Head of Bioware leaves

Isn't this bad for business given how Andromeda bombed and that Anthem and DA 4 are in production?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/tuN0d
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can't wait to see the rainbow haired fat dyke they get to replace him.

maybe they'll hire someone who isn't pozzed which is statistically impossible considering bioware is in canada

Reminder that there were numerous writers that had left bioware during development of Andromeda. Bioware also died a long time ago, so there is no loss happening.

IT ALL STARTS SPLITTING AT THE SEAMS AND NOW THE WHOLE THING'S TUMBLING DOWN

I bet he saw how shit Anthem and DA 4 are and got out while he could.

Oh, you just know a diversity hire is going to replace the guy. I hope it's a female who finishes Bioware off.

Are you implying the previous head of bioware was any good? Honestly Bioware has been going down the shitter so hard lately that replacing their head with any random idiot would probably be an improvement at this point. Laidlaw has been running some seriously low standards and drinking the kool-aid. His projects suffered for it and in the end he took the heat for the fuck-ups and decided to get out.

I think Bioware has slowly been suffering from the realization that they were never any good. They were simply mediocre to decent, and once they started going full retard they were shit to mediocre and started getting called out on it. Those guys were seriously drunk on their own marketing title of "masters of storytelling" and just got fucking retarded with their narrative design.

I'm going to remind you laidlaw was also the dumbfuck who was behind DA2's "evolution" of the RPG genre where he pretended that he was breaking new and exciting ground for RPGs as opposed to making a fugly, lazy, incoherent, unenjoyable game.

Ain't that the writer for Half-life?

I remember hearing that the founders of Bioware said that the company was already going downhill before EA bought them. They said "Bioware was going to commit suicide, EA handed them a rope."

DA2 literally felt like dlc, it should have cost 20 bucks to bridge DA and whatever came next. Unfortunately Cisquisition came next, so the whole franchise may as well be kaput.
I honestly cant believe DA4 was approved, i think Cisquisition was the straw that injured the camel and Andromeda then broke its back. After these two fuckups DA4 may as well stand for Dead on Arrival.

Is he the retard that forced players to play as the preset Hawk rather than the blank slate from DAO? If so, what a retard. Also, the DA story was always retarded. The only saving grace was the interesting combat system where you had to be careful your mages didn't murder themselves or your group. The lewd sections of the game were just an extra that should have just stayed as random extra content rather than being a major part of the series. The equivalent would be if Skyrim decided to make loverslab a selling point for their game. It would just look desperate and it would eventually bring in the trans crowd that DA did.

They developed some okay stuff with NWN/nwn2 but really it was the modders and obsidian that made those games great.

This. Bonus points for it being a diversity hire.

Laidlaw? More like LAID OFF.

And both of them are living the dream with the retirement money they amassed by owning their own Brewery and making videos of themselves getting drunk.

Seeing Bioware's track record on pushing diversity, its highly likely.

I thought he worked at valve?

That's Marc Laidlaw.

Fucking shit, I misread it at first as "It's with a mix of emotions that I'm announcing BioWare has ended".

I was about to go take a victory fap.

No shit, nigger. Do you think any of us are sad?

I dont get how Bioware got so big, all their games are shit

Rip in shit, you disgusting faggot. You ruined everything you touched.

He probably got fired for being a white male. They will replace him some sort of post modern abomination flesh creature.

Doesn't Currythunder work in India making mobile phone games now?

I thought it was Marc Laidlow announcing that he was going to work on Ass Effect, then I continued reading and stayed confused until I notice his name was Mike

fuck off OP

How the fuck did I miss that? Someone want to give me the laugh worthy bits?

I'm not sure any single man takes the credit for that. Part of it was probably Laidlaw, part of it was EA, part of it was probably the crew wanting to make Dragon Age more like Mass Effect for the big bucks, so they started randomly throwing in more ME design shit.

Do you have a source for this? Failing that, can you at least venture at the time and place of this saying of theirs? Would make a lot of sense, though. Those guys got out fast while the going was good.

EA bought them up and decided if you go half-retard you're fucked so they went full retard on Bioware, but the Bioware divisions are slowly getting axed. Remember Bioware's magnum opus WoW-killer MMORPG? Me either. Entire division got shitcanned iirc, but then again it was mostly coasting on the Bioware name rather than being any part of Bioware proper.

When I saw the name, I wondered, are they related? Can't find any info on that.

No they aren't related.

how hard would it be to get a job at EA/Bioware?

I mean, with the crap they release, surely they must be desperate for something thats not leftie garbage.

The industry is a revolving door of shit. If only getting ejected meant never seeing their names in the credits again.

Seems to me EA quite enjoys being surrounded by Marxist shit. You don't go and make something like Battlefield 1 by coincidence.

As far as I know, he was laid off before Andromeda was even released.

Wasn't he an outside contractor whose contract had expired or something? I don't think BioWare actually ever fired him, though he seems to not have been hired for any other big projects since then and is wasting his time with indie faggots and trying to be as much of a wigger as possible.

this. Frankly I am glad they shat out glorious games like andromeda because gamers really deserve nothing else. It's sad to see them go, I wish they could have created more great turds that would have sold well just to laugh at the cucks. well at least we still have star shitizen

If Dargon Age 2 was the bullet to the head, than this is the garsoline and the burning match to the corpse.

Just disassemble the wreckage and bury their name, jEAw

Let them be forgotten forever!

Back when Baldur's Gate 1 came out cRPGs were in something of a slump and no big publisher in the industry was willing to invest into making new games in the genre, as they were seen to be a dead end like adventure games. With Interplay shitting itself and facing bankruptcy, and every other famous cRPG developer more or less dead.

If you look at the list of cRPGs released in the period of 1998 and 1999 the only noteworthy titles you'll find are Fallout 2 and Might and Magic VI and VII, Return to Krondor, with Ultima IX being something no one wants to remember ever existing. By the time Baldur's Gate 2 rolled around there basically had no competition outside of Jeff Vogel (the Geneforge) guy.

Probably he got caught up in the pedogate shit thats going on and running away before he goes to jail

PEDO GATE IS BIOWARE

#PEDOGATE

DONT BAN ME MARK

I didn't think he was laid off, though. I thought he quietly excused himself, scrubbed his social media, and then ran for the fucking hill like a month before Andromeda shipped. The whole thing reeked of him just being a distraction to stir up shit and keep Andromeda in the public eye through controversy for as long as possible.

They had to have known Andromeda was going to get torn to shreds through mock reviews and they wanted to get out ahead of it and change the conversation away from their incompetence into the overwhelming criticism just being a hate campaign against women and progressive values.

Go look his twitter up, it's full of anti-white posts, praise for the kneeling groids, whining why the national anthem isn't a rap song, etc.

Nope, that's your average BioWare employee and the main reason their games are so shit.

They are leftists, they have no ability for introspection. They are part of a cult whose main tenet is that nothing in their lives is their fault and must be laid at the feet of white men.

Will that Pajeet replace him?

We can only hope.

I hope "Curry Thunder becomes the new Head of Bioware
Wouldn't a brave and courageous Pajeet like him be such a vibrant and diverse statement on Bioware

Don't you mean tumblring down?

LET THE DEATH SPIRAL BEGIN.

would be excellent

Pottery.

I get the stupid "muh pronoun" shit, but what does the second one mean?

Polygamy I guess.

Polysexual I think. It means his wife gets to fuck other guys while he gets to sit in a corner and watch.

That's Marc Laidlaw.

He identifies as a single polygon.

They'll get some know-nothing diversity hire so when the company folds they can blame those mean ol' gamergaters and Trump for the companies dissolution instead of the fact that being a bunch of barnstorming thundertards who couldn't make anything close to a "good game" even if their lives depended on it.

It means his wife gets fucked by other men while women avoid him like the plague.

I think.

It means that he's a straight dude who thinks that it's boring to be straight.

They can do all of that and more. I'll be sitting here and laughing my ass off.

It's a real challenge to make waifus that their 95% straight, white male audience wants to fuck, especially when you think doing the exact opposite will make people that don't play games buy your shitty product.

You'd think you wouldn't want to do thing that would fuck with your consumer base, I wonder what the worker bees are doing in Bioware now?

The smart ones are scrubbing their social media accounts of all the anti-white and anti-Western comments and trying to figure if it's smart to mention they worked for BioWare in the past five years.

I woulda thought any Bioware workers with brains would have jumped ship after ME3 to better things… like getting fucked on camera.

What said.
His chances at getting laid are… low.

BioWare didn't "renew his contract," which in Leafland means basically fired.

That would explain the asari pronouns lore rape in ME:A

They were probably getting uncomfortable about him and his views on white people and didn't want him coming into work one day with a rifle.

I thought Asaris were all women?

All their nouns being translated to female variants in English was a translation error in the earlier games. Even the times when the asari were apparently speaking English instead of being translated by space magic.

People call them feminine because they look feminine but asari are genderless on their side of the translator. Some dumbass at BioWare Montreal either didn't know that or just wanted to virtue signal so bad they were okay with shitting on 10 years of asari lore.

They're a monogendered species.

This is the guy that proudly said he wasn't sorry he shoehorned politics in the games isn't it? One less to go.
They didn't renew his contract.

Wait they are making more games?
Is Anthem a new IP or part of the Ass Defect universe?

Good riddens to bad rubbish. EA probably released their aposomatism-haired hamplanets to eat and then replace him, making this a posthumous writing. By all means, buckle down on your insane ideologies and let the rest of the normalfags see how fucked the state of the industry truly is. Blame it all on Gamergays and spew your internet conspiracy theories that no one outside these events will never understand or care to understand. These are the death-rattles of a system ready to fall.

Correct, but Liara says herself in ME1 that she's "not exactly a woman." The asari relative to themselves are mono-gendered (one gender) but to other species with a concept of gender division the asari are genderless.

Anthem's a new IP. EA wants it to be their Destiny killer. They must not have noticed that Activision already did Destiny in

That's a pretty nice picture of the american flag user.

Is that curry nigger retard still employed?

Destiny killer could work if it was something that Destiny was originally supposed to be. EA however can and will fuck it up in over dozen ways. More likely is that it's the same thing as with "WoW killers" and Battleborn.

That's a damn good video.

Pretty much anyone who was ever relevant at Bioware already left after the Mass Effect 3 debacle, if not before that. Some of the major project leads, writers, plus the two company co-founders have been gone for several years now.

Thanks a lot for turning Bioware into your little bitch for social justice EA, I'm sure we enjoy seeing people get hired for their progressive hairstyle and feminist ideals rather than just enjoying the fuck out of video games and being quite competent at working on them.

Let's also not forget.
archive.is/tuN0d

In ME2 the leader of the bandit planet defeats that krogan called the patriarch. She nicknamed him the patriarch because she's known as the matriarch and it amused her to call him a name that doesn't exist in her culture. A male leader, since they're all female. Theyre not genderless.

Wait, is this guy a brother from the guy who wrote the Half-Life script and all?

Something along these lines.

If they are all one gender then they are genderless since there's nothing to distinguish between. Or, they're all hermaphrodite to be more accurate. Just because they go by feminine gendered terms when translated into English (or whatever language we hear everybody speak in the games) doesn't mean they are female.

God that brought me back.

He wasn't laid off, he had a limited contract for the duration of his work on ME:Androgynous and left once he was done shitting up the game with his efforts.

Satan-Hitler full house dubs! bring it all down, Curry Thunder!

Yep. Makes that petition to remove him pointless because people are enter and leave that company all the time.

Isn't this exactly what they are doing with using paid mods as an excuse to have a 3rd remastered edition?

I seem to recall this guy being some kind of piece of shit who actively shit on Bioware's desiccated remains back when I posted on the Bioware forums. Good to see him get fucked.

That guy is on the borderline of being fucked given hes in mapleland.

It looks like ME:Andromeda is coming to the Origin Vault. That says a lot about the poor sales.

it would be extremely painfull

poly? does the nigga want to fuck a cracker or something?

No, he means he identifies as polyester. So he goes great with dresses.

isn't poly a bird's name?

That's pretty much it. Without any concept of gender division they're effectively genderless. They just act however they want to act and their lives don't revolve around identity politics, unlike SJWs.

The worst thing about the pronouns bullshit in ME:A is that it gave tumblr exactly the cue it needed to tumblr-ify the asari. Now their Biodrones fantasize about male-identifying and transgender asari. Before ME:A was released I joked that BioWare would put a transgender asari in the game. I should've kept my fucking mouth shut.

I'm pretty sure BioWare Montreal was trying to "apologize" for the asari being so problematic in their concept as sexy blue alien chicks so they tossed them to the tumblr wolves.

just realized cina has a lazy eye lol