Evil Within 2

So, what do you expect of the game, Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

go.twitch.tv/videos/181333922
steamcommunity.com/app/601430/discussions/0/1484358860938094854/
steamcommunity.com/app/601430/discussions/0/1484358860938307495/
steamcommunity.com/app/601430/discussions/0/1484358860938566015/
skidrowgamesreloaded.com/middle-earth-shadow-of-war-codex/
dsogaming.com/news/middle-earth-shadow-war-now-available-uses-denuvo-anti-tamper-tech/
dsogaming.com/news/evil-within-2-gets-launch-trailer-will-not-using-denuvo/
exhentai.org/g/551359/489a490dbb/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You can stop being so frustrated, the game comes out tomorrow on friday 13. That's why i made this thread.

Bugs.
Also hopefully some of that potential of the early parts of the first game before everything goes to shit with scripted annoying setpieces.

The game is made by Tango Gameworks, you fucking shitposter autist.

Now check these

Fuck, 99

Nobody gives a fuck about your tiple A garbage that will be nothing but a TPS with upgrades and jumpscares with shit enemy.

Fix this board already Chodemonkey

To be honest, not a whole lot. They are embracing the open world meme and trying to throw in some loot and a crafting system. The bosses shown off so far look like they basically play off the same and the pacing doesn't look right for those fights as they are often right on your ass only giving you a moment to turn, shoot, and run. The atmosphere seems to have a lot of blue filter on it for some reason and both the antagonists look pretty lame.

I also don't like how they made the main character more """relatable""" by having him cuss every five seconds or lose his temper left and right.

I'm still going to pirate it and hopefully the dunevo gets removed fast, but at the moment it really just doesn't look good.

It will be cracked day one especially with Codex on boatd now.
Its a fucking non issue if you don't buy games

This is truly terrifying.

I expect more of the same as the first. A good horror game with some really good segments and ideas, but overall nothing too incredible. 7 or 8/10

It'll be like The Evil Within- boring, slow, tedious, an over-reliance on traps, and utterly failing to feel like a survival horror game. I recently played the first one, and I was severely disappointed by how lackluster it was. Also, fucking turret segments in a survival horror game. Also, no fucking ammo ever. Have fun with that shit. Shitty fucking game. Fuck.

cease and desist shilling this trash. this is like the fourth thread you have made and no one cares.

the first game overstayed its welcome by the last acts, which is a shame because there were aspects of it I liked but it didn't hold itself together well. I don't see where they could really go with a sequel

I liked that you could see her bra through her shirt when it got wet in that game tho

daily reminder Silent Hill was open world and that worked to its benefit.
Not saying open world can't be done poorly, because TEW2 certainly will

the first game overstayed its welcome by the last acts, which is a shame because there were aspects of it I liked but it didn't hold itself together well. I don't see where they could really go with a sequel

I liked that you could see her bra through her shirt when it got wet in that game tho

Appear1

Just because the game isn't a corridor doesn't mean it is open world. They should've used the term sandbox though since it's a more accurate description.

Hopefully so, even though I have little faith in it I do want to play it soon.

Though Silent Hill sort of handled it in a different manner. I feel like most games use the open world to hide the lack of level design or any real substance and just throw it in there to appear big.

Though I'm sure I'm just preaching to the choir at the moment.

The first one was pretty shit so I don't expect much from this.

Probably not anywhere good, especially considering Mikami is just a producer. The director and a lot of the leads are western.

Silent hill didn't have a SIDE QUEST feature, in which SIDE QUESTS are marked in your map in big circles, where you have to use the RADIO PHONE to HONE IN ON ERRANT SIGNALS to FIND REWARDS FOR HELPING/DOING WHATEVER

check em

Why are you dubsfags so fucking terrible at your shitposting?

I expect more of the same, the game is probably just going to look and feel like an expansion of the first game. I'm hoping for more scenarios where you feel underpowered and outgunned. The beginning of the game is great. You're ridiculously outnumbered and have to use stealth and makeshift weapons to thin the herd, but after you get the crossbow the game gets too easy and the scarcity of ammo threat is completely gone. If they rotate your weapons every so often and made most weapons temporary then that would be cool. I just hate being a walking arsenal.

why are shills son bad at hiding their kikery?

dubs

Well, isn't the series' big problem the fact that Shinji Mikami didn't want to do it in the first place? I remember someone saying that he wanted to create some sci-fi game, but, of course, Bethesda pretty much laughed going, "No. We bought your company for one specific reason. You know what that reason is. Now get to making us money." Even look at the guy's Wiki profile. He's most remembered for Resident Evil, meanwhile God Hand is forgotten and Vanquish (And, by extension, P.N.03) is mistaken as another Kamiya title.

Really? …yep, can confirm that. The guy running the show this time around is the person in charge of the visual effects for the first title. And, "according" to Mikami, the guy is suppose to have a lot of promise (But, I'm not sure if that's lip-service). Meanwhile, one writers for the story is the actor of the titular character in all of the Kiljoy sequels. So, yeah, expect this entry to can the series until it becomes a "cult hit".

they turned it into an open world Third person action game. There are even side quests that award gun parts so you can get better guns.

Ever get tired of failing repeatedly at a simple task or is this par for the course?

Way to take what little potential a series has and shove it up your ass, Bethesda.

dont worry, by doing side quests for CPL. Joeson you can get rewarded with GUN PARTS to UPGRADE A WEAPON CLASS

Open world games now are like taking a rope, unwinding it and calling it a net. There's nothing open or worldly about them.

It's shit

Goddamn bethesda, was downloading that shit.

Resident evil 5.1

Why make a thread two days from release? Are you that eager to talk about reskinned RE 4?

To sell about 4 copies and I will own one of them.

aris streamed up through chapter 3 yesterday. observations on difficulty are made in comparision with the village section of the first game.

it's essentially bethesda open world game with a horror motif and deadspace-style scares.
no enemy was even as smart or threatening as the first chainsaw guy from the previous game. there's a cool thing where a spooky lady will spawn in seemingly at random which basically acts as an improvement of the fake ruviks from the first game, but she is also dumber than the chainsaw guy. the second chapter had some really interesting ideas visually and the kind of pacing i would have wanted out of a horror game if it had any fucking enemies at all but that all basically went out the window once it got to the open world part. the open world is full of little mini dungeons and spook triggers but they lack the pacing & tension of a real level and invariably puke you back up onto the hub world.
mechanically, they seem to have gotten rid of all of the little mikami-isms that made the first game unique which leaves a fairly boilerplate post-re4 third person shooter, i.e. it's even more like the last of us now. there is a greater attempt at character development this time and they actually try to give sebastian a personality, the plot itself is much more straightforward and first 30 minutes of the game are an exposition dump/tutorial where no gameplay happens.
i remember when the original came out, a lot of people found it too hard because they were playing it wrong and didn't understand how to use matches. all the changes cater to these people and the sequel is far more straightforward & forgiving with resources. the broader audience will probably like this game but i feel like it's less interesting and less spooky overall as a result.

How many lootboxes is it going to have?

Oh boy I can't wait for some fun ole turret boss fights.

They took it down, anyone care to greentext what the video was?

It's not Resident Evil 4.5, same as the first game, so it's shit by default.

Sucks that this game seems to move even further away from the formula and caters to… I guess bethesdafags as pointed out.

Not even worth a pirate.

Just another boring over-the-shoulder action game with some lame jumpscares here and there, in other words, COMPLETE SHIT.

So long, Psycho Break.
We hardly knew thee.

From watching 2 minutes it's majoras mask/lightning returns.

It's fucking shit

>That (((boss)))

You can just tell with everything they release they dumbed this down for console kiddies and journalists. I'm going to play it on the hardest difficulty but I have a feeling aiming with a mouse will take out most of the challenge present in this game.

I hope you're not implying the first one wasn't already a casual as fuck game.

I liked Myra and the daughter when they were both dead/missing, what is it with this stupid family schlock. I'm feeling horror alright but in all the wrong ways.

I'm still pissed the mods banned that innocent user trying to protect the board from Zionmax shills

I'm not but at least some of the bosses stick out in my mind. This one looks like they took an already pretty easy game compared to other Survival Horror vidya… and made it easier.

I can sort of understand that from a story perspective since the reason everything was weak to fire was because the host of the world was traumatized after nearly burning to death. All of that other shit is pretty fucking retarded though.

It's fucking shit, just like Dishonored 2, too Westernized and it felt like they were wrapping everything up, the annoying survival and crafting gameplay shit and infinite ammo dropping enemies. Fuck this game.

Tango Gameworks is Japanese you fucking idiot, Shinji Mikami has been having problems with Bethesda, he's now on the backseat with "Executive Producer/Supervisor" in his role, John Johanas the guy who wrote the DLCs in the last game is now Director, where the fuck do you think the crafting, survival shitfest, and open world bullshit with a hub world came from?

Watched Aris play it, its pretty great

dubs thread?

Who?

it looks like i was wrong about the respawning enemies or it isn't constant at the very least. there's also a coffee machine that acts as full and recharges every 20 minutes or so. there are fucking bethesda easter eggs too like that arrow to the knee xdddd shit in nudoom

the core of the story is about losing his daughter in a fire & they still rely on the fire motif consistently. the beginning of the game consists of running into your burning house, so i think they could've justified it. all of that aside, the oki system that the matches added was weird but it set the game apart from every other not-re4 game.

part of me wonders if some of the problems with the first game are a result of tango getting (((zenimax'd))) like arkane, human head and the call of cthulhu guys. especially since mikami said a big part of the reason why he made the evil within was due to his dissatisfaction with modern horror & action games so why would he turn his last game into the most boilerplate version of that?

embed didn't work
go.twitch.tv/videos/181333922

So, is this^ legit, or was it just a kike spreading rumors?

Mods here really suck at their jobs sometimes.

It's already cracked.

Pirates wins again.

Here comes the salt from the good goys!

steamcommunity.com/app/601430/discussions/0/1484358860938094854/

steamcommunity.com/app/601430/discussions/0/1484358860938307495/

steamcommunity.com/app/601430/discussions/0/1484358860938566015/

Source?

Silent Hill isn't open world, you have no options in where to go next. Game is 100% linear.

TEW1 was reasonably difficult if you played on the highest difficulty your first time through. More than I can say for most shooters these days.

Silent Hill wasn't quit 'Open World', it was more like Deus Ex, where the world is not corridor but very linear gameplay.

You know what to expect user, you want a circle jerk of reinforcement to validate the bad purchase you already convinced yourself you are going to make. I know it, you know it. Everyone else knows it. Why even make the thread?

user you have just fallen for the illusion of an open world. A sign of a game game design flow between instances. Think about the map of silent hill. Not the ingame map but the actual explorable areas.
Now look at the map and its clear transition points where you load out of one side of a house and load in its backyard. Those are two separate instances. For the sake of convenience lets call them levels. The whole game has a much greater degree of instances thanks to areas like the school, hospital and dark worlds but on this map there are 3 specific areas. You can revisit them but you can never explore all of it seamlessly. You need to load in the next area. This along with a small draw distance they called 'fog' allowed for the illusion of an open world.

To simplify level 1 is leaving the cafe and exploring the two blocks around to find the roads collapsed and you find an access to the house on levin st. to progress. You have solved the 'puzzle' such as it is and unlocked progression. Level 1 is complete. The house is a load break to allow to save and being loading the midwich elementary area. The school is an instance itself with a collection of sub instances but completing these is level 2. Technically then level 3 would be the none dark world mdiwich but in terms of map areas you cross at the bradbury street alleyway onto south levin st. and now you are in level 3 where you explore for items and follow the bells to Balkan Church to meet Dahlia who directs the player on the critical path to the bridge out of town to level 4 to get to the hospital.

It is not an open world, Team Silent just did a very good job of hiding the level design to make you think it is but its no different than going between areas in ocarina of time and that is not open world either even with an 'overworld' map.

Gonna need sauce, I want to laugh.

Learn to fucking google.
skidrowgamesreloaded.com/middle-earth-shadow-of-war-codex/

in no fucking way was silent hill like deus ex, that's an insult to deus ex

I thought they were talking about Evil Within 2 somehow being cracked prior to release

HOL UP

Ah nice.
Thinking_emoji.png

Does this mean the new record for Denuvo getting fucked is -1?

My bad, wrong thread.

looks like it's up on TPB as well, though the uploader isn't a VIP or Trusted which is always a risk.

Can be shady too, it takes very few uploads to become VIP, if i remember correctly.

Survival Horror the only way the Japs know how to make it; very shittily.
REKT, WEEBS

As long as it's not on Id Tech, the game has a chance. Too bad the immershun faggots won't touch this, since they're perfectly content with resident evil having been turned into a walking simulator.

The chick DLC was better than the main game. Evil Within 1 had to be played in maximum stealth, to be appreciated: most faggots played it run and gun, while a single bottle was enough to kill a zombie.

The gameplay itself is a zombie

TEW2 is on IdTech 5.

>What is Alone in the Dark?
>What is F.E.A.R.?
>What is Eternal Darkness?
>What is Dead Space?
>What is Cold Fear?
>What is Nocturne?
>What is Dementium?
>What is Martion: Gothic Unification?
Although, I really do wish there was any other survival horror title currently coming out that isn't busy copying Amnesia of Lone Survivor. Despite what people may have lead themselves to believe, Silent Hills would have been an horrible Silent Hill game if P.T. is anything to go by.

the pain never leaves

DENUVO IS DEAD FAGGOTS, REJOICE THE EX SONY AUSTRIAN KIKES ARE NOW ON SUICIDE WATCH
BETHKIKE REMOVED IT AT THE LAST MINUTE AFTER SEEING SHADOW OF WAR BE CRACKED IN LESS THAN A DAY
dsogaming.com/news/middle-earth-shadow-war-now-available-uses-denuvo-anti-tamper-tech/

you'd almost think bethesda was learning.

I don't understand
Whats the issue here?
A WB PR faggot though the question or avoided it altogether was about Shadow of Mordor and not Shadow of War.

Buy my mods Holla Forums

This post and a whole thread shilling this disinfo. Another thread with fake "sued for stream sniping" clickbait shit.

Are we being raided?

Yes, we are being raided
Go back from whence you came

Of course, I love the great mods bethesda puts out! They are always made for the gamers! Wubudubazinga!

How the fuck do you expect that post to be organized to fit in with the cool crowd faggot? I read the article, it says that Shadow of War and TEV2 DO use Denuvo. Are you faggots this bad at reading comprehension?

Here have the entire paragraph fag

And Bethesda removed it
Are you dense?

What don't you understand then?
The game doesn't have Denuvo

Haven't played the rest, but these two definitely aren't survival horrors.

Also you missed System Shock 2.

Because
is fundamentally different from
If you read the shitty article you'll notice it only says that it did have Denuvo at one point in time. Now I have a crack from Codex. How did Codex crack a game that doesn't have any protection?

A shitty ass action game.

Think for a minute
Tell me why this game isn't on GOG
Post whenever you want, I understand now that you're slow of the mind.

so has anybody here besides me actually played the game yet?

Give out your opinion

I'm kinda hopeful about this tbh, I think it might be fun.
Gonna try it in the weekend.

How is it? I dont have time to check it out since I have to work for my tendies.

I hope that every game is a solid 10/10, but AAA companies find new and innovative ways to disappoint me.

Fitgirl is gonna have this released pretty shortly along with Shadow of Cuck

Game is around 30Gbs though
Decently compressed
No doubt that ruskie autist will make even smaller though

Just saw shadow on her homepage. "she" got it down to 24 gigs. Pretty impressive.

Shadow of war I mean

I don't quite understand, the article clearly says that it still has Denuvo… But what do you get for shilling this information… Do you think a few people will buy it thinking it removed Denuvo? Are you honestly this retarded?

It means Denuvo is dying as publishers are removing its service you dumbfuck.
How is this hard?
Am I on Cuckchan right now?
Fuck, might as well be, its been fucking trash since late 2015

Some user actually posted an article stating the Denuvo was removed in the other thread.
I'm assuming it's the same autist in every thread posting the link to an article that states the opposite of what he's saying.

I missed quite a few because I also remembered that there's Curse: The Eye of Isis, Cursed Mountain, Obscure, and ZombiU.

Hi faggot
This board is fucking hopeless

Quite possibly the most boring game I've watched. Everything is so bland and predictable. Nothing is properly explained because of "muh simulation". On top of that you a "muh art" villain to make for a double whammy of bore.

your containment thread is the other way

I gave out everything you needed you cuckchan newfag.
Not my fault you're a retard

I'm right where I belong
You however…
>>>/cuckchan/

can i have the sauce please, mister?

Nothing really, not interested in it all. The last game wasn't scary when you learned that you could take no fall damage.

Hopefully a game that actually works and doesn't crash every ten minutes.

Reverse image search

It will still be shit though

exhentai.org/g/551359/489a490dbb/

Reverse image search doesn't work unless it's a full page

Why would they be on suicide watch? They already got paid.

Thank you.

Nope, stay retarded

Multi service image search then

Not in the near future

If kikes were worried about selling a defective product they wouldn't be kikes would they?

Can't sell if goys people don't buy
Thats whats happening here

Man oh man sure am glad that brought me somewhere I can see the original doujin and not the fucking reaction image 20 times.

Ah yes but the secret was everyone didn't acknowledge it was shit until now. Now Bethseda of all people have bailed on them.

What the fuck is up with the story in these games? They still haven't explained what the fuck happened in the first one and according to the DLCs, Kidman fucked over Mobius, so why is she still working for them? Did anything resembling a coherent thought go into this plot?

Either way the problem isn't the game being "Western". The problem is Bethesda.

Here's your multi-service search engine result. It's almost as if searching for one panel from a doujin page doesn't work.

Answer: shovelware.

I fucking hated how disorienting the first game was with all the constant jumps. It wasn't even scary, just a huge clusterfuck that never gives you any time to explore things properly and pace yourself. Resident Evil 4 had great pacing, switching between tense action and quiet moments of exploration where you could gather resources, hunt for treasure, organizer your inventory and reload your guns.

Also, the stealth was annoying as fuck and added nothing to the game other than to making everything grind down to a crawl as you were forced to suffer through the shitty mechanics. And then guns were extremely unsatisfying to use, in some cases downright frustrating.

You can open up the map gradually and still have an open world game. Otherwise you're cornering every game into being GTA, with instances for scripted missions.

Artist looks like Uno Makoto / Marumiya

I already knew and posted the source here.

It's Mama Tama by Ozone. Just hate faggots who scream about revere image searching a fucking panel.

The incestuous brother hijacked the body of the albino autist and escaped the machine. As for Kidman her DLC was about her letting go of the fear she holds for Mobious. They don't actually know she has "turned", as seen at the end where she gives orders to leave her two partners in the tanks as they are "dead".

Do you faggots even play video games? You're gonna call this bait, but I don't even give a fuck. TEW was excellent, and TEW2 might be good as welll; it hasn't even fucking released yet. You faggots circlejerk shit exactly like Reddit, and dissenting opinions get shouted down. If you had an actual point to not liking the fucking game, fine, but >Bethesda is not a valid point.

read thread. You can pirate it already

TEW was a shitty RE4 clone that fails to realize why RE4 was great.

Finally got the time to watch and here are my thoughts (And, I should mention that I have no idea as the the context of anything since I haven't really cared to pay attention to this game, nor have I played the first):

those are all set pieces from the game

which means as a horror game, I'm hopeful this will fulfill its purpose in giving me cool albeit maybe cheesy characters with amazing mind bending set pieces and grotesque characters

Anyone have a chance to play it yet?

why is shill thread still up? why is ops direct embed to kikethesda not replaced with webm?

Not too many reports because the board has been pretty shit most likely.
Also, OP is a cuckchan crossposter

(checked)
thing is, I got banned for "shitting up" this shitty thread even though a just a few months ago shitposting and eventual bumplock would happen to threads like this.
That's almost half the board now since September. Something happened to cause this giant wave of crossposters to come here.

God you are a lying fucking nigger you know that?

In case anybody is still interested in taking a look, demdy is streaming this right now.
It's shit

Why would you want to play this in the first place?

Is there a torrent yet? I am trying to find it because I am morbidly curious.

not him, but RE7 has taught me to play games instead of assuming they are shit from watching the gameplay. Mind you in most usually watching the gameplay will show you all you need to know, but that one surprised me so I'm willing to try shit I'm interested even if it looks like complete shit before writing it off completely.

nu/v/ in a nutshell

Kill yourself
I've played NuDoom, NuFensteinand NuPrey after pirating two were mediocre and the other was average.
Theres nothing to them for mass appeal and this one will be the same.

August actually, I think it was Mark leaking Sonic Mania.

God you are a lying fucking nigger you know that?

The game sucks because people have objectively viewed the gameplay and decided its shit.

dub

Now that's a good ass joke, my melanin enriched friend.

Was the average one prey? I thought it was ok. Until it was ruined by the fucking forced diversity and making the forced transsexual in one side mission look like an angel.

It sounds like you just have shit taste, faggot.

is joseph oda alive in this one
thats all i care about
hes cute
i dont give a shit about the loli give me ODA-SAN

RE4 is a shit RE game but is still a top tier game

Yeah, it was more complex than I was expecting but it still lacked in the core mechanics and enemy variety plus all you said, the twist ending is also garbage.

Is it just me or is this game more poorly optimized than the first? At certain times I'll get 60 fps, but most of the times it's having trouble running at 30.

To be NOTHING like the debut trailer
Haha

eh, fuck it. Even without the performance issues it still just isn't fun. The stealth is worse than the first game (amazing that they managed that), the hitboxes on the shooting are off, the atmosphere can range from good to boring as fuck, and the main bad guys really ruin any sense of tension. Seriously, just look at this guy. This is the guy who's supposed to fill you with horror and dread right off the bat. About the best that I can give it is that the theme that plays during one of Stefano's murder scenes is really good.. but that's it.

Also, I like how their idea for making Sebastian more "relatable" was by just making him a dick who's dialogue is just being an unlikable, bitter asshole.

I wish I wasn't as disappointed as I am.

The trailer is nothing but CUM POWERS.

It looks like a body wash commercial.

Garnier - because you're worth it…

Are those not practically the same things?

Mediocre is below average

They're learning their lessons from Hollywood well. I loathe this modern trend of making every character into a miserable, unlikeable cunt. Fuck Breaking Bad and every show like it, I just want my escapism free of the kind of assholes I meet on a daily basis.

Well, I thought the characters were likable enough…

Breaking Bad's stars were criminals so they had to make everyone ELSE a piece of shit so you'd root for the correct people. You ended up with a show about two cool guys manufacturing drugs, surrounded by a cast that is otherwise 100% concentrated shit. Retarded son, stupid bitch wife, stupid asshole neighbors, Walter's friend being a dickhole to his insufferable wife, Jesse's friends being wastes of oxygen, the other drug dealers and Walter's employers being assholes who want to kill everyone they meet, etc. They had to paint LITERALLY EVERYONE except Walter and Jesse as worse people than Walter and Jesse because they were the protagonist but also arguably bad people.

I suppose you're right.

You're right but it doesnt take away from the fact that they were always going to be criminals because of the nature of the show itself. Expecting anything else was silly. Plus it was extremely well written and avoided the cancer of going on for way too long.
Skylar did nothing wrong

Why is this movie interrupted by interactive parts? I don't understand!!!11

I thought he meant Gretchen and Elliot. It's implied that Walter was going to fuck her when they were lab partners and she turned him down, so that's why he left Grey Matter and basically got cuckolded by Elliot, and also why he flat out dropped a FUCK YOU to her in the first or second season. He basically threw his chemistry career away over it

Man, it's almost like the stupid is a tangible substance today.

I played the Evil Within. I tried it again 2 years later or so with open mind and failed to finish cause it's garbage. I tried Evil Within 2 even though I can tell by watching a few minutes of footage that it's even worse garbage. Phoned in with western gaming conventions in a Lightning Returns/Majoras Mask aka lets make some money on these assets and engine shit we have.

I "played" about 15 minutes and can confirm it's that bad.

I'm trying to realise why RE4 was so great and all I can see is the carrot on a stick as you play pinata with some Spanish homies. Really, what is good about that game? It's ugly as fuck, linear filled with lots of nothing, barrels to stab and shit parts. Some nice animations when you hit enemies but that's the best I can say. Some people are easily fooled.

I've knew it was shit for years now. When I played it on PC in 2006 or so I thought it was the best game ever.

On chapter 4 right now. tbh I'm kinda enjoying it. Though i do enjoy RE4 clones like Dead Space an Alan Wake, so I am a sucker for these types of games. So far i'm liking it better than the first game.
He annoyed me so much in the first game, he felt like he was bored by all the crazy shit happening around him.
I guess this could also be a negative, because it seems you have to run quite far away to escape it. Also does anyone know if there's a way to defeate it? Or is running away the only option at the moment?
An open world small town actually works together quite nicely for a game like this.I just wish they didn't shove some of the dumb objectives down your throat. I can explore without needed to be told to explore.
First game seemed too afraid to use the dreamlike stuff, so far they've stepped it up in this game. Not as much as I hoped though.

do you think the game would work if i were to play it with all the waypoints & hud clutter turned off or would it just be frustrating? i hate that sort of shit in any game but it feels like it'd completely kill all the atmosphere in a horror game especially.

it seems like they tried really hard to retard-proof it this time after so many people failed to understand the gameplay loop of the first game and just tried to shootman everything until they were depleted of resources and gave up.

hopefully they at least left in the invisible guys. they were one of the best parts of the first game.

Why is there a giant, blowing cheerio in the sky?

Okay so just fought the first two bosses they were pretty close together. First was pretty decent, better than any of the awful bosses in the first game by a mile. Second was confusing, I don't know if it's even possible to kill him before the time limit is up. Kinda hoping it is so i can try and do it, if i play through this again.

Honestly it'd probably be better, luckily they do allow most of the shit to be turned off under the General/HUD settings. Since the games kinda broken up into different smaller areas they're pretty easy to explore so you don't really need the markers at all, just open up your map and explore the areas you haven't been to before.

It's a giant floating tentacle camera eye.

Enjoy your walking simulator RE7

what can i do for 2 hours?

RE7 is a masterpiece, don't you fucking dare starting it. Its a best horror game made in 21 century. RE4 is the meme one.

RE4 isn't a horror game though.

Video games? Or just fuck off to 8ch's IRC.

Resident Evil 7 is only a walking simulator for the first 30 minutes. The rest of the time, it's at least attempting to be more like the early games.

From what I've seen of this game, it's even more of a walking simulator when it's not being a Last of Us knockoff.

9/10 kinda spooky

Anyone have a webm of Jesse Cox autistically screeching about this very thing in totalbiscuit's shitty podcast?

I don't understand how a 40+ yo hardcore parkore "gamer" saw "survival horror" & "Shinji Mikami", and thought "clearly the best course of action is to go in guns blazing and try to kill everything"

I have them all off and it's fine. The communicator you get can lock onto where you need to go and there's a visual of how many metres you are from the point.

I don't mind the crafting since theoretically it's like holding onto spare ammo for later on. I hated in the first one the ammo limit so I would have full ammo for every gun and then go through areas where I couldn't pick up any ammo drops.
First time I heard this I thought they were going to be in the main plot but they're just for talking to shmoes about useless shit so I don't mind.

This game is much better than the first one. It knows what it wants to be and is consistent in both gameplay and plot. Biggest problem I had with the first one was you had no idea what was going on and no reason to care.

lol

This must be a joke at the first game where the letterboxing had to be patched out because of how much everyone hated it

It's pretty obvious a dig at the stupid letterboxing before.

Why do I think I've seen this exact post before?

They could've just easily made it to where you can carry more ammo at the start of the game than this dumb forced crafting thing. Nothings more annoying than having to run back to the nearest crafting bench and make more ammo because you didn't make/have enough before. Kills the flow of the game at times.

Yeah but just like the crafting it feels unnecessary and can really kill the vibe and immersion. One second I'm gunning down spooks and next minute I'm clicking dialogue options that feel like they're from a different game. They should've just gave you the fluff info in the cutscenes they introduce people in or just have it to where you press E and it automatically ask a fluff question.

Yeah. Still haven't beaten it yet, but overall this game improves on so much shit that the few annoying things they added don't effect my experience too much.

I don't know, but they say that deja vu can be a sign of having a brain tumor. Maybe you should get that checked out, user.

I play this game with a heavy emphasis on stealth (the enemies are quite dumb and lose interest in you really quickly, so it's really easy to cheese their AI), and I very rarely have to craft ammo. I play on Survival, though, I bet on Nightmare the bosses are much more bullet spongey. Speaking of ammo, it was quite hilarious how by the time I got the final sniper rifle ammo pouch, I found a grand total of 2 or 3 sniper rifle ammo pick ups in the world (plus one from a locker). I basically had to craft 90% of my used sniper ammunition.

Also, I am currently on finale, the final chapter. They did some cool shit with it.

Finished it.

Wait, who/what was that singing ghost lady again? I thought it was Myra, but it's not. I'm pretty sure i combed the game too thoroughly to miss simple explanation or handwave about that shit.

25 words for shitty bait, you get a (You) for effort

There is no definite explanation, but it's probably his PTSD/conscience back from Beacon chasing him. Of course, it disappears permanently once Sebastian confronts his demons.

does this one is also made with that retarded engine thats take your HDD space?

I'm liking it a lot more than the first one so far. The story appears to be fairly generic RE-tier stuff that's pretty serviceable for what the game is trying to do. The visuals are nice if a little bland, with some underwhelming lighting effects in the town itself, but maybe because I'm running everything on medium it isn't really astounding?

I'm just enjoying the core gameplay more. It doesn't feel as disconnected and linear as the first and is definitely more rewarding with the exploration.

That said a few things bug me: there have been some weird glitches with Sebastian randomly being janked into or on top of something in the environment that luckily I could navigate off of. And the cover system feels sort of half-baked with an odd method of moving/changing cover. Also, there have been a few times when I've attempted to sneak kill someone from around the corner only to have the game not like the position/distance I was from the enemy and either alert them or not give me the prompt at all.

Overall enjoying it and when it goes on sale (and hopefully with some half decent added content) I'll pick it up.

Damn this game is bad. Really, really fucking bad.
It's insulting. What the fuck were they thinking?

Come back after you've finished. Also for this statement alone you should fuck off. Obvious casualfag.

The shills are funny though. They are having a rough time trying to defend this garbage.

I've finished it. It's mediocre, but better than the first one.

just played this piece of shit "game" at my normalfag friend's house. god damn it was horrible

How did the normalfag affect the experience?

I just found a Vaultboy bobblehead. I can't go on. Dishonored mask and gay mecha from Wolfenstein was more then enough, this shit is "product placement" not "easter egg".

There was a rocket launcher from Quake that played the quad damage sound when you picked it up. They really went on-the-nose with their collectibles.

It is a glorious shitshow though, Chain Shooting minigame is better rest of the damn thing.

Also a doomguy (from NuDoom) figure. It played the Doom theme. I dunno what the mug is supposed to be, probably some bethshit published game that I am unaware of.

The intro of the game is great. And then it turns into your "modern triple a" game of a shit contrived story, mindless looting and crafting, side quests, menial tasks. It's just pure cancer. On top of that "nightmare" difficulty isn't that hard, just annoying because the AI is casual shit. Just an abysmal game. Could have been great too with that engine.

Euthanize everyone involved with bethesda

I like it's from nuPrey

Doom guy doesn't offend me as much as ESO circle. They think this game is good enough to consider successful and praise it in form of easter egg. Next TES is going to be shit if that so.

The biggest problem I figured is it just couldn't nail… as best as I can describe "Alien to Aliens transititon"; the mysterious is no longer mysterious and we have soliders with half-an-idea what they are doing".

Well, if you ever need letterboxing again for that "cinematic" EW2 experience… you get it as one of the rewards for beating the game. Devs must have felt pretty :^) while adding that.

Yep. Graphics and sound are well done, but the gameplay itself was less convincing. The stealth mechanic was clunkily implemented - instead of waiting for awkward prompts, it's easier to just quickly duck in and out of cover. Played without training wheels (no auto aim) and gun play was serviceable but generic. Kinda missed the matches from EW1, there was something oddly satisfying about burning the downed to make sure they stayed down. Especially when hitting multiples with a single match.

As for the psychos, the first one (and its creations) was the best imo, game went creatively downhill, slow but steady, after that. Oh, and we're never going to see the end of giant boss enemies with large, glowing orbs to shoot for massive damage are we.

Yep again. I guess I'm one of the few who liked the original game's fragmented storytelling. It felt like being in a bad dream from which one needed to escape, all the while puzzling the pieces together and finding out how the devs were going to explain the featured events. The game gives you this goal without explicitly mentioning it. Here however, there's nothing to puzzle together, the game spits out the main objective (muh family) during the first cutscene and doesn't diverge from it one inch. And because everything is so clear from the onset, there's nothing to be scared of, which is a bit unconventional for a horror themed game. But yeah, from wikipedia I gather that the writers intended to make the plot "easier to digest". Mission fucking complete I guess.

Then again, imho the plot of EW already died when DLC introduced the Agents from The Matr- sorry the Illumina- oops I mean "Mobius". Ah, the Evil World Controlling Organisation, how little used of a plot device thou art… the open ending of the main game was fine. Should have left it that way.

Yep, this sidequest can eat a bag of dicks. Been enjoying the game quite a bit, but this whole area is just an endless series of dickpunches. You know what I'm talking about.

Sykes?

At least it only happens once. I'm still confused about how you save the woman at the start of the game and she never shows up again or was even somewhat important.

I didn't mind this since the "mystery" in the first game is fucking retarded and I gave no shits about any of the plot that happened.

At least I have a loli daughteru to save in the sequel

I just used the Sniper as a binoculars.

She got out, didnt' she?

She's dead, Jim.

Everyone dies except for the protagonist and his daughter

and Kidman

RIP Sykes, you were a stereotypical niggerhacker, but at least you were tolerable.

some cringe "Too deep for your" shit.

cringe

You good goys never learn.

Wow, are the controls that dog shit, the player that shit at aiming, or am i forgetting how horrible controllers are for shooting. There are so many shoots he should not have been missing.

It was an alright boss. I guess my standards are just really low after seeing so many no effort end boss battle.

Hold on.
At the end of The Consequence Myra shows up as a Mobius scientist/exec/important person. However, if I'm not mistaken, in TEW2, she's been trapped in STEM all along to protect the daughter, what'serherface. Did I miss something or have they messed up?
Also, a big plot point in 1 was Ruviks/Rubens breakthroughs regarding the STEM system, particularly a way to connect new hosts wirelessly to it. They managed to retain his modified system by cutting him to pieces and putting his organs in tubes, but after the events of 1, is it lost forever? If so, where do all the haunted in 2 come from?
Also, in a secret letter from the DLC, Ruvik/Ruben states that he found a way to transplant parts of his consciousness onto other hosts regardless of their compatibility, meaning he doesn't need somebody like Leslie to re-assemble himself. Does he come back in 2?

Myra is not trapped in Union any more than Seb is. She is a part of Mobius, but works to undermine it from the inside. Her main motivation for working with Mobius is to protect Lily, who they penned as a Core candidate years ago. She entered Union in order to extract Lily's consciousness, after which the plan is to send a wireless kill signal from inside the simulation across all of the Mobious agents (who, like the retards they are, all implanted chips into their nervous systems, which makes them very susceptible to a cyber attack).
They used Ruvik's research to build the new STEM facility, but the method of wireless connection was incomplete. That was the next stage of the project before shit went south.
Ruvik is not in TEW2. Honestly, very disappointing, it was very obvious that he escaped in Leslie's body at the end of TW1.

Honestly the biggest problem this game has is the fact that why Sebastian didn't just call Kidman and tell Mobius to kill Stefano and Theodore.

I always wondered why .

same

As is explained very early in the game, when a consciousness is inside STEM, it is separated from the body. This is why they couldn't just disconnect Lily and the Mobius operatives - their minds and bodies are disconnected.

They had so much potential with what the first game set up. It was obvious that Leslie had taken the brain of Ruvik and had become Ruvik.
Why can't the game be about Ruvik?
Stefano's a big gay.

mediocre means neither good nor bad, so, considering the current state of videogames, mediocre would be better than avergae. However, people hav ebeen using mediocre to mean poor for some time now.

100 bucks says they left everything Ruvik related for the third game.

Ruvik's probably jacking off to his sister in his own personal STEM

By then nobody who's still hanging for that plotline is even gonna care or remember this game.

geg

off topic: shinji mikami should break away from horror and make a detective noir game. similar to max payne 1 or something.

i need a spoopy game to play
i want something in the vein of FEAR aka spooks but solid gameplay too

Only game that's like FEAR is FEAR extraction point

It could have been better but I don't regret buying it. I'm sad about the low sales.

I will still care and remember, I'd do a franchise playthrough if they released a third game. People on this board are just pathetic, do you even enjoy being alive?

I just want a spooky game that has actual gameplay.
Either way remembered I have RE4 on PC, got it for free somehow and never got around to playing it.
Going to give that a go.

Are they gonna be a family now or is lily going to have to grow up without a mother?
Why did the STEM monitor turn itself back on?

The Evil Within is so misogynist, the entire goal of the game is to take a girl out of STEM.

Given what we know of the protag and Kid's relationship (teacher-student) and that they walked off in opposite directions, the latter.
Sequel/expansion bait. Made even more obvious by Kid's last shot; looking at the scar on her hand that Ruvik made.

kys carlos

6/10

So did Lily become pseudo-immortal while in STEM because she didn't age a day?

And I think she "died" in 2012 while TEW1 is set in 2014 and 2 is set in 2017. Meaning Lily should be a teenager but is still a loli

Cloning, it does the body wonders.

I must not have caught that.

the part in 1 where Ruvik scarred her hand.

I completely forgot about Ruvik scarring people

okay.
That's the one Ruvik reference in the game, a major bad guy who has been loose in the real world for 3 years now, getting stronger in the body of Leslie.

Turns out it's just as broken as the first one. Rather annoying that I wasted time on this.

So what, are you angry that Ruvik won? Is that a "mistake" in comic book stories you are used to read?

He got away with it, faggit. Thanks only to his wit and balls. Pay respects to a villain who can actually outsmart the dirty cops and torture doctors sent after him.

Finished the game recently, but it took me a while to gather my thoughts.

I never bothered wrapping the first game - I quit midway and let it languish on my HDD black bars didn't help. In light of my limited experience actually playing the game, I'd say the sequel handles a lot better. Controls are more responsive and the game treads this fine line where the general conservation of resources is made a lot more intense by the open-world aspect.

Speaking of open-world, I'd say it worked out to the game's advantage barring a few caveats e.g you can OHKO enemies playing dead by headshotting them before they trigger. Minor downsides are the terrible low-poly models everywhere the devs didn't expect you to go/look, making it so that the interiors are always consistently better (graphically) than the exteriors. On the other hand, this game has a lot of interior sequences be still on rails and the AI is damn unresponsive (on Nightmare difficulty). Many sections would benefit immensely from the same open-world approach they took in the town rather than a bare token gesture to expansive level design and how enemies would react to the player in such a setting.

For instance, take the Catacombs you get chucked into, after the protag offs the photographer dude who got obsessed with the moment of death. I'd honestly expected a bigger level, instead I got gated to a single main path with rooms on each side that dead-ended within 30 seconds of you entering them. Zero exploration as it was in the town, just go down the fucking corridor. It's even worse in the scripted scare sequences that are supposed to be 'psychological' when every fucking time it's the same back and forth bullshit even in sections that are supposed to be stealth-based (camerahead and la-la-la ghost comes to mind). Honorary mention goes to Father Theodore's church level, which, when I looked at the map seemed to be 2x bigger than the entirety of the area around the theater. Talk about a bait and switch, yeah?

The story took a turn for the worse into standard Hollywood bullshit, but I am absolutely certain a Nip wrote it because it's got those hallmark anime cliches all over it you know which ones I'm talking about. Given that I'm tempted to write it off as 10/10 Romanji, the only instance I felt engaged in the overarching drama was in the walk up to the house in the finale music helped, and the protagonist's whining about his daughter did nothing for me simply because the game didn't make me give a shit. Not really the VA's fault I think, but rather how insipid the writing was.

Not much to say about the bosses, there's three in the entire game and they go thusly -
a) Photographer dude teleports around the map chucking knives and timestopping the player while the eye that he lost flails tentacles about every time you stand too still.
b) Sleazy preacher whose fight is essentially TEW1's greatest hits
c)Giant flailing thing which you take down by hitting the highlighted spot

Overall, the game is just 'eh'. Couldn't be assed to play NG+, just looked at all the unskippable sequences that did nothing for me anymore, and I uninstalled.

I actually can't believe how much that worked. When you first see it it looks like it's a matte painting and you'd get a cutscene that would take you up to it. But you actually climb that mountain

Shit was made even better if you talked to the wheelchair nurse - her dialogue is absolutely on point. You are fighting your worst enemy, the one you love.

The fact that ESO is still running and that there are faggots who claim to be elder scrolls fans playing that utter abomination sends me into a rage.

A moniker that says nothing, since most everybody who saw a console is now a 'elder scrolls fan' just because they like to walk around in Skyrim.

Why would we?

does the enemy variety ever improve? i;m on chapter 7 and the enemies haven't changed since the first actual area. it's like if re4 only had the ganados from the intro sequence for the whole game. it's also astounding how trivial the difficulty is on nightmare. bottle are also very overpowered imo, they outclass the handgun is pretty much any situation

if it's sykes then here's the easy way i found

There are more 3-4 enemy types ahead of you.

Meant for

Isn't that a scar that people get from just being in STEM?

Uh-huh. Did you notice any other character in STEM, from the wife to the priest to the daughter, having said scar? It's only present on the people who were in the hospital along with Ruvik.

*in TEW2