Stuff in vidya that lets you know it was made with love

WebM related.

Basically just little things that let you know that the devs and people working on it really had a fun time, be they easter eggs, references (not hamfisted ones), tributes, or homages to other vidya. Just fun little things you know the devs would enjoy putting in there.

Another example might be the exploding animals in Warcraft 2 when you click on them too much.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/uc?id=0B2NWtZui9cA_VklJRnNUcUtGSVE
youtube.com/watch?v=6p6xGxH13k4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That's actually amazing user.

t pisses me off that that happened and I never even played it, but I'm definitely taking a look at it now.
Why do so many good games get less than they deserve because of these cancerous review sites. Fucking hell.

Also the fact that this game was recieved incredibly badly(and rightfully so, it was dogshit) and then the devs went back and patched it and now it's pretty enjoyable. I think they really enjoyed working on this game.

It feels bad when a game feels like a labor of love and is also bad/mediocre.

Usually the case with bad Nintendo games.

Nobody fucking talks about this game and it is a shame. I just picked it up and it plays really fucking well.

probably because it's a PS4 exclusive that isn't dark souls, nioh, or weebshit.

All the pissed quotes in WC3, when units get clicked excessively.

They actually kept that in Starcraft
Just makes me think how Blizzard went so bad

Thanks for reminding me, I have to play Warcraft 3, never finished the game.

Is it that good? Some goy from where I live is selling the physical edition for PSVita and I'm kinda curious

I'll give the game a check on my brother's PS4 Is there some recommendation for playing the originals (best platform or fan patches)?

Company of Heroes has something similar along with context-specific lines.

Custom Robo was fun, shame the older titles will never be translated. Not for gameplay mind you, since the GC one is pretty much all you need. I just want context for the shmucks that show up in the postgame.

For the original, the Amigas are the best to look into.

I suggest watching longplays of them as opposed to playing them. The first game is included on the ps4 remake as an unlockable and has an unlockable cheat code for infinite HP. At that point ,give the game a playthrough and it'll throttle your shit due to sluggish controls and obtuse puzzles.

The music in the new game isn't quite as memorable, but it does have some recreations of the original game's score, and if you don't like it, use the toggle to change out the new game's music with the amiga's music.

Jesus christ did they account for everything a fan of Shadow of the Beast would want.

the nice thing about the shadow of the beast remake is you can use the entire games original soundtrack. The game itself plays quite a bit better than the original too.

It really plays so damn fluid. Yeah it's kinda like one finger death punch in combat, but the bosses are neat, the Hydrath is probably the best one with the Hydrath Castle being the best stage since it's so nonlinear.

My fucking god I didn't know about this
That's actually amazing

and then there is this whole hidden credits sequence for people who do good at the game

>He didn't erase his data

Life is suffering

You know you get that feeling when you beat a good game or watch a good film and have to just sit and soak it all in- and make efforts to avoid other media (game/tv/music/etc) so you can just have silence and your thoughts?
I feel like good games do it- and the "party credits" pull that off.

The only downside is when NPCs follow you, you get a fucking conga line and everyone's animations and walking SFX are in synch.
The midget + shotgun or keep-away with the bee gun were kinda OP.

buy the drm free version then. less bugs too.

Where? I must know.

playing both the cybertron games back-to-back and having the end credits for fall of cybertron be this song was amazing.

All the silly stuff in Age of Mythology made it seem like the devs were really having fun while making it. It was mostly found in the cheats (pics related), but also in the titles of all the music tracks in the OST, which are named after what I assume are in-jokes within the dev team.

I'm going to play this soon, it's been in my backlong too long. Aarbron's design in the remake is really fucking cool and I love that you can unlock parts of the alien language, not many games include language as a mechanic.

The credits commentary in Crash Tag Team Racing, Crash of the Titans, Mind over Mutant. Maybe Twinsanity had comments too. You can tell people put their hearts into it.

Fucking

The language mechanic is great and the game makes a subtle effort to reward you for just playing better

>you can only get the true ending if you are not devouring innocent souls to revive yourself

I really like how F-Zero GX thanks you after playing a Grand Prix, it feels like someone really put effort in the game and is genuinely happy you bought, played and enjoyed it.

Give it a go and see for yourself, it's ~250mbs
docs.google.com/uc?id=0B2NWtZui9cA_VklJRnNUcUtGSVE

youtube.com/watch?v=6p6xGxH13k4

Liking nip PSP games is suffering. Every Ys game by Falcom feels like a labour of love from people who love action. Ys vs Sora no Kiseki showed some love to odler Falcom games and the endings for each character were great.

But the conga line shows every one of the characters has a unique animation for running AND walking.

I stopped playing Crysis 2 about 15 minutes in. The game was creating me like I've never played vidya before and I got bored.

*treating me

They knew exactly what they were doing, and so did Platinum when they made Devastation.

The question that matters is: who the fuck is "Darkness"?

I like functional homages to good games the most.

No, it was just a time when making video games was a fun thing to do. It was a dream job, because you loved video games and you got to work with making video games with others who loved video games. Just look at the Thief-games as an example, you can spend hours on one level just eavesdropping on guards or reading books scattered around the mission.

user if you're having fun making a video game, you're very likely putting your heart into it.

Metal Slug in general is a series that is made 100% with love, even the worst chapters.

I fucking love it when a game lets you play as everyone and anyone in it. It's just about the fact that the devs went the extra mile of making characters in playable state even if you're not meant to unlock them.

When there's tons of content the player doesn't need to see or will easily miss, there is a ton of care going into the craft.

When you feel nostalgia for a game you never played.

filthy Junkion trash

The entirety of the Gameboy Camera.

What sells it for me is including obnoxiously unimportant details or unusual interactions between mechanics, like how in Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen not only does food rot over time, but if you get hit by a cursed dragon's poison gas all the food in your inventory immediately rots.

Bump

Considering the japanese game industry used to be against developers receiving credit for their work, this was a breath of fresh air. Even Yuji Naka had to hide his name behind an obscure easter egg in the first Sonic game.