Books About or Based on Games

What's Holla Forums's favorite Game Book? I have a coffee table being airmailed from the Amazon & could use some suggestions.

Books about games is one thing, like having a physical copy of the Fallout Bible.
But having books based on games is retarded amd gay and will for sure send Stacey away into Chads illiterate arms.

snow crash

Blood, sweat and pixels

Snow Crash is great for the first four chapters and then you realize that the author isn't writing a satire, he actually thinks all of that shit is cool as hell and he just put the thinnest skin of irony over the top to dodge criticism because he's a pussy.

b-but he predicted avatars. and clipping. and mm wave.

weeb swords and hoverboards and leet haxoring was new sexy shit in the 90s. irony was not yet a factor.

The Dig by Alan Dean Foster is genuinely awesome, and does a great job of describing just how lonely, hopeless and confused you would feel if you were dropped on an abandoned alien planet. the Doom novels on the other hand were crimes against the written word and the author should be dragged into the street and shot in the mouth

I have a book that I still need to read. Dark Souls: Design Works.

Art books on specific games or artists are good. Books on specific game title, genre or period due to having a significant history or impact can be ok, some of it is just gay. Everything else is almost always garbage or zine tier garbage.

who the fuck is stacey?

I like to read about brown bricks in minecrap.

The best part of artbooks is the dev notes and such, it's like the commentary mode in L4D but better.

Which ones are worth reading?

>Halo 4 Limited Edition

oi put the fall of reach where it belongs fucko

Do joke books count?

He was destroyed!!!

Do these count?

Took me a while to find that charmander, that was bullshit

Who likes themselves some Tom Clancy?

These Splinter Cell books are pretty okay.
The first two (Splinter cell and Barracuda) are meh, the two next (Checkmate and Fallout) are really good. It's clear that they hired a different writer for the latter.

The two Conviction books (Endgame being a retelling of Conviction from the perspective of 3E operatives) are surprisingly enjoyable, much better than anything the game offered.

Blacklist is shit. Had a hard time reading through it.