Dungeons 3

Releases today. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

gog.com/game/dungeons_3
thepiratebay.org/torrent/18732722/Dungeons_3_(v1.2_build88_acbb3b5)_(GOG)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

op is a shill
where's the link?
maybe op is a massive faggot?
or is op a nigger or shitskin?

I only played the first Dungeons and it sucked tons of cock. It's insulting that people claimed it was like Dungeon Keeper. With that said, I can't speak about the third game. Nor will I ever buy it.

link to what?

Maybe a better game? Pretty vague, could be anything.

Dungeons 2 was a vast improvement over the first one.

Our daddy told us not be ashamed of our links, especially since they are such a big size n'all.

cuckutism

Wonder if I can get the pirated version to run lan games.

I enjoyed Dungeons 2. Once I have enough money, I'll consider buying it.

there will be a GOG version

gog.com/game/dungeons_3

1 hour

is the third one also a shitty amusement park game where you need to "scare" adventurers before killing them? I despise that shit, utterly sucked all fun out of the game.

Its not even out yet you retard.

I think so. Looks more like a DLC than a new game.

What about war for the overworld? Might pirate this though

Why is it so fucking hard to make a proper sequel to Dungeon Keeper? Can't all these hipster faggots just copy the game and replace the art assets?

If I remember right, that game had less unit options than dungeons

Yeah but pretty sure it was more like dungeon keeper than Dungeons.

I enjoyed the parts of Dungeons 2 that felt like Warcraft 3 more than the dungeon parts. Probably the best Dungeon Keeper clone even though it's the least Dungeon Keeper like.

War For The Overworld tried but failed. I have yet to play a Dungeon Keeper clone that is good as the originals.

i hope 3 has even more reddit memes

wtf

Of course it failed. The dumb fucker "balanced" the game for multiplayer.

I watched dungeons 3 gameplay videos and it looks like they copied warcraft 3 in style completely.
Also no sandbox or anything like that, it doesn't look that good.

What effect does the balancing have on SP?

everything has to be "balanced" these days, especially in multiplayer tacked onto primarily single player experiences

Any1 played this yet?

WHAT DOES THIS RELEASE EVEN CHANGE FROM DUNGEONS 2

is there any waifus in this game to prove to me it's not an sjw filled shitfest?

thepiratebay.org/torrent/18732722/Dungeons_3_(v1.2_build88_acbb3b5)_(GOG)

In OP's third pic it looks like a handful of Vivian Jameses are getting ryona'd, so maybe that's your cup of tea.

That art style is way too busy for this sort of game. Does it at least simplify as you zoom out?

I didn't know they made a second, let alone were making a third.

I'm playing the coop with my bf, its okay and I don't think any of these other dungeon keeper clones have coop as a first class mechanic which is cool, but it feels somehow like a console game, the UI and gameplay is just jarring with kbm with lots of hotkeys missing and weird controls that really do feel like they were designed for a controller, like having the build menu collapsing into the side of the screen as if you're meant to hold a button to open it which switches the control scheme into a menu context. I don't think the game is even on consoles so I'm really not sure what they were thinking. The gameplay mechanics are all very shallow and it feels like they didn't put enough effort into the overworld part of the game so half of the gameplay just feels like a proof of concept. The style is shit, very ironic and campish. Nothing has any personality because you can't get through the heavy layer of xD that's laid on so thick I can't even think of a metaphor for it.
I could forgive most of the problems if they got the style right, "you know what would be more unique than actually being evil? If you were ~ironically~ evil but nobody took anything seriously and nothing really meant anything" just isn't fun to play.

We're only like three missions in so far so it's a bit early to make decisive conclusions on the gameplay, but right now it feels shallow and unimaginative, I can however make decisive conclusions about the way the game presents its world, and its way too ironic for my tastes, it feels like Magicka, but missing all the charm since none of the characters are remotely likable.

I remember my main problem with Dungeons 2 was low amount of buildings. Much lower than in dungeon keeper 2.

I fucking agree. The controls are cancer.

You can't zoom too much, you can't rotate the camera, you can't pause the game.

And the units and mechanics? A fucking joke.

This is not worth more than 4.99$. It's a fucking dumb mobile game.

I pirated it and it doesn't give a good first impression. The humour is fucking atrocious.

Does it have skirmish / free build mode or am I stuck in the singleplayer missions?

Smells like soy.

It has a skirmish option with Co-op but I haven't tested that because I don't have friends. There are 3 different skirmish modes, skirmish which is normal, endless which has an endless portal where even if you conquer the overlord they can still invade you, and wave which is just 20 waves of enemies to win.
The units are responsive and so far the gameplay is fun, alot of the units have abilities that auto-cast but you can disable auto-cast and minmax if you a nerd. The red arrow you see on the side of the gameplay screenshots hide the game menu, it's well done but the game feels like a console game. I don't know what it is, maybe the graphics and the humour but it['s just like I'm playing that Dwarves game that came out some time ago.
The campaign has co-op too but again I don't know how it works
Also more screenshots.

When in doubt, War for the Overworld. Released as a buggy piece of shit, but the devs have nursed it to health since then.

Balance still is centered on multiplayer, which sucks in itself and is made worse by the fact that MP only works via P2P, so forget anything above 2v2 with a very limited number of units

Surprised Mark hasn't deleted this yet. He tends to delete anything related to Dungeon Keeper.

That is some fucking atrocious and lazy writing, I wouldn't even pirate this trash, not it's not worth enduring this ironic "ho ho, fantasy tropes sure are stupid, amirite fellow intellectuals?" writing style.

Huh? Is there a story behind that?

Pure eye-cancer, as well as the overly-cartoony style where everything looks like it's made out of foam or plastic. I fucking hate this trend in generic fantasy/scifi vidya.

And this out-cancers fucking Borderlands writing.
Why would I even pirate this, OP?

Agree it really does look like a mobile game and the mechanics seem to be copy/pasted from Dungeons 2

Testicles

Walking in Bullfrog's shoes is not easy. I don't expect there will ever be a proper sequel to MOO2, either.

I like the sons of Rohan one. Got a chuckle out of me.

You saved me the time it would take to pirate it. Thanks, user.

also
Who the fuck is their target audience?

PICKLE RICK

Go back to >>>/cuckchan/

It's probably alright gamplay-wise, haven't tried, but god I hate that graphic style and color palette. Seems like all small budget games these days have that same color palette which reminds me of shitty Android games. I just don't like it. Especially for a game like Dungeon Keeper it's just off-putting. It needs more grim instead of rainbows and unicorns.

Do all these game use the same default colors of some game engine or something or is it just a trend?

Jesus Christ, this is some Divinity tier dialogue. Thank you for saving me the bandwidth. How the fuck does anyone write this, look at it in the game and go "yes, this is exactly what I want the world to see!" God damn, this is beyond lazy writing.

This. It's the nu males color palette.

Did they end up making a profit from it? I'd hope they did since it's been tidied up.

Meme writing is worse than no writing. You go through all that effort with animation, with art, with sound and with gameplay, and what words do you associate with it?
"OVER 9000! XD"

At least the cartoon gave us Imra. Fuck April, Irma was the real qt.

Come the fuck on, now…
At least they did something different with the Overworld, something that supposely was gonna be part of Dungeon Keeper 3 and I really have no idea why WftO didn't had, considering it's name and everything.

The game is pretty nice. It's a simple enough clone of Dungeon Keeper but more focused on the offensive in the Overworld and some light management underground.
The writing is childish, memetastic and full of pop culture references as well as loads of 4th wall breaks. It's not for everyone but then again the game goes to great lengths to look and sound like an extremely cartoonish version of Dungeon Keeper, this is to be expected.

Compared to Dungeons 2, it's far better. More mechanics for every race, more streamlined races and units, pretty good progression, it no longer takes several years for something to happen and you can always find something to keep you busy optimizing the dungeon, something I hope they learned from Bullfrog.

The devs also give plenty of feedback on their forums and Steam and seem an honest bunch. If you can get past the dialogue (shouldn't take much effort beyond not being a sour puss), it's a pretty enjoyable game.

Not gonna compare it to Dungeons 1 since that was actually an entirely different genre

and just like that
dropped

hehehe the joke is that they are self aware about video games lol do you get it yet guys?

at least they did something right
fuck, stop tempting me, user

So I have heard good things about this game. I never played Dungeon Keeper before. How is it?

Dungeon keeper is breddy good, kind of frustrating in the later levels though. If you want a less dated version then evil genius is pretty much the same thing just in the bond universe

Not bad tbh.

Take that back, Divinity is a million times better than this shit. This is fucking borderlands the pre-sequel tier.

Evil genius needs mods to improve it. It's not bad from a core design, it just has some time consuming balance.

Mechanically flawed. The entire game requires you to gain money at a specific pacing or you end up getting more attention than you want.
And even then, the whole progression is just geared by your henchmen, money just speeding up the rate at which you recruit them.
An agent kills a bunch of your dudes, all it means is you're gonna have to wait for new recruits and then some more waiting as you train them back up. It's tedious how long you go without actually doing something.

Your traps can easily kill your agents far more often than enemy agents and the whole game is Vallet dependant for getting rid of people without corpses, curing any time of damage besides Red and putting out fires. Missing Vallets means your base burns forever and mind traps lock every other henchmen in place as they repetadly activate them.

Couple that with the fact that the World Domination screen is a really shallow version of Risk and you never see anything, you're just told about it, and you get a terribly boring game. You can't even pick people or resources up to help speed things up.

Dungeons 3 has management almost as complicated as Evil Genius, but it's far more engaging and developed and it's counterpart to World Domination (the Overworld) is a lot more interesting as you can command your troops while your basic troops keep working on the dungeon.
Anyone that liked Evil Genius will love Dungeons 2 and 3 unless the aesthetics were the only thing you liked about EG.

Too bad dungeons 3 will explode if it doesn't make a pop-culture reference every 5 seconds, at least it seems it's contained in the campaign mode

God I hate this 4th wall breaking Reddit le quirky humour so fucking much. I hate games that don't take themselves seriously, it just shows they aren't secure enough in their own creation so they resort to this because then it's not serious anyway haha right guys