Starjew Valley

Game just came out on Switch last week, I've been watching Vinny stream it. Is it worth buying or should I just pirate it? I heard it forces you to hook up with one of the waifus which was probably my least favorite aspect of the Harvest Moon games. Pic unrelated.

FLEENSTONES XDDDDDDDDD

LE FUNNY MIMI XDDDDDDDD
GRAN DAED?!?!?

All the memes I could spout 'ironically' aside, you should fucking kill yourself for watching anything relating to Vinesauce.

seconding this

Just play the Rune Factory games instead. My personal favorite is Rune Factory Frontier, but most people seem to like 4 the most. Any of them are better than Stardew Valley however.

Stardew Valley is worth buying.
It also doesn't force you to hook up with anyone iirc.

It's pretty comfy, addicting though. Never got into it on PC, but Switch+bed, can't stop.

i thought this was siivagunner?

It doesn't really matter when both are equally as cancerous.

They seem like OK games, however I hear the game loves to fuck you over with RNG. Shit like an improbably high amount of hurricanes ruining your crops and the girls never wanting to be more than friends. Probably still better than spending my money, at least.

It's fun but it's only good for one complete playthrough, consider yourself warned.

I played twice. Most games like this feel very different on the first playthrough than the subsequent ones.

I don't know why you wouldn't wait on the PC port, this game works very well with mouse use. Plus there's going to be a network play patch sometime this year.

Plus it has an excellent Linux port. A Mono game that doesn't run like shit, for once.

It's possible for that stuff to happen, but not all that likely from my experience. The runeys in Frontier can fuck you over like that, but there are ways glitch the game so that they're of no effect.

i like vinny joel and rev

It's pozzed as fuck. Pirate only. Unless you support tumblr tier progressivism. But then what are you doing on h8chan?

Vinny is a fucking idiot who thinks duck noises are jokes and can't stop himself from sperging about basic bitch shit like star wars and the beetles, but both joel and rev actually do unique things and know how to be entertaining without being obnoxious.

It's a worthless game. Just play Rune Factory.

Rune Factory, Starjew Valley is just an inferior copy

Also all love interests just suck, they lack personality
And they cuck you within your first days in-game with the flower dance, how did they think it was a good idea to put that event on the first year?

Hijacking the thread to ask this:
What's the best Harvest Moon game to play if I only play one? I was thinking of just going with Friends of Mineral Town.

I'm not saying I want to get fingerprints all over my beautiful screen, but this is a huge no-brainer.

Do you really think you're making a difference? Everyone here is jaded enough to not give a shit when you yell at them for doing something. All you're doing is shitting up the board even more.

Pirate it first. The game has absolutely horrendous pixel art mixed in with actually fairly nice shit; some pixels are really large while others are small, and it rotates simple sprites instead of making new ones for certain objects when they tilt or whatever. However, the visuals are very bright and the sprites that ARE good get the job done fairly well. The gameplay itself is FINE, but as another user said you'd probably do better with Rune Factory. I'd highly recommend Rune Factory 4 if you have a 3ds; hacked or not.

Isn't that a moving cutscene at the beginning of the game?

Pirate it.
Chucklefish doesn't deserve your money, even if they're just the publisher.

Yes, but look at those fucking computer monitors and mice. They could've made them normal sized but for some reason the spriter made them xboxhueg. In game on various menus there are a ton of inconsistencies with pixel size and it just looks lazy as hell, not to mention the player character sprites need a lot of work because they're mediocre as fuck and the accessories are barely noticeable with the ridiculously small amount of pixels they use for them.

It's lazy as hell and while it's not absolutely terrible looking, I find it incredibly grating to look at because of the half-amateur, half-competent spriting. A lot of things could use more animations as well; trees and flowers swaying in the breeze to make them less dead looking, and just a complete removal of any "mixels" would be good too. I'm just a /vr/fag and I adore the look sprites give, so I find it really grating to look at lazily done sprite art things and indie games that try to look "retro" but just use it as an art style because it's what's being done rather than just at least using it more correctly. I mean, I can get past it; I thought it was fine in Terraria, but the spriting in that game looked fairly decent and wasn't off model at all; hell the Sega Saturn had rotating sprite capabilities, and honestly it can be kind of fucking retarded to get too anal over what's "retro" and whatnot since sprites are just an art style.

But fuck; something about the visuals in Stardew is grating. It's like they just opened up some editor and made a bunch of sprites and then threw them into the engine as the graphics without having a sense of scale at all, otherwise everything looks relatively fine aside from a handful of examples. I think Shovel Knight and Cave Story are good examples of spriting done really damn well and adhering to an art style and having a sense of scale to everything else.

This isn't a bad point, actually. Chucklefuck are a bunch of pieces of shit and I only managed to scrape up Stardew from a bundle I got at some point last year or so.

sage because I already bumped last post

Fuck you niggers, Grand Dad is amazing.

sage for off topic.

If you're undecisive just pirate it and buy it later if you want.

3rded

Obviously we are and you obviously give a shit because you're responding. You can eat shit, fucking redditor.

Holla Forums is triggered by streamers and let's players because they actually play games and appear to enjoy them.

I heard that you can get rich real quick, making the game pretty easy. Or have they already fixed that?

you forgot to sage

Meh, just pirate it. The game is honestly mediocre; horrendous artstyle, extremely basic gameplay, lack of shit to do, and extremely unbalanced. Even modded the game is still very meh, the game is pretty much an extremely repetitive grindfest. And the waifus are bad, extremely bad. The game had some promise but the dev simply took the mechanics that make other games, like Rune Factory, great and just pasted them into their game with none of the things that made people like em in the first place. Money-making is entirely tied to fishing and farming the same 3-4 crops over and over and over and over again. The relationships are cringe-filled cliches and marriage serves no purpose outside of being able to watch a kid do nothing but walk around the farm. Ranching serves literally no purpose outside of completing "bundles", and mining is simply a chore that you get sick of. Not to mention you're able to bypass it completely anyway. Plus the stamina bar tends to become irrelevant early on in the game as well. If you're just looking for a way to scratch an HM fix I'd honestly suggest that you just go play those games instead

Pirate it and try it out yourself user, the game doesn't hold your hand but once you get used to it the game is one of the most comfiest fucking experiences you will ever have, I swear. The game progresses nicely, there a fair amount of things you can do and unlock, and you can mod it to your liking. When it come out Holla Forums liked the game alot but still always compared it to ungodly weebshit like rune factory. Don't the RF shitters make you skip out on a perfectly fine game.
I honestly tried to play RF4 but the horrendously long introduction and crappy unskippable anime cutscenes eveytime you meet a person made me instantly uninstall the game.

those are super short, like there's plenty to complain about, but they're literally 5-14 seconds long, it's the first time you meet them and only with the bachelors/ettes.
Like complain about the fucking horrible RNG on getting some events to trigger, that's a huge downside to the game.

But in all honesty the game suffers from a lack of shit to do, and you'll fall into a rut extremely quickly, which is one thing Rune Factory does way better is it helps you break up the routine of "water crops, harvest animals, use makers, go talk to everyone, go to bed". Stardew valley attempts this with the dungeon, but it's incredibly monotonous.

Stardew is a 6/10 game, the art is mediocre, and gameplay too quickly devolves into a rut even compared to other farming games. Try Story of seasons if you want more pure farming but be aware that it falls into a rut pretty quickly, or Rune Factory 3/4 (you can skip 1/2 they're both pretty bad)

The only thing that kept me playing Stardew Valley for terrible long was to see what would happen in the next seasons. Once I'd done a whole year I couldn't get myself to play anymore.

Atleast it's videogames and not Holla Forums and Holla Forums sperging at each other again

]AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This. Though Joel has his retard moments as well. I'm sick of the "wacky voice-acting" meme. I can only tolerate it from them because I've seen it done worse by worse people.

Stardew Valley itself is a repetitive and rather unfulfilling farming game with bad combat, mediocre characters, and weak farming mechanics. Still, it can be an effective time-waster, so it could be worth a pirate if you somehow can't play any other farming game like me.

Yes, user, this is exactly right. It's upsetting to watch people eat garbage and talk about how much they love it, deaf to all attempts to show them the error of their ways. also they're unfunny wannabe e-celebs

>Being this desperate for a (((you)))
Ironically being a faggot still makes you a faggot.

God damn I am so sick and tired of this shit. Most corporations are completely fucking benign. I've worked for Chevron for years and the worst that's happened to me is management level cocking up of the schedule. Corporate goes way, way out of their way to secure their stores, up to and including hiring security, having multiple policies to protect people who get injured and prevent injuries, etc.
And before that, I worked for Xerox in a call center. If I got an asshole who continually insulted me, my manager would end the call for me and call the jackass back themselves.
And before that, Kroger, where I got kicked from my job because a fucking union dues check was lost in the mail. They even paid me under the table double time to do three days worth of work before Thanksgiving and gave me a free fucking turkey.

To be fair, supermarket-chains are a special case. They generally sell lower quality food pumped with medications compared to small regional stores which usually get their wares from regional trustworthy farmers might not apply to USA and other third world countries, if you work there you can expect shit payment in return for getting your back/spine fucked permanently for carrying heavy stuff and the foreworkers are sadistic assholes supermarket foremen are subhumans in 80% of all cases

vinny is and will always be a pretentious double nigger

user why did you think that was necessary?

Eh I like Vinny his streams are pretty comfy on the side while playing something else like Factorio and it's cool that he actually speaks to the chat most of the time.

We get it, we know you're a jew and support jewish practices in your games, no need to be so blunt about it.

That's from a different streamer, you idiot.

Make arguments please. I personally dislike how they (vinny and joel) handle some games, but I see how someone could find enjoyment in watching their streams and on a scale of cancer they are way above something like gurl streamers and DSP. Offer better alternatives.

Did shitting up a thread ever change someones personal preference in streamers/games/anime/politics/posting behavior?
Also, you need to respond at least once to notify someone that he is acting retarded.

What are you even talking about? With the traffic he gets, it's fucking impossible to communicate anything sensible, the closest I've seen in communication is when he is doing retarded shit and people that actually do read the chat spam him messages in discord and steam.