There are people with low enough standards and shit enough taste to actually think Dark Souls 3 is a good game

There are people with low enough standards and shit enough taste to actually think Dark Souls 3 is a good game

This is a bad videogame. Worse it is a game designed by bob marketing. A unashamed meme game relying utterly on references to past works to have any semblance of quality that relies utterly on the brand loyalty indoctrination of the user. It is utterly devoid of merit as a iteration on a successful action rpg with no redeeming qualities over any other game in the series. Anything it does on of the other 5 does it better. It excels at nothing and fails at everything.

Yet there are some elder god tier plebs on Holla Forums that actually think this is a good videogame.
Can you imagine being such a level of good Goy as that? to overlook all the issues that make it the objective worse for no reason than nostalgia pandering?

DS3 felt like a shittier Bloodborne tbh

Dark souls 3 is the dark souls of dark souls

At least it was better than Dark Souls 2.

Ahahah well memed

Pretty much this, a lot of enemies felt like they'd fit much more in a bloodborne style game, where the dodge is much faster and you have the actual capability to dodge long strings of attacks. But with contemporary DaS controls, it just feels sluggish and just rather frustrating comparatively.

Way worse than DaS2, and DaS2 was terrible with how floaty your character and enemies are. DeS>DaS>DaS2>DaS3

Don't forget how armor was completely useless. Havel's set gives you 35% damage reduction while weighing 60s while something like the dancer's set gives you 20% while weighing a third of that.

Dark Souls 3 may be trash but it didn't completely lie about game's graphical capabilities before launch
Or maybe it did, I didn't follow this turd after the disappointment that was Dark souls 2.

Good. This shitty series goes to show if Holla Forums does love something, it'll promote it to death. Let the cancer die now.

The saving grace of DS2 is having a Master Quest style rerelease with Scholar of the first sin. It is still a flawed game but having two completely different builds of the game that play very differently means you can have more player choice. Especially when the build variety and viability is excellent.
Shit even having a NG+ that added new enemies in was a pleasant surprise. Something that DS3 lacks in every regard.

You typed this "criticism" like you are actually a faggot that liked DaS3 AKA DaS2 2.0

A real Dark Souls fan would have mentioned the removal of poise and also the gutting of the SL invasion system both of these choices make DaS3 an entirely worthless game compared to DaS1.

The rerelease doesn't touch the DLC levels. They are fucking horrid, fully immersed in the difficulty meme where you have completely linear levels and no clever design, just bash your head against hordes of damage sponges until you break through.

Fromfags are the cancer killing videogames
The IP is over now, you can stop bitching

checked.
Anyone who plays a souls game after Dark Souls 1 is a faggot

Oh, hey, it's another "People like a game that I don't like," thread written by some fucking autist, boy are these fun…

Lets see you refute any of it cherryboi. I'll wait.

You refuted yourself

After finally touching SotFS recently, I finally had the courage to play DaS3. Since everyone and their mother had already praised the game and I saw some gameplay that looked pretty, I expected at least to enjoy the game since I enjoyed some of SotFS.

I can see a lot of my problems with the game in the OP, plus the issues I already had with SotFS. At least the story of SotFS was cool.

You put a lot of effort into this bait so I'm going to reward you.

That is effervescent and generic. A droning dirge like that was no resonance. Did you actually recall the entire song from memory? or just think of the events in game you liked and pick the track that accompanies the feelings instead of a track that in a vaccum expresses itself upon you?

After playing through DaS1 a few times I started DaS2. They literally took the dark out. The engine runs way better, and I like the ladder mechanics. However, after like 4 bosses including a pussy-bitch fake Ornstein I quit the game somewhere in the pirate area.

My next plan is to grab a 60gb PS3 and run through DeS before heading on to DaS3. But maybe I should just stick with DaS and DeS, then someday when PS4s are cheap skip DaS3 and jump to BB?

You can play DeS on pc, user.

RPCS3? I grabbed it, but I thought DeS was a digital download only… which means I'd have to /scurv/ an .iso mayhaps?

nicoblog has it

Oh also I think the 60gb PS3 is the only backward compatible version, and I want to play my oldass copy of Onimusha PS2 again heh

We need to figure out what individuals designed the overall map and the good areas of DaS1. Miyazaki clearly isn't the golden boy or if he was he lost it (I remember fondly the anecdote about the design and dignified redesign of the undead dragon, but I can't remember much else other than the fem intern that designed BIG FAT GIANTESS TATS).

All the others have something worth playing through. Demons Souls is very easy by todays standards, and short. But it has a somewhat less fantastical story and is far more in line with the teams idea to make a jerk off fantasy based on their love of Berserk. Dark Souls 1 is an expansion of all its ideas but suffers from the most poorly designed second half in the series. Dark Souls 2 has the best build variety and when they work has some very interesting factions to rep like the Rat Kings. Bloodbourne easily has the best story of the lot because it is a well thought out lucid piece which is why you dont get a bunch of soyboys making theory videos to sad piano music on youtube about it.
You can try any other than 3 and find something you will enjoy.

is my browser being retarded or am I? the damn download links don't show when i click the button

adfly, nm got it

Just by implying 2 is anywhere outside of "just as bad as 3", you basically refuted your own shit.

Honestly, yes, I have it and Firelink Shrine on my phone. I feel they reflect a wistfulness for more peaceful times in a storm that's set to break, something that I think about regularly in life. It's slow, delicate and the longing as the vocals die out is deliberate. Why you can't appreciate that is beyond me.

I went back and replayed them all recently, here's my ranking:

1. Bloodborne
2. Dark Souls (though these two top spots are really interchangeable)
3. Demons Souls
4. Dark Souls 2; Scholar
5. Dark Souls 3

Aside from weapon arts and some good bosses, I didn't enjoy 3 at all on replay, and the two expansions are much worse than Artorias or the Three Kings from Scholar.

why so many beta redditors using this term lately?

How does it feel to be a literal manchild?

Some of it is really obnoxious nitpicking too, but this type of second-rate criticism is nothing new, however.
I just wonder if anyone has ever changed their opinion because of a dozen or so lines listing things that aren't "quite right with X game".

Dank souls is a shit franchise

Are you fucking kidding me?
I wish there was a havel disgust reaction image to convey how I feel right now.

Still astounds me how bad they are.

The only Souls game with poise is Dark Souls 1.

Yeah no. DaS2 might not be as good as DaS1, but at the very least it's better than 3. Miyazaki and his team just combined the worst aspects of DaS1, DaS2, and Bloodborne to combine them into DaS3. It has nothing going for it.
I could go on for hours about how badly they fucked up DaS3, which is what sucks, because it was SUPPOSED to be the swan song of Froms team for Dark Souls and miyazaki, being the final game, where they know what to improve and learned from previous errors. It could have had everything DaS1 had, but better. A covenant like the blades of the darkmoon but better, instead it's a shitty remake of the way of the blue and an even shittier blue sentinel or wtv the fuck it's called in DaS2.
They could've expanded on the arena system or the pvp grounds prevalent in the forests in DaS1, or the belltower in DaS2, yet somehow they manage to fuck up so BADLY that the pvp zone is good for only 10 levels, when for both the others it was good the entire game, and DaS2's bell tower is out of the fucking way. Like how does DaS3 fuck up that badly?

They fucked up pvp HORRIBLY, especially with how estus works, combined with the amount of people and nopoise. The pvp is just shit compared to how it was in DaS1 & DaS2. It's the only souls game that is not fun to fight other players, how the fuck do you fuck that up? It's one of the biggest things? The fucking story is linear as all hell, with the fewest deviations from the set path. I was promised that it'd be like Miyazakis DaS1, which branched off in all directions from Firelink Shrine, but it's the least linear of the 3! It's practically a fucking hallway with pretty colors. Like I said, could go on but this fucking post is getting too big. I was way too fucking disappointed with DaS3. That shit burned my ass too, cause I didn't have a whole lot of money left when I saved for it for release and it was completely underwhelming on all levels. I remember just being disgusted by the end, with how shit of an experience it had become. And considering how many fucking bonfires there are, and how pathetically easy the bosses were, with how shit pvp was, I should've just pirated the fucking thing if I ever intended to play it, as the linear as fuck story that's memorable to play only once is the only thing it has going for it. Oh yeah, special mentions go to how shit New Game + is for DaS3. Also the worst of the 3. I'd say I was surprised, but DaS3 is the worst of a lot of things in series. Fucking disappointment.

Saying DaS2 is somehow not only not an abomination but also better than DaS3 is the Dark Souls of Souls bait posts

Who promised you a non-linear DS3? From clearly don't give a fuck about having non-linearity. If they did, they would have repeated it after the first DS. It feels like it was more accidental than intended.

Well there's really no point in refuting anything you said given that no one cares what a gay nigger on twitter thinks.

I don't get this argument. Shouldn't the logic be that you put traps in a level where they're appropriate? Otherwise is a game 10/10 because every level is crammed with traps?

I think they just wanted something different for 3, since they already did an integrated open world so well in 1.

Vordt's theme really stuck out in the OST. It's one of my favorites, and it's sad that Motoi didn't make a couple more themes like this.

If that was the case then mimics should have been placed in more realistic places too instead of out of the way secluded areas behind hazards with no enemies.
The truth is the game has very inconsistent and haphazard level design with the devs themselves having no idea what to do with it which is why they settled for making references to older games instead of trying to be different.

Which is the best souls game, fuck hipsters.

I can commend your thought responses except one "why is dudes in armour an issue" and thats simply because from the start thats not been the point. You are a human. You are the guy in armour and you fight monstrous creatures in increasing size and scale. The whole thematic approach is that the dudes in armour are all hollowed out and you are a standout not because of being a chosen one or someshit but because you are the only 'dude in armour' who kept their shit together. Flooding the later games with other dudes in armour reduces the entire theme of one tiny ember against a legion of hopeless, overwhelming odds. You are a dude in armour, you can die easily. So why would any dude in armour boss ever suggest its going to be a big deal with the entire crux of the series is that 99% of dudes in armour of jobbers?

Well, I'm not about to suggest that every level needs to meet some arbitrarily defined number of environmental hazards, but I will say that they can be used in tandem with enemy placement and ambushes to add an extra layer of "difficulty" to the general equation. For instance, imagine if the Anor Londo archers were placed down a hallway. They're shooting at you from head on, but on your left and right, the tiles of the walls will occasionally spit out poisonous darts in varying patterns. Sounds like a pain in the ass, but if you learn the patterns, and learn where you're safe to hide from the oncoming spear-esque arrows, you'll eventually "git gud" enough to endure.

I personally think this is bad design, and such an example actually implemented would serve nothing more as "hurr xD difficulty" for difficulty's sake, but I mention it as an example to illustrate how a simple environmental hazard could be used to augment an already present challenge. I believe that someone clever enough could design a level that poses enemy challenges along with environmental hazards that aren't considered "cheap".

Fair point, but isn't it true that a number of the armored humanoid types are bolstered in size and power? Gundyr explodes appendages of dark matter, Vordt is surrounded by an aura of frost, Pontiff can create copies of himself and lunge at you from above, the Dancer is admittedly a weak boss fight despite that she's at least larger than your player character, the Dragonslayer Armor is actually being controlled by those butterflies and it can use electrical attacks, and Nameless King can command electrical projectiles and sonic booms. Technically they're still just humanoids, but they're clearly not humans. They're more like Gods, augmented great beings of incredible strength that merely take the appearance of some humanoid type figures. I think that they can still be appropriate given the theme, although I admit that the game would be more interesting, from a thematic and possibly gameplay perspective, if it contained monstrosities that were designed around a concept that is meant to reflect the theme and environment (i.e. if the concept to be conveyed is fear, then maybe the environment could be built around a classical interpretation of fear that somehow incorporates the "lose-your-souls-forever" mechanic into the visual design of both the environment and the boss)

What the fuck is your problem? They actually put effort.

This is a problem in of itself.
When every single boss has a second stage it no longer feels special. Having bosses which are just humanoids in armor is bad because it pretty much limits the visual and gameplay variety a boss can have. In Dark Souls 1 Ornstein and Smough aren't great just because they have a second stage and they are big dudes in armor, they are great because they are one of the few bosses with a second stage which makes it a curveball.
Another problem this design of fixating over big dudes in armor is that they are inherently and very obviously unfair. They have infinite stamina and combos that can make you go 100% to 0 unless you roll cancel every stagger(which means any heavy build is fucked) and they all can move faster than the player by either teleporting or just making a tracking leap making positioning almost irrelevant.

Its a huge shame too because its not like Dark Souls 3 doesn't have good bosses with neat gimmicks, its just that they are underused in favor of dudes in armor with attacks that combo infinitely.

Vordt and the abyss watchers are the only bossfight soundtracks I liked. Guess the callback to gwyns theme later in the cinder fight is nice too but other then that part it was completely forgettable.

DS3 >>> DaS = BB > DeS > DaS2 > dragons dogma

only a casual would think different than this.

Nice cuckchan bait

can we pass out bans for this already? regardless of whether its bait or not (it is) its spam at this point

Even if DaS2 design is a mess, it's still better designed than DaS3. You can't say this is wrong and then do a 180 and claim DaS1 is the best like many of you do. The third dark souls game is the odd one out in all aspects. All it has going for it is the great visuals.

please do not bump a bait thread

Fuck off nigger, go jerk off to cancermatosis.

It's not our fault you have shit taste user. Go play overwatch or something.

why is everyone fighting?

Because Soulsfags are cancer composed mostly out of rabid autists that can't appreciate a good game because the meta isn't of their liking much like an ASSFAGGOTS/MMO addict.
Most of them have never played a Kings Field or Shadow Tower game as well but will start shouting that their big fans of the franchise and From

define "soulsfag"

Fuck off, OnlyAfro.

Maybe some kind of disillusionment that everybody's most beloved franchise isn't all that hot.
Most arguments offered against DaS3 are blown out of proportion, but not unfounded. I still can't believe that they dropped every single original lore aspect from the base game in the expansions.
Still have no idea what's up with the angels, Ocelotte, what that "Age of the Deep Sea" was that slime guy was dreaming about, why there are demons just kind of chilling around Farron, also speaking about Farron, if they're supposed to be keeping a lid on the Abyss (literally), why didn't they just walk those 20 minutes over to the cathedral and kick those guys' asses?
Ariandel was also a huge letdown. When I first got through Archdragon Peak, I was speculating that one of the DLC would have the player travelling to the moon, where they meet the gods of ye olde who teamed up with the dragons, like Nameless King and Storm King, because humans are hella dangerous. Or they just sit there and wait until the end of time to come back with a vengeance. Instead vikings and Friede's great scythe happened.
I mean DaS2 is stupid but at least it lets me walk around shirtless while shooting dragons in the dick with hadouken.

They pursued this idea of fast, "visceral" combat so singlemindedly only for ni-oh do to it better anyway. fromsoft is forever cucked and the souls franchise is stained.

I still like it more than DS2, but that might only be because it's over faster.

Who is this and why was he in charge of designing DS3?

Dark Souls is the Call of Duty of "Japanese Hard Game"

You say that, but we'll miss DS threads when they finally start falling off. I know I will.

Not really no
They're fucking awful and every time the faggots will hype, shill and buy the games in droves before calling it shit.
The DS3 threads here were fucking awful with people even preordering it like the cancerous faggots they are.
DS games are great, but the community around it is fucking awful and has been fucking awful since Namco shilled it to high heavens back in 2011.

ironically dark souls is the rick and morty of videogame fandoms.

Quality cuckchan shitpost, be sure to go back there whenever you can.

The fuck are you even from, faggot? Not from here that's for sure.

Meme-spouting pedophile.

Be sure to go >>>/back/ faggot, before faggots like you shat up this board I could actually talk about obscure stuff like Assault Suit Leynos and Revolver360 isntead of having countless generals of faggots shilling Cucksona 5 and Overcuck.

That's a big bait.

Dark Souls 2 truly is the patrician's choice. I rejoice in the companionship of my fellow aristocratic gentlemen every time we talk of Dark Souls 2, and its many great talking points.

Together we form that which is righteous and mighty in this world.

and still being "People like a game that I don't like".

No matter how hard they make an effort why is worse than predecessor, at the end of the day, they are still mad about ppl liking games that they don't like.

You don't have to be genius to realize that. OP is bitching about a game he does not like. Makes sound argument and/or points, good on him, nobody cares regardless.

Wasted Hard work OP. Wasted.

DS3 was good, DS1 was better. I personally like Demon's soul over all Dark Souls. It's what got me into souls game.

I like DS3

Playing it now, in dooks archive, blind run

pirated, no dlc, patch 1.03, only copy i can get a hold of through a friend because downloading in my country is bullshit with data caps and all that drama

Its been great so far even without online

Par with DS1 save for the level design where DS1 is far superior

I wish it had more varied weapon arts though

Its fun

I recommend it

fite me fgts

Normally you'de be right but this is the DS2 autist we're talking about here. If you really don't know this motherfucker by now you need to lurk more.

i think it's super fucking hilarious that they keep making new games instead of finishing their existing ones. i would pay $300 for a copy of Dark Souls: Finished Edition. you know, take their unfinished maps and actually finish them, take out the recycled enemies and put new ones, give the shitty boss fights with only two attacks more moves, etcetera? well who am i kidding, you all know all these games are released in beta stage better than i do.
i remember i saw an enhanced port of dark souls II for the ps4 and it made me laugh real hard cause i knew it was still an unfinished piece of shit.

Does FROM own the rights to the Dark Souls name at all? I have no clue how licensing works but I'm just curious how long we will wait before Namco feels greedy enough to hire a bunch of people to really cash in on the DS meme and make a fourth game. Or will they just keep re-doing the formula a la Code Vein and whatever else they want

bonus points if the fourth game is better than 2 and 3

Fucking faggot.

No, Bamco owns the Dark Souls name.
Most deals have the publisher own the rights of the Intellectual Properties, thats the case here.
Deals aren't a sure exact thing, but there are trends.

FromSoftware for example was owned by a non gaming publisher, so they worked with various publishers Sony/Sega/Bandai after publishing games was easier in the PS2 Era which they did on their own.
However Kadokawa bought them from said non gaming publisher and they are likely going to try and finance and publish From games on their own with all the Gacha jewgold they have.
Meaning we'll likely never see a Bloodborne 2 because that deal was made before From was owned by Kadokawa back in 2012.

Platinum in contrast is a private company, meaning nobody can buy shares from them aside from a small group of people.

You should read or explore more about it and be more aware, its good to know when you're unsure if a game is going to be shit or not and to understand the industry and even Holla Forums and the whole gayman community itself.
Start with western companies they're easier to understand as they're more jewish and barely make any cooperation deals and documentation of them is easier to find and understand.

Interesting, thanks user. I don't know much about how this stuff works but think it's fascinating how these deals are made and what the repercussions are for companies and their IPs.

You have to understand something as well, one thats fundamental to understand and that normalfags still don't despite all the public tutoring they get craved into their feeble minds.
Companies aren't always the same despite reatining their name as marketing ploy, a brand
The core people in a company many times leave after a bigger one buys them out for example or leave after a big chunk of their life was spent there.
Sometimes they might have different studios attached to the same name like EA does with DICE and Bioware or Ubisoft and Capcom does with their subsidiaries.
Its why many times you'll see games that are severely different despite the brand of the "same dev" still being there.

Of course most of this shit is happens outside the public eye, wouldn't want the goy to stop pouring in money now would we?

This thread is awful. I want plebbit to leave.

fuck outa here you piece of shit

Gnarly post, dude.

It's okay if you have shit taste, user. You just need to learn to accept that Dark Souls 3 is the true casual souls, and leave the Dark Souls 2 discussion to the absolute master class of society.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting

What the fuck did you just call Coffee, Instant?

No need, you took yourself down.

I agree, pretending that Dark Souls 3 is a good game should be a bannable offense. Ironic shitposting is not tolerated around these parts.

The backward compatible PS3 CECH-4 and CECH-5

Dark Souls 3 is a good game.

Dark Souls 3 is a good game
Stay mad

Stay mad faggot.

Do you go around screaming homophobe and islamophobe too, you rainbow haired fuck?

Fuck off Hank.

I know it's hard for you, but once again, this is the first sentence of the game.
"Ah, yes, it is called Lothric, where the lands of the Lords converge".
The entire setting is that every age of fire comes back to a single point. It's not marketing memes, it's a big crunch apocalypse.

Im

Just killed soul of cinder yes with the 2 summons because im a casul and always busy and getting ready to move on to my next game.

Time to check what i missed with heavy wiki scumming…

Dragon prarie is fucking impossible to just "run into" through exploration.

I went through the entire game without the fucking red stoneplate ring to reduce fire damage. I just thought that fire and lightning didnt get damage reduction rings until i found the yellow stoneplate.

The puzzle dragon fight is good albeit inconsistent because its and ai. The idea is solid. Fuck the chain axe snake motherfucker though, died too many times.

I accidentally killed the super sad miracle seller because i misclicked, i cant find a way to revive her. Glad i dont need her stuff until ng+ maybe.

I cant believe the titanite chunk ashes is locked away in this bullshit hard to find area that is so easily missable.

Gotta do cleanup after i beat the nameless king and prep for ng+ before i stop playing so i can get back to it later and dick around. Id appreciate it is anyone can provide a checklist.

Thanks for trying to defend the way i type but as a workingman, it really doesnt matter to me nor will i change it. Thats how i format emails to give a good split of thoughts

Off topic:
Kinda amusing that a "free thinking" minimally regulated corner of the internet wants to reinforce a single way of acting. I got kicked from a game discord for not conforming to its weeb owner's taste because im too manly and am turned off by emotional bullshit in aminoos. i skip the sappy parts and bash characters for beeing all dramatic and the guy couldnt take me shrugging off his precious aminoo's fee fees

Git gud.

on a sidenote im happy finally jewtube judeo-faggots such as vaati and similar will run out of money and die of starvation

How can it be blind if there is only one way to progress?

This is exactly why I have never and will never touch this fucking series. It's not even just you niggers, it's every single """""""fan""""""" of this shite series. Not even ONCE have I heard ANYTHING good about ANY of the fucking games, not once. It's always shitting on the other ones.
It tells me that, ultimately, the series is merely mediocre. Nothing to praise, nothing to be proud of, the only good thing about Dark Souls is that one entry is better than the other.
What a fucking joke of a series.

Just skip 3 and BB altogether they're both boring and terrible. I dont know how BB is regarded as one of the best. Probably by pretentious retards that think HP lovecraft in vidya is rarely done despite being so popular that its in call of duty

Not really. You will likely see it in the distance and notice the corpse with the dragon stones facing it while in a meditative pose. It even has an empty spot next to it. After Ocelotte you get the gesture for Path of the Dragon. You can put two and two together.

Stop avatarfagging with animeshit and maybe someone will take you seriously.

Relevant

t. pc torrenting faggot

what level of autism do you function on. Despite its flaws the game still fuctions and has several enjoyable features and areas so I can't call it a "bad" game by any means.

it is bad compared to the other games cuz it feels and is unoriginal
not surprising, fromso and bandanco just wanted to milk the gay fandom some more even though they had run out of ideas

sometimes I get the feeling people comparing all the souls games to one another forget that the second half of dark souls 1 has a bunch of areas players would rather just sprint through than actually explore like Lost Izalith and New Londo. Even on my first playthrough of souls 1 i found myself ignoring the giants and gargoyles in anor londo because their placement and pathfinding was so janky. I Give 3 the credit that there weren't really any areas in it I wanted to skip on subsequent playthroughs even if several were just retakes of areas from 1. In aspects like that i would say it succeeds over 1 and 2 (maybe even demons souls too because of 5-2). I can't think of any glaring sections or enemies that killed my flow in 3 so I'm not inclined to call it bad. Especially because even if you say its a "bad souls game" that still puts it better than most of what is available on the market right now.

i want OnlyAfro cucks to leave

Obviously I don't speak for everyone but I wouldn't be upset if Farron Keep was cut from the game. I think DaS3 is decent overall but FK is easily my least favourite area in the entire series because of how bland and derivative it is. It's just a regurgitation of the Valley of Defilement without any of the moral grey areas or striking visual design that made it so memorable.

I think it's the best/worst example of DaS3 thoughtlessly regurgitating aspects of its predecessors without any consideration of what made them so good. Yhorm's fight being as shit as it is because the devs couldn't restrain themselves from making a really forced Demon's Souls reference and Gwyn's theme starting to play halfway through the Soul of Cinder fight aren't far behind in that regard.

I don't know, NG+ fist weapon made up for DS2's problems for me.

the only really strong argument for 2 is it's build varieties. Enemy placements are probably its biggest fuckup I feel isn't acknowledged enough. In for most multi-enemy engagements in souls 1, the enemies would have different weapons and movement speed, you see this done far more effectively in bloodborne as well. This causes the enemies to not all clump together at once and you can take them out in a way that makes sense, in 2 there were multiple times you'd enter a fucking room with 3 of the same enemy type that would all just make a beeline towards you with the same moveset and weapon. The only effective way to fight that mess is through kiting them because they would all end up clipping together creating a horrific hitbox monster

this might be me
but i cant really remember any areas of DS3 that impressed me or felt memorable, aside from irithyll

i guess if i had played ds3 before the other titles i would've loved every single bit of it
but sadly i went through it and didnt leave anything worth of note to me.
strangely i remember vendrick's story and ds2 better than any plot/lore element of 3(even though i dont like 2, it's the only one i finished once).
now i never did pvp on any of the soulsborne so i cant tell how much more enjoyable it would've been that way

dark souls 3 PVP was a shitshow, but a very fun shitshow because of the mound-makers wildcard

Im the "blind run" guy doing cleanup before stopping my playthrough until DS3 goes on a significant sale and i just gotta say…

i may be admittedly casul, but holy shit nameless king is fucking hard to do without any cheeseing available. I need a fucking npc summon or at least a wall for respite like in the dancer fight. Makes me wonder how soul of cinder would have gone without the 2 npc summons.

Spent a few hours already and best ive gotten is 1/3 hp. I've tried swapping out gear and farming souls (not powerleveling since thatll take as much time as gitting gud and tomore boring) to swap out weapons. In the end i think i have to stick to my +10 heavy dark sword and +9 refined dragonslayer axe for the wyvern. I wish i didnt send greirat to scavenge, i read he had a swag shield that could tank this boss much better than the one im using now.

Im already creeping on 60h now. I need to finish this last boss goddamn.

(checked)
people who shit on DkS3 are full of shit. Its just a counter meme because they remember everyone shitting on the B-Team Dork 2 game and they desperately want to fit in.

1. Do not lock onto the giant turkey. He will often blow fire down at you, you need to be ready to run away from that shit, being locked on will hamper your ability to do so
2. ONLY lock on when you're trying to dodge his spear thrusts or thunderbolts. These moves are easy to avoid if you let him pivot around you then roll at the right time
3. When the turkey is yelling at you with fire breath, that's the perfect time to run towards his bitch ass and cleave at his head. If you can stagger him, you can get a free critical stab which does a lot of damage. However, you need to learn the right time to run, cause his fire breath has a very short window of opportunity to avoid and cross the gap to get beneath him. Of course, this depends on how close you are relative to his position. You should have enough time to get beneath him most of the time.
4. Ignore his feet, you won't do any damage to him compared to the amount of damage you'll do to his head.
5. Once you kill the bird, he'll 1v1 you for reals this time. He does this AoE thunderbolt attack that does a hell of a lot of damage, but you can avoid it if you roll. His normal thrusts and swipes are easy to avoid, learn the timings and attack when he's done with his onslaught.
6. The shockwaves he sends out are a bitch, but he'll only use them if you're too far away, so it benefits you to stay reasonably close to him at all times.
7. Save your estus for the second phase of the fight
8. I'm reasonably sure bleed damage works well here. I'd caution against using buffs mid fight unless you have a shit ton of resins
9. git gud faggot, don't summon cause that's bitch mode which ruins an otherwise satisfying fight.

I'de say 3 is a little over half as good as 1. And 2 is about 35% as good as either of the games.

Stop using summons at all, it will make you play better. Using summons is the the souls version of going into a menu and lowering the difficulty. In some cases this is even worse because the summons can take care of the boss solo. In that case it's an actual skip boss button where you still get a reward.

Im playing casul.

I got to the 1v1 and at my best i got the old nameless fag down to 1/3 hp. Its just annoying how many tiers this boss battle has. Turkey has killed me more times than i'd care to admit because its just a patience-sink. I just want to get it over woth as soon as possoble but fukken randomass attack patters some taking 10 sec to complete eats away at patience and makes me more reckless. The downward fire breath is also bullshit.

im playing a yarred copy. I cant summon even if i wanted to. i got through dancer alone. This bloody boss is just a perfect storm of uncheesable

Wait until you get to Friede.

It was fucking quality straightsword souls not dex souls, get your shit straight
Also the Firelink theme when you've handed over the firekeeper eyes. That theme is nice.

Greathammers give you 8x poise and hyperarmor

I didn't really care for any of the souls games past Demon's Souls cuz they neutered the fun parts (scraping spear and storm troller invasions). Bloodborne was a fun distraction but was more of a single player game. Hopefully they can continue Shadow Tower or King's Field because Shadow Tower Abyss had some neat fuckin ideas that I would love to see expanded upon.

Dont worry, soon emulators will ruin your favorite game by allowing others to play it.
Soon, motherfucker.
At lest you will have this one.

DaS3 is hands-down the least well-crafted game in the series. I am not saying it's bad, it doesn't know what kind of game it wants to be, because it has no unique ideas on its own. They were all lifted from previous games and thrown into a blender. The end result is:

For me, Dark Souls ended when Vendrick cured the Undead Curse, but at least From let us see the what the Pygmy's were actually about.

Its not poise if its only during attack animations.

I like 2, its a fun game in fact I designed on of the winning shield designs. But it just wasn't the same level of quality as Bloodborne, Demon's Souls & Dark Souls. Dark Soul 3 was clearly a game Hidetaka Miyazaki never planned on making and that is reflected in the product but it became necessary after 2. It needed to be brought to closure and the story of Slave Knight Gael was a great way end the series and in it own way was meant to be a reconciliation where it has an undertone of a conciliatory nature respecting others artistic visions. So much of the game was a metaphor to the process of creativity and was self aware of the entropy and contrivances of a franchise and at times was cheeky enough to mock itself. The biggest legitimate complaints anyone has about DkS3 are about PvP which nobody worthwhile cares about (because Dark Souls was never about PvP) and the lack of content in the first DLC. However, when you look back on it holistically it has some of the best boss fights in the whole series only possibly rivaled by Bloodborne. Sister Friede and Gael is hands down two of the best fights. Pontiff Sulyvahn and Aldrich are runner up. If Boss fights alone where the metric DkS3 is rivaling Bloodborne which only surpassed it due to being a fresh canvas where creativity would flourish. The "Dark Souls" motif was stifling and I am glad it was put to rest.

one*

You know how MP works, right?
I am a detective then. And its not like ds1 where you can have illusory wall after illusory wall.
It wasn't him, it was player. And it was not a cure, it was just removal of some of the negative effects. You still cant die. Too bad they dropped that plot entirely. I was thinking that Ashen one was one of the new undead who was cured from most negative effects of the curse. But ds2 might as well be non canon at this point.
DS2 could have been a good game if they didnt cannibalize most of it to release 3rd part. Its really noticeable if you dig through ds2 concept art and think about it.
It ruined the most important part of lore such as ds1 into quite a lot. You can ignore it a little if you say "its the story as it was told by Gods" and not the actual story, but its fucked up anyway.
I understand that they wanted to tie up, ds1, ds2, demons souls in one game, but they could have done a better job. A new story which is not finished version of ds2 plus some random pieces of lore they did not know where to put but decided to tell them anyway, even if it fucks things up. At least we get complete story out if this.

BB is good because its its own thing. Imagine how things would be fucked up if they were forced same thing into ds setting. Franchises should not over-rely on themselves.

The Souls series is dead because it lost its creative spark. Balance around builds and stats was never the real point. The Bosses got progressively more "balanced", so we stopped getting creative, fun stuff like the Old Monk or the Adjudicator because consistency sells. No longer you will feel alone and isolated in the world, no, retards who screamed for balance wanted PvP arenas, something so completely off the philosophy of the game it hurts. They wanted to play with their friends so they made co op easy, not a experience where you summon someone, have this fleeting feel or cooperation and then he is gone forever. No longer you get new and interesting lore bits, now it is just a constant regurgitation of fan favorites like "praise the sun lol xD".

The fans ruined the series. This entirely falls on you. Each game should have been its own thing and the series would have been fine if only Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Bloodborne existed.

oh also, the series was ruined by the fact that you can teleport between bonfires right from the beginning.

Heres some super hot opinion

I enjoyed each souls game and bloodbourn
DS3 spoils DS1 because DS1 is so slow in comparison
**DS3's biggest flaws are the "Don't forget, this is dark souls so here is some bullshit"
DS1's highly connected areas and multiple routes was a happy accident, you never really see that again in any of Fromsoftware's games
There is nothing wrong teleporting around

That is because From soft has been making nothing but meme souls since then.

I get not liking 3 but no way in hell is 2 a better game I don't give a shit how much you hate 3.

We have IDs here you stupid redditor faggot.

I agree, friend! Only casuals and faggots would wear heavy armor or try different builds. Hyper armor, or edgy dex builds, truly is for men of refined taste.
After all, it's not a good souls game if the good ol' combo of R1>R1>R1>R1>R1>R1>R1>R1 Isn't viable.

user the Spear of the Church is mechanically way better then the Old Monk and the Adjudicator is a very simple gimmick boss that is so easy in comparison to any of the bosses in DkS3. What was lost was the vitality and the aesthetic that formed the Gestalt. Spiritually (for lack of a better word) Demons Souls is grater but mechanically speaking (from a materialistic stand point) your examples are ironic contradictions. As for the "fans ruined the series", I would say this is in part true but (you) paradoxically are one of those "fans". But at least you are no ENB.
JUST

HeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHe
HeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHe HeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHe
  HeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHe

I think the main point here is that the later games just kept repeating the same things as before and "tuning" them, while losing what made them fun in the process. Demon's Souls was great because it tried something different and it worked, not because whether it was mechanically balanced or not.

3 was pretty great. Made me go back and try 2 which I'd skipped since everyone hated how awful it was. They were right, what a pile of shit. 1 had the best openess which 3 could have easily improved considering areas go around in a complete circle.

he wont bloody fucking die goddamn

Stop rushing things you baka

still cant beat that phase 3. the erratic attack strings are a bitch to read.

These fucks were the easiest to punish.
Though gotta admit I find meme itself to be pretty damn funny.

Play zelda next time bitchboi.

DS2 is the only good game of the franchise

This is something that I've really noticed. Demon Souls just has this mood that permeates everything, this sense of loneliness and futility. The worst things have already happened and are still going on, the best you can hope to do is stop it for an indeterminate amount of time, possibly sacrificing yourself to do so. Nothing is going back to normal, there's no happy ending.

I think you're mostly right that the creative spark isn't there at the moment and it would take an injection of fresh blood from people with the genuine desire to make something new and interesting while maintaining the slower, scarier aesthetic that makes DeS so good and DaS1-3 increasingly NOT to really Make Lorderan Great Again. We got Bloodborne, so I guess we'll just have to make due with that.

Bloodborne is actually a good game despite being on ps4.

how do the Japanese do it
Just how do they do it?

How do you reckon? I beat TRC for the first time about a month ago and I remember the Spear of the Church fight just being the Old Monk fight but with a respawning enemy and the boss player getting a 'unique' spell that's functionally almost identical to the spell the Old Monk player got, the only difference being that the SOTC player has to manually cast it. It wasn't better, it just seemed more cluttered and wasted more of your time by making you kill the giant first.
Most bosses in DaS3 are about as easy as the Adjudicator, honestly. The only ones that stood out as difficult to me were the Nameless King, Champion Gundyr, Sister Friede and Midir, and those three are all far more derivative and similar to each other than any two bosses in Demon's Souls are. The rest of DaS3's bosses are complete pushovers.

Also, DaS3's bosses allegedly being harder doesn't necessarily mean they're better. Laurence's fight in The Old Hunters is one of the hardest bosses in Bloodborne and it's absolute garbage.

and those four*

It's during any non-walk/run animation. Getting hit during walk/run cuts your movespeed to prevent poisestabs but doesn't prevent you from acting.

I want a fucking Bloodborne spiritual successor.

Try Dark Souls 3, it's exactly that.

after 3 fucking days of going back to this guy and getting my shit shoved in during my relax time, i get on today expecting another hour of gitting gud and maybe some soul farming to get back all the stamina weed i've burned through… first fight of the day i beat the mofo.

once again DS proves to me that a huge chunk of the game is nerves. a relaxed mind performs better.

this game mang.

i hope it goes on sale soon so i can play it for real with online… to inevitably get my shit shoved in my invaders rather than bosses.

Part of it is work ethic, another part is culture. The western industry is so much larger, but has become consumed by the idea of entertainment products being like assembly line goods where you just toss the same shit over something and sell it. A lot of Japan's stuff remembers that there is an art to it.
Another part is that since we're foreign, we only see their better stuff, much like Japan either mostly see our good stuff or think our mainstream crap as a novelty.

this meme again? if anything they keep more of their good stuff in japan and we need to hunt and beg for it to be released here.

Searching for that also means exposing yourself to their bad stuff, mind. See enough of that, and you'll break the mystique.

there is no mystique, just reality. They make more good games to compete with literally the rest of the western world and still manage to have some games that are never released outside of Japan.

Wew, that's the most far fetched and weak excuse I've ever seen to not play something.

So I recently got all the achievements in 2 Sotfs. The game was enjoyable enough, the only parts I recall having some trouble was The path getting to the First Smelter Demon, The amount of guys and how quickly they aggro to you on such a small fucking path is ridiculous. I tried to get to the Smelter Demon on NG+2 thinking I would need the bonfire but it ended up being Way easier to skip past it and go straight to the bonfire above the Old Iron King boss .

Both Smelter Demon bosses and Sir Alonne also kicked my ass allot the first playthough, but aside from that I didn't have much trouble with anything, only question I have is if Armor is supposed to be so shit in the game or is it have stat scaling and i didn't know. Even though I had Havel's armor most of the time bosses would still 2 shot me, and things became way easier when I just ditched the armor for more agility, I just don't remember the armor being so shit in DS1.

done with the cleanup. i think the only big things i missed are the red plate ring, avelyn, sage's scroll and golden scroll. not bad for a nearing 60 hour run ending at lvl 95.

time for my next game.

fuck the eleonora. the fat hand bastards are hard to get to and i died a cheap death there.

New Crowbcat video

How?

removal of all lighting, fog, dof and other effects to improve performance on gaystation

you just said that consoles are to blame for ds2, a multiplat looking worse than a ps3 exclusive.
you should go back to r/masterrace.

It was prob bait.

Armor has stat scaling with the equip load stat. Stack BTSR with the spell Numbness on Havel's set fully upgraded and you'll see ~95% damage reduction even against bosses. Regular enemies will run into 99%.

who is your dark souls waifu

He isn't wrong you know.
Between cloth physics and environmental geometry DS2 has a lot more polygons than DeS. Except it doesn't mean that game automatically looks good, but you still need to free console's resources to render those polygons, while DeS and DS1 could spend it on post processing.
So yeah, DS2 looks like shit because playstation couldn't handle it.

It's a decent game and I had a good time running through it. The environments especially are very pretty and atmospheric. It has heavy flaws and I probably won't feel inclined to replay it any time soon, but I still have strong memories with it.

It's never going to approach DS1 in quality and you're an idiot if you anticipated it to.

tl;dr, it was good, fuck off back to reddit