/ogc/ - Racing Games General - Crumple Edition

Everything being kinda slow and Forza 7 being complete ass put me in a shit mood so I'm skipping adding news for this one OP. (Mostly just because it's a slow news week though.)

I do have some questions though;

Other urls found in this thread:

ogc.wikia.com/wiki/OGC_Wikia
steamdb.info/search/?a=app&q=forza
amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B014US02ZA/55467-20/ref=gb1h_img_m-3_3342_169dd9fc?smid=AANSFONOCR8T3&psc=1&pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3
archive.is/AdKXO
amazon.com/dp/B00FB5R1AQ/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I1UH1U6UY1LX4R&colid=1L4QZE3Q9ODA
steamcommunity.com/id/kickthesaracensout
discord.gg/hXmJrJr
youtube.com/watch?v=uK6rnOEetWo
racedepartment.com/downloads/2017-career-helmet-template.16870/
youtube.com/watch?v=ngOmBAQwvwc
racedepartment.com/threads/how-did-a-f2002-mod-from-ac-end-up-in-f1-2017.142884/#post-2610705
blog.codemasters.com/community/10/onrush-racing-game-from-codemasters-get-ready-for-the-rush/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Your video game genre is a shit.

1. I like having them unlocked and just trying them all individually
2. Not rocket league, no. Combat racers maybe
3. In arcade games I like them when they're unrealistically fast and grippy and zippy, OR super doriftu slidey
4. Nordschleife and Spa already exist

Spa Historic is one of the chillest circuits ever

Kerbnigger get out

Turbonerd who can't hit an apex to save his lap time detected.

What is good racing vidya for pc? Gran turismo 3 runs like ass in emulator and forza is xbox only. I feel like pc got fucked when it comes to racing games.
I am relatively new to race games on pc though so if you know of any good games let me know.
I've pirated my summer car and car mechanic simulator 2015 to test my mechanic skills. Both are pretty decent but too tedious for me to get comfy.

Don't tell the other anons I said this… but The Crew is actually pretty decent on PC with a gamepad if you're looking for something semi-casual

Aside from that, there is a list of games /ogc/ DOES approve of on the wikia. Not all are on PC natively.

ogc.wikia.com/wiki/OGC_Wikia

I looked into pirating the crew but its like 20 gigs

If you're goin for lightweight- Trackmania and Absolute Drift are very fun

The majorty of games released now are like 50 GB+, the fuck are you on about? Time for a drive that's larger than 5 GB I think.

What a pleb.

spit

LOL, are you still playing on a 1998 Compaq or something? 20 gigs aint shit.

Forza 7

Forza wasnt cracked on PC yet? what the fuk are these niggers doing

Win10 games are the hardest to crack, not even crack, i mean i think they have only managed to bypass validations but the moment an update hits they have to redo all the work again

Why is project cars 2 so awkward? I can't put my finger on it but somehow feels wrong. Maybe me coming from Assetto Corsa

I feel like you should be able to articulate this with some modicum of specificity. Is it just overall feel of the car for you or what?

Cop Corvettes are heavier than I remembered.
I find it stupid that you have to equip a skill mod just to see cops in the minimap.

Project Cars 2 is perfectly fine. There is nothing wrong with the handling at all.

This is exactly what I had in mind when someone asked if SMS had better physics yet in the last thread. Nice quaddubs, by the way.

Is it stupid that you have to equip a radar detector to find cops IRL? Step your headcannon up senpai.

That's a fair point I guess.
But my point is that in previous and future NFS games, you can see cops in the minimap. In World, it takes 2 precious skill slots that you'll very rarely find anyone with that skill.

That does sound like a pain. I've never played World and I think you're the first person I've met that has, so this is news to me.

i got the same experience starting out in the game

i have my wheel set up properly within the game and it works properly now

Forza Horizon is coming to Windows 7 and 8 soon.

sauce?

Horizon 3? Source?

I like unlocking them in the career mode, but at the same time I want all of them available for custom races.
I guess so… but isn't Rocket League more a football game than a racing one? But I don't mind it anyways, it makes threads more alive.
I dunno, but I think Hot Pursuit 2 and the new one were quite fun.
Fantasy track with a lot of fun corners and interesting scenery to look at.

Speaking of fantasy tracks, why are simgames so afraid of them, I love them, there is a charm of real life tracks, but every sim has them now. Please gib more fun fantasy tracks!

Think it was leaked on steamdb.

I will probably watch some gameplay later, but how did they mess it up? Less customization? Less vehicles compared to other forza games? Physics same as horizon or worse?

This subaru-fan is probably going to die of old age before subaru is going to be allowed to have a go at WRC again.

OK, off the top of my head.
Basically forced limitations on upgrades in career and multiplayer. Killing all the fun car builds you can think of. No more racing a Class S Datsun against a bunch of super cars.
They fucking reduced the credits you earn (as well as remove credit bonuses for turning off assists) while making cars almost 10 times more expensive. All in an effort to get you to buy more loot crates. Which they're planning on implementing the token(real money) system into.
Saved up enough money for your dream car? Ahaha, fuck you. You have to buy a bunch of the unlocked cars before you can unlock just the ability to buy the one you want… or you can try your hand at more looooooooooooooot craaaaaaaaaaates!!!
This is just a personal thing, but it's wider(more casual and boring) and uglier than the Forza 4 version. Impressive, really.
They need to abandon drivatar already. The only time it was good was in Forza 1 and that's because the only drivatar was yours when you didn't feel like racing. That drivatar was also better because the way to train it was specifically on a track with no cars on it so it learned how you cornered and hit the breaks, not how you rammed the fucking AI out of the way.
Even worse than Horizon 3. Crashes, bugs, long loading, and performance problems on even 1080ti cars + top tier CPUs.

There's probably more to it if you dig deeper, but these alone are huge problems and I'm glad I still have Forza 4.

Deal breaker. I don't need to hear more. I don't care if it's free, (I avoid free2play anyway) those crate systems or microtransactions in general are deal breakers for me.

I remember Forza 3 or 4 had a 59€ season pass, and I hate Forza since then. Was the last Forza game I bought and looks like I will not buy any other Forza games either.

Fucking PCars 2 public lobbies are full of faggots

Disregard. I went back to ask the host wtf happened and he didn't even know. Guess it was network stuff maybe. Thanks for reading my blog.

Nigga, what?
steamdb.info/search/?a=app&q=forza

Wew laddy, I suppose I could look past all that if the physics are somewhat good. Maybe not though considering I didn't like the way the cars felt in FM6 and especialy FM5, felt like I was driving on snow. FM4 was pretty arcadey but it was good stuff.

Probably a desync.

They fucked the best part of these kinds of games, beating F40s with old Mini Coopers.
I'm literally shigying my diggies
pour quoi?
Pour quoi? intensifies
fuck this I'm sticking with beamNG.

Yup, cars are locked into tiers now. Different cars are in separate, higher tiers.Your rank determines what tiers you can buy up to. How do you get the points needed to climb those ranks? Buy aquiring cars of course! And of course since cars are now so expensive to buy on their own, the best option is to throw your money at loot crates and hope for more random cars to increase your rank that way. Selling cars also loses you points, it's based on your current collection of cars. So basically don't think you can just buy crates then sell the cars from them in order to grind it out. On top of that, specific cars can only be obtained from loot crates so you might not even have the chance to buy the car you want without going to the auction house and paying higher prices. (Auction house not included on release.)

Drivatars are basically AI that learn from people as they play. Each player has their own drivatar AI that mimics how they race as they play the game normally. So now instead of normal AI, the game pulls in random player's and friend's AI into your own races. Think about how aggressive the average person is against AI. Now thing about every AI being that average person. Now think about the average person being even more aggressive at those AI. Now think about the AI learning from that. It's a bullshit feedback loop and it infuriates me.

Nigger are you a cuck or something? Are you seriously considering giving your wife to ms and having them fuck her? Nigger how can you buy a game that has microtransactions?

do any of you fags remember dirt 2.
I fucking loved that game, but it was plagued by (((GAMES FOR WINDOWS LIVE))) meaning i couldnt save.
Dirt 3 and rally just aint the same game.
I want my fucking game back.
Lost the cd anyways.
On a sidenote, i really want to return to racing games, are there any good simcade/arcade ones for PC that are worth a pirate?

>I fucking loved that game, but it was plagued by (((GAMES FOR WINDOWS LIVE))) meaning i couldnt save.
You can save through, I pirate it about a year ago and it was working, all you need to do is create a "local profile" and you're done.

Well I'm currently playing Dirt 4, it's similar to Dirt 2 when it comes to physics, I finally tuned FFB to feel somewhat right, but it's still a simcade. The tracks are not as memorable as in 2, at least the ones I played so far and the graphics almost seem worse, but are probably on par. But you have a neat team management thing, although more options for customization would be welcome. Also if you didn't like the Dirt Rally, this one is much, much more forgiving.
Also I think Grid 1 is worth checking out, I didn't play the newer ones, but I've read that Autosport is also a good one. Just be aware that the first one has that yellow colour filter over it, but everything else is good, at least in my opinion.
You can also check Project Cars 2, I've not played it, but apparently it's pretty good, even on a controller. WRC 7 is also supposed to be worth checking out.

I didn't play rally yet. Thanks for the advice though.
I just assumed it wasn't the same game and more realistic(because i wanted a simcade and a more rally cross experience, you know, dirt 2). I don't think it is bad, same way i dont consider dirt 3 bad, just that i want my fucking game.
Well, I bought a russian copy on release, and i was still a dumb child who didnt speak english well. After all these years i still remember the tracks. I still remember the game play.
The game was fucking amazing.
Thanks mate, will try them.

No problem, just another advice if you're going to play Dirt 4. Turn the crowd setting in the graphic menu to lowest, this is the main problem for bad performance, you will gain at least 10 fps if not double or even triple that. I'm not sure what kind of PC you're having, I don't have the best one so I keep my settings mix of low and medium, but make sure you have weather on high and particle effect on at least medium or you won't see anything during the fog.

I could get it second hand for $30, I'm smarter than that, user.

Both. If the game has a story mode of some kind then I want to collect cars, but it should also have a fuck around mode that lets you use whatever against whatever.
Only if the focus is on driving and not playing sportsball.
Being able to fully control whether or not you want to take a corner in a sweet line or full dorifto.
Isle of man, I'm still waiting for that IoM TT that was teased a while back.

and the second hand copy comes with all dlc? It's in my opinion not worth it.

Has Richard Burns Rally bene surpassed yet or are we still waiting?

I haven't played RBR but the consensus is that physics-wise Dirt Rally is the closest, but comes short due to short stages and few locations. Plus it's a ded game. I'm gonna have to try RBR once I wear out Dirt Rally.

nigga, you were right
tried spa historic and goddamn i spin out at high speed at the 2nd long stretch

i thought it was the blizzard weather condition

have no problem with laguna seca because im used to that track now

Pad player in real life.

No not really, Dirt Rally and WRC7 comes somewhat close but RBR is still the best. Too bad it's a complete pain in the ass to mod.

I'm not into racing games but a friend of mine is a buff on that shit, even have a driving seat and all that stuff. Is F1 new game worthy or any similar game? I was in a sure bet with gran turismo but he said he didn't like the last one…
Here have some tits for the blatant spoonfeeding

What does /ogc/ think of Wipeout?

It's a shitty game that is SEVERELY overrated, and I genuinely cannot comprehend how it came to be so overrated. I've seen people saying it's because it's fast, but it doesn't feel fast at all. The overly tight tracks just make it a clusterfuck rather than letting you feel any sense of speed. The handling is also garbage.

I love Zone and Detonator modes and its sense of style.

God damn it I kinda want it, despite playing all three games to like 90% completion.

I think it's pretty fun

its as fun as your trips

game?

Dirt Rally's rallycross

sounds good if it was flatout 4 or something

does dirt 4 have rallycross too?

Yeah but they added 2 extra tracks and some more variety

You're right there.. Its a poor mans f zero gx

Vanilla RBR has been surpassed a long time ago. It's only the best rally sim after you download 20 gb of mods off of some french forum that's been dead for several years.

It's a different game.
Wipeout has floatier ships with more mass, it's almost like wave racer in the way you have to toss the ship's weight around and manage the ship's nose to not slam on the track.

Wipeout also has a god tier art style and soundtrack.

Will we ever get a proper night and weather effects in Assetto Corsa?

Shadow of cuck is 100gb

FML

PCars 2 does still have some nagging bugs but goddamn user

Sadly, I'm on PS4, so it all has to be entered manually.

never ever

Shit gets so much more immersive when you turn the HUD all the way off.

Why does Gran Autismo feel so lifeless?

I'm sorry, user. I was mistaken. RIP.

Because it reflects the souls of the workers.

I liked 5 and 6, and am sad they ruined GT Sport.

i just want to learn how to drift better

Well, then don't use a front heavy AWD.

You could start by using a RWD car.

Progress.

T150 is only $149.99 on Amazon right now. Those base pedals suck dick but that's one hell of a deal. If anyone is thinking of getting a little more serious about simracing, or racing vidya in general, I'd take advantage of that deal. An even halfway decent FFB wheel will absolutely transform your experience.

amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B014US02ZA/55467-20/ref=gb1h_img_m-3_3342_169dd9fc?smid=AANSFONOCR8T3&psc=1&pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3

I'll be getting a g2x once I get a feckin' jerb, but thanks for the heads up.

Surprised you didn't try to tackle the combined variant. Going for only Atlantica, or do you plan on doing Aquatica once Atlantica is done?

Just trying Atlantica for now to keep the scope relatively constrained. I still need to get my hands on Assetto Corsa to see how this is all going to come together.

Couple of things.

First, it looks like you have assists turned on. Fine when you're racing, but if you want to get the car sideways it prevents that. Turn off almost everything, you can keep ABS on if you want to.
Secondly, you're using an AWD car which is incredibly stable and can drift but requires extensive tweaking. Use a RWD car in order to force oversteer. It works even better with manual transmission.
If all else fails, use my quick camber guide to get a base flow to your drifts going.

It's incredibly easy to work the file into AC or rFactor, I used to convert a rFactor map to AC every 3 days or so back in 2014. rFactor defines things using prefixes on the material assigned, while AC defines things using prefixes on the object itself. There are some minor differences for defining things like pit lanes, sector locations and some other minor things but not too bad.

If you'd want to have a go with it in rFactor first to get an idea of how it will work in AC rFactor is a really easy game to acquire.

archive.is/AdKXO

Electronic nannies aside, It's not only AWD
It's AWD with a 60/40 weight distribution, this makes the car very prone to understeer and is harder to keep sideways

tune your car for maximum oversteer. shit all i did was pump up the tires and can almost get some good drifts going even with assists on

It's ridiculous how much of a difference good car configuration makes in WRC7 and Dirt Rally. Should probably learn how to configure cars myself so I wouldn't have to rely on finding information on the forums. I swear engineers are probably more valuable than the drivers in rallying.

PCars 2 got a big update. Looks like oval tracks might actually be playable with AI now

Apparently it happened like four days ago, actually. I'm a huge faggot.

That's pretty recent for a thread like this. Also important for people who haven't bough it yet and probably won't come across that news otherwise.

Yeah I hadn't seen anything here so I thought it was brand new. I'll sink my teeth into the update later and report back anything conclusive. In other niche vidya news, "Overgrowth" is apparently out of early access finally hahahaaaaaaaa

I want to die lads.

just play wangan and pretend you're drifting in the mountains wangan is fucking shit

You can emulate arcade stage. Check video related desc for links.

Alright, well PCars 2 AI definitely seems to have been improved. I did a 16 lap oval race in stock car and another in indy, and there were perhaps two or three AI-caused crashes per those 32 laps. This was done at 80% skill 75% aggression. Aside from that, replay audio seems to be less ass (but still somewhat ass), and tire screech seems less pronounced but more descriptive (though this could be due to car/tire type I was using).

and I mean total crashes in the entire field, not just on me

from /ovg/ with love
founder's edition cover of GT Spork

Why Spork? Can't the title work in that you can't access or earn anything offline?

It's online only, there's jack shit for offline. Out of all the current games out on the market your best bet is probably PCARS 2.

I know that part, just was wondering why the parody box art didn't reflect/poke fun at that ridiculous decision.

The box isn't so much parodying the always online aspect but is a reference to a 4chan racing meme that happened during the Second Exodus or so right before our racing discussions popped up.

Shit, now I want a car designed ala German WWII tank designs, but it still looks like a supercar.

Google turbo panzer

I finally got a good PC, don't know what to buy(or pirate).
I'm a third world nigger so it's hard to buy every game, I'm divided between The Grid 2 and The Crew but I don't know which would be better. I don't want to buy a game that isn't focused on online play and at the same time I'm worried I might get high latency which might impact my races.
All I have aside from a keyboard and mouse is a gamepad btw

between Grid 2 and The Crew*

Games I can vouch for on PC with gamepad are The Crew, Trackmania, Absolute Drift, and CarX Drift Racing. I haven't tried too many arcade racers with a pad otherwise aside from emulating Tokyo Extreme Racer.

I can't say anything about Grid 2, but I've played the first one on a gamepad and it was very fun, I enjoyed it. I've read that the second one is terrible in comparison with the first one, but apparently the third one, called Grid Autosport is quite good. I don't think there is much price difference between them and both can be easily pirated, I personally would go with the Autosport. I should say that the main complaint everyone seems to have about 2 is that it's too arcadey, when the first one and the Autosport are more like a simcade, but still more on the arcade side.
As for The Crew, don't buy it, I got it for free when they were giving it away and I still feel cheated for just installing it. It ran extremely poorly, it relies on a ubisoft server that they will shut down in the near future since they are about to release The Crew 2. And most importantly it just isn't fun for me. My suggestion would be to pirate Test Drive Unlimited 2. I had fun with it playing with a gamepad.

Grid 2 is a lot like Grid.
I found it a chore after you go to race spec vehicles, but it was fun and slightly arcadey up to there. Haven't tried multiplayer. Would suggest you pirate.

Thanks for all the answers.

Will pirate both.

Will do further analysis through Steam stats to see which games have a healthier player base(aside from Absolute Drift and including a few other multiplayer games) before deciding what to buy.

Are you SJ? We thought you've quit simracing and run off to arma

Is there a WORKING pirate copy of Fuel anywhere? And are there any other games where I can just drive around in the snow at night? Euro Truck Simulator–I hate truck handling and want something more freeform–is literally the only one I’ve ever seen (I’d like to see if Fuel fits my bill, but can’t get it to work).

There’s some leftist “art” game from Canada called Kona that is EXACTLY the atmosphere I want, but it’s a walking sim, not a driving sim (you do drive a tiny bit).

Oh, sorry. Skip to 1 hour on the video to get a better idea of the atmosphere I’m after, just behind the wheel.

You have City Car Driving, it's ok I guess. It's fun for those 20 minutes every couple of days, but can get boring fast. Physics are ok although braking is a bit weird, at least it was when I played it, it might have changes since then. But driving in the night during snowfall it's quite relaxing, there is also a lot of mods out there for both new cars and maps. But like I said, it gets repetitive quickly since there isn't really anything to do, but to drive aimlessly around the map.

Fellas is it gay to uhhhhhhh

The AI in Forza 7 has made me salty. Yea, yea been that way 4 games, but with the homologation rules they blatantly make it so the AI has more hp, torque, and braking power. Any map with large straight lines its game over; any technical track they are complete ass and go 20 mph under.

I would pay Turn10 for an expansion or DLC that corrects the AI instead of mindless drivitars shitting it up.

why cant we have fun games anymore anons?

And that's why you're stuck with garbage.

Cause I can't get a refund and would still pay anyway.

K.

Been driving my dads car and it has floor mounted pedals and for the life of me I cannot rest my foot comfortably on the pedal. The pedals arched too high, my foot actually starts to hurt after a while, tried adjusting seat position and everything. How the hell am I supposed to rest my foot on this thing?

Do you mean the right foot resting on the throttle?

Yeah, the gas pedal. It's a POS Mercedes that should have been scrapped.

it's basically sorcery holy fuck

Because fun doesn't sell as much as hardcore gritty "realism" :^)

I think the car is telling you do to what you must do.

I've been telling my dad to scrap it, but too much "sentimental value". Never drove floor mounted pedals, are they all like this? Aren't they supposed to be better for ergonmics? Maybe I'm just retarded.

Rest your foot further back, so the heel is touching the floor and not the pedal

That's what I originall was gonna ask, how to properly place my heel and the very bottom of my foot. Do I place it on the very bottom of the pedal? I'm so autistic had to come to a chinese cartoon board to ask for help on this. I'll try it, thanks.

Any update on this? I've jewgled but don't see anything, don't see it in steamdb.

Do you know what is the name of that ps1 jeep racing game that came on a pink cd????
-pic not related

it'd be gay not to

I just wish the AMG was faster on PCars 2 so I could roll with Miku more. I'm spoiled by the R8's poise.

Just spent an hour or so trying to race Nordschleife in the rain. Gonna grab a few primo 720p webms for yous.

This might be loud as the dickens. I tried to turn the audio down but I don't think it worked.

Trying to be a man on Schwedenkreuz

Last one

Reminds me of PGR4. That game's cockpit view was ahead of its time.

Yeah dude! I feel like PGR set the gold standard for cockpits that a lot of modern games still don't measure up to. Could just be nostalgia goggles, I suppose, but that shit was groundbreaking.

Since this is the closest relevant thread i'm going to leave a note here. I said a while back in VR threads that FFB force feed back is another step into immersion. And that a sensory mechanical device to simulate any kind of tool to hold in your hands is 50+ years away. I just watched a show on NHK "The Wonder of Senses: Illusion and Communication" where a guy actually created a device that is a step in this direction. Phd in 2007, took him 12+ years to improve and optimize - its a haptic feedback (force sensitive) device that simulates the sense of pull or push. Its used for the fingers where this sense is most sensitive. He ended up adapting it into a VR demo game as a handlebar on a bycicle. This is a step forward and is very interesting. (still rewatchable on NHK app)

Neat. Technically for racing games we also have D-box seats to give us a sense of the car's movements. Problem with that is the price of a good D-box rig, over ten thousand bucks last I checked.

checked
Wew did you draw this? A+ user. But I'm constantly adjusting my seat I think I'm slowly find the optimal position, hopefully I get it.

originally posted on /fgg/
nips streaming tomorrow competitive tournament of

what to get on the codemasters sale
looking for a simcade
dont have a wheel, poorfag, had a cheap chink one but lost it during moving.

I've only played the first Grid on gamepad and enjoyed it. Apparently Grid Autosport is bretty gud. Dirt Rally is also serviceable on gamepad but might not be what you're looking for. I found F1 2017 to be extremely challenging on wheel.

One of the Grid games will probably be what you're looking for.

Okay, gonna grab the collection then
Grid one isnt on sale i think.

oh and i fucking adore dirt 2, like dirt 3.
Is dirt 4 simmiliar?
Or is the grid collection a better pick?

I haven't played Dirt 4 tbh. It seems to be in the middle of Rally and 2, but without doing anything exceptional. I don't personally think it will hold up, but that's something someone more qualified could speak on. Dirt 2 was fucking lit though, yeah.

Like the other user said, it's between Rally and 2. I'm enjoying new stages so far, but they are not as memorable as the one in 2, although there is a nice selection of them with a lot of variety. I've only played rally so far, so I can't comment on trucks and buggies, but it's fun for what it is. It's no Dirt Rally and even with the settings set up to "simulation" (you have option between that and arcade) it's still very forgiving, I'm playing with a wheel btw. I personally think that if you enjoyed 2 you will enjoy this one as well, it's a bit different and there are a few new things, like simple team management, but in its core it's still a Dirt game.

amazon.com/dp/B00FB5R1AQ/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I1UH1U6UY1LX4R&colid=1L4QZE3Q9ODA

There must be some sort of catch right? I know it's not PS4 compatible but it's not like I'm going to want Driveclub or GT Sport anytime soon.

It uses a bungee system, which means no FFB. I wouldn't waste my money on it.

Saved me 60 bucks, thanks.

I was actually thinking of running a tournament of Initial D Ultimate Stage coming up as a Holla Forums Holla Forums thing. Any other ideas for a racing game?

Maximum Tune 5 DX+ Toushinsai Tournament Stream

Oh, nice! Thanks for linking it.

Nurbirgergrgring round 9.

What in the world is VLN

The Very Loud Nigger racing series.

Kek. Sounds entertaining.

Christ, there are like 200 classes for VLN

If I am getting dirt I am getting both rally and 4,the bundle is cheap.
So he question is, grid autosporta +grid, or rally +dirt 4

Autosport plus grid 2,grid 1 ain't on sale

Do you prefer rally or ordinary circuit racing?

both are fun
But the bigger question is, does any of the grid games have gymkana or whatever that terrible shitshow on dirt 3 was.
I remember why i stopped playing it, i was stuck on a gymkhana level.

hahahaha ya that shit sucked. It WAS kind of fun to play split screen with a friend at that open area and play tag, though. I don't think they've put that in any of their games since, but I haven't played Grid 2 or autosport so idk for sure

I'm not sure, I only played Grid 1 and that one had drift events, but they weren't like the ones in Dirt 3 and they were optional.
Here is a video of drift events from Autosport, looks like the ones from 1. I can't speak for Autosport, but in 1 there were only a couple of them and to be honest they were quite fun, it never felt like a chore (like in Dirt 3) and was a nice break from regular racing.

WRC '17 cars with their aerodynamic package are complete pain in the ass, atleast in WRC7, as their handling is utterly unpredictable in comparison to WRC 2 and WRC Junior-class cars.

Sometimes you can go through a "3"-turn going 130km/h while sometimes it's going to be borderline uncontrollable at 70km/h.

So the drift races here are more simmiliar to nfs underground than dirt 3(that they arent a chore and are fun and give you freedom)

I guess you could say that, but like I've said I've not played Autosport yet, I've only played Grid 1, but looking at the gameplay it looks very similar. Also I remember in 1 drifts being very easy to learn and master so they aren't challenging and you could easily complete them. And since drift isn't the main focus of the game there are only a few events, it's still mostly just circuit racing or point A to B racing.

One last question, which has a better career mode?
I am looking for a career mode/singleplayer racing game.
Not really into single courses/multiplayer.

You know what user, buy Grid pack and post your steam ID and I'll get you Dirt Rally, it's only 10€ so I don't mind.
And you can get Dirt 4 in another sale when it's going to be even cheaper.

user sama, you are basedu. how can i repay this?
steamcommunity.com/id/kickthesaracensout
Thanks, complete poorfag here.

That's precisely what racing needed, RNG :^)

F1 2011-2014, which one was the best?

2013 due to the classic F1 cars, but the licensing expired.

Initial D Zero Toushinsai Tournament Stream Archive

Hey guys, make sure to join the /ogc/ discord!
Don't be fooled by the name, it's actually /ogc/!

discord.gg/hXmJrJr

Is Dirt Rally playable on keyboard?

Yes, but don't expect to have any fun without putting in like 10-15 hours of getting used to the controls & physics.

Is GRID Autosport's multiplayer active? I remember playing GRID 2 a fuck ton and loving drifting like an autist for hours. Does it play the same as GRID 2?

Well, I used to play RBR on keyboard back in the day and it wasn't really that hard. In fact I was doing better with keyboard than with wheel.

At a conceptual level no, but it died much sooner than most genres and always had few games.
I blame simfags who never touched a car and car guys who will buy any pile of trash with their favorite meme mobile on it.

fuck off kita

ALRIGHT FAGGOTS. It's like a funeral in here. What's your favorite discipline and why?

v8sc because 'straya

Late 80's/early 90's DTM cars. Because they remind me of more modern, decently fast street cars and you can throw them around the track and slide around and they're just fun as fuck.

Oops, left on the retarded flag i used earlier for a lameass shitpost I made in another in another thread earlier today when my autism was peaking.

how much hours of fun for low and mid tier cars. hate the supercars.

Going to bump this thread with something to discuss:

In about 3 weeks or so the /radcorp/ board is planning to host a racing title which would be a perfect time to get some activity to the general. What racing game and what content should we use? I've been considering rFactor just because it's easy to get, runs on toasters and has a shitload of content but I can't decide what to use to introduce non-racers into racing.

Any ideas on a game, or content for a game? GT3s are always an easy one to get the attention of racers but unsure of non-racers.

any arcade games that support force feedback properly

daytona usa 2 just comes to mind

outrun 2006 with mod is good but kinda lacking ffb

is there a guide to setup TXR3 TXRZero with good ffb support on pcsx2?

I'd be extreme interst in this but I don't know how feasible it is. It was hard enough to get it to be usable on the wheel.

Keep in mind it has to be:

I think you replied to the wrong post user.

Shit, I did. whoops.

I'm gonna get drunk and drive the Nordschleife and nobody can stop me

BTCC/WTCC.

user please don't

th8a shifter
or a g27?

LOL, noice.

Touring cars aren't a bad idea, but it's a pretty safe choice and not many people outside of racing really know about them I think.

If only there was a way to mod Dirt 4 stages into Dirt Rally

If it's rF you could just run a full meme lineup. Nothing but twingo's, ae86's and mx-5's.

should i buy this for ~260 usd?

No, it's not worth it in my opinion. Wait for it to go on sale. I might be a bit bias, but I would argue G29 with a shifter is a better deal if you get it on sale, I got mine for 200€ last winter and I think it was worth it. Wait for a little while until all the Christmas sales start and see which wheel has the best price - quality ratio. At least that's my advice.

Is NFS2015 really as bad, as the average posters make it out to be?

No, it's worse.

You wouldn't be disappointed with it, just keep in mind that Thrustmaster has developed a bit of a reputation for shitty build quality. If you're in the EU definitely go for it since their consumer protection laws require a 2 year warranty on everything, outside of the EU the warranty on it is only for a year so it becomes a bit of a gamble IMO. A lot of people really like their T150 Pro's though.

It's been over a year since the last D:R update. Let it go, user… It's dead

I did play it today, though

How can I let it go when D4 is such a disappointment and it's running terrible as well. I don't get it, I could run Rally at medium-high and it would never drop under 60fps, but in 4 I'm playing on lowest settings and it's constantly dropping to under 20fps, it's terrible.
At least there is still WRC7 and I might try that one soon.

You know what racing games need?
Dinosaurs

Decided to have a go and modify my career helmet in F1 2017. Quite literally.

Thoughts on Project Cars 2?

Solid wheel

Lemme know how that goes. I'll need something once the DR font goes dry.

PCars 2 Yes. Good game, many fun

Pretty nice. How'd you do it?

Will do as soon as I find a torrent with the latest 1.20 version since I've read the 1.0 release was terribly optimised and had a bunch of FFB problems

Holy shit am I mad.

Thanks dude. As to how to actually do it, you do this: youtube.com/watch?v=uK6rnOEetWo but rename the "career_ferrari.idf?model" and "career_ferrari.idf?render" with the driver model you want. Note, it's the the one located in "drivers", not "heads".

So what's your favourite WRC car this season? I really like the Citroen, but Toyota isn't bad either.

Thanks. Time to go put anime girls all over my helmet.

I really like the Toyota. The new Ford is kind of ugly though.
any streams for the wales rally this weekend?

Oh yeah, I just realized that I am such a twat. Here's your actual link: racedepartment.com/downloads/2017-career-helmet-template.16870/ if you wanna put anime girls all over your helmet. what I did there was tell you how to replace The career helmet model with that of another drivers helmet model.

Also, nice dubs.

I don't think I can get away with using paint.net like I did in rF anymore.

To be honest, I've been using paint.net for my helmet too, and I've been thinking about upgrading it to Photoshop.

Rad. Will give it a shot then.

I fell for the AC meme but haven't played it in a while. Now I can't even load into a track, it just fucking stops working every time. Too bad I can't refund this piece of shit. I can't play PC2 because my win7 isn't the right build either.

That front light and the grill that goes with its curves are absolutely puke inducing even for (((french))) "standards"

The Yaris, they did not give a fuck about about the "yaris" part of the car. They went balls to the wall, with aero.

Dam son. Are you using mod track or cars? If they're out of date sometimes they will hang AC or your entire fuckin computer (Which is deeply frustrating)

Yes. Maybe I should just do a fresh install and see if that works, but I really want to be able to run Bathurst with a HSV. I haven't updated AC in months either, have there been any recent patches?

Yes there have. If you haven't updated then this shouldn't be an issue, probably, but when it hangs on loading it's usually mods being incompatible/out of date.

awd drifts are more like powerslides you get in scandinavian flicks

youtube.com/watch?v=ngOmBAQwvwc

One fresh install later and everything works, apart from mods. Thanks user.

Is there any way to watch an AC replay outside of the game, or is it like rF in that fashion?

You have to record it with capture software and then it'll be just like your japanese animes

Well shit. Time to finally get some I guess.

It's worth it just to have. I've used a bunch in the past 6 months so lemme know if you need recommendations.

Just gonna get OBS.

Ya OBS is boss-mode and more capable than most paid software if you've got the time to configure it

OBS worked easy. Now I actually need to learn how to use xmedia.

F-Zero GX is running great on Dolphin emulator. This time I'm importing a 100% save file. It even includes machine parts that aren't available outside Japan.

Good luck. I tried to play F-Zero X on emulator and it just stopped before loading a track. Guess I'll just play the WiiWare inject.

Oh yeah, is there a list of games that support or make use of force feedback and such?

I need a game with at least semi-realistic handling that I can drive a Miata in. I'd rather not bother with Forza but if I have no choice then so be it. Recommendations on decent wheel/pedal/shifter combos would also be appreciated.
It's easier to spend $500 on equipment and daily a shitty impala through the winter than to sacrifice my NA to salt slush roads and 5 inch deep potholes

AC has the most recent Miata.

It's almost like they're working off the same references, using the same programs and learned the same tricks from experience.
If you know what to look for and look at some of the more intricate details they modeled in completely different styles.

racedepartment.com/threads/how-did-a-f2002-mod-from-ac-end-up-in-f1-2017.142884/#post-2610705

It depends on the front/back power distribution. If it's just 20% or something in front you can make bigger angles for longer.

I see many differences between the 2 models that aren't a quick mesh readjustment job, like the entire sidepod.

blog.codemasters.com/community/10/onrush-racing-game-from-codemasters-get-ready-for-the-rush/

Fuck codemasters, lowest pond scum shit.

So it's essentially bargain bin versions of SSX and Motorstorm?

Pretty much, with worse visuals and Dirt 4 left to rot.

Who here else played ultimate race pro in the late 90s? I remember this game being awesome and was one of my first racing games. I always loved trying to make the best skids I could make on a tight corner turn and there were a lot of those.

I played the fuck out of that, but I never won anything.

Turbonerd who can't hit an apex to save his lap time detected.

Spintires released early boyz

I don't mind it at all, we need more crazy arcade racing games these days. As long as the physics aren't too simple I'll give it a shot.

Yeah I've heard multiple people wanting new arcade racers lately. Codemasters are not the best, but they're competent. I don't see what the problem is.

I think we're going to compare it really unfavorably to older games. I was thinking "these crashes aren't as nice as Burnouts…"

Yeah but what if it's super rad

I'd be pleasantly surprised.

throw it in the trash can

Seeing that trailer made me want to play Motorstorm.

And worse music. At least Motorstorm had songs like "Jesus Built my Hotrod" by Ministry, "Sleep Walker" by Megadeth and "Medication" by Queens of the Stone Age.

What do you guys think about Need for Speed: Payback? Do you think it is a good game, or do you think it is going to fall flat like Need for Speed: Rivals and Need for Speed 2015?

Who was the guy who crashed?

it's gonna be shit but I'm an addict to racing games that let you customise cars so I'm going to buy it regardless.

The only reason I dual boot Win10 is because of Horizon 3.

Doesn't Horizon 3 crash all the time?

I 100% it before the DLC or the Dev console version was leaked.

I dunno if it does crash now. It didn't for me, not once. But most of my PC components are AMD/ATi and since the Xbone uses the same brands for it's components I imagine it plays nice with them.

(checked)
Some autistic cunt.

To really drift, you need RWD car and manual transmission.
Best way to initiate drift is with a "clutch kick".
When you approach corner you have to floor the clutch and gas. Throttle up the engine and same time jerk the wheel to desired direction and quickly release the clutch.
This will cause rear wheels to spin and loose the grip so you can throw the rear around the corner and look cool while doing it.
But really that is only surface of a completely useless way to race. Honestly I´d say stay with lancer evo. That is a great AWD car. You can very easily force it trough a steep corners with relatively high speed and still have those nice 4 wheel skids

And here I was afraid they were going to go with the unresponsive steering system.

Learn from the best or die like the rest.

The game never stood a chance.

They probably just mean that the fun part racing to the finish no matter what your position in the end is. Chill out.

I prefer to collect cars tbh.
Thats why I spent a total of 2 hours on my Day 1 purchase of Project Cars and never touched it again. When I got The Crew for Free, I dumped hundreds of hours into it, and bought all the DLC (also, why isnt the cop expansion counted in the season pass, thats bullshit.)

This is also why I've been only mildly enjoying Gran Turismo Sport. its alot of fun, and I'm getting back into the simulation racing feel, but the fact that the car variety is so small, compared to previous titles, is very very disappointing…

What track is this?

Mount Panorama, as seen in Gran Turismo Sport and Real Racing 3 for Cell Phones

Speaking of, are there any good racing games on cellphones? Gran Turismo still runs like shit on PPSSPP so I need somethin else. RR3 is fun and all, but its pretty obviously a grindfest with artificial difficulty to make you upgrade and constantly repair your cars…

Would like to know this as well. asphalt series is my guilty pleasure

Shutokou Battle 01 and Shutokou Battle: Zone of Control are good but they're grinding games but in a fun kinda way

it's a game made by people who can't afford the Wangan Midnight license but really want to make a Wangan Midnight game.

Zone of Control was localized as Street Supremacy if you want it in English.

Gran Turismo 2

How hard can it be to make the rain properly respond to physics

As far as windows 10 goes; Forza Apex, Horizon 3, and Forza 7 all share a pretty good rain effect on the windshield. I assume it's harder to get those crazy visuals on the smaller budgets PC game devs have.

Hmmm. Should I get better at indy turnleft, or just never fuckin play it online again….

vid related. GT Sport has probably the most realistic lighting I have ever seen in a video game ever. Forzas lighting is complete garbage in comparison. PC users really fucking lucked out on this one

I was gonna respond just to say you're being too hard/giving GT too much praise, but then I remembered

such is life…

just back it up nigga. Ain't you ever modded befo?

Disregard this post. My Safety Ranking actually went up for some reason. Still probably not going to do indy turnleft that shit is boring.

I guess I don't have a choice, but to back it up, but it's such a pain…

Modding is a fuckin headache sometimes man. At least your AC stuff went smoothly. I was trying to get some AC mods to work recently and it hung my entire system about 11 times

Sorry to hear that user, a quick tip for AC if you're not using the mod manager, you can do as I do and change the folder icons for mods so that you can at least see what's vanilla and what not.

Good tip! I was using content manager until a mod broke it lmao

happen to me as well so I stopped using it

Ohh well, I was trying to install too much stuff, but you can get greedy fast with all those mods available

And that, boys, is how I beat GamerMuscle

are there any decent, modern motorcycle racing games? I tried some of the newer MotoGP games and they're shit