Gamenight Delayed

Due to significant technical issues we're going to have to delay Enemy Territory a week, hopefully it'll all be resolved by then. That means any fag can run whatever they want this weekend instead like a normal off-weekend.

Other urls found in this thread:

fivem.net
12gameovers.mooo.com/uuuu/DooD.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

battlefront 2 weekend time

I suggest jedi academy. Base game duel or FFA with wait protection on ja+ mod.

I intone a hearty REEEE.

Have these as compensation.

I'd be up for that but aren't the new servers for SBWF2 a bit unreliable? I've not looked into it but throw up a thread and let's go for it.
Actually speaking of SWBF2 March 18th is our one year anniversary of when this all started with a Battlefront 2 gamenight. If the new servers are reliable by then and piratefaggability is confirmed we'll also do a full gamenight of it on that date (using the traditional Holla Forums mods) in celebration.

Jedi Academy is actually coming up for a full gamenight in December: 15th-16th, 22nd-23rd or 29th-30th (new film would be the 15th, the later nights give faggots who want to watch it hopefully a camrip and not actually physically paying for it time to do so and meme ingame). We've also got Christmas maps.

It's only delayed user, not cancelled. So far we've got random crashes, issues downloading custom content from the server and problems with the mods we wanted to use (shotguns and gas grenades). There are ideas for troubleshooting it but it'd take at least another 6-7 hours of messing around and even that wouldn't guarantee stability. Also faggots even from Eastern Europe normally manage to get pings no worse than ~180-200ms, you should be ok to play.

Speaking of which feedback on which date would be good. 22nd-23rd would be Friday and Saturday, we'd probably also run on the 24th (Sunday) and likely leave it there. I suppose the server could be left on for the 25th too if people wanted with a pure Christmas map rotation but I doubt any of our admins/hosts would be around to do things.

The servers were shitty for a few days but it has been pretty stable as of today.

Right, I'd heard vague things about teething problems. You'd be as well to just make a thread with basic instructions and fags can jump in.

So to summarise:
Jedi Academy Gamenight options:
New film would drop on the 15th, maybe too quickly for faggots to be able to grab a camrip and watch it for in-game memes.
This would push up on Christmas but we've intentionally got some Christmassy maps planned. We'd also leave the server up on the 25th with a pure Christmas map rotation for anyone who felt like playing but no guarentees any /radcorp/ fags will actually be on on the 25th itself.
Pushes up on Hogmanay.

Who cares? It's just going to be a remake of Empire.

Hostfag here, I should be fine with the 24th. The game has rcon too so we can have some other anons admin

i'm pretty sure there's only one besides maps that happen to be snowy
fucking leprechauns

just for shitposting really. I wouldn't be surprised if some autist even makes new models to play with from the trailer alone.

Test server might still be up, no guarantees on stability though.

It's assumed some of the more Holla Forums-inclined anons will want to shitpost about how terrible it is ingame, personally I've still not seen either of the two already released sequels and have no desire to ever do so.

Aside from Wolfenstein:ET, what mods are required to download?

I think we're using a bunch of custom maps and then one of No Quarter, Jaymod or Silent (I think those names are correct). They do thinks like mess with balance and add new guns (Shotguns, STGs, BARs, Gas Grenades etc).
However clients don't need to worry, mods will download automatically from the server when you try and connect. We're also planning to have an alternate download link in the OP that comes with most of it included for anons who would rather not wait when connecting.

I could have sworn shotguns, STG and BAR were in the original game already (though not gas greandes), but fair enough. Shit, I actually remember the mod-downloading feature where certain servers would have have a gatling-gun named "poison" or something like that.

Not sure if you guys want to do it

but here's an online mod I found for GTA

fivem.net

As far as I can tell they aren't, they're just commonly ported from other games.

Looks like fun but perhaps a bit too hard on toasters for a full gamenight. Off-weekend is possible though.

You sure? Because I could swear that BAR and STG where the standard weapons for the soldier class on Allied and Axis side, respectively. Not that anyone ever used them safe for the rare opportunities where machine guns or flamethrowers were more useful than the medics self-healing ability (which might have been a mod in itself, of course)

I was lagging with it in local servers, the netcode is especially unreliable.

In game I saw MP40 and Thompson. Unless there's a server setting or they unlock as you rank up.

STG and BAR were introduced in No Quarter Mod. They are not in the base game.

Well, fuck me. Guess I hopped onto the train too late.

To be fair ET is one of those games where almost every server is running one of the 'essential' mods.

Getting an error message when trying to connect.

'characters/temperate/axis/soldier.char'
for the Axis soldier

Oh dear, someone was getting that earlier and we weren't sure why then either.

Though nobody is playing now anyway, I was just posting the server in case someone wanted a quick peek at how it's set up right now.

You guys should try mech warrior living legends. I'd host but I'm busy this weekend.

That would be a good idea, we've got MW4 coming up in November too.

not very toaster friendly

just throw some doom gamenight or round up a bunch of gays to play worms Armageddon

Is it time for the Minetest/craft gamenight then?

It's an off-weekend, people can play whatever. Just make a thread for it. I think the Doom server is up, if not I could ask the relevant hostfag to put it up.

Can confirm Doom server is still up with the name 'Holla Forumsideo games'.

are you sure? can't find it.

69.245.114.214:10666

Info for wadseeker: 12gameovers.mooo.com/uuuu/DooD.html

We can play TF2V again.

tbh doom is shit for high yield multiplayer

I'd like another TF2V gamenight.

I wouldn't mind that, another sourcemod, or Red Orchestra with Darkest Hour which we didn't play.

TF2v devs have told me they're planning to run a mini-event on the 31st-1st (Tuesday-Wednesday) this month. Apparently they've de-cancered the Halloween maps in advance. We'll probably assist in that (it'll be like a mini mid-week gamenight).

RO:OST is going to get played again in a few months but probably with Carpathian Crosses rather than Darkest Hour.

y tho, darkest hour is the reputed one. Why not both?

Wasn't there supposed to be a Simple Planes game night?

Three reasons really:
1. Anons asked for it back in the original gamenight and we planned to do it but ran out of time to actually get to it. This is the main reason for running it.
2. Darkest Hour is still alive so we'd have to run passworded or risk a mass invasion of normalfags (a few normalfags like we got with OST are welcome, too many floods out anons).
3. Darkest Hour is the most popular because it's the most 'streamlined', outside of a select few infantry only maps it feels less hardcore like OST and more action-based like 2 (things like messing with spawning mechanics for example) this is arguably more of a personal opinion though a few other anons had similar complaints back on the gamenight. Also the Western Front setting is overdone.
Swapping mods halfway through wasn't popular last time and reduced the number of anons on Sunday, we'd probably just wait another ~6 months then run Darkest Hour as its own gamenight.

how about Enemy territory quake wars

No idea, if anyone wants to run it this weekend would be a good opportunity. If not then a thread on /radcorp/ is a good idea.

how about Enemy territory quake wars

How about Iron Grip Warlord?

It's criminal that such an interesting game series did not receive attention beyond cult status, how many other games have feudal dieselpunk themes?

What's an Iron Grip Warlord user?

If you are saying anything like it, you absolutely must explain what kind of significant technical issues you're encountered. Also, what OS are you all using? Win10?

How about Soldner Secret Wars it's free, it has a shitton of weapons and vehicles including planes and boats, it's free and it's only a 500mb download?

What DH devs did was unforgivable. They ruined the mod by coding in their action AIDS bullshit into the actual base game as opposed to a server-specific mod. Now you no longer have tank maps like Vieux or even long maps. I miss the huge, long map that was Berlin where german side was starved for manpower but it was still possible to win. Decapitation by horses is the fitting punishment for what they did. The 29th server was cancerous before but they really outdone themselves when they manifested cancer into the code of the mod.

You'd have to ask the hostfag (he might be lurking here, if not he's certainly watching the /radcorp/ ET thread) for a more Holla Forums-themed explanation but there were a few broad issues. Most concerning were the random server crashes hostfag may or may not have had flashbacks to BF:2142 but there were also significant problems with the server timing out clients while trying to download custom content. All this put us behind schedule on testing mods/messing with combining mods and custom maps (another good reason to delay since not doing that in advance causes issues during the actual gamenight). It looks like the downloading issue was isolated to ET Legacy 2.75 so there's a hostfag looking into either Legacy 2.74 or original ET for the server and we'll test that over the next few days for stability and compatibility with mods etc. The crashing issue is less certain, probably something that can be solved by a few hours of troubleshooting but we'd be running into Friday before that was all dealt with with no guarantee the game would be stable afterwards.
A mixture of GNU/Linux and Win7 mostly though I think at least one fag is still on XP, to the best of my knowledge nobody is on Win10. It's almost certainly not an OS issue anyway, more likely something to do with the server files. Interestingly at least one other server not at all affiliated with us seemed to present a similar error while downloading custom content.

Organised clans are always cancer. Hog in PR are a good example of this.

There's been a hostfag pushing for this for a while, probably going to get played at some point.

Windward server
No password.

server- Sea of Smug

if you want to (((buy))) the game or get it for free then check out this post.

Join the red faction for muh combat bonus.

Looks like a laugh.

I don't think that HOG does this whole LARPy spiel like 29th, where they actually give people ranks and they are expected to act them out. Like when a superior comes in they type in chat *salute* or something. Will we ever be doing PR gamenight again?

Oh dear, that's some RnL tier autism.
The current rule is no repeating a game until at least 6 months have passed, if PR fags want another slot after than then probably but we'll need to look at organising it a bit better behind the scenes.

Day of Infamy is free for 2 days

Those fags are insufferable and alienated most of the DH community till it got to the stage they were not welcome on half of all servers at one point.
MilSim fags are often beyond retarded anyway, still remember groups trying to figure out how the fuck they kept losing their Officers when playing Insurgency mode in PvP. Hint, don't fucking ever salute in a warzone unless you are actively trying to get the person you are saluting killed

well they sure fucking fixed that, nobody wanted them so they broke the game and now they are the only server in the mod

That's pretty sad actually. I always felt that group would crash that mod with no survivors. What's worse is I know the DH devs want to combine their mod with Mare Nostrum

It's basically a tower defense/fps hybrid, sequel to a mod named Iron Grip: The Opression which was multiplayer only.

The mod has one player being the commander of an AI force (though they get to use officers) while the rebel team was players only

The retail (Warlord) just has players as the defenders, but you can now switch between a tower defense view where you build stuff.

The mod sounds ore fun.

Are there any games with Holla Forums servers already existing?
I know about tf2v.
So maybe we can redo that one.
Wanted to try something else.
Shame that the gamenight fell through.

Gonna go ahead and throw this in here, but I'll suggest Space Station 13 for a future gamenight. We have regular threads here and a server already running, but we're constantly low on people due to it being an obscure game. It is, however, a very deep and fun game.
Current thread here:
Pic related is an example greentext of some of the hilarious stuff that can go down, especially when we do have enough people.
Game is FREE and is an autistic, shift based role playing game about being on a space station trying not to die when everything goes wrong, and hopefully doing your job.
You want a spess game with full atmospheric simulation, chemistry, slime breeding, cooking, bartending, stealing from cargo, fly people, bombs, and random science shit? We got all those things, there's even a kind of archeology for deadly space artifacts.

Yeh, kind of like Tower Defence meets Zombie Master.

Doom is up.

Actually I've been meaning to talk to you fags, SS13 was talked about way back when we started. Was thinking some time in February or March please remind me closer to that time with a thread on /radcorp/ if I forget I will forget.

Right. I'll also make a post in our thread referencing your post.

Good idea. I'm afraid we're more or less booked up until February so far which is why it's so long.

You should just host AvP2 or Star Trek:Elite Force and be done with it :^)

Quiet you.

GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT.

Trips confirmed, AvP2 night NOW!

Digits hath spoken. These games must be hosted.

Where's the AvP2 serb? :^)

What's the next gamenight?

Probably still Enemy Territory, after that World in Conflict.