Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birhtday team fortress 2.
Happy Birthday to you.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/137Of
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1110662034
teamfortress.com/jungleinferno/
web.archive.org/web/20170602173641/http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2041907
loadout.tf/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yay, reddit is happy happy joy joy!

I didn't even like TF2 when it was new

reddit was a mistake.

please valve, release the pyro update now or even a teaser of sort

The game committed suicide the moment the Meet The Pyro trailer got released.

Well the fact the game is still very active after 10 years is impressive at least.

you mean the moment meet the medic got released

AOL was a mistake.

Ten years old, six years dead. RIP

Even if TF2 is never going to be good again, I wish they'd reverse all the nerfs they put on Demoknight so that I could at least have fun stomping retards with him again. I don't want to use stickies and be a class that's actually good, I want to go 130 degrees around corners and oneshot people that I only knew were there because of their footsteps.

I miss suicide bombing with the grenade caber weapon. Good times.

Even if it doesn't oneshot medics, they could at least make it do something fun like knock people back really far. It's like everything fun has to be destroyed to satisfy the 6v6 autists who are never going to put anything else on their whitelist anyway.

Why the fuck those guys allow shit like the Escape Plan and Ubersaw and don't just use stock I'll never understand. They are truly the worst of all possible worlds.

I just want the normalfags to leave and stay leave. Is it too much to ask for an attentionwhore-free, SJW-free, tryhard memelord-free, child-free internet?
2007 fucked everything to the maximum, 2013 fucked things further than thought possible, what's next, are actual infants going to be the next to come in droves when they figure out how to hook a brain up to a computer?
It doesn't look like it will ever get better.

Children aren't as bad as normalfags. A fidget-spinning, dabbing little shit might eventually grow into a decent human being. There is no hope for a normalfag.

Anyone wanna play some vintage in celebration?
It's that one mod we shilled that's just stock weapons and no crits.
bls?

and then 180 to instantly kill me

I fucking hate tf2 so much.

Wouldn't it be possible to just host a server with the original weapon stats?

This is another why all updates with matchmaking and competitive sucks. While with 9v9 you should cooperate with every class and rely on class counterbalance in 6v6 is just who can move faster to point and deal more damage before die.

But real deal breaker is you cant join in your friend game for reasons and no spectator mode what you can realtime checking cheater or pro-player. And you know why did they cut it off? Because some youtubers crying people stalk them.

Sorry for my english

You're very, very wrong user. At some point, all children born were born with autism. I'm not sure when, or why, but it's certain.

Same here. I find playing on 150 ping and jumping from corner is much better even with stock riffle.

But user, we're autists too.

Why do you think you're here?

Good times were had… at least for a little while…

more like

You hate it, yet you can't go away, because deep down below the pile of rubble that was nu-Volvo's inefficient plans and testing still lies one of the most fun multiplayer games of all times. And it fucking sucks that it's gone now. I haven't booted it up in nearly four damn years because I can't stand the idea that it's gotten so bad.
And TF2C, while a fun idea, still won't bring back what made the game truly spectacular, which is the pre normalization of the internet and their communities. Who gives a damn about TF2 if there's about ten people total in the whole world who will play it like it used to be? You can't trick kids into looking at boobie sprays and stabbing them, nor can you find new and interesting fellows shouting in the microphone in languages you can't possibly understand from countries you can't even place on a map. Its magic is a product of its time and any attempt at replicating it falls flat.

All Frankenstein nigger controls in gangster police state are forced upon the niggers in deadly puppet neighborhoods even in my backyard running bloody murder through extreme extermination programs running unforgivable and unforgivable punishments for people crime in this gangster government police state

This. The game itself was only a medium that delivered the best communities. It's why shit like overwatch falls flat. No custom sprays, competitive modes, and the "fun" game modes are all so fucking sterilized. The best part of TF2 was booting it up, instantly being able to join a server, play a few rounds and have some fun, and leave whenever you want. The large player count also helped make it more fun and casual, so spies could still thrive and you had tons of people to talk to on both teams. And even if you didn't use the mic, annoying or helping the people that were and getting thanked/ screeched at accordingly was fun. No one cares about TF2, they want the old Internet back.

Mercury/thimerosal injections, using immunization shots in the same way that corrupt politicians sneak their pet agendas into unrelated bills.
archive.fo/137Of

Kindly fuck off, we're talking about video games in here.

LONG LIVE TO drunkenf00l !!!!

The sad thing is that I can only enjoy TF2 at a surface level and I want to enjoy it as I once did.
Doing unusual trading and being in a shit comp team
But now everything really has come to shit if you ever try to go any deeper than jump on a pub and pub stomp.
6 vs 6 Competitive has become full of Cliques and wanna-be B4nnys where you get dropped from team for even laughing. 9vs9 is a joke, good luck trying to set up a game because the Leader's GF who is the only engineer player the team is allowed is currently away for some reason and thus you can't do anything. Essentially, if you wished to join a team you need go through so many hoops to join and even then you have to live on the team's terms, so lets say you have a job and you need to work, well, you're not branded as unreliable and been kicked out of your team. with Team Cliques as they are, good luck trying to get into any team now that everybody wants to be e-sports.
I remember joining a team where we were all undeniably trash but we all laughed and shit about the stupid stuff we did, We used to have people go Pyro or Demoknight during games just to try and cheese some off-meta wins but now any deviation from 2 soldier, 2 scout, demo and medic will get you removed from the team because B4nny says that's how the game should be or some shit.

Trading has just become full of bots and quickbuyers that ultimately makes anything worth 50 keys + worthless to most people since they can't turn it around quickly. All the previous unusual hype as well as the flood of new all class unusuals has completely fucked the system over, because why pay for a Armored Authority for Soldier when you can get a Tesla Coil cotton head that is more available and has inherit all class value. That's not even including how most high end traders will not come anywhere near you unless you're only trading in 1st gens.
Then you have people who try to hoard a hat type in hopes it becomes all class to make a huge profit or anybody who attempts to buy an unusual hat in pure starts raising suspicions about it going all class due to the wave of all classes that happened 2 years (?) ago.

What if you don't want to go into all the autism of unusuals and just want to flip 1 ref profit hats and such? Then good fucking luck dealing with the 1000s of bots that now occupy each hat listing and offer 100% up time, instant accept and what have you. If you want an attempt at cutting into that then you need to either hope you can pick up some scraps in trade servers Which now have become MGE-lite servers and turn them for profit or invest money to get yourself 200 ref and open up numerous bot accounts to attempt to edge in above these people.

Add in that Geel now runs both Scrap.tf and Backpack.tf which means that if he so wished, he could tweak the values of items to bring himself an enormous amount of money since people take Backpack.tf prices as a fucking bible.

I apologise for my autism and I wish you all a good day/evening.

Embed is probably my favorite TF2 player. THIEF went out of his way to redefine 6s and being extremely experimental just to shit on their metagame, making 'good players' look like chumps. Practically sabotaged the whole of TF2Lobby until he got banned. Though he just kept making alternate accounts to circumvent the moderator circlejerk.

Personally I didn't care much for trading; I just wanted a few of my favorite hats for each class and didn't care for unusuals because they seemed gaudy and out of character for the game. I did, however, play lots of lower tier competitive games in the early days of TF2Lobby, PUG.tf, and UGC before it became the standard. It was pretty chill for a while, especially since most of the dudes I played with were the pubstompers from my favorite servers who loved to dick around and play the game for fun.

Nowadays I pubstomp and add people that are chill. Maybe once I get a better internet connection I'll create a little community and host a server or two to relive the glory days. It's surprising just how many players are like me even in matchmaking, oldfags that are looking for a nigga to take the initiative and bring them to the promised land.

my bad lads, here's my boy.

It was so good, Holla Forums..

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________fags

Here's to TF2, it may be a mediocre microtransaction shitfest now, but it was once perhaps the greatest multiplayer shooter ever made

He asked when and why and he just provided an answer
but yeah best to leave it there

OH SHIT FAGGOTS
NOISEMALER TIME

Yeah, it seems like the majority of content creators now are the same; commentary over gameplay, occasional meme skit, and SoCal avatars. makes me miss the old days where we had more novelty, even if it was a little autistic.

You could say that about the internet itself as a whole. The early 80s to 1995 was the early age. 1995 to 2000 was the early world wide web age, 2000 to 2009 was the golden age. The internet died when social media giants because the average persons only use of the world wide web. Actual creativity and culture was replaced with cynicism and narcissism

It's up to us to keep that spark alive, I know a lot of us have become jaded, but if we don't nobody else will.

Probably. One of the ironies about that is to the younger generation that's growing up in this, they'll look back on it and consider it a golden age, and probably bitch and whine just like us once it falters and something new slowly kills the current status quo. They'll think that our golden age, that 2000-2010 range, was a classic but it was overrated, just like how we see the old Usenet days even though we owe so much of what we take for granted from those early pioneers. And the best we'll have are archived memories and the occasional bouts of nostalgia that bring us back.

It is what it is, but it still hurts. I don't like the direction things are going, and I'm not sure how to play my part in moving us past this subpar content-laden time. Best idea I have now is to carve out a niche within the community and try to have my idea of fun with likeminded people.

I can't find the video anymore, but I think he's the guy who got me to main the Direct Hit. He had a video where he was dominating a match with it, and that inspired me to pick it up.

He definitely inspired me to main the Force-a-Nature.

How very checked and very true.

Aye, while some people might call trading in itself cancerous, i see it as kind of neat to see people trading shit instead of fightan. Trade sservers was once populated because people actually traded there, and after Valve's bullshit trading regulation, people started going to trade server to actually trade goes less and less, and what's left is usualy MGE faggots.
Also don't forget about the key inflation, never fucking forget that

shieeeeeeeet are you me? but really though, i miss me me olden days of playing TF2 when it actually has living, breathing, 'vanilla' servers. Nowadays skilled people uses reserved lobbies to play 6v6 or Highlanders.

Atleast i still have ingame footage

Good point but even now this place has gone to the dumps several times

Most famous TF2 players have already moved on, like that sell-out Muselk and that Sketchek (the guy that made me main the Detonator instead of the Scorch Shot). All that is left is a jaded community of mixed old blood and new blood, and they're still dwindling

I used to hang out on a trade server occasionally. I found one that wasn't garbage, and had people who were interested in playing the game. It was good for practising pogoing and finding teams for MVM. Then the server owner cheated one of the regulars out of a fuckton of money and the community fractured, and everything died.
When Steam For Linux came out they did a promo where you could get a little Tux doll, and the traders went mad over them in the hopes that they'd become the next buds. It was hilarious watching retards making tens and hundreds of accounts in Virtualbox in the hopes that they become tradeable later.
Also apparently keys are now 34 ref, holy fuck.

One of my favorites is this one. On paper it's a solid concept, but runs so contrary to the metagame that even well coordinated teams are hesitant to try it.

You're not wrong about the trading thing, or the MGE thing. Back when I was really into competitive I became obsessive about deathmatch and aim (since I played Scout/Pocket, the DM heavy classes) and played an hour or so of MGE a day. Lotta cool players in those early days, most of the guys now are either burnouts or very salty motherfuckers. Real shame too, it's a great mod for self-improvement.

Same with the old Youtube Community. Most of the oldfags either abandoned to Overwatch or worse, Dota. There's a lot more smalltime content makers, but there isn't much really keeping people coming for more. Guess we gotta do it ourselves now, yeah?

Add me if you want brah, open to pretty much whatever in this game, even if it's just to chill in a trade server talking about the old days.

Forgot the SteamID: STEAM_0:0:67390663

I see what you're trying to pull you little shit
Nice video anyways user, liked

The thing with Key inflation is that it can be solved if they made craftable weapon skins or some shit but it'll never happened because valve can't milk money out of it relentlessly

The thing with key inflation is that it's bullshit and more than 70% of all refined is in backpacks of dead accounts.
And it should be mocked at all turns.
I MEAN FOR FUCKS SAKE, THEY DROPPED THE KEY VALUE OF ITEMS THAT LITERALLY CAN NEVER BE MORE PLENTIFUL.
DESPITE KEYS ENTERING THE MANNCONOMY AT A BREAKNECK PACE WITH PHONY CHINESE TRANSACTIONS THAT VALVE IS LITERALLY TOO LAZY TO CHECK

not mine

I want my pubs back.

I haven't enjoyed TF2 in so long that I'm starting to think it wasn't very good in the first place.

S-so should I not vaccinate my child at all

I'm starting to think the same thing, I gotten way more enjoyment out of games like CS:GO and Depth than Tf2 in the last few years, CS:GO is arguably trash but still fun, Tf2 just feels like trash and unbalanced everytime I play it.

Holy fuck. I remember back when they were worth 3 REFINED. Man that was ages ago. Basically everything that is 1000% true. Valve killed trading with their retarded as fuck 2 point account verification bullshit, just because retarded 10 year olds kept getting scammed by russians.

It sounded more like a rhetorical question than anything. Plus autism means something else entirely these days.

I thought it was because of that fuck up with accounts two years ago.

come play Vintage with us from time to time.

I remember when keys were 2

During my stint in TF2 and as a regular in that server I jewed so hard at one point I scammed a kid out of a unsual for nothing more than a strange flaregun. A vintage bill's for a heavy's hound dog (non vintage) and a genuine maul, which at the time was worth like 4 buds I got for like 2 common weapons.

Speaking of which they already finished the Janitor model for Gmod and SFM but never on the game itself.

they're basically 100% commited to their OC shit now. They want to try to ap'e vintage's pre-mannconomy thing ontop of it.

Talked to the current "lead dev" and it's some cuckchanner who had no idea TF2V came from 8ch nor did he realize there's like 3 public repos with old TF2C code floating around and genuinely believed the redditors that we super scienced their dlls and reversed engineered them. Right now they're claiming they'll have everything done and ready by the end of the year but to be honest I doubt that

ded gaem

Check this one out:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1110662034

Play Team Fortress Classic/Fortress Forever.

I dunno man, it depends on where you live. Since having a steam friend that you can't game with is rebundant. Sure, you could talk to each other once in a while but i got Holla Forums to do that for me
So where you at? I live in Indonesia

HOLY SHIT
That's fucking absurd, even now buds are just a mere key away of getting one

for_what_purpose.png
the femscout is ok as far as i'm concerned, hell it's better that they used that model to give her a new home instead of just SFM

just live on the edge it's only for the fuckin weak

And then they slapped on retarded shit onto their game. Hopefully vintage doesn't go down that path

Did that dude with look like a chicken syndrome die by now?

You reminded me of my time spent on the pony severs.

Who is the lead dev of TF2C? I keep hearing about who the lead dev is of TF2C but never who specifically. I still wonder why they never tried actually reaching out to the TF2V devs I don't even know who the head dev of that game is either about unfucking both games.

They ruined Fortress Forever, and the dev team is limpwristed as fuck. They ruined the Pyro's balance over one fucking faggot Russian with no legs who curbstomped everyone in the servers. This in turn fucked up the rest of the game's balance because now the scot has literally no reason to exist (among other things.)

TF2V is tryhard shit made by some faggot who's not even competent enough to maintain a project b himself. He also gets mad defensive when anyone calls him out over his game having literally no reason to exist (TF2C already has stock 2007 TF2 as it's default mode, TF2V literally removes content that's completely optional to begin with and markets itself as a superior product, all over the fact that one of the VOLUNTEER TF2C devs is a tranny.)

tl;dr TF2V exists as a shitflinging device and the head dev has nothing to offer to TF2C even if he was willing to work with them.

yeah rip

why is valve keeping it alive? just pull the plug and be done with it, just do it please.

Because then it'd be free use. They get shittons of money by just letting it continue to rot and rake in the money from the idiots buying crates in the hopes of getting a whopping $20 hat.

is there truly no morals? the game's community is a rotting corpse, youtubers, servers veterans, and overall fun players have all left, altough the game has 45-50k players each day, try and go ahead and find a game where you have fun, not a chance, in the last 4 months only 1 game was meh

Sound logic here

i was talking about that valve is slowly killing it by taking less direct steps and allowing it to slowly die instead of ending it in once, tf2 is also becoming less profitable that is hwy they keep pulling people of the tf2 dev team wich then again results in lower quality games

We do got a mod that works entirely without steam ya' know.

Key word in your post, "less profitable". It's still massively profitable, and until it isn't it will keep going the way it has.

It costs them little to maintain and makes tonnes of cash from people dumb enough to buy loot boxes and keys.

Soldier is the best class no one can say otherwise.

My main concern is that, what happens if someone uses it for porn or anything like a filler character and doesn't tag the "model". The face is better, popular femscout looks like she's having a period

You can find him on twitter, I don't which one is legit.

That turd died since day 1 thanks to the devs not giving a shit and just sticking to tf2.
I visited her twitter and god fucking shit, she could get easily triggered by only insulting her otherkin autism.

Hello TF2CIDF. The end goal of vintage is pre-mannconomy minus demoknight bullshit .02 cents has been deposited in your bank account for your attempt at discrediting vintage

TF2C's current dev is a cuckchanner from /vr/ named eondynamo

The problem is you act as if normalfaggotry hitting the web was some kind of mistake that wasn't supposed to happen when it was actually inevitable. It's hard to draw any direct comparisons to the past, one I can think of being reading/writing, initially as books had to be written out and copied by hand, it was reserved for the educated and the elite. Then the printing press allowed texts to be mass produced easily and stuff like pornography proliferated. Ultimately the only thing that won't eventually be rendered into consumable morsels are those which require a great amount of effort/dedication in order to participate in.

Hell i'll do you one better, on the very same day of the update, 1 refined = 1 key but then they had to come up with some bullshit about how refined was everywhere and worthless, so why don't you give me more refined for my key, goy.

I remember when the first scream fortress rolled out everyone was crazy for those shtty paper bag hats. So I found a server that was taking turns, letting new people get it first. I actually would get my gift, drop out, change my name and hop back in.

I "came back" hours later with a ton of the damn masks, traded EACH ONE FOR A KEY

jewing at it's finest

So, I was wondering… You know how there are many clones of Quake III Arena? Xonotic, OpenArena, Reflex Arena… you name them. But why there are no alternatives to Counter-Strike or Team Fortress 2? Wouldn't it be amazing to finally "set free" these legendary games from the "tyrany" of Valve?

In case of Counter-Strike it's pretty simple: the game has no identity outside of iconic sounds and voice commands (which are gone in CS:GO anyway). But Team Fortress 2 is another thing. Sure, there have been many alternative versions of original QWTF formula besides the official Team Fortress Classic (Unreal Fortress, Quake III Fortress, Enemy Territory Fortress, Unreal Fortress Revolution, Quake 4 Fortress, Fortress Forever) but the original TF, just like CS, has no identity of its own. While Team Fortress 2, as I'm sure many will agree, is more than just a set of certain mechanics, weapons and maps having a unique setting, visual style and characters.

Which brings the question… If someone would make a spiritual successor to Team Fortress 2 copying all the mechanics from the game but bringing completely different aesthethic (to avoid the law suit from Valve), would you still play it? And if you were the one making it, what kind of changes would you make (both in terms of mechanics and art direction)?

The way Valve handled the player influx when it went F2P wasn't very good, essentially slowly killing off the community servers, where all the good players were.

Overwatch is nuTF2

I agree, TF2 wasnt the most competetive, or the most balanced or the most gorgeous but it was FUN, insanely fun.
I will always have fond memories about this game and I will always remember the time spent playing TF2 before the Mann-Conomy update screwed it all.

I still play TF2 sometimes. It's still fun, but it's so different.

WebM'd the video for those who are afraid of YouTube.

Still better than Tumblrwatch.

Overwatch or DirtyBomb is an attempt at TF2. People just won't accept it because their versions of Soldier\Demo aren't the default best class against anything else (and because Overwatch isn't free and DirtyBomb is jewish as fuck)

To re-create TF2 properly, the first thing you'd need to fix would be generalists vs specialists since that's the biggest issue with TF2 balance and the reason the meta is so fucking stale. But if you do that, it's no longer TF2 and a lot of hardcore fans won't play it anymore, so you can't remake TF2 unless you make the exact same mistakes and thus ruin it too.

For specifics, Soldier and Demo should have had their rocket\grenade damage cut in half but explosion radius doubled so they would perform the rule of AoE damage, punishing people sticking together but leave the "single target high damage" role to Scout\Sniper\Spy.
Even Pyro would be fixed with this since he'd do the same thing but in close range.

CS isn't even good enough to justify a clone, however. It's walking for 60% of the match at least followed by fights that last 5-7 seconds. There's loads of tension in the air, but overall it's always the same shit, starting in the same space, fighting in the same map, respawning just interrupting the action. Compare that to a standard arena shooter where you're back into the action seconds after dying and people are all over the map, not following lanes, and it's hard to understand how could anyone even prefer CS over this.

If Overwatch was as bad as TF2, the meta would be 2 Pharah's, 2 Tracer, 1 Junkrat and 1 Mercy in every single match.

Fortunnaly, Pharah doesn't have a disproportional health compared to the rest of every other character nor does her mobility outclass the classes that are made to be faster. She still has high damage, especially with direct hits and her mobility is excelent for positioning, not to move faster than everyone else.

Tracer's kit takes far more skill than mashing space and her weapons don't kill you in 2 meat-shots.

Junkrat doesn't have 6 mines to throw like they are contact grenades to make up for his lack of aim with the grenade launcher, his kit is suited for ambushes like he was meant to be instead of shifting him towards melee for whatever reason and his grenades don't kill anyone with a single direct hit but perform area denial far better.

Mercy can also be more proactive in a fight, her GA is far more interesting than just having 125% speed and since she doesn't lose UberUltimate progress when she dies and even gains charge from damaging people, she's far more encouraged to play the fucking game than Medic is.

But hey, at least you can choose how many degrees you'll go into the left when rocketjumping as Soldier, so that makes it the far superior game, right?

go away rottenredditor

I want to play it again. Should I?

I wish we got rid of YouTube embeds in favor of HookTube.

God you must be an absolute masochist to still play pubs.

They just promised a mammoth update "very soon" and another decade of TF2.

CS has countless imitators with slight variations of its genre. IIRC the reason why none of them won against the older CS versions was because they were just much easier to port and mod in general. Nowadays it's just cause it's the most popular e-sport platform.
TF2 has that chink knockoff and a lot of other imitators both in style and in gameplay. The difference though (and the reason why is wrong) between TF2 and other games is that the original style and gameplay in pre Mannconomy TF2 were very deliberately studied to compliment each other, the lighting was made ad hoc to highlight specific features, the character models were made so unique that even so long after they were released you can still tell when something comes from TF2 and when something was added in post and in general the gunplay was made so that each class could complement another one's lack. Overwatch on the other hand is a simplified first person DOTA. Each character is completely different from the next one and don't even quite fit together, each one is good at just about two things and can get curbstomped by their counters (as opposed to TF2, where they deliberately made certain characters useless only when confronted with one other specific character+weapon, and even then you still have tools to at least try and defend yourself, like the Engineer being a sitting duck to the Demoman but still being able to shoot down stickies if he's quick enough, or the Medic being the only class that could heal and thus a target that everyone just had to protect, yet if ignored and left to himself could still count on the highest short range dps weapon in the game).
The only thing Overwatch got right from TF2 was making it EASY to play with your gun's. Problem is that old Valve specifically made the game easy to pick up but increasingly harder to master, as there'd be countless tricks and map specific gimmicks that could be exploited. For instance, two years into TF2 you could discover that the one class you played the most had a very specific gimmick to it that could be exploited or was really neat (i.e. Spy can reload his Revolver while disguised, which in turn makes his fake player model reload as well, except that the sound played is still the one of the Revolver reloading instead of, say, Scout's scattergun, the animation is cut short if the fake player model's is longer than Spy's like with Soldier's and, in the case of weapons that don't reload like the Minigun, you could just hear the clicking sound next to the Heavy for no reason), whereas two weeks into Overwatch and you've already learnt how to play the class, which things does it counter or gets countered by and all the few exploits it has on its two weapons with infinite ammo.

Soon™

>

I just hope they don't give us the 'le baddle broyale :DDDDDD' kinda map. I'd be disappointed.

TF2 is a total anomaly in gaming today because there's almost nothing that can be derived from it. It's like a living fossil of multiplayer games, a strange hybrid between the skill-intensive, mechanically dense nature of Arena FPS and class-based combat. Many games today borrow aspects of this, but the foundations of the game are practically immutable.

Nothing about the game is easy. There's no 'true' tutorial, there's no hand-holding, there's no easily accessible information about what the game is. There so many things that you need to figure out on your own, and even with the community putting out what they can to explain it, there's still a higher ceiling to reach.

And I could go on. There is SO MUCH to learn about this game, so much more time and dedication required to become a good player, so much depth and possibility for not only improvement, but theorycrafting, oddball plays, offclassing, and so on that bring so much soul into the game.

The essence of TF2 cannot be replicated in that regard. It's horribly unbalanced, near-abandoned as a project with a dwindling team, a community that gets smaller and smaller with the days, and appears to be outliving it's time in the face of giants of the genre like Overwatch and FOTM games like PUBG.

And yet it's still one of the best multiplayer games ever conceived, and still has the greatest potential of all the multiplayer games of it's genre, and still has room to not only grow, but to resurface and retake it's title.

SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH

So it's the Kraftwerk of Vidya?
Aren't they just streamerbait and Chink Sink though?

Agreed

I bought a shitload of keys for 4 ref each a few years ago, I should see what I can get now for them.

The game mode is great, but some of the people who play it are some of the worst kind of metafags. Sure, it's good to win, but half of the fun of the game mode is just choosing something stupid and making it crazy with the upgrades.

I feel your pain, user.

Also; MVM could have been awesome if Valve hadn't half assed it.

Try to convince the devs to get rid shitty features like: Gun Mettle and Meet your Match. Fix the good ones like Mann vs Machine or even add an offensive version but with the aliens from INVASION, but no those fucking stubborn retards are always open to redditors who keep crying about weapons like the enforcer or any of Heavy's weaponry.

She can escape onto a specific location based on where she was, something her oponent can exploit, increasing the skill cap of playing both with her and against her.
It also has a very large cooldown and if you're banking on only diving in when you have it up, you'll be useless.

Compare that with the Scout that merely jumps around and over people or circlestrafes them for meatshots.
He is far more predictable, terrible against any sort of hitscan weapon and the only reason you even see him on the meta is because every other offensive class uses projectiles instead.

Which the opponent can't be expected to know.
Because it would be too powerful to be a core mechanic and too hard to design as a more segmented resource, something which isn't true of the TF2 classes' movement mechanics.
The Scout's double jump allows him to change his momentum in midair without having to look away from his target; combined with crouch jumping and the various other ways a player can alter his speed in Source, a single movement mechanic contains more depth than Tracer's dashes, which takes a dedicated button and a meter in the middle of the screen. The Scout can jump and juke people as long as he's on the ground, but Tracer can only do it if she has her Gameplay Mechanic Meter charged beforehand.
The all-or-nothing damage of the Scout's scattergun is objectively more interesting than Tracer's spray of damage. It encourages higher risk, higher reward play. In fact, Valve tested this when developing TF2 and they noticed the Scout felt boring if they didn't give him a reason to get close to his enemies. Any developer will tell you that a single-shot weapon leads to more interesting atomic decisions (prediction/leading vs reacting/tracking). Titanfall 2's mechs also adhere to this principle, if you want a more recent example.
Lol, no. You're just shit at Scout.
are you
telling ME
that a team-based class-based game
has some classes
thtat
that are
are strong versus
strong
versus specific classes
but kinda weaker
that is
not
not as agood
not as
worse
versus OTHER CLASSES
no that's inconceivable, you must be mistaken
Go away, rottenredditor.

I fucking hate that shit so goddamn much. Why the fuck would you equip the backline bitch crossbow and NOT USE IT WHEN IT IS LITERALLY MOST USEFUL

There's a good reason why the Scount is nicknamed Scunt, a good scout can dominate an explosive wearing class. But then, you're comparing tf2 to a game that plays itself by just throwing shit to a chokepoint.

Also come join us in vintage 10 people right now

I remember when they were 1.33

That is because Quake went open source and was so for years if not decades by now.
And stop calling Xonotic a Quake 3 clone, it is literally on Quake 1 engine.
Calling everything a Quake 3 clone has got to be some bethesda shill meme.

I like to piss tryhard metafags in pubs with aimbots. It's all fun and games until you start lobbying up with other hackers whilst blatantly rage hacking with spinbots, rigging the votekick and trashing pub servers and it just becomes flatout god tier. The salt alone is worth it. This game has gone to shit and it's the only enjoyment I'll get out of it aside from surf servers.

Only the engine went open-source. Everything else (the game assets) are still licensed under All Rights Reserved license.
Just because a game uses a different engine it can't be a clone of another game?
Quake III Arena was developed by id Software, not Bethesda Game Studios.

Sure, Xonotic has some new unique things (like certain weapons have alt. attacks) but the core mechanics are 1:1 copies of the ones from Quake III. The proper term would be "remix" rather than "clone".

Christ, that gamemode has been raped so hard. I remember a server a found years ago, and it was fairly barebones. All stock arena/KOTH maps with a couple good VSH custom ones thrown in. No shitty sounds or models, no VIP or similar shit. Only custom addons we had were taunt crits and a crit amp which could replace the engineers dispenser. The only bosses we had were Saxton, Christian Brutal Sniper, Vagineer, and Headless Horseless Headman Jr..

God, what killed that gamemode.

Freak Fortress 2 and its ability to add new bosses with ease.

They were never 1.33 refined. They started out at 2.33 immediately after keys were implemented into the game
t. trade guru

Holy fuck why.

Bethesda is their publisher.

Yes… The engine is open source.

And what core mechanics are those that aren't also shared with Quake 1?

what did we get for the 10 year anniversery?

5 lines of text saying: don't give up goys it's coming, eventually!

To be totally fair though, a lot of servers had totally fucked up VSH mode before FF2 happened.
With RTD shit and other stupid plugins that break it
And beaconing the last player
And setting cap times really really fucking low

It's arena mode but worse.

FUCKING NOTHING

To be honest every extra addition to the game that doesn't bring back severe optimization for the billions of items in it is not really a welcome thing.

atleast a fucking thank you would be nice after 10 years of playing, but nah just a: lol guys we are working on it bye lol.

valve needs to be deleted

Oh puh lease, the closest TF2 comes to "demanding" is in custom MVM games with 48 slot caps.
There's literally no way you have hardware shit enough that optimization would become an issue.

They should just add the fucking brazilian map, for fuck's sake.

Fuck off that subclass is still a broken, overpowered annoyance that has no business in this game.

Dont forget that pre-nerf persian persuader was able to convert ammo into health, thus doubling the healing in health and ammo areas and being capable of healing after every kill for the high risk high reward cost of no random crits

Seriously though is there like some underground of people on Holla Forums playing videogames on really low end workstation PCs without GPUs?
Because every time tf2 vaguely comes up someone whines about optimization but, like, you can run tf2 half decently on an i3 and a really basic GPU.

TF2's optimization is really weird. A few years ago I only had a shitty HP laptop and I managed to play TF2 at a decent framerate by toning everything down. The game looked like it came straight from the N64. One day I reinstalled everything and forgot my performance tweaks and the game somehow ran better.

basically F2P players tend to have Jeb bush tier rigs so they've bee optimizing the game for those people. The more toasters that can run it the more money they can make

TF2 started going down the shitter when they nerfed demoman grenade count about a week after release.

Quake III Arena was released on the 2nd of December, 1999. ZeniMax Media acquired id Software on the 24th of June, 2009.

You might wanna go replay Quake if you're even asking this question.

Between Xonotic and Quake 3, the things that really differ between them is the weapon tactics and the map design. For example, "lightning gun duels" never happen in Xonotic because a lot of the weapons (and maps) there are designed with out of line of sight capabilities (curving rockets, longer range bouncing grenades, wallbangs) which puts line of sight weapons that require continuous fire at a disadvantage in general fights.The previously mentioned wallbanging also reverses Quake's dynamic of the player on higher ground being at an advantage, where instead you could get wallbanged from the lower floor without any immediate way of firing back.

A lot of the movement is also based around ramps (landing on down ramp = +speed, sliding up a ramp = jump boost) rather than double jumps, which actually aren't in Xonotic at all, hence autohop being a problem in Quake/Reflex, but of no concern in Xonotic. Xonotic maps generally are less vast/open/wide compared to Quake 3 or Quake Live; additionally the turns and corners are tailored to the sharper turning in Xonotic (probably even sharper than CPMA or Reflex). But it's harder than it would be to take notice of this when instagib is the popular mode (wide open maps where everyone can rail each other), or when server owners take advantage of the engine's file compatibility to add Quake 3 maps to their servers. When Xonotic is copying Quake i.e one of the standard maps is a remake with a lot of ramps added, the target tends to be QuakeWorld deathmatch maps as opposed to anything from Quake 3.

sage for offtopic since this isn't the Xonotic nor Quake thread.
Codemonkey let me post; sorry in advance if several different posts over the course of hours show up.

The point is they sell these games now esp. Quake Live.

it has just shit optimization

Sage for off topic

Huh, I see. Well, pardon my ignorance then.

Have you played the fucking game nigger? I bet you're one of those braindead demoman who uses the stickybomb at every fucking situation
But boy does it fucking worth it when you manage to cut a nigger's head off. Play the game first before you proved yourself of being an absolute shitter

Nice half-truth there asslicker, the healing bonus from ammo kits only lasts for 3 months, after that they only give barely any health.

That's funny since every (wannabe) compfag i've seen had all the flashy gitz that will reduce the FPS turned off, and i've been playing it on an i3 with its inbuilt grafix card pretty well for the last 2 years.

Charging targe has never been nerfed.
Except the bash at any distance, that's a massive nerf

I'm not sure you've played this game before; 90% of demoknights I've played against have been ster_ wannabees that can't land easy charge kills and think that using the charge makes them invulnerable or untrackable. The few that I have met that were absolutely insane to play against had god tier grenade aim coupled with knowing how to exploit openings to make big plays (i.e. like a roaming soldier).

Most compfags I got to know in my time were also quake pubstompers or B-list competitive players that didn't make it to the big time but were still respectable skillwise. There were tons of arguments on the liquidforums and various IRC's I used to be a part of that tried to explain how the simplifying of the foreground made visual cues in a firefight more apparent. They cited psychological tests that the military did on sensory overload and conflated it to a video game.

Not sure if they were right or not, but once I went with shit-tier graphics I never went back. It's just more comfortable for me since I grew up playing games on toaster graphics.

I remember hearing people complain about Demoknights when the third shield came out. Before then Demoknights were mostly ignored. I only used it to fuck around, because sticky jumper + trimping gives you lots of movement options. I stopped playing before the third shield so I don't know about the meta now
I only knew one guy who mained Demoknight. He'd use a controller, back when using a controller gave you sharp turns while charging. He'd also use that new cannon thing that sent people flying. He was the only effective Demoknight I saw in my time playing the game.

Wrong
Reduce the Explosive resist again
I used to really, really like it since i could tank soldiers / demo but now its only barely better (resistance wise) than the splendid screen, and the splendid screen is can do shield bash at any distance with a damage bonus as well a 50% charge regen rate on top of those too

???
you can't equip the sticky jumper with the shield

Fuck, got mixed up with the grenade launcher. Embed related made me want to learn how to cannon jump but I didn't play enough after to pick it up.

ha ha

This is a new taunt, just so you know.

Haha we're the whacky fps right?
Just a big fucking joke look we can be funny too look at us.

Are you attempting to imply TF2 was ever serious?
Early planning beta nonwithstanding as it was virtually a different game entirely at that point.

The game was pretty serious until the Halloween. Even then it was only once a year. The Pyro Update turned the game into a circus.

Historically I'd have to disagree with you.

PFFFFFFRRRRTTTT……SNIFF SNIFF

god valve what are you doing

I mean hats used to be pretty reserved, fitting to the class in some way even in the more out there cases (Heavy with a football helmet because he was a brute who was hard to push through, soldier got a viking hat because he's a warrior, etc)
Community had developed the joking nature because the basic art style I think and it's sense of humor poking fun at it having hats. But normalfags only saw the hat simulator joke and took it too far.

Now the heavy has a mohawk wig and a hawaiian shirt, the spy wears kittens and a knitted crab hat, the pyro wears actual hats that aren't fire related or made of random trash, and the engineer has a monkey backpack.

BRAAAAAAAAP

Am I the only one who always associated Pyro with degenerates?

no

nah.

they made the entire Pyro "character" so dislikable despite trying the opposite

Even fucking Snipers with the cuntsman can defeat them.

Maxof2ds has a word with you. Thanks to him, there are now roleplayers with pyros and their inflating suits, spoiler: they are literally autistic, so bare with them

I'm gonna try do you anons proud as someone who jumped on to the game after the uber update.
I fucking love the game and might as well drop an idea I've had for a map here, get y'alls thoughts and ask if anyone knows some good tutorials for using hammer/making models in tf2's style.

I've been working with the idea of a fantasy themed map, mechanically its going to be a hybrid of ctf and koth. The map itself are theres two opposing wizard dungeons with a cave connecting the two.
Goal of the game is to steal the other team's book/staff/crystal/whatever and bring it to the center of the map. Then its a simple capture the point in the form of casting the spell, doing so grants a short lived buff and spawns ghosts in the caves. Play up to three points by default.
Map layout is gonna be a pretty simple one, five main chokes. The capture point, the entrances to the cave, and the magic staff's room.
Sound fun?

>This is their official taunt
Seriously, the community will have a greater job keeping the game alive as long as their autism is under reign by valve, but unfortunately the lazy fucks over at Valve chose to neglect their first golden goose since they already have 2 more golden geese to look after

As long as I can get godshots as a nullcore sniper, I'm all for it :^)

As long as there'll be a server running it.
Preferably two because having just one server hosted in North America is a discrimination against human race.

My original rig could play the fucking game without dying over all the goddamned particle effects being tossed around to no end. It ran smoothly and had barely any fps sinks. Shortly after the F2P update it started to chug until, even with newer and better rigs, I had to just make it look as ugly as possible to even get in a match.

The community also made shitty cosmetics and taunts that aren't taunts. It harder to even use the fucking things now with the new menu.

Thats a problem for the future, I'm hoping to get some friends who run servers to run it.

Amen.

They already added the jackoff taunt?

after 9 years in development, i hope it's worth the weight

teamfortress.com/jungleinferno/

post YFW pyro gets a item that allows it to freely rocketjump whenever he wants

Honestly, I feel like this Pyro update will be the last major update we ever get for TF2. At least it will go out with a relative bang, with it's birthday.

Happy birthday user. I hope you have a good one.

I love you little metroid, I don't know how you made a cake without hands but you tried.

I only just now realized that TF2 has been out for longer than it was being developed. For most video games that's not much of a milestone, but TF2 isn't most video games.

It's a generally accepted theory that the pyro is female, right? That's pretty hot, if so.

Day 2 is out.

It's fucking nothing.

I could listen to this for hours. In fact I probably have.

FLASHMAKER SUCKS COCK
I still remember when Meet the Spy was just a rickroll'd video.

What the fuck is a "contract" and how do I get one?

A grand majority of them are ugly so you're better off just buying whichever you want off the market, unless you're addicted to gambling.

I mean the Pyro was literally just a guy in a gas mask, and sure the whole "Lmao you can't understand what he's saying" joke isn't actually a joke. It's genuinely that hard to hear someone talk in a gasmask if they aren't using a radio filter.
Though because the Pyro canonically has a childish mind, alot of cancerous fandoms say shit like "PYRO IS A BRONIE/FNAF FAN" and other stupid shit like that. He himself wasn't cancerous to begin with, it was the community and partly Valve's marketing that made him cancerous and a degenerate.

New cosmetics look okay. If only there was a way to go back in time and not implement all the awful ones, as well as toxic colors. Or at least a way for people to disable all the silly shit.

disabling your money maker goes against the business prerogative. most of this shit is gaudy but at least it goes with the theme instead of being a meme

Considering they dropped End of the Line more than a year ago at this point, it's safe to say that TF2 will be milked until it stops making money.

Yeah, but does only gaudy shit makes money? Like, how bad it would be if people had the option not to see the pink and lime-colored stuff and certain silly items? Would it be THAT bad?

Isnt pyro act like this because he got a gas leak inside his suit?

The Pyro does nitrous.
Nitrous is good for you and makes you happy.

Who benefits? How many people would honestly want a cosmetics filter? TF2 already has a small population of players, and anti-hat sentiments an even smaller portion of that population. It would be a waste of developer time.

Mods are the only hope for such a project.

Anyone who can't enjoy duck shoes is not a real human bean

thats sfm not gmod you cuck
Still good shit though

Gmod's heyday died along with Kitty
Atleast he died before he became the villain

Oh man i remember when it was first released, it was the first time anons who played TF2 actually do something

They're just as bad.

What's wrong with Hooktube? I've seen people implying it's bad but no actual info why

Ha ha, nice joke..

Considering there is a no hats mod, lots of people. I'm one of them, all the cosmetics since like 2013 just looked too bad most of the time. These ones are even worse than the winter ones since anywhere other than a jungle map will make them look really out of place.

I'd fucking love a hat filter.

A set of "Nostalgia Goggles" that removed all the tacky garbage from the characters would get me back into the game.
You could even go the extra mile and add a filter system based on specific eras in TF2's development (Mannconomy, Uber, etc)

web.archive.org/web/20170602173641/http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2041907

This worked at some point, there also might be newer versions that use the same method

Could come play vintage. We need coders

That song is also in a webm where it shows a bunch of fetish art, fursuits, and neet bedrooms and talking about "staring into the screen" that I've been searching for.

He was always a piece of shit. He also had a hilarious hatred of spy where he accidentally included footage of immediately banning someone who backstabbed him in a video.

Source?

I want that webm.

Unfortunately I don't. It's buried in his videos.

I dunno, I just checked a wiki, and most cosmetics look fine to me. Spy and medic have two or three out-of-place cosmetics each. It's just there is some awful stuff that is so awful that it attracts all attention to itself. Same for colors - most of them are fine, except for pink, lime and maybe purple. Strange effects ruin everything, though.

Jerma streams too, and it's always a lot of fun. Too bad his mods are faggots though
Good thing I had a backup twitch account and mods are too stupid to figure out it's the same person

this is the most miserable birthday since mine

There are plenty of shitty CS go clones. It's just that they're all free to play

That's because valve fucked it

enough of 4chan has leaked into normalfags territory where they're all ironic memester pricks who will mindlessly follow trends. Rick and morty is the perfect example. They went from loving to being above it in less that a weak probably because jewtubers made cringe comps about it or some shit. I wish Holla Forums cancer didn't take over this site because it's so fucking miserable. where is fun?

The wired should haven ever merged with the real world.

Shame I can't be on my windows PC or I would certainly join

I have a little brother that just started his freshman year of high school, he's terrified by how many people (even the upperclassman) are living meme machines, lacking any self awareness or taste in humor. Whatever the cattle consumes, so do they. Normalcy is slowly becoming a rarer commodity as exposure to these shitbirds becomes en vogue and makes memeshit an even bigger commodity than it already is.

>where is fun?

We could start raiding. Make a general/IRC or something to organize, download a game and spam HIGH-INTENSITY UNFILTERED HATE SPEECH in high volume, then switch the game once it gets boring.

Agreed.
I would say more Holla Forums games too but I never get to play while using this fucking mac.

I'm scarred it will never end. The problem too is that being a synical cunt is now whats cool when before it was webfags that would do that except at least they could have fun now nobodys having fun

Personally I feel that it's a tragic irony. Many of us came here as people that weren't normal, and we made tons of stuff that made us laugh and spread far and wide. Normalfags enter the scene and begin to think it's funny too, but being normalfags they don't understand that this world and the real world are two totally different things, so they bring it into the light and have a good time while we cringe at their lack of understanding. In response, we grow in cynicism and anger, and act more 'normal'.

It really is terrifying.

DELETE THIS

I'm scared the whole thing will never take off and will be used as a precedent to deter raiding again. If anybody's up for it, gonna try to make the thread tomorrow. Please be there, user-kun.

He was always depressed but that deal with (((Blizzard))) cost him his creative outlet, making youtube videos about dumb TV shows. It's sad what happened to him.

I work with a fat, autistic, memelord who spouts normalfag memes at least once every five minutes. He is extremely irritating and I'm surprised anyone other than me have told him to stop. When I did he simply asked "Why would I? It's who I am." in which I just fucking walked away after that. Not to mention he browses reddit pretty much whenever he has free time. I wish I could say I am joking but thankfully this faggot is just an edge case.

sage for off-topic.

We have fucking gamenights for it. Lurk moar.

It is time to slap faggots as a flaming faggot

STAR is the child that saw people laughing along with jerma in kindergarten, and forced a friendship in order to learn about the strange mystical powers he had.

Reminds me the last TF2V gamenight we had some cross poster or someone who watches the mod put a thread on cuckchan. The biggest ire from them came from the fact the person who posted it had also posted the guide to set up no-steam clients.

Cuckchan gets upset over telling people how to remove the need for steam.

Achievements for any premium faggot, and the reward is the same default weapon but with textures. wooooo

Oh joy! I hope they also add Vivian's ribbon

Things is, since community servers are pretty much dead, it's hard to actually raid people when quickplay is a thing. It's easy to go on Valve servers and pubstomp or just fuck with everyone in there, but it loses significance because the reaction you might get is diluted.
You want to fuck with people, you need to know what the contracts are for and annoy individuals, especially tryhards or streamers. There's nothing like getting some wannabe goofball to lose his shit because there's 6 pyros wasting his time by spraying fire over the screen, and being idiots they can't just stop streaming while they switch servers.
t. Guy who worked with Team GRN for a short while.

Doesn't it work on basically 0 servers though because it's considered a cheat?

You see, it's one thing if you look at the single cosmetic over a player character, but try and picture three-four of them COMBINED, some with mismatched magenta and lime coloring and with fire and bolt particles flying around the headgear.

loadout.tf/
Actually you don't even need to imagine that. I just found this link, go ahead, make the worst possible combination. Chances are someone on the servers is using that. Compare them to the base model and tell me if there are still no problems at all.

you mean the moment mannconomy got released

wrong.

Oh, I'm sorry, how could I forget the mlp and furfag 24/7 Saxton Hale instarespawn servers

Halloween shit doesn't count, faggot.
Especially when you can make ugly shit like this which is even worse and can be worn year-round.

Easier would bo just add a check list of all items in the game. "Check to hide this item from the game."

I finished redownloading it.
I'm going to give the next update the benefit of a doubt.
How can I, an annoying ambassador spy/passive aggressive medic have fun in this game with the shitty server system?

Casual works OK-ish. Sure, the ranks mean nothing, you never play on the maps you want, disabled sprays and 'sv_pure 0'. But other than that it's OK-ish. Trying to find a better server that plays vanilla game modes and isn't one-map-24/7-insta-spawn is really hard nowadays. I can only think of the RTGame's server that plays good custom maps from TF2Maps.com but that's it.

I mean 'sv_pure 2'. Pardon.

Do this

Thanks for reminding me how much Valve hates fun nowadays

I miss this era

Never really liked Star on his own. For me he just does not work without Jerma.

They don't hate fun. They just want Corporate Fun. Kind of like what Rick and Morty or any other reddit approved "comedy" is.

I heard that Star_ is so much into Overcuck both because it was profitable and because his gaymer gurl gf forced him down that path. I've watched a couple of videos of all three characters in the past, not only does she have the "girl on the internet" voice, she's also unfunny as sin. At least Jerma's coalburner significant other is hilarious.
I'd say Jerma has always been an IRL shitposter and, dare I say, an actual fucking youtube comedian unlike other game streamers. I suggest you go watch 2ndJerma, the editor makes a great effort to capture just the best parts of his fuckups instead of having to sit through terrible gameplay and hilariously bad jokes.

He was always a tryhard who could do well only on his designated shitting server, but at least the videos with both of them (or the ones he made about stuff unrelated to vidya) were a hit. It's something about this obviously casual player being tormented by a much better one yet taking it in strides thing that kept the gimmick fresh.

That's what they call it now? Valve hates to deal with people complaining about seeing sprays of naked anthropomorphic animals with swastikas and stuff like that. That's the reason why CS:GO and Overwatch have paid sprays. Sad that corporations hate unfilitered shitposting.

"You can have fun but just in these limited ways, on these allotted hours and don't think of having too much fun or we'll ban you for making the 12 year olds who just installed the game sad or else they won't buy our cosmetics anymore"

The funny thing is 12-year-olds have more guts than the majority of current year's 25-year-olds.

I am pretty sure the webm is something called still life beta male, it should be on the internet somewhere. The song in particular is from one of Oneohtrix Point Never's albums called R+7.

Even if you could remove all the retarded hats and weapon skins, you would still have to deal with shitty players, who either don't care about the objetives, have terrible skills, don't really know how to play the game or spend their time trading shit

should come play with us mate. don't even need retail TF2 to play and can be configured to run without steam

I already play Vintage, hell, I just posted in the Vintage thread, but I was talking about regular TF2. I don't know why you had to mention Vintage for no reason.

because you talk like it'll happen to retail.

also what retail TF2 really needs is removal of the match making system

And a good player base purging.
I committed a sin and looked at the reddit Valve links to, its all shitty memes, a couple about an e-celeb, and circle jerking about how great volvo is.

I didn't know I had any faith left in humanity, but I just lost more somehow.

F2P was the big issue with that because just a influxof BRs and people who can't play. And what typically happened is they'd end up in a server you frequent pushing out the regulars and bring down overall skill level.

Valve servers didn't help remedy this

Compfags too. Those guys are up their own ass with how the game should be played.
Remove casual/competitive entirely, cut the valve servers in half and make them accept mods/sprays, never listen to compfags. All Valve needs man.

They'll never accept sprays. Lest they have articles published by (((Journolists))) that call valve nazis for allowing pepe sprays or some stupid shit

What I don't understand about those compfags is that they can form their own matches, leagues and rules without valve. Tf2 isn't like cuntstroke where it's designed to be quick wlimination matches with a small, coordinated team. Tf2 seems designed for casual play.

Day 4 is up

Last day is just balance changes.
pretty good update but given all the hype of a "mammoth" update I was expecting just a bit more.

BRAVO VALVE
JUST

what the fuck are you talking about.

worst fucking game of my generation. go collect some more hats faggots

What i'm talking about is that Valve looked at these fucking changes and thought that it will legitimately help the underused weapons better. of course everything that Valve does now is fucking out of touch

Fuck those guys look at this fucking travesty

They're basically the Tim & Eric of youtube, one can be funny while the other is just a sorry sack of shit. Fuck, even Jerma manages to appear on every top 10 twitch moments.

its hilarious every time someone complains about this.

Was it OP when the soldier did the same thing with a rocket or the scout did with a meatshot? Same fucking damage being done in about the same time.

here’s my prediction for possible future updates

???
So its ok for scout and soldier to do the same thing but not pyro? Isn't he an offense class too?
Why can't he do high burst damage like they can?

where the hell are you getting those numbers.

why is he doing more damage with a shotgun and an airblast then he can do with his flamethrower? If he was supposed to be a burst class then i imagine his flamethrower would do significantly more damage then it does. You have a weapon thats supposed to reward quick reaction time and accurate rocket placement for a soldier and gave it to a pyro who can use it to crit anytime he wants to.

Maybe because his flamethrower's broken as fuck. Half of the particles miss because the game is coded poorly.
Is it literally the fact its labelled as a crit too? A pyro using a flare still has to: Airblast, switch weapons, aim for you accounting for gravity, then shoot, then switch back because you're probably not dead yet. Solder: Aim at feet, miss and do damage twice.

Spy gets an item which will spawn a fake random player hologram standing still. Is destroyed when taking enemy team damage. Your team can see that it's a hologram but other team can't. Use to bait other spies or make people question taking certain routes if they see an enemy.

He already heals, crits, applies resistances, flies, and fucking everything else.

Hats are a blight

I bet you got dominated by someone wearing a hat.
Didn't you.

Nerf the grappling hook, make it a heavy secondary.

Who the fucking fuck thought this was a good idea?

What's some real bullshit is why in the pant shitting fuck can't the engineer equip the reserve shooter but all forms of sentry knockback enable the minicrits.

Compfags who volvo listened to.

The same people who thought that M.Bison's penetrating projectiles were a glitch.

Just shoot two rockets vaguely in his direction jesus christ

Real talk, which game you preordered just to get a shitty cosmetic is more fun than current tf2?

I remember that fucker, several years ago he got into an internet slapfight with Ezcoyote over brony shit.

Haven't seen this happen in years.

Can someone explain to me wtf the Flying Guillotine is supposed to do now?

Fucking loved those guys.

Team GRN was amazing. I wish I had gotten into the game while the coach noclippin' worked but I'm a newbie and nobody coaches anymore.

Don't forget x10-x10000000000, jailbreak, surf, zombie, class war, 'friendly', silly, and randomized servers.
If theres a dead horse to be beat they're gonna fucking beat it!

I remember his quick downfall, and now he's just doing Dota shit.

Pyro is about to become even more annoying with this new update

vanilla arena servers are the last bastion of proper TF2

this game really panders to children now