Counter-Strike: Source had pretty good AI

You know for all the jerking off of F.E.A.R and other games with good AI I never see anyone bring up Counter-Strike: Source for it's AI. Which I find pretty odd because while it's not perfect(Is any AI?) it's pretty good.
I'm not that great at Counter-Strike of any version but I still play CS:S because the bots are at least entertaining enough for when I'm traveling with my craptop. When people talk about good AI in games I think CS:S is severely underrated.

CS:S is good and fun.
CS:GO is shit and
SKINS SKINS SKINS SKINS SKINS AND CRATES AND CRATES AND CRATES REACTIONS TWITCH STREAMERS LIVE KNIFE UNBOXING ZOMFG

And all the weapons they added minus the firebomb/molotov is fucking stupid and only fucks the game balance.

How exactly can you fuck the balance of a game any further when it features a one-shot-kill pixel-perfect accuracy hitscan rifle?

Source was the best CS

By releasing a revolver so OP that it dominated the first round until it got nerfed beyond usefulness.

I prefer everything about Source, gun handling, the visuals and the light-heartedness that's lacking in CS:GO's desaturated colors and plastic looking gun models. CS:S looks, feels and plays like a game meant to have a good time in. CS:GO looks like a modern era try-hard multiplayer shooter(surprise surprise, it is)

the best part of CS is playing anything but the stock game. stock cs is shit which is why csgo is awful.

the speed in css is what makes it better than all other versions

CS:GO has the same custom server browser as all Sauce games do with tons of custom maps and shit the fuck are you talking about?

nobody fucking plays them and nobody ported them for csgo, take your server browser and shove it up your ass pubshitter

Nobody plays them for the same reason people stopped playing custom TF2 maps, because the main menu obscures the server browser so many people don't even know it exists to railroad you to just playing standard game modes and/or Dust 2 all fucking day because e-sports and fuck whoever made these decisions

yep, same reason why l4d might as well not have ever had a server browser, shit doesn't matter if you make matchmaking the advertised way to play

Shame that the only reliable way to get games in L4D/2 any more is through the server browser And shame that those servers are all degenerate furry/pony servers with stupid mods that turn the game into a clusterfuck

main reason why online gaming is cancer/why i quit pc gaming tbh

For some reason it seems to only have infected Source games. I think it's because all the memes about Gaben and Mustards draws in the autism. I've been playing Depth recently and so far I've just had fun and haven't encountered any autistic behavior.
tfw will never get to play pre-2011 TF2 every again

only valve source games but I'll be honest the only other way to play pc games online is to arrange matches because everything but those source games is fucking dead.

csgo's entire existence is taking all the fun out of cs that was added in go, do people even fucking surf? valve's arm's race is the shittiest implementation of gungame, I want every knife kill to be followed with a soundclip of "suck it bitch" and every 6 kills to trigger a speed boost and hp boost on the player with mario music playing, but hey since valve decided it's best to suck the fun out of the game, gungame turbo doesn't exist on csgo despite it being some of the funnest shit around. oh your map uses dev textures but it would look retarded with art fitting textures because of the floating platforms and ridiculous geometry?

CSGO just sucks because the core gameplay in CS got boring in 2001 and valve can't accept it and pays millions of dollars to force it into esports relevance

Depends on why you were playing. CS1 was is still better at competitive stuff, but Source was best at all the other stuff especially with modded servers. Damn that brings me back so many goo memories.

We're in dark times user, dark times.

unrestricted css competitive is superior to 1.6, random spread cones be damned, everything else made it better. zblock is for fagets

CS:GO has surf servers but like most Source games these days it's rife with 12 year-olds and autism

I wanna go back. I miss the arena server I used to frequent where everyone just shot the shit and played the game. I went back to the server a year ago to see what it's like now and it's just dead silence and people playing the game way too seriously. Uninstalled the game and never looked back.

You're doing it wrong and its all your fault.

Every fucking time

kids these days dont even rage any more, they just pee pee poo poo themselves

You know, I like to think I don't believe the meme of "Holla Forums always thinks the previous game is good after the new one comes out" meme, but it certainly seems to apply here since I see a bunch of you fucking nigger faggots calling CS:S good when it was the worst one by lightyears. That game was simply broken in every single way that mattered.

broken in the best ways

No fuck you, you faggots complain that CS:GO comp servers have too low a tickrate for your pro skills but then you turn around and say CS:S is good? Hueg hitboxes, T and CT model sizes varied so radically that CTs couldn't hide behind the same props that T could, worst netcode seen in a Valve game ever, retarded dynamic economy system because some dickhead at Valve was bored one day, Halo levels of bullet spread, et ceteræ. This game was so bad that the competitive scene didn't even bother migrating from 1.6. CS:S was made to show off the Source engine graphix, Valve put zero effort into it and that is just the truth.

Was this a zombie mode where you had to bunker down? It was fun, too bad those maps died fast for some reason.

yes, zm_lila_panic

It is pretty good. I would load up inferno, and make it 1v5 pistols only, and sneak around the city with a silenced USP taking out the bots while they scrambled around.

And that's why it was special

I wish that was the case.
You're right, but what server admins did to overcome those issues made the game more enjoyable. CS:GO lacks Valve's care outside of sources of money and the ability for server admins to heavily mod their servers..

SERVER ADMINS CANNOT FIX BROKEN NETCODE AND BROKEN GAME IN GENERAL

Where's the bomb?

Suck me off.

He's right, you know?

Fuck off faggots, it's a direct downgrade to 1.6 in every way except graphics. There's a reason pros only play 1.6 and CS:S, CS:S is casual as fuck and only fun with mods like jailbreak or zombie survival.

Read the thread nigger.

I did, you're still wrong.

Clearly you fucking didn't:

Really grabbing for anything you can OP.

1.5 is better if you're going to be a goldsrc faggot, css is an actual fun game. no counter-strike is good you shit eating first person smoothbrainer

k

The best part about L4D2 is using the server browser to join official servers. It'll let you right into friends-only/private games. I love jumping in, killing everything, and getting kicked from the server for "hacking".

Negative

Where's the bomb?

Stock CS is good if it's 5v5. If it's over that player count, it's shit because your strategies are severely limited as the maps are designed for a small player count.

CSGO has the correct setting for comp, casual is crap.

Where's the bomb?

Go! Go! Go!

That shit gets old faster than PUBG.

If you ask me, the perfect CS would be a mixture of 1.6's gunplay, Source's movement, and GO's grenade physics and map design.

Have you not played the game since 2014? The weapon balance is a lot better than it used to be

The revamped grenade mechanics allow for much more tactical plays in pugs, and the maps are much better balanced. Everything else is worse, though.
There hasn't been a 1.6 tournament since 2013.

Do these look fucking de-saturated to you? Valve has been slowly converting csgo to a cartoon-y artstyle for the past year or so now.

Sage for double post and the fact that I'm defending this fucking game way too much.

the colors are still pretty muted. original source engine games are vivid but realistic looking, dod and css pre-orange box looked great. the ground textures are very bland looking, as are a lot of the wall textures. the game is a mess visually, simultaneously looking dated and less appealing than its 13 year old prequel.

Get your eyes checked user, even if modern games can't fucking show reflections they look much better than polygon trapezoid-land of the past.

Most weapons are viable now, in contrast with the classic deagle+main rifle+awp being the only weapons viable.

It only got old because they never bothered fixing day one balance problems. If they hadn't fucking abandoned the game in 2013 for whatever reason the game would be fine and more importantly, still alive.

It's better but all the weapons still feel like shit to use compared to earlier Counter-Strike games. And the bullet spread is fucking awful. Can't believe the game is as big of an esports title as it is.

ftfy

Yea, that's why I said I preferred 1.6 gunplay.

I miss playing css.
I like this image though.

Nigger, try playing the game before saying shit like that.

Csgo's lighting is so flat compared to css lighting. Also learn when to use jpg.

counter-shit is shit in all its iterations.

pic related, it's me pimp-smacking op's whoremother 9 months before his birth when she asked how we should name our little whorechild

Are you retarded, son?

Why does CSGO even need to exist if it uses the same engine as CSS?