Is Final Fantasy XVI a new Ivalice Alliance project?

Is Final Fantasy XVI a new Ivalice Alliance project?

So the obvious options are a tactis remake, a new tactics game or a new mainline title set in the world of Ivalice which at this point in time would be Final Fantasy 16.

Which begs the question: after the year of polling and gauging interest in fan reactions to FF15 was the bishi fucboi band road trip adventure so disliked by the core audience they are going to pull a hard 180 back to straight fantasy again?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/b4i67
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

And again not a single non-human character will make it into the main cast. But Fraan was totally another race guise, humans with rabbit years!

Good end.

The monkeys paw to this is SE making Nier into a franchise without yoko Taro.

ARE YOU PLEASED WITH YOUR WISH MORTAL!

Nier Automata was a fluke.

b-but muh ass

Source?

It went live yesterday. Dalmasca, Rabanastre and Ivalice are all in game along with Seeq and Bangaa and you team up with Ramza and fight the Espers from XII.

and the butthurt over no Viera is being converted into a form of free energy to power half of japan.

Sounds to me like some SJW finally got their claws into Square-Enix and convinced them brown amazon rabbitgirls were too problematic and toxic for such a great series like Final Fantasy. Sad.

wtf I love ff14 n-
How do you fuck up this bad

it's probably more that they didn't want to make a whole new model for one character that won't ever comeback after Ivalice.

it's because Square is lazy as shit and they "couldn't use the exact same humanoid skeleton"
not even kidding that's the official excuse

I think its probably more because its mono gendered. There was a big outcry over the sexual dimorphism of the Au Ra where the males were strapping, tall but not overly muscular heroic figures and the girls were kpop idols. Especially when the concept art showed them as ara as fuck warrior women in the original plans. From what i've read the popular opinion in japan is make Female Viera thicc but toned amazons and make the males shota "bunnybois" so patrician perverts and gross fujoshi get something while also the people playing FUCKING POTATOS get another midget option.

TA3 WHEN

Oh baby. Anyone got a screenshot of that glorious bastard?

I think it would be mainline title set during Cataclysm in Ivalice.
I highly doubt they will cut it out with fujoshit bait for some time, at very least male protag will still look like faggot.
Like they always were since FF10.

As long as they make it Final FANTASY not Final FASHION CATALOG BROUGHT TO YOU BY COLEMANS, AMERICAN EXPRESS AND CUP NOODLE I'll be Okay.

He's basically Less dissidia fucboi and more gappy from jojolion.

Did you ever look at the FF5 promotional art?

I guess I'll have to give the MMO a chance one of these days, if only for the return to Ivalice and this glorious moralfag. I only hope they use his iconic mercenary design instead of the cadet design that Square tries to shove into every game he appears in.

If Matsuno actually comes back for the next FF I'd have to actually give the series another shot, goddamn.

Not the best angle for the model but boy are fujoshis upset hes not the fucboi they ship with Delita.

He looks like a 16 year old.

NIGGER GIVE ME THE SOURCE

well yeah, they only have the basic human model, no way they were gonna make a different one.
That's FFXIV's motto basically "don't make new shit when you can just reuse old shit and cash in on nostalgia"

Its a lame model but compared to literally being a shota trap its an improvement for a serious character.

No, I didn't.

Squeenix is the king of disappointing sequels, give it up.

You get him in your party? Does he still scream for an untold amount of time and then one shots people?

Not so far as i've played but he shouts a lot.

no that'd actually be funny, so of course not

They have sent out a bunch of surveys to 'core audience heavy users' that will have a SE account with jp shit but no nu raider type stuff. These are fishing surveys. As well as VS HD theres a lot of 'is dissidia an esport you want to watch streamers play' garbage.

Why does he have a nose?

No it doesn't.

What it really means is they're considering farming it for another mobage.

Has the unfuckening begun?

>tfw no moogle gf to fuck like a living onahole

god, who fucking gives a shit anymore

Never ever because fuck you gaijin have more fujoshit bait.

you guys get more desperate ever day

He is literally 16. They even say so in the plot of the questline. So…they did a good job in that respect.

Also this glorious bastard is the final boss of the raid tier.

It's Algus/Argath.

kys furfag

It's not furry if it's a moogle.

Missed this post, should have made this part of my previous reply. Matsuno is already working with SE on the patch content. The whole story of it is being praised because of his writing and attention to the detail. It wouldn't shock me in the least if XIV was just part of a greater deal to bring Ivalice back to glory.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT WORRIES ME

IF THEY TOUCH VAGRANT STORY WITHOUT MATSUNO IT WILL NOT END WELL

Matsuno is out of the game, as far as I know, so are most of the people who made FF Tactics.
As much as I want a new entry I don't think it would turn out good. Though I have to admit nothing can be worse than an Unsung Story situation.

hes in charge of all ivalice stuff still

Viera kinda remind me of tolkien elves.

No. They'll just fill it full of current-day politics, microtransactions and other bs like the cash shop in 14. Modern SE is cancer.

It's all namedrops, references, and fanservice. None of the characters are the same, none of the places are the same, none of it is actual Ivalice. It's just like how Crystal Tower along with Xande, Doga, Unei, and Noa all exist in XIV but are their own things. Just like Doma and Costa Del Sol.

Ramza looks retarded in 14. The 2-D artstyle of tactics does not translate well into 3d.

BREAKING NEWS: user discovers Cid in different final fantasy not the same guy.

BUT ITS JUST A THEORY!

Yeah I think I'd prefer it if se didn't tarnish the name of fft with their bullshit

More like all these idiots think it's actually Ivalice and makes XIV some fucking sequel when it's a homage.

yoko taro is working on the next nier project.

Unless it's an MMO, OP is fucking retarded. It'll be a non-mobile spin off, sequel, or prequel, to XII.

Yoko Taro is working on his next project which is a fucking mobile game. Squeenix is working on something NieR related without Taro and are hiring story and scenario writers.

6 million units sold is not a sight of a bomb, user. If anything, the commercial success of FFXIV and FFXV only reinvigorated the brand after the shitshow that was FFXIII.

No he isn't he is working on a mobage called SinOAlice. He already said he isn't making another nier but after 2 million units shipped square enix were directly quoted as "the brand can be exploited in many different genres for years to come".

They didn't make models for all the other races?

post a source. Last one I saw was him hiring for a team on the next nier project.

nier's best writing wasn't even by yoko taro.

Have you actually not heard about this shit? its been doing the rounds on Holla Forums for like 3 weeks.

yes, and I've never seen a fucking source posted despite asking for one every time and having already seen that he is specifically hiring for a new nier project.

Just because Holla Forums is shitting itself over it, doesn't mean it's true.

archive.is/b4i67

"The recruiting page of the Square Enix Business Division 6 also includes a message from the director of the NieR series Yoko Taro and the series producer Yosuke Saito.

Yoko Taro mentioned that due to NieR: Automata’s success, they will be carrying out various developments regarding the NieR franchise. He also said that he is rounding up a team of people to work with him in the said project.

Yosuke Saito understands why people are waiting for more NieR games. -So even though Yoko Taro didn’t want to create another one anymore, he insisted him to do so. And with that, he hopes to find people who could help Yoko in weaving a new game set in the world of NieR.-"

Yoko Taro helped SE hire writers for a new nier project. Not a new game but a new project. Specially involving 'side quests and item descriptions'. Its just the second nier dlc.

Jesus Christ you are a dense motherfucker.

So where do people get the idea that he's not involved from this?

No idea, I was clarifying why that was silly

I guess the part where it flat out says he's involved and is hiring help for it means yoko taro isn't single handledley making the game, like he did drakengard and nier and nier automata. all by yoko taro, no one else.

(1) (you) for (you) retard

damn, guess its true, no more nier games by yoko taro ever again since he's working on fucking dlc like I said he was working on a new nier project you fuck.

Just put moonman at the helm and give him license.
It's the only way to save meme fantasy.

wat

Why can't they just remake 11 with a much easier system for finding a party? FFXI was hands down the greatest game of all time.

God damn I wanna fuck that bunny hard and worship those hips, and thighs on her afterwards

I'd want them to make a new Vagrant Story but… I know it would be shit.

Great taste, those buggers were pretty cute.

Nah, let him have a swing at Valkyrie Profile. That would be awesome.

I thought they made a samurai themed expansion? What the fuck is this Ivalice shit doing in it?

Aye yo can I get uhhhhhh boneless source?

I've got such a boner for anything set in Ivalice, I'd be really sad if they'd decided to never visit it again.

It's not actually a sequel story. The Ramza in FF14 is based on the Ramza in Tactics, and is the descendant of a Ramza who was also based on the Ramza in Tactics. But he's not actually the Ramza from Tactics.
The rest of the raid's story is like that.

Stormblood is only half-Samurai. The other half is more Central/Southern Asia-like, and then Dalmasca/Ivalice was thrown into the mix for the first 24-man raid.

I only play Final Fantasies VIII and XV, because they're the only good ones.

Well not exactly, the story for the raid takes place after Arazlam Durai gets the Durai Papers.

Basically, they have gone and melded the world of Ivalice with FFXIV (As in every Ivalice game except dumb shit like advanced all took place on the planet of FFXIV centuries ago.) Arazlam has gone to try to publish the Durai papers as a play to tell the true story surrounding the War of the Lions. He has two kids who he named Ramza and Alma due to his obsession with Ivalice (which is now but a legend in the day and age of XIV.) While not confirmed just yet, Its being implied that Durai is being possed by an Occuria too.

So its a literal sequel. 400 years after the events of FFT.

The desperation and kikery from normalfaggots makes me wish that I got a new hobby a while ago.