Risen

Apparently i found myself playing this game, and its not so bad. How's Risen 2 and 3?

Skip 2; 3's okay.

What's up about it?

1 is decent, 2 and 3 are shit-tier. Go play Gothic 1 and 2 with the systempak.

Gothic 2 > Gothic 1 > Risen 1 > Gothic 3 > Risen 3 > Risen 2 > …

2 has really shitty combat mechanics. Sucks all the fun right out, which is somewhat sad since it's decent otherwise.
3 fixes the combat, has some annoying boat sections and OP magic, but is allright otherwise

Do you guys think ELEX will be any good?

No.

No. But I'm willing to pirate it to try it.

This

i fucking hope so since i bought it
rate

I hope it will provide me with my fix for exploration heavy RPGs, since I find those to be rare as fuck.
I don't expect greatness, but neither something terrible, which seems to be all you can ask for these days

I will end up playing all the Gothic and Risen games at some point.
I don't even actually want to.
But I'm so starved for decent 3D action RPGs that I will soon have no choice but to play games that I used to ignore because they didn't catch my eye.
Kill me.
Maybe they'll even be good.

You can never guess bad if you complete gothic 1 this week.

Those 3/5 games are better than bethesda's 0/5.

Pretty much this

Most likely not

I'm playing Morrowind.
But I might add Gothic to my backlog soon. It's getting dangerously short.

user stop trying to start shit.

I just need my fix of gothic like games.
help me

I can agree with this

i skipped out on risen 2. risen 3 is possibly the worst game i ever played. i felt ripped off and i didn't even buy the piece of shit. the combat goes from annoying retarded shit where your character randomly does attacks with different animations to mindlessly annihilating everything. the world is uninteresting and filled with boring npcs with some of the most mind numbing uninspired voice acting. it's about as sleep inducing as listening to a 12 year old read his math book. then you have the fact that ripped assets directly from risen 2 apparently and they cut off content at release and sold it separately

If you know German, try the mod Odyssee. It takes place between G2 and G3, using G2 notr, fully voice acted with a story not directly related to the unnamed hero.
I'm 70h deep halfway through the game, I think.

There's also an English version but its not as up to date.

I got some Risen 3 WEBMs.

Risen 3 is okay, just okay. I really miss that you can explore shit out of it in other games.
The system where you can complete quest without going to quest giver like a little fag is heavily underused.

what with their obsession with natives bootys.

I can agree with this, although I would display it like this.

Gothic 2 > Gothic 1 > Risen 1 >>> Gothic 3 > Risen 3 >> Risen 2

Miscegenation is heavily promoted in my country. You have to remember that the folks working on these games are probably all German nu-male faggots.
This upsets me greatly.

Ist das diese Mod in der man einen Paladin spielt? Hab die schon im auge gehabt.

PB? nu males? nod really

Yeah exactly, you play as Roland that wants to become a paladin. It's a really polished mod with an interesting story, the creators are always active in the help threads on worldofgothic forums as well so you get quick help if you're stuck or wonder about stuff something.
Strongly recommend checking it out.

will do,thanks :-)

blacks are only natives and the only black pirate is ex-native.
I only saw one black in entire PB team. but there is colored hair guy though.

But patty oh boy.
On one hand patty has tits like no other and on other she scream during fight
and other feminist tier bullshits in both 2&3

Patty is some grade-A fap-bait, that's for sure. Pity there's no real rule 34 of her I've come across.

like the extended options on weapons
and cant wait for more AngryPesos dumbness.

there are 3 bad pictures.

Risen 1 is good. 2 is extremely consolized and completely different in tone. The protagonist looks completely different, is suddenly a pirate for some fucking reason, sounds completely different and acts completely different. There is absolutely no reason to even think he's even the same guy if it wasn't the game pointing it out to you at various points. Combat is garbage, and exploration might as well not exist. Remember how you could climb shit and use spells like levitation in the first? Yeah, that's gone. Remember traps you had to solve and could sometimes use different solutions for? Yeah, those are QTEs now. Risen 1 ran pretty well, while 2 runs like absolute shit.

They also have some obsession with pirates. They were present in 1 but a minor part. In 2 everything is PIRATESPIRATESPIRATES.

Risen 2 is one of the worst sequels I've seen. 3 got hyped as being a return to 1, but that's just lies. It's essentially identical to 2, possibly aside from some minor tweaks. The gameplay is still the same consolized, restrictive garbage.

how many of them worked on gothic 1 and 2?

even gothic expansion had pirates. dont get the obsession either.

Wasn't the Patty the only woman that actually fought using melee-weapons? Other ones were natives but they were magicians, if I remember, so it's less than usual in a fantasy world that doesn't really try to be realistic.

There are more PB games with Pirates than without. Not like there's a lot of games using this theme but someone high up must really have a hard on for pirates.

how come they still operate with such shit tier sales. I mean they sell AA games for AAA prices.

Germany injects fund into them? EU?

Risen 3 seems less popular but overall their sales seem pretty good to me, although they probably still use some of that EU or government funding.

They don't have bad sales but yeah germany has some tax laws or something about funding arts

The sales are probably much worse than that. All 3 Risen games were in Humble Bundle several times.

their games are so often in bundles and sales I picked Risen2 for like 1.99

You have to add the console sales.

2 and 3 are both cancer from what I've heard on the Risen forum as well as and general RPG forums. Risen 1 is the only one worth your time.

Risen 1 is a decent ARPG, but 2 somehow manages to be more boring and forgettable than the first despite having an arguably more unique setting. Haven't played 3 because I fucking hated 2.

The game is good at the start. Once you go to see the inquisitor, it turns to utter shit. Nothing in the past matters anymore and it just like "oh, right, you did something… here have this armor and now fuck off, I have no dialogs left" and it all becomes apparent that at the end, they just run out of time/money/ideas and just "fight that boss.

And that boss fight was the worst joke. "oh, you like sword?", "oh you like staff?" "FUCK YOU! USE THE FUCKING HAMMER!"