Grim Dawn: Ashes of Malmouth

New Grim Dawn expansion hype thread. It will be released in about 30 minutes from now, who else is playing?

For anyone that doesn't know the game is an ARPG that is light years better than D3 and noticeably better than PoE.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/642280/Grim_Dawn__Ashes_of_Malmouth_Expansion/
mgnet.me/cQumeJ6
grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38405
nexusmods.com/grimdawn/mods/14/?
grimtools.com/calc/L2JL0RgZ
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198304908055/recommended/642280/
grimtools.com/db/search?query=dirge&in_description=1&exact_match=0
grimtools.com/calc/lV7pqAvZ
grimtools.com/calc/DV9nk0lZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not sure if I want to play a summoner Cabalist or dual wielding Reaper.
What builds have you guys theorycrafted?

They finally varied up some non-caster weapons by making their default damage non-physical. Some 2H weapons are actually worth it now. The amount of new conversions in the game is also bretty good for build diversity.

Is the expansion free?

I'm just here for the Necromancer.

Haven't done any theorycrafting since I'm probably just gonna play my 85 first. I did like the Inquistor from what I saw on Steam though, maybe Inquisitor + Arcanist or Demo.

18$

Link btw
store.steampowered.com/app/642280/Grim_Dawn__Ashes_of_Malmouth_Expansion/

On stream* lmao

Up on GoG as well, by the way.

Thanks. What's the end game for Grim Dawn like compared to POE's mapping and D3's greater rifts?

Well fug, gotta walk the dog. Hopefuly it'll be up when I'm back.

Hahah everyone laugh at this underage b& poorfag that can't participate in the freemarket globalist economy!

The end-game (at least before the expansion) basically centered around farming Nemesis bosses or the Crucible, which is basically an arena where you fight waves of monsters. I don't think they added anything new to the end-game in the expansion, but I could be wrong.

Nothing amazing, but I think it's because they want to encourage people to try new class combinations instead of farming on one character 24/7.

Is Inquisitor like Paladin? Anyway, bought it so I will know myself.

It's considerably worse than D3.

No thanks.

Explain.

Fug, still want to finish Titan Quest first

All me

Eat shit and die, you guys destroyed one of the greatest video game series of all time.

But hey, since you enjoy Titan Quest, too, I'll just assume you have terrible taste.

Not even worth a (You)
Back to D3 on consoles you go

Is the witch lady in the game?

Someone upload the gog version please, I'm beggin' ya here.

Is that pure lady from Senran or Evenicle?

Buy a GTX 750 for like 100 Burgerbucks

fuck off marketer, your game is boring repetitive shit outdone by a 15+ years old turd of a game

out of curiosity, which threads on this board aren't made by "marketers"? also how many UFO's have you seen in the past week?

It's actually a really fun game though. Probably one of the few modern games that I even care to play. Haven't had a graphics card for the last 2 months and I play vidya daily because they're all old games. I completely forgot about not having one until the GD expac came out.

Fuck you. I enjoy video games.

You're not being a good advertiser.

Wrong IP faggot

Well, provide a magnet link, then.
I'm not shelling out 18 fucking shekels for an expansion pack for a game that I bought in 2k16 and found to be boring, nigger.

Heres your fucking pacified you little bitch
mgnet.me/cQumeJ6

So you aren't a marketer, after all, or a very bad one.
Are you upset?
It's a rethorical question.

What an obnoxious nigger you are.

Magnet link?

Sorry, didn't notice

Guess I'll watch an autistic LP'er go through the story.

Dont spoonfeed retards, theyll still remain retards like you just saw.

Oh shit, I've been putting off getting back into GD to wait for the expansion.
Damn, is that actually an expansion, too? Those numbers almost look good. Would I buy it? Maybe, I don't know. Someone report back and tell us how it is.

Eh I might pirate it to see if it's worth it, I hope it works with the legit version of the base game.

I wish I could actually enjoy ARPGs. They always look great to me, but I know I won't be able to enjoy the gameplay.

in order to enjoy these you must not rush throught acts. You need to do everything very slowly. Setting skills, picking weapons and armor. Same with Poe, Diablo or any RPG. Every RPG has very very slow start but absolutely quick mid and endgame.

Does it have competitive ladders?

My main complaints about Grim Dawn were as follows and before I even give an expansion preview video a click, I want to know if these issues have been obliterated from the game:

Same here. I much rather prefer turn based RPGs but this game is pretty great.

Pretty much agree with all of that and it ticks me off that the devs really don't bother putting any attention to these issues. The most annoying one being that abilities lack that feeling of having any impact besides bigger numbers. They also put a shit ton of focus on gear & build variety but give us very little in terms of challenging endgame bosses to try the gear out on. Not sure how it is in the expac but the main game you really don't have many places to test out your fully decked out murdermachine or have any trouble killing 98% of the game's content

fug, I got the game in early access for 12 and this is basically 150% of the price for 50% extra content.
I'll wait until a price drop.

But all games are free user :^)

Idk, the Edge of Reality and Mogdrogen can be tricky. And apparently they added 4 new bosses that are similar in challenge.

I actually like these guys well enough, but I can't justify this price.

This entire genre of games was a gigantic fucking mistake. They should just ship with a build calculator, a music album, some concept art, and all the actual gameplay stripped out to save time and money.

If a game is over $10, then it's overpriced imo. But I agree that these guys deserve money.

You could say that about anything and it'd be true.
D2 is lightyears ahead of D3.
D1 is lightyears ahead of D3.
You can even do it without unrelated things and it still makes sense: Peaches are lightyears ahead of D3.
That's how shit D3 is.

They're pretty parallel. They each tackle different aspects of the same genre, and both GD and PoE are shit in different ways.
For example, PoE has a lot of interesting skill combinations that are made useless by the shitty game they built around them, while GD's skills are all so completely lackluster and uninteresting that using them is a form of natural sedative.

I wanted to make a paladin build but remembered people in another thread telling me paladins don't exist in this universe. So I made a dark knights instead but he ended up just being a shaman with a big mace and heavy armour.

I like it so far, its like being a thunder knight or something.

Say that like it would be a feat… nice numbers by the way

Just pretend you're Nightwolf in armor.
Knightwolf

so pirate the gog for now then just buy it later when it goes on sale.
You decide how much you want to pay for it, but still play it now

Fuck, of all the days to be broke. RIP.

But it won't be compatible with the characters I have now on my Steam copy.

I feel ya, user

I vote we all make a pact to never go outside and sell our cars. Sure running to work will be a drag but at least we'll have more vidya.

It'll also give us an advantage in marathons.

Jokes on you, I already don't have a car and never go outside.

best second class for necro? maybe occult?

Anything with summons damage.

Crate is competent developers who dont want to do anything too controversial. Therefore game in result is good, works great, but quite lame.
GGG is incompetent fucks, but they are doing interesting shit. Therefore game is more interesting and has more ways to play, but really fucking terrible in some aspects. "oneshots are important game mechanic, any way to avoid oneshots should be nerfed". And poe is around for a long time and they released a ton of expansions so its bigger than grim dawn by few times. And they do have challenging encounters. Some people are not even able to beat 1-10 acts.

If you cut a lot from poe, make competent coders rewrite everything, make competent artist remake everything, replace every passive with "increased hp" or "increased damage" you will have the same game as grim dawn.
But because poe has a shitton of content, some of it will be good. For example new act with notnazis looks fucking perfect. But it took them few years. They never address problems which they are too fucking stupid to fix and they forced to hire real coders to fix their shit for them after YEARS of "its impossible to fix so we will ignore it". And they are perfectly fucking aware of this shit. Sometimes they promise to fix it "in few weeks!". Its a lie.
Yeah, worst part. At least they somewhat fixed constellations by simply doubling bonuses on them.

You can make a fucking crusader. Looks good as fuck, too bad its set for poison thorns. But this expansion adds way to change appearance of items.

That's so true it hurts, like holy shit even Diablo 1 had better skills and that was mostly just spamming hydra.

What do you guys think is the best class to combo with a necromancer for a minion build? I'm thinking Occultist because similar damage types and minions. Shaman is another clear option but thematically I prefer Occultist. Also I just found this sword and realize I might want to start getting putting points into a second tree.

Occultist probably. Curse of Frailty, 1 and done dreeg's eye for devotion procs, HellHound is solid, Bonds Of Bysmael/Manipulation is top tier. I think Occultist will edge out slightly over shaman.

New menu and 5 time more shared stash and common stash. plus new illusionist vendor what change your items. Also here allot new Relic's what change your skill or add more new like aether BFG.

joke's on you, I ended up having enough to buy the expansion anyway. Necromancer needs more skellies.

Thinking about starting tonight, downloading during my ISP's free time thanks sat internet. Pretty okay with paying $18 since i've got about 550 hours for the base game.
Considering starting fresh with a Vit/Aether Spellbinder or Vit/Cold Reaper, since I love Vitality damage. Any anons been playing along those lines? How does it perform.

I'm really annoyed that they didn't revamp both the crafting window and the character selection screen. The crafting window is too small and the character selection box is too small as well, not to mention the option to sort your characters by level should be a default option in a game that encourages tons of alts.

Now this is the kind of itemization I'm talking about.

They should have also fixed crafting. If I have the mats I should just be able to instantly craft whatever I want without crafting every single component one by one. I really fucking hate crafting relics.
Also adding a search function to the stash would have been great.

So what build?

I don't think that's true.
I remember being able to play both versions with the same save file.

Dual-pistol Aether damage arcanist.

Are those boobs even in game?

It's the loading screen.

tempted to try this but one question, can I be a necromancer and raise an army of undead minions?

Yes. With different set you can have over 18 minions or 12 skeletons one time (not consider flying skulls or rotten bile/skeleton golems).

What kind of a stupid question is that? That's pretty much how they advertised the entire expansion.

Jesus fuck on a stick, can a level 2 power be so OP?

Occultist. Curse of Frailty and Blood of Dreeg are the bread and butter of any build that wants big numbers. You got huge damage and healing buffs for yourself and all allies and huge resistance and general debuffs to all enemies on two fairly low maintenance skills. Your skeletons will thank you for making this choice.

New chtonian nemesis have aura what just cut off 25% HP in area. Also he launch 2 spheres what deal 5k chaos damage and -25% maximum life.

I followed your advice and went for Occultist. I want to get a few casual points in Blood of Dreeg and then continue down the necromancer tree. Reap Spirit and Blight Burst seem useful.
I've been going for the Revenant Devotion, seemed like a cool attack mod to put on DEE (that's better than Drain Essence right?) but not sure what do go for next. I mostly see some general pet buffs and not anything super interesting.

For all the shit we give Diablo 3 on consoles, it -does- allow couch co-op for four players. Though the 360/ps3 versions are now unsupported and didn't get significant updates.

Most summons you got from items/relics.

Aether crystals shouldn't be so smug, can easily kill it in one hit and that kills all of its zombies too.

Who is this semen demon?

Oh hey there's a thread here.
Been playing a full zoo keeper Cabalist, having a full horde of skellies running around with me is pretty amazing, the blight friend aoe/generate threat skill is fucking amazing, also the new items are fun same has the new acts, probably going to take this to 100 before trying a something with an Inquistor, something probably melee.

First thing I did was to mod the game to get more skeletons. It's not a real Necromancer with as few skeletons as the vanilla game gives you.

i dont think anygame will ever live up to diablo 2 necromancer with maximum summons, an army of friendly skellys taking up most of the screen

And that's why Diablo II is still the best game of this genre.

would need three friends for that though

I'll be your friend user :3

instead of playing grim dawn why dont you play victor vran instead

instead of playing victor vran, why don't you play sacred 2, the worst ARPG

As soon as i met controls and action-like mechanics i understood that that game was built for fucking consoles. And equipment system is shit because for some reason they decided every armor needs a splash image in inventory instead of proper character model, and that reduced amount of outfits in general they could make with such production costs.

Witcher's voice actor is good though.

This tickle my fetish bone.

i wish more of these games had a run feature like in diablo2, it seems like a small thing until you are starting a new game with a new class again and just want to get through the bullshit

Can I side with the bad guys at any point in this game or is it going to keep railroading me into helping these whiny assholes? I see that I start with a negative rep with the Aetherials but is there any way to improve it?

Grim dawn is pretty generous for people who want to go fast. Although you don't get teleportation spells they instead added tons of "charge" spells I guess they're called. After leveling multiple characters it gets boring as fuck running through every area so 99% of my chars end up having shadow strike, blitz if they're NB/Soldier, if they aren't then you can always use that one weapon compontent + the ghost weapon ability that drops off of the boss in SoT

Basically every build has two separate cooldown charge abilities early on in the game and you're able to sprint your way through normal difficulty in a couple of hours. Very useful if you want to reach the endgame in a single day

Having fun with a straight Necromancer so far. I've just maxxed the zombie and bloated fat zombie trees as well as that 10 second double-all-of-the-pet-stats-and-also-make-them-heal-like-lightning buff.
It's kind of way too powerful. Combined with some gear that lets me summon some other shit both manually and triggered, I'm pretty much just tapdancing through the game. I cleared East Marsh side area up through and including that bone monster in the boneyard (level ~41) when my character was level 16 - and I'm playing on Veteran mode to boot. Kind of ridiculous.
Maybe that's how the game's always been, though, I don't know. I've only run through half of it as a demolitionist once before before I got bored.
I don't really know how many points I'll end up with in the end, but I'm hoping to max out the pet buff toggle and then go occultist and max out raven and firedog as well. No other skills or abilities look appealing at all right now, for this build at least.

I want to try that new jack-in-the-box caster next, but I'm not really sure what it'd even combine well with.

Grim Dawn also lets you skip the entire first act if you farm up some scrap and have a good enough build to head straight for Cronley. The quests to finish the game only start once you get to the gulch anyway.

Try the beast nemesis, who has retribution that drops total damage by 40% and deals huge bleed, and a breath attack that can put my 16k HP character straight into the red if it hits. Or just fight ravager.

i made a purifier and a cabalist so far and overall they are fun, but witchblade still seems to be the best overall.

my autism prevents me from not exploring every single corner of the map and clearing quests. even after i got a character to level 74 in crucible i still went back and finished the warden questline.

Don't worry, I have the exact same bug. Usually, I'll explore thoroughly with my fastest character and then just copy over the map files to my others to get rid of the fog of war and run through like a normal person.

I got it yesterday on sale, i didn't got the expansion though just the base game i wanna see how it goes from now, any tips for it ?

user, you already a aetherial in denial.

Pic related.

Just pirate it - game is DRM free and have a LAN.

Is the multiplayer worth a shit or nah? I want to buy this game but I gotta see if the multiplayer worth the 24.99 Steam asking price for the game or if I should go ahead with that 7 dollar sale GoG has?

I bought it like a good goy on GoG and I say its more than worth it for 7 dollars. Then again i really liked titan quest and this is just that in a new setting.

Alright, I'm seeing if I can fish my friend into buying it with me too, I've been fucking starved for a good ARPG I can shit around on with a friend.

Could it be the reason Grim Dawn took so long to be released because it's such an unoptimized garbage that the developer was just waiting for better hardware to come out so the game could be bruteforced?

one thing im really loving is the expanded inventory space in game. less time messing with stash tools or making a mule character

I was morbidly curious so I googled around to see what the necromancer was like.
It seems really bland and unimaginative. There's a mod that adds a necromancer which has skeletons as a toggled mana lock which raises enemies you kill as sekletons, has like three different lich mage summons, and also has a spike damage "summon a bunch of skeles with crossbows" spell. A million times more interesting than an $18 expansion pack's introduced necromancer seems to be.

I've played with a Necromancer mod before. Which one did you use?

It was grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38405

About time, might roll a Purifier or Apostate.

Oh, it is a different Necromancer, no wonder I have no idea what you're going on about.

I tried playing this shit and fell asleep
Did they learn to use a color palette other than grey and brown?

Yes, now they have grey and green, or brown and red.

Yeah I remember I tried another necro mod which was actually called a necromancer, and found it pretty mediocre. I'm not sure why the creator called the only fun necromancer class I've played in the last ten years something other than necromancer.

This one, right?
nexusmods.com/grimdawn/mods/14/?

If I tried to remember every mediocre necromancy book I'd read, game or mod I'd tried, I would have forgotten my own name by now.

Look, if you're going to cheat, go whole hog.

Aside from this, I have literally every pre-Malmouth devotion point allotted. The character CAN technically die, I guess, but it's almost impossible - the passive damage auras tick too fast for anything to deal meaningful damage fast enough, Blast Shield and other regen procs also make it very unlikely. I mostly did this for kicks to see what the maximum possible Curcible score is, but since it seems to be impossible to erase the shared stash, now I use it for material/scrap farming. Takes a solid hour to blow through a Crucible.

I'm sure there's more efficient builds, assuming infinite skillpoints/stat points, but fuck it.

Why is the expansion content on veteran so insanely fucking hard? I went from act 1 to log with zero deaths and finished veteran with ~35 deaths. Cruel so far is super easy as it's always been. Am I the only one with these troubles?

It might be related to how the difficulties handle resistances. How are yours? Because that shit can go into negatives in later difficulties.

Veteran only for good damage builds. And its supposed to be hard, duh.

Being a Necromancer is fun.
I've put all my points into skeletons and they seem to work just fine, don't have to lift a single finger. They come as archers, fire mages and dread knights with their own damage aura. That pest golem thingy sure is nice too. Idgaf about the other skills.
I'm also going Occultist for raven and the doggo, and that +pet damage passive in the higher tiers. Since mages and the dog are doing fire damage, I can go for Revenant's skellingtons via that one zodiac that adds +65% pet fire damage. Let's see how many minions I can hold at the same time.
Oh, and am I right in assuming that in my case gear's absolutely useless if it doesn't have +pet whatever%?

Your pet damage scales off of Main Hand damage, so grab the biggest two-hander with the most possible damage affixes. Other than that, yeah.

I'm running with a Mage Hunter, all I do is shoot super-bullets all the time. It's very squishy, though. I haven't played in a while, is Maiven's Sphere still essential for Arcanists?

Good to know, thanks. I've been running around with the same kris and book for ages since they give +30% pet attack and +10% pet attack speed, with the average two-hander doing about ten times as much damage.
I guess it doesn't really matter until end-game, but what's the itemisation for "minion master"-type characters look like? E.g., are there any two-handers that specifically give your Necro/Occultist summon spells additional skill levels, or pet attribute boni?

Source?

For anyone who has reached the end of the expansion, the side-quests inside Malmouth itself pissed me off to no end. The whole point of Grim Dawn was that the main factions were using the telporters back against the Aethereals and Chtonians to get the armies around the hot zones, therefore they can have 0 casualties and win operations when outnumbered 10000 to 1. Hell, it is one of the faction quests to contract getting fresh corn to the original settlement and it arrives before you because the farmers took the tellyporter. Then why does my main character suddenly becomes retarded with the side quests in Malmouth?

In one of the earlier sidequests of the expansion you can convince a man trapped in the Underbog to get teleported to his daughter or you can end the conversation quickly by shoving him into it. Same result, same exp. But when you arrive to Malmouth theres TWO FUCKING INSTANCES where the MC catches the stupid and forgets he has magic powers. First, there's a guy hiding out with his children and you can't convince him you're not a monster, so you're "forced" to kill him and teleport the children. Then the kids hate you forever. Secondly, a man a his gf barricade themselves, she is ok but he's wounded so the only solution presented by the game is to teleport her back…and leave him to die (and then lie to the not-widow). Why can't I heal him with my 300+ health potions? Why can't I use my healing skills/auras to bring him back? why can't I fucking teleport a Medic to his location? NOPE, only death and cheap drama.

(contd)

But what pisses me off most of all is that there were sidequests of this nature in the original game, where you talked people down, teleported them and they thanked you. You could fuck up these side quests if you wanted but people acted like people: "Wow, you're armed to the teeth, just murdered 10 settlements worth of aethereals, undead and a warlord camp; you can teleport and talk to gods and you're on our side? I think we better listen".

Like for example, after Crownley's Hideout you meet a couple, a bandit is holding a woman hostage and saying he'll blow her brains out if you don't pay. You could kill him, you can not give a fuck or you can pay. If you pay, then it turns out that it was all a scam and they are swindlers. You can then kill them both, leave them or tell them about human settlements. And there's no "fuck you" dialogue option, all conversations play out like they are supposed to. Secondly, there's the quest with New Harbor: bandits became the warlords of the region and demand tribute from peasants in the form of scrap iron. If they don't meet their quota, they are punished. You can kill the bandits but this just means that the settlement is overrun with beasts (that the bandits killed) and the bandit's friends murder everyone in retaliation and take their children. You can also pay the tribute and kill the warlord of the whole region, which makes the peasants free themselves and keep their children.

But instead, in AOM you get forced bad endings to sidequests because the hack writers thought it would be humane/dramatic. The game already acknowleged the gameplay elements in the sidequests, so why the fuck couldn't my MC just solve everything with teleporters? Guy gets aggressive? Just shove him into a teleporter and his children as well? Guy is wounded and can't move? Teleport his fucking ass!

tl;dr Badly written sidequests triggered my autism

Part of me wonders what it's like to live in Devil's Crossing, where people literally appear from thin air without warning.

Probably because there is a difference between regular guy and a reanimated corpse with reinstalled soul such as player character.
What medic? Nobody will spend half a minute to help anyone, its a fucking end of the world, every man for himself.
1st of all you playing it wrong. Its a diablo clone grinding game about end of the world. Its not an rpg. Its grinding game with some bullshit as background. Nobody cares about anything really. Its not a fallout where you can fool people. Its not arcanum where you can convince everyone to kill themselves if you have good enough stats. You play as abomination who values 5 minutes of his time more than lives of stupid people. Its not a game about choices.
How I can live with myself after this? By not giving a single fuck. Death of the stupid people are good for the population. You are not samaritan, you are murdermachine.

They pop up from main portal, not in random places. Unless you play in mp, and they are appearing in their place immediately, in that case fuck you.

Just played it and there are option to tell them to fuck off.
True, but who give a shit, really?

So in every part of the world there are health potions that can only be used by 1 exlusive dude?

Also, this is a world where every single hand counts. 80% of the population has been wiped out, you need people to continue the species.

And finally, what pisses me off is that the writers blatantly felt like they were telling a story with these sidequests. If they were of your mentality of "yolo farm more, faggot", they wouldn' have included them with the band ending by default.

The writers subverted the expectations of the grimdark (tm) nature of the game by not having you act like an autistic edgelord named not-important in the original release. But truly, expecting the same writing quality in games? that's for faggots amirite?

There's no difference in minion DPS based on a summoner's weapon unless it has a "+pet damage/attack speed/Summon skill level". That's why you should always get 2 weapons/1 weapon 1 offhand unless the two hander has superior pet bonuses than the two put together.

So in every part of the world there are health potions that can only be used by 1 exlusive dude?
Effect may vary on the user of potion.
5k people is enough to repopulate Earth.

Its a fucking diablo clone. Its does not need good writing, all it needs is a semi good setting. You talk about it, like its some kind of book and nor game about grinding. Do you really fucking expect long dialogues where you convince people of your rights? If you could shove everyone into a portal YOU WOULD FUCKING COMPLAIN ABOUT IT THE SAME WAY! Because game does not give you the way to pick perfect for you variant. Even if this variant is exist only in your head, and everyone else dont even fucking look at them, because its not a fucking book, its a game about grinding for people who want to play game about grinding. Its not about good, its not about bad, its a story where you kill a fucking million monsters and take everything they got for yourself. If you complaining about random quest why dont you complain about main plot? Killing a million of monsters? That sounds fucking impossible, who wrote this story? What kind of power fantasy is this? If you are so anal about it, why dont you expose your idea of ques tin this kind of game and general story? Only it should not be poorly written and should not include ridiculous ideas such as one guy murdering million monsters, which is the main theme for this kind of games.

Aetherials do nothing wrong!

C'thon has every right to be fucking pissed, though, for real.

Occultist. Your skellebros will thank you for the calcium you provide.

I found there's rare gears for both increased skele limit and increased maximum amount of target for drain essense. Looks like if you don't branch out to different jobs a literal lord of soul and undeath is very possible.

This game looks like absolute shit.

So is the inquisitor flamethrower or the aether ray more viable?

Doesn't matter, flamethrower is more fun.

Crafting is fixed. Shared stash now accepts crafting materials.

Storm Box and Arcanist Reckless power with Legendaries will turn you in to Aether Death incarnate.

I wish Aether Ray would pierce, I just love melting through hordes of enemies with muh lazor.

Diablo 3 is more fun.

It actually doesn't look as good as I remember, I'm not sure if it's my computer or my busted memory.

Inquisitor is retardedly strong, though. All I do is shoot elemental bullets at everything for TONS of damage. I just stack elemental damage with Arcanist and my items and shit out six types of damage super fast while firing off flaming ice bullets that shock people.

That is the closest thing we will get to a proper Champions of Norrath game again. The PC version is garbage but the console version is surprisingly fun to play because of how intuitive it is. The control schemes makes the game FEEL like a hack and slash game with loot.

Halfway done with elite now, my pets have retarded amounts of life and speed, it's kinda hilarious to see them body blocking enemies trying to run towards me and I'm not even done with my devotions, Will of Ratosh it's going to push my skeletons dps through the roof.
Having lot's of fun with this build but I eventually want to try an inquisitor, I have seen lots of purifiers that combo seems pretty strong.

Ok, after playing a bit more and getting to Ultimate I can confirm that the expansion content is just way harder than the base game. Ultimate non expansion is a breeze while Elite expansion is hard as fuck. Not sure how to feel about this.

Here's a weird question: Vanilla or expansion classes? In both this and Titan quest, expac classes seem to be a little more powerful than base ones (If you remember the bullshit that was Dream from TQ before the balance pass in the anniversary edition) so maybe they accidentally tuned it to that?

I dunno about the later game but i'm in the wardens manor as a necro and it feels very very powerful. Put all points into summoning skellys and attached the Fiend devotion skill to them so now everything is on fire. Shit that would at least slow me down with other chars is nothing with this char. Could change later though.

From what i've heard inquisitors are strong too but can be major glass canons. I don't think this is quite as extreme as titans quest as part of the dream meme was that it could go with damn near anything and be really powerful, while the new classes here have very obvious roles. Still they are definitely strong.

Try harder.

Also goes full aether.

My Inquisitor/Arcanist is hilariously squishy. I'm basically a walking bullet hell boss, though.

I imagine an Inquisitor / Demolitionist would fucking roll face if you went all guns, fire, and dual wielding with the proper epics/uniques. Inquisitor is indeed a bit squishy, you get very little physique via Mastery.

Has this game always ripped off WoWs artstyle? From the first and third thumbs I thought this was a WoW thread.

Where?

You're either blind as fuck or baiting. I'll assume the latter. Here's your (you), dumbass.

If you think about it, WoW is actually an online Diablo.

That sounds fun as fuck.

Yeah firestriking Inquisitor is apparently hilariously powerful. Actually inquisitors look like a lot of fun so i'm totally going to make my next char one.

Also as an update on how powerful the necromancer is my skellyman rape squad took out Salazar in 7 seconds at level 20. Jesus Christ.

Krieg did nothing wrong.

You mean the revenant of ognapesh? or something new?, cause I got that one, but I may replace it later

Yeah, it was during vanilla a little bit, some classes basically come from diablo2 and not from warcraft 3, and blizzard north worked a little bit on burning crusade.

Its from new relic - actual Skeletal golem like a these from Steps of Torment.

Jesus fuck on a stick who thought Guaranteed Damage Town was a good idea. However, I also ran into Kymon's Chosen with my Apostate (Inquisitor/Necromancer) and discovered that, whoops, taking that class excludes that faction, period. Crate has some stones doing that, I approve.

You didnt see Fleshworks aka Scorn map. ->

The game came off as a crazy ranting man. Even the wife's dialogue hinted that she knows he might be too far gone and mentally snapped.

Here is multiple worlds. Only hope to leave like a primordial gods and let this world turn in to Dead God. Anasteria says only hope is a diplomacy with different Aetherial faction (more peaceful) what still didnt appear because time in Aether time flows slower.

Oh shit, I need to check that then, right now I'm running savage but the pet it gives it's kinda annoying since it dies constantly, thanks for info user

is this game really any good? while mostly positive on steam, it has a hell of a lot of negative reviews. seems like it's more of a point-and-click simulator than a game

yes its a ARPG.

its called a gauntlet clone, and the only good games in the genre are gauntlet

Titan Quest was a very slow Diablo 2
Grim Dawn is a very fast Titan Quest

Been playing a bit of this as a Cabalist on veteran mode, about level 40 and all I do is weaken enemies and buff my pets and let them do everything, boring as fuck I think I picked the wrong playstyle for how I like these diablo clones.

Whats the most effort heavy class combo in Grim Dawn?

Inquisitors are the fucking best.

Zero passive damage Nightblade/Arcanist, or Acanist/Inquisitor. Heavy duty damage, but you had best be on point with pnuema/Restorative Runes or you'll die FAST.
Basically, Necro is zero effort, the physique classes (Soldier, Demolitionist, Shaman) all have death avoiding passives that require little effort, but the DPS classes (Nightblade, Arcanist, Inquisitor) are very, very squishy. Nightblade has Night's Chill off of their passive debuff aura that can deal lots of no-effort damage, so avoid that. Build instead a high-damage low-defense zippy motherfucker with activated parry-esque defensive skills.

The Raise Skeletons tooltip says "24% Main Hand Damage" and the DPS of the zombies changes dramatically based on what I can equip.
I can't see on the character sheet where my DPS is calculated, but my main hand Damage Per Hit is 2243 right now, which is why my skeletons melt everything before it can move. Even the boss monster things with the star icons over their heads last less than a second when my skeletons notice them.
I can't remember the last time I attacked myself. I just walk around the map and everything is full-cleared almost as soon as it's revealed.

Shit. That needs a nerf hard. No other pets function like that as far as I know, for a reason.

You're tellin' me.
I can summon 8 of them at once.
Here's their stats and my weapon for comparison.

Bout to start my first Inquisitor, what are some of the essential/really good skills of theirs?

RUSH DOWN THAT FUCKING FIRE SPELL.

NO, NOT THE RUNE. THE OTHER ONE.

Word of pain is a fantastic leveling spell, though. Depending on your other planned class, you'll want to carefully examine their gun passives: Leave them alone if you go for a caster subclass (Like Necro or Arcanist), but TAKE THAT SHIT HARD if you're going for Demolitionist.

Is there a class that goes really fast, be it with movement skills or some skill that increases movespeed? I want to like the game but it just feels incredibly slow.

I was thinking of going Demo since it's kind of a natural pairing (the original "gunslinger" class in Grim Dawn, sorta). Any other class synergise well with Inquisitor?

Inquisitor main damage types are Fire (of course), cold, and lightning. Necro makes a decent pairing, I don't know how good Nightblade works, because half the passives are exclusive to one another (Either two melee or two gun, pick one) Shaman is fucky because of the same reason as Nightblade. Occultist works because the primary fire spell can be made Chaos. Soldier is fucking stupid, Arcanist has your damage types ALL OVER THE PLACE.

get a build that uses shadow strike/blitz & get a riftstone component. SS can have its cooldown reduced generously so its your go-to "teleport" ability. With two of these tele abilities make sure to cap out your movement speed with whatever you can and spam both teles to fly through maps as long as there are groups of monsters available

Yeah I know around what I'm building
Hopefully it's not to much of a pain in the ass to deal with the mana consumption cause this spell is fucking amazing

If all else fails, throw Ectoplasms at your gear. They upped the drop rate thank god

Also, if you get Magi (the constellation) and enough Burn modifiers, consumption won't mean much because you won't need to use as much. Not to mention the endline skill mod and, as someone mentioned, Ectoplasms.

how can shadow strike's cooldown be reduced?

Second skill modifier/CDR on gear/maybe some legendaries/belgothian's carnage

Hey, can someone tell me how my build is doing? I just unlocked the final rift gate before Loggy and I'm grinding out devotions before I move on to Elite.
grimtools.com/calc/L2JL0RgZ

Drop Magi take Rhowans Crown. Maxing overload is kind of shit, I'd personally drop that down to 1 point. Definitely get Mirror of Erections even if it's just 1 point. Maybe put a point into Olexra's Flash Freeze for kiting. Get Inquisitors seal at some point.

lamo

You might also want to get Mistborn Talisman as as a default attack.

I kinda have hope, because the last modifier it's -%25 energy cost, that plus something from constellations should make this work

Yeah I still don't know how I will go with my devotions, but yeah the magi seem like a given

This is the first time I've played a diablo clone. At what point does this game become fun/challenging? I have felt no emotions at any point while playing. Is necromancer just broken or what? I've used a total of five health potions and I've had to resummon skeletons after they've died maybe four times.

I dont even know who he is but gar'dalvur must have been a pretty cool guy to not just flip off his executioner but also have his hand permanently flipping him off long after his death.

Sounds like you haven't played much at all.

Pets are ridiculously strong in the beginning. It'll get harder once you reach the expansion content.

If it gets challenging down the line I have no problem getting invested, I'm just wondering if the way I'm playing the game is going to be a walking simulator.

I can't speak much for grim dawn since I've barely played it but PoE and Diablo 2 both start out slow and easy, and as acts progress they gradually get harder and more fast paced.

Everything is overpowered in the beginning if you invest at all into it (more than 1 point)

Are you new to video games?

They didn't say Soldier.

Well sure, but pets are on another level.

I personally find pets pretty boring. In GD it's not that bad, because you can still direct your pets via pet attack and have to cast a bunch of skills.

Since you asked about going fast in GD, that simply isn't possible in the same way it is in POE. There's no real movement skills and barely any movement speed. But as someone with 1500 hours in POE I still really like GD.

This tbh.

The fun in GD is doing crazy shit with your build, like firing bullets while the screen gets spammed with explosions, homing monsters, and giant fucking lasers.

If anyone is leveling with flames of ignaffar like myself the modifier from word of renewal gives +25% energy regen, only downside is that you have to go 2 handers but with this plus ectoplasms you are basically set for flamethrower leveling

?

That 25% is additive with any other % energy regen you have besides spirit %, I think. So it's really not that good since offhands alone give up to 80%. Flat regen is way more potent.

AAR and Tome of Arcane wastes

AAR mechanics are retarded. The laser is not instant, it takes quite some time to fly out like a wet noodle. But when you change direction of the "laser" it's instant. Retarded.

The flamethrower is a better laser tbh

Nice digits you got there friend.
Also I guess I will be on look out for a good regen off hand then, I just put it on since I was using a 2 hander already and seemed good enough for the time being

Agreed. I never could get into AAR builds because of how the skill handles, the skill needs a damage boost and be able to pierce. At least Obliteration pierces and Flames of Ignaffar can get a substantial burn debuff on enemies so you can move and still do damage.

Conflagation relic and ->

Any cool Occultist/Necro builds not built around minions? Just starting out.

I lost all my saves for all my games including GD a few months back. It was when I was playing co-op with a friend too.
I'm willing to play this again for the expasion but if I go solo now it'd be so lonely. Anybody want to team up?

I've been meaning to try a necromancer character, sure.

solo isn't that bad for some builds, but it's horribly jarring for others. Personally, my rioter blackwater cocktail/flashbang build is the one I constantly have hilarious amount of fun because I don't even meet the enemy for most room clearing, I just toss two molotovs at the door and toss a flashbang in to get their attention and spam molotovs on anything that comes out. Since BWC is plenty strong without speccing fully into arcanist, I've been meaning to either remake that build into flamethrower rioter (maybe with BWC morph, but it feels like less fun when you don't get to spam molotovs) with inquisitor.

A vitality caster should work. Sigil of Consumption/Siphon Soul
or something like that.

I'd totally join, but you're all probably burgers and I'll have to stop being awake til 8am next week.

neat
server name: rest in piss HDD
pass is adf123
Veteran difficulty

I left it to 4 people so that anybody else can join.

At the moment, I'm trying to build a high mana regen, high life drain essence with mark of wendigo + wendigo totem build that can basically facetank bosses while lifedraining. At the moment, it seems like omen might be my go to choice for craftable weapon since it's level 25 and has an on attack activated lifedrain skill.

Remember to go to the island and beat up level 5 sneks at level 2. It'll probably get your levels up to at least 3 or 4 easy.

ah yea, thanks for reminding me.
When I discovered that the early game was a breeze.

I'm having trouble seeing it.

Also shit like dynamite can be placed in shared chest now. Which means you no longer need to wait till act 2 to start the trials, but I think there's a minimum level for the mobs spawned in east wightmire.

With ratosh devotion giving -life leech resist I imagine that should work really well even against bosses.

same

say what now? We finally got shared chests?

Had my adapter set to hamachi for my friend's pirated copy. Try now

Wasnt it since long time ago?
Also chest in expansion is separate from regular chest BUT you can use your old chest for crafting via blacksmith.

Cant connect, probably wrong game version. Have you updated grim dawn yet?

No, I tested the inter-character shared chest after the update and found that I could now stash all types of crafting materials and even dynamites and skeleton keys when before it was limited to soulbound to character.

multiplayer music tbh

if im not mistaken isnt the 24% main hand for the bullrush?

Yes. Skeletons don't scale with your weapon. In fact not even the proc does.

That was a good multiplayer session, only minimal running ahead with few interruptions.

Does multiplayer work with codex release?

Really makes you think. Whoever could you be talking about?

Are there any capes yet?

No

I guess I still aint buying it then.
What the fuck happened to video games?
Two Worlds 2 had kickass capes.
Fucking Nox had capes, and it used sprites!
And now when tech is readily available devs are too fucking lazy to make an essential fantasy attribute a thing.
At least DOS2 got them.

Its not that much of a fantasy.

I know the loot table for an ARPG always screams ABUNDANT MATERIAL but I think the in universe canon is that people are back to basics and manufacturing fabric is actually hard again.

Do player characters actually look as they do in OP's pic of the woman clutching a skull?

No

What is that DLC?
Is it supposed to be played from scratch or is designed as end-game content for players beaten the main game.
I liked the base but never finished it.
If I get it do I start again, or just continue from where I left off?

This. Last boss is a Baal.

Is that a LOD reference? Does he look similar to Diablo's Baal?

These were probably his trousers.

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198304908055/recommended/642280/
Is this guy bullshitting or not?

You are correct.
It took me a while to realize that. I'd thought that Bull Rush was an inherent ability that the Skeletons just had by default. It turns out that I'd accidentally set Bull Rush to the skeletons when I was trying to figure out what the fuck devotion skills were. I just clicked shit randomly, got frustrated when I couldn't figure out how to put Bull Rush on my hot bar, and then forgot about it for 30 hours.

I've not seen anything really triggering yet, but who knows. This is the world the feminists created with their huge pro-womyn anti-pissbaby campaign. Push yields pushback - overreaction in one direction garners similar overreaction right back in your face.

Maybe he's spot on, maybe he's being oversensitive and silly, maybe he's just trolling. No matter which case, we're at a point where all three are essentially the same thing.

Low energy bait. You trying a saving one old woman daughters but they are breeding combines for aetherial Fleshworks and you "save them" with fire. Just like in "Aliens". Its on first pick ->>>13573458 (this "!" is a "save woman with fire")

If you can put devotions on your raise skeletons. Could you put the devotion that raises skeletons, on your skeletons?

I've not fully learned how the devotions work, but there seem to be limits. There are some amazing nukes and self-heals that I can't put on my skeletons for example. I've not even seen the devotion skill you're talking about on the chart yet.

Isn't saving women something feminists hate?
I'm pretty sure the whole "mario saving peach is misogynistic" started this mess.

Its been a while since I last played, but I'm pretty sure its the grim reaper at the top left of the starmap.

Feminists hate everything, if the objective is to sve a woman then they call it "damsel in distress" but if it's the female saving a male then they call it "Male power fantasy" you can't win with them.

Saving women is something feminists hate.
Not saving women is something feminists hate.
Man-like women is something feminists hate.
Womanly women is something feminists hate.
They hate everything and you're always wrong and evil and a bigot if you live and breathe.
That's the crux of the problem.

1 pic.

Read 2 pic. I think this is why.

That's some heavy metal shit right there.
It's anything BUT feminism.

Which relic is this?

Dirge of Arkovia
grimtools.com/db/search?query=dirge&in_description=1&exact_match=0

Thanks user, any other recommendations for someone who wants to assemble an army of spook? Besides necro skills, the devotion and that relic

grimtools.com/calc/lV7pqAvZ

Here's the lord of souls build I was planning. If anons can take a look at how to optimize the build (especially the devotion trees) I'll be a happy camper.

and then you go into "the womb" and find pic related; you then proceed to cleanse it with fire
the whole expansion is based around the aeterials not knowing how to control the flesh desires and basically going nuts and doing all this experimentation in humans it's pretty fucking metal if you ask me

So they inhabit a meat body and suddenly they just can't stop fucking long enough to fight their war with Cthulhu?

Yeah, this was foreshadowed all the way back when you murdered Krieg, remember?

I don't. I'll have to pay more attention on my next run through. I found most of Act 1 so dull that I just kind of switched off. Things only really picked up for me around the time I got to Sorrow's Bastion.
I have most of the lore, so I should probably start by re-reading all of that rather than skimming it in the middle of fighting as I've been doing.

Yeah pretty much, you also find an NPC in the womb who tells you you that all the aetherials in malmouth are fucking crazy and he just wants to inform to the bosses up top, but he was imprisioned, you can choose to let him go or kill him, I set him free and he tells you that he will inform to the top aetherials and try to stop the crazy ones but that time in the aether just moves differently and you should go and kill the boss anyways, he then just poofs away

That's wild.
Maybe they think "I'll just have a quick fuck and then we'll go do some war" but because time is different between aetherial and mortal planes, their fuck is actually eternal.

i haven't gotten to the expansion stuff but playing through up until krieg you find a journal/missive about The aetherial inside the warden krieg wasn't a sadist, krieg is just trying to regain control and this makes the aetherial more like its human host I wonder if the aetherial could forget that it isn't human and start thinking its always been krieg, that scares me man

From what I understand, it just that the aetherials just dont know how to deal with human emotions, Warden Krieg twisted his invader into a sadistic bastard just like him, same story with Cronley, if you have a strong enough "will" you can pretty much turn the tables and you start influencing the spirit.
the aetherial npc that you free tells you that he was lucky enough to invade a boy scout so that he got "good" influences from his host, but that not all aetherials where so lucky
this is just speculation from me, but I think that they setting up that the aetherials are going to say fuck this and stop the invasion, leaving us to clean the crazy one that stay behind (that just leaves us with the chthonians, random cultists and old gods walking around cairn :^) )

More like they affected by vessel mind and easy to capture weak-minded people who crave to power and mindless violence. More like vessel now share a same desires and aetherial drive them insane for power and mindless brutality/violence.

Same happen with aetherial who process you in intro.

>When the single strongest, most 'good', most altruistic being in the entire setting, is undeniably WOMAN STRONK

Nevermind Anastasia, or Elise, or the Taken (If you make a female character). Fems getting triggered by this game are fucking stupid. There's only one game I would say is truly sexist in design and creation and that's Metroid Other M

Maybe I missed a post but I thought it was the opposite thing happening? some guy on the steam forums think this shit is feminism.
I dont think they are honestly, to me it just sounds like they wanted something cool.

"She" is aetherial and they dont have a gender - it energy emanation.

poor guy.

Vire is kinda going for the "mother earth" angle rather than the woman stronk. Come on now, every single culture that eventually generated animism venerated earth as the "mother".

You could play with another person that has the same version and uses something like hamachi or evolve.

Game have a Local.

Yeah, apparently that note about younger, stronger females making better breeding machines was feminist propaganda? Girls make babies, that's just the way it works

are you asking?

Just an update: we're still playing and have room for 1 more if they are interested.
We've reached homestead though, so you should probably be around level 31.

Have only few 21 lvl and bunch of 85-100 endlevel character.

Why the fuck do western devs always do this shit? Path of Exile did it too with the Scion looking like trash in-game despite the promo art they use for her. Fucking bunch of lying fags.

The character models are underwhelming. However you do get to see the OP pic titty girl on every loading screen, so you'll at least be seeing that a lot.

Decided to reroll my purifier into a mage hunter so I could focus on flames of ignaffar, its waaay better like this, the +energy regen passive from arcanist is just perfect, also I get access to mirror and maiven's sphere which are top tier.

Also iskandra elemental exchange should buff flames of ignaffar with all that flat elemental damage right? if they not I can alway drop them and travel to maivens augment that should make me even more tankier

Anyone wanna play? I'm like level 6 or something, effectively just started.

I mean, if you need it, but shouldn't you just be hammering points into +elemental?

Considering an Occultist/Nightblade build based around poison from Dreeg's Evil Eye. Does Lethal Assault work with it? It says attacks, but I don't know if spells are considered attacks. The spell gets weapon damage which from what I know means it should inherit bonuses that apply to attacks, but if it's also reducing their bonuses to only 10% then it's probably useless. How does it all work?

If it says scales with player bonuses, then it works from gear buffs. If a skill says activates off default attack skills it means a normal attack or a skill where your guy is actively smashing his pointy/smashy/shooty bit into someone else.

It does work with evil eye. The acid and cold flat damage bonuses will get reduced to the weapon damage % from blood burst. Generally, spells/skills don't benefit from flat damage from anything unless it has some weapon damage % in the tooltip.
The % acid and poison damage and OA will be applied in full. It won't be as much damage bonus as you think though since all % bonuses stack additively except "damage modified by X%" things.
Occultist/nightblade is highest damage poison dealing spec, but also very squishy since you have no defensive abilites other than healing and you have to be very close to trigger the poison resist reduction from Night's Chill

I loved playing what amounted to a missionary of Dreeg, but I forgot what other class I added. The most I remember was stacking Poison like it was going out of style and tossing eyeballs everywhere.

For the expansion I think a tanky missionary of dreeg with occultist and necromancer is very much possible.

The elemental damage does buff flames of ignaffar. It still sucks though, as you only get as much elemental damage as you get % weapon damage. Flames has 24% at 16/16 so you'd only get 24% of the flat damage added. Not worth it most likely.

(checked)
Probably nightblade.

Here is few legendaries what add more flat damage from main weapon to flames of ignaffar.

I remember my old lvl 22 BWC build (yes, I fully overlevelled it, but this before the BWC buff happened) only having 21k DPS as a pure caster when my fire and burn bonuses both exceed 2000% (But it made up for it by being a stackable AOE attack that doesn't require me to channel or even be present in the same room to achieve results). Being a caster in GD scales a lot steeper than being a fighter.

Also found out that the new grimcalc allows you to upload save files and it shows up with all your items and respective bonuses. Behold my vacuum cleaner build I'm working on.

grimtools.com/calc/DV9nk0lZ

Is it fine as long as I keep max resists and kite? Should I pick up a shield? I figured two sources of slowdown would do for staying out of melee.

Just fought Cronley, with the top 5 resists >70% damage from them barely register but my bottom 5 resists are all shit, can barely get 10% there and stuff like bleeding attacks hurt like hell. There any good way to boost those? Haven't really gone through the crafting or socketing mechanics so I don't know what's available.

I do get some sick damage through. Pic related. Kind of amusing to see rock monster heroes be poisoned to death in seconds.

Even if you add 30% from legendaries and make it 26/16 for 64% weapon damage it's still bad. He also said he just started leveling a character, so I highly doubt he has access to endgame legendaries.
You obviously also have to consider that IEE gives huge energy leech, which is really nice for skills with alot of mana cost. The elemental damage itself is fairly worthless though, but since you might want the leech while leveling it's a nice bonus.

Max your resists and Heal Devotions before damage.

That only applies to BWC.

Not sure what you mean by this, but if you're talking about damage that's objectively untrue

Yeah the very reason why I made a BWC build was that I noticed the enemy BWC damage stacked on me.

I mean to increase the overall damage output of the skill the build is based around. A fighter build (meaning any skill with %main hand damage like cadence or laceration) would far exceed 21k DPS if they stacked more than 2000% damage bonus. For example the only reliable way I had to up the BWC's builds overall damage without resorting to other skills was through the maximum flat damage from a lvl 22 BWC.

Oh yeah, I know how to play D2-clones. Every piece of armor is providing at least two sources of resistance and I have a half dozen rings in my last sack to swap in and out, but the bottom 5 resists are really hard to find and are only showing up as lonely +8% or so.

What are the some good healing devotions to take?

For your build? Giant Blood, Chariot of the Dead (side constellation is Wretch) and Dryad. All of them are needed for Elite/Ultimate in mele build no mater what your damage tip.

Oh, so you mean like going into ultimate levels? Then yeah thats true. The guy I was responding to was asking about how good IEE's elemental damage is for Flames of Ignafart though, that's why I broguht up 26/16 FoI. Obviously it's good to max skills and especially so for spells.

The magic of IEE is that it's actually absurdly good for skills that do more DoT than pure elemental. The second skill for IEE is useless since it gives a choice of 3 elemental damages that activates one at a time but the third skill for IEE is basically a pretty steep increase in elemental DoT bonuses. I've not played a inquisitor so I have no idea about how flamefarting spell scales with/without IEE, but it does make a quite a difference for BWC.

It should be fine if you kite but then you won't often be taking advantage of the poison resist reduction aura.
Aether, stun(and other CC), and chaos resists aren't common until later difficulties. Craft silk swatches for pierce + bleed resist or runestones for elemental+bleed. You probably need rep with some place for those though. Also before you head into ultimate, you might want to get to 70 and grind some rep first to get access to resist augments.

IEE does nothing for BWC. You get 0 damage increase out of it. IEE only affects weapon attacks. I even went onto my sorc to check.

IEE itself doesn't do anything, but the damage bonus from the third skill applies to burning. Last I played my BWC, I tested around the tooltip to find that out. Elemental balance I think it is. Basically I ran IEE as 1/1/12 and that boosted my BWC burn damage.

Yeah, that's how you should do it. But the guy in the post I originally responded to specifically asked about the elemental damage of IEE.

I dont have that much experience leveling caster on gd, so far the damage output it's nuts but I know that eventually you get into some unavoidable hits, like teleports and stuff.

Yeah, it does buff it, so far I have had no problems, also olexra flash freeze gives -100% fire resist and aura of censure gives -30%, thats -130% fire resist without devotions shenanigans like elemental storm, I want this to work and if it does not, well at least it's a fun build.

Thanks, those look good.

Thanks

Also any comments about using a shield over a focus as a caster?

IMO you'll only be forced to use a focus if you're channeling (or built around a skill that requires a focus) and you need every scrap of mana regen or if you need the bonus damage from the focus. Otherwise a shield caster is fine.

But for chanelling builds that are not AAR, I would recommend getting mana absorb from enemy spells over maxing mana regen since once you get the ball going, you'll be standing there facetanking anyway.

Is there a minion class similar to skelemancer in d2?

Yes, Skelemancer.

Kubacabra is fucking retarded. Fully heals like that other bullshit boss.

Manage to kill it after an hour.
It splits into two identical ones.
What in the motherfuck.

And killing one of those just creates 2 more.

I saw that bullshit life steal on my skeliemancer Cabalist, and just gave him a wide berth, good to see that nemesis bosses are still kinda stupid strong kek

My vacuum cleaner build works. I just beat loggy without losing health at all.

Lure him out from "red ground" what heals him and kill him. After every split up run away and again lure him out from healing ground.

Well okay.

Is there a mod to let you see enemy HP in proper numbers?

I haven't tried necro yet but, is that as crazy good as I think it is?

No. The best build are always melee.