Games with Good Flamethrowers?

I find most games with flamethrowers are disappointing mechanic wise, with most devs refusing to put them in games entirely mainly for the fact whenever they appear they tend to cause games to lag. Any games worth playing that avoid this problem? I want to burn some Gooks and Nips

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/0WOVMbe.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i.imgur.com/0WOVMbe.jpg

Wow I wanted to shitpost, but not this hard

red orchestra 2, tunnels in rising storm 2

Flamethrowers are completely impractical as weapons and are only useful in some seriously limited circumstances.

ratchet and clank has a fun flamethrower

Are you a Commie?

Metal Slug

The one in Return to Castle Wolfenstein is pretty good. Although the Deus Ex one is kind of cruddy, it makes enemies light up on fire in the most hilarious way. They even got more than one scream sound! Dragon tanks in C&C Generals are nice too but probably not what you have in mind.

Make a commando in SWG, grab your decently crafted flamethrower and go burn the abos on Dantooine.

Before RtCW, the one in Kingpin: Life of Crime had always impressed me.

p.s Turn down your volume

t.rice monkey

this

Also, some friends invited me to play Killing Floor with them(I'd never buy that game, it was free once though so I grabbed it why not).
It had a Firebug class that focused on using a flamethrower(it had nothing else of value though). It was fun and actually pretty effective to kill the hordes of weak zombies with it, good AoE and such. Sucked against the stronger foes though.

Too often flamethrowers tend to do two things - one, they take a moment for the enemy to realize it's supposed to be on fire and it continues to act normally while on flames, and secondly enemies usually have the chance of inflicting not only normal damage to you while on fire in their last seconds but also fire damage by their flaming bodies damaging you.

That's why I don't like them much in vidya. Flamethrowers should basically be near liquid flame that instantly debilitates someone, like shit nigger you're dead even if you still have moments to suffer, that's it instantly.

You should play Joint Ops with Holla Forumsmod 2.02.5 never ever

Always got me.

At that point it's almost identical to a shotgun, albeit a continuous-fire one with no dispersal over range (it either kills you or does nothing)

Overgrowth has stop drop and roll.

Pretty sure MGS games have had rolling putting out fires.

That other unreal single player game had the best flame thrower ice used.

In Nioh you can dodge to put out fires.

What is the best flamethrower in TF2? I find myself using the Degreaser a lot.

Phlog :^)

Backburner. Good airblasting skills pay itself back quick.

Nah.

Aliens versus Predator 1 and 2.

they're nothing compared to the flame tanks in Tiberium Sun, which could burrow under the entire map and show up in the middle of your opponent's base

The one from Eternal Silence is pretty good.

Rising Storm 2 Vietnam hands down. The flamethrower is a fucking beast in it.

why do people do this

and then fail to do squat due to a slight elevation of terrain.

Day of Infamy and Rising Storm 2 my nig-nig.

In terms of the flame effects the dragon tanks are far better, particularly for creating the fire wall effect. Tiberian Sun's one looks wimpy like the one in C&C Renegade.

Bad Company 2 Vietnam was solid as I recall.

Flamethrower Tanks when?

Project Brutality has the best flamethrower I've ever used.