1998 is almost 30 years ago

Just as the subject said. 1998 has almost been 30 years ago. Perhaps we should address that? have a RE general?

What direction would you like the series to go in?
Do you think maybe games need to do the hollywood reboot thing sometimes?

Is the big problem with "Survival horror" and perhaps horror in a genre in general is that it has to be tied to the time in which it is created/takes place in? (I actually have more than passing thoughts on this).

Is the RE series just something that can't be made in today's world under contemporary constrictions?

Is it best done as a period piece (late 1990s?)

kill yourself

It's called Calculus. Make sure you ask your 8th grade teacher about this tomorrow, kid.

see

1.) 2018 - x = 1998
2.) -x = -20
3.) x = 20
4.) 20 != 30

Oh, you're autistic.

No need to feel so insecure that you can't comprehend infinity. It has to stop somewhere right?! haha!

Great math, OP. I'm sure you have an intellectually stimulating job and a responsible adult life that is all a result of your Mensa-tier intellect.

Guys i'm sorry I was drunk and forgot I was posting in 2017.

Anyway. 20 years. Where should RE go? Is horror ultimately locked into the era its made?

Example of the second question: Consider the X-files made in modern times. In an era where smart phones and instant video and instant pictures to the internet are a thing. Not really working right? Horror works in part due to mystery. And the magic of horror in the 90's, much like the 20's is a certainty that humanity had in its technology and its mastery of the world around them. But yet, the best horror, happens out of the edges of that mastery, beyond that technology, beyond those limits.

What I guess I'm asking, in a meta sense, is that if you consider PERIOD as a setting along with everything else, can the first Resident Evil game work, logically, these days?

I have no idea what you're talking about. Fuck you, fuck OP, and fuck this thread. You're probably a corporate RE shill trying to get us to buy these steaming piles of baboon shit. Fucking kill yourself, learn to add, and never coem back.

I'm drunk and forgot what year i'm posting in.

>KILL YOURSELF!!!!!!!

You got so drunk you thought it was the future? 10/10 OP, you're doing well at life.

There is nowhere for the series to go. It peaked with 2 for classic fans, and 4 for younger fans. As veterans of this hobby grow up, focus on their careers, and exit the industry, the new standards will be RE5+. Eventually, the RE we all know and love will be long forgotten, or it will be "le ebin tank controls hahahah."

Unfortunately, the series is dead. I feel like Fatal Frame, if done right, woudl fit in more with this era. Everybody has a phone on their camera, and it doesn't need internet to work. Think a creepy farm, no internet, it's in Japan, and you have your cell.

Yeah future.

Ok I have a few answers to that.

My first RE game was RE2 and I didn't even own a playstation or anything. I played it first with my (then) step father and in all honesty it was my first introduction to zombies as a horror creature. I fell in love then.
Shortly after, I caught Dawn of The Dead late night on a pirated show…

Anyway…I have enjoyed nearly every entry I've played but maybe for their own merits most of all. I owned RE2 on PC as soon as I got one that could play it (it came with this kick ass windows 98 theme) and I played RE1 on the gamecube after playing RE4.
RE5 I didn't mind but I realized it was a turn from horror to action. I had the same feeling for RE4, honestly but RE5 was pure action.
RE6 was just…i don't know…at least the girls were super fappable in game. (although in my youth I used to fap to Claire's ass in RE2. I would push her up against a wall that would have the perfect angle to watch it sway back and forth and hold it there until finished).

But what I'm saying is…perhaps horror is locked into timeframes? There seems to be a component of horror that mixes human certainty into sudden uncertainty + exclusion from the outside world.

Not bullying you at all, but are you from wizardchan? You type exactly like somebody from wizardchan. You can always tell it'll be a quality post if it's one of us.

What a stupid OP

Not at all. I've managed to have real sex.
Sorry to disappoint you.
Or give you hope?
I don't know how it works for you.

I'm disappointed, but I don't look down on others for slaying succubi. You seem like a genuinely good poster, or maybe it's that wizchan users hang out on Holla Forums too much.

They fucked it up, really fucked it up with the pacing of the franchise with the game's story, gameplay innovation, and horror, it was all over the place, and sometimes they gave their B and C teams a RE game to work with and most of the time, they end up like shit and a stain to the franchise.
If the series is to survive, they need to stop using their action hero characters.

Its a disgrace they ruined her.

It's a disgrace you're allowed to breathe.

I should probably just look this up but I'm sure someone here is knowledgeable about it: what's the relationship between the Resident Evil series and Dino Crisis?

yeh she looks heaps different

She was cute in-game though

I'm seriously considering making an infograph showing 1998 and 2018 side by side. Nothing slated to come out next year shows it will be anywhere remotely close to how good 1998 was. 1998 is such a memorable year for gaming that even normalfags are aware of its significance.

There is probably no better time to spotlight how good we had it then and how bad we had it now than this coming year. Making a meme out of it would cause insane asspain to the plebs in media, development, publishing, and the ones who give them money.

Apart from her clothes? Not really. Facial structure is essentially the same.
Also this

God tier bait

Had myself a hearty laugh.

user, i think that you are retarded

No it's not, are you literally retarded?

Holy fuck did this thread make the newfags pop out of the woodworks

Never change, Holla Forums.

Learn to fucking count, OP

Consider your retarded ass filtered

Is that you, Titor?

Yesterday was three ice ages ago.

Cool it down with the autistic remarks.

You scared me for a second there, retard OP. I actually had to count to make sure you were wrong and I hadn't lost track of time that badly.

What movie is that from?

You should be more ashamed of yourself than OP to be honest.

Dubs

Yes, there are; but there are only a finite number of whole integers, and whole integers are how we measure years.

Idiot.

Dead snow 2
I like how I made a post 20 minutes ago, it got stuck at 100% like usual and then it never even appeared in the thread while it updated

So it's 2027 NOW?!
Holy fuck how long was I unconscious?!
I'm 38 now…

this
thread/

Has anyone here considered that maybe OP is a lying sack of shit and time travelled back to 2017 from 2027, took a nap, and then forgot to go back before posting?

Nigga no, 20!=2.432902x10^18

You could have just done 2018 - 1998 = 20

"!=" is a more common method for typing "=/=" or "does not equal", and is used in programming languages. 20 factorial would be "20! = 2.432902x10^18", not "20 != 2.432902x10^18"

OP can you just delete this fucking thread so we can have an actual Resident Evil thread in a few days or something?

Seems a lot of anons are highly insecure about not being young, handsome, intellectual 20 year olds anymore.

Speak for yourself, fag lord.