO's tend to have this theme of the Red faction being hilariously evil, if going by Shaiya from Aeria games serves my memory correct.

Annnnd it autoclosed again. Man, this client really fucking chastises you for failure to connect.

I think we may be in a comissioned but cancelled but re-branded game from Games Workshop made by azns

I have so many questions-
Why are the Orcs just literally re skinned humans, what is with these names, why is the last race in All caps, and why HAVE I CRASHED AGAIN

They should fix their fucking servers and fix the lag before shilling a game that gets crippled by that shit.

fug, misposted.

Also, is this what boys who don't have dads grow up to make? Absolutely disgusting.

Also, it gives you this warning when you get to faction select, even though I've only just started this game.

And holy fuck, Disconnected again, and I already know it isn't my Peerblock, this game has THAT QUICK a fucking timeout.

Well time to goo back in and see the Wrinkle Tuarek- and yes, I just noticed that the fucking gender is limited to the races options- what in the fuck.

And time to see the Wrinkle Tuare- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
OH GOD
IT'S WORSE THAN I THOUGHT
I-

I DON'T EVEN THINK HIS EYES ARE MODELLED. WE'RE LITERALLY JUST SEEING THE AFRO THROUGH HIS CLIPPED HEAD.

Well that's a plus But is it any good? Time to see what else is on offer.
Pury Tuarek is female, and does wizard or priest, and it seems that they're virtually unappealing, in say contrast to the sexual dimorphism in Shaiya. and they're actually the only women on offer here.

As for the KURIAN. Well, It's a KURIAN and apparently, that's all it needs to be by virtue alone.

So I went with the horror that should not be, and as it turns out, it's faces are completely different than what you'd think they'd be with THAT as the default face. That said, I got disconnected again as I was doing this, so this game really hates the idle it seems.

Well then.

????

Well, so far the steering controls on WASD are so abyssmal it makes mouse clicking the better option, and I still have no idea who the fuck to talk to.

Got back into the game a month or two ago, brought some friends and made a kinship. All we do is explore, craft, and dick around, and play music for people in Bree. So much god damn fun and so damned comfy.

Okay, found the first grinding quest. Also, the camera and character steering is so bad, and I found abilities not already hotkeyed to my bar, holy fuck.

what.

What the hell.

WHAT

????

The gift that keeps on Giving! Pure magic!

I think I played Knight Online like 14+ years ago. Was terribly generic even in its release era. I only remember fighting Lycus wolves and the red health bar would instantly lose a chunk each hit, to me and the wolf.

Man, so it IS an old game, for a minute there I wondered why this was even on steam, but here you go.

Also, killed worms and filled in a million quests from this that gave me basic fucking game functions as rewards.

nigga- No, you know what? clearly the real name could not be translated, so they went with this. Bet it's a Carbuncle or some shit.

Well, I'm done with that shit.

if you think that's bad try metin2

Trying out Life Forge ORPG now.