Warhammertime

Will these games rejuvenate the tabletop game or take potential players away?

Other urls found in this thread:

the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
moddb.com/mods/warsword-conquest
games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer?N=2070689437 3078689690&Nr=AND(sku.siteId:US_gw,product.locale:en_US_gw)&Nrs=collection()/record[product.startDate <= 1507859220000 and product.endDate >= 1507859220000]
games-workshop.com/en-US/Grot-Warboss-Giant-Squig
games-workshop.com/en-US/Golgfag-Maneater
games-workshop.com/resources/catalog/product/600x620/99810209012_SkarsnikWarlordNEW01.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

tabletop already got killed by GW user

All they do is stop us from having good historical total war games.

but the 40k side is booming how do you mess up fantasy?

It'll rejuvenate people going to the wiki to look up lore so they don't actually have to buy anything tabletop

They discontinued Warhammer Fantasy several years ago. They replaced it with Age of Sigmar which is 40kized fantasy complete with space marines and the like

id heard of 'pre-invasion' things happening

How the fuck does tabletop even stay afloat when almost nobody buys that shit anymore? Is it a Marvel situation but instead of movies they stay alive with games?

increasing prices and dedicated fan bases
make no mistake, GW is dying a slow death, but they still have a ways to go

If they do a "restart" of 40k similar to what they did to fantasy then that'll be their final death cry
remember, GW is run by hilariously incompetent people, it's a miracle they haven't gone under before now

what was that kikestarter tabletop game that might not be shit?

Kings of War?

Neither, but at least we get some good games with some forgotten factoons and decent mechanics despite monetization kikery and dumbed down mechanics from mainline historical titles which are replaced by decent gimmicks and variety.

Can't wait for Chaos Divided/Dorfs and Tomb Kings honestly.

But AT-43 is dead

user, we're talking about tabletop games where GW is selling books for forty bucks and tiny pieces of unassembled, unpainted plastic for a monolithic amount, which the hardcore fans are happily paying. i mean, the rate of return on that shit must be in the thousands of percent, and the last time i was looking at a games shop at miniatures it was like $85 for a space marine dreadnought, and i think about $60 for an imperial guard scout squad

The horrible part is that they seem to be working towards that ever since the fall of Cadia.

Hello games workshop

No, you use the exact retarded logic games workshop uses.

These are the people who contracted Matt Ward and killed the Forge Planet Space Dorfs that gave the Imperium trouble.
40K will forever be stuck on the primordials of the 13th Dark Crusade, fuck anyone that tells you otherwise, including GW, they're just going to fuck it up.
They just did by giving the Smurfs yet another reason for self masturbation, that reason also being something that might kill lore setup since its birth.

THey literally revived a myth that is against everything that makes the Imperium we know as the Imperium.

Most valuable thing GW has is their IPs. Their IPs are worth millions. They have what's probably the most popular fantasy setting after LotR (and maybe The Elder Scrolls) and the most popular sci-fi setting after SW (and maybe Star Trek).

Yet, they still seem to think that their main product is miniatures. A shame, really.

We'll see, I hope they're right but my gut says they'll be wrong

Personally, I don't think they'll kill 40k as they killed fantasy. Fantasy was not profitable, 40k is. They won't kill it, but they'll main it, though. They are already unifiying codexs, and each new rulebook completely shakes the meta-game in order to force players to buy new units.

GW is better than you can ever imagine user

I was thinking of books, comics, games and the like. We already have the Space Marine movie and… well, lets better not talk about that, OK?

I rather have it erased from my memory.

But there are already a shittons of those nigge
They keep selling figures because its profitable, I'd rather they kike up that market than any other, 3D printing will kill them soon and once they fuckoff to another media its going to be even worse due to their incompetence.

Fuck Jewlywood. From what I've seen and heard this fan made movie is better.

heh, but you have to give credit where its due; it is the first movie in which CGI characters were superior to in every respect to real actors.

Should I just wait till its on sale and has a bitch ton of DLC like the last one?
I'm glad rats are finally getting the rep they deserve, but I don't wanna jump on this.

Wait. I got the first one in Humble Bundle Monthly for 12€. My friend had just bought it for about 45€ and the price in Steam was still around 60€.

if you can wait one or two years, wait. The game won't get worse and you'll have more mods and a thicker wallet.

it`s not out yet

If you have warhammer 1 and all or a good chunk of the dlc for that already, just wait for a discount or voucher on game 2. If you don't have anything, try to pirate, or wait for some deep discounts or gold edition type shit.

I dont get the thought process here, you discontinue a series and destroy the setting and then you have some other guys make a game about that setting. Sure Archaon was in the first game and he was part of the whole end times thing but it seems pretty stupid still.
I just hope we wont get something really stupid like "Total war: Age of sigmar".

Also where is my space marine 2? I liked that game.

Wait, the games are good but the DLC kikery and Denuvoshit make this a low cost buy if you really want that multiplayer.
Waiting will also give you the main continents in one game because I'm sure they're going to bundle all that shit together in 2019

The CGI was still shit just like the movie.
Fucking kikes, I still remember watching Starship Troopers and thinking that shit would be the standarts.
Fuck I was naive

Space Marine was garbage and killed Relic.
Fuck your shitty hybrid

Pretty much. All Geedubs is interested in doing with them right now is handing them out to shitty mobile game developers.
Which is fucking mad because anyone with any knowledge of Fantasy and 40k knows you can tell a good number of engaging stories in them.
You could have a Vietnam film with a poor Cadian-pattern regiment on some jungle world fighting sneaky orks and 'nids. An actiony "save the world," plot with a squad of inquisitorial adepts and their inquisitor and the deathwatch black shield sent to back them up. Master and Commander in space. A spy film with heretics as the protagonists. That's without even getting into the unlimited potential for vidya.
Really, Geedubs' decisions with their IP within the past few years have been abysmal compared to what they could have got done. Although I probably shouldn't use absolutes like this, as Mordheim and the L4D skaven game are apparently not too shit.

It's dead because Relic is dead.
There is an MMO set in the 40k setting with similar combat mechanics called Eternal Crusade.
But Eternal Crusade is also close to dead, last I checked.

Tabletop games in general are dead, probably for the better. Video games are objectively superior in every way.

I don't think they share the same audience. One is played with friends and strangers, the other is played alone, in your room.

Thats a laugh
Please no

Heres your (You)

The reason we got the game is GW still wanted to cash in on the IP, so they sold it for pennies to CA to go to town with.

Plus most of the stuff is still using the same cast, just renamed and marked up annother twenty bucks.

There's literally no reason to play tabletop games when video games exist.

That just makes me sad since I like the game but its so fucking laggy and takes forever to load anything its unreal.
Also relic is still alive man, they just made DoW 3. I heard it was garbage though.

That might all be true but its just not the same man, I want Skarsnik but if I can only buy not-skarsnik then I wont. Would have been a genius to let them make the game and then start advertising the figures that were in the game, maybe even lower the prices a bit.

eating a bunch of elvs with a t-rex is fun, but the new Total war games are all style and no substance.

It IS a shitty subpar game, user. I don't think I implied otherwise.
Objectively wrong. DMO, going by all videos available, would have been a tab targetting WoW-like. Or something to that description - maybe an MMORTS.
EC was trying to cash in on people's desire for Space Marine 2. Hence the way it was built; as a third person shooter.
Soon.

Alright - close to dead.
I see what you did there.

Just torrent it you fucking mongoloid jesus.

I did?

EC uses the Unreal engine.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The tabletop game is fucking dead you idiot.

They are panicking and making stupid decisions, trying to milk the IP and all their old discontinued side games. It doesn't help that they have some absolute retards writing for them.

This Warhammer stuff is such a mess for the uninitiated, I don't even care about it.

With the Primaris Marines in the newest edition along with cutting the Imperium in half due to a massive warp storm. I expect there to be some games coming out with one of those being a centerpiece.

It will rejuvenate everyone new into looking at Age of Sigmar and then saying "What the fuck is this gay shit?" and then going back to their video game.

This is why you will always be a newfag.
Bet you can't even list your favorite hentai artists by fetish you fucking normalfag.

>A combat racing game with nob bikers It is forever my pain that this will never happen because NOBODY RELATES TO ANYTHING THAT ISNT THE IMPERIUM LOL

Neither.

That happened long before Total Warhammer.

They blew up the entire fucking setting before Total Warhammer even came out. They then replaced 30 years of lore and an interesting setting with an absolute shit Stargate ripoff with fucking SPEHSS MAHREENS in it, retardedly oversimplified rules, and dumb fucking copyrightable names for basic fucking fantasy elements like dwarves and ogres.

To make matters worse, the first taste they gave anyone of it was a giant middle finger to anyone who actually liked Warhammer. 1/4th of the rules (read: 1 page. The fucking rules are only 4 pages long) were intentionally retarded rules for existing characters designed for the sole purpose of pissing off the people who owned the models for those characters. Shit like ingame advantage for having a moustache. They also killed off two of the more interesting (but also more neglected) factions entirely.

Needless to say, a lot of people were furious. One guy torched his entire army, which was fuckhuge must've cost him thousands over the years.

All british business is run by incompetent idiots.

I have to deal with them all the time. Complete morons.

Last time they tried a non-Imperium game it didn't do so well. However, that was because it was not a good game.

I've never played Fire Warrior but the footage strikes me as a shitty Lithtech game, like AvP2 but without the fun level design. Also those lore unfriendly Marines probably sealed its fate

that's kinda stupid, you could still play with those on the old rules or homebrew
but then I consider spending so much money on tabletop stupid so I might not understand it

bink bong terry

While I agree that age of sigmar sucks balls and all that, the new orcs look amazing and everyone is using them to make 40k ork nobs and warbosses.

Source?

His reasoning was that he was so fed up with GW that he was completely done with them. He wasnt going to play their game (even the old one) or use their models anymore. He was washing his hands of them entirely.

It adds up over time. I'm sure he didn't wake up one day and decide to spend thousands on plastic models. You get into it small, but then you think to yourself "I could use one of these" or "I need a few more of those" and then one day you realize you could've bought a used car instead.

To each their own. Maybe for 40K they look fine, but they're too heavily armored for Fantasy if you ask me. Orcs are savages, first and foremost. Where the fuck did they learn to make armor like that? It looks like it was made for them specifically, so they didn't scavenge it from the corpses of those they killed. The weapons are stupidly oversized as well. It feels too Warcrafty for my taste.

Video related.

that's my point and that's how GW stays afloat

What about 3D printing?
Even if they discontinued WH fantasy you could still make classic figs.
Of course it's illegal but hey, they are the ones forcing Age of Sigmar.

They were taught metal working and that's supposedly what separates them from the savage orcs.

Mate Sigmar is shit but everytime I see someone bring up the "Crazy" Rules like having a Moustache, or yelling 7 they fucking ignore that fact that they've been trying to get rid of those rules especially since Kirby is no longer CEO

Ironjaw Orcs was basically turning the Black Orc unit into an entire army, so if you think that a Fantasy unit is too heavily armoured for Fantasy then Ok

Come on mate

Irrelevant to the fact that those rules existing in the first place was fucking retarded as hell and specifically to "discourage" (read piss off) people from using the old stuff in a poorly thought out attempt to get them to spend money on the new garbage.

Black orc armor looks practical. Like they took a breastplate made by a human or dwarf and modified it to fit an orc's frame. Maybe I'm wording all of this poorly, but it's largely an issue of style and presentation. The Warhammer Black Orcs look tough and well armed but still down to earth and believeable, the Smegmar Ironjaw "Orruks" look overdesigned and ridiculous like some crap out of Warcraft. It's fucking power armor without power.

Looks like GW is cucking out and going to be making their models more inclusive. No more boob plate.

anyone know if you can get the Mortal Empires update if both of your games are pirated?

they already tried removing slannesh from fantasy. It didn't last long.

Sisters of Battle fanbase is going to be pissed.

Boobplate is one of those weird things that was stupid at first because it's totally impractical, but at this point it has become iconic of the setting/SoB so it is painful to see it go. Plus it has camp appeal, like many things in 40k.

Compared to the practical armor everyone else had before

You deserve rape

I draw the line at impractical for the sake of impracticality. Molding boobs into your armor creates a trap which causes weapon blows to deflect inwards towards the wearer's heart. There is no benefit conceivable aside from the aesthetic nod to molded breastplates from the Bronze Age.
Ever tried to shoot a Space Marine in the head from the side? It's impossible, because their shoulder pads are larger than their heads. It's not possible to shoot a Space Marine in the head unless he is facing you or you have the high ground (good luck getting the high ground when the enemy force can deploy anywhere). Their backpack protects their head from the rear. Assuming you can overcome the obvious geometric difficulties of wearing shoulder pads of that size, there is a real benefit to them. Putting aside the fact that the "real" reason they are that large is so you can paint chapter insignia on them more easily.

Fuck off.

get out of here sororislut

Sounds like you're a faggot to me

It was more the aesthetics than the practicality. Smegmar orc armor looks like shit. Sisters of Battle boobplate is unrealistic, but still looks good.

Agreed, I think it does look fairly aesthetic, but that isn't going to stop every faggot from GW to SJW from going for the impractical argument because it's technically true. I'm not actually advocating for the change, just describing the limits of my own taste as far as "practicality" goes. I prefer giant shoulderpads to boobplate.

Here you go then

How on earth does anyone get into this hobby who isn't some fortune 500 motherfucker with shit taste in figurines?

Thank you for posting this, I was starting to get worried.

GW has died a slow death for decades user. Their figurine prices were never cheap but they've also gotten more expensive over the years. The only thing keeping them alive is the non miniature revenue their IPs produce. Also, most of the people who play are like 40 year old single dudes with absolutely nothing else to spend their money on. Painting it yourself is half the appeal of the hobby and half the shekels as they sell you overpriced paints with proprietary colors.

Drag more players towards Age of Shitmar?
I would worry but fortunately people who like TW or WH just play it.

This is fucking problem.
AoS is WH40k but with less technology and with retarded lore. Let me post Sigmarines equipped with standard wooden bolters once again.

Ok now I will say something that might or might not have sense.
Sisters of Battle are since its creation feminine unit, after females were only option for military.
Having something to emphasize the fact their units are female is not that retarded considering everything in WH40k serves some symbolic religious purpose.

For specific miniatures? Buying stuff second hand.
For rest of armies? Kings of War or others and second hand. 9th Age the fan new edition of WH has section dedicated to alternative figures to use for their armies.
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
Most of it is worse deal than KoW. Still most of them are better than GW in terms of both price and quality.
Generally you should be fine for browsing ebay or whatever you have where you live and buying stuff second hand. Depending on army you don't want miniatures made for newer editions anyways.

It's not "retarded," I could even see it happening in universe. More than likely the armor was designed by someone who thought that SoB would mostly be honor guard since the Ecclesiarchy having an active private army was such a huge problem, so they gave it a ceremonial touch. Then the techpriests are far too autistic to change it because that's heretech.
I expressed my opinion shittily by making it sound like it's OK for them to remove it when really I meant its not to my personal taste

GW is a cancer that needs to die. Only reason why there hasn't been a good video game about 40k or any movie about 40k (probably though wouldn't be PC enough, so they would have to cuck it) is all because of GW.

Let another company take over and you'll start seeing good games being released and maybe even a movie.

Well my point was having boobplate is retarded by out standards. I actually agree with with everything you said.
Unrelated but now let me post Sanguinary Guard to show how much AoS is basically 40k.

Problem is no company will handle it well. Every single one will try to milk it like Disney did starwars.

Yeah, a movie is probably too far fetched. BUT, there still hasnt been a SINGLE good warhammer game fantasy or 40k. All because of the retards at GW. It has one of the best lores of all time so you don't even have to come up with a story, you just copy and paste it from a book.

Yeah I totally forgot about Dawn of War, but I'm mostly talking about non RTS. Dawn of war 1-2 and soulstorm with mods is good. They still havent made a good 3rd person or 1st person one yet.

Nigger 40k owes probably the majority of it's modern popularity to Dawn of War. You better take that back.

Space Marine was the best mashup of Gears of War and Halo with jetpacks I ever played. That said, they could do a lot better.

It was fun as hell, too bad peer to peer made it virtually unplayable.

Expect the singleplayer was complete garbage.

I guess subtle humor just doesn't work on this board sometimes. The fact that I said it was a mashup of Gears and Halo should have tipped you off.

He's specifically talking about Fantasy and how it belongs to W40K instead, chaim.

I'm sorry, it used to, especially in 2014 and early 2015.
Nowadays, not so much, the cuckchan/Reddit floods and people leaving after the kikery and tech issues have taken their tool.

The most annoying thing about this image is how her shoulder pads just seem to be escaping her body's gravitational pull.

Vermintide is fun as fuck. Mordheim, while it has it's issues, is also pretty good if you play it against a friend.

Deathwing is good after all the optimization patches and also the free content added.

Oh, they brought him back? I stopped caring when Age of Shitmar started. Getting rid of Slaneesh and replacing him with that stupid rat was the last nail in the coffin.

They are clearly intended to be floating.

Fortunately GW cannot sue everything.
moddb.com/mods/warsword-conquest
I cannot fucking wait for Bannerlord for someone to do mod for it.

games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer?N=2070689437 3078689690&Nr=AND(sku.siteId:US_gw,product.locale:en_US_gw)&Nrs=collection()/record[product.startDate <= 1507859220000 and product.endDate >= 1507859220000]

apparently, probably changed their mind after realizing 12 year olds cant buy expensive as fuck miniatures.

As far as armies go that's a negligible loss really. I mean that's a pretty shit army, mostly painted to a 12 year olds standard/primed. Christ i have bashed more warmans than that just to make fucking terrain.

You could make a solid argument about boob plate on Sisters Of Battle because they considering themselves to be daughters of the emperor and thus would want to show that they are female.

Not surprised. Hope killing Fantasy was worth it.

Fun fact, if you go look at the age of sigmar's model pictures the file names are still the originals. The "not skarsnik" model is actually labeled Skarsnik.

I still don't see how it's relevant to now as that was the decision that got Kirby demoted

Fantasy's dead, so neither.

well holy shit you're right.
games-workshop.com/en-US/Grot-Warboss-Giant-Squig

Honestly id probably buy it if I had any money but I dont.

Doesn't say Skarsnik, though it probably just changed to say that as for example Golgfag despite being a "Maneater" now is still linked as Golgfag
games-workshop.com/en-US/Golgfag-Maneater

Right click and view image, then look at the url:
>games-workshop.com/resources/catalog/product/600x620/99810209012_SkarsnikWarlordNEW01.jpg

never mind then, ignore me

except people unironically like that garbage movie

It was a good games that did 40K justice by portraying it right..

As long as your armor is thick enough, that's really irrelevant. A sword isn't going to cut trough a boobplate. You have to consider what weapons the armor is facing.

For power armor, small arms fire is something to ignore.
Plasma isn't going to be deflected, so it doesn't matter.

It's funny that in GW stores they have posters saying "You've played the game, now buy the Minitures"
While one of the first units in the game are high elf spearmen
Which cannot be bought

DoW1 and Bloodbowl

Both versions of BB are missing shit from the tabletop, so its not even a good adaptation.

they have that on the launcher too, and it just takes you to the store to buy re packaged fantasy units. they still call elves Aelves on the site though for some reason.
it all makes me think even GW is embarrassed about age of sigmar.

What is it missing?

GW has gone into overdrive making copywritable names
So we have as new names for shit we had before in 2016 and 2017, Aelves, Aeldari, Drukari, Ta'au, Orruk, and more

I've long wanted to vent my frustration about the simpletons that buy into anything Total War, how the fuck they're buying into iterations with less variation than the call of duty or battlefield franchises is beyond me. The games has no development costs and there are tonnes of bugs and DLC ails them, and only has a short span of one year development. How the fuck anyone thinks this is consumer friendly is mondboggling.

The supposed selling feature of Total Warhammer 2 is also voices as its greatest weakness (the vortex) and the balancing around it with random armies spawning. Instead of having a consistent and immersive simulation, they've decided to simply be upfront about the number one feature that people hate in all strategy games (with the AI cheating instead of being good).

And it's a full blown sixty bucks game, in a time where War of the Chosen which is by far a more feature rich product comes out for 40 bucks, and Original Sin 2 comes out for 45 bucks.

Anyone who buys these Total War games are a cancer on consumers as a whole.

do you forget the yo ho ho discount

Most Star Players
Several entire fucking teams
Special Play cards system

You're not saying anything people don't mostly agree with. I take it you're not paying attention but it's not a success. It's sold 421,258 copies (on steam) compared to 1,733,223 who brought the first one (on steam) (numbers from steamspy). The only people purchasing it are the core fanboys who eat up anything, and they sure as shit aren't going to care what you've written. Only Warhammer 2, Medieval: Total War, and Shogun: Total War have below a million purchases each. More people own Total War Battles: Kingdom than do Warhammer 2 Electric Boogaloo. It could very well go down as the first Total War main title to not get over a million purchases (I don't have the store pre-steam purchase figures for Medieval 1 and Shogun 1). It ain't doing so well.

Total WaWa is singlehandlely reigniniting the flame of Warhammer Fantasy and all you fuckers are whining about it. Fuck you.

Please tell me how the fuck does Total War have less variation than CoD or BF, or do you just say the most outrigheous shit to piss people off.

The game just comes out, jesus christ.

It is going to be a sleeper hit.

Also Mortal Kombat is not realistic. Can you belive it?
Faggot…

Total War games have always been slow burners in terms of sales. These games aren't bloated AAA titles with massive marketing campaigns that require the game to be a massive success in the first week. Depending how good the combined campaign and the DLC is, I'd say WaWa2 could easily match the numbers of the first game.

What part of they discontinued Warhammer Fantasy don't you get?

Except they literally just started a new miniature line exclusively for the games.

The games literally give life the tabletop.

They did not. Don't lie, user. As much as I'd love for GW to pull a new coke and shelf Smegmar, Fantasy is dead.

I swear to god I see some new lizardmen minis made after Total WaWa 2, straight from GeeDub.

But anyway, GeeDub will see the light, goddamn Total War is bringing millions of interests on the franchise and LOTR is quietly dyeing off.

you greatly overestimate them

I like your trips, but GW just recently announced that they are going to be more inclusive, GW isn't seeing any lights that are good

Fuck, I won't stand for this shit.

Warhammer cucked is one fucking death blow for western entertainment.

How, even when you're disregarding the games and see it as its own thing, the movie doesn't even follow it's own logic.

Is it worth watching to laugh at? Going in fully expecting it to be shitty garbage, but wanting to laugh at just how bad it is?

It's not even good for that, the movie was just bland and boring.

Goddamnit user.

fuck these dlc fests

Is Steel Faith mod good enough, or is there any mod that should be recommended too? Also, what do you think of Wawa 2 factions? Lizardmen are awesome with their powerfull infantry and creatures, supported by good magic; And the Dark Elves ability of using Tomahawk carrier strikes is pure cheese.

So, at the moment, how does Warhammer 2 compares to the first one?

Campaign seems slower because the map is split by an ocean, and there isn't much to do besides grabbing power-ups while you're out on the seas. If you want to go from Araby/Ulthuan to Lustria for example, be prepared to skip a good 6 or 7 turns for your armies to get there. Maybe add a few more turns if you want to get the treasure chests, because they give so much money.

Campaign objectives can be a little bit iffy. The main objective is a race involving collecting points by completing objectives, and some of those side quests can involve you attempting to occupy settlements for bonus points which you aren't able to reach given your current situation (ex: Occupy this settlement that's on the other continent against this faction which you just concluded a Peace Treaty with). Also during your progress in the Main Objectives, enemy factions can decide to spawn a full stack of troops out of nowhere and ransack your settlements. So you're pretty much forced to keep your troops right next to your capital. You can spend some money do the same to an enemy too, but they have no problems getting rid of them.

As far as unit balance goes though, it's much better than the first one. Every unit in the roster can be useful in some capacity, compared to the first Warhammer where some Empire or Dwarven artillery units were utterly useless for their cost and CA never bothered to give them a buff.

I'd say wait a month or two for the Mortal Realms update to come, because right now this game is pretty much a stand-alone expansion pack, and it feels pretty empty with only those 4 races.