Story Time, Holla Forums

Once upon a time, in the year 1999, a young, impressionable child was introduced to a video game. He didn't like this game, it scared him. It was dark, bleak, and there were giant demonic heads that would rush at him from behind. He didn't get very far, he was terrified to try. The friend who had the game moved away, and the now scarred child moved the memory of the game to the darkest recesses of his mind, where it festered, grew, and took over his subconscious. Without realizing it, his dreamworlds were directly inspired by the game, causing him to spend his entire waking life looking for ways to piece together what it felt like for him to dream. Any time a game reminded him of his sad, forlorn dreams, he clung desperately to them, even if they were cheap imitations. LSD Dream Emulator, Majora's Mask, Yume Nikki, Silent Hill, Niko Through The Dream, NaissanceE, and others all were similar to this idea that plagued him incessantly, this feeling, this tone, this universe that seemed to be his and his alone, but none scratched the itch perfectly. Unable to find peace, the now adult man combed the internet searching for the obscure, forgotten game that had somehow shaped his entire life, from his taste in art and music to his religion and philosophy.

He found it yesterday. And he's been playing it today. The man is horrified at how levels he has never seen pervaded his every dream, and yet he is also comforted to once again be united with his own heaven and hell, to find the source of his torment. The name of the game is Saints of Virtue, and I don't know how or why this beautiful, terrible, awe-inspiring, mediocre, terrifying, serene game has had such a permenant lifelong effect on me. But the developers closed shop and I can't seem to contact them.

It's a game I highly recommend playing (in windowed mode, fullscreen has a bizarre color glitch). It's like a mix of Doom and The Theatre.

I'll go into more detail in other posts if you want, I just don't wanna hit the character limit.

Faggot

Yes, and?

TL;DR

You forgot permenant psychological damage but ok

Reported!!!

C H E C K E M

For what?

Fail

lol fail and aids fag is fail and aids!

check my numbers

I feel like this could've been a good thread, but you just introduced it the wrong way, OP.

I'm just gonna bump your thread just for the sake of your effort typing all that and to pay for my shitpost.

Hello, where are the video games?

"Story Time, Holla Forums" is a long-standing tradition on Holla Forums of introducing a tale of how vidya changed the OP's life, though.

I mentioned several

ps checked

I suspected we were being raided due to other threads, but this proves it.
Is it Mewch goons?

How does the game play OP? Attacks?
Bosses?

Can you post a webm?

See

For actual blogposting and cancer

At least he doesn't talk like a complete faggot in third person however cancerous he might be

Proves what? OP blogposted a shitty story and didn't get to the point. If he wanted to talk about Saints of Virtue, just do so.

It's like a really clunky version of Duke Nukem 3D, but you only have a sword that shoots things, like Catechumen. The enemies are all nightmare fuel heads like pic related. There's no bosses, but its better that way. The game is very isolated and lonely, even in the more human places that are on par with, say, worlds.com.

The majority of the OP wasn't about the game because I had forgotten its existence and I was focusing on the psychological ramifications of having played it.

cool story bro heres mine

At least fucking post some /k/ stories.

So user, why didn't you get out?

cool autism

Fuck off with your blogposting.