Why is this considered the pinnacle of stealth...

Why is this considered the pinnacle of stealth? I've been playing it for a while (currently in the haunted cathedral) and only in two missions I felt I was doing stealthy things. It's first person tomb raider wtf, I'm sick of exploring stuff. Have I been meme'd?

66% of your experience so far has been straightforward stealth, perhaps try continuing on to figure out how much of the game is stealth

Thief bores me these days

MUH SOUND DESIGN

You're thinking of Thief 2. The first one isn't an all-out stealth game.

this

Should I go straight to T2 then? I can't say I'm enjoying the first one so far

Desperados is the best stealth game ever.

Yes and avoid thief 3 and four

Thieves in fantasy settings are not just niggers getting away with your bike. Are you too retarded to realize that Garrett's smugness is not just quips from some capeshit movie? He is a chaotic good antihero who tries to defy destiny.

No, you should find another hobby or genre more in line with your attention deficit.

Have you took your ritalin little boy?

Thief 1 is kinda a mixed bag. It's way more memorable though. It seems everyone goes through the same phase. They hate T1 at first, think 2 is the better game, decide to replay it after they got gud and end up like T1 better. It just has way more character.

I replayed both recently and still prefer T2. T1 is more memorable because the story arcs are more distinct and the bad levels are pretty memorable. T2's story arcs are more subtle, for better or for worse, and it only had one really bad mission. The controls in T2 are also better, and mantling is more reliable but still not reliable enough.

Best stealth games

casing the joint?

This world deserves holocaust

That one is short enough to not be too bad. I was thinking of Kidnap.

because it was arguably the first big stealth game on PC way back when. it's aged like milk, even with all the modern patches.
you better believe it

Thats because stealth games take effort. Walking simulators don't.

Yeah re-introducing the lost city was a mistake.

Yet nothing still comes close lol

The first Splinter Cell is better than Chaos Theory.

It's more the notes in the mission imply when Cavador passes through all the checkpoints he'll go to his quarters, when he really just loops. First time players trying to go the safe route will follow him around for an opportunity because the rear guy has a helmet, but there is no opportunity. You need a gas item to take out the rear guy without killing him, which are never needed before this mission.
On a second playthrough, though, once you know you'll just waste time waiting for him to pass through all the points, it's pretty quick.

Are you going to spam this in every stealth thread hoping someone will believe you?

Yeah I always thought that was dumb because if you used up your gas arrows (which are rare) you're fucked. I think there was a way to manufacture them on that level although I don't know 100%.

the only playable Thief game is Deadly Shadows as it was the only one in the series that allowed for the infinetly superior third person perspective

What the fuck are you talking about?

Everyone knows already.

CT fanboys are a loud minority. A good clue to know if someone is an underate retard is if they claim CT is the best.
Either you've never played Splinter Cell or CT was your first.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Everyone knows this already.

CT fanboys are a loud minority. A good clue to know if someone is an underage retard is if they claim CT is the best.
Either you've never played Splinter Cell or CT was babby's first one.

What picky bullshit do you qualify as stealth? If you've gotten to the cathedral, you've
That's a lot of sneaking around. Not sure how any of that isn't stealth.

If you're sneaking, you're playing Thief wrong.

Bonehoard doesn't really have any sneaking. The Haunted Cathedral on the other hand does.

I've written guides for stealth games and become the first to cover them in challenge run style numerous times and I can safely say Thief Gold isn't really the pinnacle of stealth.
Thief 2 is a better candidate, but in all honesty they both focus on ambience more than mechanics; try out Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and Dark Mod if you're more interested in the raw mechanics of stealth with a light index.

1 out of 3 user, thanks for trying.

Maybe if you like a game that expects you to knock out and kill everyone, sure.

Looks like someone never learned to listen for guards locations (or never got a decent audio setup)

Or you don't know how bad guard hitboxes are in SC 1, or you've never noticed just how bad the shadows and your light index are connected.

Thus far Thief is the only stealth game I've ever played where you can pickpocket a key, use it to re-lock the door behind you and drop it near the AI once you're done with it.
Video incredibly related.

enjoy your delusion, faceberger

Splinter Cell doesn't have proper 3D audio and Stealth Bastard is a 2D game

Listen, you probably underage burger (Common Core victim that can't spell), it's only superior if you don't care about the realism of simulation. Do you also have in real life an external camera hovering above you that gives you visual information that you couldn't obtain without it? Peeking at corners in 3PP is simply cheating.

Thief 2 is the pinnacle of stealth. They removed the zombies and other dumb shit.

They put robots in (cyborgs, actually) instead.

I played the original SC and still prefer Chaos Theory. What do you prefer about the original?

This is either really good bait or you're retarded. Either way you should feel ashamed tbh.

They didn't remove anything. The game was just structured more around thievery than grave/ruin robbing.

Good list, shame that MGSV get's really repetitive really fast and shame that HITMAN has shitty performance and always online DRM, Chaos Theory is amazing though.

Stop it with this shitty meme, the first Splinter Cell aged horribly and is just a worse version of Chaos Theory.

You think no ones gunna notice the lone retard in every thread saying 1 is the best game with no context why.

I played Splinter Cell 1-2 before I played Thief. I played the DS version of chaos theory but that doesn't really count. Then I played Thief. Then I attempted to play Chaos Theory on the xbox but by then I was spoiled by how good Thief was I couldn't make it past the Korean level. The only level in Chaos Theory that comes close to Thief out of all 3 games is the bank and even then it's tiny in comparison and limited by how clunky and slow Chaos Theory is. The music in Chaos Theory is god-tier though, shame it almost never plays.

Oh it was bait all along.

gettin a proper workout moving those goalposts, fam?

off-topic for replying to nigger IQ faggots

What's this add filter thing do?

Honestly the maps are flat out castrated in size and the sound system is flat out worse.

I missed the retard shilling Thief 3. This is one of those moments where everything just clicks. All this time I spent debating with these idiots I never noticed they always opt for a game that's either third person, 2d or fucking dishonored. I use to focus on the gameplay or objective things like you do. Sound design, level design, speed. Things like how in Thief you can fly through the level if you're good due to how the floor sound works, but in splinter cell or styx you're forced to crawl through it.

It just clicked though. The shills on this board never gets to that point. They NEED third person perspective because they can't deduce where guards are. They NEED to take it slow because they can't catch themselves when they're about to get caught, and their games are so shallowly designed that if you could take it at your own pace it'd be a walking simulator. They NEED a string of set piece "puzzles" where it's just a large room and the goal is to figure out how to sneak past the guard, rather than gigantic maze-like levels, because they NEED to have all the variables given to them. They either never played or barely crawled through parts of Thief 1 or 2 and gave up from getting caught so much and are frustrated at how fucking bad they are.

They will take a shitty botched neutered version of a game, aka Thief fucking 3, over a well-designed one, because the well designed one is too hard. Not only is this the literal definition of being casual but it is also why casual are such cancer to the industry.