So, which one sucks more these days?

So, which one sucks more these days?

Feel free to include me.

Konami for obvious reasons

Konami followed closely by Capcom

The others are… mediocre, but on a slow upswing in my opinion, though their problems as companies have exacerbated.

Its amazing how sega at the same time is least pozzed but the most offensive company in the list. Mother fucking denuvo on sonic games.

I wanna Say Nintendo and Sega are the Lesser of the Evils (Not Exempt for being shitty)

Capcom, Square, Konami and Sony are leagues shittier, but for different reasons. Sony is mostly shit for things outside of gaming, such as their movies. Konami are all Pachinko, Square its grossly high expectations and nickle and diming, and Capcom is a Western Pandering Mess.

Sega make good decisions followed by shit ones. Porting their games to PC are good, Sonic Mania is good, but DRM On Sonic Mania is bad. Nintendo keep doing what they are doing, but Amiibos and making their games more and more easier, but seem to know sort of what people want? (Metroid Prime 4, but it could be dumbed down and shit).

Nintendo=Sega>OP=Faggot>Sony>Capcom=Konami
Well this is unfortunate

Sony is fucking garbage and they're even worse with literally no competition.

I haven't played a sony system since Dragons Crown for the PS3

Capcom and Konami. Konami slightly more.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Mario. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of classical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also the deep lore, which is deftly woven into characterisation- the Mario philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Mario truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Mario’s existential catchphrase “Itsa me, a Mario!” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Shigeru Miyamoto’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

Easily Konami and Capcom.

Sega is pretty fucking great if not just because they have a sense of humor.

SEGA has been doing well though recently. Granted they fucked up with Denuvo, but everything besides Forces is extremely promising.

but to answer your question I'd say Konami.

Sega is the best out of that list by a huge margin. Konami and Capcom are probably the worst due to being genuinely shitty companies, which might include (((Sony))). Square is probably second best on the list, which makes me nauseous to say. They're not really evil, just incompetent. Nintendo's just as incompetent, but they actively do dumb shit and hate their fans.

tl;dr: (best to worst)
Sega >> Square ~= Nintendo >> Sony > Capcom > Konami

I am trying to debate whether SEGA are bad or just retarded? They are almost bipolar in how they react.

Konami

Also, Ubisoft and Bethesda need to be on that list.

Probably Konami < Capcom < Nintendo < Squeenix = Sony < SEGA.

Sony and Squeenix are in the middle. While they haven't been really doing anything wrong, they haven't been doing anything right either. Everyone else though, with the exception of SEGA, has massively fucked up in recent months.

Gaijin piggu go home.

Just the opinion of a humble PC gamer.

1st: Konami
2nd: Sony
3rd: Capcom
4th: SquareEnix
5th: Nintendo & Sega

They've always been a shitty Dev but they're even worse as Publisher (HITMAN 2016). At least NieR was good.
Jesus Christ, I don't know about Capcom Japan but Capcom USA and Europe are a fucking trainwreck. Failure after failure after failure.
Haven't played a Yu-Gi-Oh game in a while, are the new ones good?
Breath of the Wild is supposed to be good and Super Mario Odyssey looks cool so I guess they're doing okay.
The only fuck up I can think of is not saying that Sonic Mania would have Denuvo, otherwise they're pretty great.
Didn't they stop making video games and only focused on making movies nowadays?

Sage because this is another complain thread and we already have enough of those. Should've named the Thread "What are your opinions on …" that way it would have been a better one.

Nyet! Capcom has a well earned reputation for being shit, but for the past few years they've been good, with MvC being an exception. An eye should be kept on them for sure, as their likely to be gaming's shittiest publishers again, but their not there yet.

Konami on the other hand is the publisher that shitted on its customers, killed the golden goose and gave it's fans the middle finger so it could sell pachinko machines. Quite honestly, i think everyone, normalfags included, would be happy to see them died.

Right…
I'm totally fine with TotalWar:Warhammer 2 being a reskin of TotalWar:WarHammer, because they have a sense of humor.

Both.

Atlas(owned by Sega) trying to take down a PS3 emulator.
Denuvo DRM unlisted.
Totalwar:Warhammer scummy DLC, and the second game is a reskin.

like here's the thing, when SEGA as a publisher has been pushing out good games like VFD, Yakuza, Sonic Mania. While pushing out extremely promising games like Virtual On and 13 Sentinals, there comes a time where SEGA may not be at fault for the actions of shitty developers.

Atlus is owned by Sega, ergo Atlus' shitty actions are Sega's shitty action.

Accepted

Atlus has also been including truckloads of day 1 DLCs onto their games. It got so bad with EO2U that they dialed it down with EO5.

I think you got those mixed up boy-o
They hired a team of fans to develop Sonic Mania and somebody added Denuvo who wasn't the fanteam, it was very likely Sega as publishers who did that.

What has Capcom done recently that's been good? How is MvC the exception?

You can't honestly be this retarded.

Capcom is a parody company posing as triple A.
The rest literally have no excuse.

Western developers obviously.

Yeah, but that was because SEGA of Europe was handiling the port. Also it's because of Mark and his 12 game overs.

Why the fuck would you make an anti-consumer decision because of an obscure internet clown leaking your game and humiliating himself?
They deserve to be shat on for this.

I haven't played a Sony system since finishing Shadow of the Colossus for the 13th time two years ago on my PS2.

you people don't matter

That's a hard choice.
Their biggest sins boil down to their mishandling of classic IPs and their insistence on the "episodic" model. The former complaint isn't so bad in the grand scheme of things, I mean what AAA company doesn't mishandle classic IPs? Not saying it's good, just saying that it's pretty much how everyone else operates. Now, if the episodic content model gains traction and more companies begin adopting it, the industry will become much worse over time. The potential for cancer there is incredible, so it makes Squeenix quite a contender for shittiest company
Capcom are just retarded, that's all. They mishandle their own IPs, but they can sometimes get things right. I don't know if there are any tales of corporate malpractice, as is the case for Konami, but even if there are, at the very worst you can say that they just come across as retards who don't know what they're doing.

You ya Sony fag

Sure maybe in 2013, but all they've been doing for the past 4 years is pure marxist shit

Sony for obvious reasons.

Also all these people saying Konami is the worst fucking confuses me
How the fuck is a company that makes no games worse than one that makes very shit games

Whoa nigga, Nintendo is converting to a worker cooperative?

WaWa2 is because of mostly CA with a bit of GW and basically SEGA just published it

Well Cultural Marxist shit is what I meant to of said because in all honesty Economic Marxism has been entirely irrelevant for about 110 years now

Oh right so not Marxism.

pretty much I'm shitposting and you fell for my trap
Maybe I'm not pretending

SE is the most heartbreaking for me personally but objectively they're probably not the worst since they can still make good Dragon Quest games, localization done by Bill Cosby aside.
Konami is a sort of special case since they sucked so hard that they collapsed in on themselves that they have effectively removed themselves from the industry. And took Hudson with them.FUCK KONAMI
I guess it would be a toss up between Nintendo and Capcom but if I have to choose then I'm going with Nintendo.

Nah, that's all you. All i said was, Sega is responsible for Atlus' shitty behavior. If they don't want to be responsible, then don't buy other companies, or keep them on a tighter leash.

Eh, you're semi right. The best i can find from them is mostly ports of old franchises.

Dragon's Dogma (Port)
Dead Rising (Port)
Monster Hunter Stories
Ōkami (Retro port)
Resident Evil 7

Konami > Capcom > Nintendo > Sony > Square-Enix > Sega

Sega > Crapcum > Square > Sony > Konami > Shitendo

In terms of being assholes: Cucknami hands down. They've been trying to fuck over their developers forever.
In terms of kikery: Sony, no contest. From making playstation plus mandatory for online play for no good reason, to pisspoor pro sucking dick
In terms of sheer stupidity: Nintendo. Paid online sucks, treehouse needs to be burned down and Shigeru "If we can't turn the gameplay upside down we won't make a sequel" Miyamoto needs to be forcibly removed.

It was a very close call, but Nintendo edged it out with Oddesy's retardproof mode.

I agree with treehouse and online, and I'd add amiibos to that as well, but
I'd have to argue. Shiggy is a senile fuckwad and needs to be removed, but moreso for ruining existing good games. But I can't comprehend why people would want the same game again and again. I thought that was the whole reason people hated nu-Nintendo, why ask for more of it.

Sony>Capcom>Nintendo>Square Enix>Sega
And Konami can't be on a video games list as they don't make videogames

The problem is Miyamoto keeps series like F-Zero from getting new games because he keeps shutting them down because "it wasn't innovative enough". Not every game has to go from Mario 64 to Mario Sunshine to Mario Galaxy to Mario and Rabbids every time a new game in the series comes out. But Shiggy is an old fuck who was around when the wheel was invented so he keeps trying to re-invent the wheel.

Sega > Sony > Nintendo > Konami > All US devs > Capcom

Shitnami recently infamously gave longtime and new fans from Arc-V alike the ugly straight up retarded kike finger by officially changing the rules to where you can't use the special cards the game is literally known for without new ones that are a retarded faggot physical pay wall. It didn't even do any good in the OCG.

So yeah, that's how Yugioh's doing.

Fuck it, everyone is just shittier than Sega and that's saying something as this point when it looks tolerable.

I hate internet fad words.

Konami
Capcom
Sony/ Nintendo tied
Sega/ SE tied

There is still gameplay in Uncharted and The Last of Us. New God of War hasn't come out yet.
That's a good thing. Remember when people were bitching that PS3 and 360 lasted too long and people wanted newer consoles with better technology?
VR on console is good.
Giving old games better graphics and framerate is bad?

Most of your points are bad, and you are a pleb.

Capcom released DD drm free on gog so they're pretty based for a customer treatment angle. MH5 looks pretty amazing too.

Old meme is old.

So you're saying SEGA is a bug chaser then.

I'd bugchase quite a few Sonic characters come to think about it

Valve.

nintendo sucks the worst beond saving at this point
konami pretty much is out of the game
Capcom I honoestly haven't touch their games in a decade now
sega is alright has problems but is alright helping sonic mania happen is good but slapping DRM and other shit on their shit fucks them.
sony is alright has problems but is alright they fuck the customer the least out of the big three
Square enix has problems half of it is alright other is shit

Nintendo. Capcom and Konami are shit, Sony don't spend anything on their online security and Square milk the ever loving shit out of their franchises.
But Nintendo will sell games that can be emulated for absurd amounts on their console. They still actively engage in price fixing accessories and games through limited supply… Games from 2013 can be found at full retail price in stores, or even more expensive if it's considered "rare".
They create small demand knowing that things sell like hotcakes, forcing their fans to religiously stalk their websites. They release horrendously underpowered hardware for their respective generations, charging a profit on them when every other company offers value through loss leading.

Hell, Nintendo not only have the audacity to offer no hardware value but they also offer no software value. Digital games can be seen at full price regardless of age, and sales are extremely rare. Even then their sales are pathetic at best. While every other competitor sells you a product at a loss leader, then gives you the opportunity to wait for newer releases to become cheaper before purchasing, Nintendo gives a fuck you and simply makes you pay full price for everything regardless of when you buy it.

Worse is the growing need for amiibos to completely experience a game. A lot of companies are bad for day one, on disc DLC but Nintendo take it to another level. They offer day one, on disc DLC that's fucking limited. If you do not autistically stalk the Nintendo website for the newly released Metroid amiibos and purchase them less than half an hour after they're out then guess what? You'll never experience a fucking game difficulty option for the game.
What's that? You're new to the Nintendo ecosystem and want to buy Samus Returns years after it comes out? Better look at those expensive resellers or miss out entire sections of your full priced retail game… Even if it's 5 years old.

It doesn't stop there, Nintendo are willing to put extremely weak hardware in a plastic case, bundle it with some SNES controllers and give it a couple of games you can emulate for free. Then charge 10 times what it cost to make, sell it in extremely limited supply and laugh as idiots eat it up.
All this doesn't even include the cancer that is Nintendo Treehouse and localisation, how pandering to waifufags and casuals has ruined Fire Emblem.
Nintendo get away with more than any games company should, because it's Nintendo. Because their fans treat the company like a religion and to insult Nintendo is to hate videogames.
They are the worst company in gaming history, period. And even though they aren't as cancerous as they were when they achieved market dominance in the old days, they're still pretty cancerous today.

Sega are awful for ports. It's been almost 16 years and there is STILL not a fucking Jet Set Radio Future PC port.

Sony>Konami>Capcom>Nintendo>Sega

I was meaning the quality of ports but I never played that game. And those games never really interested me, I guess I was just lucky that Generations and VC were decent ports.

Nutendo is 200% cancer, Square, Konami, Capcom and Sony are 199% cancer, and Sega is a relatively low 150% cancer.

Please PLEASE PLEASE HAVE A DICK.

Konami > Capcom >>>>> Bamco >>>> Nintendo = Sony > Squeenix >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SEGA

Microsoft

From most unforgivable to least unforgivable:
Konami
Konami
Konami
Nintendo
Sony
Sega
Capcom
Squeenix

Valve

Nigger, you are dumb.

user they lost the code

How can a company be so incompetent as to lose the source code to an entire million-dollar production? It's not exclusive to SEGA either, there's a rumor that Rockstar lost the source code to Red Dead Redemption hence why it never made it to PC but I personally don't buy that shit

Sega is absolutely based, what are you on about?

Its time to fuckoff back to >>>/reddit/

Some Anons got really fucking mad when Sonic Maina had Denuvo.

Sonic Maina having Denuvo tainted allot of the good Sega has done recently for some anons.

I made 2 posts cuz the site hiccuped.

smh tbh fam

What did Sega do? Their biggest crime has been years of mediocre games, but recently their games seem to have gotten a little better.

Who the fuck cares? It's a cheap throwaway franchise specifically made for stupid gaijin furfags for extra dosh.
And they still bought it with denuvo, so it driven point right home.
Anything Sega does for people that aren't degenerate and actually love video games is good and mostly cancer-free.

Maybe you could try drinking bleach :^)

It was in top sellers on steam so yeah they did.
It's always vocal minority that bitches about denuvo on steam forums.

He does, why does that matter user

With a huge mismanaging over Sonic franchise where the lead of Sonic Team doesn't know what made Sonic good in the first place, the rage inducing and terrible practice SEGA has imposed through from now on adopting Denuvo on future Sonic games and a guy tthat handles the official Sonic's twitter where it's only used to deposit worn out repetitive meme jokes where some may even harm Sonic's image?

I don't think so.

theres plenty of hardcore sonic fans that don't browse Holla Forums
like the ones on deviantart

SEGA is the worst for me just because they're the only one that has had a negative influence on games I actually wanted to play.

Sega is alright if you exclude everything that has to do with Sonic.

Bamco is the worst by far. Like Bamco, all of those other companies sell half a game and the rest in DLC packs and other minor microtransactions. The difference is that with the other companies, you at least get a resolution to the main plot of the game. The Dark Arisen expansion to Dragon's Dogma was a nice side story, but unnecessary to enjoy the story of the main game. Bamco games, on the other hand, literally just get left on a cliffhanger or some slow part of the story, then bam. Ending credits. Hope you're willing to shell out another $90 for the three expansion packs that finish the story, contain 50% of all gear in the game as well as all the best skills, all the endgame content that gives it any replayability, and a level cap increase from 70 to 999. If I'm expected to pay money for something, I expect to get the whole thing, not half of it.

This is b8 but it's also a realistic window into the thought process of the modern normalfag "gamer."

Yeah, those buy sonic everything, denuvo or not.
That's the point of sonic existing, to sell it to furfags.
Good enough tactic to fund good games that don't sell like Yakuza.

You mean bare minority user
If it wasn't for it being such an outstanding game that shit would've been unsalvageable, it started out as fucking mixed in the 50s when the review bombs hit and was mixed for a while until very recently

kys furfag

waste of trips
go back to cuckchan

Why would I got to your place?
Better obey the trips and kys.

Nintendo and Sega are cool, the rest can go eat a dick

Sega>Sony>Nintendo>Squeenix>Crapcom>Konami

What really got people angry is that after Sega delayed it for another 2 weeks, they threw in a Sonic 1 port, bug fixes and slightly reduced price to make up for it. But, if you still had it pre ordered within those 2 weeks when the game was slated to come out, you couldn't refund it. So when the game was revealed to have Denuvo added at the last minute, people were stuck with it.

To any non Yugioh fans, does this not sound on paper like something that only cuck tier retarded consumers would stand for?

Nice argumend :D

From most to least sucky:
Sony
Nintendo
Konami
Sqeenix
Capcom
Sega

This, but I want to add sony america and nintendo of america are both fucking over the japanese branches, sony america making the stupid movies, and noa slavedriving noj and giving them bad ideas like the jewtube and dcma fanworks. They could get better if ther american brances all died.

They didn't "lose" the code. That's just a friendly PR way of saying that they shredded the code and most of the production materials shortly after the game's launch. This is typically done to prevent leaks, reduce corporate espionage, and because archival for historical purposes means fuck-all to multi-million/billion dollar corporations.

Besides, back then, console architectures were so different from machine to machine - that the whole game largely had to be recreated from scratch for each port, which was why it was so rare and why ports tended to look and play significantly different from one another.

You probably see a lot less destruction/atrophy of development resources today - if only because multiplatform development is industry standard to recoup investments… and most machines run on standard x86 architecture, meaning each individual port is just a small investment, rather than being comparable damned near to the development of a whole new game in itself.

No, nigger, no. You'd only have a point if the PS4Pro was allowed to have it's own exclusives that took advantage of the hardware. But that's not the case. All PS4Pro games must also run on the PS4, which means not only are the games shackled to the base specs that haven't been good since 2012, but it means that in order to ensure compatibility - the PS4Pro (and Xbox One X) had to be gimped into just OC'd base models with a slightly better GPU.

And that's going to potentially extend the consoles life even further - while still shackling developers to those 2012 specs.

Consoles don't work on an itterative model, because there's not enough competition to fill out a spectrum of varying hardware profiles. It works on the PC and Mobile because you have dozens of different manufactures each with their own lines of products of varying capabilities all running the same OS. You can't replicate that in the console space unless you license out your console to third party manufacturers, or you try to release a new model at the rate of twice a year, which would completely fuck consumer confidence and bankrupt any single company.

I miss modular consoles.

SEGA has serious corporate problems, though. Don't forget the Shining Force 3 Youtube fiasco. As amusing as it was to watch DSP sweating bullets for getting videos taken down, it was a dick move to take videos down solely to make advertisements for their upcoming game Shining Ark move to the top. They retracted a few months later, but a few channels were still struck down permanently after receiving their third strike because of this.

SEGA has done shit like this repeatedly, too. The Sonic Mania DRM fiasco puts a bad taste in my mouth specifically because of the way they handled it. Count out the fucking days between release (15th) and PC release (29th): 14 days. They banked on Steam's refund policy protecting them by giving people a free copy of Sonic 1 to "hold them over" for two weeks or two hours of game time, and the entire situation immediately blew up in their faces. They even went around the developers to install it without them knowing.

That's mostly NoA and Treehouse, but it does worry me that NoA is working directly with Japanese developers to make things more "multiculturally sensitive". I agree on just about everything else, though; the DMCA claims are really stupid but at least they're not pulling a Furie and coming back after years.

despite all of this, there's been more impressive ps4 games than anything else this gen.

If you're going to shift the goal post, at least shift it to a place where you can actually score a goal.