I heard while back that Moon Dwellers has a bad English translation...

I heard while back that Moon Dwellers has a bad English translation, but I never played a SRW and I have a huge craving for it.
Is the english translation really that bad or should I find a different SRW game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8hQfdqaiaTE
youtube.com/watch?v=wnmp9ZOWj1E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There are like over 50 SRW games and they all suck.

But I want my crossover mech shooty shooty boom boom

You played one then you played them all.
It's the most low effort nonsense that repeats a large chunk of the previous games script.

How would you know you like crave something without even playing?
Why would you just buy a product outright without even knowing if you will like it?

Plenty of SRW games are emulateable and have fan translations or are in English like Original Generation and OG2.

Play those first.

Because I played SRPGs before like Project x Zone and the OG Saga Endless Frontier game.

Fair enough
Go gor it
I would still recommend you test the older games to get a feeling for it, you wont lose much.
if you say you will be losing time let me remind you that you're posting here

You're retarded, mechanically it's the best tactics RPG series.

Alright, nice. I'm also particularly looking for anything from Change!! Getter Robo, do you know which games have that?

The Z2s and Z3s have that but it's not translated.

the aeon genesis translations of the older games are pretty decent and srw v's localization is supposed to be alright. the og series never interested me as much so i never looked into it.

srw 3 has getters & is a pretty good starting place for the series

Aw fuck

Is SRW 3 translated?

Yeah 3 and 4 for the SNES are more or less fully translated, as is Alpha Gaiden and J. There's a fairly active translation of OGs for the PS2, which will hopefully lead to a translated OGG in the future.

Speaking of OGG, which attacks do you buff on the SRX and R-Gun to increase the HTB cannon's damage? Can't get over Dark Brain's first damage hurdle.

Good shit, now I got some autism robot action to play while on a plane

It's not GOOD, but people are exaggerating when they call it "unreadable". Poor grammar abounds, but if you have a basic grasp of english you should be able to extrapolate what they are trying to say.

V is straight up well translated, aside from the occasional proofreading error, but for a second outing it's great.

In MD, put all your money into Granteed, and stick Melua in there whenever possible. Granteed becomes unkillable, and Melua's unique attack is the coolest variation.also, bring Kai and his Gespenst on every possible mission, with G type equipment. Jet Phantom 2 stronk

That depends entirely on who's in the cast. W =/=Alpha 2

I count 2.6.
The GB games don't count, and i'm not sure if 4 ever came out.

Pretty sure you do the Launcher on the R-Gun.

That's Armageddon, correct? The Z games, V (which is actually in English) should have you covered.

Only if you suck dick right in the morning.

Yeah it's Armageddon and it was the fucking tits, thanks for recommending me correct games for it.

Not that guy but didn't SRW start out ion the OG Gameboy?

PFFFFFFFF BAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAHAAAHAHHHHAAHA

It did, but it also started out with the robots being sentient and without any interesting plot. 3 is where the SRW you'd know really starts.

Oh okay, I already got 3 loaded up on my laptop so I got that shit to play on a plane. Thanks for looking out.

I'm curious which one you think is the best now.

Animation wise, they're all kinda trash until F, or OG2 for the portable series, but 3 is where real characters start showing up.

I don't mind bad animations if the game is fun, however I did see some batshit insanity looking up gameplay for V.

V is a mixed bag, since it takes a lot from Z3, which may have some of the worst animation in a modern iteration, but it's been touched up, and anything new is usually pretty nice. I'd stay away from videos about Mazinger until you see it all in person, those are the best in the game. I'm excited for how you feel when you play J and Moon Dwellers, seeing Granteed go from having the best animations on the GBA, to some of the best on the PS4 is a treat.I love Granteed and Melua so much

What's Granteed and Melua?
I'm still relatively shit in my giant robot knowledge, it's extends to Gundam, Mazinger, Getter, Aquarion, and I guess sorta GaiGaiGar

You must play the original trilogy and F/F Final, the games made by the original dev team Winky Soft.
Yeah, they are archaic, the animations are static, etc. The spritework is still awesome and the plot makes a lot of sense (in its own non-canon SRW way).
F/F Final are like a reworked, expanded version of SRW3 by the way.
After you've completed these, you can move on to Alpha if you're craving for more.

Why's the original trilogy a must? Are they story connected or something?
Also whats the point of fan translated SRW3 if Final is a thing? I already grabbed 3 is why I'm asking

They aren't connected plot-wise but if you want to get into the series, it's best to start with the originals, so you can see how the series evolved.
SRW1 is very basic but it has multiplayed, if you have link-cable and another mecha obsessed friend. And SRW2 is the first time OG characters were introduced. SRW3 is great, I think still one of the best.
Also, I fucked up, F is a remake of SRW4.

Oh I see.
Alright I might give it a shot.

Nothing wrong with that, he's not as big a deal as those guys, in the grand scheme of things. He's one of the three OG units made for J. This is him. And this is his upgrade, Granteed Dracodeus. He get's a bitching cape and a lance.

Melua is on of the three girls you can choose from, she is the cutest and she likes candy and chocolate. This is what she looks like.

Moon Dwellers is the newest original generation game, and their first appearance since J came out in 2005. J is also one of the most popular games in the series as an entry point, since it has tons of western friendly series like Tekkaman Blade, Mazinkaiser and, like it or not, Gundam Seed.

This is what Granteed looks like in his debut, and here he is when he is introduced in Moon Dwellers. MD was pretty much focused on him, so he got a ton of budget. I'd show you Dracodeus, but that would spoil the magic. In MD, each girl get's a unique finisher, and Melua's is my favourite. It's the most unique of the three, and is the most dynamic.

youtu.be/8hQfdqaiaTE
youtube.com/watch?v=wnmp9ZOWj1E

F isn't in english though, is it?

Well goddamn, only OG game I played were those weird ass DS games and I only mostly liked the sadistic belly dancer and that green hair android who acts inebriated

However now he's a huge deal in OG because he houses a Kadoam Hakam, the setting's equivalent of the Mechanical Gods from Mazinger or Adam/Lilith from Eva.

That just became relevant again, actually.

Holy fuck he did one of my favorite combo moves in that video from Endless Frontier. That shits tight as fuck.

I meant more in terms of media awareness. In OG he is the new big dick G on the block. They'll likely bench him for a game or two, given how they put Touya and his harem in a refugee camp at the end, but he is DEFINITELY in it for the long haul. That big magic tree is probably also a Kadum Chakram, that will be another excuse for them to go pick up Jyaki-gun-oh.

Yeah, J was the first licenced game in a long time to get translated, that and the modern cast list made it real popular, despite some gameplay flaws. If you're going through the english titles, you'll get there pretty soon.

Yeah, I've been binging on various giant robot shit, watching Zeta Gundam through now, playing Gundam Versus, Breaker 2: Break Edition is coming in the mail, and I'm gonna play SRW 3 on a plane. Life is breddy gud