Why do the people that says all the Classic Sonic games are shit don't know how to fucking roll while in motion to...

Why do the people that says all the Classic Sonic games are shit don't know how to fucking roll while in motion to solve the "can't see where you're going complaint"? And why do they say they have bad level design when it has more diverse branches of paths to choose than other platformers at the time? Sonic has a shitty fanbase and 3D games can go from meh to bad but why is revisionist shit from people with shit tastes are allowed? These are the type of people that would use the "hard gameplay is a business choice for arcade games so it is outdated." excuse.

I asked this in another thread, but why would anyone actually take Egoraptor's opinions on vidya seriously when he's proven he's not only bad at games, he's bad at explaining them as well?

Much like Zelda, Sonic gets affected badly from the opinions of those with a lot of annoying fanboys, like Egoraptor. I'll happy shit all over OoT, but a lot of his complaints about that game boiled down to "It's not like God of War combatwise because I can't just spam the B button to attack therefore it's poorly made"

Sonic fixes a legit issue with Sonic Mania and people still suck Egoraptor and co's dick over it. Basically, it wasn't autists like Chris-chan that ruined Sonic, it was autists like Egoraptor that ruined Sonic's perception.

Next time post this shit on twitter where you belong. Also kys

Some people just don't think to hold down when running. When I was a kid I got into the habit of rolling because of Aqua Lake Zone's water skipping but that isn't in the new games. Maybe if they mirrored the "Hold B to slide" in modern Sonic games with a "Hold down to break through wall" people would figure it out.

Because, you do not need to be rolling to anticipate and/or deal with the enemies and obstacles. One of the goals Hirokazu Yasuhara had with the original Sonic game was create memorable and fun levels that leave players wanting more. So, from the get-go, Sonic's biggest pillar has always been replayability.
Because, despite what the meme is, you cannot "Hold right to win".

He is the Eggman.

Because they were born after 2D Sanic and are not the audience that 2D Sanic was intended for. They just don't get it.

Fuck you Sonic is shit

I liked Sonic better than Mario and I didn't held back.

Why do people take any eceleb's opinions seriously?

Because every moral and intellectual authority has been murdered in a varying degree between literally and metaphorically, but human nature wasn't so the need for judgement and authority goes to mask-wearing pedophiles with no real faces, clowns and unfunny comedians.

Because eCelebs pre '07 have plausible backgrounds to be at least in some capacity knowledgeble of gaming culture.
Egoraptor is an exception though, he never fucking played videogames in the first place

Doesn't change the fact that he has/had good games to his credit,which makes Sonic Team and Sega's fall from grace all the more tragic. I'd argue they were attracted to him, rather than spawned. Their presence is due to shitty genes and a lack of eugenics.

source?

Dude, there are plenty of fat white women who want the D. Don't get fucking sloppy seconds from Egoraptor of all people.

Besides, if he has sex like he plays video games, he ain't getting any action.

vid related

This fucking meme.
also Sonic R is the best 3D Sonic. Yasuhara was map design director, look it up

He also contributed some maps for 3D Blast and 3 was originally going to be isometric like that, iirc.

Maybe this is push-back from the opposite side of the community when everyone was criticizing unleashed about just pushing x to win.

For the "hold right to win" meme, tell them to play any other level than Green/Emerald Hill by only holding right and jumping. Even if they win the game only by holding right and jumping they won't, they would miss the particle levels of exploration that 2D sonic is known for, and probably miss special stages.

Some people suck at life and vidya, user.

It's important to remember to never listen to fat people. If they can't take care of themselves they have no credibility.

I think a lot of it has to do with people expecting something else when they go into sonic. The first level often doesn't help that much. But memorizing the levels in order to git fast was always a deal breaker. If they zoomed out the camera by 50% I'de probably love the game.

Classic Sonic is fine. Not one of the better platforming franchises, but it gets the job done.

I never understood the "can't see" complaint, and I haven't really heard it until recently. 2D Sonics can be played "slowly" like a traditional platformer and you still get a feel for what sections of a level expect you to "go fast." There are even parts of levels that launch you through them almost automatically, so any scrub can enjoy the "speed" of a sonic game.
This kind of shit always comes from some millenial faggot born in the mid to late 90s that likes to tell everyone "how it was", or some overly-opinionated fuckwit that can't complete anything besides casual shit with 1000 checkpoints in a level and autosaves.

Even then, the "Hold right to win" meme only works on the first two to three levels in their games. In the three handheld Dimps titles that I have (Advance 2, Rush, Generations), the meme fails as early as "Hot Crater, Act 2" (SA2, Level 2), "Water Palace, Act 2" (SR, Level 2), and "Emerald Coast" (SG3D Level 4).

It's because he was popular back during the Newgrounds and Jon era Grump days, and normalfags haven't caught on to the fact that he's shit at vidya, so they still think he's some sort of bastion of knowledge of the medium.

Nice dubs.

Sonic CD shifts the camera forward when you're going fast. I always hated it because when playing these games, you'd always have a pretty good view of what's coming up anyways, even when going fast. Pulling the camera back every time you went faster than a brisk jog was just fucking retarded and distracting.