Dota 2/CS:GO thread

We haven't had one of these since the last TI. Previous dota threads:
archive.is/8MrVu
archive.is/kZ3kY
archive.is/wtTjO

Why Dota 2 and CS:GO in one thread? Because Holla Forums hates both and honestly I see some similarities in those games.

Good start OP.

I am very neutral to DOTA, and I don't even know why it's often detracted for on Holla Forums. As far as I know CSGO is an FPS and DOTA is a WC3 mod. Both are competitive multiplayer games made by Valve (with loot crates).

What do you guys think about these digits?

I tried to keep the OP as simple as possible, not adding anything personal to it.

Anyway, what do you think of gaming as a way of measuring a countries average IQ? Because as a european I end up getting into matches all over the world, since I have okayish ping on US and Asian servers. I played with people from Peru, Morocco, sandniggers from countries like Syria and Israel and even with people from countries like Singapore. And all the third world countries have retarded as fuck players. They are not only stupid, they also don't know how to behave properly.

Well, Dota retrieves a lot of hate, and most of the time it is deserved, but some people on Holla Forums are just stupid niggers. Let me start with the undeserved hate. There are a shitload of people on Holla Forums who simply hate multiplayer games. They hate all multiplayer games because they think those are ruining singleplayer games. They argue that devs see how popular games like CoD are try to copy it. They put all their budget into multiplayer games and forget about singleplayer games.

Then there are people out there who say those games are easy. I don't know why they say this, Dota is clearly a very hard to master game. Valve is dumping it down with every patch, but even in it's current form it's very hard. Everyone who says it's easy should share their account. Because there is no way in hell you spent less than 1500 hours in this game and are above 3k, which is still a pretty shit rank.

=LOOT CRATES=

=WEAPON SKINS=

L O O T C R A T E S
O
O
T

C
R
A.
T
E
S

Have you tried pinoys?They are supposed to be worse than even peruvians and any other demographic..

can you explain these too me? ive only been playing the game for like 12 hours and i dont get all that bullshit, i click on it, after winning it or something, and they want me to pay like $2.49.

Crates that drop for you are "locked" and can only be opened if you go and buy (or trade for but good luck with that faggot) a key from the in game store. With out dropping money on the key the crate it self is a useless item that sits in your inventory and tries to goad you into spending money on the game.

It's a two fold trick for the game's micro transaction system. Not only is it trying to get you to spend money in the first place, but it's a shitty gambling system where what comes from the crate is 100% random and extremely likely to be worth a fraction of the price of the key you bought. The only reason anyone opens crates is because it's the only way to get super rare bullshit items with out spending 200 dollars, but by the time you get one you'll have spent 200 dollars on the keys with how many crates you need to open.

Don't forget ebin streamer reactions, user. It's why they updated the gambling animation with a slot machine-like feel.

Real creative there sperglord.

time to leave, redditards

Dota was killed after 6.83

It's time to move on user, I know it's hard, but once those 2 new LoL champs get shoved in the game, it will finally be buried and done. Valve killed Dota like they did TF2.

wew

To be fair Dota is very addicting and that addiction lasts a long time.

Tell me more.

Dota has a lot of fun and interesting ideas for heroes. Too bad they're trapped in that skinner trap of a game. Someone needs to copy and paste shit like invoker into an RPG.

Everything outside the heroes is cancer though and they've been dumbing it down hard over the years. I still can't believe at one point TP scrolls cost 125 gold and are now down to 50. I've been trying to quit this garbage for years. I don't even have fun anymore, but I always relapse the same way. Either bored out of my fucking mind and quitting games on my backlog 20 minutes in or stressed out as fuck and need a break, where nothing distracts me.

I only play the fucking RTS heroes now like Meepo, Chen and Brood. It made me want to try out other RTS' but theres always something missing. I guess it's the idea that people have been doing the same thing the last 15 years over and over again and there will never be a balancing patch or the community is so small that you will either be playing against total shitstains or the top 10% of players.

The only game that really acted as a substitute was spellforce. I was thinking of trying out WC3 to, but everytime I watch someone else play the game theres always a map hacker. I mentioned this in another thread and people will say "I never experienced them", but usually there are high level meta things that give it away. Shit like, "Oh they're building a counter this early in, how did they know my strat", "How did they find my base" that I doubt those people picked up on.

This is your brain on assfaggots

They're adding a furry character and another one that looks like tinker bell. Though, the art style is what really gives it a way. Dota's fan base is mostly Chinese players now (NA servers are almost dead without Peruvian retards) and valve has to constantly pander to the Chinese fans with item sets that look Chinese, or making a Chinese hero, (Monkey king) Which was their first "original" dota hero. (Valve can't make anything original, they have made all of their money by turning mods (Dota was a mod) into loot crate whores.

Anyway, the heroes look like League champs for a few reasons. One, China dosen't like gruesome looking heroes. Valve actually had to change a hero entirely (Skeleton King) and it wasn't because of copyright with blizzard, it was because the hero was too gruesome looking for the Chinese. The Chinese did the same thing with their own version of WoW.

Another is no one at valve has a clue to make dota what it used to be. They're currently panicing and forced to pick up the new players (little kids) so they're going to make more "cute" looking heroes for new players( kids). They've also dumbed down the game and added the gold comeback mechanic in 6.83 which effectively imo was the last straw.

I know that feel. Anytime I think about playing Dota I just hop into an arcade overwatch game and get it out of my system. Anytime I play a ranked game for 45 minutes it's nothing but torture. Honestly, people are addicted to Dota for all the wrong reasons, I've never really seen anyone actually have fun playing it unless they're with friends. (and friendships dont last long in dota)

Valve largely won't care so long as the compendium brings in 60 million a year and the finals go to 5 games of 60 minutes each.

I still can't get over how retarded the new lion looks. The old one (fat ugly jewish) just looked fucking evil.

The only time I have fun is if I play Chen and get to mess with the different creep combinations the game throws at me and rape for the first 20 minutes. It's fun because the creeps are random and you have to improvise/think on your feet. I also occasionally find a use for one of the small useless crepes like the kobold forman which makes it interesting.

Then at the 20 minute mark my team just sits and afk farms because they're too big of pussies to end the game when we have a gigantic gold+map control advantage and we get outcarried because all I can really do is use auras and send people back.

Finals are usually garbage though. The only good TI final was TI3.

The playerbase has completely changed now. The game is unrecognizable for me, the players remind me of players from either Smite or LoL. Reddit and Peruvian mongrels have taken over and it's so fucking pathetic. Every game I played there's at least 1 jungler (usually LC or BS) (like smite and League). When I played the game just a year ago none of that shit was happening. I'm glad the game turned to shit though, I would like to see valve crash and burn for all the shit they've pulled.

Here's the 2 new heroes btw.

Puss in boots for the furry faggots and 12 year olds, and tinker bell for more 12 year olds.

The game has already dropped 15% players in the last 2 months. I really hope this new update seals the coffin.

They wanted to make jungler a viable role outside of enigma and a few others, so they copied how league does it.
They even went as far as to come up with their own casual shit like wells. And shit that makes it easier to juke ganks like Fairie fires and Raindrops. Bounty runes in the middle of the fucking jungle (FUCKING 4 ON THE MAP EVERY 2 MINUTES)

Yeah I remember seeing that in a trailer. All I can deduce is puss n boots disables passives. At this point I'm thinking of just making a game mode where you play as Chen and have to micro like a madman, although I also don't want to feed valve any content.

Only problem with that is jungle exp and gold got cut to shit, so having a jungler gimps you, when you could have done something cheesy like dual mid or tri lane offlane.

now its a bullshit roamer meta

You name Smite as a game that has a jungler, but the map in Smite is so small and the lanes so close together, and so few farm camps exist, that the "jungler" is mostly just a laner who every now and again leaves to kill a neutral camp. A constant complaint about the map is that by its very design it kills any chance of a character being able to level purely or even mostly in the jungle.

Fucking WEW

Players dropped becasue matchmaking takes up to 5-8 minutes and it dont even match you good.

go to sleep shillroth

You don't have to pay anything to play dota, and there are no pay to win elements. So I'm not sure why people are crying about cosmetics and how it's a "skinner box" when none of that makes sense.

Redditards go back

If this isn't bait:

Games based upon skins will always be cancer because skins become the developers priority. Even the fucking modding community, something Valve use to be a king of in the HL2 days, is dead. Which is painfully ironic considering dota itself was a mod. Anyone who makes content for dota now makes skins and puts them on the workshop to be added to valves skin monopoly. Seriously. Go look at the arcade. All the custom game modes are either: the one valve made, the same 6-7 shit meme games, or have been dead since 2015 because the gamemodes break every update.

There's also absolutely no soul in the game. It's literally just MLG edgelord shit. At first it seemed like they attempted to do some world building. Adding flavor text to skins, decent art style, interworking backstories. They threw all that shit out. Now it's literally just obnoxious bling and meta shit. It's so bad it's effecting the actual game itself. All the casual shit was added so tournament games will last an hour instead of 20 minutes.

If it is bait though, it's not like it matters. I basically gave up on this place once people started unironically shilling dishonored as a better game than thief.

God, I'd love a singleplayer RPG with character from MOBAs. They'd make much better characters that the vague tank/stealth/spells that are all you get nowadays.

Who the fuck is that last one?

Extremly rare. Cant you read

That got a chuckle out of me.

Sword and board, without horse, so I can only hazard a guess that it's Dragon Knight.

who is the only hero in the game that uses a sword and shield on foot user?

Oh I see. It's the 'take someone with an iconic look and make a skin that doesn't look like them' thing

shit game

Why did you even bother making this thread? You knew exactly what was going or did you imagine this time was magically going to be different? I don't get it.

There's always 5-6 user's who filter out all the shit posters and actually discuss how truly garbage these games are.

Hello I'm Jake and I have been with this community for a while.. I recently came under a financial crisis that resulted in me losing my ability to work and now I'm in medical debt… I was wondering if anyone in the community can help me out..? I'm really desperate and well just need some advice/companionship. I do have my parents, they are big help. So in that aspect im greatful, but we are not wealthy by for means.. if you can help/donate in any way that be so appreciated and thank you so much god bless.

bitcoin wallet: 1B

Hello I'm Jake and I have been with this community for a while.. I recently came under a financial crisis that resulted in me losing my ability to work and now I'm in medical debt… I was wondering if anyone in the community can help me out..? I'm really desperate and well just need some advice/companionship. I do have my parents, they are big help. So in that aspect im greatful, but we are not wealthy by for means.. if you can help/donate in any way that be so appreciated and thank you so much god bless.

bitcoin wallet:

1BDt7mjgu7gQpHcMsXGaPWJDeHtkGt5zi7

ethereum wallet:

0x95c4756213f0F2f37EFE4a1A67E528BACF1AB013

bitcoin wallet:
1BDt7mjgu7gQpHcMsXGaPWJDeHtkGt5zi7

ethereum wallet:
0x95c4756213f0F2f37EFE4a1A67E528BACF1AB013

Valve fired all their good guys and now only hires faggots. Valve was not always this gay, their writing was pretty dark actually. And if it wasn't for the game testers bitching it would be a lot darker. From what I heard Portal 2 was also supposed to be a darker game but those voice actors were not okay with the lines they were given.

If you look at the new heroes they are all gay compared to the old ones. You can die some horrible deaths in dota, but not wit the new guys. Techies just blows you up, Underloard kills you with his lame ass right clicks and monkey king + arc don't do anything nasty either.

Compare that to the older Dota heroes, like Lion. His ulti turns sour skin inside out, how painful is that? Brood infests you with her spiderlings. Imagine you got dozen spiders inside you that eat you up. Shadow Fiend steals your soul and uses it to attack your friends. Bane kills you with your nightmares. Those are some pretty nasty ways to die.

Asians in general are very bad, I wouldn't say that people from the Philippines are worse than the people around them. And yes, they are a special kind of retard. They all act like total fools, building stupid items, not playing properly, always throwing the match. It's total cancer.

These Asians are shit because they throw matches. Arabs and Africans are bad because they are dump as fuck, to stupid to read patch notes because they don't speak english. Eastern european are basically the same, don't speak english and therefore can't read tutorials and shit. Russians are not that bad since they have access to a lot of tutorials and guides in their language but they rage and throw matches fast. And the spanish speaking crowd is just lazy and retarded.

I remember briefly playing with them. It was always the same thing. They would play like a fucking bot or just suicidally charging into the enemy team 1v3-5, then flaming the closest person to them for not dying with them. They would also rage at anything, ranging from shit that was physically impossible from them playing so bad it actually fucks you over but they still get mad at you (blocking hooks for example). I'd honestly rather take Mexicans.

But why

I don't know what you mean, the previous threads weren't that bad.

That's how they are, you have to learn how to play around it. That's why they say russians always play aggressiv. It's the same in cs:go, they know no other tactic then to brutally rush into the enemy. And to be honest, I prefer this over farming 24/7. As a support player I like buying wards and then roaming and destroying the junglers enemy.

There is no way to play around a dude who literally tower dives with no means to kill the enemy other than picking meepo and putting the whole team on your back.

but we already have a LOL thread OP

I usually stack up on wards. I don't place them at rune spots. I wait for my team to get level 6 + one big item, then I ward the entire enemy jungle. This way we can see the entire enemy team and I can ping solo enemies so me and my team can kill them. And if your carry want's to fight 1vs5 you better follow him and make the other 3 guys follow too.

That said, it's a total bitch to coordinate a random team, especially if you consider that most of the dota community is retarded as fuck.

Except for the part where we agreed there was nothing to discuss and making a new thread was just shitposting, yeah

Quitting this shit probably was the best decision of my life, being stuck with 4 strangers for 50 minutes and depending on their constant attention and skill to win is not only ridiculous, but a mental torture

rolling in a shit thread

That's mostly because you're in the shit bracket playing with arrogant asshats who's ego doesn't permit them to play support. Nobody wants to support in this game, and if they can avoid it by picking a jungler, they will.

I wouldn't say that, I didn't visit the TI threads because I hate the pro scene but those threads were very popular. Cycling thread, I don't know if it was pinned but I remember it being always on top of the catalog. People couldn't shut up about the pro scene back then.

That said, a few things have changed. A lot of dota theories are now confirmed. Hidden pool exists, if get reported a lot valve throws you into matches with ragers and other dipshits. Your enemy team plays perfectly normal while you have a bunch of tilted faggots in your team. This is why I want region lock by the way. I only want white people in my team, preferable western, like people from the UK.

It never stops, especially in the EU. You americans don't even know how lucky you are, 5k in EU servers is like 3k in NA. In europe your mmr doesn't matter, our 5k's are as bad as your 3k's.

Played this game way too much, but now I'm falling into the addiction of deadgaems and nostalgia games instead of playing the new good shit.

The best games of competitive Dota are ironically the ones that aren't finals, usually they're in the losers bracket because those teams have something to prove.

I stopped giving a shit about solo queue as soon as my MMR hit 5k then dropped to 4.4k. Could only play with friends until they all turned into WoWvanillafags and dropped Dota like the abortion that it is. If you're not playing with five you're wasting your time, hard part is there's so few human players left that you might as well play something else.

Dota isn't a game anymore, it's an economic platform disguised as a game. It is, by design, conceived as a means of encouraging gambling, streaming for revenue, and conspicuous consumption at all levels. Gameplay has become increasingly casualized to increase the playerbase and streaming audience's accessibility to a difficult game, mechanics have been altered and added to shift the dynamic of play from play-execution to behaviors that lend more 'audience excitement' and literal panem et circus theatrics. Combine this with a stagnating metagame that hasn't been altered in nearly a year and you have the game in it's current state, a bloated husk of out of place cosmetics, underaged third-worlders, and stupid fucking Chinese dogs bankrolling this insanity with their currency flipping shit.

And we could've had a good game too, they just fucking blew it all in the name of the bottom line. If you play the game and enjoy it, move on. It's necrotic and dying, leave it to fester.

I got the 5k exclusively playing tard wrangler supports: Wyvern, Dazzle, Venge.

Germans and ukrainians are the worst and if they were all gassed overnight or at least denied access to internet, however, ukrainians are only on EUW and EUE

Depictions of ghosts, bones and flesh wounds.
fembusters remake is banned in Chyna

all me

I mean, I've played a lot of dota 2 in the past but it's become total cancer these days, I have no idea why it's still on my machine, I don't play it. Used to be great back in the days before blazzard got jealous and threw out legal hissyfits… remember when skeleton king was in the game? Not only that but remember when mortal strike had an active component? Good times, but now….. it's all flashy skinnerbox crap. I still watch some games in the internationals, but that's about it… even though I wish they would drop what's her tits Sky(e)? from the announcer role because she's not funny or entertaining and always comes off as awkward.
t. 2110 hours, most of them years ago.