What is casual gaming

I know many of you hate casuals, but what do you think of casuality in retrospective? There are many visitors on Holla Forums who started their gaming with playstation 3 console, last of us, uncharted and skyrim. Many of which enjoyed experience of those games, and remained nostalgic to it. Many of them will look forward to buy new games and outlive you. What do you think of them and how you would help them get into more hardcore gaming experience like dark souls and stalker?
Or do you believe casuals forever will remain casuals?

Are you 15?

You, you mean. Who are you trying to fool here, normalfag, go back to your hole.

Wrong. Most people here are from the late 8-bit/early 16-bit era. With most of the younger users being from the primitive 3D days. If your first console was a PS3, you're way too fucking young to post here. Get the fuck out.
Keep projecting you underage faggot.
The same way Holla Forums has done it for years. Tell them to play some actually good games or get the fuck out.
Your thread sucks. The title is "What is casual gaming" but the body of text seems much more about you being an underage faggot trying to defend other underage faggots.

Yea, if they are middle school school kids like you OP.

Doubles

My 15 year old cousin plays Xonotic on a Mac because his parents are Applefaggots
Eat a dick, you either like game or you beta orbit it because you have to follow trends like a the peer preassured ape you are.

Probably.

They're the kind of people that play Shadow of Whateverâ„¢ and don't mind that it's easy because they 'just want to turn their brain off and relax and have fun'. I don't necessarily want to say that they're retarded but they sure aren't terribly bright.

They're the reason a company can charge you $60 to play a game and then charge you more money to buy loot boxes that let you play the game less.

I think it depends on why you actually play videogames.
If it's for enjoyment then sooner or later you'll stop being a casual.
If it's just to keep up appearances and because you're a monkey who gets sold on super budgeted marketing then you'll never be anything but a casual, regardless of what you play.

You call THOSE doubles?? CHECK THESE NUMBERS

Nicely done, but you didn't sage. Captcha was "iqLasp"

It's when you play video games just to have fun like some normalfagfag. It's like watching cinema with your brain off because it makes you laugh or you like da big bumz instead of using your mind to critique and absorb the film.

Reporting. First console was a PSX at 4 year olds. I think my dad regrets it but Ive had a hell of a time.

"A refusal to extend yourself outside of what is marketed towards the masses" would be my personal definition. Playing Skyrim doesn't make you a casual, playing Skyrim and refusing to believe there's anything else beyond it does, though.

This has always baffled me. Who the hell does something in private like play a video game to look cool? Why would you ever do anything you don't genuinely enjoy or want to try new? Why would you do any hobby or activity if you only got "street cred" out of it? Why would you even care about that street cred if you didn't enjoy or want to do the thing in the first place? Huh?

Based user

Best most correct post in the thread

My theory is that they don't have any redeeming social qualities so they resort to being part of a fandom to be remotely likable.

My first console was Gameboy Color.

HA HA no.
They just need to pick games which aren't going to hold their hand by entire game. It gets annoying.
It only depends on themselves and if they will get good or not.

OP 15 year old underb& confirmed

Why don't you go back to where you came from then? Cocksucking twitter faggot.

You fucking wish. The majority of people here started gaming during the 6th generation and are in their early to mid 20s.

Oh noes, is your elite gamer epeen under attack?

Nice projecting. We hate those people and we hate those games.
Kill yourself.

OP is a (1)&Done self-projecting casualnigger. Sage hide report

Early 20s here, first console I played was the sega mega drive. Mostly sonic, sonic pinball and golden axe. Then a ps1, then an Xbox for some reason.
Gameboy is in there somewhere.

I regret it.
I wish I let my mother push me into gymnastics and the guitar. God I hate videogames now.

Fucking
NEEEEERRRRRRDS

>tfw my first console was a Sega Genesis even though I was born in 1998.

Fuck.

user, shoop da woop is 12 years old old.

Not in a million years you brat

No one said you can only have one hobby, you know.

No, but time is limited and certain hobbies require dedication.
I wish I saw the long term, but I didn't expect gaming to be so shit. Still I suppose it's not too bad, if I took I different path I may have a different mindset. I'm happy I'm not a normalfag, this isn't fox and the grapes, I have genuinely never understood them. Now I understand them even less.

I bet there are seven year olds on here who have better taste than OP.

To be very honest, it's hard to say. "Casuals" will remain casuals for the same reason that most movie going audiences won't watch a film if it's black and white or from before 1960, simply because it's seemingly archaic to them.

It's the same shit with our generation as it was with the new ones: the people that *really* like games will discover the good shit, the same way people freak out over Tarantino until they realize what other, better filmmakers there are out there who have done and are still doing better things. Meanwhile the general public will continue on with their lives.

The greater issue shouldn't be "how do we make casuals hardcore", but "how do we convince mainstream AAA game devs to stop making shit".

Intellectualism has been dying a long, slow death, and the race to the bottom is as heated as it's always been.

Anyways, OP, even if you're an underage pussy, I appreciate your attempt at discourse even when the crocodiles of Holla Forums try and derail legitimate discussion out of autistic desire to exterminate the normalfags.

Pick up the guitar, you nigger. Just don't expect to be the next Eddie Van Halen.

Nigga pick up a guitar and throw on some YouTube videos or some shit.

You can love Star Control 2 and still learn how to whittle or some shit, it's not a zero sum game.

My 7 year old niece plays Geometry Wars.
A female child has better taste than OP.

We're not THAT bad yet, user. Even if we already have contrarian faggots nostalgiafagging over the Threeshitty and Halo ironically.
what

Asides from OP's faggotry, I'd like to hear most people's definition of what a casual is. IMO a casual is anyone who:

Modern home consoles are shit though

God I wish.

If they don't deeply consider what makes a game good.

If you don't sit in your own filth everyday and actually shower regularly, if you are not, from the moment you wake to the moment you sleep you are gaming or on here bitching about something, if you go outside or have a job or social life at all, if you buy a game, if you every feel like doing something besides masturbating to cartoons playing a video game or shitposting on Holla Forums sometimes a combination of the above, if you don't like posting anime pictures on a video game forums think it makes you witty, if you do not parrot contrary opinions on games that you've never played but hate them and they suck, if you do not piss in a bottle while playing a game because you are such a disgusting excuse of a human being, you are probably a casual.

I think anyone will come to a point where the average heavily marketed game is too easy or generic that it is boring routine. So they will either quit video games, or seek out more challenging games (if this, then later they will refine their tastes on what is challenging).

Watching movies is a completely passive and consumptive process however. I don't think other than following a story, there's any cognitive process to it other than fooling yourself.